PDA

View Full Version : Re -release of Puebla Oven and Drink Machine

Pages : [1] 2

dulceria038
04-17-15, 03:11 PM
I don't have access to the release that took place today. It is locked and I can't purchase...I am playing on iOS...

Nightstar913
04-17-15, 03:21 PM
Don't feel alone, I don't have it either. No one gets treated worse than kindle owners...

Oh, buying gems from Amazon works just great though....

myndisue
04-17-15, 08:30 PM
I have access to them from 2 of my 4 bakeries. Would like to know why not available at all if them??

Candifrosting
04-17-15, 08:51 PM
I'm on android but I haven't gotten it yet. My neighbors do, though. :

VanaCatu
04-18-15, 12:55 AM
i'm on android. playing since end june - start july 2013. have an access to appliance, have all 6 recipes unlocked, no timers on recipes (though, if the timer doesn't show up, it doesn't mean it's not counting down i guess))

meantime, some people don't have an acces, some - have locked recipes, some - have timers on it:

dear teamlava stuff!

many thanks for this wonderful re-release!

nevertheless, please let us have the rules stipulated for it, if there are any.

- which accounts have access to build ovens?
- which accounts have unlocked recipes?
- what the timer on recipes means?

if no, please fix the glitch and let us have equal possibilities for all players.

it is impossible to master these 2 recipes (4hrs and 5hrs) in 2 days - we need 166 bunches to serve, max 4..6 bunches per day, and we can only build 1 appliance per day since no parts in gifts section, only nbrs requests work.

thank you in advance for clarification and fixing it! :)

PrairieGrass
04-18-15, 04:06 AM
Many of my neighbors are requesting parts for the pueblos oven and drink maker, which are available for limited time for them, but they are still goal locked for me. I'm on Android. Is this going to be like last month's candy hatchery where it took several more days for us droids to get the appliances? Please look into this!

KimWill
04-18-15, 04:19 AM
I'm on Droid tablet and they were available yesterday. I sure wish the parts were in the gift section

PrairieGrass
04-18-15, 04:28 AM
I'm on Kindle and updates are always automatic. Maybe Amazon hasn't updated yet?

pieandcream
04-18-15, 04:34 AM
i have a version via google and i dont have the option to buy the ovens. they re locked for me. ..... must be bug or some glitch...... i dunno...

udittara
04-18-15, 07:59 AM
I am on iOS and would like the Puebla items also but they are still locked and I don't want to miss out on the 7 day timer

baseball_boy
04-18-15, 08:03 AM
I was able to buy the oven that I didn't have before since it was a goal before me, but it says 2 recipes only have 6 days left? Will they disappear then and leave me with 1 recipe?

Wipeout4321
04-18-15, 09:13 AM
Teamlava do not re-release anything... it is so annoying and what is the point of doing goals if you can buy it two years later without even redoing the goals :mad:

WahineBake
04-18-15, 10:22 AM
I'm on iOS 8.3. Still not seeing Puebla machines or gift items, however some of my neighbors have them and are requesting Puebla gifts. Is anyone working on the launch for us peasants who were not afforded the luxury of inclusion on the first update?

koekjes11
04-18-15, 10:27 AM
I haven't gotten this re-release either, I'm on ios and ever since updating to ios 8.3 bakery story has been acting weird.

WahineBake
04-18-15, 10:33 AM
I'm on iOS 8.3. Still not seeing Puebla machines or gift items, however some of my neighbors have them and are requesting Puebla gifts. Is anyone working on the launch for us peasants who were not afforded the luxury of inclusion on the first update?

BuddyB111
04-18-15, 11:14 AM
I play on both iOS and on Android and don't have it on either.

BuddyB111
04-18-15, 11:17 AM
I play on both iOS and Android and do have access to either, so I have just posted on the thread in the Bugs Forum.

deekathleen
04-18-15, 11:41 AM
I'm on Kindle and don't have it either.

sugakane_01
04-18-15, 12:40 PM
I've checked on both Android and IOS and don't have it on either one, for either of my bakeries.

It would be nice if a mod or a staff member or someone would chime in and explain this confusion :mad:

grimgirl09
04-18-15, 01:28 PM
I have done everything I possibly can do to try to update my phone, etc. to get the Puebla goal and still nothing?! But my all my neighbors sure have! What can we do to get the ball rolling on this team lava?

vickieonmaui
04-18-15, 01:54 PM
I can't get the Puebla oven or drink machine on my iPad or phone. I complained in an email. All my neighbors have them.

vickieonmaui
04-18-15, 01:56 PM
I am having same problem on my iPad

PrairieGrass
04-18-15, 02:33 PM
I'm on a Kindle and still don't have either puebla appliance. Thanks for re-releasing them, but let's make them available for everyone. When this gets fixed can everyone have until Cinco de Mayo, May 5th, to purchase them, since that's the holiday they coincide with and because of the glitch with the release?

wolfcrk1
04-18-15, 02:41 PM
I don't have it either and I am on an android device. Also never got the motherly stove

sunshinecity477
04-18-15, 04:03 PM
I have finished this goal a long time ago, but it has a 6 day timer on 2 of the recipes. I still get to keep those recipes that I worked hard to unlock, right?

myferngardens
04-18-15, 06:55 PM
I have finished this goal a long time ago, but it has a 6 day timer on 2 of the recipes. I still get to keep those recipes that I worked hard to unlock, right?
I hope so! This will be like the candy cane maker all over again. Disaster! S8, learn from the past and leave the recipes alone please.

ojapple96
04-18-15, 09:20 PM
FYI In the discussion forum on this topic vanucatu indicated no clarification until Monday

sweetypies97
04-19-15, 05:25 AM
Why do to of the recipe have a timer on them? That is ridiculous.

If it was a glitch that benefited players you can bet there would be a response!

muffiemoo
04-19-15, 06:59 AM
Its not on my phone which is android, think it is a bit unfair that we dont all get the oven at the same time,

TinkFaintree
04-19-15, 07:44 AM
I'm glad someone started this thread. I'm on Android and been receiving material requests from neighbours for the puebla drink maker and oven as well as the witch and coffin appliances. It's extremely frustrating that these are still locked in my game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but to no avail! Come on TL, get your act together!

thiickmadame34
04-19-15, 10:03 AM
I have bakery story on my Kindle fire android phone and iPad and its locked on all three i have a lot of neighbors who have them unlocked what's going on?

Breejan1987
04-19-15, 10:32 AM
2 of the 3 recipes on the oven appear to be available for a very limited time. Is this a bug.....something I've never seen before. I wouldn't have wasted money on this oven if I had known I wouldn't have unlimited access to the recipes.

Wipeout4321
04-19-15, 01:33 PM
These re-releases are so unfair, I mean they just bother me :(

sweetypies97
04-19-15, 02:09 PM
2 of the 3 recipes on the oven appear to be available for a very limited time. Is this a bug.....something I've never seen before. I wouldn't have wasted money on this oven if I had known I wouldn't have unlimited access to the recipes.

I wouldn't have either and would like a refund.

anka04
04-19-15, 04:58 PM
Many of my neighbors are requesting parts for the pueblos oven and drink maker, which are available for limited time for them, but they are still goal locked for me. I'm on Android. Is this going to be like last month's candy hatchery where it took several more days for us droids to get the appliances? Please look into this! Im disappointed that i cant get them either please fix this

Fikkie55
04-20-15, 01:35 AM
I am Android top, using latest version, the Puebla stuff is stille locker for me top....extremely frustrating zending parts to neighbors for appliances i can't build myself !

melindawilson1
04-20-15, 08:54 AM
So agree! The parts are available to gift on my droid but I don't have access to the appliances.

GoodyTwoShoes2
04-20-15, 08:57 AM
HELP! I play on android AND ipad BUT I don't have the Pueblo items on either account????? My android is Level 99 and my Ipad is around 80 I think and my neighbors are all asking for parts but I cannot even purchase the ovens which are locked by Goal????? I don't want to miss out but I do not know what I need to do?? Please HELP/ADVISE???

deekathleen
04-20-15, 10:24 AM
No word on this yet?? :(

ZooUdian
04-20-15, 10:43 AM
I'm here to complain about the same thing: some of my nbrs got the puebla update (both android and iOS), the vast majority didn't.

I hope the developers are fixing the bugs mentioned above (recipes with counters? Sounds weird...), but why not saying some words? Will someone explain it please?

darko5
04-20-15, 11:04 AM
Please S8, allow every players this limited time release!
The puebla ovens are so cute.. wish I could have them!

CroqueDemoiselle
04-20-15, 11:16 AM
Same here. Most of my neighbours have the oven and mixer unlocked and I don't have it unlocked. It is a bug? Team lava / storm 8 is working on it? We want answers! And we want the appliances unlocked too!

defiantbaker
04-20-15, 11:24 AM
I have had tons of requests for parts for this. But I still dont have it. Only have middle mgmt for fashion story in goals. game updated a week or 2 ago. whenever that request came out. ... (Last time you had a new oven come out. I bought 1, then they disappeared for many days. though not sure it was this game or restaurant.) ... I like playing this game but releases or very frustrating. Android.

Id like to play before it expires in 2 days.!!!

snik5
04-20-15, 02:32 PM
I dont have it either! Every time I log in im checking and nothing but everyone else is requesting parts for the oven and drink mixer! I emailed team lava and got no response so please fix this.

sugakane_01
04-20-15, 03:27 PM
I have had tons of requests for parts for this. But I still dont have it. Only have middle mgmt for fashion story in goals. game updated a week or 2 ago. whenever that request came out. ... (Last time you had a new oven come out. I bought 1, then they disappeared for many days. though not sure it was this game or restaurant.) ... I like playing this game but releases or very frustrating. Android.

Id like to play before it expires in 2 days.!!!

Same here.

I emailed them (as have several other players) and have yet to receive a response. I noticed in the discussions thread one of the moderators indicated they'd flagged the issue but as yet...still no response from anyone from S8 or Team Lava. It's after 5 pm where I am and I *believe* they (TL) is on Pacific time which means it's after 3 pm their time. There's been PLENTY of time for someone to have responded to either of the threads regarding this issue. I'm not saying there's been plenty of time to "fix" whatever has glitched (if indeed it even is a glitch) but there's absolutely no reason for there to be radio silence. At the very least a simple "We are aware of the issue and working on the problem" would suffice to let people know that we're not all just yelling into a void.

Simple acknowledgment is, imo, not too much to ask. It's not rocket science, it's the number one rule in basic customer service: acknowledge that you are aware the problem exist and assure your customers you understand their frustration and are working diligently to resolve the matter. At least, it's the number rule in basic customer service among businesses that actually value and respect their user base ;)

grimgirl09
04-20-15, 04:28 PM
Still no response or anything on this? Very disappointed as it looks like I (along with many others) will miss out on this goal!

PrairieGrass
04-20-15, 04:35 PM
Sugakane, I agree with you 100%. We have been discussing this problem all weekend and a moderator ought to at least respond and apologize and let us know they are working on the issue and give us a timeframe when it might be fixed. I would hope everyone will have the opportunity to purchase the puebla appliances and I would suggest that the date be extended to May 5, Cinco de Mayo.
I play a non storm 8 game which has great customer service, online support, and is responsive to player's ideas and suggestions. I wish storm 8 would in the future listen to their customers more.

CroqueDemoiselle
04-20-15, 09:33 PM
Is there any member of the staff? Some costumers want answers!
At least tell us "we are working on the problem"

PolarBearRukus
04-21-15, 12:44 AM
I am on android. Do not have access to the pueblo drink maker & oven ~ never got the motherly oven either ~ also when the re release of the winter was able to get that but not the winter wedding like others ~ why pick & chose who gets what??
I started playing with the inclination that eventually I would be able to get all the appliances shown ~

PolarBearRukus
04-21-15, 12:47 AM
I am awaiting an answer on that very question through support ~ I am not able to access them either ~ frustrating as it is only available for a limited time only

FreddieTeddy
04-21-15, 02:51 AM
Are the recipes on the oven really going to be removed in a few days, or is this just a glitch? I've just built 2 ovens this morning to find 2 recipes are being removed!

Please look at this storm8!

darko5
04-21-15, 03:43 AM
How do we flag this thread? It is important to call S8 their attention! Time is passing by and the puebla itens wont be available to us anyway if this matter doesnt get proper attention..

