PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 4/16/15: Choose your Steed!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

katbtodd
04-27-15, 01:15 AM
I have 21 unicorns , the decision was very hard to make I weight out a lot before I decided, since every body I knew was getting the black one I wanted to be different, Spirit was right about how you have to make a choice the economics of your own kingdoms and the choice we have to make for it,If it dropped more, to me a little over 40 energies is not worth the 999 gems , I thinking some bigger is coming down the road , so I got to save save save
Was thinking on naming my Great Palomino Brown Suger but I changed my mind
Hope you don't mine Spirit ,
Spirit it is !

SpiritWind00
04-27-15, 01:50 AM
Love it!!! (Loved the movie too with the same name).

katbtodd
04-27-15, 02:03 AM
Love it!!! (Loved the movie too with the same name).

Yes good movie ,,glad you don't mine

twyz
04-27-15, 04:51 AM
Is there a limit on the number of letters you can get per day or are my friends just not so great? I only seem to be averaging 15-20 a day and since I started a little late, at this rate I wont be able to make the deadline. I am at 60% and that would mean 2 more days at best to get there. Do I just need to add some new friends or am I just hitting the cap on how many I can get per day?

belbar22
04-27-15, 05:08 AM
Is there a limit on the number of letters you can get per day or are my friends just not so great? I only seem to be averaging 15-20 a day and since I started a little late, at this rate I wont be able to make the deadline. I am at 60% and that would mean 2 more days at best to get there. Do I just need to add some new friends or am I just hitting the cap on how many I can get per day?

20 is the cap but it is worth having at least 50 active neighbours to ensure you hit your 20 responses a day. Use the "Add Me" thread to get more neighbours (you can add me if you like). Sorry can't add the link, I am technologically challenged.

AnniePMH
04-27-15, 05:08 AM
I only get 20 requests back/day, one extra if I ask Stormie when I've already got the first 20!:) So Max 21.

kudukuda
04-27-15, 05:19 AM
Just started monster msh today... 3 down.... A thousand to go. But that's not what worries me... Jousting areana, first visit in 5 hours... Then every 12, but no chance that'll happen.... May have to gem skip the last part....

As for a second horse... No way! Too steep for me. Almost have enough for a second alicorn (mushroom put me back some). The drops don't do it for me...

twyz
04-27-15, 05:59 AM
20 is the cap but it is worth having at least 50 active neighbours to ensure you hit your 20 responses a day. Use the "Add Me" thread to get more neighbours (you can add me if you like). Sorry can't add the link, I am technologically challenged.

Thanks, I wnt ahead and added you. My kingdom is a bit of a mess right now because I have tones of farmhouses out to get the building collections over with quickly. I have 63 people on my list but sadly I think I havent hit the full 20 each day because I had 56 letters this morning instead of the full 60 I should have had before sending out more requests. This means I have another 2-3 days of letters to get. Luckily I have 100 gems saved up from other game quests that will hopefully be enough to cover whatever I need to at the very end to make it in time. I dont think I will be able to make all the jousting arena visits so I will need to get in as many as possible and skip the rest, only thing I am worried about after that is the paw drops, hopefully I can get enough of them to cover the remainder with gems.

mreames
04-27-15, 06:31 AM
My experience was that I got a paw from every battle, as long as the monsters counted for the event. Check the first page for info on monsters.

Thanks, I wnt ahead and added you. My kingdom is a bit of a mess right now because I have tones of farmhouses out to get the building collections over with quickly. I have 63 people on my list but sadly I think I havent hit the full 20 each day because I had 56 letters this morning instead of the full 60 I should have had before sending out more requests. This means I have another 2-3 days of letters to get. Luckily I have 100 gems saved up from other game quests that will hopefully be enough to cover whatever I need to at the very end to make it in time. I dont think I will be able to make all the jousting arena visits so I will need to get in as many as possible and skip the rest, only thing I am worried about after that is the paw drops, hopefully I can get enough of them to cover the remainder with gems.

Beeville99
04-27-15, 06:39 AM
On second thought, perhaps a horse is too much responsibility...

mreames
04-27-15, 06:42 AM
Lmao it does look like its about to be eaten in one bite. Lol

Seriously700
04-27-15, 06:48 AM
My black horse dropped 40 energy 1 armor and 1 fur. My brown horse dropped 40 energy 1 sword and 1 rat tail. I am wondering how my horses are getting furs and rat tails. Maybe we are better off not knowing! Lol. Have a great day everyone ! :)

Those drops are great for the earned steed, but not a great value if spending gems for an extra.

Since the energy drop is the same as a 600 gem alicorn, then the added drops should be worth the additional 399 gems. I can't imagine spending 399 gems on something that will only drop armor/fur or sword/rat tail once a week. I think TL really got the pricing wrong on this one.

Of course, I totally get it that some will want extra steeds because they are pretty cute additions to the kingdom. But I don't think they are worth it based on the drops.

I guess I should thank TL - I originally thought I was going to be really tempted to spend 999 gems. Now, not so tempted.

Seriously700
04-27-15, 06:48 AM

Too funny!

Seriously700
04-27-15, 07:08 AM
I wonder if the folks who don't earn the 3 seals in time will have an opportunity to pay the 999 gems for a deed.

I wonder if the goal for Stallion Selection will come up for them, with the options to gem the deed in their forge and workshop.

Or maybe when the timed goal expires and they hit finish, an option will come up for them to purchase any missing seals.

I'm guessing TL doesn't want to reveal what those options might be but it sure would be helpful to the many players who can't check in on their game often enough so they can make informed choices about spending their gems.

serinalisa
04-27-15, 07:11 AM
Ummm has anyone gotten a green fangbeast that requires 15 energy to ****? I have a picture but dont know how to attach to forum

katbtodd
04-27-15, 07:15 AM
My little one is very happy in a field of grass

icydove
04-27-15, 08:21 AM
I can't place the stable because I have too many buildings of that type. I sold a farmhouse, but that didn't help. What do I need to sell?

ETA: I just realized this isn't a different, special stable.

missmelodiewhite
04-27-15, 08:43 AM
I agree. They should have. I snatched that sale up so fast, thinking I'd have ten extra tickets to help with my expansions. I had to search through my storage to figure out what the heck, letters of recommendation were. So lame. The energy helped, but the letters I can use to throw at the Baron I suppose.

I hate how I'm collecting from building after building, for days now and I'm only at 63 percent. While I'm at 88 percent now for help from neighbors. I may have to gem it, after seeing how much progress I've made today. I wish I could see the numbers because I'm not getting one percent per building.

I DID THE EXACT same thing with the letters, thinking they were trade tickets. Man was I annoyed. Blah.

valmommy
04-27-15, 08:48 AM
Ummm has anyone gotten a green fangbeast that requires 15 energy to ****? I have a picture but dont know how to attach to forum

Yes, I've gotten him 4 times and 3 were 15 hits! :-( I got one this morning also.

kimberly0822
04-27-15, 09:05 AM

I got one the other day...also a yellow skunkpine. I like em

queentina3
04-27-15, 09:11 AM
Those drops are great for the earned steed, but not a great value if spending gems for an extra.

Since the energy drop is the same as a 600 gem alicorn, then the added drops should be worth the additional 399 gems. I can't imagine spending 399 gems on something that will only drop armor/fur or sword/rat tail once a week. I think TL really got the pricing wrong on this one.

Of course, I totally get it that some will want extra steeds because they are pretty cute additions to the kingdom. But I don't think they are worth it based on the drops.

I guess I should thank TL - I originally thought I was going to be really tempted to spend 999 gems. Now, not so tempted.

You know, I had this same exact thought the other day when I was debating with myself on whether I should get both of them for one of my accounts, and then finally decided not to. I'll get the black one for queentina3 and the brown one for 2tina and just be done with it. As nice as having both would be, the 999 gem price is just too much for what they'll actually drop once a week. If it was once a day......... :p

Wonkaland99
04-27-15, 09:15 AM
I was a week late starting here because I had not reached The First Match in the jousting arena. I did not think I would have a chance of reaching the end, but decided o give it a go anyway.
Now I think I should make it - I will finish the silver seal tomorrow morning, so if I can get about 8 beasts a day I will be ok.
I will try not to think about all the times I needed rat tails and got none. At least this time all beasts count!

beefus
04-27-15, 10:04 AM
Plant Corn.... even if you don't need it... plant it, and harvest as you have the energy... you will pop Skunks, only 3 hits to ****, save yer energy for more harvests...

Good luck!
Lord Beefus

I was a week late starting here because I had not reached The First Match in the jousting arena. I did not think I would have a chance of reaching the end, but decided o give it a go anyway.
Now I think I should make it - I will finish the silver seal tomorrow morning, so if I can get about 8 beasts a day I will be ok.
I will try not to think about all the times I needed rat tails and got none. At least this time all beasts count!

musegloria
04-27-15, 10:31 AM
I also started almost a week late, as I had been stuck on "Chill Out Potion" needing rat tails it seemed like forever. Got this done, and then was able to start. Also, had made the mistake to ask for hair when I expected to get to the 2nd stage of the horse challenge, so had already consumed 6 of the ASK gifting when asked for Letters of Reference. So, when I had finally reached 92/100 this morning, decided to purchase the package deal.

The 100 energy added to 40 gave me 140 energy, then was lucky enough to level up and get another +40 energy.

After all energy drained, I have dealt with 13 monsters already. Ratio of 13 monsters for 180 energy might not be the greatest, yet I'm happy to have these. Yes, I had wheat and sugar cane and a few hot peppers growing in the 52 (max) garden plots, and had all my mushrooms, flowers, and bushes out to tend, as well as several animals.

Happy to be where I am for this last stage of the challenge.

Will add though, being at level 34 and having so many other goals to complete, I'm finding these timed challenges quite a pain, and it is sapping the fun out of CS. I plan to start a new thread for everyone to comment. I would much rather see these as goals within the story line, added to the end, to keep the lv 50 players with something to focus on. This discussion does not belong here, but in a separate thread. When I get that thread created, I'll post here to ask you to share your Lv & thoughts.

Have a wonderful day,
Gloria :D

GarfieldandPookie
04-27-15, 10:37 AM
I feel like I'm the only one who is getting the brown horse beside one person.

katbtodd
04-27-15, 10:39 AM

Brown here see20022

venicej
04-27-15, 10:48 AM
I have finished goal but got one green fang beast- it took only 10 to **** and I got them all back! I have noticed I often get more energy dropped than it took to **** the beasts. You just have to have the energy to beat them. Also, did you know if you have a beast on your land another will not pop up? This works well when you don't need them and they are not covering a vital area. I often need them for furs though!

zelmalena
04-27-15, 10:53 AM
I just fought a yellow skunkupine!?!
Anyone else seen this critter?

ShibuyaCloth
04-27-15, 11:12 AM
Yes, it is special knitter made by Thomas for the 2014 anniversary tournament. See the beast nugget in the hub for more details.

ShibuyaCloth
04-27-15, 11:26 AM
I'll parked my Stalion in from of the castle, but in my queendom I will go for the brownie ;)

sophiensissi
04-27-15, 12:52 PM

And, you can craft additional alicorn in the love shack or whatever it's called :) I have all the parts except a wing, which costs 200 gems. So for 200 gems, I can have another alicorn which is pretty and my kids love how they fly.

sophiensissi
04-27-15, 12:53 PM
Brown here see20022

Oh cute! Congrats!

