PDA

View Full Version : Boosted breeding?

Tinkerbel48
04-24-15, 10:40 AM
A banner popped up in my game and said get boosted breeding until Tuesday...????

rjazz
04-24-15, 10:42 AM
Yes, what does that mean???

kooky panda
04-24-15, 10:45 AM
Boosted breeding is when you breed two dragons you will have an option show up above your pink breed sign. It will be yellow and have an extra cost.
Normally it is 12 gems, but sometimes TL will offer it for coins for short period of time.
It is suppose to help get more rare, super rare dragons.

Tinkerbel48
04-24-15, 10:47 AM
Ohhhh thank you Jesus!!!

mbyte68
04-24-15, 11:06 AM
Bubble dragon on the way boasted :)

LonePudding
04-24-15, 11:07 AM
As usual, I have no idea what to try for first...

MaribouMay
04-24-15, 11:16 AM
As usual, I have no idea what to try for first...

Me too! I decide to try Frightmare (blue-black) and Diamond hoping for a diamond hybrid. Got 15 hours (Deep) which I already have.

Rainbow and Pixie is another combo I like. Lots of good stuff can come from that one.

tito786
04-24-15, 11:23 AM
Coins for boosted breeding.....yayyyyy....
Is there possibility of getting ultra rare dragons or it is only applicable for rare and super rare??

rjazz
04-24-15, 11:28 AM
Thank you Kooky!
So I guess since Diamond is my highest dragon-I should pair it with something? I got the Diamond before I hit level 20 I think. Suggestions?

LonePudding
04-24-15, 11:42 AM
Me too! I decide to try Frightmare (blue-black) and Diamond hoping for a diamond hybrid. Got 15 hours (Deep) which I already have.

Rainbow and Pixie is another combo I like. Lots of good stuff can come from that one.

I've recently been using rainbow x pink lotus for triple rainbow but got nothing good out of it. After this long 17 hr cloud in my den I'm going to try for LEO! I completely forgot about him! I think after diamond, that's the second most important, most wanted type for me. Hopefully the boost will keep the mists at bay! Good luck on your diamond hybrids!

zyfazix
04-24-15, 12:22 PM
Accidentally hit normal breed on Deep x Brightsteel, how stupid. Still a 10 hour though so if it's a messenger it was a lucky mistake

owa411
04-24-15, 01:22 PM
Thank you!! Not by boosted breed but have a melody on my den.
LP: weren't you going to try for an archangel?? ;-)

LonePudding
04-24-15, 01:52 PM
Thank you!! Not by boosted breed but have a melody on my den.
LP: weren't you going to try for an archangel?? ;-)

Haha, don't tempt me! I decided it's officially too hard for me to breed an archangel. But now I have Guardian Angel so I'm not too bothered anymore...Not saying I wouldn't love it as a fail though :D

BiteMe111
04-24-15, 01:56 PM
Since I have both the den and the breeding roost still occupied for 12 and 17 hours respectively (the game decided to give me a nice unofficial boost I guess, since in both I've got exactly the dragons I'd been trying for, Gold in one and Lacewing in the other), I have two questions:
1. How much in coins does the boosted breed cost?
2. Is it only for the regular den or for the "roost" (the rechargeable one that's 100 gold/week) as well?

zyfazix
04-24-15, 02:07 PM
2. Is it only for the regular den or for the "roost" (the rechargeable one that's 100 gold/week) as well?

This weekend boosted breed is the same cost as regular breeding, 200 coins. I can't answer your question about the roost since I don't have it but my assumption is that the roost has the boosted breed for 200 coins as well

ndtrance
04-24-15, 02:20 PM
Since I have both the den and the breeding roost still occupied for 12 and 17 hours respectively (the game decided to give me a nice unofficial boost I guess, since in both I've got exactly the dragons I'd been trying for, Gold in one and Lacewing in the other), I have two questions:

Boosted Breed is 200 coins (Free) on the roost as well:)

BiteMe111
04-24-15, 02:22 PM
Awesome, thank you both for your replies. :)

AMuffins
04-24-15, 02:24 PM
Here is the link from the last Boosted Breed weekend... lots of info there.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79069-Boosted-Breed-Weekend!!&highlight=boosted+breed

Just remember even though it is Boosted Breed you can still get Common type Dragons... Please do not get mad at the messenger.

Anaboe
04-24-15, 02:24 PM
I'm trying with Quetzal and Triple Rainbow, and the outcome can be:
Eagle, Flower, Pansy, Chameleon, Mist, Patchwork, Leopard, Horizon or Tricorn (all 14 hours). Only Horizon would be a new dragon. Lol.

My luck: it's prolly a Mist.

BiteMe111
04-24-15, 02:31 PM
Once my den and roost are available, I'm definitely going to be trying for Leo on one of them, haven't yet decided what to go for on the other, but probably something involving my Diamond and ???

LonePudding
04-24-15, 03:11 PM
It's times like this when I really want to buy that roost....

LonePudding
04-24-15, 03:14 PM
Diamond and ???

If you have an archangel, breeding it with diamond can get you a Mercury, angel, dark angel, black diamond or anubis. Neon is also another good tricolour dragon to use.

Anaboe
04-24-15, 03:29 PM
Good advice, I just reactivated my Breeding Roost :D

BiteMe111
04-24-15, 03:35 PM
If you have an archangel, breeding it with diamond can get you a Mercury, angel, dark angel, dark angel or anubis. Neon is also another good tricolour dragon to use.

Unfortunately, I have neither Archangel nor Neon. The hybrids I've got so far are the most basic ones: Crusader, Quetzal and (still on the roost) Gold. What is usually the next hybrid to go for, after those 3 easiest ones?

Annica5
04-24-15, 03:48 PM
And for those that care about Arctic: the boost is 200 coins there as well.

LonePudding
04-24-15, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately, I have neither Archangel nor Neon. The hybrids I've got so far are the most basic ones: Crusader, Quetzal and (still on the roost) Gold. What is usually the next hybrid to go for, after those 3 easiest ones?

