PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 4/16/15: Choose your Steed!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

mreames
05-01-15, 08:57 AM
Showing my age here... Lol my first thought was Lucy. Lol ;)

Do they show that they're 2 or more days old? Those are most likely the left over requests since they will still go out if you don't send new ones the next day.

TL knows the hoarder in most of us. I got my 2nd one today after adding more money to my ITunes account by getting the ITunes cards from credit card rewards. So cost me nothing essentially. Now I need to think of a name for 'her'. My other horse is male & named Dez.

AuntyRose32
05-01-15, 09:05 AM
So I reached the Stallion Selection Goal this morning. Yesterday I stored my level 5 stable so I only have a level 4 one out in my Queendom now. I am reconsidering my previous stance on this and thinking I might just go ahead and get the second horse, I hate choosing between them! However I don't want to purchase it right away. If I go ahead and trade in my deed for the Destrier and raise him up to adult but don't collect from a level 5 stable along the way will the option to purchase the Rouncey remain for me?

I know this has been asked and answered more than a few times already and I'm pretty sure my thinking is correct, but I'm like a four year old this morning and need some reassurance that my new toy won't be taken away from me...! :D Thanks.

meme1098
05-01-15, 09:11 AM
Showing my age here... Lol my first thought was Lucy. Lol ;)

Lucy in the sky with diamonds....lol. She did cost a lot of gems didn't she.
Lucy just might be it. (Although you know what that song is actually about, right?)

mreames
05-01-15, 09:18 AM
Lucy in the sky with diamonds....lol. She did cost a lot of gems didn't she.
Lucy just might be it. (Although you know what that song is actually about, right?)

Lol well, it was a psychedelic time in the 60's (I was just a little kid, though). Although a good guess, and appropriate for the cost.... I immediately thought of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball. ;)

mreames
05-01-15, 09:32 AM
My horse is grown, I've collected from my level 4 stables multiple times and I still have the option to craft both horses. :)

So I reached the Stallion Selection Goal this morning. Yesterday I stored my level 5 stable so I only have a level 4 one out in my Queendom now. I am reconsidering my previous stance on this and thinking I might just go ahead and get the second horse, I hate choosing between them! However I don't want to purchase it right away. If I go ahead and trade in my deed for the Destrier and raise him up to adult but don't collect from a level 5 stable along the way will the option to purchase the Rouncey remain for me?

I know this has been asked and answered more than a few times already and I'm pretty sure my thinking is correct, but I'm like a four year old this morning and need some reassurance that my new toy won't be taken away from me...! :D Thanks.

AuntyRose32
05-01-15, 09:38 AM
My horse is grown, I've collected from my level 4 stables multiple times and I still have the option to craft both horses. :)

Thanks for the reassurance mreames! :) Off I go to get my Destrier.

mreames
05-01-15, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the reassurance mreames! :) Off I go to get my Destrier.

My pleasure! :) congrats and enjoy! :)

mybunnytail
05-01-15, 10:43 AM
Why are the second horses so expensive?

My same thought. This is close to $40 real money!😱 I so wish I had that kind of money to spend on a game. 😵

Even it I did scrounge up enough to buy the gems I don't want to buy gems till they fix it. I am so tired of loosing gems when all I was trying to do is move my screen. There needs to be a conformation button. It wouldn't be that hard to add. And since they haven't yet I've come to the conclusion this is their screaming plan. 😲

Chaotarch
05-01-15, 12:22 PM
first collection:

1. browny: 40 energy, 1 longswort, 1 fur
2. browny: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 ratttail
3. blacky: 40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
4. blacky: 40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 creeptooth

twyz
05-01-15, 12:31 PM
I am in the last stretches of my quest. I did forget to collect from the arena once so I definitely have to pay about 10 gems to skip the final collection maybe 20. But as far as monsters and paws go I am having no issue getting a solid 15 a day without much work. I am planting 30 wheat in my field at a time and every collection nets me from 1-4 skunks and then collect from flowers maybe get 1 or 2 more. I am only doing this 3-4 times a day and getting the monsters done no problem and a paw each and every time.

With 3 days left I can finish my beast battles probably by tomorrow morning at this rate.

Seriously700
05-01-15, 01:10 PM
What buildings & crops attract the most fanged beasts?

Hot peppers and carrots spawn them

Stables and hatcheries, possibly farmhouses but I'm not certain

Animals - chickens, pigs, cows, sheep

beefus
05-01-15, 01:16 PM
Well, when I was drinking in college, I tended to attract my share of FangBeasts...

but I planted Corn and ran my numbers up with SkunkyPines (3 hits vs 5 or 8...)

Lord Beefus

What buildings & crops attract the most fanged beasts?

Liloze
05-01-15, 01:25 PM
Do they show that they're 2 or more days old? Those are most likely the left over requests since they will still go out if you don't send new ones the next day.

TL knows the hoarder in most of us. I got my 2nd one today after adding more money to my ITunes account by getting the ITunes cards from credit card rewards. So cost me nothing essentially. Now I need to think of a name for 'her'. My other horse is male & named Dez.
Call her Z :)
it will be Dez-Z as in "dizzy"!
Sure enough those poneys made us dizzy, to finally get them, lol :p ;)

bethaneyl
05-01-15, 01:30 PM
I think I may have gotten extremely lucky. I started monster mash with it saying 5 days left. I now have all 50 monsters ****ed and it still says 4 days left. I wonder how much of it has to do with working on the quest boar-dom not king-dom. I can hardly do anything without a dire boar showing up. Of the last 55 beasts not one is a skunkupine and only 3 are fang beasts.
Now fingers crossed I get to collect from the arena enough times before my time runs out. 😜

I think we got extremely lucky!

I was literally "saved by he boars" ....I only had 16 paws/battles after 3days of ( daily /frantic playing) when I completed part of the quest line which causes boars to spawn and BOOM! literally every 3-4 taps I have a boar....It was crazy I completed the remaining 24 beasties in less than 1/2 day. So now I'm the proud owner of a brown little horse :) And now that the event is finished those boars are still harassing me every 3-4 taps ....but seeing as how much they helped me I'm not complaining ...well much... lol

Also

For those having trouble finishing ...I just noticed a new offer that gives 10 skunkipine traps & 10 Fangbeast traps +100 energy for like 5$
....I was considering buying just to store/hoard the traps ...case we ever have another beastie crazy event like this ...

ghjvcucjb
05-01-15, 01:37 PM
Hi, could someone take a look at my game please. Starting this morning while collecting strawberries a boar will appear, after I fight it once, the screen blips, the boar disappears and my game resets back a few strawberries. Will re collect strawberries, boar appears, fight once, blip, boar disappears, resets back a few strawberries. This keeps happening and I need to move forward with this timed beast goal as soon as possible thanks. Going back to see if I can fix it on my own. Thanks for the assistance.

ETA: nope forced closed. Started collecting strawberries, blipped and everything stopped and reset one step back. Did it twice now. I'm barely going to make it as it is. Really need this fixed please. Thank you

ETA: just collected 15 strawberries, replanted two rows of glimmer bulbs and the rest with corn, collected from the kitchens, screen blipped and went all the way back to only glimmer bulbs with all energy lost. Then it blipped again and 90% of corn reappeared but only 7 energy. Something is going crazy in my game.

ETA: just collected from kitchens, started cooking, went to collect from corn, screen blipped nothing in my kitchen, 3 energies lost and 4 corn missing

ETA: just collected from 7 corns, screen blipped, all corn reappeared but not all energy.

katbtodd
05-01-15, 01:46 PM
Hi, could someone take a look at my game please. Starting this morning while collecting strawberries a boar will appear, after I fight it once, the screen blips, the boar disappears and my game resets back a few strawberries. Will re collect strawberries, boar appears, fight once, blip, boar disappears, resets back a few strawberries. This keeps happening and I need to move forward with this timed beast goal as soon as possible thanks. Going back to see if I can fix it on my own. Thanks for the assistance.

ETA: nope forced closed. Started collecting strawberries, blipped and everything stopped and reset one step back. Did it twice now. I'm barely going to make it as it is. Really need this fixed please. Thank you

Mine has been doing this a lot today.. Yes please look into this
I force closed and when this didn't work I shut down all the way and that didn't help either.
Having a hard time going to neighbors also
it seems like i to do every thing twice if not more

Liloze
05-01-15, 01:50 PM
I force closed and when this didn't work I shut down all the way and that didn't help either.

Same here, as we speak!
I was collecting from everywhere, and the game seems like hicupping, resets every 3 to 5 seconds! :(

Still happening, the game is definitely unplayable like this :(

katbtodd
05-01-15, 02:00 PM
Same here, as we speak!
I was collecting from everywhere, and the game seems like hicupping, resets every 3 to 5 seconds! :(

Good way of putting it , I know I doing every thing over and over

ghjvcucjb
05-01-15, 02:04 PM

Same here, as we speak!

Yes! Hiccuping. It's been happening in my restaurant story really bad. Wasn't able to progress for days and lost out on the hula girl. No one even tried to help me. Now it's happening in castle story. The only game that is working properly is farm story 2.

ghjvcucjb
05-01-15, 02:07 PM
Still hiccuping. Twice just now. Can't move forward.

ETA: now I can't pull up my neighbors list to force sync. It just says it's loading, then everything freezes, then blips over and over. Everything else is working so it's not my connection.

Katrien01
05-01-15, 02:09 PM
Same here !! Playing on two devices .. Both have a hickup when beest shows up Please can you fix this need 10 more before 3 days finishing .. Thanks in advance

mreames
05-01-15, 02:10 PM
Thanks, I guess my memory had really failed me. Lol

Hot peppers and carrots spawn them

Stables and hatcheries, possibly farmhouses but I'm not certain

Animals - chickens, pigs, cows, sheep

CharmOfLea
05-01-15, 02:11 PM

ETA: just collected 15 strawberries, replanted two rows of glimmer bulbs and the rest with corn, collected from the kitchens, screen blipped and went all the way back to only glimmer bulbs with all energy lost. Then it blipped again and 90% of corn reappeared but only 7 energy. Something is going crazy in my game.

ETA: just collected from kitchens, started cooking, went to collect from corn, screen blipped nothing in my kitchen, 3 energies lost and 4 corn missing

ETA: just collected from 7 corns, screen blipped, all corn reappeared but not all energy.

Very similar is happening to me as well. Lost resources and energy.

Liloze
05-01-15, 02:14 PM

Same here, as we speak!

Still hiccuping. Twice just now. Can't move forward.

Same here !! Playing on two devices .. Both have a hickup when beest shows up Please can you fix this need 10 more before 3 days finishing .. Thanks in advance

Please All of you copy / paste your problem in BUGS and Issues .
There's a thread already about it, " New Update froze game in time "
When they see how many having the same problem, it might incite -maybe-S8 to "look into it" :rolleyes:

Graceland53
05-01-15, 02:16 PM

Same here. Happening all day.

rayearthpoison
05-01-15, 02:44 PM
This is happening to me too. It's really stressful since I only have a couple of days and am only half way in the quest (Resume Building). I think that there should be extra time added because my game keeps resetting 'Care for your kingdom' AFTER it kept resetting collecting my crops (I had an extra day I had to collect because of it!!!!).