VanaCatu
04-21-15, 03:58 AM
we do not need to.

the problem had been reported (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80682-Bakery-Update-April-15th-2015&p=1095960&viewfull=1#post1095960) to S8 by moderator yesterday.

there is also respective topic in "bugs&issues" forum.

so no more flags needed. just wait.

DREAMaboutWORLDwithoutWARS
04-21-15, 07:09 AM
I don't have this time limited action too.I playing on Nokia Android compatible.

DREAMaboutWORLDwithoutWARS
04-21-15, 07:20 AM
Why I don't have this time limited action yet when others yes? I wants very much please you repair it.I realy wants have this ovens too.Thank you for understanding me.

kooky panda
04-21-15, 11:09 AM
The appliances were rewards for old goals which are now expired. If you did not complete those goals, you will not be able to unlock them. :(

deekathleen
04-21-15, 11:17 AM
Why are some people saying they were not even playing when these goal ovens were offered able to get them now then?

twospoons
04-21-15, 12:05 PM
for those who read this thread before the others, recipes are not expiring, just the ovens & decor.

and ovens were not intended to be released to those who did not complete the goals at the time they were active (no word yet on why some people who didn't do the goals got them anyway).

keio_b
04-21-15, 02:02 PM
The appliances were rewards for old goals which are now expired. If you did not complete those goals, you will not be able to unlock them. :(

hmm, I did not do the goals, yet I was able to purchase and build both appliances (last week) with every (all 3) recipe UNlocked on both

perickos
04-21-15, 02:29 PM
I'm Mexican, I want these please !!! :( which version of IOS or Android are installed and are unlocked the Puebla Appliances ?
How long we have wait to get those ??? really sad here .

bacon_narwhal
04-21-15, 03:03 PM
This is NOT FAIR. Whatever you intended to do (which I assume was just retire the items) is not what happened.

So you basically have most of your players with access to something they see as a LTO, and the rest of us are just out of luck?

I have spent a shameful amount of money with your company (well over 1K), across 5 games, but there are more & more issues that just make me want to spend my money elsewhere.

The way you solve this is to allow access to ALL players. You already messed up, and with over half of players getting the items, the others should have the chance as well.

Seriously, TL. Fix this the RIGHT way.

matrixkitten
04-21-15, 03:18 PM
I was holding my tongue until official statement was made, but now that a mod replied I will share my two cents.

This is extremely unfair, to say the least. I did not complete the goals, as I just started playing recently, and do not have access to these appliances. However, some of my neighbors who started playing after I did and are lower level are able to build them. I get requests for the Puebla parts all the time now! This is very disappointing and quite disheartening.

I sincerely hope that S8 will make these machines available to all.

deekathleen
04-21-15, 03:33 PM
It would at least be professional to acknowledge what is going on, instead of just pretending to not see what is being posted.

myferngardens
04-21-15, 03:52 PM
I was holding my tongue too. Not anymore. Shameful how this is being handled. S8 you took something I thought was very praiseworthy and made it into a giant mess. Its a great idea to offer all these goal ovens and prizes a second time around as an LTO. just roll with your amazing unintentional idea and open it all up to all players. Make it right.

ojapple96
04-21-15, 06:12 PM
It seems every other week some major issue is coming up and it makes me concerned that things are not going well with the roll over to Storm8 or even worse I wonder if with the change over they have limited the staff to support BS and that's why there are so many problems of late. I LOVE the LTO's and sales we've been having but as another poster here indicated it also has caused quite a bit of stress and ill will when there is simply silence. Up until this fiasco once the issue was brought to light efforts were made to equalize things but this time around the general silence on the issue has me a bit more worried. Would Sparkly Octopus or someone at S8 just come on here and tell it like it is so we can move on and enjoy the game? I use this game as an escape from all the bad news going on in the world and would rather keep it that way rather than having it cause aggravation. It is a game loved by so many and the weekly updates are something I look forward to but I'd like to know that there is someone on the other side that cares what the players are experiencing and is responsive.

CroqueDemoiselle
04-21-15, 07:36 PM

Seriously! And you say you work for TL? At least you know that they unlocked and re- released these appliances for a limited time ?

dingychefneedshiredhelp
04-21-15, 07:43 PM
I completely agree with ojapple96. Very well said. I am also a restaurant story player with a kindle who was not offered any sort of goal for the pueblo oven or drink machine. More information is necessary here, as this supposedly was "an old goal" that was just awarded a week or so ago? Someone is not being completely honest here. I mean how OLD can it possibly be? Remember team...we can simply ask our pueblo oven friends, which I shall simply do, for clarity on this matter since the team is not elaborating. Honestly matters, if a mistake was made, own up to it and recognise your daily, loyal players. Players who have made purchases from you and contribute to your business. Most people appreciate honestly and understand that all humans err. Integrity is important! How about some gems to those who missed out? Seriously, would 10 gems really hurt that much, I doubt it. Trust me, your competitors do this and it is the right thing to do. If no error was made, then my apologies, but this explanation just doesn't cut it. Thank you for your time. Best Regards

PrairieGrass
04-21-15, 07:58 PM
Whether or not these were intended to be released to everyone or were only to be a notification that the appliances were being discontinued to those who did the goals at the time, is besides the point at this time. Since so many DID have the opportunity to purchase these who never did the goals, and just as many DID NOT, the RIGHT thing to do at this point is to treat all players equally by extending the time to purchase them and make them available to ALL current players. Just as we received relevant previously released holiday appliances for St Patrick's Day and for Easter, which was so nice, it will make the game more enjoyable for ALL of us to be able to use past Cinco de Mayo recipes. Please TL do the right thing and treat us equally since it appears you TL made some kind of programming error. This time it wasn't even an unfair treatment due to device type, but apparently a completely random way in which some got the oven and drink maker and some did not. I'm trying to be patient here, but your silence TL is not helping!

DJourFemme5
04-21-15, 08:48 PM
I have an android S5 and S3. The S5 BS is able to purchase the appliances but the S3 does not. When I log in to S3 game using the S5 phone, I am still not able to purchase the appliances. When I transfer my S5 games back to the S5, the are available. Not the phone that is the problem but the accounts.

MaryPT
04-22-15, 02:03 AM
Hi, i'm daily player and active.
I see my friends resquest me itens for Pueblo Oven and Drink, but i don't have Pueblos unlock on my store why?

Please say me if is limited or something because i really want them! Thanks!

My ID: MaryPT

minidemon88
04-22-15, 04:05 AM
This is correct. The Puebla Oven is an old oven from a past goal. If you did complete the goal, the oven will be locked in your game.:(

But due to some glitch, some players who didn't complete the goals got access to both the appliances and decors too. Sorry to said, but you're one of the unlucky player who got locked out of it. :(

MaryPT
04-22-15, 06:08 AM
Thanks! Is sad but i understand. :(

joeybasenji
04-22-15, 08:07 AM
Why are 2 of the 3 recipies having a limited time on them? I have done the goals and now I have two recipies saying 2 days left?

MaryPT
04-22-15, 08:35 AM
Why are 2 of the 3 recipies having a limited time on them? I have done the goals and now I have two recipies saying 2 days left?

Joey i see one post and say is not limited the food is forever yours. I think :)

joeybasenji
04-22-15, 10:08 AM
I hope so Will see after 2 days

kooky panda
04-22-15, 10:19 AM
The recipes will be remaining.

deekathleen
04-22-15, 10:21 AM
Any word yet on why some people (who didn't originally do the goals) were able to purchase these ovens while others were not?

deekathleen
04-22-15, 10:23 AM
Disappointed that they are choosing to just ignore this issue.

kooky panda
04-22-15, 10:53 AM
Seriously! And you say you work for TL? At least you know that they unlocked and re- released these appliances for a limited time ?

I am not part of the staff. I am a player like you, but I also use my free time to help out on the forum.

(merging threads together to keep all the feedback on one thread. )

Rosie_573
04-22-15, 11:12 AM
What TL needs to do is have someone come out and explain this whole mess besides kooky trying to do so. It is not fair some have access to appliances and some don't. We players deserve some kind of answer and not just a 'sweep it under the rug' kinda attitude TL is pushing off with this problem.

keio_b
04-22-15, 04:56 PM
What TL needs to do is have someone come out and explain this whole mess besides kooky trying to do so. It is not fair some have access to appliances and some don't. We players deserve some kind of answer and not just a 'sweep it under the rug' kinda attitude TL is pushing off with this problem.

I think it might be prudent to point out that TeamLava doesn't exist as we knew it to. There was an amalgamation of the different brands under the new umbrella of Storm 8 Studios... So it may well be that in this transition, things haven't gone as smoothly as expected for them. They've always done right for us, their clients, and I expect the same treatment, in due time. Both these forums and support have dodged the issues, I do agree that an explanation or some comment is needed.

CroqueDemoiselle
04-22-15, 09:24 PM
I am not part of the staff. I am a player like you, but I also use my free time to help out on the forum.

(merging threads together to keep all the feedback on one thread. )

Thanks for your help and for clarifying that you are a player like us, so you understand how frustrating is that S8 is not answering our questions and comments about this topic.
Do you know if there is another way to contact S8 and all the players can get some answers and be part of the re- release? Thanks

TeaTimeMama
04-23-15, 01:26 AM
HELP!!! Many players don't have access to the re-release of the Puebla Oven and Drink a Machine, me included!! All players should have equal access!! Please fix the glitch ASAP!! Thank you!

deekathleen
04-23-15, 05:07 AM
I don't even really care that much about the ovens. I would probably only buy one of each if I could. What I do find upsetting is the lack of any response about the situation. It is like they are saying, eh none of you are worth our time to respond to this matter so we will just ignore all of you. Not cool.

ZooUdian
04-23-15, 06:26 AM
I don't even really care that much about the ovens. I would probably only buy one of each if I could. What I do find upsetting is the lack of any response about the situation. It is like they are saying, eh none of you are worth our time to respond to this matter so we will just ignore all of you. Not cool.

I totally agree... The ovens are virtual, the food is virtual, we are not gonna die for not being able to purchase them. But respect to the customer should be a real policy of the developers, not virtual. Nine pages of complaints and no answers is such a bad thing for the reputation!
There isn't a pattern about who got or didn't get the damned limited release, so it would be beautiful for them to use an in-game pop-up saying "Hooray!! We apologize and are working to fix this glitch as soon as possible!" Because it's so easy to create pop-ups inviting people to spend gems, offers about real-money-gems-sales, why allowing such a small thing stain the S8 image! It's not enough when millions coins or hundreds of gems vanish into the thin air and are lost forever???

kooky panda
04-23-15, 10:51 AM
Thanks for your help and for clarifying that you are a player like us, so you understand how frustrating is that S8 is not answering our questions and comments about this topic.
Do you know if there is another way to contact S8 and all the players can get some answers and be part of the re- release? Thanks
I have already posted what I was told. Players that did the goals a while back to unlock these appliances are the ones that currently have them unlocked.
I did see only two posts where members are saying that they did not do the goals, but their appliances are unlocked. I am waiting on someone to check those two games.

myferngardens
04-23-15, 10:59 AM
Posted at the same time as you Kooky. Seems like more than two games have the ovens unlocked without completing the goals. I have bunches of neighbors building them, some for the first time.

twospoons
04-23-15, 11:29 AM
not to narc on all the people who posted on the update thread (i'm in here too), but in the "more than 2" argument, here:

They released the puebla oven and drink machine!! I did a litle happy dance when I saw them... Thanks Storm8/TL :-D

The mariachi band too! I never won that prize! Thanks TL!

I bought it for one of the bakeries level 99 but it doesn't show as available for another at 99 and one at 96 was it a fluke release? It shows as locked on two/three bakeries. A friend at level 98 was able to get. Do you need to have created your account by a specific date?

thanks for the heads up on the decor! this was the set of goals right when i joined storyland here, and i totally missed out, so i'm glad to get them now.

Thank you TL for that. I'm so happy!! I was one which didn't make this goal.. So happy finally I have it. I have a hope for the other items from goals too, ovens and decor !

I was not playing when these goals came out (I had not even heard of these games), yet I was still able to buy them today. These stoves were previously locked by goal for me.

Yes, I have it too but I never did the goals at the time. Seems like whenever S8 releases something it takes a day or two to make it to all the different platforms.

I never did the goals, and just bought both appliances. ALL recipes are available to me, nothing is locked...

I never did these goals and just built my first oven.