Infinity!!! Breed diamond and crusader until you get one! Pretty easy as the short fire fails keep you sane! The other fail is crusader which is 44 hours. Infinity is 40 hours so you'll definitely know when you have it. Good luck!

I've made up mind! I'm trying for Leo and Icecrown (the only Arctic diamond I don't have yet!)

EDIT: Well I just got my Leo first try!! He's sitting on my nest FINALLY, it only took 9 months! Now I'm back to square 1....what should I try for??

LonePudding
04-24-15, 11:24 PM
And for those that care about Arctic: the boost is 200 coins there as well.

Thanks for reminding me! I completely forgot :rolleyes:

VanaCatu
04-25-15, 12:41 AM
so the boosted breeding is for those exact guys?

i didn't understand and closed the pop-up :(

does anyone have a pic?
or list of drags we can try for?

Annica5
04-25-15, 01:11 AM
so the boosted breeding is for those exact guys?

i didn't understand and closed the pop-up :(

does anyone have a pic?
or list of drags we can try for?
No, much better than that! The odds are better for getting a rare or super rare rather than a common no matter what you put on the den. When you've chosen the couple be very sure to press the upper alternative that normally says "Boost for 12 gold" but now says 200 coins.
And I have had ultra rare diamonds on previous boost weekends so pretty sure the odds are better for those too :)

VanaCatu
04-25-15, 01:24 AM
No, much better than that! The odds are better for getting a rare or super rare rather than a common no matter what you put on the den. When you've chosen the couple be very sure to press the upper alternative that normally says "Boost for 12 gold" but now says 200 coins.
And I have had ultra rare diamonds on previous boost weekends so pretty sure the odds are better for those too :)
ahaa!!! wow! tks for answer! )))

will try then 4 types for diamond. still dont have any.

tks again! :)

Anaboe
04-25-15, 04:45 AM
Well, my first one is a Winter, and my second one prolly too, it's also a 12 hour... The other one was a partchwork, witch I already had too, and now I'm breeding Life or a Balloon. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

ndtrance
04-25-15, 05:52 AM
Yesterday I worked with quetzal and virtue/black swan. I bred 1 life, 2 landworms, rose, laser light and now balloon. Switching over the black rose and virtue/black swan. I need several dragons but hoping for mask, kitsune, divine, pixie, messenger or neon. Got a 16hr breed time now but it will be a repeat. Good luck everyone!

pernmagic
04-25-15, 07:44 AM
It does say "might" so first try produced Mist ...... Now to work out who to use for next try ...... Always hopeful ;)

buttabdullah99
04-25-15, 08:38 AM
I just breed diamond/ secret and got 10 hrs anyone tell me what it is ?????

LonePudding
04-25-15, 09:07 AM
I just breed diamond/ secret and got 10 hrs anyone tell me what it is ?????

It could be a common coral or rare music...

pernmagic
04-25-15, 09:36 AM
Diamond x Night ..... 9 hours = celestial Super rare ...... Ok but I have a L8 one already so it's tradable .... No waste really I guess

BiteMe111
04-25-15, 09:56 AM
Infinity!!! Breed diamond and crusader until you get one! Pretty easy as the short fire fails keep you sane! The other fail is crusader which is 44 hours. Infinity is 40 hours so you'll definitely know when you have it. Good luck!

Agh. After about 50 Fire abortions I'm breeding "the other fail". What do people do with a second Crusader, I think those can't be traded for stones, right? Thanks for the idea, though. I'll try again for Infinity... 44 hours from now.

owa411
04-25-15, 09:58 AM
1st official boosted try (light-lotus) resulted in Manticore :)

poss2186
04-25-15, 10:15 AM
General question: looking for any good bred combos to try, I have only been playing for about 3 weeks, and I def can't complain as I have managed to acquire 93 dragons (that # is all my different ones) and 4 diamond dragons in this time, however the last few days it seems like every combo I try is a repeat no matter what. WITH the boosted breeding deal going on I am asking for any suggestions for combos to try to get some new ones this weekend, any help would be appreciated! THANKS! ID: poss2186 :o

LonePudding
04-25-15, 10:32 AM
Agh. After about 50 Fire abortions I'm breeding "the other fail". What do people do with a second Crusader, I think those can't be traded for stones, right? Thanks for the idea, though. I'll try again for Infinity... 44 hours from now.

Ahh I'm so sorry! I feel like I've just wasted 44 hours of your boosted weekend :( I'm so sorry!

LonePudding
04-25-15, 10:34 AM
General question: looking for any good bred combos to try, I have only been playing for about 3 weeks, and I def can't complain as I have managed to acquire 93 dragons (that # is all my different ones) and 4 diamond dragons in this time, however the last few days it seems like every combo I try is a repeat no matter what. WITH the boosted breeding deal going on I am asking for any suggestions for combos to try to get some new ones this weekend, any help would be appreciated! THANKS! ID: poss2186 :o

I was going to say try for some diamond hybrids but you seem to be doing very well in that department! :D It's really just a matter of what you personally want. I would suggest you have a browse through the market. See what dragon really catches your eye. You could try for some new types such as mythic, fairytale, metal, stone etc...

LonePudding
04-25-15, 10:44 AM
I've decided to try for chameleon/diamond prism... Quetzal x Rainbow, 14 hours first try.

Could be a chameleon, mist or patchwork...my toes are crossed...

poss2186
04-25-15, 10:45 AM
I was going to say try for some diamond hybrids but you seem to be doing very well in that department! :D It's really just a matter of what you personally want. I would suggest you have a browse through the market. See what dragon really catches your eye. You could try for some new types such as mythic, fairytale, metal, stone etc...

