PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 4/16/15: Choose your Steed!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

mreames
04-17-15, 06:58 PM
I have started requesting Letters of Recommendation and 10 neighbors have sent them but, they are not showing up in my counter. Any advice or is this happening to anyone else?

Try closing out and reopening. They usually appear then for me.

mreames
04-17-15, 07:25 PM
Good to know! Thanks :) I hope they intentionally spent the gems and didn't fall into a trap. ;)

An awesome neighbor of mine posted the Monster Mash-Up on my wall (for the Seal of Bravery).
I'm not there yet (just got my Temperance Seal and now onto Chivalry Seal).
But here's what she posted, to give the rest of you a head's up... :)

10 Visits to the Jousting Arena
150 Monster ****s
150 Mystery Paws (come from the fights) ... Assuming these are "given", like the horse feed.

mybunnytail
04-17-15, 07:29 PM
Awe, I'm sad with u. When it comes to horses, I get it. Have u calculated how many days u still may need to fulfill the requirements?

I am not sure how to do that. I just finished "I scream for icecream"

mreames
04-17-15, 07:40 PM
When can you visit thurstons fort? Lol

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481922&viewfull=1#post481922

Look under post#54

mybunnytail
04-17-15, 07:45 PM
7 hours

arli111
04-17-15, 07:48 PM
Here is the 3rd part

added to post 1...SW

mreames
04-17-15, 07:48 PM
7 hours

I forgot that the first match has to be completed, too. :( anyway, you can see the steps ahead there and try to prepare as much as possible.

mreames
04-17-15, 07:50 PM
Here is the 3rd part

Oh good, 50 is a lot better than 150!! :)

mreames
04-17-15, 08:01 PM
7 hours

If you can avoid it and have all of the things below, avoid collecting from the tavern and ivys hut until directed to do so.

JOUSTING ARENA. 50,000 coin 650c/12hr
5 Super Glue.7 Purple* Dye. 2 Royal Beam. 2 Royal Block you'll need this to build it.

You'll need this stuff to get to the first match:
13. For Glimmerwood! .Rewards 1,400 coin 5xp
. READY 1x Light Armor(Lv.25) for Thurston (GIVE)
Magic Forge 3 hr > 6 iron ore. 6 silver ore. 1 troll essence
. READY 1x Mithril for Thurston (GIVE)
. READY 15x Fur for Thurston GIVE

*Mithril: collect from Deep Mine(Lv.22). Royal Exchange>Jewelers Trade(Lv.25)
OR if you have the 4th Shard CRAFT in>Magic Forge 2 Days> 50 silver ore)

And

PREPARE some (30) Rat Tails (skunkpine) for the Potion (GIVE)
. PREPARE a few (5) bottles of Troll Essence (GIVE)
. PREPARE generous amounts (6) of Sugar for the potion (GIVE)
*sugar cane 4hr crop>kitchen 15min each. 5 sugar cane = 1 sugar

kittensabc
04-17-15, 08:43 PM
Awesome, part three looks like 6 days, 18 days suddenly seems generous.

bobina21
04-17-15, 08:46 PM
Thanks storm8 you did it again!

Has anyone noticed the flags on the Barron's tent are blowing the opposite direction as the rest of the flags in the game.

I'm just say'in that's all

bac211
04-17-15, 08:53 PM
Horses will give fertilizer

Edit: it's just a guess

mreames
04-17-15, 08:58 PM
Have you tried rotating the building? :)

Has anyone noticed the flags on the Barron's tent are blowing the opposite direction as the rest of the flags in the game.

queentina3
04-17-15, 09:09 PM
Awesome, part three looks like 6 days, 18 days suddenly seems generous.

I'm going to need those 18 days plus some. I'm nowhere near even done with the harvesting. LOL!!!

Emkattz1
04-17-15, 09:10 PM
Where do i ask for letter of recommendation

SpiritWind00
04-17-15, 09:12 PM
Post 1 updated with 3rd seal and details. Thank you NW for posting...

Nothing like an event to bring us all together sharing fun, frustration, hints and tips! Thanks all...

meme1098
04-17-15, 09:15 PM

You need to send requests to your neighbors.

SpiritWind00
04-17-15, 09:17 PM

Go to the goal screen and click on Ask. It will take you to your list of neighbours. Select them all and SEND! You will get back 20/21% per 'day'.

MizCricket
04-17-15, 09:26 PM
Please correct part 3 of the goal in post 2. It should be 50 battles and 50 monster paws to get the 3rd seal. Thx!

fixed! Cheers all!

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-17-15, 09:32 PM
Post 1 updated with 3rd seal and details. Thank you NW for posting...

Nothing like an event to bring us all together sharing fun, frustration, hints and tips! Thanks all...
Oops SW, Arli111 actually posted the pic ...

Here is the 3rd part

added to post 1...SW

...and that pic corrects my original post (& the info you transferred to the first post, SW)... It's 50 battles & paws (not 150), and they're named a little diff than I was told, if ya wanna fix.
Phew!.. 50 instead of 150! Thank goodness! Lol

totalwasteoftime
04-17-15, 09:45 PM
I sent you an invitation. ;) I need a few more letters in the next 23 minutes. Lol

I just saw your invitation... along with six others! My ID here is actually for my backup game that's only on level 15 and I'm not really playing except to send myself gifts :) I'm on the forum with this ID though because my main game ID is an actual password (oops!) so I'm not making it public. I sent you the invite from my main game (I'm called Timewaster... Maybe trying to remind myself that I should be paying bills and cleaning my actual house rather than spending coins on building new farm houses!) which it looks like you accepted :)

queentina3
04-17-15, 09:53 PM
"Resume Building" and "They Did The Monster Mash" aren't showing up in the post, SW. They just say "attachment". I can right click on them and open them in a new tab, but others may not be able to do that. Figured I'd let you know that the actual picture isn't attaching to the post like the previous two.

The horse picture isn't showing up either, just says "attachment".

robotparade
04-17-15, 10:21 PM

Yes, it's annoying. Every other building with flags, you can rotate it any way you want and the flags blow in the same direction.

mikecyr
04-17-15, 10:25 PM
Please correct part 3 of the goal in post 2. It should be 50 battles and 50 monster paws to get the 3rd seal. Thx!

fixed! Cheers all!

So since the number of paws needed is the same as the number of battles, is it reasonable to guess that each battle will drop one paw? Or perhaps not all drop paws, but some drop multiple paws?

Emkattz1
04-17-15, 10:28 PM
I went to that screen and there is no ask

bethaneyl
04-17-15, 10:34 PM
I'm confused about the 3rd seal ....my jousting arena is level 2 ...does it need to be fully upgraded? Or am I ok with level 2?

mikecyr
04-17-15, 10:45 PM
So if it takes 2 gems to skip each horse feed, why is my game telling me that I need 229 gems to skip this goal?
Does that mean I need another 114.5 horse feed?

mreames
04-17-15, 10:46 PM
I went to that screen and there is no ask
Have you finished the corny goal? If so the next goal, resume building, will be in your book. Open that goal and the ask button should be there.

mreames
04-17-15, 10:47 PM
It worked out ok. I got my 20th letter with a whole 2 minutes to spare. Lol well, I can't even say it was a whole 2 minutes. ;)

I just saw your invitation... along with six others! My ID here is actually for my backup game that's only on level 15 and I'm not really playing except to send myself gifts :) I'm on the forum with this ID though because my main game ID is an actual password (oops!) so I'm not making it public. I sent you the invite from my main game (I'm called Timewaster... Maybe trying to remind myself that I should be paying bills and cleaning my actual house rather than spending coins on building new farm houses!) which it looks like you accepted :)

mreames
04-17-15, 10:57 PM
Lmao, hey you're getting a good deal! Hahaha 28% would be 114.8. Lol
I don't like their percentages anyway. Last night I was giving 1 corn at a time until it changed to 95%. 5% of 500 should be 25, so I planted exactly 25 so I could plant strawberries on the rest. I wasn't just one short, I was 2 short. Doesn't make sense to me.

So if it takes 2 gems to skip each horse feed, why is my game telling me that I need 229 gems to skip this goal?
Does that mean I need another 114.5 horse feed?

mreames
04-17-15, 10:59 PM
I'm confused about the 3rd seal ....my jousting arena is level 2 ...does it need to be fully upgraded? Or am I ok with level 2?

I THINK you're ok since you're passed "the first match". But it's a great question that needs to be answered for all the people trying to get their jousting arena built. :)

bethaneyl
04-17-15, 11:12 PM
thanks mreames ...i sure hope so cause I only have....feed & 175 more corn to go .....Also are the matches/battles just regular spawned beasts or some jousting related spawn?
I hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew ...:confused:

camber16
04-18-15, 12:19 AM
Hi.
Any mods know if the horses are available to buy after? It seems an impossible task for those of us who work full time!
Plus it just took me three weeks to get my 75 for the wig for Ivy so If I have to have help from 100 neighbours then I may as well give up now!

genellemac
04-18-15, 12:49 AM
Hi.
Any mods know if the horses are available to buy after? It seems an impossible task for those of us who work full time!
Plus it just took me three weeks to get my 75 for the wig for Ivy so If I have to have help from 100 neighbours then I may as well give up now!

