PDA

View Full Version : I'm not staring at your Wood...

beefus
04-17-15, 09:50 AM
Who am I kidding.... yes I am.

With 4 ways to mine rocks and stone out of the ground I always have more than enough Rocky items... so much so that I have an abundance of Big Ole Rocks hanging around my kingdom...

What I am missing is I cannot see my forest through the trees because I've chopped every one of them down just as fast as I can expand to them or grow them...

Yet when I go around the world and view others Kingdoms, everyone has tons of trees, plenty of oxygen for everyone... how do you do it?

With the need for so many items that all use wood, I just cannot stay ahead of it with only two Sawmills...

How do YOU keep all those trees and still build\make all your Pastes and Cements and Beams?

Thanks!

His Royal Highness Beefus of Chiefs Kingdom

ShibuyaCloth
04-17-15, 10:02 AM
I planted a thousand pine trees to chop them down right after that. So I got enough sap & wood to overflow my inventory. Now with some other items it is somewhat easier.

queentina3
04-17-15, 10:05 AM
Right now I have an accumulation of trees that I can get rid of fast enough. I'm always maxed on wood and have been having to use my energy elsewhere, however, one of my problems was that I love the Dead Tree (5 chops and no grow time), so when I was low I tended to buy those and chop them, as they also give gliimmerdust and mushrooms, as well as wood. Lately I've left them alone to try to get rid of some of my excess trees, but have to keep going to the Old Log as I'm in the middle of Sister, Sister and with the Fortune Glimmer Rock, I'm able to not only get some wood, but also glimmerdust, mushrooms, red petals, and glimmer fragmants/shards to then use to get the plants for that goal.

The trees that are overtaking my queendom were from expanding that I left alone because they were pretty and I didn't need the wood at the time, but now there are just way too many that I can't seem to keep up with the energy resources necessary to get rid of them. I honestly wish we could store trees........ :(

ShibuyaCloth
04-17-15, 10:08 AM
Expansion items cannot be sold, so you need to chop them. I get ride of them. If I need trees for deco, I plan new, I can always sell them if I need to get fast space.

CharmOfLea
04-17-15, 10:18 AM
There's only 1 secret in this game: time. The other one is money (in cases time alone can't explain it), but since money=time, it is 1 secret. ;)

For the trees: once u build all ur buildings, moved past their upgrades, put
a comfortable amount of reserves on the side, ur demand will diminish and ull start cursing them because real estate is more valuable in CS than oxygen.

Sometimes I read the U-goals thread and laugh, and admire, and get inspired. I started working on beast statues. Next Halloween I might have 99 in my kingdom, just for spooky fun. :D

reliquary
04-17-15, 10:38 AM
I saw it as a major goal to keep my stone under 50.... It's actually difficult...lol

Keep your workshops busy all the time.....always make more blocks.
Once you max up all your ornate royal and fancy blocks....then worry about trees and sap.

I always wonder why a med level player would be maxed on silver...? They are not making magic cement or royals....lol

Dead trees and *old logs* are awesome but you will need sap.. For awhile I only grew sap trees....hundreds of them:)

withywindle
04-17-15, 10:45 AM
I am one with a fair number of decorative trees. I usually chop them to the before last chop. I get the benefit of the resource wood and am still left with the decorative tree. Win-win as I see it !

beefus
04-17-15, 03:05 PM
Hmmm I see... so you are all preaching "patience" .... ya... that's gonna cut it.

*sigh*

And yes, I had been raising Sap Trees and Red Acers, but now I do Sap and Dead ones and every real tree that I expand to...

And yep, I keep building the Pastes, and Cements... THATSW why I'm always out of wood... 25 to make one Builders paste, or 50 for a Arch Paste so 100 for 1 cement AND to make the beams at the same time...

Makes for one long day standing at the Wood Chipper.

Hey TC\S8 How bout we get a "Hardy Wood Chipper" to put next to the Deep Mines ... get us 4 of each? (Yes I voted)

I know, by the time we get a 3rd or 4th piece of "Wood Love", the "patience" part will have kicked in. ... and I realize by making it take longer you keep me here longer... if I had everything done, why would I log in, right?...

And your not getting rid of me THAT easily...

Peace and MOo!
Beefus

queentina3
04-17-15, 03:36 PM
Hmmm I see... so you are all preaching "patience" .... ya... that's gonna cut it.

*sigh*

And yes, I had been raising Sap Trees and Red Acers, but now I do Sap and Dead ones and every real tree that I expand to...

And yep, I keep building the Pastes, and Cements... THATSW why I'm always out of wood... 25 to make one Builders paste, or 50 for a Arch Paste so 100 for 1 cement AND to make the beams at the same time...

Makes for one long day standing at the Wood Chipper.

Hey TC\S8 How bout we get a "Hardy Wood Chipper" to put next to the Deep Mines ... get us 4 of each? (Yes I voted)

I know, by the time we get a 3rd or 4th piece of "Wood Love", the "patience" part will have kicked in. ... and I realize by making it take longer you keep me here longer... if I had everything done, why would I log in, right?...

And your not getting rid of me THAT easily...

Peace and MOo!
Beefus

Actually I don't preach patience, I say you buy some Dead Wood trees and save 20 energy a day to use exclusively to cut 4 of them down. That is if you're not doing the current event. If you are, then wait until it's over and then put aside 20 energy a day to cut them down. :p

shambalaya
04-17-15, 03:37 PM
Hey, I was chronically low on wood for two years, I believe you need 50.000+ pieces of wood to max out on all beams and glues, not counting how many of those you actually need to use along the way! Chop chop! There's no other way... You can still keep some for decoration though and buy others to chop :)

fiberterian
04-17-15, 06:23 PM
A while back I gave myself the rule that I can't craft any items unless I have at least 60 of what I need in order to make it. That way I'm not depleting a bunch of resources all at once. I'm gradually building up as I go.

Of course if there's a timed challenge for something and I'm not meeting my own minimum requirements...well, all bets are off and it's full tilt to the wind!

beefus
04-17-15, 08:44 PM
I appreciate all your input... and yes, right now I am trying to earn myself a mobile glue factory... so this part of my little world will sit dormant until such time as this series of tasks is completed...

queentina3
04-17-15, 09:04 PM
LMAO @ mobile glue factory!!! I like your set-up, it's very neat and tidy, unlike my queendom's that are more and more becoming disaster areas of "Blimey, now where in the hell can I shove this for the moment?" And that's not a joke. :p

calipitter
04-20-15, 07:24 PM
I am kind of proud of my autumn forest, but each tree really only has one or two chops left. (Even though the rest of my kingdom is an absolute mess right now. )