PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Information on Tournaments

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 04:14 PM
For those that have won the tournament (or those that do end up winning it), would you mind sharing a couple things?

1) how long have you been playing FFS
2) which fighters do you have and what level are they (unicorn, gem hybrids, treasure animals, or just super rares... and are they epic/level 15 or under level 15)
3) how many gems did you wind up having to spend
4) how many tournaments have you won previously (all, most, only a few, or none)

I would love to get a picture for how many people actually complete the tournaments without gems, and whether or not they tend to be long time players with the best fighters, or newer players that haven't won many tournaments before. It would help us figure out whether anything we do actually matters, or whether it really is all just luck.....

GC5410
04-18-15, 04:35 PM
For those that have won the tournament (or those that do end up winning it), would you mind sharing a couple things?

2) which fighters do you have and what level are they (unicorn, gem hybrids, treasure animals, or just super rares... and are they epic/level 15 or under level 15)
4) how many tournaments have you won previously (all, most, only a few, or none)

I would love to get a picture for how many people actually complete the tournaments without gems, and whether or not they tend to be long time players with the best fighters, or newer players that haven't won many tournaments before. It would help us figure out whether anything we do actually matters, or whether it really is all just luck.....

Playing since Nov/Dec

Unicorn lv12
Citrine lv12
No treasures
No lv 15s (highest super rare is lv13)

Over 120 gems spent this tournament

Won all tournaments since I've been playing (but never without spending gems) - although there was quite a long gap in tournaments around the time I started, so I had been playing quite a while when I played my first one.

Early tournaments I would win with more wins than loses (best was 30 wins / 8 loses)
Then a few tournaments of even split win/loss ratio
Last 5 or 6 tournaments around double the number of loses to wins (30 wins / 45-58 loses or 12 wins / 22-30 loses)

dawntilldusk25
04-18-15, 06:28 PM
Playing since FFS since it started

10 super rare epics.
1 treasure lvl 10. Rarely use - never wins
1 unicorn lvl 10. Rarely use never wins.
Never gemmed. Maybe ... Like 1 tourney in the beginning...maybe.
I have missed two tourneys, not because I lost, but because I was busy. So never lost a tourney that I tried.
Actually I lost the first tourney because I never visited the forum, and therefore never had Zenobias wisdom to rely on!!!
Zenobia, don't know what I'd do without you're chart and best bets. Invaluable.

RorJam
04-18-15, 08:13 PM
been playing since August or September can't quite recall other than I was some what established when Halloween event started and the first limited animal for me was frankenswine. The only ultra's I've been able to Breed are Retriever and Ruby. I bought two unicorns and the toucan. I had to beat the tournaments at first without gems so now it's a little difficult to know when to use them but it's getting better for me. So I had to only get special animals to epic, pretty much any strong attack to unicorn and emerald. Animals I use for tournament are Santa Paws, Nightmare, sea drake, psyena, ancient sloth, grassquatch, steam trunk, glacial griffin, storm Sphinx, teradactyl, vinotar, unicorn, Ruby, retriever, toucan, Pygmy giraffe, skeletal, menoram, zapra, and Harpy(not sure where it fits in yet), sometimes on stages 1-5 if applicable I use armordillo, ferry ferret, thunderhawk, and rampage. All animals are epic, some are duplicate elements but I like it because it gives me options or i can speed it up after a defeat and still have the desired elements without a cool down. I usually spend 30-70 gems every tournament. Depends on what ultra rares are included in the said tournament. I've won all but Yule mule tournament. I believe it was a flash tourney around Christmas and was really busy with family stuff. And didn't feel like buying gems. Now I get most of my gems from downloading and playing the games that pop up.

ninasidstorm8
04-18-15, 08:53 PM
1) I have been playing the game since it was released in July 0f 2014. However, I didn?t really think about strategy for the first 3 weeks as I was just trying to earn Gems for other games until I hit about level 17.