AND I still have to fight all those beasts in the next challenge as well :(

ShibuyaCloth
05-01-15, 03:02 PM
AND I still have to fight all those beasts in the next challenge as well :(

The fights are not the issue in part #3, it will be the 10 collections from the arena, that is 5 days!

PJColley
05-01-15, 04:29 PM
DOES EITHER HORSE GIVE ANYTHING? Or are they just ornamental?

kittensabc
05-01-15, 04:41 PM
DOES EITHER HORSE GIVE ANYTHING? Or are they just ornamental?

They drop 40 evergy, longswords, light armor, rat tails, coins, and possibly a few other items every 7 days.

Lunaticus
05-01-15, 05:21 PM
Less than 2 days to go and I still need to **** 20 beast.. huhuhu.

Gardienn
05-01-15, 07:15 PM
Help help! I'm trying to collect beasts in the last leg of Need for Steed and my screen keeps resetting when a beast lands and it disappears. I can't get any beasts and I have three days left!!! I'm so very unhappy about this. :(

MynesDinner
05-01-15, 08:09 PM
@midgetsocks - Thanks for the info.

SpiritWind00
05-01-15, 08:43 PM
Help help! I'm trying to collect beasts in the last leg of Need for Steed and my screen keeps resetting when a beast lands and it disappears. I can't get any beasts and I have three days left!!! I'm so very unhappy about this. :(

Post all issues in the Bugs thread please where this issue is being monitored and actioned by TL. Thanks.

CharmOfLea
05-01-15, 10:47 PM
This is one bad ass trap for gems.

ShibuyaCloth
05-01-15, 10:50 PM

Ali's have the same. They are very very thirsty ;)

mreames
05-01-15, 11:21 PM

Don't put it by anything you collect from quickly. :) I don't even like to touch them unless they have an arrow over them. Lol

rosym47
05-02-15, 12:50 AM
So how do I "Raise the baby horse"? The text appears to say that you can skip this for 5 gems but there is no button to do so. Having reached this point my baby horse is still on a 24hr cycle. How can I get this quest to end?

mreames
05-02-15, 01:16 AM
So how do I "Raise the baby horse"? The text appears to say that you can skip this for 5 gems but there is no button to do so. Having reached this point my baby horse is still on a 24hr cycle. How can I get this quest to end?

You have to tend to it every day for 5 days (including the first day you got it as long as you placed it on the board immediately and didn't store it). After "collecting" from it 5 times, it will grow into an adult then have a 7 day timer. Skipping the goal for 5 gems would only skip the goal, not raise the horse yo an adult.

Wonkaland99
05-02-15, 03:02 AM
Less than 2 days to go and I still need to **** 20 beast.. huhuhu.

My book shows 3 days to go, which means more than 2 but less than 3. If it's really less than 2 I could be screwed. I have just done my 7th visit to the arena, so I need 36 hours minimum.

Can someone please confirm the exact time this ends?

PurpleScorpion76
05-02-15, 04:49 AM
My book shows 3 days to go, which means more than 2 but less than 3. If it's really less than 2 I could be screwed. I have just done my 7th visit to the arena, so I need 36 hours minimum.

Can someone please confirm the exact time this ends?

It's usually around 2 hours before the time the quest starts so if your updates come in around 8pm the time usually finishes around 5-6pm. If that makes sense? But if like some of us your game keeps refreshing and you can't play you might find you need more time than already suggested.

dng1234
05-02-15, 04:53 AM
If your just needing the arena visits they're 10 gems per visit. Just a thought. Or you can speed it up a few times. Just see which would be cheaper.

bethaneyl
05-02-15, 05:00 AM
Ali's have the same. They are very very thirsty ;)

Wow so a kingdom with 20+ Alicorns is like one big gem-trap black hole ....
I have been afraid to buy Alicorns in fear of falling into a trap, but now I have a horse so I can lose gems that way ..eeek!

Jennerwein1
05-02-15, 05:09 AM
I caved. I had 400 some gems, so I bought 530 gems for $13.99 on sale to get the second horse. Now I only have 26 gems, I think I am safe from gem traps for a while. I figured sooner or later I was going to loose gems big time. Even loosing one gem accidentally irks me. Now I can get my stable back out of storage.

Chaotarch
05-02-15, 05:28 AM
I have been afraid to buy Alicorns in fear of falling into a trap, but now I have a horse so I can lose gems that way ..eeek!

lol, i never speed up alicorns if i wouldnt...

Wonkaland99
05-02-15, 05:43 AM
It's usually around 2 hours before the time the quest starts so if your updates come in around 8pm the time usually finishes around 5-6pm. If that makes sense? But if like some of us your game keeps refreshing and you can't play you might find you need more time than already suggested.

Thanks, that's helpful. Game is playing normally at the moment, but I'm really sorry for those having problems. This is hard enough without any added complications.

Wonkaland99
05-02-15, 05:56 AM
If your just needing the arena visits they're 10 gems per visit. Just a thought. Or you can speed it up a few times. Just see which would be cheaper.

Nice idea, but I'm saving for a Wizard School and don't want to set myself back. Unfortunately spending real money on gems is not an option for me, so I have to work very hard for every one.
Thanks anyway for replying.

dng1234
05-02-15, 06:02 AM
Nice idea, but I'm saving for a Wizard School and don't want to set myself back. Unfortunately spending real money on gems is not an option for me, so I have to work very hard for every one.
Thanks anyway for replying.

I never have spent money on gems. I play on my iPad and my android phone and always play the other games to get the rewards. Keep an eye out for them when they come around.

katbtodd
05-02-15, 06:12 AM

I have 21 white Alis and have never( knock on wood) tap one by mistake I have them gated off in from of my castle , and I have my horse in a middle of a grassy place

bethaneyl
05-02-15, 06:32 AM
I'm a cautious tapper ....my problem is playing in bed...falling asleep & waking up to random chaos....lol
I have the gems for a second horse ...I'm setting on 2,500 or so ( a bit of a hoarder) but I can't get around the price ...I'd rather have 2 Ali's
But what if the horse is a one time only never again type thing ...ah sigh ...decisions .....
Oh I didn't upgrade my stable but was wondering do u think the option to craft will expire with the actual goal or will I be good for months to come ?

mehershey
05-02-15, 06:35 AM

Not if you don't have many gems to begin with because of previous traps!

Wonkaland99
05-02-15, 07:03 AM
I never have spent money on gems. I play on my iPad and my android phone and always play the other games to get the rewards. Keep an eye out for them when they come around.

Oh I do! Unfortunately I came to Castle Story late, so I already have all the other games installed and levelled up. I get the 30 gems for installing the new versions, but none of the extra 15s which come afterwards. Could really do with a new game or two - how about Hospital Story?

Gardienn
05-02-15, 07:06 AM
Post all issues in the Bugs thread please where this issue is being monitored and actioned by TL. Thanks.

I did immediately after posting here. Thanks.

mybunnytail
05-02-15, 08:20 AM
I think we got extremely lucky!

I was literally "saved by he boars" ....I only had 16 paws/battles after 3days of ( daily /frantic playing) when I completed part of the quest line which causes boars to spawn and BOOM! literally every 3-4 taps I have a boar....It was crazy I completed the remaining 24 beasties in less than 1/2 day. So now I'm the proud owner of a brown little horse :) And now that the event is finished those boars are still harassing me every 3-4 taps ....but seeing as how much they helped me I'm not complaining ...well much... lol

Also

For those having trouble finishing ...I just noticed a new offer that gives 10 skunkipine traps & 10 Fangbeast traps +100 energy for like 5$
....I was considering buying just to store/hoard the traps ...case we ever have another beastie crazy event like this ...

Yes this is how I feel! Only 2 days into part 3 and I have over 80 paws. 😙 now to collect from the jousting arena. I hope I get the 10 collections done in time.

mybunnytail
05-02-15, 08:21 AM
Oh I do! Unfortunately I came to Castle Story late, so I already have all the other games installed and levelled up. I get the 30 gems for installing the new versions, but none of the extra 15s which come afterwards. Could really do with a new game or two - how about Hospital Story?

I agree!!

mybunnytail
05-02-15, 08:34 AM
Not if you don't have many gems to begin with because of previous traps!

Wow sounds like me. My biggest problem is big fingers.😳

Kamylotmee
05-02-15, 10:00 AM
I have 3 days left on the clock, looks like another quest that is goning to be unfinished. I can't spend over 12 hours of my time dedicated to playing this game, I like this game very much but the time needed on these quests, especially this quest is too short. If I have another week, I could finished. I don't want to spend any gems so like I said before, another unfinished quest sitting in my kingdom 😔😠

mybunnytail
05-02-15, 10:19 AM
I have 3 days left on the clock, looks like another quest that is goning to be unfinished. I can't spend over 12 hours of my time dedicated to playing this game, I like this game very much but the time needed on these quests, especially this quest is too short. If I have another week, I could finished. I don't want to spend any gems so like I said before, another unfinished quest sitting in my kingdom 

Where are you in quest line?

ghjvcucjb
05-02-15, 10:34 AM

Enjoy it while you can. After a while you download all the games and play past level 15 on every game and there are no new offers so no more free gems

nukesters2
05-02-15, 12:28 PM
I don't mind working hard in these events, even set timers so I can collect etc. regularly. But what I do not like is being manipulated. I was getting beasties to fight and get paws from quite regularly, until the offer to purchase traps etc. came up!! I have only gotten like 3 paws now in the last day and a half, just because they are MANIPULATING the game to try and force purchases!! I wonder do they think we don't notice? or more likely they do know we know but don't care.
TL.....Make it hard to do, nothing worth it is ever easy, but for goodness sake, please don't be so blatantly unfair about the process. changing things to make drops less likely etc. just to force purchases, that is just really mean. :(
I had gems already, will probably have to use some to finish this before the timer runs out. I have 3 more visits to the jousting arena, but still need 20 paws because of the governer/choke put on the drop rate the last couple of days :mad:

kittensabc
05-02-15, 01:23 PM
I don't mind working hard in these events, even set timers so I can collect etc. regularly. But what I do not like is being manipulated. I was getting beasties to fight and get paws from quite regularly, until the offer to purchase traps etc. came up!! I have only gotten like 3 paws now in the last day and a half, just because they are MANIPULATING the game to try and force purchases!! I wonder do they think we don't notice? or more likely they do know we know but don't care.
TL.....Make it hard to do, nothing worth it is ever easy, but for goodness sake, please don't be so blatantly unfair about the process. changing things to make drops less likely etc. just to force purchases, that is just really mean. :(
I had gems already, will probably have to use some to finish this before the timer runs out. I have 3 more visits to the jousting arena, but still need 20 paws because of the governer/choke put on the drop rate the last couple of days :mad:

Hi there. The spawn rate appears to be at the normal level at the moment (roughly 1/25 taps) so it seems unlikely that they are messing with your game, you are just getting unlucky.

home4pie
05-02-15, 01:34 PM
After I got a horse the goal disappear. I didn't go to the stable., but I have two level 5 stable. So I guess it's not possible anymore to get the second horse :( ? Or perhaps I shouldn't have a level 5 stable out.

beefus
05-02-15, 03:10 PM
Now, that's no way to feed an addiction...