Soo happy to have the puebla oven finally!!!!

i'm on android, and i'm not sure when these goals was in 2013, i started to play in july, and my first quest was tea time whch i hardly passed through. i got all the stuff right after release yesterday, and i don't have a time on any recipes.

I only just received enough parts for one oven

I'm one of those excited people, so in any case thanks S8! I've wanted the Puebla oven for a looong time

mine are unlocked..feeling sorry for other androiders.who havent got the items...had always wanted to unlock the puebla appliances.

I never completed the goal, and the ovens were always locked for me, but now I'm able to build them, they're no longer locked.

(took out some of the irrelevant parts of the quotes)

LadyEna
04-23-15, 12:06 PM
Personally I am happy they are releasing older items here and in RS! I would like to see more released on IOS! Never had this goal, and now have a few items and ovens.

bakealot003
04-23-15, 02:17 PM
Hi kooky ..i started playing after these goals under discussion. I am on android playing latest version. I have been able to buy puebla oven (no timer on recipe), puebla drink machine (still building), also bought mariachi band lto this past week. I only hv small neighborhood but approx 15 are building these same ovens for 1st time. I was thrilled to get this release presumed it was same asthe fabulous candy hatchery release. Sorry for the troubles for other plsyers on tjis one.

TinkFaintree
04-23-15, 02:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed that since these ovens unlocked (for some), at the same time the 'New Goal' icon has completely disappeared, both on bakery and restaurant? At least it has for me anyway (I'm on Android). Has this happened to anyone else? You know what I mean, don't you, the little icon at the top left which we could tap on to bring up a list of our goals.

PrairieGrass
04-23-15, 02:28 PM
TWOSPOONS, Thanks for putting all those posts together above. It must have taken a lot of time to do. I appreciate your dedication to the rest of us locked out players in helping to get our point across. Those getting the appliances are much greater than even that as we know very FEW players actually come to this forum and even fewer post on threads. Maybe now TL/S8 will see the problem is a BIG one.

KOOKYPANDA, you're a fellow player but also a forum moderator. We look to you to be our connection to the S8 staff and developers of the game in situations like this, and a voice of the players. Maybe that is a bigger role than what you have been given, but please use your position to get our frustration across and to be our ally if possible!

bobbyrae
04-23-15, 02:35 PM
not to narc on all the people who posted on the update thread (i'm in here too), but in the "more than 2" argument, here:

(took out some of the irrelevant parts of the quotes)

Add my two secondary accounts to that list of "more than 2" :
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/877abd159af7be5899ccecbb311f6c82.jpg

jandtandn
04-23-15, 02:38 PM
I hope that the players who were able to purchase these items are not going to be punished for something that is not their faults. I didn't receive any notification that these ovens would only be released for people who completed the goal. I happened to be scrolling through my ovens for appliances to master, saw that these were now available, and purchased them.

I thought it was like all the other ovens that were re-released for a limited time as there was no indication otherwise. I had no idea, until I came to the forums after purchasing my ovens, that S8 made a mistake.

kooky panda
04-23-15, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the list. I have added these to the bug report.
I have not heard anything else, but I did inquire again to get more information.

keio_b
04-23-15, 03:02 PM
I have not heard anything else, but I did inquire again to get more information.

There are several servers hosting the millions of players accounts, they do not reside on just 1. I believe that 1 of these servers was given permissions to allow all the player accts that reside on that 1 server to have access to these old cinco de mayo items. It is not that Storm8 picked and chose these players, IMHO

bobbyrae
04-23-15, 03:06 PM
There are several servers hosting the millions of players accounts, they do not reside on just 1. I believe that 1 of these servers was given permissions to allow all the player accts that reside on that 1 server to have access to these old cinco de mayo items. It is not that Storm8 picked and chose these players, IMHO

Well...it just goes to show that goal related appliances can actually be released to all players, whether they completed the goal to unlock the appliance or not.:rolleyes:

deekathleen
04-23-15, 03:29 PM

Thank you :)

spydre1
04-23-15, 03:37 PM
Did this re-release only happen for people who had already unlocked it, or did you have to be a certain level to have access to it, because I can't get it either, but I wasn't playing on this account when it was originally a goal appliance (it was a goal appliance, wasn't it?).

jandtandn
04-23-15, 03:43 PM
Did this re-release only happen for people who had already unlocked it, or did you have to be a certain level to have access to it, because I can't get it either, but I wasn't playing on this account when it was originally a goal appliance (it was a goal appliance, wasn't it?).

It was a goal item, but it looks like they made some kind of coding error or database error or something.

myferngardens
04-23-15, 04:40 PM
Well...it just goes to show that goal related appliances can actually be released to all players, whether they completed the
goal to unlock the appliance or not.:rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly. I hope this is resolved by making the Cinco de Mayo ovens and decor available to ALL. I also hope that S8 will offer other goal related ovens and decor as second chance LTO's. It's pretty clear that it can physically actually be done. Now it's just a question of will.

twospoons
04-23-15, 06:03 PM
not to be a downer, but i wouldn't hold your breath. not on these ovens specifically--TL is obviously at fault, and given the unequal treatment i fully expect (or at least hope) that pueblo stuff will be released to all.

but they made it clear that they intended not to unlock any of it, just remove it without making it more widely available than it already was. which was what they successfully did in RS last week. i'm not saying they'll never make older goal ovens available, but i think we're more likely to see content removals without re-releases in the near future. but, of course, that's just a guess.

jennrocks1087
04-23-15, 06:14 PM
I have iOS and android don't have it on either 😕

perickos
04-23-15, 06:39 PM
You are right TinkFaintree !!! this happen on BS And RS, because even when there is 0 goals to do, this icon always is on the screen. Good point.
Still waiting for a fair response from Teamlava or S8 whatever.

FrozenTurtle
04-23-15, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone, sorry for any confusion this has caused! These items were not available to everyone this time, but I have shared your feedback with the game team and hope this is something we can bring back for everyone!

deekathleen
04-23-15, 07:38 PM
Really??? Wow, I think no response would have been less insulting rather than to insinuate that we, the players, are confused.

TeaTimeMama
04-23-15, 07:43 PM
So what's happening with the Puebla makers??!!! Still waiting and times a-wasting! Will those of us waiting to access get equal time to reach the goals as the ones who already have access?! Please be fair, S8!

TeaTimeMama
04-23-15, 07:50 PM
What do you mean by "items WERE not available to everone THIS TIME"??!!! Do you mean we who do not yet have access to the Puebla Makers LOST our opportunity because of S8's error??!!! TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED in the unfairness of that!! How can we trust S8 in the future??!!!

poopiepants79
04-23-15, 08:44 PM
I'm nit sure, but was thinking maybe this new oven/drink maker is just for the people that did the goal or didn't finish the goal in time. When the ovens came out a year ago. For me i started last year around june 2014 and i do not have a update for new ovens and tl hasnt responded to my email. If they do respond its usually nonsense and nothing gets fixed.

poopiepants79
04-23-15, 08:46 PM
i'm nit sure, but was thinking maybe this new oven/drink maker is just for the people that did the goal or didn't finish the goal in time. When the ovens came out a year ago. For me i started last year around june 2014 and i do not have a update for new ovens and tl hasnt responded to my email. If they do respond its usually nonsense and nothing gets fixed.

only adding lvl 80 higher and 3 or 4 stars that tip most everyday.

bobbyrae
04-23-15, 09:02 PM
What do you mean by "items WERE not available to everone THIS TIME"??!!! Do you mean we who do not yet have access to the Puebla Makers LOST our opportunity because of S8's error??!!! TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED in the unfairness of that!! How can we trust S8 in the future??!!!

Oh my dear TeaTimMama. You believe it was an error that these items were not released to everyone? No, no, my dear. This was no error. In fact, I expected this answer. I expected no less, really since it is quite in keeping with how things are done around here. We have been told several times by TL staff and moderators that not all content will be released to all players, or that different players will experience different prices for the same content, or that not all players will be able to access limited time offers or that the same gem sales or gem pack prices will not be available to all players. There was a time when not all players were able to access the same recipes or even goals.

So, there we have it. The usual.

Over time you will learn to be a little less liberal about where you put your trust.

bobbyrae
04-23-15, 09:05 PM
I'm nit sure, but was thinking maybe this new oven/drink maker is just for the people that did the goal or didn't finish the goal in time. When the ovens came out a year ago. For me i started last year around june 2014 and i do not have a update for new ovens and tl hasnt responded to my email. If they do respond its usually nonsense and nothing gets fixed.

I didn't start the goal in either of my secondary games. Those games are at level 81 and level 53 respectively. I have both the appliances and the decor in both those games as shown in my previous post. According to Frozen Turtle's response,

Hi everyone, sorry for any confusion this has caused! These items were not available to everyone this time, but I have shared your feedback with the game team and hope this is something we can bring back for everyone!

nbeans
04-24-15, 12:20 AM
Well, I'm done.

In addition to leaving reviews about my experiences with S8 games in Google's appstore and on Amazon, is there a webpage or email address I can write to that people actually read?

Also, I'd like to have my account deleted. How do I make that happen?

These "limited releases" and gem trap shenanigans are in every freaking title from this company that I play and have ruined these games for me.

PrairieGrass
04-24-15, 02:02 AM
Well, I'm done.

In addition to leaving reviews about my experiences with S8 games in Google's appstore and on Amazon, is there a webpage or email address I can write to that people actually read?

Also, I'd like to have my account deleted. How do I make that happen?

These "limited releases" and gem trap shenanigans are in every freaking title from this company that I play and have ruined these games for me.
I play on a Kindle, and I am considering writing to Amazon's customer service, letting them know that we as Android devices, don't get the same game, prices, or play opportunities as iOS devices. Maybe they would look into that. I know it unlikely, but maybe the possibility that Amazon would pull the app from their store for these reasons would cause TL to work a little harder to treat us alike. I don't like paying higher gem prices for new decor (the recent daisy items). I realize this last issue with the puebla items wasn't just an Android or Kindle issue, but I'm tiring of the lack of concern shown toward us customers/ players.
May 5, Cinco de Mayo, is fast approaching. Come on TL/S8, get it together and make it right for ALL players in time for that holiday. All it takes is the will to do it.

TeaTimeMama
04-24-15, 02:38 AM
Thank you for your reply. I'm obviously new at this game and although my bubble has been burst, it's all for good reason: Always best to know the truth, even though it's not pretty. This company's tactics nauseate me to no extent and now I will have to make a decision to either forgive, forget and continue to play or continue to fume and call it quits (how sad). Ethics will eventually win, so will you side with fairness, S8/TL?! After all, when your customers purchase your product, they expect to receive it! I've invested in this game, as my fellow players have, and enjoyed it until discovering we're being *****ed. I do hope this company gets their act together! For those of us who have lost out on the Puebla makers and for others who have lost out on so much more, compensation should be made... how about another re-release on the same makers, offering to every player?! But according to what I'm hearing from you, bobbyrae, maybe we shouldn't hold our breath. Again, thank you for your time. No further reply is necessary. A final comment to S8/TL: Faith is quickly fading - hear us or lose us!!!

sls0991
04-24-15, 03:17 AM
I play on a Kindle, and I am considering writing to Amazon's customer service, letting them know that we as Android devices, don't get the same game, prices, or play opportunities as iOS devices. Maybe they would look into that. I know it unlikely, but maybe the possibility that Amazon would pull the app from their store for these reasons would cause TL to work a little harder to treat us alike. I don't like paying higher gem prices for new decor (the recent daisy items). I realize this last issue with the puebla items wasn't just an Android or Kindle issue, but I'm tiring of the lack of concern shown toward us customers/ players.
May 5, Cinco de Mayo, is fast approaching. Come on TL/S8, get it together and make it right for ALL players in time for that holiday. All it takes is the will to do it.

If the app was pulled for the store for android devices (or whatever you play on, I'm on IOS so I have no idea about android or what stores/marketplaces they use), there would be a LOT of PO'ed people that have spent a lot of money and still play/like the game that would probably have some words with you for even suggesting that.. I don't want to see anyone get personally attacked on this forum, but I really think your comment is doing a disservice to android players that love their bakeries and the app and still play daily and are loyal to the game. It's almost offensive. If someone suggested Apple taking bakery story or other S8 games out of the app store just to prove a point.. i would be very upset, because I have spent a good amount of money and if that was just erased for no good reason... well, I wouldn't be very happy let's just leave it at that.