Ya, I do have 4 diamonds (I attribute that to the diamond temple!) but still no diamond hybrids :( I have been trying for the mythic...still no go there yet, have the fairytale (big bad and Cheshire also) and 2 metals already...don't have any clue how to go about breeding the stone tho LOL! I have been lucky getting some of the new & limited, got the manticore, hippogriff, macaw, holographic, messenger, neon, healer, lunar ram, dark phoenix, smoke, druid, seer etc. BUT besides just randomly going down my list and selecting super rare pairs, I really have no clue what I am doing yet :confused:

BiteMe111
04-25-15, 11:16 AM
Ahh I'm so sorry! I feel like I've just wasted 44 hours of your boosted weekend :( I'm so sorry!

Oh, don't worry, LP. It is a great idea and worth trying also beyond the boosted weekend. Meanwhile, I still have the other den, and in a couple of hours will be throwing Air and Night there, trying for a Leo. I've been trying this one on and off for a few weeks, got lots of commons, Bat, Penumbra, Iridescent and two Socials (one's already stones) so far, maybe the boost will help with a Leo. :)

LonePudding
04-25-15, 02:59 PM
Oh, don't worry, LP. It is a great idea and worth trying also beyond the boosted weekend. Meanwhile, I still have the other den, and in a couple of hours will be throwing Air and Night there, trying for a Leo. I've been trying this one on and off for a few weeks, got lots of commons, Bat, Penumbra, Iridescent and two Socials (one's already stones) so far, maybe the boost will help with a Leo. :)

I'm so glad you have a second den!! I got my Leo first try yesterday with this boost, so I'm sending my luck your way!! I used plain ol' air and night :)

LonePudding
04-25-15, 03:02 PM
Ya, I do have 4 diamonds (I attribute that to the diamond temple!) but still no diamond hybrids :( I have been trying for the mythic...still no go there yet, have the fairytale (big bad and Cheshire also) and 2 metals already...don't have any clue how to go about breeding the stone tho LOL! I have been lucky getting some of the new & limited, got the manticore, hippogriff, macaw, holographic, messenger, neon, healer, lunar ram, dark phoenix, smoke, druid, seer etc. BUT besides just randomly going down my list and selecting super rare pairs, I really have no clue what I am doing yet :confused:

You are doing really well for someone who just started 3 weeks ago!! The 2 easiest diamond hybrids to breed are crusader and quetzal. You can get crusader with fire x diamond & you can get quetzal with forest x diamond. The fails are only 10 and 20 seconds long so you can try many, many times in a day. I still have no mythic, hoping to try for it after (if) I manage to breed chameleon or triple rainbow by Tuesday.

poss2186
04-25-15, 03:23 PM
You are doing really well for someone who just started 3 weeks ago!! The 2 easiest diamond hybrids to breed are crusader and quetzal. You can get crusader with fire x diamond & you can get quetzal with forest x diamond. The fails are only 10 and 20 seconds long so you can try many, many times in a day. I still have no mythic, hoping to try for it after (if) I manage to breed chameleon or triple rainbow by Tuesday.

OK, thanks for the tip! I will start trying for them tonight, next. I still haven't managed to get some of the basic commons, like virtue, but I do those :) Still trying for rainbow! Good luck on mythic if you get it, let me know your combo!

BiteMe111
04-25-15, 03:23 PM
I'm so glad you have a second den!! I got my Leo first try yesterday with this boost, so I'm sending my luck your way!! I used plain ol' air and night :)

Won't be first try. First try is 18 hours. Oh well, I actually didn't have a Trickster yet. Maybe Leo next time. Congratulations on yours!

RorJam
04-25-15, 03:41 PM
Got my second super rare lol the parakeet. Trying to get a fairy but got a 6 hour timer yellow/green anyone know what it could be? I looked it up but it can't be Celtic could it?

ndtrance
04-25-15, 04:06 PM
Got my second super rare lol the parakeet. Trying to get a fairy but got a 6 hour timer yellow/green anyone know what it could be? I looked it up but it can't be Celtic could it?

Should be druid, celtic isn't breedable currently.

RorJam
04-25-15, 04:15 PM
Should be druid, celtic isn't breedable currently.thanks! I just saw/found the thread and Kooky's Egg Chart Ver. 2. Appreciate the help I just switched to this game from fantasy forest story.

Anaboe
04-25-15, 04:44 PM

A second Crusader is great for getting a head start with a new mining-dragon: Evolve it 44 hours before a new mining dragon comes. Then, when you've used your 25 bombs you had already, take it from the nest and get another 11 bombs.

It's also great for arena-fights, tho I have Diamond, Infinity, Gold, Mercury, Quetzal and Crusader, now I don't need my second Gold and second Mercury very rarely.

The first 2 Diamond-hybrids are easy: Diamond with Forest gives Quetzal (or a 20 sec. Forest-fail), Diamond with Fire gives Crusader (or a 10 sec. Fire-fail). Then, breed Diamond with Quetzal for Infinity (or Diamond-fail, or Forest-fail).

And considder yourself very, very lucky: I had been playing for over 1,5-2 years, when I finaly gave in and bought my first Diamond... The Quetzal, Crusader and Infinity I bred through dedication and patience, my Mercury and Gold were "fails" from TeamLava: for a very, very short period the only possible outcome between a certain Olympus dragon and Diamond was Gold, and only outcome between another certain Olympus dragon and Diamond was Mercury. After that, I only once bred a Mercury with the Diamond-temple activated. No other Diamonds have ever come to my island... To me, it feels like I never bred any diamond...

My "luck" so far in this boosted-breeding weekend:
Winter, Iridescent, Patchwork, Life, Fuzzy - all of them I already have.
Now prolly a coral or messenger on the nest (have them both) and a cloud, luck or super on the roost (have them all 2 already).

So not worth 100 gold for activating my breeding roost...

Kennedward
04-25-15, 07:26 PM
Nothing rare at all even with boosted breed being 200 coins now, all I've got are either commons or dragons I already have

MaribouMay
04-25-15, 09:19 PM
So far 3 corals in a row. :-/

droopy123love
04-26-15, 03:08 AM
Boosted breeding is very succesfull I git these in a row; deep, archangel, and now 44 hrs angel in my den!

