PDA

View Full Version : Attention Team Lava !!

EviBrooklyn
04-22-15, 07:51 AM
Is there anyway you could give a sale for everyone, like you did with Dragon Story last week or last thanksgiving?
Some of us haven't had any of the daily gem sale you give randomly and it seems that if you would be kind enough to release a sale for everyone, some of us that are left out of daily sales can take advantage
A response to this issue will be much appreciated !!!
Moderators, please don't advise us on contacted support team as this was done before and they forwarded the issue to the development team...

Thank you !!

ArcadiaTofu
04-22-15, 12:38 PM
Is there anyway you could give a sale for everyone, like you did with Dragon Story last week or last thanksgiving?
Some of us haven't had any of the daily gem sale you give randomly and it seems that if you would be kind enough to release a sale for everyone, some of us that are left out of daily sales can take advantage
A response to this issue will be much appreciated !!!
Moderators, please don't advise us on contacted support team as this was done before and they forwarded the issue to the development team...

Thank you !!
I do think it's quite unfair that you and many others are left out of weekly sales :\

If TL were a grocery store promoting all of its products on sale for 40% off, the grocery store wouldn't say, "Hey, everyone can take advantage of this sale... except (while looking around at random people in the store) you, you and you, 'just because'." Call me crazy, but if ANY store did that there'd be a mass protest against the offending store to close it down forever. People crave equality and while TL might not allow EVERYONE to have a sale at the same time during the week (like a grocery store would), most of the users still get a sale in the end... except those that DON'T... for reasons unknown to everyone. It *would* be fair if everyone, including those like Evi, got a sale once a week in the end. But they don't, and that confuses the crud out of me and many other users.

I mean, is there some reason that some people don't get sales, much like how some people aren't offered credit cards because of bad credit? Could some people not be offered sales because they have *good* credit, so to speak, and more likely to spend money without sales? I know that you're a whale, Evi, so are the whales of the game not being offered sales in hopes TL will get more money out of whales? >.<

Speculation, again, but why make it so most of the populous of FFS get gem sales, but a select few do not? I'd really like to hear TL's reasoning on this issue, as well, since it doesn't make a bit of sense other than alienating users that would have been loyal spenders...

(...And using the 'it's all random' response just doesn't compute with users because what business ever uses that excuse to justify why some users will get sales but others will not? Isn't there supposed to be a reason for why some people get good offers in life, and some do not? Like good/bad credit, or close/distant relationship with an employee, etc.? Otherwise TL is operating their sales like a lottery, right? :|)

Hang in there, hun!

chippychan
04-22-15, 01:29 PM
I second the request for a sale (similar to the recent DS gold sale).

I've said it before but I'll say it again; I get sales regularly on my iphone but have NEVER gotten one on my ipad. Is it because of the device? Does *anyone* with an ipad get regular gem sales?

ninasidstorm8
04-22-15, 01:41 PM
I second the request for a sale (similar to the recent DS gold sale).

I've said it before but I'll say it again; I get sales regularly on my iphone but have NEVER gotten one on my ipad. Is it because of the device? Does *anyone* with an ipad get regular gem sales?

I use an iPad mini and I have a 20% off gem sale right now. Typically I receive one every week or two for the past few months.

rjazz
04-22-15, 02:06 PM
I too have an ipad mini-I get sales.

Evi-I hope they have the decency to answer you.

EviBrooklyn
04-22-15, 05:56 PM
I hope so too RJazz
Arcadia, I haven't bought any gems since 2/26/15 when they started the random sales. All I have to spend are my daily gift gems and i don't plan to buy gems unless they will give me a sale !!
If they could have the decency to respond to this request, that will be awesome
If not, so be it... I log on a few times a day just for a few seconds, to collect food and so on
Rare do I visit my neighbors or the forum
I got money sitting on my iTunes account but I really don't feel buying gems at full price
Oh well, oh well there's nothing more I can say that hasn't been said before ... Other than I truly don't get TL's strategy on keeping their customers.

chippychan
04-23-15, 07:03 AM
So ipad minis seem to get sales. Thank for the replies!