I do agree with you on many points though. I believe in player equality for all on all devices, but no one is forcing us to use these apps or to even spend money on them.. so just remember that quitting is still an option and you can always come back to it in the future if you choose to.

PrairieGrass
04-24-15, 04:07 AM
Sls0991, I'm sorry if you felt I would want to hurt other players. I wouldn't. Even I would have to get a different device if Amazon didn't have the app! I also said that it would be unlikely that Amazon would do that, after all Storm8 is a highly regarded mobile gaming company and Amazon gets a cut of the $ every time I purchase gems. I'm still holding out hope that Storm 8 will care and fix this.

deekathleen
04-24-15, 04:56 AM
I read the amazon reviews before buying or downloading stuff. Just saying. I know there is a pop up that constantly asks me to leave them five stars. But not all apps get a five star rating, sorry for any confusion.

perickos
04-24-15, 05:05 AM
I lost the hope that they will re-release the Puebla appliance, today has disappeared these items even Locked from the appliances & decor pages. Also appears again that icon with new goals to get (only if you get the app from google store, because from Amazon store still doesn't appear)
The answer from S8 or teamlava whatever they are, is ...."sorry for any confusion this has caused! These items were not available to everyone this time" ?????!!!!! which kind of response is that ???? don't insult my intelligence, the customers like me whom doesn't get the Puebla items are not people of 2nd category.

myferngardens
04-24-15, 05:54 AM
Wow. My jaw is on the floor. I am picking up my teeth. Why the hard stubborn stance on this frozenturtle? Can you help us understand S8's vision or conviction or master plan here. From where I sit this looks kamikaze. Seriously. People love their bakeries. Love their neighbors. Being excluded from the Cinco de Mayo things hurts. You are playing with peoples emotions. Dont you see that? If this were the coffee shop goal prizes/ ovens and some people, who didn't do the goals, accidentally got them unlocked but I was left out in the cold, I would quit. I would never spend anymore. I would leave it all. Even though I love it. The Cinco de Mayo mess might have been a mistake or bug or error but you need to fix it. Again I ask why? Why the hold out? Second chance goal LTO's are one of the best things S8 ever accidentally thought up. Why not just do it up right? Be hero's not zeros.

deekathleen
04-24-15, 06:10 AM
I'm more disappointed by the fact that they are trying to make it seem like we were just confused and not the admission that they made an error. Shows a real lack of respect for the customers.

darko5
04-24-15, 07:05 AM
Well, you can all call me delusional... but I still hope S8 will make it right for all of us in time for the next 5th May (Cinco de Mayo)..
I will be very disappointed otherwise:(

bobbyrae
04-24-15, 09:28 AM
Ethics will eventually win, so will you side with fairness, S8/TL?! After all, when your A final comment to S8/TL: Faith is quickly fading - hear us or lose us!!!

You should know that no one has ever successfully accused TL/S8 of being fair. :) Neither has anyone ever been successful in the "hear us or lose us" request. TL has never seemed to care whether it loses existing customers or not since new customers come on board buying gems every day.

I play on a Kindle, and I am considering writing to Amazon's customer service, letting them know that we as Android devices, don't get the same game, prices, or play opportunities as iOS devices. Maybe they would look into that. I know it unlikely, but maybe the possibility that Amazon would pull the app from their store for these reasons would cause TL to work a little harder to treat us alike. I don't like paying higher gem prices for new decor (the recent daisy items).

It has always been the standard practice and policy apparently that different players will see different prices for the same things. There are so many threads in this forum where one moderator or another has said it. Probably is even in the Terms of Service too. Not sure that the app will be pulled. Since I play for free I'd hate to see the app pulled.

Wow. My jaw is on the floor. I am picking up my teeth. Why the hard stubborn stance on this frozenturtle? Can you help us understand S8's vision or conviction or master plan here. From where I sit this looks kamikaze. Seriously. ... The Cinco de Mayo mess might have been a mistake or bug or error but you need to fix it. Again I ask why? Why the hold out? Second chance goal LTO's are one of the best things S8 ever accidentally thought up. Why not just do it up right? Be hero's not zeros.

I'm more disappointed by the fact that they are trying to make it seem like we were just confused and not the admission that they made an error. Shows a real lack of respect for the customers.

Lol. Because it wasn't an error. It was released to some players, probably intentionally. As TL is wont to do. This isn't the first time and, alas, from experience, is not likely to be the last time this is done.
No one has ever accused TL of showing respect for the customers either. Lol. Ever. They'll never get an award for customer service, that's for sure.

FrozenTurtle
04-24-15, 11:38 AM
Please remember to keep your discussion on the topic of these items and any direct feedback pertaining to it. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Wow. My jaw is on the floor. I am picking up my theeth. Why the hard stubborn stance on this frozenturtle? Can you help us understand S8's vision or conviction or master plan here. From where I sit this looks kamikaze. Seriously. People love their bakeries. Love their neighbors. Being excluded from the Cinco de Mayo things hurts. You are playing with peoples emotions. Dont you see that? If this were the coffee shop goal prizes/ ovens and some people, who didn't do the goals, accidentally got them unlocked but I was left out in the cold, I would quit. I would never spend anymore. I would leave it all. Even though I love it. The Cinco de Mayo mess might have been a mistake or bug or error but you need to fix it. Again I ask why? Why the hold out? Second chance goal LTO's are one of the best things S8 ever accidentally thought up. Why not just do it up right? Be hero's not zeros.

Thanks for sharing! I did pass along the feedback and this is something that is in discussion. We're sorry about these items not being available to everyone this time, but this is feedback is very valuable to us. :)

jerryandjen2013
04-24-15, 03:02 PM
I am on Android also and still cannot buy the Puebla set, I don't think its fair that only some ppl can get it and some can't lol can this be fixed?? And if so can we get the 7 days like everyone else? Thanks! And anyone who needs neighbor add me jerryandjen2013 ... I also play Restaurant Story

kripzcafe
04-25-15, 10:46 AM
I am on Android also and still cannot buy the Puebla set, I don't think its fair that only some ppl can get it and some can't lol can this be fixed?? And if so can we get the 7 days like everyone else? Thanks! And anyone who needs neighbor add me jerryandjen2013 ... I also play Restaurant Story

Do I need to hop on iOS and purchase these? Kinda unfair how iOS get's items before us, then if they have an android they can continue goals/completing more sets on it, having an advantage of already getting it on iOS

but I can't really complain if someone does have both aswell.

deekathleen
04-25-15, 06:35 PM
It wasn't just an android/ios issue.

garfield11234
04-26-15, 03:03 AM
I also had neighbours, asking for Pueblos oven & drinks machine, which mine was locked, now it has gone, I see that I am not the only one, please do something about this, your player x

PrairieGrass
04-26-15, 05:22 AM
Originally I wanted the puebla appliances like many of my neighbors and I really thought the problem would be fixed like it was when the candy hatchery was released and many didn't get it at first, including me. However, as time went on and nothing was done and a response was slow and inadequate, it wasn't about the appliances anymore. I can live without them. I had a post edited and 2 responses to other posts removed and I just didn't expect such a reaction by Storm 8. This is not how American businesses (which Storm 8 is) usually handle customer service issues. Add to this the lack of response to gem traps and other problems. I'm questioning whether to continue with a game I really enjoy but with a company I've completely lost respect for.

jerryandjen2013
04-26-15, 09:23 AM
Yea, I checked to see if it was unlocked yet and now it has completely disappeared from the appliance tab. Does this mean its being worked on or what? So frustrating lol

garfield11234
04-26-15, 11:10 AM
I also did not get the Pueblos Cooker or drinks machine, I was told it was only for a few days, but it was still locked, (I have an Apple Pad, would that make any difference) but now these machines have gone, will you please do something about this.

pieandcream
04-28-15, 10:38 AM
no they werent, frozenturtle said they were only available for certain players, not everyone and not everyone who did the goals.

they were only available for certain people? how did they classify the "worth giving opportunity to" and the not?

aiyoosha
04-28-15, 11:04 AM

bump post.

pieandcream
04-28-15, 11:30 AM
bump post.

yeah that didn't say anything about why old players that were playing at the time could buy the ovens as well as "some" players that did not play BS at the time. Hence people (the ones that didnt play at the time the goals were out and couldnt buy it last week when other new players could) are complaining about how unfair it was. S8 has done nothing about this. not even a 'we will look into this' message.

bobbyrae
04-28-15, 11:57 AM
they were only available for certain people? how did they classify the "worth giving opportunity to" and the not?

TL/S8 has always maintained that not all players will see the same things in their respective games. That includes gem sales, offers, prices, decor, appliances, chairs, tables, counters, recipes, you name it.

S8 has done nothing about this. not even a 'we will look into this' message
Because S8 has no intention of doing anything about it. It has always been done this random way so chances are there will be no looking into anything.

twospoons
04-28-15, 03:11 PM
TL/S8 has always maintained that not all players will see the same things in their respective games. That includes gem sales, offers, prices, decor, appliances, chairs, tables, counters, recipes, you name it.

But there are acceptable kinds of "unfairness". Most items are offered equally to all players (with the exception of bundles and bundle-related decor, which I still object to, although I appreciate S8's efforts to be more fair last time). Gem offers, which occur at random, are luck of the draw. If you don't get one today, you will another day.

There's an exception for timed content (either from expired goals or version releases in Android), but even there, there are easily predictable rules. If you were playing at the time, you have it. If you weren't, you don't, unless they choose to re-release it. But this re-releasing to SOME players, with no logical reason for why we were lucky, was messy and rude.

You're not wrong, of course, S8 covers their butts as every company does. But just because they put up a message about how they're sometimes unequal, doesn't mean we should put up with their inequality.

I just really wish they had done the right thing, and remain disappointed in their actions.

deekathleen
04-28-15, 03:40 PM
Very well said two spoons.

deekathleen
04-28-15, 03:49 PM
I mean seriously, it is not like they are tangible items that they ran out of. They are graphics. Why risk ill will and negativity towards their company over something that has no monetary value just to avoid admitting they messed up. Makes no business sense to me. I don't even really care about the ovens that much. I do care about good customer service and honesty though. I just won't make any gem purchase this month. They may not notice but I will, so that is all that matters.

whoviankat
04-28-15, 05:57 PM
Ummm.... all the puebla parts just showed up on my giftable list. They weren't there earlier today or any other time in the past week+ since the fiasco started and my neighbors started asking for the parts. (I'm a new player on Android and never had those goals, nor was I able to purchase them recently)

Curiouser and curiouser....

GarfieldandPookie
04-28-15, 06:48 PM
I'm on IOS, and I just got the parts to gift also.

bobbyrae
04-28-15, 07:17 PM
You're not wrong, of course, S8 covers their butts as every company does. But just because they put up a message about how they're sometimes unequal, doesn't mean we should put up with their inequality.

I just really wish they had done the right thing, and remain disappointed in their actions.

We shouldn't put up with it at all, I believe. But we also shouldn't be shocked when it happens and when we have no real response from the company when we voice our objections, because the usual response is, "not all players will have the same experience and things in game". I think that's an actual quote from a moderator when the different pricing for gems, food and decor was discovered.

I mean seriously, it is not like they are tangible items that they ran out of. They are graphics. Why risk ill will and negativity towards their company over something that has no monetary value just to avoid admitting they messed up. Makes no business sense to me. I don't even really care about the ovens that much. I do care about good customer service and honesty though. I just won't make any gem purchase this month. They may not notice but I will, so that is all that matters.

I once said in another thread, "It's as if they live for controversy." :D They seem to thrive on it.

The parts are back it seems, so let's see what happens next :p

Sb1957
04-29-15, 03:33 AM
I have the parts available now, am on Android but the Pueblo ovens have disappeared, what's the point now? My neighbours are sending me MORE things that I don't need any longer, WHAT'S GOING ON S8??????

Lenn_ann
04-29-15, 04:23 AM
I think they will do another Cinco de Mayo goal next week, and the parts are in prevision of that. Or else I don't see why...

QueeNiaHotShots
04-29-15, 04:56 AM
I really wish that since I can't build the Pueblo oven that I couldn't gift the parts. How about if you can't build these appliances you Don't have these available for gifting. How about the people who can build this find one another and help Each other! Now that would be a challenge!!

I now have a set of maracas in my inventory forever & won't be able to use it because one of my brilliant neighbors decided to gift them to me and I accidentally hit accept. Which makes me brilliant as well, I suppose!