LonePudding
04-26-15, 03:14 AM
-Double Post-

LonePudding
04-26-15, 03:16 AM
Boosted breeding is very succesfull I git these in a row; deep, archangel, and now 44 hrs angel in my den!

It's very successful for me too, so I try for as many things as possible! What combo did you use??

zyfazix
04-26-15, 03:58 AM
So far I've only seen common dragons. Meh =|

droopy123love
04-26-15, 04:01 AM
DA x snow owl for deep and archangel, then i switched to DA x flower trying for neon but getting 44 hrs breed

PrincessCouture2014
04-26-15, 05:42 AM
I guess I am not using right combination coz I am failing miserably.. I like too many combos
RS x Diamind
RS x Marshmallow
Diamond x pixie
Diamond x twilight
Pixie x goblin
Diamond x diamond

ndtrance
04-26-15, 06:31 AM
I guess I am not using right combination coz I am failing miserably.. I like too many combos
RS x Diamind
RS x Marshmallow
Diamond x pixie
Diamond x twilight
Pixie x goblin
Diamond x diamond

Are you trying to breed for something in particular or are you looking for combos with the most outcomes?? I ask because some of those combos have few outcomes and some have a LOT going on.

poss2186
04-26-15, 07:19 AM
Astromancer x Cosmic = 21 hrs (boosted)...could that be a Leo?

pernmagic
04-26-15, 07:22 AM
At last someone special ..... Diamond x night 14 hours ....... It says night elf ..... Hope it's right

mimiamelia
04-26-15, 07:36 AM
So far the boosted breeding seems to be working for me, using night x soulmate, I got

2 x luck
1 x aether (my first so yay)
1 x blue moon (good for trading)
I might have gotten a coral too, but I can't remember...

but I just can not get ANY black hybrid out of this combo (or any other combo for that matter), even though it probably has one of the least outcomes and most black hybrids.

BiteMe111
04-26-15, 08:03 AM
Blah, so far this boosted breeding isn't bringing me anything interesting. Second try with Air and Night, 10 hours, so either Coral or Music. Either will be aborted from the nest. At least it's a relatively short fail and tonight I'll be able to give it another go for Leo.

PrincessCouture2014
04-26-15, 08:21 AM
Are you trying to breed for something in particular or are you looking for combos with the most outcomes?? I ask because some of those combos have few outcomes and some have a LOT going on.

Mostly I want diamond hybrids n pink hybrids so diamond with pixie n twilight have few n the others have a lot n there r quite a numbers in them which I want or need.

pattons_friends
04-26-15, 08:54 AM
Diamond/diamond got me a big bad, just done the same combo & it got me forest but I got no spare nest, might have to use gold to get rid, although I'm trying to save up for my 3rd nest, how ironic!!!

LonePudding
04-26-15, 09:30 AM
Astromancer x Cosmic = 21 hrs (boosted)...could that be a Leo?

Yeah I think it could be a Leo or Social.

LonePudding
04-26-15, 09:33 AM
DA x snow owl for deep and archangel, then i switched to DA x flower trying for neon but getting 44 hrs breed

Thank you!! I might give black diamond x snow owl a go near the end.

rjazz
04-26-15, 11:01 AM
Anyone know what I might have ? Boosted Moonlight & Scarecrow & got 32 hours according to a breed calculator there are no results for that timing. I'm a relative newbie to DS so I don't know all the dragons/possibilities.

LonePudding
04-26-15, 11:16 AM
Anyone know what I might have ? Boosted Moonlight & Scarecrow & got 32 hours according to a breed calculator there are no results for that timing. I'm a relative newbie to DS so I don't know all the dragons/possibilities.

The only 32 hour dragon I can think of right now is a Titan... Are you sure moonlight & scarecrow was your pair?

Also, if the timer read 32:59:59, you have a virtue dragon which is 33 hours.

rjazz
04-26-15, 12:01 PM
The only 32 hour dragon I can think of right now is a Titan... Are you sure moonlight & scarecrow was your pair?

Also, if the timer read 32:59:59, you have a virtue dragon which is 33 hours.

Maybe it was 33--I kept looking at it because I was having a hard time reading it and I could have missed the 59:59 part. Yes I'm sure about the combo! Much Thanks!

LonePudding
04-26-15, 12:31 PM
Maybe it was 33--I kept looking at it because I was having a hard time reading it and I could have missed the 59:59 part. Yes I'm sure about the combo! Much Thanks!

Anytime! :)

zyfazix
04-26-15, 01:20 PM
31 hours with Brightsteel and Deep. Finally got a moon dragon ^_^ (if only I had that during the Rainbow Sentinel quests)

vshephard96
04-26-15, 03:31 PM
Eh.. Im still on the fence about whether or not to purchase this breeding boost. What are pros and con's.. Anyone?

EmeraldArrow
04-26-15, 03:35 PM
Eh.. Im still on the fence about whether or not to purchase this breeding boost. What are pros and con's.. Anyone?

During the Boosted Breeding Weekend, Boosted Breeding is the Same Price as the Regular Breeding (200 Coins) instead of 12 Gold which is what it usually is. Take Advantage of it while you can, while you can use Coins for it, to Help you Increase your Chances at getting more Rare Dragons!

vshephard96
04-26-15, 04:29 PM
OK..I broke down and bought boosted breeding nest. Already got lovebirds in the nest worth lotus (10) & night (6) someone going to be in my best in 20 hrs. Lol

Anaboe
04-26-15, 05:07 PM
Nope, no luck for me. Atleast, no new dragon.

Winter C - Iridescent R - Coral C - Hypnotic R - Patchwork R - Life C - Fuzzy C - Luck C

Now on the den a Celestial or Smoke and a Eagle/Flower/Pansy/Chameleon/Mist/Patchwork/Leopard/Horizon/Tricorn on the roost (dunno yet, hopefully a Smoke and/or a Horizon, the only ones I don't have, so it's not a total waste of 100 gold).