2) I have no ultra-rares at this time. I primarily use Level 15 Super Rares in tournaments. I currently have at least 1 Level 15 Super Rare for each element combination that does not involve an ultra-rare, and more than one for most combinations. Most of the animals I use in tournaments are previous tournament prizes. A quick check of my album shows 35 Level 15 animals but a few of these are the single element commons.

3) I assume you mean gems to win tournaments. I only spent gems in two mini tournaments. In the Steamtrunk mini tournament, I used an Ultimate attack on the final round. 30 gems and 8 gems to speed up rounds for a total of 38. In the Land Shark mini tournament, I used 13 gems to speed up rounds to win it. No gems required to win any other tournament.

4) I have won each of the 18 tournaments held so far including the Toronado tournament that finishes tonight.

I keep records of my tournament results and use the information to improve my strategy for future tournaments. So I have data on my results for each tournament if you need more information. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Clark_Wayne
04-18-15, 09:38 PM
1) don't remember : started when they sent ads in dragon Story . May be 6-9 months
2) no gem hybrids, but got almost all the others (118 uniques/128, and 6 in storage)
I use only super rares or the treasures. Toucan,retriever and badger are level 15 and super rares are level 13-15 (aurora, cosmic Phoenix, ancient Sloth, Rumblebee, Mistletoed are level 15. Treent is evolving to level15)
3) idk but not much and never had to ultimate
4) i played tournaments since they started and won all of them (thanks to zenobia chart!)

calvinxx
04-18-15, 09:49 PM
1) I have only been playing since early March 2015 so I guess that makes me a newbie lol

2) I have no ultra-rares unfortunately :( My only epics are Pyro Pony, Pandafoddil, and Rock Rhino and very recently Solar Simian because of the Kitsune quest. I have about 10 level 10s of different element combinations that I battle with my I do most of my battling with my 3 single element epics. I actually just beat the Toronado with my Rock Rhino

3) I lost the Land Shark tournament which was the first one I was around for because I thought it was super ugly and didn't really care to try for it. I won the Chilldebeast using about 100 gems to speed but I won two days early because I was excited to have it. This flash tournament was awful and I had to use an ultimate attack on the Ruby Razorback and I sped with about 100 gems fruitlessly because I was scared of running about of time so that took a toll for sure

4) So I guess Ive won 2/3 Ive been around for but I plan on winning them all in the future even if I have to spend gems because it would bother me a lot to lose out on a creature and have an incomplete album

tygerlynx
04-18-15, 10:10 PM
1) I've been playing since November

2) I sadly do not have an unicorn/gem/treasure animals (not for a lack of trying...). Most of my super rares that I used in battle are level 15 or 14. My treent is level 13.

3) About 20 gems

4) Edit: Thanks @ninasidstorm8 for the list of tournaments! I used at least 10-50 gems on all of the tournaments I have won.

Flash Tournaments - won 1/2
Yule Mule - Lost
Ampeater - Lost
Psyena - Won
Lunar Goat - Won
Land Shark - Lost
Toronado - Won

Regular Tournaments - Won 2/3
Noelephant - Lost
Winter Wolverine - Won
Rumbelbee - Lost
Bulldog - Won
Slippopotamus - Won
Chilldebeest - Won

xenu8
04-19-15, 12:46 AM

since last summer
Gems, super rares, epics, treasures
Usually have to speed up due to losses, spend about 50 gems, usually have to spend $5 for gems
I win the ones I have played except the last two since I didn't want to buy more gems.
In the last tournament I got to the last round but ran out of time, only 2 gems left, couldn't speed it up. :(
I have not done an ultimate attack here but I do ultimate attacks in dragon story since the chances are too
low to win against champion dragons, usually do 1-2 ultimates there. It's all luck, some animals have better chances than others but no guarantee of winning.

For a long time I never spent money but then treasure animals appeared, then limited animals, now hard tournaments...

