PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 4/16/15: Choose your Steed!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

mreames
05-08-15, 01:53 AM
I just received an additional 15 gem bonus...some Woodland thing or another...anyone else? Is this another TL/S8 apology, or did I miss something?

It's probably for reaching a certain level in another game.

Chaotarch
05-08-15, 02:55 AM
first collection:

1. browny: 40 energy, 1 longswort, 1 fur
2. browny: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 rattail
3. blacky: 40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
4. blacky: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 creeptooth

second:
1. browny: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 rattail
2. browny: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 rattail
3. blacky: 40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
4. blacky: 40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
5. blacky: 40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
6. blacky: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 fur

Tyxhos
05-08-15, 02:59 AM
Hi everyone,

So I have done all the chores I was given, the corn the strawberries the carrots the horse feed the collecting from buildings the neighbouring the letters of Recommendation the fighting 50 monsters and the gathering of 50 lucky paws. But none of that hard work is worth anything ?
In the end I came short on visiting the jousting arena. I was going to spend 25 gems to get around that.
But it was the fourth of May, the day we remember our WWII victims.
So I failed the closing deal :(
But all the hard work isn't worth anything ? It's 999 gems for a horsie ?
Very disappointing !
I think the price for a horse should depend on how much of the chores was actually done.
I wanted to share this with you.
Thank you.

Tyxhos.

Gabi2111
05-08-15, 05:19 AM
Hi everyone,

So I have done all the chores I was given, the corn the strawberries the carrots the horse feed the collecting from buildings the neighbouring the letters of Recommendation the fighting 50 monsters and the gathering of 50 lucky paws. But none of that hard work is worth anything ?
In the end I came short on visiting the jousting arena. I was going to spend 25 gems to get around that.
But it was the fourth of May, the day we remember our WWII victims.
So I failed the closing deal :(
But all the hard work isn't worth anything ? It's 999 gems for a horsie ?
Very disappointing !
I think the price for a horse should depend on how much of the chores was actually done.
I wanted to share this with you.
Thank you.

Tyxhos.

I really feel for you. Happened to me too once before with a major event like this one. Missed JUST out bc on the last day I got really busy. Not a nice feeling indeed. :(

mudkipsssssss
05-08-15, 07:08 AM
Has TL staff responded to this issue? I started petting the horse in my 2nd account before upgrading my stable, so now that the goal is timed I won't have enough time to pet my horse 5 times. Obviously I already pet my horse 5 times since he's fully grown, but the counter doesn't recognize it.

I'm not even sure why TL had to make this goal timed - once you are on this goal, you no longer have the option to buy/craft another horse. So there's no advantage by allowing people to finish it properly.

Can it go back to being untimed? Or is this issue the rationale for the thank you package?

Okay, I might have a different playing style than you, but why not just spend some gems? know you can skip that part of the goal for 5 gems (1 gem for each horse pet). I only had to spend 1 gem to complete this goal. I don't buy gems, but it was worth it to me because I'd get that gem back on adventures/my purple cow. Also TL gave us 20 gems (as an apology?) So it's not like you're wasting gems you already had.

musegloria
05-08-15, 10:19 AM
@perry5, I also got that bonus, and came to the forum to see if there was any more explanation. The only one I found is that after TL said that the end step would be UNtimed, they made it timed, and now for many of us it is impossible, because we have to wait 7 days to pet the horse again, but the timed goal ends before then, so this is TL's apology for that, I guess.

Also wondering if this bonus was only given to players who purchased either the letters package or possibly also the energy & monster trap package. I purchased the former only. :confused:

musegloria
05-08-15, 10:30 AM
Why has TL made this last goal timed? I'm guessing it is because of all the talk here about never visiting a lv 5 stable so that a 2nd horse will be available for 999 gems indefinitely. By making this timed, the deeds for an additional horse might go away, when this goal disappears.

What do you think?

I was thinking that I would simply never upgrade my stable to lv 5, and then in several months from now I might be able to obtain enough gems to purchase my 2nd horse. I'd hate to miss out on completing the goal only to find out my desire to be able to get a 2nd horse months from now also disappears.

clinesweetcottage
05-08-15, 10:51 PM
Ah ha dear friend, the bundle price is only saving you 4.00$
Who buys gems not on sale?