Maybe you should change your neighbours, or at least check they are still active....3 weeks to get 75 responses is, well, disgraceful. Really, it should only take 3 days, maximum to 4/5.

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 01:08 AM

U can go to The Hub and take a look at the goals. Locate where u currently are at and what still is ahead of u. If it's not a lot u still have a fighting chance. Good luck.

SpiritWind00
04-18-15, 01:19 AM
The Jousting Goals are linked to the Story Outline Guide in post 2 if you need them.
A link to the current ADD ME forum is also in post 2.

As for the level of the Arena, the goal 'The First Match' is just before you're asked to upgrade the Arena to level 2. So, if you have a level 2 then you should be good to go.

20. Intermission One Rewards 1,400 coin 5xp
. UPGRADE the Jousting Arena to Level 2 (GO)
(to Lv.2 : 3 Builders Paste(Lv.17). 5 Longsword(Lv.15). 4 Royal Block (Lv.14) 4 Royal Beam
. MARVEL at the brand new Jousting Arena! (LOOK)

tito786
04-18-15, 03:05 AM
Its like I am having pet dire boar covering all my Manties......it will be there for 5 more days till I complete my second goal....:p

myzterious32
04-18-15, 04:21 AM
Check your pinky. It's been generous this am! Gave me 50 energy and my neighbor got 100! Halfway through corny quest

clk48706
04-18-15, 04:46 AM
Hi.

I totally agree with this post! I too work full time with long hours in the next 2 weeks. The last timed world event I worked hard at and was only able to get 3 out of the 5 individual prizes on both my accounts! Because of this I have sworn off timed events based on random drops. Sorry Storm 8, I will not again participate in goals where I feel you set us up to fail.

knuffel19
04-18-15, 04:55 AM
I'm going to need those 18 days plus some. I'm nowhere near even done with the harvesting. LOL!!!

I am doing ok on the harvesting, but am struggling with the horse feed. What did I miss that others are doing to get through the first part?

tuffyjkitten
04-18-15, 05:01 AM
The horse feed was the hardest part I think. I still needed quite a bit after I was done harvesting but I threw more strawberries in so I could do some energy trades at the exchange. Now it's waiting for neighbors. I don't like the 20 responses per day part of that, especially during a timed event. I bought a bunch of farmhouses since they have a 10 min timer. Now instead of a sea of conservatories I have a sea of houses, lol!

Seriously700
04-18-15, 05:01 AM

You have a horse already? All it gave was fertilizer? Oh my!

valmommy
04-18-15, 05:29 AM
Lmao, hey you're getting a good deal! Hahaha 28% would be 114.8. Lol
I don't like their percentages anyway. Last night I was giving 1 corn at a time until it changed to 95%. 5% of 500 should be 25, so I planted exactly 25 so I could plant strawberries on the rest. I wasn't just one short, I was 2 short. Doesn't make sense to me.

Like you I want to know how this math works. First of all I thought I was maxed on carrots...NOT!! I had 53! So I planted 20 on Thursday afternoon. 53 + 20 = 73...right?! Then why am I at 45% complete of 100?

maizee0404
04-18-15, 05:33 AM
Ah no way..i work so hard to get to lv 15 for the event no im gna miss out this cz its lv 22 no fair!! I love horses too.. I have 2 of my own :(
MAJOR SAD FACE!'

Seriously700
04-18-15, 05:50 AM
I've collected all the crops I need on both accounts, now just working on bags of feed. Making sundaes and doing energy trades with the extra strawberries.

On my main account, I've harvested over 250 extra crops just for feed but I still need 15 more feed.

On my other account, I've collected an extra 165 crops and still need 54 feed.

I've been lucky that I'm able to check into my accounts frequently. Don't know how people can complete these goals if they have limited access. I'm sort of glad my kids stopped playing CS because right now I'd probably be yelling at them to stop doing homework so they can check on their kingdoms and not waste valuable energy lol

butterfly_25
04-18-15, 07:17 AM
Yet another death gem trap! Yesterday morning I went to "Give" some crops I had just harvested and the pop up screen of that goal had shifted and bounced sideways (!) Causing me to press the skip instead!! & you know how high the costs are on this one!! And of all things.... It was corn!! The quickest and easiest one to attain, if you had energy. So mad! :( sick of these traps. Only 4 measly gems left, I won't have the option to use gems to speed up any steps now.

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 07:45 AM

Did you get the horse already? More details please!!!!!!!!! Collection time, how much fertilizer, anything else with it?????

anissada
04-18-15, 08:08 AM
Yet another death gem trap! Yesterday morning I went to "Give" some crops I had just harvested and the pop up screen of that goal had shifted and bounced sideways (!) Causing me to press the skip instead!! & you know how high the costs are on this one!! And of all things.... It was corn!! The quickest and easiest one to attain, if you had energy. So mad! :( sick of these traps. Only 4 measly gems left, I won't have the option to use gems to speed up any steps now.

well... at least you won't be tricked into another gemtrap now ;)
no.. honestly i feel for you.. been there done that too many times, refuse to buy gems because of the traps too

oldmcz
04-18-15, 08:11 AM
I am a little worried about the 800 visits to my buildings!

kismetelf
04-18-15, 08:17 AM
Disregard msg...couldn't get other posts to load and had asked a question I see now was already answered! 😊

xanethi
04-18-15, 08:32 AM
Started on part two now with requests. Will take minimum 5 days to finish. The visit buildings 800 times might also take a long time but i aim for 20% each Day so i am done at the same time as my requests. I actualy Like this update.
Even though i would have prefered it not to be timed

anurulz
04-18-15, 08:37 AM
I really feel for u..i recently lost 60 gems coz of quick careless touches to the screen myself..ur frustration is defo understood..

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-18-15, 08:39 AM
Started on part two now with requests. Will take minimum 5 days to finish. The visit buildings 800 times might also take a long time but i aim for 20% each Day so i am done at the same time as my requests. I actualy Like this update.
Luckily, once we get past the 3 seals, the other parts *won't* be timed, according to PikaSquirrel. :)

Margie2159
04-18-15, 09:08 AM
I am maxed out on jewels and that's or only gift now. Is there something I don't know?

Chaotarch
04-18-15, 09:21 AM
yeah, on step3, jousting arena, the green fangi is back:D

katbtodd
04-18-15, 09:48 AM
I am maxed out on jewels and that's or only gift now. Is there something I don't know?

You have to go to your neighbors kingdom and gift now ,, my gift on my board is silver ,., not sure if it broke or this is the way it going to be since we only gift 3 people it's not going out of your way to their kingdom and gift what they need or want..

myzterious32
04-18-15, 09:51 AM
Don't understand how to use forums much but curious how many days last part with beasts will take? And how are we spose to get that many too fight off too begin with? Or am I missing something? Myzterious32 healing humanity. Love Light n Blessings 🌹

andreiamarques30
04-18-15, 10:05 AM
Add me: andreiamarques30

Thanks!

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 10:14 AM
@Bac211 please tell us more about ur horse if u happen to be around! Is fertilizer the only drop?

I won't be surprised if it is honestly. For those who don't play FTW, I'll tell a short story of the horse goal there which we got for Valentine's. It was a timed event and an ordeal to satisfy the requirements. Then in the end the horse drops 500 coins and 1 XP.

mreames
04-18-15, 10:18 AM
Granted, I have probably been in the game too many hours, but about 36 hours into the 2nd goal, I need to collect about 90 more times. Then I'll coast for a couple of days while I wait on the requests. (Gives me a little time to work on other account lol) I have about 8 farms out.

bac211
04-18-15, 10:19 AM
@Bac211 please tell us more about ur horseif u happen to be around! Is fertilizer the only drop?

I won't be surprised if it is honestly. For those who don't play FTW, I'll tell a short story of the horse goal there which we got for Valentine's. It was a timed event and an ordeal to satisfy the requirements. Then at the end the horse drops 500 coins and 1 XP.

Sorry, just a guess. I should have said that.

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 10:24 AM
Sorry, just a guess. I should have said that.

Ehehehe OK. :) Then there's still hope.

mreames
04-18-15, 10:28 AM
My bet is it's just a guess.

@Bac211 please tell us more about ur horse if u happen to be around! Is fertilizer the only drop?

I won't be surprised if it is honestly. For those who don't play FTW, I'll tell a short story of the horse goal there which we got for Valentine's. It was a timed event and an ordeal to satisfy the requirements. Then in the end the horse drops 500 coins and 1 XP.

mikecyr
04-18-15, 10:43 AM
This might be a better pic to use in post 2 for the Resume Building goal, since it shows the full amounts and gems needed to skip.

queentina3
04-18-15, 10:50 AM

And many of us opted to use gems as getting the items was so miserable that we just wanted to end our suffering. LOL!