Seriously700
04-27-15, 01:43 PM
And, you can craft additional alicorn in the love shack or whatever it's called :) I have all the parts except a wing, which costs 200 gems. So for 200 gems, I can have another alicorn which is pretty and my kids love how they fly.

Wish I had that option. Started playing too late.

DeeDeeBird70
04-27-15, 02:07 PM
Please. The horse lover in me cringes when you call the Rouncey brown. With a white mane and tail and a dark gold body, he is a Palomino. Same as Roy Rogers Trigger. See my post on the bottom of page 89 for additional information.

By the way, Ser Clops a Lot, the galumphing horse on the progress screen is a Buckskin. Tan with a dark mane and tail.

For a horse to be called brown, body as well as mane and tail are a dark brown.

It is interesting, the censor will not let you post the word Palomino.

belbar22
04-27-15, 02:17 PM

No, I got the brown horse on this account. Although I did get the black horse on my other account.

beefus
04-27-15, 02:52 PM
Oooo we should start a new thread and list all the words that the censor won't let you post...

Please. The horse lover in me cringes when you call the Rouncey brown. With a white mane and tail and a dark gold body, he is a Palomino. Same as Roy Rogers Trigger. See my post on the bottom of page 89 for additional information.

By the way, Ser Clops a Lot, the galumphing horse on the progress screen is a Buckskin. Tan with a dark mane and tail.

kittensabc
04-27-15, 03:36 PM
I cannot choose, I just can't. They are both sitting in the workshop/forge waiting for me to make a decision but it is impossible! I love Destrier because he would make a nice color contrast with my glonder but at the same time Rouncy looks more friendly. Help me please!!!! It is just cruel to make us pick between them.

ginourmous
04-27-15, 04:14 PM
I have the same problem. Not sure which to pick. I am visiting everyone to see the horses and make a decision. I just get the feeling for now that the black one will be more visible on the grass. The brown one looks too much like the building and trees and might not stand out as much. But, I am still debating it.

Quick question, do the horses start little and grow up? I found a few horses on my neighbors kingdom but they were mini, more like little ponies than horses? Are they gonna grow up to be the size of the alicorn?

mreames
04-27-15, 04:30 PM
They start off as babies and take as long as an alicorn to grow up. Somewhere in the last few pages is a picture with a grown horse next to a grown white alicorn and a pinky alicorn. The horses seem to fall in between the size of the 2 different alicorns.

I have the same problem. Not sure which to pick. I am visiting everyone to see the horses and make a decision. I just get the feeling for now that the black one will be more visible on the grass. The brown one looks too much like the building and trees and might not stand out as much. But, I am still debating it.

Quick question, do the horses start little and grow up? I found a few horses on my neighbors kingdom but they were mini, more like little ponies than horses? Are they gonna grow up to be the size of the alicorn?

ginourmous
04-27-15, 07:39 PM
Thanks, found the image you are talking about on post #972. Now after seeing how cute the baby horse is, I don't want mine to grow up too fast. Might keep him as a pony for a long time since the drop are not very interesting to me. Also, I wish I could get both but the 999 gems is CRAZY! It would be great if we could do the same quest all over in half the time to get the 2nd horse. I would go for that for sure. If they are going to keep coming up with those insanely high gem price they should come up with a GEM CAVE where we could do something to dig some gems up.

I LOVE the idea of a gem cave! That is going into my next poll! ... SW

anurulz
04-27-15, 09:39 PM
I have 12 hrs to go before my last arena collection...cnt wait...these last hours are so difficult to pass..

mreames
04-27-15, 10:25 PM
I have 12 hrs to go before my last arena collection...cnt wait...these last hours are so difficult to pass..

Lol I know the feeling well. I have an hour and 45 minutes to go on my 2nd acct. it's hard not to hurry it up for 4 gems but then I think... What's the
Point. Lol

GarfieldandPookie
04-27-15, 10:36 PM
I just got my horse! He is so cute!

SusanKatRN
04-27-15, 10:59 PM
I have been reading the posts off and on and missed this- you have to tour your level 5 stable to choose your horse. Mine is level 3, I guess it will be 5 soon.

mreames
04-27-15, 11:05 PM
I have been reading the posts off and on and missed this- you have to tour your level 5 stable to choose your horse. Mine is level 3, I guess it will be 5 soon.

No, you do NOT have to visit a level 5 stable to choose your horse. In my mind visiting a level 5 stable is a bad thing. I sold mine and built new level 4 stables. Lol once you visit a level 5 stable, the option to craft more horses for 999 gems is gone. I may never buy any more but I prefer to have the option in case I do want to at a later date.

tanbi1
04-27-15, 11:06 PM
I've just started Monster Mash now. Thank goodness. Will I have enough time left?

mreames
04-27-15, 11:08 PM
I just got my horse! He is so cute!

Congrats! :)

mreames
04-27-15, 11:09 PM
I've just started Monster Mash now. Thank goodness. Will I have enough time left?

If you can visit your jousting arena twice a day (12 hour intervals) you should have a day or so left over. :)

tanbi1
04-27-15, 11:10 PM
Great. Ty :)

mreames
04-27-15, 11:29 PM

I guess I should add that's providing you can spend enough time to also get 8 monsters a day besides those that come from the arena.

GarfieldandPookie
04-27-15, 11:45 PM
Thanks, mreames! I still excited, and he has been in my kingdom for a few hours.

SusanKatRN
04-27-15, 11:56 PM
No, you do NOT have to visit a level 5 stable to choose your horse. In my mind visiting a level 5 stable is a bad thing. I sold mine and built new level 4 stables. Lol once you visit a level 5 stable, the option to craft more horses for 999 gems is gone. I may never buy any more but I prefer to have the option in case I do want to at a later date.

Then my question would be, if I do not finish this goal by visiting a level 5 stable, and closing this goal out, will my new horse be gone?

mreames
04-27-15, 11:57 PM
Thanks, mreames! I still excited, and he has been in my kingdom for a few hours.

That's understandable :) I'll be getting one on my 2nd account in about 15 minutes and expect my horse on this account to be full grown tomorrow. I'm excited about both. Lol

mreames
04-28-15, 12:04 AM
Then my question would be, if I do not finish this goal by visiting a level 5 stable, and closing this goal out, will my new horse be gone?

Nope.. My horse is set to grow up tomorrow and I still haven't collected from a level 5 stable. ;) I plan on leaving the goal unfinished in my book just like my "sticky fortune" from the fortune tellers tent. :)

SusanKatRN
04-28-15, 12:33 AM
Nope.. My horse is set to grow up tomorrow and I still haven't collected from a level 5 stable. ;) I plan on leaving the goal unfinished in my book just like my "sticky fortune" from the fortune tellers tent. :)

I do not have a fortune tellers tent, so I am at a loss. I also know different circumstances, but my Alicorn and my neighbors Alicorn was taken from them. I also know if I do not upgrade to level 5, there will be in my goals to finish it out with whatever amount of gems. I am not familiar with timed events, this worries me. Do you know for sure? I apologize in advance, but look at my name, I deal with actual figures. I hope this came out right, as I am not trying to dispute your words, only confirm them.

SusanKatRN
04-28-15, 12:37 AM
I should add, this goal has not closed yet. are you that confident on keeping your horses?

shambalaya
04-28-15, 12:44 AM
I do not have a fortune tellers tent, so I am at a loss. I also know different circumstances, but my Alicorn and my neighbors Alicorn was taken from them. I also know if I do not upgrade to level 5, there will be in my goals to finish it out with whatever amount of gems. I am not familiar with timed events, this worries me. Do you know for sure? I apologize in advance, but look at my name, I deal with actual figures. I hope this came out right, as I am not trying to dispute your words, only confirm them.

Visiting the stable lv 5 is not part of the timed goals, you can leave it open indefinitely and you will not loose your horse :-)

SusanKatRN
04-28-15, 12:51 AM
Visiting the stable lv 5 is not part of the timed goals, you can leave it open indefinitely and you will not loose your horse :-)

Just checked that out. You are right and thank you Shambalaya, I appreciate your response. I am feeling better about this goal. thank you.

mreames
04-28-15, 01:02 AM
I suspect the alicorns you are referring to losing, cost 0 in the market and was never intended to be sold in the market. Is that correct? (2nd wedding alicorn)

mreames
04-28-15, 01:20 AM
I'm kind of wondering if they will put the horses in the market at a higher price later on, similar to alicorn parts being 400 gems in the love shack versus an alicorn for 600 in the market.

katbtodd
04-28-15, 01:38 AM
I cannot choose, I just can't. They are both sitting in the workshop/forge waiting for me to make a decision but it is impossible! I love Destrier because he would make a nice color contrast with my glonder but at the same time Rouncy looks more friendly. Help me please!!!! It is just cruel to make us pick between them.

Flip a coin

AnniePMH
04-28-15, 02:34 AM
I'm kind of wondering if they will put the horses in the market at a higher price later on, similar to alicorn parts being 400 gems in the love shack versus an alicorn for 600 in the market.

Lol! Higher than 999 gems/horse? How many would be buying, I wonder?:p

queentina3
04-28-15, 04:22 AM

My Alicorn parts are only 200 in the Love Shack, are yours really 400? :eek:

That is one of the reasons why I can't justify getting another horse at 999 gems. I have 4 wings on my queentina3 account and 0 horns. For less gems (800) I could have another 4 Alicorns (currently only 2, along with the w-ali and the pink-ali) sitting in my queendom. In fact it is already too late on queentina3 as I went to my level 5 stables so the option of making another horse is gone. I didn't want to be tempted. :p

Now on 2tina that is a problem. I have no pink-ali at all, and eventually will have the w-ali (not level 40 yet there), and already have 4 regular Alicorns (I think I may have another wing, maybe 2 on that account but again no horns). I've already got one horse there but no level 5 stables yet so the temptation to get another is there, just not as much considering the gem cost when compared to the Alicorns via the Love Shack. I really need to get a stable upgraded to level 5 to remove that temptation from 2tina, I really do. I have over 1000 gems there so it's been really hard not to go to the Forge and start crafting the other horse. I used the black horse on queentina3 and the PALOMINO on 2tina (didn't want to say brown and have her cringe again.) LOL!!!

lickleleo
04-28-15, 04:44 AM
Hi, so I'm level 50 and have had the jousting arena quests finished for a long time. Collecting from it for the 'choose your steed' quest and got a green fangbeast... Has this happened to anyone else?? I'm confused..

ShibuyaCloth
04-28-15, 04:55 AM
Normal, see the main thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80752-Castle-Story-4-16-15-Choose-your-Steed!)

MiniLaura
04-28-15, 05:21 AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do remember that the Alicorn was available in the market from the beginning of the Valentine's festivities. So you could buy an Alicorn straight away without doing any of the goals that led up to crafting one.

i guess I doubt that the horses will be available in the market because if TL was going to sell them there, they would have put them there right away. Why would they prevent people from buying horses before going through the goals? That's like saying, "We want you to work before allowing you to spend money." TL normally makes it easy to spend money.
(Just my thoughts, not an answer.)

kittensabc
04-28-15, 05:39 AM
Thanks, found the image you are talking about on post #972. Now after seeing how cute the baby horse is, I don't want mine to grow up too fast. Might keep him as a pony for a long time since the drop are not very interesting to me. Also, I wish I could get both but the 999 gems is CRAZY! It would be great if we could do the same quest all over in half the time to get the 2nd horse. I would go for that for sure. If they are going to keep coming up with those insanely high gem price they should come up with a GEM CAVE where we could do something to dig some gems up.