Calculate the SALE price...never go on their silly "73% off" sale button.

You are right friend, the value pack is about 700+ gems value after discount 😦

Now I'm being scared off once again, hahaha...

But I really like the special arch and wall post...😔

jdygmgi
05-09-15, 03:23 AM
@perry5, I also got that bonus, and came to the forum to see if there was any more explanation. The only one I found is that after TL said that the end step would be UNtimed, they made it timed, and now for many of us it is impossible, because we have to wait 7 days to pet the horse again, but the timed goal ends before then, so this is TL's apology for that, I guess.

Also wondering if this bonus was only given to players who purchased either the letters package or possibly also the energy & monster trap package. I purchased the former only. :confused:

I received the bonus although I never participated in this goal. Happy that I dindn't, because I warned about not enough time for timed parts BEFORE knowing that TL changed final steps also into timing!! Anyway, the poorest and sadest of this all has been the changes of random appearances of beasts meanwhile offering bundles of traps for real money. I don't think that I will participate in further timing events EVER.

rainbowvalley4
05-09-15, 05:29 AM
Just curious: why are the posts in this thread out of sequence?? There are 2 posts dated April24, 2015 that keep popping up on the last page of this discussion topic " choose your steed". I also see a lot of mix-up of dates ( yesterday, today, May6, May7, today , etc.) I'm just wondering. (5/9/15 = today for me)

AnniePMH
05-09-15, 08:13 AM
Just curious: why are the posts in this thread out of sequence?? There are 2 posts dated April24, 2015 that keep popping up on the last page of this discussion topic " choose your steed". I also see a lot of mix-up of dates ( yesterday, today, May6, May7, today , etc.) I'm just wondering. (5/9/15 = today for me)

Horrible glitches? "There is no spoon"...:eek::)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-09-15, 08:24 AM
Horrible glitches? "There is no spoon"...:eek::)
LOL! Indeed.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" Lol

RosemaryV
05-09-15, 09:47 AM
I do not understand how I was to pet my steed 5 times. He was already grown! And it appears that my steed will not be ready to be petted again for 6 days! What? By petting mt steed before I was required to do so, is forcing me to spend 5 jewels to finish this. SOOO WRONG.

aurelian_knight
05-09-15, 10:30 AM
BUUUG!!! The game shows that the horse can be petted only after 6 days!!! And this is when the quest itself ends in 6 days.

bozit
05-09-15, 03:14 PM
Moving the "goal posts" after the game has started!! I only have to Pet my steed one more time t complete the goal but the time limit set on the goal is 5 days and the length of time between petting the horse has jumped from 22 hours to 7 days!! How can you justify that?

SpiritWind00
05-09-15, 04:31 PM

The Join Dates are the dates people joined the forum, not the dates of posts..... You may have your settings mixed up if you aren't seeing them in order. The date of the post and time is above the post with the post number in the right. This forum works on a today, yesterday and then the date itself. You won't see 'todays' date for 2 days. Hope that helps.

mudkipsssssss
05-09-15, 07:43 PM
I do not understand how I was to pet my steed 5 times. He was already grown! And it appears that my steed will not be ready to be petted again for 6 days! What? By petting mt steed before I was required to do so, is forcing me to spend 5 jewels to finish this. SOOO WRONG.

This is because when the horse was a baby it only took 22 hours to pet. You were supposed to pet the horse after that goal started.

hellogoodbye007
05-09-15, 11:44 PM
That's great that there is a game bundle with an opportunity to buy Rouncey, will there be another game bipundle with the option to buy the black horse?? I already have Rouncey! Thanks

infinitelove19
05-10-15, 01:59 AM
That's great that there is a game bundle with an opportunity to buy Rouncey, will there be another game bipundle with the option to buy the black horse?? I already have Rouncey! Thanks

I'm going to guess "Yes.". But we will have to wait and see.

Kinda think it's a bit of dirty pool to have an event from which we can only earn one of two prizes, then sell them after the fact, ensuring that we won't have had the opportunity to get both, UNLESS we spend cash. And not a small amount of cash, at that. Seriously!