I was one of them. :o

deedeepotter
04-18-15, 10:57 AM
I'm going to need more neighbours to get through this quest, my ID is deedeepotter if anyone will help me out, I will return the favour :)

ellisleo3
04-18-15, 11:00 AM
Hi guys! I need active friends! I play everyday, but I hate writing on walls....please add me ellisleo3 thanks in advance ��

badbunny42
04-18-15, 11:00 AM
I panicked about the 800 care for my buildings when tapping all delivered a mere 7 per cent. but Northwoods suggested putting out a lot of farmhouses as they recharge fast. I stored some buildings that don't recharge fast to make room. Now at 19 per cent just four hours later. Only need 20 per cent each day, to match neighbor responses. Mega thanks to Northwoods!

badbunny42
04-18-15, 11:03 AM
In other news, since this update my livestock now gray out when tapped. And my glimmer gate is putting on a light show. Add that to the gifting option being stuck unless you visit, and no portrait option for viewing. That's a lot of weirdness.

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 11:06 AM
U can add me. I have the chance to log in frequently and respond to all.

PS I return all gifts, just takes ages. So I'm really not a good candidate there. :p

mehershey
04-18-15, 11:26 AM
I have accepted about 30 new neighbor requests in the past day. Ironically, it was mostly my "tried and true" neighbors who had the most hearts available - was able to finish that part of the goal in an hour. I'm also on track for the 800 buildings but letters of Recommendation are running way behind. I've sent out full requests twice now (yesterday afternoon and this morning). I woke up to 16% and now I've been stuck at 22% for hours! Are any of you seeing lags in time with getting letters? My news feed is totally jammed up - old notes are not disappearing - so it's annoying to scroll through and try to figure out who has responded.

meme1098
04-18-15, 11:32 AM
Your Resume Building goal uses percentages??? Mine shows actual numbers - 7/100 letters of recommendation.

mreames
04-18-15, 11:36 AM
I'm going to need more neighbours to get through this quest, my ID is deedeepotter if anyone will help me out, I will return the favour :)

I sent you an invitation. ;)

mreames
04-18-15, 11:37 AM
Your Resume Building goal uses percentages??? Mine shows actual numbers - 7/100 letters of recommendation.

Once you get to 10 it will switch to percentages. But that's easy to keep track of since its 100 needed.

deedeepotter
04-18-15, 11:39 AM
Thankyou :) :)

mehershey

Yeah - I think maybe it started with numbers when I had about four but then immediately jumped to a percentage. I've been at 22% for hours. Although I wonder if CS is acting as if I've already gotten today's 20 responses since it has not been 24 hours since I sent out my first request. But I think I had 16% when I woke up his morning but now maybe I'm confusing with the number of my buildings I've tapped. I hope I get a big surge soon.

mreames
Have you force closed and gone back in? The book often won't update those until you do.

I have accepted about 30 new neighbor requests in the past day. Ironically, it was mostly my "tried and true" neighbors who had the most hearts available - was able to finish that part of the goal in an hour. I'm also on track for the 800 buildings but letters of Recommendation are running way behind. I've sent out full requests twice now (yesterday afternoon and this morning). I woke up to 16% and now I've been stuck at 22% for hours! Are any of you seeing lags in time with getting letters? My news feed is totally jammed up - old notes are not disappearing - so it's annoying to scroll through and try to figure out who has responded.

deedeepotter
04-18-15, 11:40 AM
I sent you an invitation. ;)

Thankyou :) :)

mehershey
04-18-15, 11:41 AM
Thankyou :) :) I sent you one too.

queentina3
04-18-15, 11:55 AM

Since this event started I've had and accepted over 200 neighbors in both my games. I lost count of how many requests I've fulfilled....a lot. I feel so far behind, especially on 2tina account. I'm not even at 50% for corn or strawberries in that game, though carrots are done. If people are looking for hearts in that game, they'll be very hard to find. :(

queentina3 only has about 10% left for seeds (corn/strawberries/carrots done), then I'll be on part 2. My neighbors probably hate me right now as there are really no buildings for them to click, so focused on getting through the harvesting...Soon neighbors, I promise, you'll have hearts again on this account. :o

beefus
04-18-15, 12:00 PM
Luckily, once we get past the 3 seals, the other parts *won't* be timed, according to PikaSquirrel. :)

Actually... what Pika said and what is actually happening are kinda the truth and kinda a hidden slap to your privates.

Pika said ONLY the first part of the event is timed... and the other two parts are not... which IS true... however, ALL three actual "tasks" ARE buried within ANOTHER timed event.

So, you HAVE to get Part One done within the time allotted... and yet you do not complete Part Two or Part Three (the 2nd and 3rd Seals) BEFORE the OVERALL event ends... you will not get a pony.

So spin it however you want, everything... all three Parts... earning all three Seals, must be completed within the initial 18 day limitation, or no pony.

The whole event IS timed... because everything is tasks within tasks...

If there were NO limitation on the Three Seals... THAT would allow you all the time you wanted... but because that task is timed, the WHOLE event is timed.

Does that clear it up for everyone?
Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus

mehershey
04-18-15, 12:02 PM
Have you force closed and gone back in? The book often won't update those until you do.

Yeah - like three times. I don't have a single notice that "a friend has responded to your request for help" in the last 6 hours either, so either there is a problem or no one is responding to my requests.

mreames
04-18-15, 12:02 PM
Lol you never know. I have a 3rd account that I can't get into because the device was stolen. Obviously it hasn't been collected from but I still usually get hearts from it. Lol

Since this event started I've had and accepted over 200 neighbors in both my games. I lost count of how many requests I've fulfilled....a lot. I feel so far behind, especially on 2tina account. I'm not even at 50% for corn or strawberries in that game, though carrots are done. If people are looking for hearts in that game, they'll be very hard to find. :(

queentina3 only has about 10% left for seeds (corn/strawberries/carrots done), then I'll be on part 2. My neighbors probably hate me right now as there are really no buildings for them to click, so focused on getting through the harvesting...Soon neighbors, I promise, you'll have hearts again on this account. :o

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 12:06 PM
Actually... what Pika said and what is actually happening are kinda the truth and kinda a hidden slap to your privates.

Pika said ONLY the first part of the event is timed... and the other two parts are not... which IS true... however, ALL three actual "tasks" ARE buried within ANOTHER timed event.

So, you HAVE to get Part One done within the time allotted... and yet you do not complete Part Two or Part Three (the 2nd and 3rd Seals) BEFORE the OVERALL event ends... you will not get a pony.

So spin it however you want, everything... all three Parts... earning all three Seals, must be completed within the initial 18 day limitation, or no pony.

If there were NO limitation on the Three Seals... THAT would allow you all the time you wanted... but because that task is timed, the WHOLE event is timed.

Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus

"Need for Steed" counts as the first goal. When accomplished 2 more will follow. Since they are not timed, the requirements might be astronomical. Hence, the pony might be months away from us.

mehershey
04-18-15, 12:06 PM

Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus

The entire "need for steed" is timed - 18 days. We can take however long or little we want for each task within. But if we don't finish all three in 18 days, no horse. Some people wondered if the "not timed" referred than entirely new, yet unnamed task, that would appear once the horse was earned. Right?

mreames
04-18-15, 12:07 PM
That has been clarified I believe. Need for steed is one goal that has 3 parts to it. After the timed event (need for steed), there will be 2 more goals... Not what we are working on now. In fact, I'm not even sure we will receive the horses immediately after this timed even. All we are promised is a deed for a horse at this point. Lol

Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus

Castloninian
04-18-15, 12:08 PM

Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus
The way I understood it is that there will be more goals to fulfill after the three seals, and those goals are not timed. I don't think we immediately get the horse after we finish the Need for Steed goal.

badbunny42
04-18-15, 12:09 PM
I thought it was pretty clear there would be untimed task(s) after Need for Steed, which is timed with three components.

mreames
04-18-15, 12:09 PM
Yeah - like three times. I don't have a single notice that "a friend has responded to your request for help" in the last 6 hours either, so either there is a problem or no one is responding to my requests.

I sent you an invitation from Zephyrwind. ;) feel free to send a request for a letter. If I don't get it, then you have likely had 20 people accept it but haven't received it yet from the system.

beefus
04-18-15, 12:10 PM
"Need for Steed" counts as the first goal. When accomplished 2 more will follow. Since they are not timed, the requirements might be astronomical. Hence, the pony might be months away from us.

Ok... then yes, looking at it THAT way, you are right. .. I was looking at it as the three tasks to earn the Seals were the three Goals.

MOo
Beefus

meme1098
04-18-15, 12:15 PM
Yeah - I think maybe it started with numbers when I had about four but then immediately jumped to a percentage. I've been at 22% for hours. Although I wonder if CS is acting as if I've already gotten today's 20 responses since it has not been 24 hours since I sent out my first request. But I think I had 16% when I woke up his morning but now maybe I'm confusing with the number of my buildings I've tapped. I hope I get a big surge soon.

Well that's a bummer. It's so much easier to know the actual amount you have vs. a percentage of the total you need.

queentina3
04-18-15, 12:16 PM
Ok... then yes, looking at it THAT way, you are right. .. I was looking at it as the three tasks to earn the Seals were the three Goals.

MOo
Beefus

Pre-requisites: Level 22+, have the Jousting arena and have the Goal, "The First Match" completed.
This is a link to the Story Outline thread so you can check where you're up to if you haven't finished the 1st Anniversary Goals of the Jousting Arena yet.
Timed portion: Need for Steed - Goals 1-3 below must be complete by the expiry date.
Untimed portion: there are 2 goals after Need for Speed which will come when this goal is complete.