So far, both 2 times the Diamond Temple, and 2 times the breeding roost didn't bring me any good... If I woudn't have activated it, I could have bought me a 400-gold dragon...

newzealander
04-26-15, 05:10 PM
I'm trying for Big Bad, so used Night and Fairytale, and got an unusual 4 hour egg (turns out it is March Mayhem). Am I using the best combo for Big Bad?

owa411
04-26-15, 05:20 PM
Yeahhh, i think i might take up DA x pansy (don't have flower) combo for a test-drive... Trying so hard for an angel/unicorn but my combo always fails. Thnx 4 the hint ;)

LonePudding
04-26-15, 05:51 PM
I'm trying for Big Bad, so used Night and Fairytale, and got an unusual 4 hour egg (turns out it is March Mayhem). Am I using the best combo for Big Bad?

That is probably as simple as the combo can be, yes!

BiteMe111
04-26-15, 05:59 PM
Blah, so far this boosted breeding isn't bringing me anything interesting. Second try with Air and Night, 10 hours, so either Coral or Music. Either will be aborted from the nest. At least it's a relatively short fail and tonight I'll be able to give it another go for Leo.

And now 9 hours, so another short fail, either another Bat (already have one) or Celestial (don't have). Still no Leo for me.

kimandamelia
04-26-15, 06:01 PM
And this is why I will never, ever waste gold on a boost, 2 Island fails in a row! What a complete waste of a free boost weekend! And my 2nd one was with Astromancer and Divine, out of all the wonderful possible ones I could have got, I get dumb Island!!!!

Kennedward
04-26-15, 06:24 PM
And this is why I will never, ever waste gold on a boost, 2 Island fails in a row! What a complete waste of a free boost weekend! And my 2nd one was with Astromancer and Divine, out of all the wonderful possible ones I could have got, I get dumb Island!!!!

Me 2, I got nothing but common fails

pernmagic
04-26-15, 11:56 PM
Ok I've had some repeats and fails but also have a night elf hatched and Diamond x Kisune 17 hours ? Black swan ......

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 12:04 AM
I got landworm,fuzzy,pixie,mist and rainbow ram with boosted breeding.

sarydactl
04-27-15, 12:32 AM
So far, I've had AMAZING luck with this. I decided to take a break from Archangel/Moon and aim for Macaw or Pinata with Turkey x Mirage. Last time there was boosted breeding, I ONLY received commons for the entire weekend. This time, it's the opposite. So I start off with Elements (I haven't bred one since I've been so busy chasing Moon for the quests). Yay, new dragon! Immediatly followed up by 12 hours. Could this be Macaw...? NOPE, it's Mythic! Awesome, a new type! So I stop my farming/feeding routine and save up enough money to buy a habitat for it. Next one is 10 hours. It's Fairytale! Yay, a new dragon! Well, I have two nests, and for one hour it was clogged because I was waiting for habitats to finish...still, could have been worse. And guess who was waiting in the nest? NONE OTHER THAN MACAW. So I drop Turkey x Mirage because I want to test my luck on my main combo (Smoke and Soulmate) and hopefully get Archangel or Moon. I AM NOW WAITING ON MOON TO GO TO THE NEST. I'M FEELING LUCKY, SOMEONE PINCH ME, FIVE NEW DRAGONS IN A ROW. Hopefully I can fit in two more breeds before the weekend's over. I'll only get one breed if I get another Moon, Penumbra, Luck, or Air though...it would be awesome to hit Hippogriff or Messenger as a fail, at least. And I'm still waiting on my first diamond...level 100 ; v; . Please lucky streak, don't end.

I seriously thought boosted breeding did nothing/was a rip off until this weekend. From maybe a dozen tries, I received an equal amount of commons...and I used actual gold on it three times. Maybe they changed the algorithm, or maybe I'm just lucky this time around c: !

jeroen1975
04-27-15, 12:37 AM
Wohoo! Got myself medusa mythic x familiar

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 01:24 AM
Now I don't know what should I do? Should I choose one combo with minimum fails and one or two dragons I want as result or a combo with many fails and many dragons I want as a result? I want too many to count on finger tips and can't decide what I should do?

The new breeding combo time is 8 hrs with RS n diamond and I am not even checking what I m gng to get. I will find out tomorrow I guess as I will have to wait for my new mist to hatch. My luck always sucks in DS n sometimes I am OK with it but at times I feel so frustrated. I have seen many players getting good dragons even at lower levels way too lower levels than mine but its only me who never gets a new release or going to be expired dragons. I have luck only with pink hybrids(sometimes).

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 01:26 AM
So far, I've had AMAZING luck with this. I decided to take a break from Archangel/Moon and aim for Macaw or Pinata with Turkey x Mirage. Last time there was boosted breeding, I ONLY received commons for the entire weekend. This time, it's the opposite. So I start off with Elements (I haven't bred one since I've been so busy chasing Moon for the quests). Yay, new dragon! Immediatly followed up by 12 hours. Could this be Macaw...? NOPE, it's Mythic! Awesome, a new type! So I stop my farming/feeding routine and save up enough money to buy a habitat for it. Next one is 10 hours. It's Fairytale! Yay, a new dragon! Well, I have two nests, and for one hour it was clogged because I was waiting for habitats to finish...still, could have been worse. And guess who was waiting in the nest? NONE OTHER THAN MACAW. So I drop Turkey x Mirage because I want to test my luck on my main combo (Smoke and Soulmate) and hopefully get Archangel or Moon. I AM NOW WAITING ON MOON TO GO TO THE NEST. I'M FEELING LUCKY, SOMEONE PINCH ME, FIVE NEW DRAGONS IN A ROW. Hopefully I can fit in two more breeds before the weekend's over. I'll only get one breed if I get another Moon, Penumbra, Luck, or Air though...it would be awesome to hit Hippogriff or Messenger as a fail, at least. And I'm still waiting on my first diamond...level 100 ; v; . Please lucky streak, don't end.