I don't have a 'mini', my ipad is one of the larger old ones, a 64 gig regular iPad (Model: A1430), I think it's from 2012.

@ EviBrooklyn, what device do you use for this game? Just out of curiosity. :)

ArcadiaTofu
04-23-15, 09:20 AM
I have an iPad mini w/retina display, an iPod touch (pretty old one) that gets sales, and my mom's iPad Air (2014 model) gets sales.

Hope that helps, though somehow I doubt sales only go out to certain types of iPads. That just doesn't make sense since it wouldn't be *that* hard to code sales on different types of iPads... >.< So, I don't think that's the culprit.

EviBrooklyn
04-23-15, 09:58 AM
It has nothing to do with your device. I use I phone6 and have the game on iPad air also and I didn't get any sale at any of my devices

chippychan
04-23-15, 10:01 AM
I have an iPad mini w/retina display, an iPod touch (pretty old one) that gets sales, and my mom's iPad Air (2014 model) gets sales.

Hope that helps, though somehow I doubt sales only go out to certain types of iPads. That just doesn't make sense since it wouldn't be *that* hard to code sales on different types of iPads... >.< So, I don't think that's the culprit.

Yeah, I guess trying to find rhyme or reason in something that just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason is a little pointless. :rolleyes:

It just boggles my mind though. I play both FFS and DS and neither gets sales on the ipad. Meanwhile my phone accounts get them almost daily.

readysetgo888
04-23-15, 10:02 AM
I think at first they were singling out the biggest spenders to not get sales, but they seemed to let up on that within a week or so.... I feel like several of our big spenders reported that they had gotten at least one sale.

Though, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if people regularly spend a lot of money on gems when they aren't on sale have accounts that are programmed to get less sales (if not none like Evi). This, like so many other things that TL has done, is sickening, but totally expected. They are relying on the fact that many of their players never read the forums to make this work. Unlike going to the store, if you play this game in isolation, you can easily not realize that other people are being offered sales when you aren't. And I'm sure there are many players that are big spenders that aren't getting sales, but still happily buying away because they haven't seen the forum realized what's going on. What a deceitful and unnecessary way to make money, TL. And if this isn't what's going on, prove it by giving EVERY player a sale. We know you can do it.

TokiChunsa
04-24-15, 05:25 AM
Maybe they target ppl who haven't bought gems before, or at least more often. I'm using an iPad and there's a sale for me right now.

Monkeh2369
04-24-15, 09:22 AM
Maybe they target ppl who haven't bought gems before, or at least more often

That makes sense. I have got my 2nd gem sale in 3 days and I don't buy that often.

keller63
04-24-15, 04:41 PM
I've had a lot of sales come up but I've bought a gem pack once. My biggest spending is on those 'not so value packs'

ArcadiaTofu
04-24-15, 05:04 PM
That doesn't make sense to me, guys, because I buy gems on sale every now and again (like, once every two/three weeks) and I get regular sales.

My Ipod touch that I only use to send gems gets sales regularly as well and I NEVER ONCE have bought gems off of that one. I don't think they're targeting those that have or have never bought gems, to be honest. Maybe if someone opened a new account and kept track of it we might get better insight on if new users that are just signing up are being omitted or not, but that would require 20+ players opening up new accounts to get any accurate data.

What seems more likely (to me, at least) is that some users are not getting any sales if they spend on gems much more frequently (like Evi who is a whale). Perhaps they're targeting most of the whales but are adding in a few 'random' users that don't spend at all or very much as cover when targeting whales. Deniability and all that.

... But, again, this is all speculation. We won't know for sure until TL officially responds to this thread explaining why a good chunk of users aren't getting sales at all or very often and what the justification for that is. Let's just hope it's not another response amounting to: "We're looking into it, but for now sales are all based on random selection, etc." The better question should be: Why the heck are sale offers even random in the first place if FFS isn't advertised as a lottery?