That is at the very beginning of the 2nd post in this thread. SW got it confirmed from Pika that this is the way the goal chain is set-up. :)

queentina3
04-18-15, 12:19 PM
Lol you never know. I have a 3rd account that I can't get into because the device was stolen. Obviously it hasn't been collected from but I still usually get hearts from it. Lol

But only after a certain time right? Just like in RS and the other games, if you don't collect your tips after a certain amount of time, they disappear and then the tables are cleared for more....I think it's 7 days. That's why it's so hard to tell sometimes if someone is active, as the tables will clear and you think they're playing, but their not. :p

mreames
04-18-15, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure exactly since I don't always go but I do know there have been times I've collected hearts from there on back to back days before. Then again, I'm never sure how any of this works. Lol

But only after a certain time right? Just like in RS and the other games, if you don't collect your tips after a certain amount of time, they disappear and then the tables are cleared for more....I think it's 7 days. That's why it's so hard to tell sometimes if someone is active, as the tables will clear and you think they're playing, but their not. :p

katbtodd
NOW THIS WORRIES ME !!19830
not sure how we can do this in the remaining days we have left, this pic is not mine stole it from above
I still have at least 3 days of neighbors request
People are going to get up set if you make these quest un reachable .

Solstice14
I don't see how to ask for letters of recommendations. Help please.

mreames
04-18-15, 12:29 PM

If you have the resume builders goal in your book, open it and it should let you "ask" from there.

meme1098
04-18-15, 12:30 PM

In the goal window there should be a green Ask button

Tap the green Ask button & your nbr list should pop up. Now just check off the nbrs you want to send the request to.

mreames
04-18-15, 12:31 PM
10 days to visit the arena (possibly less) 5 monsters a day. I guess it depends on the drops but these two should be easy enough.

NOW THIS WORRIES ME !!19830
not sure how we can do this in the remaining days we have left, this pic is not mine stole it from above
I still have at least 3 days of neighbors request

katbtodd
04-18-15, 12:33 PM
10 days to visit the arena (possibly less) 5 monsters a day. I guess it depends on the drops but these two should be easy enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the arena only come up once a day

meme1098
04-18-15, 12:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the arena only come up once a day

I just checked The Hub cuz I forgot....12 hrs.

The beasts will be the toughest since some days I don't even get 2 & others it's like 10. Now since we need them to spawn, of course, they'll be nonexistent.

So another trap to spend gems on beast traps to finish or skip. Who works out these time limitations anyway???

Daph499
04-18-15, 12:35 PM
The arena is a 12 hour timer, so 10 times should only take 5 days, but I wonder which monsters we need to defeat and from where.

myzterious32
04-18-15, 12:42 PM
That's what I'm worried about katbtodd! As I'm on android I don't know if it makes a difference but I get my beasts only at beginning of level, middle of level, and the very end of level.

katbtodd
04-18-15, 12:43 PM
The arena is a 12 hour timer, so 10 times should only take 5 days, but I wonder which monsters we need to defeat and from where.

Thank you I was just in the hub and couldn't find it. 12 hours twice a day should be doable

mreames
04-18-15, 12:44 PM
I need about 30 more collections from my buildings. I feel like I'm watching paint peel, sidewalks crack, water boil... waiting for energy to restore. Lol. Of course I still need a couple of days for the requests anyway but at least I'll be able to put buildings back in storage. :)

katbtodd
04-18-15, 12:45 PM
That's what I'm worried about katbtodd! As I'm on android I don't know if it makes a difference but I get my beasts only at beginning of level, middle of level, and the very end of level.

Not sure what you mean by level but it seems I get my beast ,when I'm about out of energies
And we got to remember we have our troll pit if they let that count

katbtodd
04-18-15, 12:46 PM
I need about 30 more collections from my buildings. I feel like I'm watching paint peel, sidewalks crack, water boil... waiting for energy to restore. Lol. Of course I still need a couple of days for the requests anyway but at least I'll be able to put buildings back in storage. :)

That was me yesterday

MsMelanieMonster
04-18-15, 12:47 PM
No, you didn't get nothing. You got decoration. You may think it's worth nothing, or atleast not the efford you put in it (neither do I), but it is something. And you got the Gardens, which do drop usefull stuff.

Personally, I just like to chase goals, accept challenges. I don't care much about the reward (ok, without any I wouldn't participate either, but just a small piece of deco is enough for me. To me it feels like a medal: "Look, I've made it! I worked my XXX off, and I made it!. That's enough for me.

I used a bunch of the fences/gates to have enough royal points to expand to Sabina. Decorations do waste space but the royal points have helped me!

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 12:50 PM
I just checked The Hub cuz I forgot....12 hrs.

The beasts will be the toughest since some days I don't even get 2 & others it's like 10. Now since we need them to spawn, of course, they'll be nonexistent.

So another trap to spend gems on beast traps to finish or skip. Who works out these time limitations anyway???

This goal is supposed to be near to impossible to finish without gems. Making the last step rely on random events that the player has no control over (monster spawning) means that TL is in total control of when players can finish. They will run it down to the absolute wire making players panic and spend gems. And because it is the last step, psychology says players will be driven to spend as much money as it takes, so as not to have wasted all the energy and resources from the first two steps.

If this goal was not timed, it would be awesome and fun. Making it timed is disgustingly greedy. More and more, I can't stand playing any of these TL games because of the level of indifference to players, lack of effort, and unbelievable levels of greed. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know how anyone can feel differently.

mreames
04-18-15, 12:52 PM
That was me yesterday

I'm sure it felt good to be done with it! I know I will feel better. :)

mehershey
04-18-15, 12:57 PM

Clear... like mud ;)

Peace and MOo
Beefus

I sent you an invitation from Zephyrwind. ;) feel free to send a request for a letter. If I don't get it, then you have likely had 20 people accept it but haven't received it yet from the system.

Thank you! I accepted and sent you a request for a letter. We will see when and if it shows up.

katbtodd
04-18-15, 01:07 PM
I'm sure it felt good to be done with it! I know I will feel better. :)

Yes, I will be able to sleep tonight ,

mreames
04-18-15, 01:08 PM
Thank you! I accepted and sent you a request for a letter. We will see when and if it shows up.

I've force closed and gone back in 3 times so far. By the way, what time zone are you in? Just wondering if maybe you got 20 of those today in Pacific time. Or has your number changed yet?

mreames
04-18-15, 01:20 PM
Yes, I will be able to sleep tonight ,

Lol touche', I look forward to knowing the feeling. Hahahaha

mikecyr
04-18-15, 01:21 PM
This goal is supposed to be near to impossible to finish without gems. Making the last step rely on random events that the player has no control over (monster spawning) means that TL is in total control of when players can finish. They will run it down to the absolute wire making players panic and spend gems. And because it is the last step, psychology says players will be driven to spend as much money as it takes, so as not to have wasted all the energy and resources from the first two steps.

If this goal was not timed, it would be awesome and fun. Making it timed is disgustingly greedy. More and more, I can't stand playing any of these TL games because of the level of indifference to players, lack of effort, and unbelievable levels of greed. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know how anyone can feel differently.

I can understand where you're coming from, the timed goals can be quite challenging, but I think you're being overly negative. I've fully completed every timed event since the Halloween event last year, and I've never spent any gems. (Well, to be totally honest, I did spend some gems on the tablecloth goal from the Thanksgiving event, because I had little access to wool at that point.) And yes, I do have a full time job and cannot play while I'm working, but I do commit to playing consistently during these events when I'm not working.

I just thought that someone should refute your claim that these goals are impossible to complete without spending gems.

mreames
04-18-15, 01:33 PM
I agree and especially when there are still 16 days to go. It remains to be seen for me how well the paws drop but the horse feed wasn't bad at all.

I can understand where you're coming from, the timed goals can be quite challenging, but I think you're being overly negative. I've fully completed every timed event since the Halloween event last year, and I've never spent any gems. (Well, to be totally honest, I did spend some gems on the tablecloth goal from the Thanksgiving event, because I had little access to wool at that point.) And yes, I do have a full time job and cannot play while I'm working, but I do commit to playing consistently during these events when I'm not working.

I just thought that someone should refute your claim that these goals are impossible to complete without spending gems.

totalwasteoftime
04-18-15, 01:45 PM
A week sounds about right... I have a neighbor who's at level 4 and obviously not playing - Thomas is still a goat! I've decided not to delete because sometimes it's nice to see how far I've come :) The hearts keep coming back on that one though.

mehershey
04-18-15, 01:51 PM
I've force closed and gone back in 3 times so far. By the way, what time zone are you in? Just wondering if maybe you got 20 of those today in Pacific time. Or has your number changed yet?

