PDA

View Full Version : Updating older iPod

tristebelle
04-18-15, 03:15 PM
I did an 'update all' on my older version iPod and now the game won't open even when all the background games have been turned off. This happened with another game and I've never been able to play it. I really want to play especially since there is a current event! How do I go back to the old version that ran perfectly fine??

meme1098
04-18-15, 03:26 PM
CS requires a lot of resources to load & play. If you're on an older device that uses older processing, etc, the game is not going to work well,if at all.

Latest IOS version is 8.3. If you have a password set on the iPod game you can play on a newer device by using the login feature through RS, BS or a few of TL/S8 games.

The only other thing you might try is delete the game from your IPod, go to the App Store & search your purchases for an older version to install. Of course, you won't get any of the new content.

tristebelle
04-18-15, 04:58 PM
Thanks for your reply, as I only have access to this older apple device and was able to participate in the 'steed' event, do you have any idea which version I should go back to? Your help is greatly appreciated.

meme1098
04-18-15, 05:02 PM
You might try out the last version you had installed.

tristebelle
04-18-15, 05:26 PM
Again, thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I have visited 'the app store' and it seems to only show the current version of castle story. I'm honestly a bit of a dunce when it comes to technology and have very little idea how to find the older version to download. Thanks.

tristebelle
04-19-15, 02:29 AM
Still hoping someone can direct me to where I can download the older version of the game. The iTunes App Store only has the current version which doesn't work on my ancient iPod. That will teach me for updating my apps! I know that 1mobilemarket has older versions for android but is there an iOS place too? Please help, pretty please.

queentina3
04-19-15, 06:48 AM
Still hoping someone can direct me to where I can download the older version of the game. The iTunes App Store only has the current version which doesn't work on my ancient iPod. That will teach me for updating my apps! I know that 1mobilemarket has older versions for android but is there an iOS place too? Please help, pretty please.

I actually tried to find that for a few other people and can't locate a way to get older versions for Apple either. I had thought that maybe looking under "purchased" but for some reason with Castle, only the newest download shows, unlike with RS or BS, where the older versions will sometimes show when they rename it, like "RS Valentines". I wish I could help you but I have no idea where to find older versions of Castle for Apple Devices. :(

monarchen
04-19-15, 07:06 AM
adding myself to the list of ppl who are no longer able to play... iOS 5.1.1, highest version I can get

GiselleX16
04-19-15, 12:07 PM
Me too, old iTouch. Couldn't get into the game after the update. So I read up online and did what was suggested: delete updated game from the device, then go into iTunes (which hadn't been updated in a while) and reload the older version that was sitting there. It worked, and the kingdom looked pretty much the same with two major issues:

All of my stuff from the recent tulip quests are missing.

All of progress on the horse quests, including the quests themselves, are missing. But neighbors are still responding to my requests from those quests, I was still regrowing carrots, etc.

Very strange.

meme1098
04-19-15, 12:27 PM
The older version will not have the newer updates since they were introduced before them.

tristebelle
04-20-15, 01:28 AM
Thanks for all the posts and help, I will try the iTunes thing and get back to you if it works.

EDIT: Nope, no luck for me. I have no apps in my iTunes and in the App Store purchase history, it is only the new unworking version. Oh well, time to sweet talk the hubby so i can play CW on his android! Luckily the events seem finally available on android. I will check back to see if anyone has any luck!

tristebelle
04-22-15, 04:25 PM
It's a little disheartening that after spending quite a bit of cash on S8 games, that there isn't any help or even a response from them. Can't they offer an older version for iOS so we can play again please? I guess I'm luckier than most that I can play a little on my husband's phone.

meme1098
04-22-15, 08:58 PM
From a another thread:

If you are still running iOS 5.1.1 and can update to a higher OS, we recommend you do this to help with the issue. As you expand and add more items to your board, more resources are required to run the game. Unfortunately, older devices may not be able to handle the amount of resources the game requires. If you are unable to update your device, we recommend you store a few items in your game. If you are unable to open the game to store items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can assist you with this. Thank you!

BuddyB111
05-12-15, 05:35 AM
Adding my name to the list too. :(

I did read elsewhere that if you back up your device, then there might be a copy of an older version in the back up location. If you find one, copy it to a regular computer and install iTunes if not already installed. Then drag and drop the old version in to iTunes. On your device make sure you have uninstalled the problem version, then open Apple Store and the older version should now be available for installation in the 'Purchased' area.

I would love to know if this works or be willing to try it if someone could email me the back up files. Just PM me to arrange this.