SpiritWind00
05-10-15, 07:54 PM
Has the goal expired yet?? If not, how much time is left??

kittensabc
05-10-15, 08:06 PM
Stallion Selection still says four days.

shambalaya
05-11-15, 05:16 AM
The Rouncey offer has a little under 7 hours left on the clock, after which we will possibly get a Destrier offer.

I have 890 saved up gems and had hoped to buy Destrier, but there's no way to get the remaining 100+ gems in a little over 3 days. It hurts that I actually have the gems stored up as golden items, but not enough time to trade :-(

mreames
05-11-15, 07:00 AM
I don't know your situation but, if possible, you could buy the remaining 120 gems for $5, if not on sale.

The Rouncey offer has a little under 7 hours left on the clock, after which we will possibly get a Destrier offer.

I have 890 saved up gems and had hoped to buy Destrier, but there's no way to get the remaining 100+ gems in a little over 3 days. It hurts that I actually have the gems stored up as golden items, but not enough time to trade :-(

Lunaticus
05-11-15, 05:59 PM
Huhuhu.. pet the hourse 5x? Mine's already an adult before I reached that goal. What to do?! 😢

CuteTali
05-11-15, 06:08 PM
I got the option to buy a horse, but $20 is a LOT of money for something that just sits there for an entire week and I have no interest in the "filler" items. I'd rather buy it for $5 without any fillers and have somethnig that I can collect from at least once a day.

blackpearl9
05-12-15, 03:35 AM
Moving the "goal posts" after the game has started!! I only have to Pet my steed one more time t complete the goal but the time limit set on the goal is 5 days and the length of time between petting the horse has jumped from 22 hours to 7 days!! How can you justify that?

I paid one gem to finish the quest in time. This is acceptable, since we got 25 free gems just a few days ago. Now I am looking forward to Thursday, I hope there will be a new quest. I like the stuff the horse drops, though it does not justify why the horse is 999 gems when the white alicorn is 600 gems. I'd rather buy an alicorn if I had enough gems ;-)

shambalaya
05-12-15, 10:56 AM
I don't know your situation but, if possible, you could buy the remaining 120 gems for $5, if not on sale.

I'm seriously considering it. I've been mad at TL for two years ever since I put my phone in my pocket and when I took it out I had somehow bought coins with 250 gems (and of course, no mercy). But I have enjoyed the game tremendously and all for free until now, so it only seems right to give something back despite their abysmal gem policy. I could get 2 and a half alicorn for the price, but the horses are so cute!

perry5
05-14-15, 12:17 PM
So new update is out...looks we've moved on from stallions. Very disappointed that Destrier wasn't offered in a special discount bundle (like Roincey was). Feel like I was penalized for picking the wrong horse (Rouncey) with my original and only deed. If building frustrated customers is your corporate mission,
Storm8, your success is off the charts!

PikaSquirrel
05-14-15, 12:39 PM
So new update is out...looks we've moved on from stallions. Very disappointed that Destrier wasn't offered in a special discount bundle (like Roincey was). Feel like I was penalized for picking the wrong horse (Rouncey) with my original and only deed. If building frustrated customers is your corporate mission,
Storm8, your success is off the charts!

We can't speculate on future packs in the game, but we did forward the feedback for a Destrier pack!

Gardienn
05-14-15, 01:43 PM
From the expired stallion goal:

"Oh no! Your goal is over. Would you like to buy the goal for 6 gems? (reward: 1 sugar)"
"Oh no! Your goal is over. Would you like to buy the goal for 40 gems? (reward: 20 energy)"

Dang. WHAT was TL thinking?

Glad I didn't accidentally click the wrong button there. I would have been pissed.

On to the next goal...

musegloria
05-14-15, 01:53 PM
So new update is out...looks we've moved on ...
Anyone know if the update is only available for iOS? I'm on Android, level 35, and I don't see any new announcements nor anything new in the Goals list.

meme1098
05-14-15, 02:00 PM
Do you have Kaz walking around? Might be a prerequisite.

musegloria
05-14-15, 02:09 PM
Do you have Kaz walking around? Might be a prerequisite.
Well, Kaz is in my King/Queen-dom, as I've been talking with him about goals, but have yet to see him walking around. I'm up to "37. Troll Tribe Part 5 - #9 Kaz's Five" (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821-CS-Story-Outline-List&p=1059768&viewfull=1#post1059768). Maybe I need to be completely done with the Troll Tribe for this new challenge to show up?

