PDA

View Full Version : Question about paying gems for parts to complete upgrade/expansion

441sogo
04-18-15, 10:40 AM
I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Cid's unwillingness to drop hammers. All I ever receive are planks and nails. All of my next stage upgrades/expansions require a bunch of hammers. I see that it would cost me 16 gems to obtain the hammers instantly, but it appears that the gem cost is the same if I need 2 hammers or if I need 8 hammers.

If I pay 16 gems for the hammers, will the game give me the total required for the upgrade, or will it only give me that amount less what I already have in storage??? If it gives me the total less what I have in storage, why isn't the gem cost on a sliding scale??? It would seem silly to me to pay 16 gems for 2 hammers, when someone is paying the same for the full 8.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

queentina3
04-18-15, 10:55 AM
Ok, the number right below the item you need is "per item" then at the bottom you'll have a "buy all xxx".

For example, I need 470,000 coin and 3 hammers to upgrade my general store to 5 items instead of just the 4 I have now, under the 470,000 coins is 120 gems then under the hammers is 16 gems. When I take 16 x 3 = 48 + the 120 for coins = 168 (my buy all total).

441sogo
04-18-15, 11:26 AM
Ok, the number right below the item you need is "per item" then at the bottom you'll have a "buy all xxx".

For example, I need 470,000 coin and 3 hammers to upgrade my general store to 5 items instead of just the 4 I have now, under the 470,000 coins is 120 gems then under the hammers is 16 gems. When I take 16 x 3 = 48 + the 120 for coins = 168 (my buy all total).

OMG, they want 16 gems per hammer!?!?! That's ridiculous! Now I'm even more frustrated by Cid the snake! :mad:

Thank you, Queentina! You're ever so helpful! :)

queentina3
04-18-15, 11:44 AM
OMG, they want 16 gems per hammer!?!?! That's ridiculous! Now I'm even more frustrated by Cid the snake! :mad:

Thank you, Queentina! You're ever so helpful! :)

Well they want 24 per shovel, at least for the Garden, so 16 per Hammer doesn't sound so bad now, does it? :p I'm not sure if that is the going rate for shovels as I have more than I need to upgrade the other areas, as well as nails and boards - no clue what those are gem wise....But Hammers I'm low on now as I upgraded the Seafood Shop yesterday and shovels are a gimme since I'll never get enough of those, or seeds, to expand my garden past what it is now. LOL!