I LOVE the idea of a gem cave! That is going into my next poll! ... SW

Ooh, make it like mining in Dragon Story. Now THERE'S a minigame I wouldn't mind being transported into CS.

twyz
04-28-15, 06:03 AM

Actually the picture of Rouncey makes him look more like a sorrel (AKA chestnut) with a flax mane and tail than a palomino. His shade is closer to sorrel though sometimes the two can be hard to distinguish from one another based on shade. But Rouncey looks like a Halflinger with a flax mane and tail. Interestingly enough genetically speaking a palomino is a sorrel with one cream gene that dilutes its fur color as well as making its mane and tail a creamy white color. A sorrel with a flax mane and tail has no cream gene but has the double recessive gene that causes its mane and tail to take on a creamy white color.

Horses with dark brown mane and tails are actually liver chestnuts which is a shade variation of sorrel. Brown horses have black manes and tails and their body color can vary from a medium brown to black as long as they have seal (golden/light brown) points on their body. Also interesting is that buckskin horses are brown or bay horses with a single copy of the cream gene as well though brown based tend to be darker.

But most people in here dont know anything about horse colors or genetics so most would naturally refer to rouncey as brown.

mreames
04-28-15, 07:14 AM
200 each = 400 total when starting from scratch. I didn't say that very well. That's the 400 I was talking about. But MiniLaura has a good point about the alicorn being available in the shop from the beginning.

My Alicorn parts are only 200 in the Love Shack, are yours really 400? :eek:

That is one of the reasons why I can't justify getting another horse at 999 gems. I have 4 wings on my queentina3 account and 0 horns. For less gems (800) I could have another 4 Alicorns (currently only 2, along with the w-ali and the pink-ali) sitting in my queendom. In fact it is already too late on queentina3 as I went to my level 5 stables so the option of making another horse is gone. I didn't want to be tempted. :p

Now on 2tina that is a problem. I have no pink-ali at all, and eventually will have the w-ali (not level 40 yet there), and already have 4 regular Alicorns (I think I may have another wing, maybe 2 on that account but again no horns). I've already got one horse there but no level 5 stables yet so the temptation to get another is there, just not as much considering the gem cost when compared to the Alicorns via the Love Shack. I really need to get a stable upgraded to level 5 to remove that temptation from 2tina, I really do. I have over 1000 gems there so it's been really hard not to go to the Forge and start crafting the other horse. I used the black horse on queentina3 and the PALOMINO on 2tina (didn't want to say brown and have her cringe again.) LOL!!!

flovisa
04-28-15, 08:28 AM
Just got my little Rouncey!! :D so happy!

mreames
04-28-15, 09:09 AM
Just got my little Rouncey!! :D so happy!

Congratulations!! :)

reliquary
04-28-15, 09:16 AM
Actually the picture of Rouncey makes him look more like a sorrel (AKA chestnut) with a flax mane and tail than a palomino. His shade is closer to sorrel though sometimes the two can be hard to distinguish from one another based on shade. But Rouncey looks like a Halflinger with a flax mane and tail. Interestingly enough genetically speaking a palomino is a sorrel with one cream gene that dilutes its fur color as well as making its mane and tail a creamy white color. A sorrel with a flax mane and tail has no cream gene but has the double recessive gene that causes its mane and tail to take on a creamy white color.

Horses with dark brown mane and tails are actually liver chestnuts which is a shade variation of sorrel. Brown horses have black manes and tails and their body color can vary from a medium brown to black as long as they have seal (golden/light brown) points on their body. Also interesting is that buckskin horses are brown or bay horses with a single copy of the cream gene as well though brown based tend to be darker.

But most people in here dont know anything about horse colors or genetics so most would naturally refer to rouncey as brown.

Ohh Right On! I can't believe you went there.... but I love color genetics, both horses and dogs...your awesome!

Yup, he's a sorrel Halflinger all right, and the other the cross of a gray/white Andalusian and a Fresian.....called a Warlander. The black horse seems to be"greying out" as a lot of Iberian horses are born black or very dark, and turn white gradually over age.
Look em up, it's facinating.
Equine genetics has come a long way, and breeders can be fairly exact in traits they are looking for.

And to stay on topic...I do plan on keeping the option to make more horses open, for at least a little while:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-28-15, 09:24 AM
Ok, lol, y'all are ****in' me with all this talk about official equine genetics ..."it's not brown; it's palomino"..."no, it's sorrel or chestnut"..."and the other isn't black; it's a greying Warlander."
Lol, thanks for the schooling but I mean really, y'all? LOL

Here's what I wanna know, lol... If I breed my Rouncey with my Destrier (yes, I got both, muwahahaha), what will I have?, cuz I know it surely won't be a black-brownie. LMAO
...and yes, I am assuming the horses are not the same gender, lol.

greediron
04-28-15, 09:37 AM
Visiting the stable lv 5 is not part of the timed goals, you can leave it open indefinitely and you will not loose your horse :-)You may not lose your horse, but will your horse be loosed?

twyz
04-28-15, 09:41 AM
Ohh Right On! I can't believe you went there.... but I love color genetics, both horses and dogs...your awesome!

Yup, he's a sorrel Halflinger all right, and the other the cross of a gray/white Andalusian and a Fresian.....called a Warlander. The black horse seems to be"greying out" as a lot of Iberian horses are born black or very dark, and turn white gradually over age.
Look em up, it's facinating.
Equine genetics has come a long way, and breeders can be fairly exact in traits they are looking for.

And to stay on topic...I do plan on keeping the option to make more horses open, for at least a little while:)

haha more genetic speak below, warning for those not interested in reading, you can skip this! lol

I think the black horse is actually wearing gray armor. It actually threw me off at first as well because I figured it looked a bit like a blue roan, though it could also be taken as steel grey which is one of the stages of greying. For more genetic fun facts, all horses that are gray (what most people mistake for white) were actually born a different color and greyed out over time. This is because grey is called a modifier gene, and what happens is as the horse ages the grey gene strips all color from their coat and gradually turns them through various shades of grey which is a very beautiful thing to watch as a horse ages. They eventually wind up with a body of white fur even though their genetic base coat is something else entirely. Any horse color variation can grey out because grey trumps all other genes and is a dominant gene so to get a grey horse one of the parents has to be a grey. So this is how you get all sorts of shades of greying horses, steel gray is a dark coat going grey, rose grey is a red based coat going grey, there is also yellow grey which is usually a cream gene on top of red or black shades going grey. Horse genetics is fascinating there are a ton of genes at play and once you start recognizing them you really start to see how the color of each horse is usually a combination of different genes mixed together to make their coat and hair color.

twyz
04-28-15, 09:50 AM
Ok, lol, y'all are ****in' me with all this talk about official equine genetics ..."it's not brown; it's palomino"..."no, it's sorrel or chestnut"..."and the other isn't black; it's a greying Warlander."
Lol, thanks for the schooling but I mean really, y'all? LOL

Here's what I wanna know, lol... If I breed my Rouncey with my Destrier (yes, I got both, muwahahaha), what will I have?, cuz I know it surely won't be a black-brownie. LMAO
...and yes, I am assuming the horses are not the same gender, lol.

Technically you can have a horse who is two seperate colors at one time, its an extremely rare mutation called chimerism, and it occurs in all sorts of species (including humans). If you google chimera horse the second picture is a horse who is both sorrel and black. This happens when two seperate eggs that were seperately fertilised fuse together early on and basically create one individual with two seperate genetic codes.

But that extremely rare occurence aside, more genetic speak ahead. Every horse in the world is actually a variation of one of two colors, red or black. So assuming these two horses actually are just red and just black with no variations or hidden genese you will either get a black foal or a red foal. No weird mixing in this scenario because black and red are as basic as it gets with horses. Every single horse you see is either genetically black based or red based.

reliquary
04-28-15, 09:59 AM
Miss NW, I have a few possibilities if you were to breed our Rouncys to Destiners.....

1. a moose

2. ....this!

3. Digital sweater horse...

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-28-15, 10:10 AM
WoW, twyz, now I see the possibilities & variations... ;)

LMAO, reliquary!!!!
Nope, it's now decided, lol... The foal of my Rouncey/Destrier pairing will be a Sooty, reverse-brindle, Pangare Chimera with random bird catcher spots, bloody shoulder markings, gulastra plume and a badger face.....cuz I said so. LOL :wink:

AnniePMH
04-28-15, 10:20 AM
Miss NW, I have a few possibilities if you were to breed our Rouncys to Destiners.....

1. a moose

I would really, really like to have a moose in CS...But I would call it an elk. The elk being King of the woods, it would have to come with royal points!:o

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-28-15, 10:25 AM
I would really, really like to have a moose in CS...But I would call it an elk. The elk being King of the woods, it would have to come with royal points!:o
LOL!!!! Why call a moose an elk when we could just have an ELK!? lol ...and GEMS drop from his antlers, lol.

Um...to stay on topic, Giddy-up horsey, neiiiiigh! Lol

BuddyB111
04-28-15, 11:00 AM
Just met the requirements for this challenge. What are the chances of finishing the timed bit for someone who doesn't buy gems?

AnniePMH
04-28-15, 11:04 AM
LOL!!!! Why call a moose an elk when we could just have an ELK!? lol ...and GEMS drop from his antlers, lol.

Um...to stay on topic, Giddy-up horsey, neiiiiigh! Lol

I would try to describe why, but that would be very off topic...has to do with linguistics:)

On topic:...um...Really hope you all get your horses, regardless of their coloring, lol;) Good luck!:D

Edit: P.S. But even if it would be called a moose in CS, I still want it to have RP:o

mreames
04-28-15, 11:05 AM
Just met the requirements for this challenge. What are the chances of finishing the timed bit for someone who doesn't buy gems?

Unfortunately, the barest minimum is 10 days. 5 days to get neighbors' help and 5 days to visit the jousting arena. And that's if you had all of the crops ready that is required in The first phase.

ShibuyaCloth
04-28-15, 11:05 AM

Depends where you are, stage #2 & #3 take 5 days each. So that will tell you if you need gems to finish or not.

mybunnytail
04-28-15, 11:30 AM
Not sure who to ask about this but wondering why. OK first off I am trying really hard to get my steed but struggling with part 2 trying to collect from 800 buildings (you have got to be kidding at lvl 26 this is really hard!!!) So I thought I would add more farm houses since it says you can collect every 10 min. Ok here if my confusion once placed and built you click on it it says current lvl 70/10 min. Next lvl 77/10 min. So I thought why not lvl it to 2 and get 7 more coin for same 10 min. So I do it now when it takes 15 min between collections and when I click on it it says current lvl 77/15min next 84/15 min. Why did it change from 10 min to 15 min??

katbtodd
04-28-15, 11:30 AM
Has any body else having trouble writing palomino on your wall , for some reason they think it's a bad word

BuddyB111
04-28-15, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the replies. I hadn't intended to do the challenge, but I have reached a point where I could change my plans and thought I would ask.