It helps to know what animals have better chances, so the charts are extremely helpful & I appreciate what you guys do, thanks!

Annica5
04-19-15, 02:44 AM
Been playing since FFS started.
No gem hybrids but Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever both lv 15, works great for me in battles. Only fight with lv 14 or 15 super rare for the rest, have most combinations I think.
ALWAYS have to spend gems in flash tourneys, this time to speed so not too heavy, maybe 20 gems? In Europe so stupid timeframe includes 2 nights.
I've competed in and won every tournament, totally thanks to Zenobia. The value of that chart and those hints can't be overestimated.

chippychan
04-19-15, 04:11 AM
- Since late Jan/early Feb 2015 (about 2.5 months)

- Account 1: Treasure Toucan & Ancient Sloth (both lvl.15) are what I use the most. Some epic rares are used too sometimes. The sloth is my only epic super rare right now, and I bought the toucan to give me an ultra rare.
- Account 2: Ancient Sloth is my only super rare epic, everything else is around level 12. I bought a Money Badger when it was on sale to get at least 1 ultra rare, I have it currently at level 13.

- Account 1: 30 gems on a final ultimate attack; I was very tired & just wanted to go to bed. :)
- Account 2: 4 gems once to 'fight again now'.

I haven't been playing for long so I've not done as many tournaments as other players. The first tournament I remember doing was the Lunar Goat flash tournament, so I (obviously) didn't win anything before that. These are the tournaments I've been able to participate in, and the results of 2 accounts:

13) 02/20/2015 12 Lunar Goat - LOST (spent a few gems speeding rounds)
14) 03/03/2015 30 Bulldog - WON (don't remember if I spent gems)
15) 03/13/2015 12 Land Shark - WON (spent 30 gems on each account for 'ultimate' attack to finish)
16) 03/24/2015 30 Slippopotamus - WON (don't remember if I spent gems)
17) 04/07/2015 30 Chilldebeest - WON (did NOT spend gems)
18) 04/17/2015 12 Toronado - WON (spent 30 gems on 1 account for 'ultimate' attack to finish + a few gems to speed 1 round)

EDIT: added more info based on ninasidstorm8's list of tournaments.

sweetdeda
04-19-15, 05:03 AM
1.) I've been playing for about two months.

2.) No unicorn,no gem, no treasure animals here. I have about 5 rare-super rare epic animals, most animals I use for battle are lvl 11 to lvl 13.

3.) On this flash tournament I spent 26 gems to speed, and two prior tournaments I have used ultimate hits, both on unicorn.

4.) All 5 I have participated in but again, on two I used ultimate hits.

ninasidstorm8
04-19-15, 06:56 AM
1) I've been playing since November

2) I sadly do not have an unicorn/gem/treasure animals (not for a lack of trying...). Most of my super rares that I used in battle are level 15 or 14. My treent is level 13.

3) About 20 gems

4) Probably between 1/2 and 2/3 of the regular tournaments and just a few flash tournaments including this one. Does anyone have a list of all of the tournaments so far?

Following is a list of the Tournaments held in Fantasy Forest Story so far:

......Date......Rounds..Tournament Prize
1) 09/16/2014 30 Nightmare
2) 10/07/2014 30 Owl Bear
3) 10/21/2014 30 Arboar
4) 10/31/2014 12 Steamtrunk
5) 11/11/2014 30 Thanksgibbon
6) 12/02/2014 30 Treebra
7) 12/12/2014 12 Yule Mule
8) 12/23/2014 30 Noelephant
9) 01/02/2015 12 Ampeater
10) 01/13/2015 30 Winter Wolverine
11) 01/30/2015 12 Psyena
12) 02/10/2015 30 Rumbelbee
13) 02/20/2015 12 Lunar Goat
14) 03/03/2015 30 Bulldog
15) 03/13/2015 12 Land Shark
16) 03/24/2015 30 Slippopotamus
17) 04/07/2015 30 Chilldebeest
18) 04/17/2015 12 Toronado

readysetgo888
04-20-15, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!