Last update, there was an initial announcement about the new challenge, and then nothing else showed up, which was a bit confusing. After I read about it in this forum, I realized that I needed to complete a couple of more goals, then it kicked in.

Really wish they would ensure information is available here, before the update hits the game.

meme1098
05-14-15, 02:38 PM
Check the Goal thread.

I believe Spirit Wind is in the process of updating the first page.

AnniePMH
05-14-15, 09:23 PM
Collected from Destrier and Rouncey again last night, I only got the energy, coins and xp, so other drops must have been swords or furs, which I'm maxed on...No rare drops yet, from either horse.

Chaotarch
05-15-15, 12:22 AM
Collected from Destrier and Rouncey again last night, I only got the energy, coins and xp, so other drops must have been swords or furs, which I'm maxed on...No rare drops yet, from either horse.

lol, i still hope for special rare drops...:p
- swords, armor, fur, rattails - and yeah energy my favorite:cool:

bluebellgirl68
05-19-15, 11:07 AM
I have just come back from a vacation where I had no internet access to discover that the Choose Your Steed goal was changed whilst I was away so that the 2nd two goals were timed. I had completed the first goal just within the time limit (having had to use some gems along the way)and acquired the horse deed but as I was going away the following day I hadn't exchanged the deed and was looking forward to completing the goal on my return but it is not to be. I am disgusted that TL have changed untimed goals to timed in such a way, you just cannot say it is untimed and then make it timed because you decide to do something else. In the 2 years I have been playing CS I have purchased gems etc as I was happy to spend money occasionally on a game that gave me great enjoyment and if a little of my cash helped with updates that was better still. I have even been philosophical about the occasional gem trap but this latest move has made me seriously consider whether I want to carry on playing. I didn't just want to put this comment on the end of the original discussion thread as no one would see it. I still have to make up my mind about whether I will continue playing but one thing is certain, TL will never, ever get another penny from me! I just hope someone at TL reads this comment and they never treat their loyal players like this again.

kooky panda
05-19-15, 11:11 AM
Merging threads to keep all feedback on the same thread.

queentulip
05-24-15, 11:12 AM
Hello

I have a problem with this update. I had read on the forum that the latter goals were not timed which was a relief because I had an upcoming vacation where I wouldn't be able to play the game. I worked very hard to earn my horse deed and when i reached the latter goals they did not appear to be timed on my game so I assumed what I had read on the forum was correct. I then went on vacation and could not play my game for a few weeks. I thought that was fine and then I came home to find out I am not able to get my horse which I had earned. I think it is extremely unfair that you can change this half way through and suddenly make it a timed goal. I have been playing this game regularly for a very long time but as I am sure like everyone else there are periods of time when you can't play everyday and it is upsetting that loyal players are penalized when you suddenly make changes like that. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to get my horse that I had earned but I am not sure who to contact about this. Please help.

Thanks

meme1098
05-24-15, 01:59 PM
Email. - support@teamlava.com

[S8] Elsa
05-24-15, 04:50 PM
Hello

I have a problem with this update. I had read on the forum that the latter goals were not timed which was a relief because I had an upcoming vacation where I wouldn't be able to play the game. I worked very hard to earn my horse deed and when i reached the latter goals they did not appear to be timed on my game so I assumed what I had read on the forum was correct. I then went on vacation and could not play my game for a few weeks. I thought that was fine and then I came home to find out I am not able to get my horse which I had earned. I think it is extremely unfair that you can change this half way through and suddenly make it a timed goal. I have been playing this game regularly for a very long time but as I am sure like everyone else there are periods of time when you can't play everyday and it is upsetting that loyal players are penalized when you suddenly make changes like that. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to get my horse that I had earned but I am not sure who to contact about this. Please help.

Thanks

Please email support@teamlava.com and send me a private message with the ticket number. :)