Apryl942
04-28-15, 11:59 AM
Eek! I accidentally went to the forge first, not the workshop. Now I have no horse and a small handful of trade tickets. Help!

mybunnytail
04-28-15, 12:01 PM
haha more genetic speak below, warning for those not interested in reading, you can skip this! lol

I think the black horse is actually wearing gray armor. It actually threw me off at first as well because I figured it looked a bit like a blue roan, though it could also be taken as steel grey which is one of the stages of greying. For more genetic fun facts, all horses that are gray (what most people mistake for white) were actually born a different color and greyed out over time. This is because grey is called a modifier gene, and what happens is as the horse ages the grey gene strips all color from their coat and gradually turns them through various shades of grey which is a very beautiful thing to watch as a horse ages. They eventually wind up with a body of white fur even though their genetic base coat is something else entirely. Any horse color variation can grey out because grey trumps all other genes and is a dominant gene so to get a grey horse one of the parents has to be a grey. So this is how you get all sorts of shades of greying horses, steel gray is a dark coat going grey, rose grey is a red based coat going grey, there is also yellow grey which is usually a cream gene on top of red or black shades going grey. Horse genetics is fascinating there are a ton of genes at play and once you start recognizing them you really start to see how the color of each horse is usually a combination of different genes mixed together to make their coat and hair color.

I also thought blue roan.

Anaboe
04-28-15, 12:33 PM
I can't decide!!!! The cute brown one, or the fierce black one!!! Arhg!!!! I am thinking about this for days now, and I just can't decide!!!!

MsMelanieMonster
04-28-15, 12:41 PM
I guess I should add that's providing you can spend enough time to also get 8 monsters a day besides those that come from the arena.

My jousting arena hasn't produced a monster since I finished the monster mash. Is that something that happens during goals or could it have been a goal that I was simultaneously working on? I kept getting yellow skunkupines and green fangbeasts each time I visited but now it's just coins.

robotparade
04-28-15, 12:51 PM
I think the arena only gives monsters during "Monster Mash."

Liloze
04-28-15, 01:17 PM
I can't decide!!!! The cute brown one, or the fierce black one!!! Arhg!!!! I am thinking about this for days now, and I just can't decide!!!!

Ok so the hoarder in me (with horns and forked tail) was whispering, "get it , buy it,myou want both..."
The rational part ( with wings and that Luth ) retorted,
"Are you insane ?! 999 gems for a steed, which drops energy, and things you're maxed out on? you must be a loony! "
So the devil on one shoulder the angel on the other were arguing, finally getting sick of their incessant chattering in my ears, I went crazy today, and I spent 999 gems :eek:

Now, I do hope I won't be kicking myself later, and the inevitable "I told you so" from the winged one lol
So hope this helps you decide lol ;)

katbtodd
04-28-15, 01:20 PM
K
Ok so the hoarder was whispering, " get it , buy it,myou want both..."
The rational part was saying " Are you insane ?! 999 gems for a steed, which drops energy, and things you're maxed out on? you must be a loony! "
So the devil on one shoulder the angel on the other, finally getting sick of this incessant chattering in my ears,
I went crazy today, and I spent 999 gems :eek:
I do hope I won't be kicking myself later and that voice saying " I told you so" lol
So hope this helps you decide lol ;)
Oh my that was me for over 24 hours ..but My Angel won

Liloze
04-28-15, 01:23 PM
K
Oh my that was me but angel won and it lasted over 24 hours

Lol was editing my post lol.
Good for you you kept you 999 :)
Will tell you if later I'd be kicking myself or not lol :D

katbtodd
04-28-15, 01:30 PM
Lol was editing my post lol.
Good for you you kept you 999 :)
Will tell you if later I'd be kicking myself or not lol :D

I kept saying the pair is so cute together ...but.... 999 I could get two Ali for THAT!

Anaboe
04-28-15, 01:34 PM
It's just not fair!!! TL giving us this opportunity!!! That many gems, it's just crazy!

Whaaaa!!! I think this goal will be in my book for months!!!

Liloze
04-28-15, 01:46 PM
Ok so here are my two babies Clip & Clop :)
They are so cute I really am tempted to leave them like this lol

Liloze
04-28-15, 01:52 PM
It's just not fair!!! TL giving us this opportunity!!! That many gems, it's just crazy!

Yep TL Or S8 or "Gems A lot" knows their business...
There are crazy people like me who will spent their gems to get both :o
I simply couldn't resist the temptation, though each is missing an ear lol :cool:
They look they are wearing a helmet :D

DeeDeeBird70
04-28-15, 01:55 PM
Yep TL Or S8 or "Gems A lot" knows their business...
There crazy people like me who will spent their gems to get both :o
I simply couldn't resist the temptation, though each is missing an ear lol :cool:
They look they are wearing a helmet :D

The regular Alicorn also only has one ear. Didn't check Pinky or Walli.

Liloze
04-28-15, 02:02 PM

Never noticed that ! lol :o ( facepalms )
Just went to the game to check on Pinky and W-ali,
yep sure thing, one ear there too, lol

S8 should not dabbe in those genetic experiences....lol

katbtodd
04-28-15, 02:12 PM

They are so cute

Liloze
04-28-15, 02:16 PM
I kept saying the pair is so cute together ...but.... 999 I could get two Ali for THAT!

Yep but as I said before ...just a "Senior" moment you know..
getting senile and crazy could do such things as spending 999 gems lol ;)

greediron
04-28-15, 02:58 PM

Horses who are relaxed often have one ear forward, one back. Turn them, the other one appears.

mreames
04-28-15, 03:08 PM
My jousting arena hasn't produced a monster since I finished the monster mash. Is that something that happens during goals or could it have been a goal that I was simultaneously working on? I kept getting yellow skunkupines and green fangbeasts each time I visited but now it's just coins.

Just during the first anniversary set of goals and the monster mash. After that it may randomly generate a monster like other buildings but I'm not sure.

mreames
04-28-15, 03:16 PM

I plan on leaving it in my book forever at this point. Lol at least it will definitely keep the book on my page although I guess the new market trade does that, too. :)

totalwasteoftime
04-28-15, 04:06 PM
So I do it now when it takes 15 min between collections and when I click on it it says current lvl 77/15min next 84/15 min. Why did it change from 10 min to 15 min??
Someone may have answered, but yes, the farmhouses are only a 10 minute collection at level one. Not sure why as it would make more sense to reduce the collection time. Sorry about that :(

jbfps116
04-28-15, 04:55 PM
I got a "brown" horse... looks cool although it should drop better stuff... BTW that pic of ponies with the hayride is painful. I'm still RAVING MAD I didn't get it during the candy corn time, even though I went on DOZENS of missions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would almost trade my wedding alicorn for a hayride!

Liloze
04-28-15, 05:20 PM
I got a "brown" horse... looks cool although it should drop better stuff... BTW that pic of ponies with the hayride is painful. I'm still RAVING MAD I didn't get it during the candy corn time, even though I went on DOZENS of missions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry about the hayride I got mine on my last adventure during the event and never got the Scarecrow.
Sorry for your bad luck :(

anne202b
04-28-15, 06:02 PM
Can someone please help? I'm confused about visiting the level 5 stable.....

I must've missed something but one of the threads said NOT to visit it? I haven't yet. But I'm not sure why we're not supposed to. Isn't that part of the quest?

Can I choose a horse without visiting the stable? Thanks. You all rock, by the way!!! :)

mreames
04-28-15, 06:07 PM
First, I think you're talking about a level 5 stable, not farmhouse. Second, it's a personal choice but I plan on not finishing that quest so that I continue to have the option to buy more horses. Once you visit a level 5 stable, the option to craft more horses for 999 gems each is removed.

Can someone please help? I'm confused about visiting the level 5 farmhouse.....

I must've missed something but one of the threads said NOT to visit it? I haven't yet. But I'm not sure why we're not supposed to. Isn't that part of the quest?

Can I choose a horse without visiting the farmhouse? Thanks. You all rock, by the way!!! :)

kittensabc
04-28-15, 06:07 PM
Can someone please help? I'm confused about visiting the level 5 farmhouse.....

Can I choose a horse without visiting the stable? Thanks. You all rock, by the way!!! :)
It is a level five stable, not farmhouse, and yes you can choose a horse without having a level five stable.

anne202b
04-28-15, 06:17 PM
Thanks, neighbors! I get it now.

(I edited my post a little too late mreames...you're fast!) :)

mybunnytail
04-28-15, 06:42 PM
Someone may have answered, but yes, the farmhouses are only a 10 minute collection at level one. Not sure why as it would make more sense to reduce the collection time. Sorry about that :(

No noone else answered.

You may have miss understood question. Yes farm hose is 10 min collection at level 1 collecting 70 coins. The thing is whdnyou look into leveling from 1 to 2 it tells you level 2 would also be 10 min collection for 77 coins but once you level it it then says level 2 is a 15 min collection for 77 coins. It changes by increasing 5 mins. Why?

vlagay
04-28-15, 06:58 PM
The timed quests for this are unfair to those of us (android) that just received the notice about the horse goal a few days ago.

Megshappy
04-28-15, 07:00 PM
I haven't had a single beast appear in four days. Anybody else having this problem.

SpiritWind00
04-28-15, 07:07 PM
I haven't had a single beast appear in four days. Anybody else having this problem.

Are you sure you don't have a monster on your board already? Put your music on, that's the easiest way to check.

queentina3
04-28-15, 07:15 PM
200 each = 400 total when starting from scratch. I didn't say that very well. That's the 400 I was talking about. But MiniLaura has a good point about the alicorn being available in the shop from the beginning.

Can we just pretend that since it was so early in the AM when I posted that, and I hadn't finished my coffee, that I'm not really an idiot, but was just tired and not caffeinated enough yet? :p

I hadn't even thought about it from the 200 each perspective since I have so many wings stored up. LOL!!!!

SpiritWind00
04-28-15, 07:21 PM
The timed quests for this are unfair to those of us (android) that just received the notice about the horse goal a few days ago.

Can you please provide me with more details... When did you get the goal?

What about others on androids? Has this goal only just appeared for you as well or when did you get the goal?

beefus
04-28-15, 07:33 PM
Same here... and after days of waiting on turning in my paws... I cudda been done two days ago...

I started too late to get the Love Shack, so I'm out of luck there, and I can only hope for another chance at the Winter Bakeries, man how I'd love 4 kitchens right now... but no Shak du Lurve = no crafting of Ali's, right?

... I broke down and got both...

What the<edit> it's only gems. ;)

Lord Beefus
ps - I have like 40 extra Monster Paws... too bad I can't donate them or turn them into ... I dunno... Silver :)

nukesters2
04-28-15, 07:50 PM

I was in the same situation! I also think I will make it! I do have some gems stored up, but would sure like to keep them!

mybunnytail
04-28-15, 08:16 PM

What about others on androids? Has this goal only just appeared for you as well or when did you get the goal?

I am on Android, I had gotten info about the steeds when first started but couldn't start then because I had not finished first match yet. I did get it one I finished first match. That was 8 days ago.

beefus
04-28-15, 08:26 PM
Yea, happens to me all the time... the only way I get new goals on Thursday is to delete the game and reinstall it "anew" from the Play Store... in fact this update worked for a short period of time, then froze up and locked me out...

Now, it immediately locks up and I can't get in at all... since the game had updated, I returned to using the Castle Story - Winter version to play out this Horsey chain of events.

I just thought this was normal...

*shrug*
Lord Beefus

anurulz
04-28-15, 08:53 PM

I play on android and i received the quest at the same time as all others did...no issues whatsoever..maybe vlagay had sum other requirements pending till now..

anurulz
04-28-15, 08:55 PM
I finally got my horsey...it is sooo cute..

butterfly_25
04-28-15, 10:06 PM
I've gotten my deed today but can't decide on which horsey :( I wish I could get both.