Play early, play often, SAVE often (back when we had to save games on our own systems) sacrifice sleep, time with friends, ... family... make new friends here that will work as enablers... guiding you... teaching you...

Remember what Kate Upton said in those Game of War commercials... Will you be my Hero...

Yes... yes I will.
Now, I would post more, but I need to get back to my kingdom because I'm almost back to 40 turns and I don't want them to not be available to constantly\continually regenerate... and I need to see if Kate has come by yet.

MOo
Lord Beefus

I have 3 days left on the clock, looks like another quest that is goning to be unfinished. I can't spend over 12 hours of my time dedicated to playing this game, I like this game very much but the time needed on these quests, especially this quest is too short. If I have another week, I could finished. I don't want to spend any gems so like I said before, another unfinished quest sitting in my kingdom 😔😠

mreames
05-02-15, 04:11 PM
After I got a horse the goal disappear. I didn't go to the stable., but I have two level 5 stable. So I guess it's not possible anymore to get the second horse :( ? Or perhaps I shouldn't have a level 5 stable out.

Have you looked in your workshops and forges? My option to craft more horses is still there.

ghjvcucjb
05-02-15, 04:40 PM
So after losing out on play all day yesterday due to the syncing issues then losing out on all evening collecting on the arena due to the time delay of the syncing issues I now can not spawn any beasts. One early this morning and nada since then. This is ****

ETA: almost 3 hours since I originally posted this and still not one beast to fight.

katbtodd
05-03-15, 03:38 AM

This has happen to others too. I have one neighbor her stables were level 3 , both of them ,and her option for second horse was gone too May be they fix a glitch , maybe it shouldn't have ever been in there who knows !

Tiggerddh
05-03-15, 05:45 AM

I keep mine in a designated spot in my kingdom with nothing major around them so I don't accidentally tap them.

lisman
05-03-15, 05:54 AM
Hi all sorry been MIA for a while been concentraiting on the game and RL but I have gotten so far to choose a horse, but I am wondering how they look when they are grown. Does some of you have photos of them when they are adult? that would make me better at picking a horse easier because at this moment I can't pick one. Thank you in advanced

robino23
05-03-15, 06:17 AM
Hi all sorry been MIA for a while been concentraiting on the game and RL but I have gotten so far to choose a horse, but I am wondering how they look when they are grown. Does some of you have photos of them when they are adult? that would make me better at picking a horse easier because at this moment I can't pick one. Thank you in advanced

Hope this helps.

starbow7
05-03-15, 06:57 AM
So after losing out on play all day yesterday due to the syncing issues then losing out on all evening collecting on the arena due to the time delay of the syncing issues I now can not spawn any beasts. One early this morning and nada since then. This is ****

ETA: almost 3 hours since I originally posted this and still not one beast to fight.

I do get beasts (though very seldom now) but they don't drop any Monster Paws and do not count for the goal (I mean those which appear when harvesting or collecting milk/eggs, not the ones from Troll Sparring Pit - which I don't even have in this game). I got 2 Paws and Battle counts yesterday but no more.

Which is strange, because in my other castles everything works as it should.

lisman
05-03-15, 08:19 AM

Hope this helps.

Thank you it does help I was leaning towards for the black/cole colored than the brown and now I am more convinced for the black/cole one (please don't throw rotten cabbages at me about the colors, to me they are black/cole and brown colors ;))

Kiccica
05-03-15, 09:12 AM
Hi, Choose your Steed quest unlocked for me only today morning. It says I have two days. It is way too short time period to do it. Can you tell me how it is possible to complete it in TWO DAYS? I think it is not fair at all. Please help me!

Kiccica
05-03-15, 09:25 AM
Hi, Choose your Steed quest unlocked for me only today morning. It says I have two days. It is way too short time period to do it. Can you tell me how it is possible to complete it in TWO DAYS? I think it is not fair at all. Please help me!

KimbaTheLion
05-03-15, 09:59 AM
I waited until I upgraded my Stable to lv 5. and after one or 2 pets it NOW takes 7 days between pets? I also seems Equine Education is sort of a double since I gave 50 carrots before and then I had to give another 2 and give my steed 5 more pets? I mean I JUST want to make sure that that 7 day thing is correct! I have 4 more pets to go and that is going to take 21 DAYS ?!

mikecyr
05-03-15, 10:09 AM

This is a timed goal, which means it starts and ends on particular dates. This goal started over 2 weeks ago, but it appears you didn't meet the prerequisites until today. You're right, there's no way to complete it in two days without spending a whole ton of gems to speed things up, and even if you had the gems, it's probably not worth it. I'm afraid you're just out of luck on this one. Hopefully, you'll be able to participate in the next timed goal right from the start.

Kiccica
05-03-15, 10:35 AM
:( I am so sorry, I love that horse :-) I also sorry that they do offer the quest still when it is mathematically unable to finish. It is OK that we spend gems here and there, but I worked all day for nothing when I realised that the end is far away... Thanks for your answer :-)

lisman
05-03-15, 10:37 AM
I got Peaches the Kitty from Barons tent a while back and when I put baby Destrier beside Peaches they are the same size it just too funny to look at them

caron7
05-03-15, 11:09 AM

Make sure no trolls are waiting to be fought. I don't think the other beasts will appear if a troll is present. Are you harvesting crops? I hope by now you have beasts galore!

laurytta07
05-03-15, 12:22 PM
I have samsung galaxy s6. I can't have the stable. When i put the stable on the ground, in a few seconds the game is refreshing. It says loading and then the stable dissappear. What ca i do? I already choose the horse. Thank you.

mreames
05-03-15, 12:29 PM
I have samsung galaxy s6. I can't have the stable. When i put the stable on the ground, in a few seconds the game is refreshing. It says loading and then the stable dissappear. What ca i do? I already choose the horse. Thank you.

Are you sure you don't already have stables? Try force closing the game and try again. There have been some syncing issues lately.

repkiwi7
05-03-15, 12:47 PM
Could someone please clarify - does the whole quest to get s horse end in 24hrs, or just the timed part, and we can continue with the other non timed goals- I'm finding this confusing and frustrating.
TIA

laurytta07
05-03-15, 12:49 PM
Yes. I have. Level 4, 5 now. But just one and i can have two. But the game doesn't let me. And i don't have the baron tent also. Or the daily quest :(. I have this phone since last week. Since then, i played on iphone 5. It works great. Not on Samsung 😕. Thank you for your answer.

lovelybeccaxo
05-03-15, 01:21 PM
I didn't get this quest unlocked until a few days ago and I'm a level 28. Can we please have a few more days to complete? I would really like this horse.

vlagay
05-03-15, 02:16 PM
This is a timed goal, which means it starts and ends on particular dates. This goal started over 2 weeks ago, but it appears you didn't meet the prerequisites until today. You're right, there's no way to complete it in two days without spending a whole ton of gems to speed things up, and even if you had the gems, it's probably not worth it. I'm afraid you're just out of luck on this one. Hopefully, you'll be able to participate in the next timed goal right from the start.
I just got notification of this gal last week, not 2 weeks ago. I am level 28. I finally got to need for seed today. I'm on an android, not sure if that matters. This horse goal is impossible to attain in only one week. I don't want to think it was designed that way in order to sell the deeds.

mreames
05-03-15, 02:23 PM
The prerequisite requirements were.... you will need to be level 22+, have the Jousting arena and have the Goal, "The First Match" completed. The event was 18 days so I'm guessing that maybe you just completed the goal: "the first match" last week?

I just got notification of this gal last week, not 2 weeks ago. I am level 28. I finally got to need for seed today. I'm on an android, not sure if that matters. This horse goal is impossible to attain in only one week. I don't want to think it was designed that way in order to sell the deeds.

shambalaya
05-03-15, 02:54 PM
I collected 100 souvenir lucky monster paws and moved on, but I'm still 200 gems away from being able to buy a second horse. Patience!

belbar22
05-03-15, 04:40 PM
Could someone please clarify - does the whole quest to get s horse end in 24hrs, or just the timed part, and we can continue with the other non timed goals- I'm finding this confusing and frustrating.
TIA

You have to have collected all your paws and your visits to the arena before the timer runs out. However I would craft your horse too in case their are any glitches.

ghjvcucjb
05-03-15, 09:31 PM
Make sure no trolls are waiting to be fought. I don't think the other beasts will appear if a troll is present. Are you harvesting crops? I hope by now you have beasts galore!

Thank you for your concern. No I don't have any other beast or troll hiding. I did get two skunkupines and fang beast today but it's not near enough. The syncing issues really messed everything up for me.

CuteTali
05-03-15, 10:49 PM
Finally finished the Corny Quest. They really should've openned all three seal quests right from the start, instead of dictating to us which seal to get first. I guess that means no horsey for me :(

nukesters2
05-03-15, 11:43 PM
I decided to finish before the timer ran out, I knew I would be busy and didn't want to forget and miss it!! so I used 48 gems and got my destrier. I have to say, if I were playing without knowing about this forum to check, I would have been lost!

AnniePMH
05-03-15, 11:46 PM
I collected 100 souvenir lucky monster paws and moved on

I am so happy to hear someone else than me did this!:o Did you collect 150 claws in total, so you've still got all your 100 souvenir claws?:) Are there any more 100 souvenir collectors out there this update?

Chaotarch
05-04-15, 12:15 AM
Are there any more 100 souvenir collectors out there this update?

shambalaya
05-04-15, 12:28 AM
I am so happy to hear someone else than me did this!:o Did you collect 150 claws in total, so you've still got all your 100 souvenir claws?:) Are there any more 100 souvenir collectors out there this update?

Yep, got all 100 :-)

AnniePMH
05-04-15, 12:34 AM
Yep, got all 100 :-)

Isn't that great! I just wish there would have been more things to collect, stuff for the horses, perhaps (not pink brushes and polish, mind you, lol...):)

AnniePMH
05-04-15, 12:40 AM

Yes, well...I did ***** a little with those skunku-traps, so...lol...:o

shambalaya
05-04-15, 12:44 AM
Isn't that great! I just wish there would have been more things to collect, stuff for the horses, perhaps (not pink brushes and polish, mind you, lol...):)

I'm going to run out of horse feed soon for sure! I only collected an extra 18, because I didn't know at the time how long it would take me to get through the goals.. Though horse feed doesn't have quite the same collectors pride and badge of honor attached to it as the monster paws do, lol! About the pink brushes and polish, I believe I threw it all in the back of the w-carriage after the wedding was called off. It's somewhere in storage, perhaps never to see the light of day again! ;)

AnniePMH
05-04-15, 01:01 AM
I'm going to run out of horse feed soon for sure! I only collected an extra 18, because I didn't know at the time how long it would take me to get through the goals.. Though horse feed doesn't have quite the same collectors pride and badge of honor attached to it as the monster paws do, lol! About the pink brushes and polish, I believe I threw it all in the back of the w-carriage after the wedding was called off. It's somewhere in storage, perhaps never to see the light of day again! ;)

All my horse feed is invisible...so my horses only get hay from the hayrides, carrots and apples...I would have liked to collect the feed, got through that part too fast, lol...:o Wish I at least had the oats from Wonderland to give them!:rolleyes:

shambalaya
05-04-15, 05:01 AM
The animals in our kingdom are magical beings, you only have to feed them when they're young after that they don't eat, I've had feeding troughs in front of my cows for years and never have to refill them!