I was really curious to know how many people made it through this most recent flash tournament without gems, and if not, how many they had to spend.

My theory now is this: For flash tournaments, the vast majority of players will need to spend gems to win. There is always a small percentage of players that will get lucky and have a super easy tournament - probably to keep interest in the game and keep the reports going on here that some people could do it easily. But it is only a small percent that get that lucky. For most of us, we're in the "need to spend gems" category.

This split has nothing whatsoever to do with how many level 15 animals or ultra rares you have. Doesn't matter. Any player can be put in the "win" category and any player can be put in the "lose" category. The vast majority will be losers.

I don't think choosing the correct element combos for your fighters improves your chances. I would guess, however, that NOT choosing the correct fighters might hurt your chances and increase the number of gems that you have to spend. If that makes sense... in other words, if I choose the correct fighters, I might only have to spend 30 gems speeding rounds, but if I don't, I'll wind up having to spend over 100. That's just a guess on my part - TL is clearly messing with element strengths every single tournament, so who knows if it even makes any real difference any more?

What I do know, is that having the best fighters and leveling them up no longer makes any real difference to your chances. If the game wants you to lose the tournament without spending gems, you will.

This definitely goes for flash tournaments... for the last two that we've seen that have featured 4 ultra rares. I don't know whether they are going to relent at some point and go back to how it was where fighter selection actually made a real difference, but if they continue like the last two have been.... you should know before you start the tournament, there is a very slim chance that you will be lucky enough to make it through, but most likely, you will wind up having to spend gems. If you're not ok with that, I wouldn't even bother starting the tournaments. In my opinion, they take WAY too much time to bother with when the odds are so against you.

I think regular tournaments are moving in this direction as well... no question they are also getting harder, but they are still currently possible without gems. Who knows how long that is going to last.

MaribouMay
04-20-15, 03:16 PM

1) I started in November.
2) I have 11 animals that are level 15 (1 UR treasure, 8 SR, & 1 R). I have SR animals in every combination aside from gems and treasures and am working towards getting them all to level 15.
3) Early on I refused to spend gems and therefore lost about 4 tournaments. Since then I have won all the tournaments. I typically spend a few gems to speed up in between battles. I try to keep the amount of gems I spend to a minimum, meaning no ultimate ****s.
4) I've lost about 4 of the 13-14 tournaments since I started. All my losses were at the beginning. Finding the forum and the advice here (thank you zenobia!) has helped me tremendously.

Clark_Wayne
04-20-15, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info everyone!

I was really curious to know how many people made it through this most recent flash tournament without gems, and if not, how many they had to spend.

My theory now is this: For flash tournaments, the vast majority of players will need to spend gems to win. There is always a small percentage of players that will get lucky and have a super easy tournament - probably to keep interest in the game and keep the reports going on here that some people could do it easily. But it is only a small percent that get that lucky. For most of us, we're in the "need to spend gems" category.

This split has nothing whatsoever to do with how many level 15 animals or ultra rares you have. Doesn't matter. Any player can be put in the "win" category and any player can be put in the "lose" category. The vast majority will be losers.

I don't think choosing the correct element combos for your fighters improves your chances. I would guess, however, that NOT choosing the correct fighters might hurt your chances and increase the number of gems that you have to spend. If that makes sense... in other words, if I choose the correct fighters, I might only have to spend 30 gems speeding rounds, but if I don't, I'll wind up having to spend over 100. That's just a guess on my part - TL is clearly messing with element strengths every single tournament, so who knows if it even makes any real difference any more?

What I do know, is that having the best fighters and leveling them up no longer makes any real difference to your chances. If the game wants you to lose the tournament without spending gems, you will.

