PDA

View Full Version : Facebook..

LonePudding
04-18-15, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure if this type of post is allowed so feel free to close the thread if it isn't.

I was thinking of making a new Facebook just for this game. Nothing too personal, no pictures etc. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has made a Facebook account for this game? I really need the quick serves. If a few people post that they made an account especially for this, I'd be willing to too.

queentina3
04-18-15, 07:59 AM
I haven't opened a different account because I tried to do that once before, for other games I play, and it messed them up BIG TIME! They had been linked to my original Facebook and when I went to switch them, I lost all progress. The only way to get it back was to link it back to my original Facebook. I have no idea how it would work in TL land, but couldn't have two Facebook's open and running on my device without messing up my other games so I just don't bother. I can honestly live without the quick serves, though they are nice.....

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 11:35 AM
Sign in, get your gems and quick serves. Then go to the top right of your FaceBook to the down arrow, hit settings. Now on the left of your screen, go to Apps. You should open up a list of games that you have connected. Click the "x" by Restaurant Story and you'll be able to delete your Facebook connection to that game. Force close out of the game to make sure you're done. If you did it right, you'll get the FaceBoook logo back on your screen asking you to connect.

You get your gems and quick serves, and your FaceBook info is off the game radar again. Takes 2 minutes to do. Or you can just make a fake account, which seems like a lot more work.

xenu8
04-18-15, 09:24 PM
I have a fake facebook just for games. I don't really use facebook so it's not a big deal to me.

LonePudding
04-19-15, 05:17 AM
I haven't opened a different account because I tried to do that once before, for other games I play, and it messed them up BIG TIME! They had been linked to my original Facebook and when I went to switch them, I lost all progress. The only way to get it back was to link it back to my original Facebook. I have no idea how it would work in TL land, but couldn't have two Facebook's open and running on my device without messing up my other games so I just don't bother. I can honestly live without the quick serves, though they are nice.....

That sounds awful!! Was the issue fixed??

queentina3
04-19-15, 07:25 AM
That sounds awful!! Was the issue fixed??

Yes, by connecting them to my original Facebook account again. I couldn't use a "dummy" account and keep my current game, would've had to start back at level 1 and there was no way I was doing that. One game couldn't be fixed at all and even put me in a different league and I lost all my progress in regards to leadership points (which was earning me almost 30 free in-game currency a week). I was so mad and haven't played that game again since, as they should be able to reinstate those things now that I've reconnected to my original Facebook, and until they do, I refuse to play.

That is why I just gave up and figured I'd already connected my real Facebook to my Game Center account and didn't bother even attempting another "dummy" account, not if it would mess up other games. I only have my family on my Facebook and only my mother plays a few of the other games, and one of my sons, so it's no biggie. I refuse to add anyone that isn't family to it anyways. I loathe Facebook, honestly I do. But my niece insisted I sign myself up so she could stay in touch easier when she travels. :rolleyes:

enaid03
04-19-15, 07:39 AM
I have the "game only" facebook account. I play on two devices, so my main device associates with the dummy account. I created it awhile ago when another couple of games I play went to facebook in order to have neighbors. They dropped all of your neighbors, and basically made you have a facebook account. I went without all the gifts for awhile, then decided that it would be beneficial to my play to have one so I can gift again. I read on that forum what others were doing - creating a game fb account.

With RS2, I've noticed that I can get quick serves from neighbors in addition to their gift.

The only time I even access the game fb account is when I approve or request a neighbor.

There is no way I will associate a personal account with total strangers. It is a very dangerous practice.

LonePudding
04-21-15, 12:25 PM
I have the "game only" facebook account. I play on two devices, so my main device associates with the dummy account. I created it awhile ago when another couple of games I play went to facebook in order to have neighbors. They dropped all of your neighbors, and basically made you have a facebook account. I went without all the gifts for awhile, then decided that it would be beneficial to my play to have one so I can gift again. I read on that forum what others were doing - creating a game fb account.

With RS2, I've noticed that I can get quick serves from neighbors in addition to their gift.

The only time I even access the game fb account is when I approve or request a neighbor.

There is no way I will associate a personal account with total strangers. It is a very dangerous practice.

I also noticed, however quite rare, I receive quickserves from neighbours. However it is not enough to benefit me, especially in this increasingly difficult cruise event!! If you would like to add me on FaceBook, send me a PM or message me on my wall. Any personal details or fb account info written on my wall will be deleted as soon as I read it :)