It hasn't changed. I'm in the central time zone and I don't remember exactly what time I sent out my first request last night. I but I thought you could send out one set of requests per day and get 20 responses per set of requests. I know that after I request from someone, it tells me I can't if I try to send again that day. Since I was able to send out two full requests so far, I thought I'd be able to get two full sets of responses. But maybe I only got 2% of people (or two) responding last night and then I got a full 20 today, so I'm done until tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up and have a bunch more responses that "hit" after the time changed over at midnight Pacific.

mreames
04-18-15, 01:58 PM
I'm in central time zone also. You can receive 20 per day that ends at 2 am our time. Anything received after that counts towards the next days 20. (You can get 21 by waiting to send a request to stormie until after you get 20, as long as there is enough time.)

It hasn't changed. I'm in the central time zone and I don't remember exactly what time I sent out my first request last night. I but I thought you could send out one set of requests per day and get 20 responses per set of requests. I know that after I request from someone, it tells me I can't if I try to send again that day. Since I was able to send out two full requests so far, I thought I'd be able to get two full sets of responses. But maybe I only got 2% of people (or two) responding last night and then I got a full 20 today, so I'm done until tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up and have a bunch more responses that "hit" after the time changed over at midnight Pacific.

mehershey
04-18-15, 02:08 PM
So what likely happened is that I got a couple of responses prior to 2 am and the rest afterwards, and now I'm done until tomorrow. I'll send out more requests but hopefully all the backed up ones from today will come through. I'm almost halfway done checking 800 of my own buildings so all I have left is another 4 days of waiting for letters. Thank you for your help figuring this out!

mreames
04-18-15, 02:14 PM
You're very welcome :) I send the requests out ever day to every neighbor. If you happen to be up , new requests can be sent out after 2 am our time, every day.

So what likely happened is that I got a couple of responses prior to 2 am and the rest afterwards, and now I'm done until tomorrow. I'll send out more requests but hopefully all the backed up ones from today will come through. I'm almost halfway done checking 800 of my own buildings so all I have left is another 4 days of waiting for letters. Thank you for your help figuring this out!

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 02:34 PM

I didn't say impossible, I said near impossible. They want people to panic thinking they're not going to make it in time so that they start spending gems. And this is set up perfectly. The first goal takes tons and tons and tons of energy and resources, which psychologically commits players to wanting to see the rest of the goals through no matter what it costs. The second goal is set up so that there is a minimum of 5 days to get through. And the last goal relies on getting enough of something where players have no control over how often it happens. I think it's overly naive to think that they aren't in total control of this and planning to make sure that players go right down to the wire on completing it, so that panic sets in and gems will be spent.

Also, from what I've been reading, they're getting a lot worse with this game. The flower frenzy event was clearly lazily thrown together, and that truly WAS impossible for the lower level players to get the last individual prize. From what it sounds like, the Halloween event was much better all around - including having an actually useful prize. I've only been playing since January but the feeling I get from the forums, and my own observations, is that the game is going downhill.

And my negativity is by no means just about this goal.... it's about their treatment of this game and other TL games as well. They are putting in the absolute bare minimum effort on design and story, while taking every opportunity they can to add gem traps, and putting a focus on making timed goals that are extremely difficult and put a max amount of pressure on players to spend money. And then the cherry on top? The prizes aren't even close to being worth the effort and money.

Explain to me how being disgusted by this is unjustified....

figththefire
04-18-15, 02:56 PM
I don't mean to be rude or something, but we complain when there r no updates
But when they give us update, we still complain... Lets be more positive, ppl ;)

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 03:21 PM
But when they give us update, we still complain... Lets be more positive, ppl ;)

I think the kind of update that most want is a continuation of the permanent storyline. Not more timed goals that are extremely difficult and require an insane amount of time and/or money to complete, all for what is probably a useless prize. We don't know that the horse is useless, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption considering the flower frenzy event prizes, the new market trades, and the new cabbage tent - all useless.

But sure, let me be more positive... let me spend money blindly and happily on the game in spite of how truly awful this company is. If you don't believe they are awful, greedy, steal money from players, and treat us like garbage, you haven't been paying enough attention. I'm not trying to be rude to other players, but I'm not a fan of sitting back quietly and getting taken advantage of. And if you haven't noticed the amount of manipulation and greed that goes into everything they do, it's time to.

Dabag
04-18-15, 03:58 PM
Thank you to the players that posted photos. It is very much appreciated.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/RP%20Announcement%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/Kingdom%20Goals%20listing%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/Need%20for%20Speed%20-%20Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/A%20Corny%20Quest%20-%20Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/Horse%20Feed%20a.%20-%20Copy.jpghttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/Horse%20Feed%20b.%20-%20Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/congrats.%20corny%20quest.AnniePMH%20-%20Copy.jpg
congrats posted by AnniePMH

Resume Building - posted by mikecyr
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/resume%20building%20.mikecyr%20-%20Copy.jpg

They Did The Monster Mash - posted by arli111
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/monster%20mash.arli111%20-%20Copy.jpg

prettyplease
04-18-15, 04:36 PM
I don't post here often and I have not read all the posts in this thread but just a heads up...when collecting from buildings for the goal beware the instant collect thing that happens when you close out and reopen or receive a notification (text, other app, etc.) I've had this happen to me twice and all those buildings went unregistered towards completion. Sorry if this has been said already. Better twice than never...?

ahomeforme
04-18-15, 05:01 PM
I don't post here often and I have not read all the posts in this thread but just a heads up...when collecting from buildings for the goal beware the instant collect thing that happens when you close out and reopen or receive a notification (text, other app, etc.) I've had this happen to me twice and all those buildings went unregistered towards completion. Sorry if this has been said already. Better twice than never...?

It just happened to me. Used up all energy but my collection did not register at all. I didn't know why, now I do.

meme1098
04-18-15, 05:06 PM
So slow collection required. I started out just tapping a few things at a time & watching the goal book for the progress flag. So I guess I'll keep that up then. No close out & opening again to do quick collection.

mreames
04-18-15, 05:20 PM
Soooooo.... Now to find out if I can do this on time on my other account with just starting today. :) at least all I'm doing on THIS account is waiting for letters for a couple of days. ��

55lee55
04-18-15, 05:32 PM
I finally read through all the comments. Whew!

I am at 41 percent on the Letters and with over 500 meighbors I am just waiting it out.

My biggest problem has been collecting from buildings as it wasn't clear which buildings counted or didn't until I came here and read through the forum. My 7 Glimmerdust Troves don't appeat to count toward the total despite what is posted. I have collected from them multiple times and no progress when I collect from them.

I have a question about the next part, with the Jousting Arena. I have one out in my Kingdom, and I was sure that I had several more but when I went to look as soon as I discovered that we need the Arena, I couldn't find my completed one or ones that I was sure were in storage but I did find a single Level 1 Arena. It disappeared when I attempted to place it in my Kingdom. I posted about it in "Bugs and Issues" and it is back now. So although I thought I had built more when I needed them to fight a long time ago, I do have two. But there seems to be no way now to build more. I am a bit confused about this because I thought that there was an option previously yo build more through the Market. There is no Jousting Arena in my Market now so I am wondering, do I remember this incorrectly or did Team Lava remove the option to build more from the Market for this Quest? It is not that there is a building limit like there is for many buildings It is simply not in the Market when I was sure that it was there previously. So, what am I missing? Do I remember incorrectly or was the Arena removed to prevent us from getting through the last section of this timed part of the quest without struggling or spending gems? Do I misremember how many Arenas I had in storage? Was my level 1 returned only because I reported it or was it an accident that it disappeared just as I was placing it? Can someone explain to me why I remember having at least two leveled up Arenas and the one level 1? How many Arena do others have? I can make it with the two Arenas and I completed the one that was returned to me this afternoon but with such a long recharge time, more Arenas would be handy. Answers to my memory lapse anyone? Thanks!

figththefire
04-18-15, 05:38 PM
Always had ONE Arena
Never had an option to buy more.

kat8rose
04-18-15, 05:41 PM
I was sure I read that all buildings, including glimmerdust troves, would count toward the 800 buildings we have to collect from in our own kingdoms. However, when I collect from my crafting buildings ...kitchen, work & potion shops, ... I am not seeing any progress on my goal book and the percentage collected is not increasing. Therefore, I am not getting credit when collecting from my crafting buildings!

If others are getting credit for collections on crafting bldgs then I am broken. Does being a droid user affect this lol .. J/k kinda sorta

Help!

kat8rose
04-18-15, 05:44 PM
I am lvl 39, was only allowed one arena, so you may want to hide your other one!

queentina3
04-18-15, 05:47 PM
WHOOP!! Finally on to step 2 on my queentina3 account!!! Sent out my requests, except to Stormie, he'll get his after I receive the first 20 back.

Now if only 2tina could catch up. *sighs* That account isn't even at 50% for corn and feed. I don't think I'll make it on that account and may end up just passing on the event over there if I can't complete the harvesting by tomorrow. I don't think I'll have time to get through the other steps otherwise and will just get frustrated. LOL!!!

totalwasteoftime
04-18-15, 05:48 PM

I agree about bring more positive! It helps me to remember that it's a GAME! I actually started playing because my husband was playing Dragon Story and it looked fun but I thought he was crazy to spend real money on virtual gems to cash in for a game dragon. Hence my storm ID :) After playing myself I see how it gets so addictive but it's not as if they're offering us an actual horse or that they owe us anything. It's a free game and we all can walk away anytime we want - and take that money we would have spent on gems to buy a Groupon to go riding on a REAL horse :)

That said I'm soooo glad we have this forum!! My first timed event was the Thanksgiving table and I spent gems on that because I misunderstood the timed nature of the event versus the individual goal until I noticed the timer kept going down and did a Google search that led me to you all! It actually kind of amazing to me that TL/S8 allows all this idea sharing so we can plan ahead.