I also have a useless rose petal that had the began appearing in the gifts from my neighbors last week. I'm sure it's another "favoritism" rose petal oven because it's not in my locked appliances or goals!

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 04:57 AM
Same here, I just noticed we can now gift parts for Puebla appliances but the oven disappeared. Now I'm really getting annoyed. What's up with that? I'm on Android also ...

QueeNiaHotShots
04-29-15, 05:02 AM
Same here, I just noticed we can now gift parts for Puebla appliances but the oven disappeared. Now I'm really getting annoyed. What's up with that? I'm on Android also ...

Have you also seen the rose petals and rose petal pan circulating?

ojapple96
04-29-15, 05:51 AM
I think we just need to sit tight for a few more hours when the release happens and then all will be revealed (I hope!). As has been said previously a little communication would go a long way!

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 05:57 AM
I accept all parts since we never know which part will be needed in the future. There was once a time when "specialty" parts were not welcome as gifts but this isn't the case now. TL/S8 has been re-using specialty parts for new appliances and sometimes re-releasing previously removed appliances so I say take the parts and just leave them in inventory. Can't hurt.

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 08:17 AM
Have you also seen the rose petals and rose petal pan circulating?

Yesss! What is that anyway???

pieandcream
04-29-15, 09:00 AM
Yesss! What is that anyway???

those items are for the rose oven i believe....its not available for purchase atm.

ojapple96
04-29-15, 09:23 AM
those items are for the rose oven i believe....its not available for purchase atm.
I've had petals and rose pan on IOS for quite awhile - the rose oven was re-released late last year for a LTO.

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 11:05 AM
Well...you never see smoke without fire. Hahaha! Good one TL. Really good one.

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 11:10 AM
Wow OK so now I see the Puebla oven and drink machine available but they are 30 gems each. Guess I won't be getting those smh

MaryPT
04-29-15, 11:16 AM

Is only for me? Really we need pay 30 Gems for this machines? is unreal.. I can't put money on game, and is very unfair because others players have machines for free.

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:20 AM
agreed. i wont buy any of the other stuff either ..... i strongly disagree with this. the goal items were for coins before! they should stay for coins!

CassieJo84
04-29-15, 11:20 AM
Seriously? I never post but had to login to see if it was a glitch on my game. 30 gems or in a bundle.

rocketsmama
04-29-15, 11:22 AM
agreed. i wont buy any of the other stuff either ..... i strongly disagree with this. the goal items were for coins before! they should stay for coins!

Well said!

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 11:23 AM
well now everyone has a chance to buy it now. isnt that what you alll wanted?

MaryPT
04-29-15, 11:23 AM

The worst is now we have many gifts for nothing, just take up space in yours inventorys.

deekathleen
04-29-15, 11:24 AM
Wow, way to take an already bad situation and make it worse...........yikes.

MaryPT
04-29-15, 11:25 AM

We are not rich! 30 gems in my country i need pay 20€ in Portugal..

pieandcream
04-29-15, 11:26 AM
We are not rich! 30 gems in my country i need pay 20€ in Portugal..

yeah dont spend it on the appliances, save the money...wait for a steam sale or donate it for a good cause! you get WAY more out of that amount of money that way!

kripzcafe
04-29-15, 11:27 AM
Lmfao.

davidyagi
04-29-15, 11:29 AM
Well...you never see smoke without fire. Hahaha! Good one TL. Really good one.

Apparently, TL/S8 changed April Fool's Day to April Fool's Month...

davidyagi
04-29-15, 11:30 AM
Seriously? I never post but had to login to see if it was a glitch on my game. 30 gems or in a bundle.

30 Gems each appliance. And Puebla Tables and Chairs, the Pinata and the Mariachi Band too...

FrozenTurtle
04-29-15, 11:31 AM
Thanks for sharing your recent feedback about the Puebla Oven and Puebla Drink Maker! We've re-released them again for a limited time, in addition to other items, in our new Item Bundle. To make sure everyone has access to these items we released the items separately for Gems. This is an effort to keep things as fair as possible for both everyone. Enjoy decorating for Cinco de Mayo! :)

kripzcafe
04-29-15, 11:32 AM
Apparently, TL/S8 changed April Fool's Day to April Fool's Month...

What did they do for April fools? anything?

kripzcafe
04-29-15, 11:33 AM
Thanks for sharing your recent feedback about the Puebla Oven and Puebla Drink Maker! We've re-released them again for a limited time, in addition to other items, in our new Item Bundle. To make sure everyone has access to these items we released the items separately for Gems. This is an effort to keep things as fair as possible for both everyone. Enjoy decorating for Cinco de Mayo! :)

Fair? Pllllllllz. I'm sure they've always been bought for coins and never gems as I see today

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 11:34 AM
What did they do for April fools? anything?
Every day could be April Fool's day in TL world :) Seems like this week was Extra Special Fool's week. :)

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 11:36 AM
ayy lmao

claire1745
04-29-15, 11:36 AM
I went to buy them and realized in the nick of time that it said gems and not coins! Insult to injury.

Rosie_573
04-29-15, 11:41 AM

I can understand making the decor for gems, but ovens/drink mixers? 30 for JUST 1 appliance is absolutely crazy!

davidyagi
04-29-15, 11:43 AM
Every day could be April Fool's day in TL world :) Seems like this week was Extra Special Fool's week. :)

Best post of the week...:D

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 11:47 AM
I can understand making the decor for gems, but ovens/drink mixers? 30 for JUST 1 appliance is absolutely crazy!

I totally agree! How is that fair for everybody, not all of us have a lot of gems, and I wanted to buy a few of each but there's no way I can do that now. This makes me so .... ugh!!! Beyond mad!

ojapple96
04-29-15, 11:47 AM
yeah dont spend it on the appliances, save the money...wait for a steam sale or donate it for a good cause! you get WAY more out of that amount of money that way!

I'm still out of the loop on what a steam sale is lol

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 11:50 AM
I'm still out of the loop on what a steam sale is lol

pc games loool

lauraleighashby
04-29-15, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this comment was meant to be condescending or you just really missed the point of the uproar which was more about fairness and lackvof company response. And releasing these items now for gems to people that could not get them on the release snafu for coins is not fair. 30 gems to be able to earn six per appliance??? Nah.

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 11:56 AM
Not sure if this comment was meant to be condescending or you just really missed the point of the uproar which was more about fairness and lackvof company response. And releasing these items now for gems to people that could not get them on the release snafu for coins is not fair. 30 gems to be able to earn six per appliance??? Nah.

it was meant for everyone wanting the chance to buy them, now everyone has a chance.

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 12:01 PM

True, but they shouldve made it for purchase with coins not 30 gems apiece! That's ridiculous! Just sayin

pieandcream
04-29-15, 12:13 PM
it was meant for everyone wanting the chance to buy them, now everyone has a chance.

great idea. lets take that a step further. here you go people...water, 1l = 20 cents. but NOT for everyone...just some. oooh we re so sorry.....we re fair, we care....here we will re-release water for you..... 1l - we ll take your car in return.
THAT's what they re doing! yes, i clearly exaggerated (so please dont come back with "its just a game..., how can you compare rl to game"etc. was just in order to get the point across. but its the SAME PRINCIPLE!

ooh you like that do you? lets remove it from the market and offer it to you again, but for way more than before.....but hey, we re fair since now everyone can have it. lamest excuse ever XD

Fikkie55
04-29-15, 12:17 PM
We will just have to sue them......this must be a joke, otherwise they are walking a very tuin line!

therealbadjujubee
04-29-15, 12:20 PM
30 gems for each appliance??? Really??? That is just ridiculous! Way to add insult to injury! Who in their right mind came up with this idea. it's like saying yes, we are here and we've seen your complaints. we know we screwed up with our glitched release and now we're fixing it but you're just going to have to pay for our mistake (real $$$ for gems). uuugh. let's see... 15,000 virtual coins for each appliance for everyone else and for you fools that got screwed over the 1st time, 30 gems. Nice!

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 12:25 PM
great idea. lets take that a step further. here you go people...water, 1l = 20 cents. but NOT for everyone...just some. oooh we re so sorry.....we re fair, we care....here we will re-release water for you..... 1l - we ll take your car in return.
THAT's what they re doing! yes, i clearly exaggerated (so please dont come back with "its just a game..., how can you compare rl to game"etc. was just in order to get the point across. but its the SAME PRINCIPLE!

ooh you like that do you? lets remove it from the market and offer it to you again, but for way more than before.....but hey, we re fair since now everyone can have it. lamest excuse ever XD
loooooolz

lauraleighashby
04-29-15, 12:34 PM

LOL....funny and well put.

jandtandn
04-29-15, 12:38 PM

Completely agree. While everyone "can" purchase these items now, it is not what I would call "fair."

Lenn_ann
04-29-15, 12:38 PM

Haha really good pie x)

patzycorona
04-29-15, 12:42 PM
sooo da price of da ovens are 30 gems right...? but is that the price for androids only or iphones 2?

aiyoosha
04-29-15, 12:50 PM
sooo da price of da ovens are 30 gems right...? but is that the price for androids only or iphones 2?

for everyone

Lenn_ann
04-29-15, 12:53 PM
I think for both and it better be at leat they would not make people even angrier about this fake "re-re-release"...

ilaria2464
04-29-15, 12:54 PM
Hahahahhahahah I nearly died when I saw this bull. How is it fair that last week I bought the decor, table, chair, counter, and appliances for COINS. Now everyone else has to pay gems for EVERYTHING! This is such a joke. I have been slowly playing this game less and less because of real world things, and this is definitely not drawing me back in. Please make the goal next week be good.

therealbadjujubee
04-29-15, 01:00 PM
30 gems for each appliance??? Really??? That is just ridiculous! Way to add insult to injury! Who in their right mind came up with this idea. it's like saying yes, we are here and we've seen your complaints. we know we screwed up with our glitched release and now we're fixing it but you're just going to have to pay for our mistake (real $$$ for gems). uuugh. let's see... 15,000 virtual coins for each appliance for everyone else and for you fools that got screwed over the 1st time, 30 gems. Nice!

if i can purchase 216,000 coins for 10 gems, that essentially comes out to 648,000 coins per appliance! Hahahahahaha!

Natasha_07
04-29-15, 01:00 PM
I'm all for everyone having the same stuff & opportunities, but weren't there a lot of players who asked for old appliances to be re-released and they'll gladly pay GEMS for them ?

TL listened & delivered, so...
Next time ask for re-released items at the same price or discounted. :)
& be careful for what you ask for...! :D

I feel bad for the people who have it only for gems, as I have mastered those since they came out.

CuteTali
04-29-15, 01:04 PM
Now we can all thank all those players who literally begged TL to bring back old appliances for gems. Appliances should never be sold for gems, especially when the profit from those recipes is so ridiculously low.

ZooUdian
04-29-15, 01:04 PM

OMG you can't be serious... First the glitch, then the silence, now this To make sure everyone has access to these items we released the items separately for Gems, LOL! LOL! You MUST be kidding!! I don't know about the others, but I prepare THOUSANDS of dishes with the main purpose of getting gems, to expand or to buy cute things. Each appliance with 3 recipes will give SIX GEMS only. What's the point about spending 30 gems on a single one, c'mon, sounds more like a revenge due to all the things that were said in this post, lol, I'm done with this cinco de mayo...

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 01:05 PM
I'm all for everyone having the same stuff & opportunities, but weren't there a lot of players who asked for old appliances to be re-released and they'll gladly pay GEMS for them ?

Exactly!! I know for a fact there were so many many calls for this to happen. I was against it entirely and said the goals should be available to all players on an equal and free basis. I even issued that same warning that they needed to be careful what they asked for, especially where this company is concerned. Well folks, here it is On a 30 gem platter too. Lol.

CuteTali
04-29-15, 01:12 PM
And that's 30 gems per each individual oven!! I like to have all my slots wit the same ovens, so buying 18 of these for each of these two ovens times 30 gems each machine ends up being 1080 gems!!! It's not like the recipes earn you gems back either, this is far from being reasonable.

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 01:13 PM
Hahahahhahahah I nearly died when I saw this bull. How is it fair that last week I bought the decor, table, chair, counter, and appliances for COINS. Now everyone else has to pay gems for EVERYTHING! This is such a joke. I have been slowly playing this game less and less because of real world things, and this is definitely not drawing me back in. Please make the goal next week be good.

