PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to make city story more appealing

Unregistered
02-08-11, 08:11 PM
Hi i have been playing City Story for a long time and the game does not seem to go anywhere, e, like a movie without an ending, like a plane without a final destination. Its either you go on and on, or you opt to quit. Or before you get to the level you want, you drop out of boredom cos there is nothing new for you to look forward to each day - except that you dont want to let your neighbours down :(

For this, I would like to suggest my 2 cents worth of opinion :
1. KEEP PLAYERS COMING BACK -
(A) CONTRACT MASTERY GIFTS
Different prizes for different stage completed eg, factory gives out different prices at random so you dont know what you are going to get. Imagine layer A saw Player B with a GREAT looking building, and found out that the Building is not for sale, but could only be won from 3rd contract mastery. And of course, no everybody get the same gifts! Some of the gifts might be limited eg, for a period of 3 days and etc. This will keep players who are collectors on their toes, trying, looking and playing. I believe new players appreciate the river, but eventually its gets just so boring.
(B) CITY FEATURES eg, terrrain and curves.
The City scape is flate and can get so boring. its either you have trees or palm trees or flowers. One this is the same, its all flat, flat and flat surface. Maybe your eam could create certain terrain feautres like geiser, small hill, bigger hill, mountain and etc. Of course, as there is no free lunch in this world - I would not expect it for free (Note : I DO NOT speak for every player here), but make it affordable, eg 300,000 coins + $1 or $2 should suffice. Since it is more affordable, i think your team might still earn due to quantity transacted over times. To make it more interesting, these features could be allowed for only player who have reachea certain level. (Again, incentive to keep going as there is a whole lot more deco and individual creativity to explore). The same applies to the shape of the map. Maybe add a curve or a nook here and there and hey! Maybe even an island and bridge?? That gives player a lot more things to do, any most important, that will keep us pumping our muscles cleaning one city after another.
(C) FINALE - an ending that means something
Maybe your team could look at giving out free game (popular one, please) to those that have completed the game. As game players, we are always looking for something new. Because in City Story each player need neighbours to survive, player who jump onto the next game created by Team Lava will get theri friends and exisitng players who are neighbours to join them in the new game. This way, your side keep the players, keep your community and keep the long run $$$ coming into your bank account.
However, before you could do that, your Team needs to think of a finale to the game. eg, Eg, completion of game therefore needs to be re-thought, defined and implemented. Otherwise, group of players after players will drop out and find something else more interesting to do. eg, they will NOT go to Farm sotry bcos the story line, method and etc is similar.

2. STAR RATING
Star rating should not be rated based on the initial attempt by a player cleaning other people's cities. It should be subjected to review each week, eg, if you clean less that what is required, then you star rating goes down. This way, player willl be diligent in their cleaning work - Hey! Why not? because this is the main activity that keeps the game goin, isnt it?

3. MESSAGING SYSTEM
Player should be able to direct message into the inbox of another player (of cos only if they know thier Storm ID). That way, we do not get to view profanities, disputes and etc, that displayed all over some of the players' walls.

4. BUILDING ROTATION
The building should be allowed to be rotated in 4 directions (now only 2), and it makes our city look very weird and uniform all over. eg, having a Police Station facing garden when it should face the main road behind...?

5. COLLECTION & EXCHANGE
The reason why neighbours could give gifts is so that we could make use of the gifts. Lets face it, the options of gifts that we could give to our neighbour is very limited, and i understand why. It is so that we will get so bored, and will buy new buildings...for $$$? Right? (But if it is unffordbale, it is unaffordable and usually only a small fraction of our lust after a certain building will generate into sales). Why dont instead of paying $$$ we have an option of either paying $$$ or paying using combination of gifts+$. As it is, the name tag of the person who gave us the gift is already a feature. The idea is to exchange gifts to somthing else. Other wise exisitng player will just sell thier unused gifts back and this will not make the player an active neighbor looking for gifts and etc. To make it harder, your Team could look at reducing the type and quanity of gifts a player could give per day. (as it is, we could receive 20 per day of any types).

That's all i have for today (I have a LOT MORE suggestions ....but ah...well, I am tired of typing and I dont even know if your Team acutally read this thing.)

I hope the above summarise my thoughts and hopefully other players thoughts as well.

Cheers.

Just another player