MsMelanieMonster
04-18-15, 05:56 PM
"Care For Your Kingdom" (assuming all buildings with hearts count!):

amphitheater, castle garden, cottage, conservatory, chateau, deep mine, farmhouse, glimmer troves, gazebo, glimmerbat habitat, hatchery, Ivy's hut, jousting arena, jeweler, library, lantern spire/ watchtower, mine, marketplace, magic garden, observatory, stable, sawmill, Sabina's house, tablet of tabernum, Thomas's house, troll pit, theatre, tavern, wizard school, windmill

I assume that Thurston's Fort and Kaz's Abode count because the other character houses do, but it's an assumption. All others listed above actually had hearts. Note: kitchens, potion shops, and magic forges didn't have any hearts :(

Does anyone know if the troll castle, troll vault, or cathedral count?

GL all!

~P.S. - feel free to add MsMelanieMonster (kingdom: aliceinoz ) for letters of recommendation. I'll be checking them frequently during this time challenge.

kat8rose
04-18-15, 06:03 PM
"Care For Your Kingdom" (assuming all buildings with hearts count!):

amphitheater, castle garden, cottage, conservatory, chateau, deep mine, farmhouse, glimmer troves, gazebo, glimmerbat habitat, hatchery, Ivy's hut, jousting arena, jeweler, library, lantern spire/ watchtower, mine, marketplace, magic garden, observatory, stable, sawmill, Sabina's house, tablet of tabernum, Thomas's house, troll pit, theatre, tavern, wizard school, windmill

I assume that Thurston's Fort and Kaz's Abode count because the other character houses do, but it's an assumption. All others listed above actually had hearts. Note: kitchens, potion shops, and magic forges didn't have any hearts :(

GL all!

~P.S. - feel free to add MsMelanieMonster (kingdom: aliceinoz ) for letters of recommendation. I'll be checking them frequently during this time challenge.

Did you try crafting bldgs ....not getting credit myself, thanks
Did get credit on troll castle and vault.

Daph499
04-18-15, 06:05 PM

All of these count for me.

PraxisOfGood
04-18-15, 06:09 PM
WHOOP!! Finally on to step 2 on my queentina3 account!!! Sent out my requests, except to Stormie, he'll get his after I receive the first 20 back.

Now if only 2tina could catch up. *sighs* That account isn't even at 50% for corn and feed. I don't think I'll make it on that account and may end up just passing on the event over there if I can't complete the harvesting by tomorrow. I don't think I'll have time to get through the other steps otherwise and will just get frustrated. LOL!!!

I didn't have much trouble with the first step, and I started with only about 40 carrots to my name. What I did was to set 16 of my fields to making strawberries and 32 to making carrots. Then set a kitchen timer to 1 hour. Come back, harvest the strawberries, and if I had more than 12-13 energy left, run a load of corn until I was out of energy then back to the strawberries and the kitchen timer. When I would miss the alarm for sleep or life getting in the way, I'd just have enough energy for two loads of corn. I had a skunkupine trap out to keep from being interrupted with my harvesting, and the only other thing I did with my energy was magic schools and pinkie to get more energy. With that, I got done in two days, and at the end I was just waiting for the second crop of carrots to finish.

Second stage doesn't look any harder. It'll take 4-5 days for the invitations depending on how much time you have left in the day when you finish step 1, but I finished petting 150 of my friends buildings in the first trip through. I'm not sure exactly what 800 of my own buildings will look like, but I took the good suggestion of building 3 level 1 farmhouses so I always always have buildings to spend energy on. I'm sure I'll make it before the recommendations if I do nothing else, and I'm pretty sure I won't have to be that single-minded.

queentina3
04-18-15, 06:36 PM
Did you try crafting bldgs ....not getting credit myself, thanks
Did get credit on troll castle and vault.

Anything you can "heart" is counted. You can't "heart" crafting buildings so they don't count to my knowledge.

All of these count for me.

They counted for me as well, though I stored my Cathedral after I collected from it to make room for farm houses and I'm trying to just keep out resource buildings or those things that have 8 hours or less turn-around. I even stored my Theatre's and pulled out a few of my Towers. LOL!!! I'm going to have to accumulate more stone and beams before I buy more farm houses though. I've already run out. :rolleyes:

SpiritWind00
04-18-15, 06:40 PM
Please be mindful that if you want active neighbours you should post your ID in the ADD ME thread, not here please! I put a link to the April Add Me thread in post 1. It's ok if someone starts a new thread just for this event if it helps. I'll keep it open till the event finishes.

I will keep an eye out for the queries on the buildings listed in the last few posts (as I'm sure we all will). I have to go and do real life stuff for the rest of the day now, so I'll update post 2 later tonight. Happy collecting everyone! :)

mreames
04-18-15, 06:56 PM
How are you checking for progress from your troves? 7 out of 800 by itself isn't enough to change it by one percent. I think it should be enough to see a reduction in gem cost to skip though. My book flashed progress every time I collected from a trove but I'm through that now so I can't look at the gem cost go down. Since we can collect hearts from them it makes sense they would count.

The jousting arena was part of the storyline (first anniversary) and one is all that any of us could build. Not sure how you got two. ;) I'd say count your lucky stars. :)

I finally read through all the comments. Whew!

I am at 41 percent on the Letters and with over 500 meighbors I am just waiting it out.

My biggest problem has been collecting from buildings as it wasn't clear which buildings counted or didn't until I came here and read through the forum. My 7 Glimmerdust Troves don't appeat to count toward the total despite what is posted. I have collected from them multiple times and no progress when I collect from them.

I have a question about the next part, with the Jousting Arena. I have one out in my Kingdom, and I was sure that I had several more but when I went to look as soon as I discovered that we need the Arena, I couldn't find my completed one or ones that I was sure were in storage but I did find a single Level 1 Arena. It disappeared when I attempted to place it in my Kingdom. I posted about it in "Bugs and Issues" and it is back now. So although I thought I had built more when I needed them to fight a long time ago, I do have two. But there seems to be no way now to build more. I am a bit confused about this because I thought that there was an option previously yo build more through the Market. There is no Jousting Arena in my Market now so I am wondering, do I remember this incorrectly or did Team Lava remove the option to build more from the Market for this Quest? It is not that there is a building limit like there is for many buildings It is simply not in the Market when I was sure that it was there previously. So, what am I missing? Do I remember incorrectly or was the Arena removed to prevent us from getting through the last section of this timed part of the quest without struggling or spending gems? Do I misremember how many Arenas I had in storage? Was my level 1 returned only because I reported it or was it an accident that it disappeared just as I was placing it? Can someone explain to me why I remember having at least two leveled up Arenas and the one level 1? How many Arena do others have? I can make it with the two Arenas and I completed the one that was returned to me this afternoon but with such a long recharge time, more Arenas would be handy. Answers to my memory lapse anyone? Thanks!

meme1098
04-18-15, 07:04 PM
How are you checking for progress from your troves? 7 out of 800 by itself isn't enough to change it by one percent. I think it should be enough to see a reduction in gem cost to skip though. My book flashed progress every time I collected from a trove but I'm through that now so I can't look at the gem cost go down. Since we can collect hearts from them it makes sense they would count.

The jousting arena was part of the storyline (first anniversary) and one is all that any of us could build. Not sure how you got two. ;) I'd say count your lucky stars. :)

As I tap buildings, I watch the goal book for the flash of the progress flag.
I know the green houses don't count, but will pay more attention when tapping the mines & sawmills.

Anaboe
04-18-15, 07:09 PM
Lol, I sent out the first request for the letters (to over 400 neighbors, lol) some 6 hours ago and I already have 26 letters :)

Had this in previous events too, but then the next days only gave me 17, so it evens out in the long run, but... if I manage to get 26 letters every day, I'm done in 4 days :D

mreames
04-18-15, 07:11 PM
As I tap buildings, I watch the goal book for the flash of the progress flag.
I know the green houses don't count, but will pay more attention when tapping the mines & sawmills.

That's how I checked for progress too. But when in doubt, keep track of the gem cost to skip. It should go down by a gem for every 2 collections or so. All of the mines and sawmills count.

Seriously700
04-18-15, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the heads up about this. I hadn't seen it mentioned.

It might be worth reporting in the bugs and issue section. You should get full credit regardless of whether you have an intentional or accidental quick-collect.

queentina3
04-18-15, 07:53 PM
I didn't have much trouble with the first step, and I started with only about 40 carrots to my name. What I did was to set 16 of my fields to making strawberries and 32 to making carrots. Then set a kitchen timer to 1 hour. Come back, harvest the strawberries, and if I had more than 12-13 energy left, run a load of corn until I was out of energy then back to the strawberries and the kitchen timer. When I would miss the alarm for sleep or life getting in the way, I'd just have enough energy for two loads of corn. I had a skunkupine trap out to keep from being interrupted with my harvesting, and the only other thing I did with my energy was magic schools and pinkie to get more energy. With that, I got done in two days, and at the end I was just waiting for the second crop of carrots to finish.