1Crazyhead
05-04-15, 05:36 AM
I'm sorry, but the whole Need for Steed is timed. 18 days.

It is "4" days, impossible! How do you get 100 letters in 22 hours on a weekend?

Korlcek
05-04-15, 05:50 AM
Are there any more 100 souvenir collectors out there this update?

I wanted to but I probably won't make it. I wasn't able to play over the weekend as much as I'd want to so I'l probably miss the u-goal by a few.

kenchan
05-04-15, 06:27 AM
Need HELP
Hi everyone, this quest should have 18days to complete, but I only have 6 days, it is impossible. Is anyone do know what is the problem, system bug ?

vlagay
05-04-15, 06:45 AM
No, I just got the quest pop-up up last week when I opened my game...for most, apparently, the quest started on 4/17, for me (I'm sure not JUST me, around the 24th). I completed first match Friday....I did not have the jousting arena when I started the goal on 24th. Not a big deal anymore, resolved that it's not happening.

mikado86
05-04-15, 07:42 AM
Im on the visit stable quest. Since its not time limited i wonder if people would hang at this quest to buy more horses indefinitely.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-04-15, 07:48 AM
Im on the visit stable quest. Since its not time limited i wonder if people would hang at this quest to buy more horses indefinitely.
Lol...yep.

Ps. I sold my lv5 stables and rebuilt them to lv 4.

mreames
05-04-15, 07:54 AM
Lol...yep.

Ps. I sold my lv5 stables and rebuilt them to lv 4.

As did I :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-04-15, 07:55 AM
As did I :)
Woot for us! :thumbs up: lol

mreames
05-04-15, 08:02 AM
Woot for us! :thumbs up: lol

Lol ;) I've always believed it's better to have an option than not. :)

Seriously700
05-04-15, 08:41 AM
I held off for a week from completing the monster mash so I could see if there were any additional drops reported from the steeds. I was hoping there might be something that would justify the price differential from the regular alicorn.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. In the end, I decided to get a 2nd steed anyway because they are so cute. I had the gems already in my account and figured this would at least prevent their loss in a gem trap. I debated about selling my level 5 stables, but decided against it since I had the gems to purchase the extra.

I'm surprised that TL didn't design this quest to come up as an 18 day timed event once people hit the prerequisites. It's not tied to a holiday or seasonal event so I would think it would have worked to set it up that way, even if it's not strictly story line. I'm not sure why TL continues to penalize newer players this way. Wouldn't they want to continually expand their playing base with folks who have yet to purchase fruit trees, sheep, mermaid ponds, etc.? There is getting to be such a long list of valuable items that are unavailable to newer players, as well as longer term players who faced playing time limitations.

AnniePMH
05-04-15, 08:48 AM
I wanted to but I probably won't make it. I wasn't able to play over the weekend as much as I'd want to so I'l probably miss the u-goal by a few.

Very impressive!:) You know, I had to use a lot of monster traps to do this, I would never have had the time otherwise, working too much, lol! I don't think this is part of the u-goals, though, it would have been in the 'Special' section of those goals in that case; ShibuyaCloth made some special goals like that in former events:) I usually just think of these collecting 100 of limited items, as personal goals!:p

transberry
05-04-15, 08:56 AM
Had to spend 4.99 to buy traps to get last 22 monsters had been trying for days and spent 60 gems because I didn't have all the days needed to visit arena.

I only wish I had thought to buy more farmhouses and stables on day one that's what got me through the 2nd goal tend kingdom lol.

Didn't like the no choice of horse though, glad it was the black one but not far I didn't have chose.

Also sucks that I had well over 400 gems one day, opened game later that day only 84 gems.

sprisbakery
05-04-15, 09:03 AM
Hello!
Can someone guide me which horse to opt for?
Also I didn't get it- how can we get two horses? By tapping stable lv5 or by avoiding it?

I have just completed by timed goals.. Confused as to what to do next...
Thanks

mreames
05-04-15, 09:10 AM
Which one to choose is personal preference. :) avoid tapping a level 5 stable if you want to keep the option to purchase another horse or horses for 999 gems each.

Hello!
Can someone guide me which horse to opt for?
Also I didn't get it- how can we get two horses? By tapping stable lv5 or by avoiding it?

I have just completed by timed goals.. Confused as to what to do next...
Thanks

ghjvcucjb
05-04-15, 09:53 AM
Ok, finished this a few minutes ago. Had to gem the last three visits to the jousting arena DUE TO STORM 8 GLITCH that delayed my last three evening collections to 2:30 am collections. Which I don't feel is fair.

However my question is: I was not given a choice in horses, the blue one was the only option in the forge. I see others have two horses but I do not have an option to craft a second even with gems. The ability to craft went away as soon as I started crafting the first horse. Can someone tell me how to get the second horse please. Thank you.

AnniePMH
05-04-15, 09:59 AM
Ok, finished this a few minutes ago. Had to gem the last three visits to the jousting arena DUE TO STORM 8 GLITCH that delayed my last three evening collections to 2:30 am collections. Which I don't feel is fair.

However my question is: I was not given a choice in horses, the blue one was the only option in the forge. I see others have two horses but I do not have an option to craft a second even with gems. The ability to craft went away as soon as I started crafting the first horse. Can someone tell me how to get the second horse please. Thank you.

Check the workshop!:) And don't collect from the stables!

oceansoftime
05-04-15, 10:23 AM
I'm one jousting visit short with 0 gems ��

beefus
05-04-15, 12:09 PM
One time... I was playing 5 Card stud at the casinos... I had the 9, 10, Queen, King and Ace of Clubs...

when looking at how close I was to collecting huge monies for a Royal Flush...I was just a Jack off.

Condolences' to you Oceans :(

Lord Beefus

I'm one jousting visit short with 0 gems ��

infinitelove19
05-04-15, 12:23 PM
Well, I kinda wish I'd looked here sooner, to be able to get the second horse, too... but I'm also kinda glad I didn't know, as it would've meant another gem purchase.

As for which hirse to pick, this kept me waiting a few days. I decided to go with Rouncey, because I liked the name better. Saying "Rouncey" makes me smile!! ;-)

mybunnytail
05-04-15, 12:59 PM
I am so excited I finally got my baby horse! I am amazed I finished this considering I didn't even have a jousting arena when this started. By the time I collected from the arena 10 times I had 98 paws. By the way I spent no coins on this. ��

I picked Destrier because he looks like he's a blue roan and I would love to have a blue roan quarter horse! ��

mreames
05-04-15, 01:45 PM
Congrats!!! Glad you made it! :)

I am so excited I finally got my baby horse! I am amazed I finished this considering I didn't even have a jousting arena when this started. By the time I collected from the arena 10 times I had 98 paws. By the way I spent no coins on this. ��

I picked Destrier because he looks like he's a blue roan and I would love to have a blue roan quarter horse! ��

moon331
05-04-15, 01:52 PM
I may missed somewhere. What's the collection time for the horses?
I am thinking about buying a second horse. 40 Energy is tempting!

ROUNCEY the palomino:
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 fur
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 rat tail

DESTRIER the black horse
40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 creep tooth

Seriously700
05-04-15, 02:01 PM
I may missed somewhere. What's the collection time for the horses?
I am thinking about buying a second horse. 40 Energy is tempting!

ROUNCEY the palomino:
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 fur
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 rat tail

DESTRIER the black horse
40 energy, 1 light armor, 1 fur
40 energy, 1 longsword, 1 creep tooth

Same collection time as white alicorn - once a week.

moon331
05-04-15, 02:07 PM
Same collection time as white alicorn - once a week.

Thank you! I just sold my lv.5 stables, bought new stables and upgraded them to lv.4. Now I have 400+ gems and I will save gems for a second horse.

I have been playing CS for 2 years and I owned and maxed out everything. Good to have a new goal!

SpiritWind00
05-04-15, 02:11 PM
I've been asked if I could create a poll for which choice of horse we made... Will do later this today, so keep an eye out for it. ;)

katbtodd
05-04-15, 02:16 PM
I've been asked if I could create a poll for which choice of horse we made... Will do later this today, so keep an eye out for it. ;)

Been going to my neighbors daily and poling this my self , pretty even

Kamylotmee
05-04-15, 06:48 PM
Well, the steed quest is over and I was short 5 stable visit, 34 beast battle. I try hard and now can't continue with the quest, all the things I did finish is gone and wasted. So, what was the purpose of playing this quest? I don't know if I should try any more of these long time quest, if you know you can't finish.

SpiritWind00
05-04-15, 07:51 PM
Well, the steed quest is over and I was short 5 stable visit, 34 beast battle. I try hard and now can't continue with the quest, all the things I did finish is gone and wasted. So, what was the purpose of playing this quest? I don't know if I should try any more of these long time quest, if you know you can't finish.

I'm so sorry you didn't finish. I know it's little consolation, but give yourself points for obviously trying hard. Not everyone finishes an event and for lower leveled players I appreciate it can be more difficult depending on the what the event is about. Try not to let it discourage you from trying other events in the future. We all have to make a choice about participating as events can be very time consuming. I can't even contemplate participating in some events in other TL games I play. I simply do not have the time. So I've missed out on all sorts of prizes, but I just accept that and keep going with what I can do. :)

Fantasmagoria
05-04-15, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned. I checked back the past few pages and didn't see it, but didn't want to read over 100 to see if it had been addressed. I haven't had internet access for the past 24 hours, and just managed to log in now. I petted my baby Rouncey and it said it is now an adult Rouncey, but the image has changed to a pile of bricks. I force closed my device, but he was still a pile of bricks and I then put him into my inventory and pulled him out again. Still a pile of bricks. Is this just me, or is it happening to everyone?

SpiritWind00
05-04-15, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned. I checked back the past few pages and didn't see it, but didn't want to read over 100 to see if it had been addressed. I haven't had internet access for the past 24 hours, and just managed to log in now. I petted my baby Rouncey and it said it is now an adult Rouncey, but the image has changed to a pile of bricks. I force closed my device, but he was still a pile of bricks and I then put him into my inventory and pulled him out again. Still a pile of bricks. Is this just me, or is it happening to everyone?

you have to love graphics! The same thing has happened with the wedding alicorn turning into Pepe. I'll let the team know. thanks for posting.

Fantasmagoria
05-04-15, 08:29 PM
Thanks, SpiritWind.

reliquary
05-04-15, 09:00 PM

Omg...a pile of bricks?!

We soooo need a picture of this!

88silver
05-04-15, 09:14 PM
Mine was briefly a pile like that. It looked like a 2x1 construction site for enough seconds to make me worry, but then it loaded the adult Rouncey sprite.