Also, I'm guessing this update won't show for any accounts that reach level 22 at a later date?... Anyone know? Thanks :)

KingdomNo735
04-28-15, 10:32 PM
Sorry if this was already asked -- I shifted through but could only find the information on the time it takes to raise a steed into an adult --, but how often does the adult steed drop energy? Seven days like the Alicorn?

CharmOfLea
04-29-15, 01:02 AM
Sorry if this was already asked -- I shifted through but could only find the information on the time it takes to raise a steed into an adult --, but how often does the adult steed drop energy? Seven days like the Alicorn?

Yes. Once every 7 days.

katbtodd
04-29-15, 01:35 AM

Your not alone I never got the hay ride either, while others have 2 ,4 or more I seen them yes the horse looks very cute with it

dng1234
04-29-15, 04:17 AM
In the process of tackling all those beasties, has anyone received an odd colored fang beast from the jousting arena. I just had a green one pop up. Thanks!

bryncalyn
04-29-15, 04:23 AM
I want to thank those who jumped in and helped out. I am currently at 79% with 6 days left. Hoping and wishing for the best ....

I apologize ahead of time as I don't have much time at the moment to weed through 101 pages. When the monster portion comes up, what is the best way to get them to be active? I am thinking food crops but can't remember which ones are the most active. :/ I think my 3 yr old and 5 yr old fried my brain. I was thinking that I could go ahead and do some planting in anticipation of battles.

dng1234
04-29-15, 04:28 AM
I kept alternating strawberries and glimmer bulbs just so I could do the energy trade too. It seems to be that one crop is a big draw for one person but a different crop works better for another. You could always give corn a shot too. It's a quick turn around so there's not much time invested if it's not working. You also get a beast to pop up when you visit your jousting arena. Just remember not to have another beast on the board when you visit it.

bethaneyl
04-29-15, 04:39 AM
I had a few Green Fangbeasties pop up from JA during the 3rd seal ....and a yellow skunkpine too (a first spawn of both for me)

For the people not getting a lot of beasties spawning I wonder if you have unlocked/got to the part where boars spawn? I was literally "saved by he boars" ....I only had 16 paws/battles after 3days of ( daily /frantic playing) and then I completed part of the quest line which causes boars to spawn and BOOM! literally every 3-4 taps I have a boar....It was crazy I completed the remaining 24 beasties in less than 1/2 day ��
I have other neighbors who were getting mostly boars also ...it's like I got all the skunkpines/sabercats during the 1st seal ....making me wonder if I would have trapped one in my kingdom early during 1st seal, would I have gotten them reg in 3rd....
Who knows just my thoughts/observations

Also I couldn't find the original post but I was curious about this (as I haven't built yet but am close )...could someone point me in the right direction ...is there another post that talks about this ....TIA

Originally Posted by mreames
"......... There have been plenty of other things I've rushed to finish only to wish I hadn't. (Building the swamp before filling up on tusks comes to mind)

Korlcek
04-29-15, 04:58 AM
I am a green fangbeast, I was made by the fairies to haunt in the glimmerwood, aaaarrrgh... well ok, I fell into green goo while searching for food in the dumpster...

twyz
04-29-15, 05:21 AM
I had a few Green Fangbeasties pop up from JA during the 3rd seal ....and a yellow skunkpine too (a first spawn of both for me)

For the people not getting a lot of beasties spawning I wonder if you have unlocked/got to the part where boars spawn? I was literally "saved by he boars" ....I only had 16 paws/battles after 3days of ( daily /frantic playing) and then I completed part of the quest line which causes boars to spawn and BOOM! literally every 3-4 taps I have a boar....It was crazy I completed the remaining 24 beasties in less than 1/2 day ��
I have other neighbors who were getting mostly boars also ...it's like I got all the skunkpines/sabercats during the 1st seal ....making me wonder if I would have trapped one in my kingdom early during 1st seal, would I have gotten them reg in 3rd....

Also I couldn't find the original post but I was curious about this (as I haven't built yet but am close )...could someone point me in the right direction ...is there another post that talks about this ....TIA

Actually that specific timeline right after the boars start popping up is a greatly increased spawn rate for boards, so they do spawn quite rapidly, gets annoying really quick. But that drops off after that quest, and while we still have the boars available they arent going to spawn that fast for those of us who already completed that. you really kind of lucked out that these two crossed each other lol.

I started my third seal this morning. I had a boar trapped with one hit on my board from the building collection quest so I got that one right away, then I hit the arena which I hadnt collected from in about 24 hours just to be on the safe side and it triggered a second, then collected from the usual trigger areas for me (my farm animals and my crops) and got a 3rd hit with a skunkupine. So I have 3 monsters down right off the bat for a jump start. As long as I can get enough monsters and paws to drop the gem finish rate below 90 total then I will barely make this event.

raaver
04-29-15, 05:48 AM
After the 2nd coin I completed at around dinner time yesterday, i went on with the beast quest too. 1st (1/4th) day, 13!!
Today.. 3 so far and day is allmost gone...
I've seen so many "you can't hold more corn" messages...
I'm getting anxious I won't make it to the horse before event expires...
Rob

purpledatura852
04-29-15, 05:53 AM
After the 2nd coin I completed at around dinner time yesterday, i went on with the beast quest too. 1st (1/4th) day, 13!!
Today.. 3 so far and day is allmost gone...
I've seen so many "you can't hold more corn" messages...
I'm getting anxious I won't make it to the horse before event expires...
Rob

I found the most beasts (direboars) came from strawberries and glimmer bulbs. It could just be me, but I found that picking these spawned the most beasts. (Tip: Plant the glimmer bulbs before bed as they have an 8 hour grow time) I completed the beasts in 3 days using strawberries and glimmer bulbs. Got my Rouncey today.

katbtodd
04-29-15, 05:55 AM
I have a great idea . Why can't the seals be a rare drop and you need all 3 to get the next horse and if your lucky to get two and you want your horse quicker we should be able to buy the seals we need for 333 gems since it cost 999 for the deed , to keep this option in our kingdoms

senshin
04-29-15, 07:05 AM
Based in other's posts I was concerned about the beast spawning slow down, but I thankfully didn't experience one at all. I did focus more energy on collecting from places where beasties the most often spawn for me (collecting from chickens, mines, mushrooms and shorter grow time crops like strawberries and wheat) and completed all 50 in about 2 1/2 days. My only rare beastie was a yellow dire boar. I've spent the last few days just waiting to collect from the Jousting Arena. Just two more collections and I should be doing the happy horse dance.

ahomeforme
04-29-15, 07:13 AM

You made me want to get both of them..... And I'm still having a hard time to decide which one... 2 more visit to the jousting arena and I will get my deed..... Decisions, decisions....

Jennerwein1
04-29-15, 07:23 AM
I am a green fangbeast, I was made by the fairies to haunt in the glimmerwood, aaaarrrgh... well ok, I fell into green goo while searching for food in the dumpster...

I think he it too cute! Can we keep him pleeease? TL, how about it?

JoffJoffJoff
04-29-15, 07:41 AM
Really upset - finally managed to unlock this task but with 5 days to go, I'm never going to finish it :( It looks like a lot of fun as well, much more varied than simply collecting tulips. I wish the timer starts from when you unlock it, it just seems very unfair to newer players who aren't that far on yet.

qt_patooty
04-29-15, 08:17 AM
It would certainly be nice for players who have missed a certain quest to be able to access it again at a certain time. There are lots of items that other players have that I would like to have. I read a post earlier on this thread that suggested that we be able to buy them with some sort of trading post or something. I really like that trading post thing in FarmStory. Not only does it make the game more interesting, it opens up community playing quite a bit. Either the trading post or making events available at certain times for newer players. Especially the holiday themed events. I hate to miss those....you never see them again except when you're popping hearts on other boards. Then I just feel intense jealousy lol.

mreames
04-29-15, 08:20 AM
At the time this quest line came out, no crops spawned boars. So after building the swampy pond, it went from non-stop boars to virtually no boars. About the only thing that could spawn an occasional boar was a mine. Lol TL staff even commented that we finished "too fast". Since then, they made it so that strawberries and some other crops spawn boars.

mreames
04-29-15, 08:51 AM
I had good luck with alternating between tomatoes (when I had lots of energy) and strawberries (when I needed to rebuild some energy). I also find that once I get 3 or so monsters fairly quickly I might as well save the rest of my energy for a little while and go ahead and replant where I had already harvested. But I agree that your mileage may vary as different people had different luck with various methods.

I want to thank those who jumped in and helped out. I am currently at 79% with 6 days left. Hoping and wishing for the best ....

I apologize ahead of time as I don't have much time at the moment to weed through 101 pages. When the monster portion comes up, what is the best way to get them to be active? I am thinking food crops but can't remember which ones are the most active. :/ I think my 3 yr old and 5 yr old fried my brain. I was thinking that I could go ahead and do some planting in anticipation of battles.

Liloze
04-29-15, 09:21 AM
You made me want to get both of them..... And I'm still having a hard time to decide which one... 2 more visit to the jousting arena and I will get my deed..... Decisions, decisions....

:) Believe me I spent days scratching my head trying to decide!
They are so cute both of them that I finally gave into temptation,
It hurt my pocket to spend 999 gems,
but then again, better spend them than lose them in a gem trap! ;)

twyz
04-29-15, 09:22 AM
I just got 4 skunkupines from harvesting 30 wheat. Thus far I have 8 battles and 8 paws so I am feeling really optimistic about finishing this. At this rate I am hoping I only need to spend 10 gems to skip the last arena collection.

mreames
04-29-15, 09:27 AM
I just got 4 skunkupines from harvesting 30 wheat. Thus far I have 8 battles and 8 paws so I am feeling really optimistic about finishing this. At this rate I am hoping I only need to spend 10 gems to skip the last arena collection.

Depending on how much time is left... You might get by cheaper speeding up the timer on the arena. Obviously, don't take any chances if it is going to be too close.

mybunnytail
04-29-15, 11:23 AM
I have just over 5 days to go
I am on part 2 resume building. Finished helping neighbors, at 91% for care for kingdom so good chancy to have done by the time it drops to 5 days left, my big problem is getting the letters of recommendations after almost 6 days I am only at 79%. How do I get neighbors to return? Do I even have a shot at finishing?

mreames
04-29-15, 11:28 AM
I added you to both accounts the other day so I can't help more than that, myself. If you haven't sent out your requests today, yet... Send to all except stormie. If you get 20 then send out to stormie for your 21st. If you aren't getting 20, you need to add more active neighbors. I'd certainly keep trying. 20 gems could skip the last 2 jousting arena visits.

Edit: actually, I just sent you 2 letters.

I have just over 5 days to go
I am on part 2 resume building. Finished helping neighbors, at 91% for care for kingdom so good chancy to have done by the time it drops to 5 days left, my big problem is getting the letters of recommendations after almost 6 days I am only at 79%. How do I get neighbors to return? Do I even have a shot at finishing?

totalwasteoftime
04-29-15, 12:43 PM
No noone else answered.

You may have miss understood question. Yes farm hose is 10 min collection at level 1 collecting 70 coins. The thing is whdnyou look into leveling from 1 to 2 it tells you level 2 would also be 10 min collection for 77 coins but once you level it it then says level 2 is a 15 min collection for 77 coins. It changes by increasing 5 mins. Why?
I don't know why... :(
I just checked one of my level 1s and it shows the upgrade to a level 2 is an increase in both coins and time but I have a vague memory of not expecting the time increase the first time I upgraded one.
Clearly I have no control over this, but sorry it's so frustrating!