Second stage doesn't look any harder. It'll take 4-5 days for the invitations depending on how much time you have left in the day when you finish step 1, but I finished petting 150 of my friends buildings in the first trip through. I'm not sure exactly what 800 of my own buildings will look like, but I took the good suggestion of building 3 level 1 farmhouses so I always always have buildings to spend energy on. I'm sure I'll make it before the recommendations if I do nothing else, and I'm pretty sure I won't have to be that single-minded.

I had finished the carrots already, and the strawberries are finally done, but the corn is barely 50% and now the feed is at least 62%, though it seems to be slowing now that I'm only dealing with corn. Hmm.....Anyways, I did split up my crops and etc....And I was one of the first to move the beasties out of the way in both my games (back in the very first pages of the thread I wrote about it.) :p

No, my bigger problem is going to be the collecting of my own buildings once I finally get done harvesting and get the feed, if I can finish that tomorrow. See, 2tina has barely any money and NO ROOM at all. If you saw that queendom there is barely a spot for a 1x1 item now. I also have almost no wood or stone left to even contemplate building more farm houses at the moment. I'd have to waste energy on cutting trees/bashing rocks. I'm just going to see what happens over the next day or so and if it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it, I'll just go back to regular play and forget about this event on that account. I won't cry over not getting a horse that we don't even know if it's going to drop anything rare enough that I can't already get elsewhere, you know? I'd rather not have the frustration and annoyance, and queentina3 account is on schedule so at least one account will have one. *shrugs*

mreames
04-18-15, 08:08 PM
I have the money and the room and the wood and stone on my other account....my problem is if I want to go through collecting from 800 buildings again. Hahahaha oh well, I'll probably try since I'm going through the trouble of growing 400 corn, 6 plots at a time. Lol (growing carrots on 50 plots)

No, my bigger problem is going to be the collecting of my own buildings once I finally get done harvesting and get the feed, if I can finish that tomorrow. See, 2tina has barely any money and NO ROOM at all. If you saw that queendom there is barely a spot for a 1x1 item now. I also have almost no wood or stone left to even contemplate building more farm houses at the moment. I'd have to waste energy on cutting trees/bashing rocks. I'm just going to see what happens over the next day or so and if it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it, I'll just go back to regular play and forget about this event on that account. I won't cry over not getting a horse that we don't even know if it's going to drop anything rare enough that I can't already get elsewhere, you know? I'd rather not have the frustration and annoyance, and queentina3 account is on schedule so at least one account will have one. *shrugs*

sophiensissi
04-18-15, 08:11 PM
Need for Steed Goals

Pre-requisites: Level 22+, have the Jousting arena and have the Goal, "The First Match" completed.
This is a link to the Story Outline (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821-CS-Story-Outline-List&p=1059763&viewfull=1#post1059763) thread so you can check where you're up to if you haven't finished the 1st Anniversary Goals of the Jousting Arena yet.
Timed portion: Need for Steed - Goals 1-3 below must be complete by the expiry date.
Untimed portion: there are 2 goals after Need for Speed which will come when this goal is complete.

1. Earn the Seal of Temperance (complete a corny quest)
A Corny Quest - give 500 corn, 300 strawberries, 100 carrots, 410 store quality horse feed

2. Earn the Seal of Chivalry (complete resume building)
Resume building:

Care for your Kingdom - 0/800 (skip 400 gems)
Lend your neighbours a hand (tend buildings) - 0/150
Ask for Letters of Recommendation - 0/100
Notes:

* If you need more active neighbours, please post your ID in the ADD ME (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80254-Castle-Story-April-2015) forum - not here though please! (April link added)
* all buildings count towards tending buildings count, including glimmer troves, bountiful table and gazebo's - anything that you can collect hearts from.

3. Earn the Seal of Bravery (complete they did the monster mash)

10 Visits to the Jousting Arena
50 Monster ****s
50 Mystery Paws (come from the fights) ... Assuming these are "given", like the horse feed.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19744&d=1429211397 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19744&d=1429211397)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19746&d=1429211490 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19746&d=1429211490)

What are the two quests after "need for steed"? I'm on the resume building second quest and have 57% collecting from buildings, 100% visiting neighbors, and 32% letters of recommendation (need more neighbors. :)). I'm hoping to get to the last quest seal of bravery by Tuesday. But, seems like a lot of fighting to get done on that one.

queentina3
04-18-15, 08:13 PM
What are the two quests after "need for steed"? I'm on the resume building second quest and have 57% collecting from buildings, 100% visiting neighbors, and 32% letters of recommendation (need more neighbors. :)). I'm hoping to get to the last quest seal of bravery by Tuesday. But, seems like a lot of fighting to get done on that one.

We don't know yet as nobody has received all 3 seals yet. We just know that there will be two more goals (not timed) after that as a CM told us.

vuvhappy
04-18-15, 08:15 PM
Regarding the buildings I built like 17 farm houses. You can collect from them every 9/10 minutes. I am almost at 48%. Also waiting from my neighbors' response. :o

mreames
04-18-15, 08:21 PM
If you're referring to the 2 untimed quests that will follow, no one knows as they haven't been released yet.
If you're referring to the last component of the need for steed, it's the one about monster mashing. Battle 50 monsters, collect 50 paws and visit the jousting arena 10 times.

kittensabc
04-18-15, 08:22 PM
I am hoping that the last two goals are "choose a horse" and "feed your horse into adulthood," but that's just because I want to get back to the glimmergate quest line.

mreames
04-18-15, 08:25 PM
I am hoping that the last two goals are "choose a horse" and "feed your horse into adulthood," but that's just because I want to get back to the glimmergate quest line.

:) works for me!!

prettyplease
04-18-15, 08:32 PM
With battling 50 monsters...any idea if the pink skunks will count?

sophiensissi
04-18-15, 08:33 PM
If you're referring to the 2 untimed quests that will follow, no one knows as they haven't been released yet.
If you're referring to the last component of the need for steed, it's the one about monster mashing. Battle 50 monsters, collect 50 paws and visit the jousting arena 10 times.

Yes, I am referring to the 2 untamed ones. I was able to read the other ones in the post I was responding to. :)

sophiensissi
04-18-15, 08:35 PM
Pika squirrel works for TL and posted the first 3 quests before people got to them so I'm assuming she knows the 2 untimed ones too. Not an illogical assumption. :)

butterfly_25
04-18-15, 08:42 PM
well... at least you won't be tricked into another gemtrap now ;)
no.. honestly i feel for you.. been there done that too many times, refuse to buy gems because of the traps too

Lol, I know! I thought of that, too - the silver lining lol.

butterfly_25
04-18-15, 08:48 PM
I really feel for u..i recently lost 60 gems coz of quick careless touches to the screen myself..ur frustration is defo understood..

Thank you. Yup, it has happened too many times, but this is my first public complaint I think lol. Not long ago, I quickly calculated any of the past gem traps I could remember, and I'm sure I've lost well over 1,000+ ... Maybe in reality this makes it 2,000 lol .... for shame.

DanitaDale
04-18-15, 09:21 PM
If anyone needs a new neighbor please add me!! Storm ID is DanitaDale. Thanks��

CharmOfLea
04-18-15, 09:45 PM

THANK YOU! You saved me lots of grief. I always use the quick collect. Didn't notice the effect in the last couple of hours. I would have been set up for a painful awakening. Again, thanks a lot!

mikecyr
04-18-15, 09:53 PM
Pika squirrel works for TL and posted the first 3 quests before people got to them so I'm assuming she knows the 2 untimed ones too. Not an illogical assumption. :)

You are confused. The custom is that the moderators here will update post 2 of these threads as more information is discovered about the goals by us, the players. That way, people have an easy place to go to see what they need to do for the goal. Pika did not post the information. TL will not tell us what the goals are; they want us to discover them.

mikecyr
04-18-15, 10:16 PM

The glimmerdust troves are definitely counting for me. The spooky tree, however, does not.

mreames
04-18-15, 10:25 PM
The glimmerdust troves are definitely counting for me. The spooky tree, however, does not.

They definitely worked for me too and I'm the one that pushed for its inclusion on page 1 since it's not so obvious. Lol
That's why I wanted to know how she was coming to that conclusion, in case I was wrong. :) I confess I tried the spooky tree once, too. Lol

sophiensissi
04-18-15, 10:54 PM
You are confused. The custom is that the moderators here will update post 2 of these threads as more information is discovered about the goals by us, the players. That way, people have an easy place to go to see what they need to do for the goal. Pika did not post the information. TL will not tell us what the goals are; they want us to discover them.

Did you read the second post with all the goal info from Team Lava??? I'm certainly not the confused one here....

totalwasteoftime
04-18-15, 10:57 PM
There was some discussion a while back about when we will actually get the horse and then I noticed on the ad for the event it says not to miss out on our chance to get "a horse deed"...

