PDA

View Full Version : new value pack

MissAntoinette
04-24-15, 01:12 PM
I was wondering what the first item is In the value pack that came out Friday April 24th 2015

Anaboe
04-24-15, 01:20 PM
And I was wondering what the second Item is ;)

First is a Treasure Trove, if you search on the forum, you can find what it gives. All kinds of nice goodies.

GarfieldandPookie
04-24-15, 01:48 PM
I think the second item is the letter of recommendation for the horse quest.

dragonspearls
04-24-15, 02:11 PM
Mine is showing (in order) the treasure trove, 100 energy and 10 documents. No way they're deeds to a horse. Probably expansion permits.

55lee55
04-24-15, 02:25 PM
I wonder if the appearance of apparent expansion items are an indication that we can expect expansions soon.

I agree that it is unlikely they are horse permits, and not sure that they are expansion permits, but I have hope they are related to an impending expansion, trade tickets maybe? I suppose it is possible that they are documents that we haven't seen yet. They don't look to me to be Inscriptions for Sister, Sister and I can't think of what other type of documents they could be. I doubt we would be offered Letters of Recommendation for sale, but given the Daily Market Undeal I guess anything is possible.

It appears that in this game there will always be someone who will buy what is offered no matter if it makes sense to me or not ;)

minoalibrary
04-24-15, 02:29 PM
With the red seal at the bottom, I would say they are Trade Tickets. Compare with the ones in your Inventory.

minoalibrary
04-24-15, 02:36 PM
Went ahead and got the package, they are Letters of Recommendation. It is Treasure Troves and energy as the others.

55lee55
04-24-15, 02:53 PM
But Letters of Recommendation are FREE for the asking!

I have been handing them out as fast as they can pile up. I coulda been a millionaire if I'd thought to sell them!

Why should I be surprised. They sell everything else and people buy it. Guess they gave up on providing quality gaming. No update this week. Why bother if people will buy Letters of Recommendation instead?

This is proof that if you put a price tag on nothing people will pay good money for it. A better investment would be to buy gems and get the Letters for free if someone has to buy something. :(

minoalibrary
04-24-15, 03:00 PM
I was pretty sure they were Trade Tickets when I got the package, which I could have used. I am happy with the Treasure Troves and energy though.

PraxisOfGood
04-24-15, 03:05 PM
First is a Treasure Trove, if you search on the forum, you can find what it gives. All kinds of nice goodies.

In fact, I searched through the inventory guide and the building guide and saw no mention of treasure troves. Would someone please spell it out for us newbies? :)

Anaboe
04-24-15, 03:42 PM
It's a package you can chop with 1 energy, and gives random, usually nice items. But, all those items you can also make another way. So I always want to keep the troves and don't chop them.

fridayschild13
04-24-15, 03:46 PM
I thought it was expansion permits and was almost tempted, though I've sworn not to give TL any more money after a customer service debacle. I'm glad it's just letters, though, as that's not even slightly tempting.

dragonspearls
04-24-15, 04:51 PM
trade tickets maybe?

Oh duh, they may indeed be trade tickets. I didn't think about going through my inventory to check.

Edit: After having read the rest of the responses and seeing they are letters of recommendation, I really question if this is worth it for the energy and trove. I'm done with the letter part of the goal and am fighting beasties (assuming they decide to spawn - they've been rather shy about appearing today).

jim23cash
04-24-15, 04:58 PM
I bought it, thinking that they were trade tickets for EXPANSION PERMITS!! Oooh, I'm so unhappy! I'm done with letters already!
TL/S8: Please put labels with descriptions on items for purchase!

dragonspearls
04-24-15, 04:58 PM
But Letters of Recommendation are FREE for the asking!

I have been handing them out as fast as they can pile up. I coulda been a millionaire if I'd thought to sell them!

Why should I be surprised. They sell everything else and people buy it. Guess they gave up on providing quality gaming. No update this week. Why bother if people will buy Letters of Recommendation instead?

This is proof that if you put a price tag on nothing people will pay good money for it. A better investment would be to buy gems and get the Letters for free if someone has to buy something. :(

Well, they would be useful for those with few neighbors, or not enough good neighbors, to get the letters in a timely fashion. If I were in that position, I'd be tempted. It took me longer than I thought it would to get the letters (apparently some of my neighbors are either away from the game for whatever reason, or they decided not to accept/send the letters for some reason).

bookadey
04-24-15, 05:28 PM
I think there should be labels on these items. I almost bought it thinking they were expansion permits. Glad I checked here first.

During these timed events, I have read posts on this forum that some people do not like to have their progress in the game dependent on other people, so I think this is an alternative for them.

GameGal
04-25-15, 11:43 AM
Letter of Recommendations??? Really! I almost bought the Value Pack thinking they were expansion tickets.
GLAD I didn't as I am done with that part :-)
Thanks Minoalibrary!!!

kat8rose
04-25-15, 02:09 PM
in the "sneak Peak and musings of what it might be" thread, kittensabc kindly listed items dropped from the treasure trove.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75061-Sneak-Peek-amp-Musings-of-what-it-might-be-about

lionheart148
04-25-15, 05:19 PM
I read in an earlier post you can only receive 21 letters of recomendation a day. That's including asking Stormy.