Fantasmagoria
05-04-15, 09:22 PM
Mine was briefly a pile like that. It looked like a 2x1 construction site for enough seconds to make me worry, but then it loaded the adult Rouncey sprite.

Yes, that's exactly what mine looks like. Unfortunately, it's still like that, after more than an hour.

Gabi2111
05-04-15, 10:54 PM
you have to love graphics! The same thing has happened with the wedding alicorn turning into Pepe. I'll let the team know. thanks for posting.

Wedding alicorn turning into Pepe????
Hahahaha ....that's hilarious .

Korlcek
05-04-15, 11:21 PM
Omg...a pile of bricks?!

We soooo need a picture of this!

Here it is before it loaded.

SpiritWind00
05-04-15, 11:37 PM
Well, on the bright side, your horse never looked so good! I've added your picture to my report. Does it look like that to your neighbours?

Fantasmagoria
05-04-15, 11:47 PM
Well, on the bright side, your horse never looked so good! I've added your picture to my report. Does it look like that to your neighbours?

I just checked again. And he has finally loaded! Yay! I'd been checking in, off and on, for the past couple of hours, and it was still like a construction site the last time i checked.

Thanks for your help.

SpiritWind00
05-05-15, 12:06 AM
Would love to take credit, but it wasn't me. Not sure they've seen my report yet! Still, it's worth reporting and getting it checked if it's happening to others as well, but good to hear it has resolved itself. Thanks for the update! :)

Fantasmagoria
05-05-15, 12:24 AM
Would love to take credit, but it wasn't me. Not sure they've seen my report yet! Still, it's worth reporting and getting it checked if it's happening to others as well, but good to hear it has resolved itself. Thanks for the update! :)

Oh no, I realised that your report wouldn't have gotten to them yet. But, I still thank you for your help in making out a report etc, even if it ended up resolving itself.

jellyjae
05-05-15, 04:02 PM
Is it just me or did the choosing your horse part change to timed? The Stallion Selection suddenly says I have 2 days to finish it 😱

sari2016
05-05-15, 04:34 PM
Equine education was listed as an untimed goal. Now suddenly it's expiring on the 7!!! Since the goal is to pet 5 times which takes 5 days why wasn't this decided early. Even when there is a good quest it seems something has to be done to mess it up for the fans....

aroara
05-05-15, 04:38 PM
The only thing i havent done is tour. My stable is lv 4. What to i lose if i dont visit the stable? 1 sugar? Both my stallions are adults. Is the option to buy more horses in the future going to disapear??

Jetzin
05-05-15, 04:42 PM
I took my time upgrading my stable to level 5 because we were told that the last two quests were untimed. Now I won't be able to finish because a timer has suddenly appeared. Was this an accident? If it was always planned we should have been told with enough time to be able to complete the quest.

PikaSquirrel
05-05-15, 04:51 PM
Equine education was listed as an untimed goal. Now suddenly it's expiring on the 7!!! Since the goal is to pet 5 times which takes 5 days why wasn't this decided early��. Even when there is a good quest it seems something has to be done to mess it up for the fans....

We'll look into this, thanks for mentioning.

shambalaya
05-05-15, 05:02 PM
Oh TL, why oh why?! :(

You said loud and clear that the goals after need for steed were NOT timed!
I don't want to hear your excuses about belatedly realizing the "unintended" option to be able to buy more horses indefinitely. That would reveal incredibly sloppy work and how out of touch with your fans you are! It's totally beyond me why you would even WANT to close the option to buy more overpriced 999 gem horses??
This is really bad form and I am getting the bad walicorn taste in my mouth.
Please check what you're putting on the market / in our questbook BEFORE it goes out, because this retracting business is not cool AT ALL and it is alienating your customers. Some people sold their lv5 stables, waisting a lot of resources! Others (like me) started depleting our golden items stock to make enough gems, now there will not be enough time! There won't even be enough time to finish the goals, since the petting takes 5 days and the goals expire in two. The completionist in me is revolting!

PikaSquirrel
05-05-15, 05:45 PM
The two Goals, "Stallion Selection" and "Equine Education", have been extended. Please be sure to use your Official Horse Deed and craft your Horse before it expires. Thanks!

roguebee
05-05-15, 06:12 PM
Is the timed goal Equine Education simply the 20 energies reward that we would lose if we fail to meet it? If that is the reward, then a lot of people are getting stirred up over something relatively minor.

I have "2" days and 1 more petting, so that isn't an issue for me.

Now I see it has been extended by a week to 9 days.

AnniePMH
05-05-15, 06:36 PM
The two Goals, "Stallion Selection" and "Equine Education", have been extended. Please be sure to use your Official Horse Deed and craft your Horse before it expires. Thanks!

Hard to see how they were extended, since not timed in the first place, lol...:rolleyes: However, I've already finished the goals, but keeping two (bought) horses as babies in my Queendom. I would like to receive confirmation that they will remain there after this new timing expires. If they should disappear somehow, I will be less than happy.

nikkimommy2014
05-05-15, 06:40 PM
Also they just told us that as long as we don't collect from the stables we would get to keep the option of buying a second horse. Is this still the case or did they change their minds? If the timer expires and I haven't collected from the stable will the crafting option disappear, will my current horse disappear/no longer drop energy etc?

PikaSquirrel
05-05-15, 06:41 PM
Hard to see how they were extended, since not timed in the first place, lol...:rolleyes: However, I've already finished the goals, but keeping two (bought) horses as babies in my Queendom. I would like to receive confirmation that they will remain there after this new timing expires. If they should disappear somehow, I will be less than happy.

Your horses in your Kingdom will not disappear. :) If anyone used 999 Gems to get more horses, they are yours to keep.

mreames
05-05-15, 06:48 PM
The first Goal and Goals associated with the tasks from the first goal are timed and will start today at April 16th at 12 PM DST and will end May 4th 12 PM DST. After you complete the very first Goal "Need for Steed", the following 2 Goals are not timed.

Wow, just... Wow..... Smh in utter disbelief.

mudkipsssssss
05-05-15, 06:49 PM
Wait so you made a not timed quest timed ? Really TL?

nikkimommy2014
05-05-15, 06:50 PM
So will the ability to craft more horses for gems disappear when the timer ends?

AnniePMH
05-05-15, 06:55 PM
Your horses in your Kingdom will not disappear. :) If anyone used 999 Gems to get more horses, they are yours to keep.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I take this as confirmation that I do not have to let my horses grow up before the timer expires, they can remain babies.

PikaSquirrel
05-05-15, 07:27 PM
Thank you for the speedy reply. I take this as confirmation that I do not have to let my horses grow up before the timer expires, they can remain babies.

Yes, as long as you have them already placed in your Kingdom, you're good. If you choose not to pet them and grow them up into adults for the quest "Equine Education", that's fine.

PikaSquirrel
05-05-15, 07:29 PM
So will the ability to craft more horses for gems disappear when the timer ends?

Yes, if you still have "Stallion Selection" and have not used your Official Horse Deed yet, you'll need to use it to finish crafting the Horse before it expires. Once it expires, the Horse crafts will disappear.

mollyisadog123
05-05-15, 07:34 PM
Hi! I am working on the equine education goal. It says that the goal expires in 9 days. It also says to pet my horse 5 times. I can only collect from my horse once every 7 days, so thus is an impossible goal. Is something wrong with my game or my horse?

madeinseattle
05-05-15, 07:35 PM
I was out of the running for the 2nd steed as I collected from my level 5 stables..I even sold them and started over getting them to Level4. But nothing worked.,and now I hear you're taking that option away for the players who can do it. THAT SUCKS !!!

meme1098
05-05-15, 08:17 PM
Hi! I am working on the equine education goal. It says that the goal expires in 9 days. It also says to pet my horse 5 times. I can only collect from my horse once every 7 days, so thus is an impossible goal. Is something wrong with my game or my horse?

If your steed is a baby, you can tap/pet him once a day. Once he's grown up, collection time is once a week.

****After all this time & players posting about not tapping the level 5 stable for like a week, now you decide to change the untimed goal to timed???!!!???. Really TL??? Another bad move on your part!!

SpiritWind00
05-05-15, 08:51 PM
I've read through everything posted here and in Bugs forum and here is a summary. I'll add this to post 2 once I know I haven't missed anything. Please add or correct text if you believe it's incomplete or incorrect.

1. You must place your horse before the goal expires and all 3 parts are now timed
2. Extra time has now been given to the goal
3. Level 5 stables are now a must, so upgrade and finish that part of the goal if you haven't already and buy your extra horse/s before the goal expires
4. The ability to craft horses will end when the goal expires
5. If you don't pet your horse 5 times you will only miss out on the goal reward. Your horse can grow up any time
6. If you don't finish raising your horse you only miss out on the goal reward (same as no 5)

AuntyRose32
05-05-15, 09:05 PM
Such nonsense. The goal is not timed but now it is timed...wha...?!

You guys really need to pick a plan and stick to it, the renaging on these kind of things is just unprofessional and tiresome for your customers.
I guess you thought that by sticking a ridiculous price tag of 999 gems on a horse would discourage anyone from buying it and your un-timed goal wouldn't matter because people would want to collect their 20 big ones and all would be well. Well you seriously underestimated your players on this one, there were plenty of people willing to spend that money (I was even considering it myself)

If people want to throw money at you TL why is that a problem....you like our money so why are you shutting this very lucrative 999 gem horse down? It can't be because it would throw the economy of the game off, the horse drops energy....if I want more energy I can by myself a bunch more Alicorns.....I think I could buy 2/3 for the price of this horse and they'd give me energy too, so what gives. What's the excuse this time?

Makes no sense to me whatsoever, but hey what do I know, I'm only a paying customer.

Gabi2111
05-05-15, 09:06 PM
Stupid question....but what's the difference between alicorn and those horses?
I don't have an alicorn yet, only 2 horses. Don't the alicorns give also 40 energy and cost less gold?
Just trying to make up my mind if I want to buy another horse or rather settle for an alicorn

meme1098
05-05-15, 09:11 PM
Stupid question....but what's the difference between alicorn and those horses?
I don't have an alicorn yet, only 2 horses. Don't the alicorns give also 40 energy and cost less gold?
Just trying to make up my mind if I want to buy another horse or rather settle for an alicorn

Yep...alicorn is 600 gems in the Market Place. Steed Deed is 999 gems. Each are collected only once a week.

How can you extend the timer on a goal that never had a timer to begin with?? :confused:

So I thought TL was in the business to make money but I guess buying gems to get more steeds isn't contributing to TL/S8's money flow??? Wow...someone needs to take a few business courses since this makes zero sense.

Gabi2111
05-05-15, 09:13 PM
Yep...alicorn is 600 gems in the Market Place. Steed Deed is 999 gems. Each are collected only once a week.

Thanks. Then I'm good with 2 horses and rather buy an alicorn or two over time. Look like horses, have wings and are cheaper :)

mreames
05-05-15, 09:19 PM
I'll be keeping my NEW REPLACEMENT stables at level 4 just as a reminder.

madeinseattle
05-05-15, 09:31 PM
I'll be keeping my stables at level 4 just as a reminder.