I seriously thought boosted breeding did nothing/was a rip off until this weekend. From maybe a dozen tries, I received an equal amount of commons...and I used actual gold on it three times. Maybe they changed the algorithm, or maybe I'm just lucky this time around c: !

Congratulations to you. Indeed this boost breeding resulted totally in ur fav.

sarydactl
04-27-15, 03:26 AM
Now I don't know what should I do? Should I choose one combo with minimum fails and one or two dragons I want as result or a combo with many fails and many dragons I want as a result? I want too many to count on finger tips and can't decide what I should do?

The new breeding combo time is 8 hrs with RS n diamond and I am not even checking what I m gng to get. I will find out tomorrow I guess as I will have to wait for my new mist to hatch. My luck always sucks in DS n sometimes I am OK with it but at times I feel so frustrated. I have seen many players getting good dragons even at lower levels way too lower levels than mine but its only me who never gets a new release or going to be expired dragons. I have luck only with pink hybrids(sometimes).

If it makes you feel better, I've been attempting Archangel/Moon since the quest system released for android (I want to say that was in January)...I'm level 101 now, still no diamond or archangel, and only JUST got moon after this boosted breeding session. I would recommend either going for 3-type dragons or going for split-type (pink or mythic or black type, etc) hybrids. I feel like boosted breeding is now adding an 'extra' color to the pool more often, which results in types not splitting and three-color hybrids more often. So, if you want any of those in particular, they might be good to go for.

BiteMe111
04-27-15, 03:41 AM
And now 9 hours, so another short fail, either another Bat (already have one) or Celestial (don't have). Still no Leo for me.

Celestial. Not what I was aiming for but at least the first decent result. Now a 14 hour fail. Could be Patchwork or Tricorn but is probably another Mist, as I am yet to have 14 hours signify anything else but a Mist. The boost is till tomorrow (Tuesday), right? If so, I'll still have one more shot at Leo.

zyfazix
04-27-15, 04:37 AM
Celestial. Not what I was aiming for but at least the first decent result. Now a 14 hour fail. Could be Patchwork or Tricorn but is probably another Mist, as I am yet to have 14 hours signify anything else but a Mist. The boost is till tomorrow (Tuesday), right? If so, I'll still have one more shot at Leo.

It'll probably end around the same time as Spin to win and the package deal. Just under 30 hours left

ndtrance
04-27-15, 06:03 AM

Do you have another fairytale or Cheshire? It would be even simpler to breed fairytale x fairytale or fairytale x cheshire. Otherwise night x fairytale is the way to go.

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 07:06 AM
If it makes you feel better, I've been attempting Archangel/Moon since the quest system released for android (I want to say that was in January)...I'm level 101 now, still no diamond or archangel, and only JUST got moon after this boosted breeding session. I would recommend either going for 3-type dragons or going for split-type (pink or mythic or black type, etc) hybrids. I feel like boosted breeding is now adding an 'extra' color to the pool more often, which results in types not splitting and three-color hybrids more often. So, if you want any of those in particular, they might be good to go for.

I didn't mea it like that it was just momentarily frustration and more on games n myself coz I feel that I am not using good combo. I wish u get Archangel soon.

lauraleighashby
04-27-15, 07:14 AM
How did I end up with a winter dragon when I mated only black and white....no blue whatsoever?

zyfazix
04-27-15, 07:55 AM
How did I end up with a winter dragon when I mated only black and white....no blue whatsoever?

Black can split into purple and blue

lauraleighashby
04-27-15, 07:59 AM
Oh...seemsvpointless then to try for certain combos...just randomly put two together and get anything?

Kennedward
04-27-15, 08:04 AM
Yet another common fail today, it seems I got nothing good out of it, so the lesson here is: never pay gold for boosted breed

BiteMe111
04-27-15, 08:14 AM
Meanwhile, while I'm waiting to have one more try for Leo on one of the dens, my second Crusader finally finished breeding on the other, so I could give Infinity another try. After about an hour (and I'm not exaggerating) of aborting Fires, I did get the 40 hour timer, so thank you for the advice, LP, looks like I'm getting my Infinity. :)

poss2186
04-27-15, 09:09 AM
Have managed to get a couple new dragons from this boosted breeding :) but still can't get the right combo for mythic, moon or kitsune...any suggestions?? :rolleyes:

Tinkerbel48
04-27-15, 09:47 AM
Have managed to get a couple new dragons from this boosted breeding :) but still can't get the right combo for mythic, moon or kitsune...any suggestions?? :rolleyes:

Do you have a Virtue dragon? Virtue and diamond have been spitting out Kitsunes like crazy during the boost for me, had to abort at least 7 if not more.

LonePudding
04-27-15, 10:02 AM

I got my moon trying for mask with virtue x night. Got my kitsune with justice x fire and I'm currently trying for a mythic...and failing :(

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 10:28 AM
Boosted or not going to try my luck with diamond and land worm. First outcome is 3 hrs n we know what it is. He is heading straight to trade shop after hatching. In fact both my genie and life will go there.

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 10:29 AM
Do you have a Virtue dragon? Virtue and diamond have been spitting out Kitsunes like crazy during the boost for me, had to abort at least 7 if not more.

For me it didn't

pernmagic
04-27-15, 10:29 AM
At last I ? Think ..... Diamond x Fire = 44 hrs ......? Crusader ..... Will tie up the den but I've tried for this for soooo long

poss2186
04-27-15, 10:48 AM

yes, Virtue is one of the new ones I have acquired...i'll give it a go! Thanks :)

poss2186
04-27-15, 10:49 AM
For me it didn't

:( well the diamond hybrids you suggested for me, worked! I did manage a crusader and quetzal this weekend, thanks again!

poss2186
04-27-15, 10:51 AM
I got my moon trying for mask with virtue x night. Got my kitsune with justice x fire and I'm currently trying for a mythic...and failing :(

ok thanks! do have virtue and night, so I can try that, don't have justice yet :(

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 12:29 PM
After almost 6 life fails I changed my combo to good witch n marshmallow. I m **** sure a common or a dragon I already have.

