PDA

View Full Version : Really???

OldTimer63
04-21-15, 12:42 PM
After a lot of selling and delivering I finally scraped together enough $ to buy the mine. Have to wait 23 hours for the repairs to finish and now that I am trying to rebuild my $ reserves, every delivery either asks for ore or a ring.........REALLY?????? Who thinks up this stuff?

PookieBear50
04-21-15, 12:49 PM
This is usually the way things happen. You may not have noticed before, but the moment new crops and recipes and buildings are unlocked, the delivery orders begin to include them. This will happen when you expand to the Herb Garden, to the Alpaca, to the Water Garden, etc.

Just discard those orders and wait for new ones to replace them. I would suggest discarding the orders that require the Jewelsmith to make them (rings, etc.) and keep the ones that only ask for ore, silver, etc. The other orders will eventually be replaced by those asking for non-Mine items, and now that you have access to the Mine, there will (hopefully) be an increase in the number of picks and shovels received from orders.

queentina3
04-21-15, 12:57 PM
You'll also find that once you reach a level to have a machine, if you don't have the money to purchase it yet, the orders for the plane/train will start to include them even if you don't have the machine to make them. When that happens I just discard them too. I was a good 6 levels above what I needed to be before I got the jelly maker and a few above for the sauce maker, but I was getting constant orders for them. I just couldn't afford them until recently.

Also, as an FYI, you'll make cash faster by avoiding doing plane deliveries. I was able to purchase the jelly machine, candle maker, sauce maker, and 3 more feed mills by NOT doing plane orders and just selling in my market - and that's been over the past month or so. Before that, I could barely scrape $15k together. You may want to consider it. The only plane deliveries I do now are the ones for crops, as I can make that back quickly and easily enough, or for items that I can't sell right now as all my neighbors are selling them and I want to get rid of excess stock. Otherwise I ignore it altogether. The amount of money you get is atrocious and the drop rate is equally as bad - from the plane.

OldTimer63
04-21-15, 01:10 PM
Queentina, I understand about the deliveries, I still make them in hopes of a paper drop. In order to raise enough$ for the mine I pretty much emptied my warehouse of all the easy profit items and all I have left to sell are crops which I sell at below market but they still don't move quickly enough to make any money. 5 slots of crops are slow movers no matter what. Still making the moneymakers as quickly as I can but it is a slow process.

$15K would be heaven! I haven't made it to $10K
yet, usually only have $2-4K on hand.

PookieBear50
04-21-15, 02:07 PM
You'll also find that once you reach a level to have a machine, if you don't have the money to purchase it yet, the orders for the plane/train will start to include them even if you don't have the machine to make them. When that happens I just discard them too. I was a good 6 levels above what I needed to be before I got the jelly maker and a few above for the sauce maker, but I was getting constant orders for them. I just couldn't afford them until recently.

Also, as an FYI, you'll make cash faster by avoiding doing plane deliveries. I was able to purchase the jelly machine, candle maker, sauce maker, and 3 more feed mills by NOT doing plane orders and just selling in my market - and that's been over the past month or so. Before that, I could barely scrape $15k together. You may want to consider it. The only plane deliveries I do now are the ones for crops, as I can make that back quickly and easily enough, or for items that I can't sell right now as all my neighbors are selling them and I want to get rid of excess stock. Otherwise I ignore it altogether. The amount of money you get is atrocious and the drop rate is equally as bad - from the plane.

Although it IS true that you don't make as much from deliveries as from selling in your Side Shop, you also don't get any stars (exp) to advance you to the next level. With deliveries, you receive not only the stars from harvesting or collecting from your farm and from crafting the items, but also whatever is paid for with the delivery. And with higher experience comes the opportunity (sometimes) for buying more plots and new crops, etc.

It all depends on what your goals are at the time. I'm not in any particular rush, so I usually do both deliveries and Side Shop sales, but if the focus is on coins, then the Side Shop is definitely the way to go. But if you're after stars, then concentrate on deliveries whenever possible.

Queentina, I understand about the deliveries, I still make them in hopes of a paper drop. In order to raise enough$ for the mine I pretty much emptied my warehouse of all the easy profit items and all I have left to sell are crops which I sell at below market but they still don't move quickly enough to make any money. 5 slots of crops are slow movers no matter what. Still making the moneymakers as quickly as I can but it is a slow process.

$15K would be heaven! I haven't made it to $10K
yet, usually only have $2-4K on hand.

It is a slow process, and in honesty, I would suggest that you NOT purchase very much from the newspaper (except expansion papers and other parts). Sell the wool as soon as you get it; that always seems to sell quickly whenever I put it in my Side Shop (I don't go beyond 5 for that). Most other items I sell in lots of 2 (Biscuit, Cornbread, French Fries, Fried Egg...these all seem to vanish almost as soon as I put them out). I do crops in orders of 5; you're right that they take longer, but it all depends on what people need at that moment. Sometimes crops linger in my Side Shop, and sometimes they vanish almost as quickly as the crafted goods.

I'd suggest expanding your Side Shop to at least 7 slots (I know others say do the full 12 ASAP, but I personally would hate scrolling back and forth to check and see what has sold and what hasn't). Then you can put up a few more items at a time. Although some players only buy what they see in the newspaper, others will buy what was advertised, then go to your farm to see if you have anything else they can use. And of course, your neighbors will also be able to see everything you're offering. So, even if one player is only interested in getting the Wool, they may go to your farm and see some crops that they might actually be running low on or need for a delivery, and they'll buy those as well.

queentina3
04-21-15, 03:03 PM
LMAO PookieBear50, I was doing deliveries originally for the XP points, until I realized that I was going up in levels and opening up machines that I didn't have the coin to buy. HAHAHA.....That is when I changed my strategy and went for the coin, so I could purchase the jelly maker, candle maker, sauce maker.........I kept seeing them glaring at me from the market wanting me to buy them but I couldn't...I was constantly broke. *giggles*