I don't think anyone's asked that question or gotten a response to it as of yet.

EviBrooklyn
04-24-15, 11:41 PM
That doesn't make sense to me, guys, because I buy gems on sale every now and again (like, once every two/three weeks) and I get regular sales.

My Ipod touch that I only use to send gems gets sales regularly as well and I NEVER ONCE have bought gems off of that one. I don't think they're targeting those that have or have never bought gems, to be honest. Maybe if someone opened a new account and kept track of it we might get better insight on if new users that are just signing up are being omitted or not, but that would require 20+ players opening up new accounts to get any accurate data.

What seems more likely (to me, at least) is that some users are not getting any sales if they spend on gems much more frequently (like Evi who is a whale). Perhaps they're targeting most of the whales but are adding in a few 'random' users that don't spend at all or very much as cover when targeting whales. Deniability and all that.

... But, again, this is all speculation. We won't know for sure until TL officially responds to this thread explaining why a good chunk of users aren't getting sales at all or very often and what the justification for that is. Let's just hope it's not another response amounting to: "We're looking into it, but for now sales are all based on random selection, etc." The better question should be: Why the heck are sale offers even random in the first place if FFS isn't advertised as a lottery?

I don't think anyone's asked that question or gotten a response to it as of yet.

Seriously, when can we have a response from TL ??????

dawntilldusk25
04-25-15, 10:07 PM
I have played this game since it started, I never had a sale....until....very recently! I'd say within the last three weeks, and I did buy a small package of gems. And now I have another sale. I never would have bought unless there was a sale. So I was waiting patiently.
On DS I have a sale twice a week, as well as castle story.

zenobia42
04-26-15, 08:21 AM
I have played this game since it started, I never had a sale....until....very recently! I'd say within the last three weeks, and I did buy a small package of gems. And now I have another sale. I never would have bought unless there was a sale. So I was waiting patiently.
On DS I have a sale twice a week, as well as castle story.

They only began the sales in FFS two months ago. From when the game was released last July, until the end of this February, they did not have any random sales. So it's only possible to have gotten them recently.

Since they began the sales, I get one on average once a week. I bought from the sale early on. Before that, I had not bought gems in a few months. And lo and behold, suddenly in the last 38 days I have only been able to breed one single new animal. It's as though the game has a tag in the code for whether one has recently purchased gems and if so, the odds of breeding anything new are significantly less... as though the game says "you have gems - so if you want the animal, you must spend them all - you are not allowed to hold onto them for a rainy day." It could just be perception, but 38 days is a LONG time for someone breeding on average 3-4 times a day to come up with only ONE new animal. That is incredibly bad luck - "incredible" literally meaning not credible. And the last bad "luck" streak I had was also when I had recently bought gems I was trying to conserve.

I guess I might as well just blow the gems I as conserving as my last hurrah for this game. If they earn me the space collection, maybe I'll keep playing. But I just really, really, really dislike being so manipulated.

Xylenia
04-26-15, 12:03 PM
I mentioned in another thread about gem sales that I have 2 accounts and played each one the same way. One is on my iPad and one is on my iPhone. When I would buy gems, I would buy them for both. I've been playing since the first week in Aug and though I don't have a lot of ultras, I do have a unicorn on both and a citrine on the one that never gets gem sales. I have most of the animals - got all of the event ones, tournament ones and until the Palmeranian all of the limited ones on both. I also have bought the Toucan and Golden Retriever for both accounts. So I can't really figure out why one account gets several sales every week and the other one never gets them. I even switched the accounts between the devices and nothing changed.

But I will say that I've decided to stop playing the account that never gets a sale - even though it has a citrine. I am that frustrated. I'm just going to install the one account on both devices.

So, TeamLava, I can't figure out your business model because there is no discernible logic to it - you're setting yourself up to lose sales and customers. But I guess I'll be saving some money in the future.