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 12:39 PM
After almost 6 life fails I changed my combo to good witch n marshmallow. I m **** sure a common or a dragon I already have.

So after spending 40 gold I got my first new dragon Mascaw resting in nest.
Goodwitch x marshmallow 17 hrs what it could be? Luck, super or cloud have them all

amerirish
04-27-15, 12:41 PM
I'm really liking the free boosted breeding and hope they do this more often. I got a second Crusader and a Chameleon :)

meoconlunar
04-27-15, 12:58 PM
common, only common

Kennedward
04-27-15, 01:56 PM
common, only common

Me too, it's so frustrating

kimandamelia
04-27-15, 02:55 PM
Me too, it's so frustrating

I know it is terrible, but it makes me feel a tiny bit better that I am not the only one having such awful luck. Why can't they eliminate commons for the gold purchased boosts?

PrincessCouture2014
04-27-15, 03:00 PM
Well guys I am too in ur lot coz I got my first different dragon after spending 40 gold. If I had waited for social n then genie and then back to back 6 lives to breed n hatch at their proper time then I wouldnt have gotten it

BiteMe111
04-27-15, 05:52 PM
Will still have one more shot on one of the dens, but here's my Boosted weekend so far:

Den 1, Diamond and Crusader, trying for Infinity:
Fire x about 50
Crusader
Fire x about 100
Infinity

Den 2, Air and Night, trying for Leo:
Trickster
Coral
Celestial
Mist
8 hours (not holding my breath for anything but a Genie)
Will have one more try tomorrow.

sarydactl
04-27-15, 07:07 PM
Well, Wizard Dragon ****ed my new dragon streak, and it's the last chance I had to use boosted breeding. I should have known better than to go back to black/white/blue/purple during the event. I'll get archangel...once I've bred the Atlantis Dragon. I was so preoccupied going for Moon that I never got Atlantis, which means I never had a chance with Rainbow Sentinel ,v _v . My next combo is going to be Smoke/Island, for Archangel, Hunter, Atlantis, Serpent, and a bunch of other goodies I've never chased after. After going through Wizard and Penumbra so many times, Island and Poison fails will be a nice change x _x .

All in all, I stand corrected about whether or not boosted breeding works. This weekend was super lucky and I got some new dragons for the first time in ages. It reminds me of the first few weeks I played. On to Atlantis!

bookadey
04-27-15, 09:14 PM
I've been really happy with my breeding results: New- Tropic, Fairytale, Golem and Tiny. I did get a few duplicates - Trickster, Macaw, Love, 2 Magic and Paradise. I think all of the dupes are fails from trying for Twilight. I'm 'Twilight Woods' and can't breed a Twilight!! ;) lol - Still trying - last chance for boost tonight.

Partly my fault because I kept forgetting to hit the top boost option and hit the regular breed button half the time from habit! Oopsy!

I also gave in and bought my first Diamond (Astromancer) in the value pack offered. I haven't had any luck trying to breed one yet.

Annica5
04-28-15, 01:04 AM
This has been by far the luckiest boost weekend for me! Clown, Pi?ata, Oracle, Balloon, Fates and Crownprince that I didn't have plus some duplicates! The common fails were Love, Life or Hercules, lovely short fails :) I took the advice in this thread and activated the breeding roost, certainly paid off!

ndtrance
04-28-15, 06:17 AM
Well boosted breed this time around has only given me balloon for a newbie. Got landworms and lifes at first and now got three island fails on nests, and a justice being bred on the den.

amerirish
04-28-15, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know if the boosted breeding for coins ends at the usual 1:00-1:30 PM (EST)?

Kennedward
04-28-15, 06:36 AM
I know it is terrible, but it makes me feel a tiny bit better that I am not the only one having such awful luck. Why can't they eliminate commons for the gold purchased boosts?

It still all up to luck when we use boosted breed, I see some players saying they got a rare or new dragon using it, but I never got anything

ndtrance
04-28-15, 06:37 AM
Does anyone know if the boosted breeding for coins ends at the usual 1:00-1:30 PM (EST)?

Yup :(

vshephard96
04-28-15, 06:45 AM
I've been really happy with my breeding results: New- Tropic, Fairytale, Golem and Tiny. I did get a few duplicates - Trickster, Macaw, Love, 2 Magic and Paradise. I think all of the dupes are fails from trying for Twilight. I'm 'Twilight Woods' and can't breed a Twilight!! ;) lol - Still trying - last chance for boost tonight.

Partly my fault because I kept forgetting to hit the top boost option and hit the regular breed button half the time from habit! Oopsy!

I also gave in and bought my first Diamond (Astromancer) in the value pack offered. I haven't had any luck trying to breed one yet.

What did you need for your fairy tale?

andromedablack
04-28-15, 06:54 AM
The only rare dragons I got was red rose and pixie which I already have them but in my friend's account I use when he can't play I got an Angel.

PrincessCouture2014
04-28-15, 07:36 AM
It still all up to luck when we use boosted breed, I see some players say they got a rare or new dragon using it, but I never got anything

Well if I don't see on me getting mascaw by chance(I can't seem to ignore the fact that I had spend 40 gold on fast breeding n hatching which resulted in Mascaw coz it seemed to happen in past too when I get my virus, pixie,lacewing and goblin. Whenever I spend some money I always get some good dragons) all I get were 6 life, genie, mist, landworm,luck, lacewing,light from boosted breeding.

Kennedward
04-28-15, 07:38 AM
The only rare dragons I got was red rose and pixie which I already have them but in my friend's account I use when he can't play I got an Angel.

At least you got a rare dragon, all I got were common dragons

PrincessCouture2014
04-28-15, 07:39 AM

A confirm combo is fairy and music.