Marmalademuffin
04-29-15, 02:55 PM
Me too! So very hard to make up my mind. I was done for a day and a half and thought all along I would get the grey one but then I ended up choosing the light brown one. He just looked happier I guess. I think I will keep him small for a while. He is hanging out with my cats and is the same size. So cute!

I've gotten my deed today but can't decide on which horsey :( I wish I could get both.

Also, I'm guessing this update won't show for any accounts that reach level 22 at a later date?... Anyone know? Thanks :)

SpiritWind00
04-29-15, 02:59 PM
Farmhouse collection times have been modified.... All levels are now 10 minute collection time. Changed today! Woohoo!

mybunnytail
04-29-15, 03:00 PM
I don't know why... :(
I just checked one of my level 1s and it shows the upgrade to a level 2 is an increase in both coins and time but I have a vague memory of not expecting the time increase the first time I upgraded one.
Clearly I have no control over this, but sorry it's so frustrating!

This is a screenshot of my lvl 1 upgrade

burritosprings
04-29-15, 03:22 PM
Farmhouse collection times have been modified.... All levels are now 10 minute collection time. Changed today! Woohoo!

Would have been nice if they had changed Conservatory collection time to 10 minutes.. but I guess that's digging up old bones on a soon forgotten about Update.

tigerlillyherron
04-29-15, 04:09 PM
Sure is cutting it close on this times event. I gemed the last 5% collectiong on building to finish 2nd goal so i could collect from the jousting arena since it was waiting and jump head first into the next goal.
The beasts are coming easy for me. I will probably finish the coin collections in 3 more days.
this was a serious timed event. I hope there isnt another anytime soon.
just sitting back now and trying to fill up on items ive drained recently.
You guys are ****ing us.
Lucky for me i came to this thread last week and found out my stable needed to be lvl 5...so thats also complete now.
geez making us sweat for this horsey huh?
Easy on us for awhile after this plz. Thanx

mybunnytail
04-29-15, 04:16 PM
I added you to both accounts the other day so I can't help more than that, myself. If you haven't sent out your requests today, yet... Send to all except stormie. If you get 20 then send out to stormie for your 21st. If you aren't getting 20, you need to add more active neighbors. I'd certainly keep trying. 20 gems could skip the last 2 jousting arena visits.

Edit: actually, I just sent you 2 letters.

I want to thank you and my other neighbors that help me from the bottom of my heart!! I finished part 2, ;)
Now can I finish in 5 days?

mreames
04-29-15, 04:23 PM
I want to thank you and my other neighbors that help me from the bottom of my heart!! I finished part 2, ;)
Now can I finish in 5 days?

You should be able to as long as you are able to collect from the arena twice a day and spend enough time on the game to get enough monster fights daily. :)

mybunnytail
04-29-15, 06:14 PM
You should be able to as long as you are able to collect from the arena twice a day and spend enough time on the game to get enough monster fights daily. :)

Well this isn't looking good I have used 60 energy and no monsters.:(

CuteTali
04-29-15, 06:21 PM
I am still on the corny quest.... Granted I can't play every minute of the day like some other players, but I've been logging in every day at least once a day and have used any resource I have to gather more corn to give away for this quest. They really need to make it so that once you've started on this quest, you can continue it on your own time, even if it takes you a year to obtain that horse. I don't think I can complete all three sub-quests in the 4-5 days I have left. Can a mod please pass this feedback to keep the quests going as long as they got started? Or at least keep them going as long as the Corny quest is complete? I might just be able to finish this one, but I know I can't finish the rest of them in such a short amount of time.

Also for future quests, can we please have a month to work on the parts that expire?

mreames
04-29-15, 06:59 PM
Well this isn't looking good I have used 60 energy and no monsters.:(

Don't worry, a lot of people have started like that. ;) I had good luck with tomatoes and strawberries. If you think about it, you only need 1 monster per 3 hours over a 24 hour day plus 2 from the arena. Of course it won't happen just like that. Mainly don't get discouraged. :)

nukesters2
04-29-15, 07:08 PM
Lucky for me i came to this thread last week and found out my stable needed to be lvl 5...so thats also complete now.

Are you sure the stable has to be level 5? I have read conflicting things here about that. It has to be level 5 to even get the steed? doing the goals is not enough in of itself? eeek! I need confirmation on this so I can get doing it if I have to! only 5 days left!!

mreames
04-29-15, 07:12 PM
Are you sure the stable has to be level 5? I have read conflicting things here about that. It has to be level 5 to even get the steed? doing the goals is not enough in of itself? eeek! I need confirmation on this so I can get doing it if I have to! only 5 days left!!

No, you don't need a level 5 stable to get the steed. I sold my level 5 stables so as to NOT collect from it. My horse is now full grown. :)

nukesters2
04-29-15, 07:32 PM
No, you don't need a level 5 stable to get the steed. I sold my level 5 stables so as to NOT collect from it. My horse is now full grown. :)

That's what I thought I had read, that if you indeed go into (have) a level 5 stable, the option to purchase a second steed (for 900 gems) will be gone.
thankyou for clearing this up. I don't think I will ever use all those gems on a second steed, but it's nice to have the option for a while. I have 548 gems, I think I will make it to the end of this (just) without having to use any. wouldn't take too long to gather up 900. We will see :)

mreames
04-29-15, 08:20 PM
I'd much rather have the option and not utilize it, than to have the option taken away. :) might even use the option at a later date.

That's what I thought I had read, that if you indeed go into (have) a level 5 stable, the option to purchase a second steed (for 900 gems) will be gone.
thankyou for clearing this up. I don't think I will ever use all those gems on a second steed, but it's nice to have the option for a while. I have 548 gems, I think I will make it to the end of this (just) without having to use any. wouldn't take too long to gather up 900. We will see :)

AnniePMH
04-29-15, 08:24 PM
Ok, horse drop report from Natalien: Destrier (black horse): 40 energy, 1 rat tail, 1 armor, 200 coins, 1 xp. Rouncey (...not black horse;)): 40 energy, 1 fur, 1 armor, 40 coins, 1 xp. No idea why it should differ in coin delivery beween the horses:confused:, could also be that I did not catch all of Rouncey's coins...Leave it up to next Ruler to find out:p

Sidenote: With all the stomping of hooves going on, no wonder about the rat tail delivery!:eek:

caron7
04-29-15, 08:51 PM
I am confused about how to make the horse selection. I followed what is in the first post that shows both horses selected under "trade horse deed". I thought this was just one of those steps that you have to click just to advance. I saw a horse deed in my magic forge and when I crafted it I got the black horse. No chance to choose? Perhaps we are supposed to select one OR the other in that task? But the picture in the first post shows both selected. Please update the first post if that is the case. I worked hard to get the brown horse but now have the black one :(

kittensabc
04-29-15, 08:52 PM
I am confused about how to make the horse selection. I followed what is in the first post that shows both horses selected under "trade horse deed". I thought this was just one of those steps that you have to click just to advance. I saw a horse deed in my magic forge and when I crafted it I got the black horse. No chance to choose? Perhaps we are supposed to select one OR the other in that task? But the picture in the first post shows both selected. Please update the first post if that is the case. I worked hard to get the brown horse but now have the black one :(

Destrier was craftable in the forge and Rouncey was craftable in the workshop. Sorry that you missed your chance to choose!

caron7
04-29-15, 09:02 PM
Oh no! My workshops were busy so I couldn't see that there. I thought I would choose after getting the deed. Why would they put the deeds in different places? Please add this information to the first post so others are not disappointed! I was so looking forward to the brown horse!

SpiritWind00
04-29-15, 09:34 PM
Added to post 2. The pictures have the info, but I've added these words as well...

*****DESTRIER (black horse) CRAFTED IN THE MAGIC FORGE. *****
*****ROUNCEY (palomino/light coloured horse) CRAFTED IN THE WORKSHOP.*****

;).

caron7
04-29-15, 09:40 PM
Added to post 2. The pictures have the info, but I've added these words as well...

*****DESTRIER (black horse) CRAFTED IN THE MAGIC FORGE. *****
*****ROUNCEY (palomino/light coloured horse) CRAFTED IN THE WORKSHOP.*****

;).

Thank you. This was just not obvious at all. Thurston says "trade in your horse deed wisely" so I thought you would craft it first, then trade. I hope this helps someone else get through this critical step correctly!

mreames
04-29-15, 10:20 PM
Thank you. This was just not obvious at all. Thurston says "trade in your horse deed wisely" so I thought you would craft it first, then trade. I hope this helps someone else get through this critical step correctly!

It may or may not work, but since it would be a neutral transaction, you might politely ask support if they could possibly switch it out. Like I said, They may not do it, but it's worth asking since you had your heart set on Rouncey. ;)

Holodoc
04-30-15, 12:30 AM
A Corny Quest is also timed because it is associated with "Need for Steed". As "Need for Steed" is timed, the Goals associated with it are also timed. The Goals after you complete "Need for Steed" are not timed.
Sorry if this has been answered before (I didn't want to check 100+ pages), but it looks like I have to beat up 50 Monsters and visit the arena in the left 5 days. That could come out very, very close.
So do I have time to finish the monster mash or is it 5 days really?

minndom
04-30-15, 12:48 AM
Holodoc, you need to visit the arena 10 times and beat 50 monsters in this remaining time. You may need to speed up the arena, the last daytypically has been less than 24 hours. The arena spawns a monster, you need to lure the other 40. Plant crops, tend flowers, collect buildings.. Trolls didn't count.

I just completed this and I cannot make my mind which one to choose.

Holodoc
04-30-15, 01:30 AM
Holodoc, you need to visit the arena 10 times and beat 50 monsters in this remaining time. You may need to speed up the arena, the last daytypically has been less than 24 hours. The arena spawns a monster, you need to lure the other 40. Plant crops, tend flowers, collect buildings.. Trolls didn't count.

I just completed this and I cannot make my mind which one to choose.
Thank you for the reply, minndom. So monster bash IS a timed quest.:eek:

But this would mean PikaSquirrel lied, wouldn't it?

katbtodd
04-30-15, 01:50 AM
Thank you for the reply, minndom. So monster bash IS a timed quest.:eek:

But this would mean PikaSquirrel lied, wouldn't it?

No she didn't you miss understood all seals were timed after you get your 3 seals you need for the deed then that's not timed

FinsFabulousFoods
04-30-15, 02:20 AM
So I just got my baby Rouncey (complete with baby saddle and bridle...) ahem, anyway it has a 22 hour feeding cycle. Anyone know how many feeds it will take to grow up or what the drops are?

Linoa3006
04-30-15, 02:36 AM
Hi everyone, I have a question (there's no mention of it in the summary of the first post) : For the Goal #1 part 2. Resume Building concerning Care for your kingdom : I understood that I have to collect from my kingdom but it's very very long... (14% for me...)
Have you some advice to progress faster ?
I heard there is a story of Heart (I never saw building which give hearts except in my neighbourhood...) ?

Thank you for you help :)

shambalaya
04-30-15, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone, I have a question (there's no mention of it in the summary of the first post) : For the Goal #1 part 2. Resume Building concerning Care for your kingdom : I understood that I have to collect from my kingdom but it's very very long... (14% for me...)
Have you some advice to progress faster ?
I heard there is a story of Heart (I never saw building which give hearts except in my neighbourhood...) ?