So will I.

Korlcek
05-05-15, 10:45 PM
I thought that TL will cate a new goal that will require us to collect from a level 5 stable, but this timed one is more direct i guess

29vanilla
05-05-15, 11:05 PM
So now I'm really confused. I have my steeds one of each but not together sadly. 999 gems too much for me. But with 2 accts I can enjoy them both. Thank you TL. BUT. I'm not too excited about upgrading my stables to level 5 at this time. So my question is; do we have to in order to keep our beautiful steeds? Sorry if it's been answered, I read some of the comments on here but sill confused. Thanks

Korlcek
05-05-15, 11:30 PM
So now I'm really confused.

Especially confusing statement is this one from SpiritWind:
Level 5 stables are now a must

AnniePMH
05-05-15, 11:36 PM
I thought that TL will cate a new goal that will require us to collect from a level 5 stable

Those were my thoughts too... Apparently this was an urgent business:confused:

29vanilla
05-05-15, 11:39 PM
Well I guess I missed that :(. I hope your pointing that out in order to help me and/or others players.

ShibuyaCloth
05-05-15, 11:41 PM
Goal #3 Equine Education - NOW Timed was not timed, and now it is timed
. Obedience Training x5 TRAIN (skip 50g)
. Trick Training x2 TRAIN (skip 10g)
. Pet Baby Horse x5 PET (skip 5g)
. Raise Baby Horse x1 (skip 5g) --> Has been removed
REWARDS: Energy +20

The last quest has changed! Anyway, this quest will not change much if you do not do it.

AnniePMH
05-05-15, 11:46 PM
Yes, as long as you have them already placed in your Kingdom, you're good. If you choose not to pet them and grow them up into adults for the quest "Equine Education", that's fine.

Hmm, tricksy business, this...Will they be able to grow up after the timer on this event runs out, or will they then have to remain babies forever? This is important, considering we know nothing yet about possibility of rare random drops from the horses. I just might want to let them grow up later...:rolleyes:

SpiritWind00
05-05-15, 11:53 PM
AMENDED TO MAKE CLEARER:

I've read through everything posted here and in Bugs forum and here is a summary. I'll add this to post 2 once I know I haven't missed anything. Please add or correct text if you believe it's incomplete or incorrect.

1. You must place your horse before the goal expires and all 3 parts are now timed
* amended 3. If you want the reward for finishing Stallion Selection (1 sugar), you have to collect from a Level 5 stable
5. If you don't pet your horse 5 times you will only miss out on the goal reward. Your horse can grow up any time
6. If you don't finish raising your horse you only miss out on the goal reward (same as no 5)

Especially confusing statement is this one from SpiritWind:
Level 5 stables are now a must

I had hoped to make things less confusing... Sorry! Amended no 3.

Please let me know if I need to amend anything else in my post as I specifically asked for feedback.

AnniePMH
05-06-15, 12:01 AM
AMENDED TO MAKE CLEARER

I had hoped to make things less confusing... Sorry! Amended no 3.

Please let me know if I need to amend anything else in my post as I specifically asked for feedback.

I need confirmation on no 5. Are you sure about that?:)

SpiritWind00
05-06-15, 12:13 AM
I need confirmation on no 5. Are you sure about that?:)

Have sent through a request for urgent confirmation. Kooky may post answer depending on timing.

CharmOfLea
05-06-15, 12:16 AM
Oh my, just now first time I log into my game today.... to find this:

PS Thanks everybody, for the recent comments here. I might have ended up questioning my sanity...

figththefire
05-06-15, 12:35 AM
When is the last day of the updated quest?

Anaboe
05-06-15, 12:39 AM
Really don't know how to express my feelings. Disgust, dissapointment, confusion, distrust, apathie.

TL/S8 has let us down time after time, again and again, and it still manages to surprize me every time it finds a new way to screw us over.

I bought the gems, for real money, sold both my lvl 5 Stables, was a bit shocked to see how expensive it was to level them to 4, but did it anyway. Since I don't have the money to buy gems regularly, and I rarely fall into gem-traps, I decided not to spent all my gems yet, in case there would come up another offer - I had plenty of time, atleast as long as I didn't raised the Stables to lvl 5, right?

WRONG!!!

Really, hate and disgust is all I can feel righ now. Did you like screwing us over? I hope you did, then atleast one of us enjoyed it.

shambalaya
05-06-15, 01:11 AM
Oh TL, why oh why?! :(

You said loud and clear that the goals after need for steed were NOT timed!
I don't want to hear your excuses about belatedly realizing the "unintended" option to be able to buy more horses indefinitely. That would reveal incredibly sloppy work and how out of touch with your fans you are! It's totally beyond me why you would even WANT to close the option to buy more overpriced 999 gem horses??
This is really bad form and I am getting the bad walicorn taste in my mouth.
Please check what you're putting on the market / in our questbook BEFORE it goes out, because this retracting business is not cool AT ALL and it is alienating your customers. Some people sold their lv5 stables, waisting a lot of resources! Others (like me) started depleting our golden items stock to make enough gems, now there will not be enough time! There won't even be enough time to finish the goals, since the petting takes 5 days and the goals expire in two. The completionist in me is revolting!

I just woke up, hoping it would all be a bad dream! I just don't understand why you would want to close the option to craft more horses, you're closing the opportunity for people to use massive amounts of gems for something which really doesn't affect the game economy. 40 energy a week, you can just buy an alicorn, Sword/armor you can get when you collect from jousting arena, Knights hall, the fort and dragons. 1 a week won't make any difference.

What I deeply dislike is how you're changing the rules of the game, going back on something you said just a few weeks ago. I dislike that I no longer trust you! I will no longer believe what you say, and this just feels incredibly sad :(
After several such incidents, the earliest I remember being the fortune teller where you promised us new fortunes every few days which turned out to be every few weeks/months, the whole wedding alicorn disgrace and now this...

This is a wonderful game and I still see everything which is amazing about it and the effort which has been put into it, but same like any person in my life who is a wonderful person with amazing qualities and who goes and does something like this repeatedly, it just changes the relationship. I'm so disappointed in you.

Please read more about the importance of customer satisfaction and weigh all you small business decisions against that.
Was it really worth it?

Korlcek
05-06-15, 02:01 AM
Simply put the two horses on the market for 999 gems. I just can't see a reason for not doing that in the first place.

craftfan
05-06-15, 03:18 AM
Could it be that the reason the goal is now timed.....extended.....is so that we don't get an update for another 9 days???

CharmOfLea
05-06-15, 03:58 AM
Simply put the two horses on the market for 999 gems. I just can't see a reason for not doing that in the first place.

If in the market infinitely, one can theoretically save up 999 in-game gems and purchase a horse at any given point in time, thus generating 0 revenue. By squeezing the timeframe, one has to go ahead and transfer real life money to S8 in the next 9 days, regardless of sale/no sale gem price. Might be the company is struggling with its numbers and needs profit quickly (or just wishing to grow, S8 is not a public company, no way for me to know). The recent baron's tent, with cats and dogs having been requested again and again, and finally made available, follows the same principle.

With two years worth of documented suggestions threads' data, no guesswork is required to predict what would sell well. The winter bakery while being the most expensive item, went well for 750. Now with a price jump to 999, horses still sell well (more helpful wizard schools go for 200, alicorns with the same benefit of 40/7 are at 600, but cute horses will fly out later in the game for 999). There might be another long-time-desired item in the pipeline with a higher price tag.

Exclusivity marketing works. Limited supply creates demand. Get it now, or forever regret it. Bring highly wished for items to the gamers one at a time, always for a limited period of time and worry about long-term customer satisfaction later. The unhappy ones are the ones who didn't pay u anyway. A good quality product (original developers and artists) with excellent ideas for the future (forum community), will run for a while.

tito786
05-06-15, 05:36 AM
Waiting for my first collection....one more day to go

kittensabc
05-06-15, 05:42 AM
To be honest, I was shocked when we learned that you could buy more horses for 999 gems. That seems like a very odd number (out of line with its worth) but they might have just thrown that number in there because every item needs a "buy now" option in a crafting recipie. If so, this explains why they are correcting their mistake.

Seriously700
05-06-15, 06:23 AM
I thought I was being cynical when I suggested in the steed poll thread that I was expecting TL to secretly take away the option to continue to buy more steeds. Not because I thought it made good business sense, because it doesn't, imo. But it just seemed to me like the ongoing option was probably yet be another mistake on TL's part and that it would likely be rectified in an underhanded way.

What gets me most is that there were forum discussions about buying more steeds for more than a week. During that time, players were making decisions about how to proceed in the game. Should they upgrade their stables? Should they sell level 5 stables? Should they buy a gem sale or wait? Should they do the gold trade to help earn more gems? We were also trying to decide what the drops were for this very expensive item, because TL wouldn't disclose what we were getting for our efforts and gems.

I postponed ending the monster mash for a week, because I was debating whether it was worth it to me to get a second steed right away, as well as whether it was worth it to sell my level 5 stables to keep the option open to buy one or more at a later date. I decided against selling my stables because I DIDN'T TRUST TL to keep that option open, even though that option should have remained open as long as that UNTIMED request stayed open. That delay of a week meant I missed out on collecting a total of 80 energy from my 2 steeds. Had TL been forthcoming in their communications, I would have had the extra energy. Which is still less of a loss than the 100 each of corn, wheat, carrots and cabbage if I had sold my stables.

Why did you wait until after the timed portion of this event ended before changing the remainder of these goals? And why didn't you issue a statement in advance letting people know that a major change was going to be made?

TL, you really have to hire more QA staff as well as a competent PR person who handles customer relations. You are repeatedly alienating loyal, paying customers through frequent errors that are handled horribly.

amerirish
05-06-15, 07:12 AM
I don't see either horse in my market, am I missing something?

Also, has anyone actually collected from one of them yet? I can't imagine what it could drop that takes 5 days to collect.

meme1098
05-06-15, 07:18 AM
I don't see either horse in my market, am I missing something?

Also, has anyone actually collected from one of them yet? I can't imagine what it could drop that takes 5 days to collect.

They're not available in the Market. You have to craft them in the workshop or forge before the newly timed goal expires.
They drop 40 energy + something else every 7 days., see post #2

Could it be that the reason the goal is now timed.....extended.....is so that we don't get an update for another 9 days???

You may have part of the answer there...the other being you have to spend your gems now (quick cash for TL/S8) in order to get as many as you want as suggested by another poster.

rainbowvalley4
05-06-15, 07:39 AM
So I'm so confused now! Do I need to have my stable at level 5 to keep my horse? I earned the horse by completing the 3 parts of the first goal ( the original timed part). I have a level 3 stable. I choose my horse and placed him in my kingdom. The equine education goal came up and now it is gone. Will I lose my horse? Earlier posts mentioned if you bought your horse with gems you get to keep the horse. But what about those of us who just played the game to earn the horse? And then can't finish the last two goals in time?

meme1098
05-06-15, 07:44 AM
Not to worry...you got the horse from the goal, it's yours.