This definitely goes for flash tournaments... for the last two that we've seen that have featured 4 ultra rares. I don't know whether they are going to relent at some point and go back to how it was where fighter selection actually made a real difference, but if they continue like the last two have been.... you should know before you start the tournament, there is a very slim chance that you will be lucky enough to make it through, but most likely, you will wind up having to spend gems. If you're not ok with that, I wouldn't even bother starting the tournaments. In my opinion, they take WAY too much time to bother with when the odds are so against you.

I think regular tournaments are moving in this direction as well... no question they are also getting harder, but they are still currently possible without gems. Who knows how long that is going to last.

I don't think they can choose which player will have an easier tournament or a harder one : they can not know which animal you are going to use.
But i agree : tournaments are going harder . i think that it is more because of the new types (Shamrock, Valentine, Treent).

biologybrain
04-20-15, 09:07 PM
I've been playing since mid-November 2014

2) which fighters do you have and what level are they
I'm constantly trying to level up my fighters. So the levels that aren't Epic now are always changing.
Ancient Sloth Epic - this was my first epic fighter
Vinotaur Epic - this was my second epic
Treebra Epic
Toy Poodle Lvl 14
Blizard Lvl 13
Thorilla Lvl 13
Twilight Troll Lvl 13
Smitten Kitten Lvl 13
Terroir Lvl 13
I just got these within the last 2 tournaments. I was leveling them up during those tournaments.
Crystal Unicorn Lvl 12
Money Badger Lvl 12
Treent Lvl 10

I try to spend as few gems as possible. I usually spend at least a few to speed through some rounds - around 20-30. Lately I've bought an Ultimate attack per Tournament to get past a particularly difficult round. This past tournament (Toronado) I spent 70 gems, the most I probably have.

I haven't won many for a while until the last 2, but I have won the last 2. Here's the list:
Noelephant
Yule Mule
Treebra
Winter Wolverine
Psyena
Chilldebeast
Rumblebee
Toronado

zenobia42
04-21-15, 01:09 PM
1) I have played FFS since the week it was released (July 2014).
2) All my fighters are level 15. My ultra rares are unicorn, ruby, emerald, toucan (and badger though he's the same element as toucan and performed poorly when I tried him when I got him... so I don't use him). I have/use super rares of every element/element combo, including these one-of-a-kinders: Steamtrunk, Santa Claws, Matripony and Harpy... except... My Treent is only level 10 because he's only super rare but costs the as much food as an ultra rare price to level.
3) I spent more gems this tournament than every preceding tournament COMBINED. I didn't count, though. I only used gems to speed - I will NEVER spend gems on ultimate hits - on principle - because with my animals I absolutely, positively, should NOT need them.
4) I have won every tournament, even when I had zero ultra rares. In fact, tournaments went better for me when my animals were only half as "good" as they are now. Until the last couple, every full-length tournament I won for free, and every flash tourney I used to win for <10 gems.

Edited to correct: My harpy IS level 15. But I've never used her in a tourney. and I forgot to mention my Treent, who is only level 10 as of yet.

tuffyjkitten
04-21-15, 02:12 PM
Been playing since the game started, am level 40 for quite awhile now.

Have a Unicorn that is level 12. No gem hybrids, no treasure, no Treent. My only level 15 animals are the basic color elements. Ancient Sloth, Glacial Griffin, Steamtrunk, Aurora Pegasus, Nightmare, Zapra, and Thunder Mammoth are all in the 12-14 range.

I have finished every tournament and have spent some gems on most of them, I think there were 2 that I didnt have to use an ultimate on but I can't remember which ones.

This last tournament was the worst, I couldn't get past next to last round and was running out of time. Sped thru I think 9 times then won it, then sped to the last round and used an ultimate on the last shot. The previous tournament I sped twice thru the next to last round, won, then sped to the final round and won that. The last couple of tournaments (except this most recent one) I have spent less than 30 gems.

I have an index card for each animal and I list which ones I have beaten it with in previous tournaments. That plus the fabulous lists and charts provided on the forum for each round have helped me immensely.