Thank you for you help :)

At this point you should know that unfortunately you will HAVE to spend gems if you want to get a horse, because there is no way to complete the quest in time from where you are at :-( Buildings with hearts are those you see with hearts over them when visiting neighbors, not all buildings will count towards this quest, first and foremost all crafting buildings should be left idle, if you intend to go for it. Just spend all your energy on farmhouses (collect every 10 minutes, you can build many and focus exclusively on those), resource buildings, RP buildings and town (coin) buildings.

mreames
04-30-15, 02:52 AM
So I just got my baby Rouncey (complete with baby saddle and bridle...) ahem, anyway it has a 22 hour feeding cycle. Anyone know how many feeds it will take to grow up or what the drops are?

It takes 5 feedings to raise to an adult. The reported drops have been +40 energy and either an armor or long sword and either fur or rat tail plus small amount of coins.

Linoa3006
04-30-15, 03:00 AM
At this point you should know that unfortunately you will HAVE to spend gems if you want to get a horse, because there is no way to complete the quest in time from where you are at :-( Buildings with hearts are those you see with hearts over them when visiting neighbors, not all buildings will count towards this quest, first and foremost all crafting buildings should be left idle, if you intend to go for it. Just spend all your energy on farmhouses (collect every 10 minutes, you can build many and focus exclusively on those), resource buildings, RP buildings and town (coin) buildings.

Thank you for your help, I will try to build a loooootttt of farmhouses and cross my fingers...
In fact I started the whole goal...on Monday...because I didn't understand how to start it yet... (my English is so bad, I'm a french girl !).

konstans07
04-30-15, 04:11 AM
hello everyone,

so, i ve got the black horse cause i craft it at magic forge, if i wanted the light colored horse i should have craft it at workshop. is that correct?
so now i have only one horse, and i can't get the other one?

and second question, the goal is over? I mean, is there something more after feed that horse the next 5 days to become adult?

thank u !!

caron7
04-30-15, 04:24 AM
hello everyone,

so, i ve got the black horse cause i craft it at magic forge, if i wanted the light colored horse i should have craft it at workshop. is that correct?
so now i have only one horse, and i can't get the other one?

and second question, the goal is over? I mean, is there something more after feed that horse the next 5 days to become adult?

thank u !!

You can get the other for 999 gems. I made this same mistake :( I don't understand why the deeds were in two different places. My workshops are always busy, so I did not see it there until later. One poster suggested that they might change the horse for us if we contact them. I haven't had much luck with that before but may try! I am sorry that happened to you, too.

caron7
04-30-15, 04:26 AM
It may or may not work, but since it would be a neutral transaction, you might politely ask support if they could possibly switch it out. Like I said, They may not do it, but it's worth asking since you had your heart set on Rouncey. ;)

Thank you for your reply. I haven't had much luck with requests, but may try!

katbtodd
04-30-15, 05:05 AM
Thank you for your reply. I haven't had much luck with requests, but may try!

You could ask Spirit or Pika to look into for you

luckylu98
04-30-15, 08:09 AM

Okay - I'm on vacation so I may not be thinking properly, but I am now officially confused by all this. I am at a complete standstill because I'm afraid to do anything & possibly miss my chance to get a second horse if I even want to! Based on what I've been reading here, I have sold 1 of my level 5 stables (kept the other level 5 stable). Now what comes next?? Do I dare go to the workshop & craft Rouncey? If I do, is that it? No second horse? I also haven't touched my Stallion Selection Goal yet or visited level 5 stable. What do I do with the level 1 stable? I feel truly ridiculously mentally challenged on this one! I've been on this cruise too long, wifi is sporadic at best & my brain is waterlogged! lol. Help!

tuffyjkitten
04-30-15, 08:26 AM
I broke down and got both horses. End of semester celebration present to myself. ;)

Thanks for all the info about the level 5 stable! Mine was at 4 and I came to check the forum before upgrading it...glad I did or I would only have 1 horse!

PurpleScorpion76
04-30-15, 09:00 AM
Has anyone else had this issue? It took me a few days to build by stables to level 5 consequently I had petted my baby horse 2/3 times before I got to the quest requiring it now my horse is an adult (which checked in the goal book) but my baby horse petting tally didn't catch up. Do I now have to wait a couple of weeks for it to keep on petting or is this a bug I need to get fixed?

iona2012
04-30-15, 09:25 AM
I got Rouncey a few days ago and it will take another couple days to grow :).

If I am willing to pay the 999 gems to get Destrier, how do I do it? The option to pay for another deed seem to be gone from my magic forge and workshop.

Liloze
04-30-15, 09:54 AM
I got Rouncey a few days ago and it will take another couple days to grow :).

If I am willing to pay the 999 gems to get Destrier, how do I do it? The option to pay for another deed seem to be gone from my magic forge and workshop.

Did you visit your level 5 stable ?
If you did then sorry, the option to buy the other horse will be taken away :(
That is why I stored my stables lest I visit by mistake.
I clicked the first in the workshop then directly went to the forge and paid 999 gems and bought the other.

TO ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO BUY ANOTHER HORSE DO NOT VISIT YOUR STABLES LEVEL 5
OTHERWISE THE CHOICE TO BUY ANOTHER HORSE WILL DISAPPEAR.
LEAVE THE VISITS UNTIL AFTER GETTING BOTH HORSES, one in workshop the other in the magical Forge.

NO No I am not shouting lol, just trying to help, Maybe with capital letters it will be more visible :)

shambalaya
04-30-15, 11:01 AM
Okay - I'm on vacation so I may not be thinking properly, but I am now officially confused by all this. I am at a complete standstill because I'm afraid to do anything & possibly miss my chance to get a second horse if I even want to! Based on what I've been reading here, I have sold 1 of my level 5 stables (kept the other level 5 stable). Now what comes next?? Do I dare go to the workshop & craft Rouncey? If I do, is that it? No second horse? I also haven't touched my Stallion Selection Goal yet or visited level 5 stable. What do I do with the level 1 stable? I feel truly ridiculously mentally challenged on this one! I've been on this cruise too long, wifi is sporadic at best & my brain is waterlogged! lol. Help!

If you want more than 1 horse, do NOT visit the stable lv 5, craft one then go immediately to either the workshop or the magic forge and pay 999 gems per horse. If you do not have the gems right now or if you want to keep the option to buy more horses open indefinitely either STORE both lvl 5 stables (I know you sold one already) or sell them and rebuild to level 4, in order to be able to continue collecting milk, hide, wool and bacon without finishing the quest and closing the option to buy more horses. If you already bought however many horses you want and you know you don't want any more, feel free to visit the stable lvl 5 and get the quest out of your quest book.

Hope that Made it more clear :-D

mreames
04-30-15, 11:01 AM
If you collect from EITHER level 5 stable, you will lose the option to buy the 2nd horse. I sold BOTH of my level 5 stables.

holtziepants
04-30-15, 11:17 AM
I'm afraid I can't get in 9 more visits before the time is up. If I build a second amphitheater, will it count? :confused: :p

mreames
04-30-15, 11:22 AM
I'm afraid I can't get in 9 more visits before the time is up. If I build a second amphitheater, will it count? :confused: :p

No, only the jousting arena counts. Reduce the count as much as possible... It costs 10 gems per visit to skip.

iona2012
04-30-15, 11:41 AM
Did you visit your level 5 stable ?
If you did then sorry, the option to buy the other horse will be taken away :(
That is why I stored my stables lest I visit by mistake.
I clicked the first in the workshop then directly went to the forge and paid 999 gems and bought the other.

TO ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO BUY ANOTHER HORSE DO NOT VISIT YOUR STABLES LEVEL 5
OTHERWISE THE CHOICE TO BUY ANOTHER HORSE WILL DISAPPEAR.
LEAVE THE VISITS UNTIL AFTER GETTING BOTH HORSES, one in workshop the other in the magical Forge.

NO No I am not shouting lol, just trying to help, Maybe with capital letters it will be more visible :)

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I will have to keep my gems then 😉

CharmOfLea
04-30-15, 11:50 AM
Has anyone else had this issue? It took me a few days to build by stables to level 5 consequently I had petted my baby horse 2/3 times before I got to the quest requiring it now my horse is an adult (which checked in the goal book) but my baby horse petting tally didn't catch up. Do I now have to wait a couple of weeks for it to keep on petting or is this a bug I need to get fixed?
I believe I'm in a similar situation.
I petted the baby once before I closed the previous goal, Stallion Selection. There was no information nor warning this shouldn't be done.
Consequently, I may be stuck here forever (will be 1 "baby visit" short):
20072 .
In my opinion, it's a bug.

Castloninian
04-30-15, 11:57 AM
I petted the baby once before I closed the previous goal, Stallion Selection. There was no information nor warning this shouldn't be done.
20072 .
Same here, but I assumed that the next time I collect from the horse this will be ticked and I will be done? The only downside is that I now have to wait a week. We shall see if that works. If not, I don't mind skipping for a gem.

belbar22
04-30-15, 12:08 PM
20072 .

I will be in this position too.

Seriously700
04-30-15, 12:12 PM
If you collect from EITHER level 5 stable, you will lose the option to buy the 2nd horse. I sold BOTH of my level 5 stables.

Mreames, I can't decide if you are crazy or brilliant lol but I find myself thinking about following your lead.

In my main account, I have enough gems for a 2nd horse, and I'd really like a 2nd horse, but I'm so disappointed at how TL priced it relative to the value of its drops. And I'm still mad at TL for a huge gem trap on DS plus Waligate, so I hate to give my gems unless I'm getting something very worthwhile. For now, I'm continuing doing the monster mash while I decide what to do

On my 2nd account, I don't have the gems and I don't have level 5 stables either. It is nice to continue to see the option to craft the steeds in the workshop and forge.

I don't have the love shack or any white alicorns on either account

katbtodd
04-30-15, 12:14 PM
20072 .
It happen to me too , so I made Apple pies and lemon aide ,and cobble and made a gem to skip

Liloze
04-30-15, 12:30 PM
20072 .

I really don't know if my case applies to this problem too, since I have 2 horses.
Pet them twice, so as it shows, both registered.
Will update tomorrow on the last one if it registered or not

mreames
04-30-15, 12:45 PM
Lmao.... Probably a little of both. ;) the way I see it, the remaining quest rewards are a total of one sugar or so and +20 energy, in exchange for losing the right to buy a horse at a later date. It seemed like an easy decision to me. Lol I already bought new stables and raised both to level 4 so I'm not really missing anything. :)

Mreames, I can't decide if you are crazy or brilliant lol but I find myself thinking about following your lead.

In my main account, I have enough gems for a 2nd horse, and I'd really like a 2nd horse, but I'm so disappointed at how TL priced it relative to the value of its drops. And I'm still mad at TL for a huge gem trap on DS plus Waligate, so I hate to give my gems unless I'm getting something very worthwhile. For now, I'm continuing doing the monster mash while I decide what to do

On my 2nd account, I don't have the gems and I don't have level 5 stables either. It is nice to continue to see the option to craft the steeds in the workshop and forge.

I don't have the love shack or any white alicorns on either account

FinsFabulousFoods
04-30-15, 01:03 PM
It takes 5 feedings to raise to an adult. The reported drops have been +40 energy and either an armor or long sword and either fur or rat tail plus small amount of coins.