****See what you're doing to your players TL!! They don't trust anything you say or do anymore!

rainbowvalley4
05-06-15, 07:51 AM
Thanks! Good to know.

nortonmalc
05-06-15, 07:52 AM
I had pet my horse to adulthood while I was upgrading my stable. So now I'm on the last task where I have to pet my horse 5 times in 9 days when I can only do so once every 7 days. That's goofy.

meme1098
05-06-15, 08:29 AM
The baby steed should be every day...has it changed too???

Adult steed is once a week collection time.

Oops...understand your post now. Sorry...:)
Comprehension is slower than reading time...lol

Since you completed the pet & grow up part, it should have ticked off right away when next goal to do that popped up. Why it didn't is another goof on TL/s8's part.

Anaboe
05-06-15, 09:06 AM
If in the market infinitely, one can theoretically save up 999 in-game gems and purchase a horse at any given point in time, thus generating 0 revenue. By squeezing the timeframe, one has to go ahead and transfer real life money to S8 in the next 9 days, regardless of sale/no sale gem price. Might be the company is struggling with its numbers and needs profit quickly (or just wishing to grow, S8 is not a public company, no way for me to know). The recent baron's tent, with cats and dogs having been requested again and again, and finally made available, follows the same principle.

With two years worth of documented suggestions threads' data, no guesswork is required to predict what would sell well. The winter bakery while being the most expensive item, went well for 750. Now with a price jump to 999, horses still sell well (more helpful wizard schools go for 200, alicorns with the same benefit of 40/7 are at 600, but cute horses will fly out later in the game for 999). There might be another long-time-desired item in the pipeline with a higher price tag.

Exclusivity marketing works. Limited supply creates demand. Get it now, or forever regret it. Bring highly wished for items to the gamers one at a time, always for a limited period of time and worry about long-term customer satisfaction later. The unhappy ones are the ones who didn't pay u anyway. A good quality product (original developers and artists) with excellent ideas for the future (forum community), will run for a while.
QFT.

I wish TL/S8 had figured this out on forehand. You can't change the rules during half time, or even 5 minutes before the end.

And yes, I bet this goal being limited, is also a reason for TL to not give any new updates the next 2 weeks.

Ow, and yes, I just refunded the gems I had bought to buy a second horse - but had not yet used.

reliquary
05-06-15, 09:53 AM
WTH?
How can you make an UNTIMED goal TIMED?!?
It was blatantly stated when we started the quest that the last goals were UNTIMED

WHY would you take a successful, profitable (and kinda fun) goal and then PUNISH those that play it well?!?

Are they actually playing us psychologicaly "promising us a carrot on a string...and then snatching it away"

EVERY new goal seems to be this way....hum?!?

kat8rose
05-06-15, 10:06 AM
kind of feels like I went out to play baseball and the bat boy handed me a tennis racquet in the 8th inning!

katbtodd
05-06-15, 10:11 AM
I'm so happy I decide to only get the one the game gave me . He drop his 40 energies an armor and fur this morning .

PikaSquirrel
05-06-15, 11:02 AM
So now I'm really confused. I have my steeds one of each but not together sadly. 999 gems too much for me. But with 2 accts I can enjoy them both. Thank you TL. BUT. I'm not too excited about upgrading my stables to level 5 at this time. So my question is; do we have to in order to keep our beautiful steeds? Sorry if it's been answered, I read some of the comments on here but sill confused. Thanks

If you do not want to upgrade your Stable to level 5, you don't need to. You only need to if you want to complete Stallion Selection because for the first task, you need to collect from a level 5 Stable. You don't need to complete these Goals in order to keep your Horse that is already in your Kingdom.

From SpiritWind:

* amended 3. If you want the reward for finishing Stallion Selection (1 sugar), you have to collect from a Level 5 stable

29vanilla
05-06-15, 11:37 AM
Thank you PikaSquirrel and SpiritWind for your clarifications on upgrading farmhouse.

perry5
05-06-15, 12:28 PM
NWK: Excellent post, as always! I would love a 2nd horse, but just can't spare the $ for gems at this time. Was hoping over time I could amass a few more gems, reducing my need to buy so many, and still get the 2nd horse horse. A fair compromise, don't you think? Thanks TL for pulling the rug out from under us again. You are quickly managing to drive off the few remaining loyal players you had!

NWK: you are SO right! We the people need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot by tipping our hands to the details we learn through play! We will find a way to rise up against this foe!

meme1098
05-06-15, 12:55 PM
If you do not want to upgrade your Stable to level 5, you don't need to. You only need to if you want to complete Stallion Selection because for the first task, you need to collect from a level 5 Stable. You don't need to complete these Goals in order to keep your Horse that is already in your Kingdom.

From SpiritWind:

So players who've already grown their horse before the goal that requires it will never get the 20 energy reward???

****Since they're one step ahead, why wouldn't that part of the goal be checked off for them since it was already completed??

kat8rose
05-06-15, 01:32 PM
So players who've already grown their horse before the goal that requires it will never get the 20 energy reward???

****Since they're one step ahead, why wouldn't that part of the goal be checked off for them since it was already completed??

Seriously, would the 20 energy affect the game's economy? if this remained untimed those who were planning on purchasing more horses could have grown them during this step, if they had already grown the goal reward horse.

clearlychri3
05-06-15, 02:34 PM
Please help had Rouncy pet once and now horse is a pile of materials. What happened?

Anaboe
05-06-15, 02:41 PM
It's good for the in-game economics, clearlychri3 ;)

No, just kiddin'. If you close your game and reopen it (sometimes it takes a couple of tries, over a few hours), it should be fine. I read more posts on this issue, and someone also posted a picture of it.

kooky panda
05-06-15, 02:41 PM
Please stay on topic. Posts need to be about this update only.
Off topic posts(full and partial off topic comments ) have been removed.

meme1098
05-06-15, 02:42 PM
Please help had Rouncy pet once and now horse is a pile of materials. What happened?

I would immediate email support: support@teamlava.com

And pm Pika & SpiritWind. Find their last post, tap their name, send a private message.

kooky panda
05-06-15, 02:45 PM
Spiritwind did report this over. It seems to be correcting itself .

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80752-Castle-Story-4-16-15-Choose-your-Steed!&p=1104957&viewfull=1#post1104957

bellibee
05-06-15, 02:52 PM
Yes, I'm annoyed too. I just need to pet my steed once more but can't finish the quest for 7 days as my Rouncy is full grown! Surely this could be checked off? Come on TL!

[S8] Elsa
05-06-15, 04:29 PM
As a reminder, please post in Forum Disputes if you have a question regarding a moderator action for assistance. This isn't appropriate to discuss on the regular forum. Thanks!

shihni
05-06-15, 04:33 PM
I didn't collect from a level five stable because I dont have one - it was level three. After all, there were big red letters on the first page that stated it wasn't a timed goal so no rush, right?

Good to know that your company's word means absolutely NOTHING and I do not give my money to liars. Congratulations, this goal lost you more paying customers! Pretty sure that isn't a viable way to run a business...

zaccy678
05-06-15, 04:54 PM
Haven't checked in for a couple of days, and now I'm CONFUSED!!

Why is everyone upset about finishing the goal in the time allowed?? You only get one additional sugar, right??
Once you've got your horse you don't need to worry about the rest of the goal??

Or have I missed something?? :eek: :confused: :(

(I understand some people wanted to be able to save up for additional horseys, I get that... Although I for one am way too tight to hand over that much cash for a virtual horse ;))

shihni
05-06-15, 05:28 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm upset that TL fed us a bunch of horse hockey. I don't care about the loss of potentially getting more horses. I don't care about the sugar, or the 20 energy from the following goal. I do not, however, appreciate being lied to. Period.

PikaSquirrel
05-06-15, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Please force close your game and check your Kingdom Goals list for a little thank you from us for all of your patience and support in the game.

Anaboe
05-06-15, 05:29 PM
20 gems and a 25-energy crate.

It's nice, thank you, but why??? Why take away our option to craft another one in time, despite telling us it was an untimed goal, and now this?

dragon2046
05-06-15, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the gift TL. :). Gems and energy. Woohoo.!

GarfieldandPookie
05-06-15, 05:51 PM
Yay! I was super excited when I opened my game!

PrincessCupOButter
05-06-15, 06:11 PM
When I first got the horse, I tapped on him once before the goal to pet the horse showed up. So...I could only visit him 4 times. I had the goal left with one visit remaining (waiting for the horse to be ready to collect from) and on the day the original quest expired, my goal auto-completed. I got a pop-up telling me it was done and gave me the 20 energy.
I had visited the level 5 stable because I did not intend to purchase another horse, but I really wish the rules wouldn't change mid-quest. It just seems wrong.
Also, I do want to say thank you for the gift of gems and energy and the bug fix. Gifting is working again for me!

momsfarm89
05-06-15, 06:46 PM
Thank you!!!!

zaccy678
05-06-15, 07:16 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm upset that TL fed us a bunch of horse hockey. I don't care about the loss of potentially getting more horses. I don't care about the sugar, or the 20 energy from the following goal. I do not, however, appreciate being lied to. Period.

Fair enough, I was just wondering if I had missed some other step that we now had to do or something...

Personally I'll be happy to see the goal go, since I had no intention of updating my stables to Level 5 for the reward of a lump of sugar, which means the goal would be there forever.. I recognise that I'm obviously in the minority though ;)

I mean it's not as if they pilfered our beloved horseys in the dead of night (cough cough) :p

Oh and thanks for the gift S8 :o Glimmerbat habitat you will soon be mine....

madeinseattle
05-06-15, 07:48 PM
Thank you !

reliquary
05-06-15, 09:08 PM
Um...I saw the "new goal" arrow pointing at my goal book....read this "gift of 20 gems for no reason" thing, and dared not tap accept blindly.

I do not trust this or anything they say, and wanted to read something here first before accepting.

Uhhhh......why the random gift of 20 gems?......uhh why?
I was willing to drop 999 gems for more horses.....
Wth is 20 gems?

AuntyRose32
05-06-15, 09:13 PM
Although I don't think it makes up for this fiasco but enough said about that, I would like to say thanks for the gift of gems and energy TL. It was a nice gesture and no nice gesture should go unaknowledged. So again, thank you.

Gabi2111
05-06-15, 09:44 PM
20 gems and energy !!! Thanks. Loving it

Gabi2111
05-06-15, 09:55 PM
I might have a blonde moment here but I don't get it.

My goal isn't gone yet, and so I could go, buy gems and get some horses if I wanted to.
I don't want that though, 2 is enough for me and if I understood it correctly alicorns do the same thing and are way cheaper.

