PDA

View Full Version : Pig on a apt

meredyth888
04-16-15, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one who finds a pig roasting on a spit offensive?

fatbearsecondary
04-16-15, 07:17 PM
What? Why???

What?

queentina3
04-16-15, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but I don't find it offensive. It actually goes very well with the theme. When I was in Hawaii and Aruba, both places cooked pigs on a spit over an open fire all the time. In fact in Hawaii I went to a Luau and had to wear a grass skirt and everything. Had a blast at both places and would love to make it back to them again, someday.....when the kids are grown and off to raise their own families, I guess.

meredyth888
04-17-15, 06:04 AM
Sorry, but I don't find it offensive. It actually goes very well with the theme. When I was in Hawaii and Aruba, both places cooked pigs on a spit over an open fire all the time. In fact in Hawaii I went to a Luau and had to wear a grass skirt and everything. Had a blast at both places and would love to make it back to them again, someday.....when the kids are grown and off to raise their own families, I guess.

I just find it a little bit gross. I don't like to be reminded of where my food comes from yet alone ramming a rod through its bum to its mouth!

cquinn32
04-17-15, 06:47 AM
Nope not offended. People gotta eat

midgetsocks
04-17-15, 10:10 AM
I think it's gross too, but it's personal preference I guess. I have traveled to Hawaii and I remember seeing pig heads for sale in the way they'd have ice cream carts where I am, so I would agree that that is their kind of thing. :rolleyes:

At least you don't have to see the real thing up close.

xenu8
04-17-15, 01:39 PM
Yes, I find it very offensive plus it looks like it is a prize, I hope I can sell it because I don't want it.

queentina3
04-17-15, 02:49 PM
I just find it a little bit gross. I don't like to be reminded of where my food comes from yet alone ramming a rod through its bum to its mouth!

Nice imagery there. Yuck!

Anyways, while I can see where you're coming from, the stick isn't rammed through its bum to its mouth. The legs are actually tied to the stick, and you can even see the apple in the pigs mouth. That is the typical way they do it, actually. For once, I have to say, TL actually got something right, unlike many times in RS 1 where it looks like the recipes don't even look anything like what they're supposed to for a given event. The recent New Orleans theme over there had the recipes look more like donuts. LOL!!

Beecause
04-17-15, 11:15 PM
The pink frosted bagel?

"Can't you just buy your food in the grocery store like the rest of us?"

Funny.

He's cute but I figured there might be some bothered.

Tweaked me just a tiny bit and I hunt and fish but I couldn't farm - I'd name em and get all attached.:rolleyes:

meredyth888
04-18-15, 07:57 AM
I agree.

queentina3
04-18-15, 08:01 AM
The pink frosted bagel?

Tweaked me just a tiny bit and I hunt and fish but I couldn't farm - I'd name em and get all attached.:rolleyes:

Yes, that was so funny!!! It wasn't the first time the food didn't really look like the event theme, but eh.... *shrugs*

I'd do the same, name them and pet them and play with them......then try to stop them from butchering them. *sniffles*

Danielle1163
04-18-15, 04:41 PM
Am I the only one who finds a pig roasting on a spit offensive?

Really? lol

tywin111
04-20-15, 04:06 PM
As it is too cold in US for asian pig, they are giving it some heat and feed them with apple. If you look closely you can see the pig is smiling while playing a really warm swing :)

I now have it in my restaurant.

electronicole
04-21-15, 08:27 AM
No. It's part of their culture.

ElaineCarrel
04-21-15, 08:04 PM
I don't fine it offensive either. Even here in the South ull find pigs either roasting on a rotisserie over a fire or buried in a hole cooking wrapped in foil. Hmm I get hungry just thinking about BBQ.