Thanks. Looking forward to another way to gain energy.

mreames
04-30-15, 01:36 PM
I wonder how many people would think it was worth 999 gems if we could collect an armor or sword daily but only get the +40 energy every 7th collection. Lol I don't even know my own thoughts on it. Lol

arrandelle
04-30-15, 01:41 PM
im not getting any monsters for the monster mash/need for stead goal - any tips?

luckylu98
04-30-15, 01:54 PM
Thanks to all who answered! I think the light has dawned in my brain especially now that you so kindly laid it all out for me & didn't make me feel too stupid! I'm now off to get my Rouncey & keep my option open to get another at least until I get home from vacation!

ashliejb
04-30-15, 02:19 PM
I'm not either. I think it's the game. I used to get one every few min. I couldn't get a crop or collect from a building without one showing up. I cleared some buildings and layed out a lot of crops for this event so I would get monsters. I've collected entire field (about the size of three Tomas houses) and not had a single monster. That's happened three times. I think they're slowing down so it's not that easy

dragon2046
04-30-15, 02:26 PM
For those who are storing level 5 stables to keep the option open to get more horses at a later date may want to get the minimum number of horses they want now just in case when this event ends the option to craft the horse doesn't disappear with the event. :)

mreames
04-30-15, 02:32 PM
For those who are storing level 5 stables to keep the option open to get more horses at a later date may want to get the minimum number of horses they want now just in case when this event ends the option to craft the horse doesn't disappear with the event. :)

That thought occurred to me, however, it's not an option right now until I go back to work. On the other hand, that portion is supposed to be not timed so it would make sense to me that it wouldn't end the option with the end of the timed event.

Seriously700
04-30-15, 02:44 PM
Lmao.... Probably a little of both. ;) the way I see it, the remaining quest rewards are a total of one sugar or so and +20 energy, in exchange for losing the right to buy a horse at a later date. It seemed like an easy decision to me. Lol I already bought new stables and raised both to level 4 so I'm not really missing anything. :)

My only hesitation is the energy it will take to regrow all the crops needed for the upgrades. For 2 stables, that's 100 each corn, wheat and carrots, plus 100 cabbage to eventually get it back to level 5. Decisions, decisions.

mreames
04-30-15, 02:50 PM
My only hesitation is the energy it will take to regrow all the crops needed for the upgrades. For 2 stables, that's 100 each corn, wheat and carrots, plus 100 cabbage to eventually get it back to level 5. Decisions, decisions.

Raising back to level 5 I considered as not an option so I didnt worry about cabbage. I've already restocked my corn, wheat and carrots. But then again, I don't have any goals other than stallion selection, sticky fortune and trade market. None of which do I plan to ever complete. Well, if they ever come out with a new fortune that makes me want to give up unlimited basically free superglue I might move forward from the sticky fortune. Lol

arrandelle
04-30-15, 02:56 PM
That's a shame, I won't complete it at this stage if it remains the same. I cleared 40 crops, not one single monster. Thanks a lot ��

mreames
04-30-15, 03:02 PM
im not getting any monsters for the monster mash/need for stead goal - any tips?

Not sure if he was standing there when you wrote this but yes, first tip, **** the troll standing at the troll sparring pit. :) you won't get any monsters while he's lurking around. ;) I had a lot of luck planting tomatoes and strawberries, depending on how much energy I had available. If I got several monsters quickly, I replanted what I harvested and saved what energy I had left until the crops grew back. Also chopping rocks helped me a lot.

As a side note, I had a record day for gold nuggets yesterday. Lol I got 2 nuggets from one rock outcropping... Got another from one more rock outcropping and 2 more from mines. 4 nuggets within 50 minutes and 5 before the day was over. Lol

madeinseattle
04-30-15, 04:12 PM
I wish I had checked this forum more closely in the past :( I'm one of those that DID collect from my level 5 stable. Not that I could have afforded the 999 gems but would have liked the opportunity to do so..in the event I have a rich relative leave me a bundle. ( big LOL)

oakleypark2
04-30-15, 04:28 PM
Arrgggh - I need ONE MORE letter and can't send out another request until tomorrow. Can anyone help me out?

mreames
04-30-15, 04:40 PM
Arrgggh - I need ONE MORE letter and can't send out another request until tomorrow. Can anyone help me out?

Have you sent a separate request to stormie? Have you received 20/21 today?

mreames
04-30-15, 04:58 PM
I wish I had checked this forum more closely in the past :( I'm one of those that DID collect from my level 5 stable. Not that I could have afforded the 999 gems but would have liked the opportunity to do so..in the event I have a rich relative leave me a bundle. ( big LOL)

Sorry I didn't make it clearer, sweetie. ;) a lot of people have been confused.

oakleypark2
04-30-15, 05:01 PM
Have you sent a separate request to stormie? Have you received 20/21 today?

I have received exactly 14 today, including Stormie. My neighbors have been pretty non-responsive.

mreames
04-30-15, 05:06 PM
I have received exactly 14 today, including Stormie. My neighbors have been pretty non-responsive.

I sent you an invitation as Zephyrwind. Feel free to accept and send me a request.

oakleypark2
04-30-15, 05:10 PM
I sent you an invitation as Zephyrwind. Feel free to accept and send me a request.

Thank you so much! I am on my way to **** monsters!

mreames
04-30-15, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much! I am on my way to **** monsters!

Good luck! I didn't receive a request for a letter so I presume it was already in the system and just hadn't shown up yet. ;)

twospoons
04-30-15, 07:16 PM
woo! i think i might actually make it, after completing the whatever the name of that arena goal was so that i could start this challenge and taking like 8 days to get all my letters! thank goodness the monsters have been coming fast and furious. (i think the trolls were trying to prove something about how they'd been keeping the dire boars at bay? i've completely lost the narrative of this game.)

kirsty050
04-30-15, 07:36 PM
Im really hoping the horses arent going to stay at the top of the list at the workshop and magic forge after the event ends

mybunnytail
04-30-15, 07:57 PM

I sent you an invite.

CoyoteMama
04-30-15, 08:27 PM
I didn't realize going to the stable would end the event. I still want to buy the other horse, but I guess I am out of luck. Strange Storm8 would make it so hard to spend gems.

midgetsocks
04-30-15, 09:30 PM
Has anyone received armor from the black horse? I want him but I don't need rat tails as much as armor.

Lipand5kids
04-30-15, 10:13 PM
Ok, goal after the crop one...:) Neighbor requests, lol!:p

I SO need neighbors or I will never get past this. I have some but looks like only a few play or help. Please I would love to get past this part. I do play and send gifts and help. Ty :)

mybunnytail
04-30-15, 10:31 PM
I SO need neighbors or I will never get past this. I have some but looks like only a few play or help. Please I would love to get past this part. I do play and send gifts and help. Ty :)

I sent an invite!

mreames
04-30-15, 11:34 PM

Sent invites also.. From this acct and 2nd acct.

LastDuchess
04-30-15, 11:44 PM
monsters have suddenly become rare except when I visit the jousting arena. I plant wheat and sugar cane to get skunkupines, they rarely make an appearance. Even collecting from plants and buildings doesn't make dire boars or skunkupines appear except once every day or two days. Stables and hatcheries for fang beasts, also rare appearance. It's been ten days and all I've got is 20 monsters.
How do I get more monsters now that they are hard to get?
What happens if I miss this timed goal? Is there a chance to get a steed still? I don't want to use gems.

rosym47
05-01-15, 12:31 AM
So having reached the end I have a baby horse and have the "watch your horse grow" instruction. What does this mean? What do I have to do?

aurelian_knight
05-01-15, 01:04 AM
As the "monster mash" quest started, the monsters have suddenly disappeared. There was no chance to harvest 30 plots without getting a monster, now its common. Earlier couldn't collect from pond without a monster. Now they gone. IS THIS DONE ON PURPOSE?

chaarlikar
05-01-15, 01:09 AM
Why are the second horses so expensive?

chaarlikar
05-01-15, 01:22 AM
Yeah I have placed my baby horse but don't have e equine education goal

katbtodd
05-01-15, 02:02 AM
So having reached the end I have a baby horse and have the "watch your horse grow" instruction. What does this mean? What do I have to do?

Every day For 4 more days a little yellow arrow will be above him tap on that and that is petting him
You must of tap him when he was first born, it 5 taps to grow him up

rosym47
05-01-15, 02:43 AM
Done that and the "pet the horse" part is ticked. So what next? And how? I still have a baby horse

katbtodd
05-01-15, 03:47 AM
After your tap your house once a day it take 5 days for it to grow then you wait 7 days for it to drop 40 energies plus what ever else it drops like armor or sword and fur or tail

katbtodd
05-01-15, 03:48 AM
Done that and the "pet the horse" part is ticked. So what next? And how? I still have a baby horse
Going to take 5 taps to grow

WindermereBakery
05-01-15, 06:38 AM
Has someone confirmed that visiting any other level stable besides level 5 will not end this goal?
999 gems for another horse, that's around $40 in real money! Yikes
But like someone said, I could get rich someday LOL

mybunnytail
05-01-15, 06:44 AM
I think I may have gotten extremely lucky. I started monster mash with it saying 5 days left. I now have all 50 monsters ****ed and it still says 4 days left. I wonder how much of it has to do with working on the quest boar-dom not king-dom. I can hardly do anything without a dire boar showing up. Of the last 55 beasts not one is a skunkupine and only 3 are fang beasts.
Now fingers crossed I get to collect from the arena enough times before my time runs out. 😜

kirsty050
05-01-15, 06:49 AM
Has someone confirmed that visiting any other level stable besides level 5 will not end this goal?

Ive visited mine and it hasnt finished it, mine are only level 1 stables

my2place
05-01-15, 06:51 AM
Same here, but I assumed that the next time I collect from the horse this will be ticked and I will be done? The only downside is that I now have to wait a week. We shall see if that works. If not, I don't mind skipping for a gem.

In the same situation here and planning to do the same ....

sophiensissi
05-01-15, 07:45 AM
I'm still receiving lots of requests for letters, from my neighbors. I wish they could receive more than 20 per day because it's u likely they will make it. :(

Liloze
05-01-15, 07:55 AM
So here it is, petted the poneys and now I need to "Watch them grow".

The timing says 1 day, so I assume it will take a whole week of petting for them to grow,
and the last step is done....hopefully!

MynesDinner
05-01-15, 08:13 AM
What buildings & crops attract the most fanged beasts?

mreames
05-01-15, 08:28 AM
I can also confirm that collecting from level 4 stables doesn't end the ability to craft them.

mreames
05-01-15, 08:31 AM
What buildings & crops attract the most fanged beasts?

My memory isn't always the best anymore but it's telling me there aren't any crops left that attract fangbeasts. Now I'm going to have to research to see if it remembers correctly. Lol

meme1098
05-01-15, 08:40 AM
I'm still receiving lots of requests for letters, from my neighbors. I wish they could receive more than 20 per day because it's u likely they will make it. :(

Do they show that they're 2 or more days old? Those are most likely the left over requests since they will still go out if you don't send new ones the next day.

Why are the second horses so expensive?

TL knows the hoarder in most of us. I got my 2nd one today after adding more money to my ITunes account by getting the ITunes cards from credit card rewards. So cost me nothing essentially. Now I need to think of a name for 'her'. My other horse is male & named Dez.

midgetsocks
05-01-15, 08:43 AM
I get fangbeasts from cows mostly
Skunkupines from flowers, corn, the pepe le pew whatever his name is
Boars from buildings and rocks and mines
How it works in my game

midgetsocks
05-01-15, 08:45 AM
Can the mods pls update the goals post on 1st page with what drops from the horses, and the differences in the drops?:confused:

Do they drop the exact same items all the time or can you get armor from the black horse?