I noticed last week a LOT of my neighbors had that stuff too and I am pretty sure they weren't using gems to buy it. That is definitely not fair to the rest of us, they seriously need to change it to coins for purchase!!!! Thanks for pointing that out BTW :-)

dingychefneedshiredhelp
04-29-15, 01:43 PM
Yes, I agree you can't offer this to some folks as coins and not others. I emailed team lava about this originally and I guess I missed out because it was an old goal. When I chatted with my in-game friends (who purchased the pueblo items) they stated they didnt need to complete any goals the items just "showed up for sale". I am not going to buy something with gems especially when some people didn't have to use real money. I just don't feel that is right. I really appreciate team lava and the games they create, but can't understand why there had to be such a division here with this once freebie. I guess I just have to miss out on this one.

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 02:00 PM

You'd be surprised to know that the idea came from players themselves right here on this forum. Shocking, isn't it? Indeed, some players were even willing to pay more than 30 gems.

matrixkitten
04-29-15, 02:07 PM
Wow. Well, I am not buying these appliances, no way. It's ridiculously unfair.

Now, I just wish the gifts for the Pueblo stuff wasn't at the front of the queue. Many of my neighbors are beginning to gift it and I am missing out on useful items.

MaryPT
04-29-15, 02:17 PM
Their attention is so good they moving the post, and do not comment anything about it.
So many players complaining for nothing!
There are children playing these type of games they have any idea? Where they will get the gems? Parents' credit cards?

It is to laugh.

FrozenTurtle
04-29-15, 03:17 PM
Please remember to keep the discussion on-topic for the re-release of the Puebla Oven and Puebla Drink Machine. Any other posts will be removed.

LalaSmooth
04-29-15, 03:23 PM
Why did you bring it back twice?? At least bring back the world game oven tooooo. I only have 2 of those

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 03:42 PM

OK yes it is re released to all of us ... but can you explain why players LAST week were able to purchase for 12,000 and 14,000 coins ... and then after so many complaints its finally available to the rest of us for 30 gems??? How is that fair? I'm honestly asking because I really want to know.

larrralee
04-29-15, 03:44 PM
Don't you just love how now that the ovens are no longer available they've made the parts available to gift

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 03:48 PM

I feel bad for the people who have it only for gems, as I have mastered those since they came out.
Good point, for those who did say they would pay out in gems. I however, do not think its OK when a week ago ppl were able to purchase the Puebla oven and drink machine for coins. Then, after so many complaints, they decided to give the rest of us a chance AND raise that to 30 GEMS! I know a lot of players last week only spent 12 to 14,000 COINS!! I DO get what you're saying, but for those of us who didn't, its not fair.

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 03:50 PM
30 gems for each appliance??? Really??? That is just ridiculous! Way to add insult to injury! Who in their right mind came up with this idea. It's like saying yes, we are here and we've seen your complaints. We know we screwed up with our glitched release and now we're fixing it but you're just going to have to pay for our mistake (real $$$ for gems). Uuugh. Let's see... 15,000 virtual coins for each appliance for everyone else and for you fools that got screwed over the 1st time, 30 gems. Nice!

thats exactly what im saying!!" not fair!!"

Xuihcoatl
04-29-15, 03:55 PM
When did the quest for these even come out? I never saw anything to do with them, just all of a sudden new parts in my gift list and then I go check and 30 gems for each?

Yeah, thats a little expensive, not going to happen, especially when I never got a chance to get them otherwise...

pieandcream
04-29-15, 03:55 PM
naturally....S8 management s****s ^^

pieandcream
04-29-15, 03:57 PM
When did the quest for these even come out? I never saw anything to do with them, just all of a sudden new parts in my gift list and then I go check and 30 gems for each?

Yeah, thats a little expensive, not going to happen, especially when I never got a chance to get them otherwise...

eeeh, 2012?? not sure. more than a year ago for sure ^^, btw.....when they had the goal popped up, all items were for coins + they got gems when completing goal steps (ok, maybe just 2 gems for 1 step, didnt check it all) (not just by mastering recipes).

jerryandjen2013
04-29-15, 04:00 PM
Yes, I agree you can't offer this to some folks as coins and not others. I emailed team lava about this originally and I guess I missed out because it was an old goal. When I chatted with my in-game friends (who purchased the pueblo items) they stated they didnt need to complete any goals the items just "showed up for sale". I am not going to buy something with gems especially when some people didn't have to use real money. I just don't feel that is right. I really appreciate team lava and the games they create, but can't understand why there had to be such a division here with this once freebie. I guess I just have to miss out on this one.

Yea I just think its wrong. I got lots of coins to spend, just like players did last week. But those of us who just got the update its 30 gems. RUDE! LOL

twospoons
04-29-15, 04:28 PM
given the fact that they're doing the same thing in RS and the short turn-around from the content removal, I believe this remove/last chance sale was what they planned to do. some players had been asking for old goal stuff (even suggesting a gem price tag), others were objecting to the possibility, so S8 must have looked at the issue and tried to (a) come up with a compromise position between those 2 diametrically opposed views, and (b) looked at it as another way to convince players to buy gems. [and i did put those in the order i meant, because i'm being nice.]

of course, here, as we all know, they screwed up the content removal stage. assuming this was in fact the plan, when they became aware that they did screw up, they should not have even had a discussion as to whether they should continue on. they should have said, as they have before, "right, our mistake, here are the puebla items for everyone" and tried their new plan next time. some people (like me) would still be complaining about the high cost when they next tried it, others (still like me) would be complaining that iOS got the possible bundle discount, but at least we wouldn't be on this ridiculous and lame endless discussion of why some people just got lucky and others got shafted.

#pueblagate.

GGGStar
04-29-15, 04:39 PM
Puebla-gate just confirms this.

Haha that's exactly what this is!!

I really feel that S8 must not like it's players. The pricing is just so unfair. I feel really bad for the players who didn't get the first re release.

Playing these games should be fun but this has made it a bad experience. This whole fiasco is making me feel like I don't want to play this game anymore. :(

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 04:41 PM
Good point, for those who did say they would pay out in gems. I however, do not think its OK when a week ago ppl were able to purchase the Puebla oven and drink machine for coins. Then, after so many complaints, they decided to give the rest of us a chance AND raise that to 30 GEMS! I know a lot of players last week only spent 12 to 14,000 COINS!! I DO get what you're saying, but for those of us who didn't, its not fair.

Of course it isn't fair. It's ridiculous, of course. But then the ridiculous is the norm here in S8 World. Back in January we had this sense of TL Fairness :

We don't plan on releasing these special appliances to all players at this time - it wouldn't be fair to the player who completed it while the goals were available. Sorry about that!

And now

Hahaha! How S8 measures and defines fairness is a mystery never to be understood.

Originally Posted by bacon_narwhal
Puebla-gate just confirms this.

Love that. #pueblagate. Lol.

therealbadjujubee
04-29-15, 04:43 PM

it came out in 2013 for cinco de mayo, as if that particular holiday only happens once in a lifetime. I spend months on this game with absolutely nothing to do, bored out of my mind. I would LOVE to be able to do the whole cinco de mayo challenge for the puebla appliances and other puebla stuff. I don't understand why they just don't re-release the challenges on a yearly basis when the holiday rolls around again. Give everybody an equal chance to have all the bakery story items by performing the challenges.

30 gems is insane! 648,000 coins is INSANE!!!

bobbyrae
04-29-15, 04:47 PM
Give everybody an equal chance to have all the bakery story items by performing the challenges.

30 gems is insane! 648,000 coins is INSANE!!!

I second that!!

Natasha_07
04-29-15, 04:50 PM

Around April 2013.

dulceria038
04-29-15, 05:31 PM
I don't have access to the release that took place today. It is locked and I can't purchase...I am playing on iOS...

This is not fair...ESPECIALLY when we have never payed any gems for any other old ovens... There had better be an update to reflect the price of the oven in coins...

FrozenTurtle
04-29-15, 05:34 PM
Thank you all for sharing your feedback! I just want you all to know that we pay attention to everything you share. We used this feedback to work with the game team to re-release the items again (this time, for everyone!) in a new Item Bundle. We knew that this wouldn't be fair for Android players, who do not have Item Bundles available, so we also included these items available to purchase separately.

In regards to the cost, please remember, these were goal items which were only available for a limited time. We believe this is the most fair to the players who worked hard to complete the goals when they were originally available, while still allowing any new players to decorate and enjoy these in time for Cinco de Mayo.

If you continue to share feedback, make sure it is constructive and on-topic. Thanks! :)

pieandcream
04-29-15, 05:44 PM
well, given the feedback you were incorrect with your assumptions as even those who had previously completed the goals aren't (at least mostly from what i see) in favor of how your handled this. The continuous "we pay attention" and "trying to be fair" is a poor masquerade for trying to get more money (as in real money) out of players. It is bordering on insulting.

#pueblagate

darko5
04-29-15, 05:49 PM
Dear S8, ovens for gems wont ever work with us! U guys made the puebla itens available for most of my neighbors last week. They never made the puebla goals and got the ovens for money (as it always was and should be). Even if i didnt lost most of my gems in your "gem traps" (an issue which needs to be solved), I would never ever buy appliances with gems.
Also, thank you for making me realize I was too addicted to this game, this pueblagate made me more aware of that fact. I was actually feeling sad and nervous due to being left out of the puebla re release - well, now im free and I no longer care!!!!! Keep the 30 gems each appliances for yourselves and be jolly★

deekathleen
04-29-15, 06:12 PM
I really don't understand the refusal to address that last week, players who never did the goals, players who were not even playing the game when this goal occurred, were able to purchase these items for coins???? I don't think the whole,let's just pretend to not see the posts thing is working out to well.

kooky panda
04-29-15, 06:25 PM
Please keep your posts on topic of the appliances. Off topic posts have been removed.
I think this is now the third warning.

Guys please stay on topic to prevent the thread from being closed so other members that want to post their constructive feedback will have a chance.

GarfieldandPookie
04-29-15, 06:29 PM
I have never seen TL/S8 make so many responses and never address the real issue. The issue is that they were re-released to a small group of players who did not complete the goals for coins. This was upsetting enough. Then, they re-re-released the ovens and other items for gems.

pcancda
04-29-15, 06:49 PM
so ridiculous ,My sister bought them last week and only need money to buy.but it disappeared in ten minutes.I don't know what happened.so my sister is so lucky to meet the machine in just a moment and bought it. But I don't.

pixiegamer
04-29-15, 07:11 PM
Going to add my own thoughts to this. Warning: long post ahead. If you want the short version, skip down to the TL;DR.

Thank you all for sharing your feedback! I just want you all to know that we pay attention to everything you share. We used this feedback to work with the game team to re-release the items again (this time, for everyone!) in a new Item Bundle. We knew that this wouldn't be fair for Android players, who do not have Item Bundles available, so we also included these items available to purchase separately.

In regards to the cost, please remember, these were goal items which were only available for a limited time. We believe this is the most fair to the players who worked hard to complete the goals when they were originally available, while still allowing any new players to decorate and enjoy these in time for Cinco de Mayo.

If you continue to share feedback, make sure it is constructive and on-topic. Thanks! :)

First off, thank you FrozenTurtle (and S8 by extension) for taking feedback, and hopefully taking it into account for the future. It's also insightful to read that the items have been released separately since Android and Kindle players can't buy bundles (at least, that's the connotation I'm deriving). Based solely on this, I'm hoping Android doesn't get bundles for a bit longer if it means being able to purchase more items freely :p

Onto the actual feedback...

But there are acceptable kinds of "unfairness". Most items are offered equally to all players (with the exception of bundles and bundle-related decor, which I still object to, although I appreciate S8's efforts to be more fair last time). Gem offers, which occur at random, are luck of the draw. If you don't get one today, you will another day.

There's an exception for timed content (either from expired goals or version releases in Android), but even there, there are easily predictable rules. If you were playing at the time, you have it. If you weren't, you don't, unless they choose to re-release it. But this re-releasing to SOME players, with no logical reason for why we were lucky, was messy and rude.

I agree with twospoons's post wholeheartedly (emphasis added). From my understanding, it appears that the first iteration of the Puebla/Cinco de Mayo 2013 were meant to be "made available" to the players who already had them, giving them one last chance to buy the items before they disappeared forever. This was more or less supported by Kooky's post from earlier in the thread:

But, clearly, that didn't happen, and some players who hadn't had the opportunity to get the items in the past now did. I'm not sure if S8 has worked out yet how/why the seemingly-random availability was determined, but the fact remains that a lot of players suddenly had these items "unlocked", and a lot of others just didn't. And because the lock/unlock situation wasn't properly debunked (at least, on the forum side), it came across as unfair to the players who couldn't get the items.