That they changed the untimed goal to a timed goal isn't may be not the most elegant thing, but hey, we do have alicorns in the market? They have wings too. And 399 gems cheaper.
May be I misunderstand here something, very possible bc I can be a tad of an airhead :)

mreames
05-07-15, 08:32 AM
Hindsight is 20/20. A wedding alicorn for 0 in the market is pretty easy to understand it was a mistake and it was remedied within hours or less (removed from the market). Considering the "average" player doesn't have level 5 stables (there was never a goal to get above level 3) and a big deal was made about the last two goals being untimed upfront, I believe it was impossible to be considered an "exploit" without the benefit of hindsight. At one time I thought it might be a mistake but I became convinced that at 999 gems it actually behooved TL to allow them to be sold later, especially since a way was built in to allow them to continue to be sold. I'm pretty sure a lot of the eligible but low level players struggled just to get the one horse and never would have gotten a stable to level 5 anyway, had it been timed in the original 18 days. Growing 100 carrots with fewer plots is a hard enough challenge, let alone to grow 50 more just to upgrade the stable. So their option to buy additional horses would have remained and this should have been expected by the company. In fact, I had only raised my stables to level 5 the week before the event. I've been relatively quiet about this considering the level I've been upset about this but I find it rather disturbing to attack players for being upset about changing the game midstream. Most retail stores honor their mistakes unless the price is so ridiculously low as to be an obvious mistake. That was not the case here where the item in question was the most expensive item ever. Just my 2 cents and now I'll shut up again.

reliquary
05-07-15, 08:56 AM
"Exploiting glitches".....um no, it's called using your brain (yes, that is possible) while gaming. It's called sharing information.

It's the punishing of these thinking, resourceful players, who come to this community to share information about a "social arcade" game.

Another thing....when I was a child and my parents made me say " I'm sorry" I learned that it is much more importiant to say and recognize exactly what I did that was offending. Acknowledgment is what makes a wrong ...right :)

We still don't know WHY they decided to randomly give us some gems.

Oh and btw, it may have sounded like I was a spoiled brat....*In reality* I was waiting for my birthday next month buy some horses....friends know that I like iTunes gift cards. No one needs to defend themselves about using gems.
It is us who came to the forum to share info that were able to buy multiple horses and find out about drops and the stables.

Maybe they gave us the 20 gems cause they met the're quota...us knowing about the *glitch* and spending 999 gems

meme1098
05-07-15, 10:41 AM
All we want, is for TL/S8 to think things through. To be fair to us. To don't lie to us. To don't chance the rules in the last inning.

And if they do, please give us a good reason for it. "Game economics" isn't a good reason when it's only 40 energy per week at a huge, huge amount of costs.

Exactly!!! Be fair, don't lie, communicate with your players. That's not that hard!

From all the goal debacles this year you would think that TL/S8 would learn from their mistakes. Obviously not. I don't think anyone there actually plays CS or even tests the updates before they go live. That is obvious.

jaymieb2
05-07-15, 10:43 AM
What about the trailblazers of this quest? They whizzed through the quest as quickly as possible, sometimes spending huge sums of gems. They shared the information that they learned (thank you!). They followed the rules and missed the opportunity to exploit a glitch (yes, EXPLOIT!) And now have one horse while others used the info they shared and found a loophole...

I don't think it is game economics. I think there are special items available to players who participate during a particular time period. Items like the Bountiful Table, the Love Shack and all the other Valentine's Day items, the Witch's Cauldron, etc. I wasn't a player then, and don't have any of those special items. Players could acquire ONE of the specifically named items. Thus time, we could have one of each! (Honestly, I think we were only meant to choose one, TL listened and tried to find a way to offer both... which resulted in this chaos).

I do wish that the horses would be listed for a week (or some other designated amount of time) to allow those that completed the quest to purchase a second horse. Personally, the 999 gem price tag scared me off! ;-)

reliquary
05-07-15, 11:36 AM
Wow...just wow.

Easter eggs have been in games for a looooonnnggg time

Yet you still want to call it an exploit! The old log fortune is a prime example.
look around you...a lot of people play some games JUST TO FIGURE OUT THE EASTER EGGS.
They are almost always the main spark of any game's forum.

"Innocent little Castle Story" is developed by adults that should have some working knowledge of gaming history.

And if a large gaming company (think Xbox live) makes a mistake, or changes the rules late in the game.....those players would be rioting in the streets....and if you messed with the're money...the lawyers would be at the doorstep.

LadyLolepere
05-07-15, 11:55 AM
I completed...got the black horse and now it's disappeared

meme1098
05-07-15, 12:15 PM

Oh, man. Try force closing maybe?

mreames
05-07-15, 12:15 PM

Have you force closed your game and tried going back in?

jlee91587
05-07-15, 12:27 PM
I kind of hated this event. I worked my tail off on it, finally giving up the last days because I knew I'd never be able to complete it. And I'm at level 40. I found it impossible unless I wanted to use gems or purchase gems. Plus the event screwed up other quest lines I had. 😒😑

meme1098
05-07-15, 12:37 PM
It was very monotonous & tedious, not fun or challenging at all as one of my neighbors posted the other day. Most goal parts were such excessive tapping (800 buildings anyone) just to buy more time and make the goal cover more days.

CharmOfLea
05-07-15, 12:44 PM
Which level players recieved this offer?

meme1098
05-07-15, 12:48 PM
Me...level 50

My other account too....level 41

CharmOfLea
05-07-15, 12:52 PM
Me...level 50
Me as well, level 49. I'm very interested to find out if only the levels eligible for the recent horse quest are offered an extra Rouncey?

Liloze
05-07-15, 12:52 PM
Me...level 50

Same here, lvl 50 btw, Just saw it lol.

Anaboe
05-07-15, 12:56 PM
Just as soon as you think they couln't stoop any lower, they prove you wrong... I just had choosers the rounsey, and now I get another one offered for 4 more days?

That's 4 days of playing with disgust for me... It's almost the Wedding carriage all over, that one got in my inventory as soon as the event was over, because ot was a constant reminder of the screw-up from TL and I don't want that for this cure horse too! Please, please TL, do not make it any worse!

clinesweetcottage
05-07-15, 01:09 PM
I didn't intend to buy another horse (999 gems scares me off) but knowing that second and third goal are untimed, I take my sweet time to upgrade my stable to level 5 slowly (while petting my Rouncey). But now that it suddenly became timed, I won't be able to finish 3rd goal and get the 20 energy since my Rouncey is grown and need 7 days for 'petting'. So the 'thank you gift' is the compensation for this goal reward, plus some extra gems, which kind of neutralizes my feeling for this sudden change.

HOWEVER, there's a new special bundle on sale now, where we can buy Rouncey + arch + tower at a price which is almost equivalent to the price of 500 gems. Now I am interested cause it's 50% cheaper than the original price for extra horse and I love the special arch & tower too! Though I would perfer to buy Destrier as I already got Rouncey (any idea how I could channel my request to TL?).

perry5
05-07-15, 01:21 PM
Which level players recieved this offer?

I received it-lev 50. I already have Rouncey. Too bad we can't choose Rouncey or Destrier.

Seriously700
05-07-15, 01:27 PM
I received it-lev 50. I already have Rouncey. Too bad we can't choose Rouncey or Destrier.

Maybe a package with Destrier will be next week's update

clinesweetcottage
05-07-15, 01:30 PM
Just as soon as you think they couln't stoop any lower, they prove you wrong... I just had choosers the rounsey, and now I get another one offered for 4 more days?

That's 4 days of playing with disgust for me... It's almost the Wedding carriage all over, that one got in my inventory as soon as the event was over, because ot was a constant reminder of the screw-up from TL and I don't want that for this cure horse too! Please, please TL, do not make it any worse!

Ah, I think their strategy did work for naive player like me thiking that they did TRY to compromise by making the extra Rouncey cost half than it originally was. I am really considering buying (only setback is I want to buy Destrier rather than Rouncey) although I'm aware that we could earn the 999 gems over time have the goals remain untimed. But, but...saving 999 gems is hard (gem trap for another story) and buying it for cost that is almost equal to 500 gems seems much more ok to me (as some of the other players as I heard may originally plan on earning 500 gems and buying the balance gems to get their extra horse).

reliquary
05-07-15, 01:40 PM
I didn't intend to buy another horse (999 gems scares me off) but knowing that second and third goal are untimed, I take my sweet time to upgrade my stable to level 5 slowly (while petting my Rouncey). But now that it suddenly became timed, I won't be able to finish 3rd goal and get the 20 energy since my Rouncey is grown and need 7 days for 'petting'. So the 'thank you gift' is the compensation for this goal reward, plus some extra gems, which kind of neutralizes my feeling for this sudden change.

HOWEVER, there's a new special bundle on sale now, where we can buy Rouncey + arch + tower at a price which is almost equivalent to the price of 500 gems. Now I am interested cause it's 50% cheaper than the original price for extra horse and I love the special arch & tower too! Though I would perfer to buy Destrier as I already got Rouncey (any idea how I could channel my request to TL?).

Ah ha dear friend, the bundle price is only saving you 4.00$
Who buys gems not on sale?

Calculate the SALE price...never go on their silly "73% off" sale button.

Seriously700
05-07-15, 01:43 PM
I've been wondering whether there was any offer made to those who didn't complete the original timed goals to get the deed. I know that when you click on an expired timed goal, you are often given an offer to buy the reward. Usually at a premium - although I didn't know if they'd add a premium to 999 gem price - like they do with the daily market trades.

Anybody know?

mreames
05-07-15, 02:01 PM
Ah ha dear friend, the bundle price is only saving you 4.00$
Who buys gems not on sale?

Calculate the SALE price...never go on their silly "73% off" sale button.

Lol to answer your question... Guilty. Lol some of us never get sales, except once or twice a year. ;) my other account does though. Unfortunately my other account already chose Rouncey just to have one of each.

CharmOfLea
05-07-15, 02:06 PM
Lol to answer your question... Guilty. Lol some of us never get sales, except once or twice a year. ;) my other account does though. Unfortunately my other account already chose Rouncey just to have one of each.

I get sales every single week for over half a year straight. LOL They should read my sig and give the offers to somebody who would benefit from them.

mreames
05-07-15, 02:09 PM
I get sales every single week for over half a year straight. LOL They should read my sig and give the offers to somebody who would benefit from them.

Yes, whereas my other account might get a sale 3 or 4 days in a row.

LadyLolepere
05-07-15, 03:28 PM
Thanks.....yup force close brought my pony back

PikaSquirrel
05-07-15, 05:08 PM
You can go to the Value Pack thread HERE (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81404-Get-rouncy-for-20-00-the-next-four-days) for more info on it. Also, I moved the last few posts regarding the pack to that thread. It mentioned possible issues that other players may be experiencing as well, so I moved it to make it easier for them to find the thread related to their issue and chime in. Thanks! :)

Seriously700
05-07-15, 06:10 PM

Has TL staff responded to this issue? I started petting the horse in my 2nd account before upgrading my stable, so now that the goal is timed I won't have enough time to pet my horse 5 times. Obviously I already pet my horse 5 times since he's fully grown, but the counter doesn't recognize it.

I'm not even sure why TL had to make this goal timed - once you are on this goal, you no longer have the option to buy/craft another horse. So there's no advantage by allowing people to finish it properly.

Can it go back to being untimed? Or is this issue the rationale for the thank you package?

perry5
05-08-15, 01:32 AM
I just received an additional 15 gem bonus...some Woodland thing or another...anyone else? Is this another TL/S8 apology, or did I miss something?