Kennedward
04-28-15, 07:42 AM
Well if I don't see on me getting mascaw by chance(I can't seem to ignore the fact that I had spend 40 gold on fast breeding n hatching which resulted in Mascaw coz it seemed to happen in past too when I get my virus, pixie,lacewing and goblin. Whenever I spend some money I always get some good dragons) all I get were 6 life, genie, mist, landworm,luck, lacewing,light from boosted breeding.

Yea it's mostly luck, I'm one of the few unlucky ones who got all commons

PrincessCouture2014
04-28-15, 07:43 AM

My fingers for others r very lucky too. My sister started DS before me and when her tablet was working fine she used to ask me to put dragon for breeding and it always ended up into very good dragons like mythical,virtue etx

PrincessCouture2014
04-28-15, 07:46 AM
Yea it's mostly luck, I'm one of the few unlucky ones who got all commons

I wish u get good dragons soon

amerirish
04-28-15, 07:50 AM
Just sped up Astromancer & Mythic (got a Charm, boooo!) then put Cosmic & Astromancer in the nest. Am now breeding an Eclipse!!! Yay :D

LonePudding
04-28-15, 08:01 AM
Just sped up Astromancer & Mythic (got a Charm, boooo!) then put them back in the nest. Am now breeding an Eclipse!!! Yay :D

How did you get an eclipse from that??

amerirish
04-28-15, 08:06 AM
How did you get an eclipse from that??

Sorry, just edited my post (stupid me!) - It was Cosmic & Astromancer :o which makes much more sense!

inesat
04-28-15, 08:43 AM
First time using boosted breeding, didn't work for me at all. Got nothing. At least it was free.

bookadey
04-28-15, 08:49 AM

Sorry, I didn't track my breeding pairs for Fairytale. Since Fairytale is from yellow/green combo - I think I just threw in a 4 color combo to try for a diamond to give Origami and Plasma a chance to rest from trying for a Twilight. ;)

LonePudding
04-28-15, 09:25 AM
Sorry, just edited my post (stupid me!) - It was Cosmic & Astromancer :o which makes much more sense!

Ohhh...Congrats!!! I think eclipse is definitely the prettiest of the three cosmics.

amerirish
04-28-15, 09:38 AM
Ohhh...Congrats!!! I think eclipse is definitely the prettiest of the three cosmics.

Aww, thanks! I think he's the coolest one too :D

Passera
04-28-15, 09:40 AM
Another busted breeding weekend done. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all! Congrats to all who got new dragons!

ghostiemom
04-28-15, 10:45 AM
Well for the first time, I got a couple new dragons from boosted breed--Justice and Messenger. I also got Clown but I can't count it 'cause it's so ugly :p.

amerirish
04-28-15, 10:55 AM
Well for the first time, I got a couple new dragons from boosted breed--Justice and Messenger. I also got Clown but I can't count it 'cause it's so ugly :p.

Aww, he's not ugly when he's all grown up! I have one in my other account (on Kindle) and I love his silly face :p

RorJam
04-28-15, 11:21 AM
Not bad for me I guess but hard to judge seeing as I'm a monthish new to the game. magic, Parakeet, Druid, Peacock, Coral, Coral, I think I got a Rainbow on the nest but going to wait the full time. Compared to my second account on my phone my main account was a lot better. Second account didn't get any super rares. Island, magic, magic, thought I picked a different element instead of water for the second magic. :( , butterfly, butterfly.

Annica5
04-28-15, 11:21 AM
Aww, he's not ugly when he's all grown up! I have one in my other account (on Kindle) and I love his silly face :p

I was thinking of keeping him as a baby, I think he's adorable :)

freshfunin2008
04-28-15, 11:38 AM
Well this was a complete flop for me. Beware not to press the button once it goes back to 12 gold. I got nothing to write home to Mom about using boosted breeding. My 1st attempt with no boost and I put night and diamond together and I am getting Mercury. Yeah for me.

meoconlunar
04-28-15, 11:58 AM
When I saw the pop up of another free boost breed, I reactived another breeding den and after some trying I got NEVER ENDING (what i had tried for so long-----). But after that, I had nothing with TWO breeding den. I dunno if this time of free boost breeding is successful or not.

Anaboe
04-28-15, 12:20 PM
Lol, ok, I got 2 new rares from the boosted breeding (smoke and manticore), but, the first pair I put on the nest after the boosted breeding was finished, gave me a Gold dragon (diamond-hybrid of 44 hours). But, since I already have a Gold, I'm not that excited. I have only bred 2 diamonds ever (not counting the easy-diamonds, like Quetzal, Crusader and Infinity), but both were ones I already had, so that's a bit dissapointing.

Good for mining, but not so happy while there's a tournament and this keeps my Diamond dragon busy for the next 44 hours...

Fails this boosted breeding: Winter, Winter, Iridescent, Coral, Hypnotic, Patchwork, Life, Fuzzy, Luck and Luck.

Bit okay-ish :)

B6x9js
04-28-15, 02:11 PM
Not a bad weekend got four new dragons a Cactus, a Penumbra, a Parakeet, and a Cosmic which will be sitting on nest until I get room for its habitat!

Kennedward
04-29-15, 06:43 AM
I wish u get good dragons soon

Thanks but nothing but common dragons for me

PrincessCouture2014
04-29-15, 07:04 AM
Thanks but nothing but common dragons for me

Well I am still on the same boat too only commons and that too of more than 10 hrs breeding time

Kennedward
04-29-15, 07:17 AM
Well I am still on the same boat too only commons and that too of more than 10 hrs breeding time

Well at least I know someone's with me, rather than seeing those who keeps saying they got something good

alexis_42
05-10-15, 12:37 PM
I'm a relative newbie, does anyone know about how often boosted breeding weekends are offered?

Kennedward
05-11-15, 07:13 AM
I'm a relative newbie, does anyone know about how often boosted breeding weekends are offered?

It really varies, usually a few months in between, but don't expect much as the result really varies between players as well