I'm really happy that S8 decided to bring the items back for everyone after (presumably) reading on the forums that people wanted them, since, looking back through this and a few other threads, it sounds like that wasn't originally in the cards. So, thank you very much for making them available for everyone! :o However, the "re-release" (put in quotes because I'm not sure the first go-around was supposed to be a release, just a removal) isn't without its own flaws, as many people have commented already.

I'm going to borrow twospoons's words again, because I largely agree with her opinion, and also because she's already said what I want to say. Once again, the emphasis is mine, and I added purple text as what I believe was the context of twospoons's quote:

given the fact that they're doing the same thing in RS and the short turn-around from the content removal, I believe this remove/last chance sale was what they planned to do. some players had been asking for old goal stuff (even suggesting a gem price tag), others were objecting to the possibility, so S8 must have looked at the issue and tried to (a) come up with a compromise position between those 2 diametrically opposed views, and (b) looked at it as another way to convince players to buy gems. [and i did put those in the order i meant, because i'm being nice.]

of course, here, as we all know, they screwed up the content removal stage. assuming this was in fact the plan, when they became aware that they did screw up, they should not have even had a discussion as to whether they should continue on. they should have said, as they have before, "right, our mistake, here are the puebla items for everyone" [for the same prices as displayed in the first go-around] and tried their new plan next time. some people (like me) would still be complaining about the high cost when they next tried it, others (still like me) would be complaining that iOS got the possible bundle discount, but at least we wouldn't be on this [sic] discussion of why some people just got lucky and others got shafted.

#pueblagate.

Admittedly, I am one of the players who suggested bringing back previous goal items for gems. My reasoning behind the gem-pricing, rather than coins, is so there is some sense of fairness for those who did complete the goals at the time they were offered, and those who want the items after the fact but were not able to get them, either because (A) they weren't playing at the time, or (B) they were playing but couldn't get far enough in the goals to unlock those rewards.

Personally, I honestly wouldn't mind if the items, if they were being removed, were offered freely to all players for coins at the time of their removal, as a sort of "last huzzah" for those who had been wanting those items, but I understand not all players feel the same way, and have voiced objections. As a player who would like to buy previous goal items (see Leaf Pile in my signature, hint hint ;)), I wouldn't mind paying gems for the decor I really wanted. If the current decor prices are any indication, I think the prices are pretty fair compared to those for items of similar size and detail (but of course, other players may think differently).

I do not, however, think the prices for the appliances are fair at all, and share the sentiments that the following two players expressed:

And this is largely due to two main reasons.

Firstly, the huge disparity in economics associated with the appliances: each appliance costs 30 gems, for three additional recipes the player can now choose to prepare. However, this is ultimately at the player's disadvantage, because they can only hope to recoup up to 6 gems total, across all quantities of that appliance, by mastering the recipes. Essentially, the math goes like this:

Cost: 30 gems x # appliances purchased
Profit: 6 gems (maximum)
------------------
Net loss: 6 - 30x gems, where 'x' denotes the number of appliances purchased

So, if a player were to buy an appliance, then master all three recipes on it, they'd still be losing 24 gems. And that's assuming they only bought ONE appliance; if they bought two, then their net loss goes to 54 gems.

Since there are two different appliances up for sale right now, we basically have six recipes players can hope to master (if they haven't already). Assuming the recipes are untouched at the time of purchase, players can theoretically make back 12 gems, but they will have still paid 60 gems (30 gems for each appliance) for the opportunity. It's just poor economics, and regardless of how nice the recipes may be, it's just not worth the investment.

(This is also, of course, assuming players have the option to purchase more than one appliance.)

The second reason, and forgive me if this sounds petty, is simply because I just expected better. :(

The first time that (in my years of playing) that pre-Storm8-merge TeamLava re-released appliances (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73371-Bakery-Story-Vote-for-Limited-Time-Re-releases!), they were all made available for coins, with all recipes unlocked and intact. And this was done successfully for not one, not two, but SEVEN re-released appliances (I'm not counting the first Puebla iteration in these):

--The Truffle Maker, back in October 2014
--The Rose Oven, back in October 2014
--The Fruit Chocolate Dip, back in November 2014
--The Truffle Maker and Fruit Chocolate Dip again in February 2015, for the Valentine's Sale (not counted again in the total)
--The Lucky Oven, back in February 2015 for the St. Patrick's Day Sale
--The Candy Cane Maker, back in March 2015 during the Xmas Sale
--The Winter Wonder Oven, back in March 2015, also during the Xmas Sale
--The Candy Hatchery (though this was admittedly after forum feedback as well), most recently in April 2015

Obviously, huge thanks are in order to TL/S8 for having re-released as many old appliances as you have - THANK YOU SO MUCH! But considering how successfully each appliance was brought back, and what their price was (for coins), there was an expectation among players that further re-releases (including this round of Puebla appliances) would follow this pattern of amazingly reasonable pricing. It just doesn't make sense why S8 would choose to re-release appliances for gems, and it's a little saddening because the recipes would be really nice to have. For future re-released appliances (if we'll still get them), I hope TL will continue to make them available for coins.

For what it's worth, I think the removal/re-release pattern for past goal items was executed well with the April 2014 items in Restaurant Story (and thank you as well for making items available to all players there!), but as with Bakery Story, I don't support the pricing of re-released appliances for gems.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :) Or, if you didn't, and you want the condensed version:

TL;DR:
--I can see the logic behind the removal/re-release for all players concept, but I think it was executed poorly and to the dissatisfaction of many players.
--It would probably have worked loads better if the items were actually only released to players who had the original goals the first time around. I hope S8 manages to figure out why so this process doesn't repeat.
--I'm really happy the older items were released at all - THANK YOU!
--I'm okay with decor being priced for gems (understandable, since even in the goals players can pay gems to unlock them quicker), and the gem prices seem fairly reasonable compared to similarly-sized and -detailed pieces on the market.
--PLEASE DON'T RE-RELEASE APPLIANCES FOR GEMS. :( :( :( The math makes NO SENSE, and you had such a wonderful streak of successful appliance re-releases going already... Just no. Please no.

mytsa
04-29-15, 07:41 PM
It is not something about math, we are not doing trades here, you will buy a decor with gems, why not an oven?
I appreciate S8 to re-release the old stuffs for coins, however, can't say it is unfair to re-release for gems, cause we are getting stuffs that we couldn't get originally.

--PLEASE DON'T RE-RELEASE APPLIANCES FOR GEMS. :( :( :( The math makes NO SENSE, and you had such a wonderful streak of successful appliance re-releases going already... Just no. Please no.

pixiegamer
04-29-15, 08:01 PM
It is not something about math, we are not doing trades here, you will buy a decor with gems, why not an oven?
I appreciate S8 to re-release the old stuffs for coins, however, can't say it is unfair to re-release for gems, cause we are getting stuffs that we couldn't get originally.

I'm fine with buying decor for gems because I'm used to seeing decor items already sold for gems. Market items are usually a mix of gem- and coin-items, but rarer decor, like LTOs and higher-end box prizes, are usually sold for gems when they're released individually. Categorizing past goal items as something similar, I'm fine with spending gems for those because to me, they are semi-rare items I would like to display in my bakery.

Appliances, however, I'm used to seeing for coins, and serve a completely different purpose than decor in a bakery. I'll have to respectfully disagree with you; for me, it is partially about the math. Each recipe can earn up to two gems: once when you hit level 2, and once when you hit level 4.

So, for me, spending 30 gems to get an appliance with 3 recipes, which could only get me back up to 6 gems, simply isn't worth it. If we were to compare it to decor: 30 gems could get me a bigger item I could display in my bakery, or let me open a box to receive a prize, both of which I'd much prefer to spend my gems on. Coming back to appliances: the only other appliances that cost gems are basics of different colors, at 15 gems each, or the Forever/Sonic appliances, which both cost 42 gems. Even though they're both expensive, they at least hold the promise that I could make the gems back if I made enough dishes. Plus, the 42-gem appliances have added functionality, which adds to their value and can be used to justify the costs.

I appreciate that S8 does re-release items, and gives players the opportunity to get stuff we couldn't originally. But at 30 gems, I just won't be inclined to buy an appliance with so few recipes on it, and would much prefer that S8 re-release appliances for coins as they have done (successfully) in the past multiple times.

PrairieGrass
04-29-15, 08:47 PM
if i can purchase 216,000 coins for 10 gems, that essentially comes out to 648,000 coins per appliance! Hahahahahaha!

Here is another way of looking at this. Over a week ago ONE puebla oven cost 12,000 coins, so 18 ovens would've cost 216,000 coins. Over a week ago, ONE puebla drink machine cost 14,000 coins, so 18 drink machines would've cost 252,000 coins. I can currently purchase 240,000 coins for 10 gems, so that works out to 24,000 coins equivalent to 1 gem and 12,000 coins equivalent to 1/2 gem. So over a week ago, the equivalent of 9 gems (240,000 - 24,000 = 216,000 coins) would've purchased 18 TOTAL ovens and the equivalent of 10 and 1/2 gems (240,000 + 12,000 = 252,000 coins) would've purchased 18 TOTAL drink machines.
NOW we can get just ONE of each appliance for 30 gems or 18 appliances for 540 gems, roughly 54 TIMES MORE than those able to purchase before. SO that makes 1080 gems for 36 total appliances NOW versus the equivalent of 19 and1/2 gems previously.

No one has to buy 18 appliances, but I used this example for emphasis.
I am on Android and don't get bundles, so if just one of each item were purchased NOW it would cost 4 gems (pinata), 45 gems (mariachi band), 30 gems (drink maker), and 30 gems (oven) for a totals of 109 gems. Pinata was previously 18,000 coins and marachi band was 42,000 coins. (Coin prices for all items obtained from post by bobbyrae on April 23 on page 10 of thread entitled "Re-release of Puebla oven and drink machine.") Sorry, I don't know how to link to it.

In real money in US 105 gems cost $19.99 ($13.99 when on
sale) and 580 gems cost $99.99 ($69.99 when on sale). Some platforms charge an additional tax.
Storm 8, you are crazy! This solution to a problem you created is pure greed.

teammaggie
04-29-15, 09:29 PM
I had the option to buy Puebla items with coins but I'm very turned off by all this. In my opinion if I have an appliance or item etc because I did the goal and then it's offered to other people later for limited time and they buy it without doing the goal, who cares! The more the merrier. This is a game. I look at it as they missed having fun doing the goal but give them the chance to buy it for limited time with COINS. It's a second chance except they missed out doing the goal. To hear all this talk from TL about how it's not fair because others worked hard to do the goal is absolutely ridiculous. We didn't work hard, we were having fun! Let's not forget this is a game so Let's ALL have fun! To offer people the option to buy with gems IS a slap in the face. Very insulting and bad business in my opinion. I have spent more money than I would like to admit and I don't mind because people needs to get paid. TL needs to make money. I don't mind buying gems but I would never buy the Puebla items with gems because it's plain rude to do that to your customers. This is the first time I have been totally turned off.

pieandcream
04-29-15, 10:48 PM
I have never seen TL/S8 make so many responses and never address the real issue.

really? XD well, i agree with amount of responses but S8 has made a habit of avoiding addressing issues. Makes it easier that way to package something up as "for the players, cause we care, we listen" and not real issue of "oh you want that? lets see, how can we use it and try to squeeze more money out of players" #pueblagate

pieandcream
04-29-15, 10:55 PM
I don't mind buying gems but I would never buy the Puebla items with gems because it's plain rude to do that to your customers.

solidarity!

if things weren't as they ve been....i would probably have bought the summer grove (?) or whatever it is. But seeing as it was coins before, always buyable for people who had completed goals and now all of a sudden you re asking everyone for gems? That along with #pueblagate .... sorry but there is no way I am supporting such a below the belt money making model. I wont spend ANY gems on ANY of the items simply out of protest.

PepperWoo
04-29-15, 11:21 PM
The first time that (in my years of playing) that pre-Storm8-merge TeamLava re-released appliances (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73371-Bakery-Story-Vote-for-Limited-Time-Re-releases!), they were all made available for coins, with all recipes unlocked and intact. And this was done successfully for not one, not two, but SEVEN re-released appliances (I'm not counting the first Puebla iteration in these):

--The Truffle Maker, back in October 2014
--The Rose Oven, back in October 2014
--The Fruit Chocolate Dip, back in November 2014
--The Truffle Maker and Fruit Chocolate Dip again in February 2015, for the Valentine's Sale (not counted again in the total)
--The Lucky Oven, back in February 2015 for the St. Patrick's Day Sale
--The Candy Cane Maker, back in March 2015 during the Xmas Sale
--The Winter Wonder Oven, back in March 2015, also during the Xmas Sale
--The Candy Hatchery (though this was admittedly after forum feedback as well), most recently in April 2015

Obviously, huge thanks are in order to TL/S8 for having re-released as many old appliances as you have - THANK YOU SO MUCH! But considering how successfully each appliance was brought back, and what their price was (for coins), there was an expectation among players that further re-releases (including this round of Puebla appliances) would follow this pattern of amazingly reasonable pricing. It just doesn't make sense why S8 would choose to re-release appliances for gems, and it's a little saddening because the recipes would be really nice to have. For future re-released appliances (if we'll still get them), I hope TL will continue to make them available for coins.

Agree with this completely. I know that at least the Winter Wonder oven is part of an expired goal, but it was made available for coins for everyone and even though I finished the 2012 Xmas goals, I have no problem with that oven being re-released for coins for everyone to enjoy. So why do this now, S8? Why release the Puebla ovens for a very steep gem price tag?

Honestly, and obviously I'm not saying that I agree with re-releasing old ovens for gems, I would have been more understanding if the Puebla appliances were re-released for gems outright last week for people who never got to do the goals. Committing a booboo and accidentally releasing those items for coins only to some players and the other half for gems is naturally asking for a controversy. The better approach to fix that mistake this week would have been to just give everyone the same equal chance to get it for coins this time, then correct that problem for the next release whatever it may be. Of course, I'm more than glad to be one of the people who could buy the items last week for coins but I really feel sorry for the others who weren't able to.

Also with the gem price tag in discussion, what is up with the goal items that were previously available for coins to people who actually completed them but are now for gems?! I've mentioned this at the RS update thread but since this thread is probably heavily monitored right now, might as well mention it again (and sorry for the kind-of off topic but not really...? xD). I mean, if you want to be fair to everyone as much as possible, then those people shouldn't have to be burdened by the gem price tag for something that they duly acquired in the past!

ykskoik
04-30-15, 02:15 AM
sigh. i was so excited when i saw the puebla oven and drink machine parts at the beginning of the parts list and now i'm just so disappointed. especially after i read that some people could buy them for coins last week :/ 30 gems is obviously too much

Torkulon
04-30-15, 02:53 AM
Agree with this completely. I know that at least the Winter Wonder oven is part of an expired goal, but it was made available for coins for everyone and even though I finished the 2012 Xmas goals, I have no problem with that oven being re-released for coins for everyone to enjoy.

I never thought that winder Wonder Oven is a part of expired goal. It was always available in Bakery Story Christmas (2012 year's version) for Android. Now it's unfortunately gone from this version, like many other nice Christmas items. For android players this Christmas sale was in fact not sale but removal.

pieandcream
04-30-15, 02:59 AM
So why do this now, S8? Why release the Puebla ovens for a very steep gem price tag?

because it has nothing to do with trying to cater to the community/customers. It is all about trying to find more ways to get us to pay money (as in buy gems with money) for the stuff.

minidemon88
04-30-15, 04:02 AM
Things like this will bound to be happen when I saw the bundle pop-up. It's a joke! My sympathy goes to the unlucky players who didn't get access to the appliances and items for coins last week.

Firstly TL, many players are upset because they know the fact that there's a group of "lucky" players who didn't complete or missed out the goals back then, but got free accessed to both the unlocked appliances and decorations for COINS. Which in fact, shouldn't have happened at all! Okay, be it due to glitch or whatsoever. Players voiced out their frustration and unfairness treatment to them. But you didn't address it and just sweep it under the carpet. Very typical pattern of TL's method. :rolleyes:

There's one solution I can think of, which is to take both the appliances and decorations from the group of "lucky" players who didn't complete or missed out the goals but got accessed to the appliances and items for coins back. Don't you remember TL, that's what you did to some of the players on farm 2 just recently too due to your mistakes?! Ha! That way, players who didn't complete the goal and wanted the items will have to pay for gems. Fair and equal! XD

I'm sure some "lucky" players will hate me for sure. But who cares? Lol

rocketsmama
04-30-15, 06:33 AM
I completed the goals when they came out and was one of the lucky ones to re-purchase when they came back last week for coins. My opinion is as follows....Honestly, I could care less if the "newbies" who didn't complete the goals are allowed the opportunity to be able to get the ovens I had to " work so hard for" (because clicking a few times is such a hard task) It doesn't bother me if a person who just started playing has the same ovens I do. It's not high school and its not like everyone's bakery is decorated the same way. That being said, they then should have the opportunity to purchase ovens for coins. To my knowledge they have never been sold for gems. It's a shallow move.

jerryandjen2013
04-30-15, 09:07 AM

What is unfair is that LAST WEEK the players who could get it bought it with coins, and now that the rest of us THIS WEEK who ow have access to it, have to pay 30 gems per appliance. That is the unfair part.

bobbyrae
04-30-15, 09:30 AM
... Okay, be it due to glitch or whatsoever. Players voiced out their frustration and unfairness treatment to them. But you didn't address it and just sweep it under the carpet. Very typical pattern of TL's method. :rolleyes:

Glitch? :) Careless mistake I think. Lol. Either that or somebody wanted to stir the pot of controversy on the forum for the heck of it. :)

.There's one solution I can think of, which is to take both the appliances and decorations from the group of "lucky" players who didn't complete or missed out the goals but got accessed to the appliances and items for coins back. Don't you remember TL, that's what you did to some of the players on farm 2 just recently too due to your mistakes?! Ha! That way, players who didn't complete the goal and wanted the items will have to pay for gems. Fair and equal! XD

I'm sure some "lucky" players will hate me for sure. But who cares? Lol

I'm not one of the "lucky" players and I don't hate you, but I can't agree with this suggestion either. Those persons legitimately purchased the appliances and so should be allowed to keep them. Penalising them for a possible mistake on TL's part can't be a solution at all. Did they really do that in Farm2?! O.o smh.

Natasha_07
04-30-15, 09:47 AM
EASY FIX:

Give everyone a free box item of their preference to make up for all heart brokenness... Yeah I can only dream! :)

bobbyrae
04-30-15, 09:53 AM
EASY FIX:

Give everyone a free box item of their preference to make up for all heart brokenness... Yeah I can only dream! :)

I suggest that every player receive 600 gems so that everyone could get at least one full set of the appliances. I think that's a fair and easy fix. :p

Ha!

pieandcream
04-30-15, 10:00 AM
EASY FIX:

fail to see how that would fix things.....this goes beyond JUST these (current) items and the glitch.
# Pueblagate is more about how S8 continues to ignore the community and on top of that has the gall to offer vague explanations about how they are listening and caring when in fact all they are doing is trying to find ways to make more money. The way this has been conducted is offensive to say the very least. As if we are that stupid to not see what is actually happening. The unfairness that has resulted from theses practices keeps ever increasing instead of being decreased, what a decent management should be doing.

this is not a personal attack....., natasha, if you feel personally attacked cause i quoted you please let me know! I am just trying to say that this now goes beyond an "easy/quick" solution to fix it.

Natasha_07
04-30-15, 10:11 AM
@bobbyrae

@pieandcream

I was simply joking, not offering an actual solution as I know there won't be any with the amount of mad players. :)

zZ_guera_Zz
04-30-15, 10:23 AM
I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times already so sorry but it's really greedy of TL/S8/whatever to change the Puebla chairs from costing coins to gems. The Puebla chair has never been locked, it's always been available for purchase for coins regardless if you did the Puebla goal or not. The Mariachi display, Puebla table, both Puebla appliances, and the pi?ata were always locked and greyed out, but again, THE CHAIRS NEVER WERE. There's absolutely no reason to change an item from being unlocked for everyone for years and purchasable with coins to only being purchasable with gems. The pathetic excuse will no doubt be that they are "locking all Puebla items" but that won't fly with me because the Puebla chair has never, ever been locked, so that makes zero sense.

I think it is sad that TL is becoming so greedy, especially when so many people are happy to gem voluntarily. *Forcing* people to gem will only lose them players, it will not make anyone more of a fan. I've never purchased gems but I considered it because coming back to the game after a year's break made me realize how much I missed playing and how cool and unique TL games are so I figured why not lend some support to TL. Needless to say, now I've reconsidered.

Maybe something as small as the Puebla chair seems insignificant, but it's not to me. I see it as a sign of whats to come. If TL is playing fast and loose with the Puebla chair it makes me believe other previously unlocked items will suddenly become "locked" on a whim. I understand gemmers are needed to support the game, but as I just mentioned there are plenty of gemmers already that don't mind spending so they should be satisfied with them instead of trying to kick non-gemmers out. This game is so successful because it is unique and fun and those of us who dont regularly buy gems are not as useless as we are treated because if we are happy then we work as advertisers getting more people to play the game. The more advertising us lowly non-gemmers do, the more likely it is you will get more people to play, and with more players you will get more gemmers.

This kind of thing makes me want to start playing different kinds of war-based games that I don't want to get in trouble for mentioning on here so I wont because at least they make the game fun for gemmers and non-gemmers alike and treat all players the same.

minidemon88
04-30-15, 12:01 PM
I'm not one of the "lucky" players and I don't hate you, but I can't agree with this suggestion either. Those persons legitimately purchased the appliances and so should be allowed to keep them. Penalising them for a possible mistake on TL's part can't be a solution at all. Did they really do that in Farm2?! O.o smh.

Yes, they did it on farm 2 as I'm one of the affected player. Though it doesn't cause any impact on me when they decided to take them back. Lol I wouldn't have though of this solution if not for the fact that I know they can just take things back from us. When you did purchased the items legitimately. If they made a mistake, we lose. If we made a mistake, we still lose. :(

Edit: Found the thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80806-Urgent-No-Limits-on-Crops)! Go read it if you're curious. XD

davidyagi
04-30-15, 03:10 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned plenty of times already so sorry but it's really greedy of TL/S8/whatever to change the Puebla chairs from costing coins to gems. The Puebla chair has never been locked, it's always been available for purchase for coins regardless if you did the Puebla goal or not. The Mariachi display, Puebla table, both Puebla appliances, and the pi?ata were always locked and greyed out, but again, THE CHAIRS NEVER WERE. There's absolutely no reason to change an item from being unlocked for everyone for years and purchasable with coins to only being purchasable with gems. The pathetic excuse will no doubt be that they are "locking all Puebla items" but that won't fly with me because the Puebla chair has never, ever been locked, so that makes zero sense.

True and now I have 12 Puebla Tables without Chairs :mad: as I wasn't expected to switch their price this week from coins to Gems... :(

vickieonmaui
04-30-15, 04:48 PM
I was very disgusted when I saw the Puebla appliances available now for 30 gems each. When they first came out lots of us didn't get to buy them. Appliances never cost gems to buy them. After people were complaining that they were unable to access them team lava made them available. A lot of my neighbors are ready to stop playing including me. I will never buy gems again on bakery story and I have spent a lot of money in the past. Team lava just added insult to injury. To make matters worse now my neighbors can send me parts to those appliances. When I emailed team lava I was told those appliances may be available again but they never said they would cost gems. I was asked by some neighbors to complain and so I did. If I were team lava I would fix this right away.

BuddyB111
05-01-15, 01:40 AM
I'm not in the least bit interested in buying standard appliances for gems and it's clear lots of my neighbours think the same. Just hope this is not a sign of things to come.

zZ_guera_Zz
05-01-15, 02:03 AM
True and now I have 12 Puebla Tables without Chairs :mad: as I wasn't expected to switch their price this week from coins to Gems... :(
That's actually exactly my problem. I only bought two to see how they looked and only recently put out the matching tables. Since they were 14,000 coins i thought twice about buying more until I knew I needed them bec I thought the purple and gold Mardi Gras chairs would look better with the Puebla tables anyway. It seriously took me this long to realize the Mardi Gras chairs are in Restaurant, not Bakery!!!
Maybe some day they will do cross promotions where for a limitedf time they could make a chair and table set from restaurant available in bakery and vice versa. That would be soooo cool!