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%202015/c20%20Choose%20Your%20Steed/RP%20Announcement%20-%20Copy.jpg

figththefire
04-18-15, 11:19 PM
You ll be able to craft One horse in the end( either black one or the beige one) because you only have one Deed.
Additional Deed will cost 999 gems (as an option to craft the second horse )
As far as i was told by my nbr, the horse is a week collection time. Drops are unknown yet..

DrP4ever
04-18-15, 11:24 PM
I'm a high level player, playing since the game was young and highly doubt I will make it to the end since I'm still stuck on crops. I can't get the Feed, have the rest done. Disappointed.

shambalaya
04-18-15, 11:36 PM
Did you read the second post with all the goal info from Team Lava??? I'm certainly not the confused one here....

Moderators are putting up the info, not TL. Sometimes they edit posts originally made by TL staff, adding info as it is made available by forum members. All that info wasn't there from the beginning.

anissada
04-19-15, 12:11 AM

i do NOT like this update at all.. again it's also not for everyone who plays..
for those that do get it... first we do nothing than collecting an absurd amount of crops, leaving no energy at all to tend our kingdom.
and after that we are forced to collect EIGHTHUNDRED times and wait at least FIVE days to get all requests from our neighbours.. no fun at all not having any energy for anything else.. game****er first class

i understand why it's build this way... so they won't have to release another update for three weeks....

SpiritWind00
04-19-15, 12:18 AM
Just to clarify post 1 vs post 2.... Both posts are created by TL (usually Pika). The first post has the goal and the information they choose to release. The second post is created for me to use (initially empty) and everything in it is information posted by players (and me if I am ever ahead of the game!) I add in tips and tricks and links and pictures. This is why you don't have to read through every post because I do. I just make it easy to use and pretty!

Ps, glimmer troves definitely count! I did a slow collect. Any type of crafting building does not count. I only went by the flashing progress button on screen. Skunkhouse worked too.

SpiritWind00
04-19-15, 12:23 AM
You ll be able to craft One horse in the end( either black one or the beige one) because you only have one Deed.
Additional Deed will cost 999 gems (as an option to craft the second horse )
As far as i was told by my nbr, the horse is a week collection time. Drops are unknown yet..

Added to post 2! Great post... Thank you and thank your neighbour as well for speeding through to provide us this info. :)

macdonald
04-19-15, 12:52 AM
Thinking about skipping ahead, lol.
Perhaps a few more paws first, getting Fangbeast to appear isn't easy.
Trolls don't give a paw or add to fight total, from my encounter.
Not sure about skunkupines yet...

ShibuyaCloth
04-19-15, 01:18 AM
Just to clarify post 1 vs post 2.... Both posts are created by TL (usually Pika). The first post has the goal and the information they choose to release. The second post is created for me to use (initially empty) and everything in it is information posted by players (and me if I am ever ahead of the game!) I add in tips and tricks and links and pictures. This is why you don't have to read through every post because I do. I just make it easy to use and pretty!

Ps, glimmer troves definitely count! I did a slow collect. Any type of crafting building does not count. I only went by the flashing progress button on screen. Skunkhouse worked too.

My experience is, every building that drops an XP star counts. Crafting buildings don't drop XP, thus do not count.

LadyKatja
04-19-15, 02:22 AM
Does anybody knows if the amount of money counts you collect from buildings or the times you can collect from buildings?
I have the feeling it is the last option, therefore I just put building with a long collecting time back in my inventory and replaced them with building which have a short collecting time. Hopefully this works.

Since farmhouses are ready to collect after 10 min, maybe this is the best option to get to the goal asap?
I'm trying it now.

SpiritWind00
04-19-15, 02:45 AM
Does anybody knows if the amount of money counts you collect from buildings or the times you can collect from buildings?
I have the feeling it is the last option, therefore I just put building with a long collecting time back in my inventory and replaced them with building which have a short collecting time. Hopefully this works.

Since farmhouses are ready to collect after 10 min, maybe this is the best option to get to the goal asap?
I'm trying it now.

Number of times... Yes farmhouses are a good quick build idea. Good luck!

LadyKatja
04-19-15, 02:52 AM
Number of times... Yes farmhouses are a good quick build idea. Good luck!

Allright, thanks! Let's build farmhouses :cool:

dragon2046
04-19-15, 03:49 AM

Well correct me if I'm wrong all u math wizards (cuz I'm definitely not) lol but if u are on the beast and u are going to skip if u have the energy u are better off to buy skunkupine traps right? Cuz the way I have it figured the paw is 3 gems each and the fighting the beast part is 5 gems each which makes 8 gems but the traps are just 5. Am I missing something ? And another question how many people are buying the additional horse for 999? Just curious. I would love to have 2 but not too sure on this one. Enjoy everyone. :)

Seriously700
04-19-15, 04:08 AM

Yes the little skunk house counts! And my cauldron counted too

Seriously700
04-19-15, 04:11 AM

That's odd that the trolls didn't count. Another glitch, perhaps?

I too was curious about the lovecupines. I think I've only seen one event where they counted as a monster. Fingers crossed that the programmers remembered to include them this time.

Seriously700
04-19-15, 04:24 AM
I finished my first seal yesterday mid morning. I had already placed most of my buildings from storage, including 8 greenhouses, 10 cottages and 2 farmhouses. I collected from everything.

I wasnt able to check in again for more than 3 hours, then not again for about 4 hours, but later could check in freely. Overall I was finding myself with extra energy, and took advantage of the opportunity to collect from some non-goal items. I didn't feel like I had to use every energy on the goal.

I ended the day with 25% of my collections completed, well ahead of my plan for 20% to line up with the 5 days of neighbor requests.

55lee55
04-19-15, 04:32 AM

I am gad that they count for you, but they definitely don't count for me. i have done several slow collects and not once did the progress sign blink nor did I get credit for them. I am not wasting any more of my rare energy on collecting from anything that doesn't pay off since I need 800 collections from buildings that do pay off. I still think it is a nasty thing to pull on us to not make it very clear from the start exactly wich buildings count for this quest. It is just more of the usual greedieness and trickery to try to force us to spend money.

I object, not so much for myself as I come here and find out the information from other players, but most of my neighbors don't visit the forums and Team Lava has pulled another fast one by not clarifying for everyone from the start.

I suspect that as most of the fine print for this quest is not easily accessable to players who don't visit forums there could be widespread civil unrest in our kingdoms when rulers discover that they don't get their steed at the end of this onerous and resource gobbling quest. It took days to clarify here that this is only the first part of a three part quest for the steed. It is still not clear to the majority of players. I think that Team Lava's lack of attention to what is going on with players of their game will come to bite them with this
sneaky greediness. Everyone has a breaking point and it seems from comments I am seeing on my wall that many are rapidly approaching that point after months of getting nothing of value for their money and effort. Just sayin'.

55lee55
04-19-15, 04:47 AM

I did a slow collect multiple times and not once did I get a flashing "Progress" sign when I collected from troves, nor did they count toward my total. I am not stupid enough to collect from 7 just once before posting here about it. I am an experienced player so give me a break, huh?

I realize that others might be getting credit for troves, but I am not. I finally quit collecting from them after wasting over 100 energy on testing them because it was stated here that they counted. Nevertheless, they are not counting for me so I am sticking to farmhouses so I can get done with this part.

Thanks for the info on the Arena. I am elderly and I admit my memory for long past events in this game might not be what it should be. That is why I asked. Appreciate an answer :)

inesat
04-19-15, 05:02 AM
Weighing in on the trove debate: my understanding is that mine counted towards goal completion. I have the "progress" sign flashing next to my goal book. I can also give hearts to my neighbours' troves and I take this as another sign.

ladyperidot
04-19-15, 05:06 AM
That's odd that the trolls didn't count. Another glitch, perhaps?

I too was curious about the lovecupines. I think I've only seen one event where they counted as a monster. Fingers crossed that the programmers remembered to include them this time.

Does anyone know if glimmer golems count? I've got "George" stashed in a corner and it'd be great if he counts.

SpiritWind00
04-19-15, 05:16 AM
You might have to get rid of him when the time comes in order to spawn another beastie! RIP George! Let us know if he did count though... :)

tarajensen1988
04-19-15, 05:39 AM
tarajensen1988 - 03-15-2015 01:14 PM Edit
Question for castle story players if any one can help help me. Can any one tell me when we are going to be changing from level 50? I also have expanded as far as I can but I want to know when the next time I can because I have 8749 royal points.

parlski
04-19-15, 05:46 AM
one nice thing I've noticed... I can now tell my active neighbours as their social status is going up from the neighbourly visits.
aside from the greenhouse and love shack, are the any buildings that don't give points toward collecting?

katbtodd
04-19-15, 05:57 AM
tarajensen1988 - 03-15-2015 01:14 PM Edit
Question for castle story players if any one can help help me. Can any one tell me when we are going to be changing from level 50? I also have expanded as far as I can but I want to know when the next time I can because I have 8749 royal points.
You have to go into the hub
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79367-Nugget-7-Levels-amp-Experience

anurulz
04-19-15, 06:09 AM
I am painfully lagging in the event..still at 85% of the horse feed...its becoming a pain in the backside for me...and the second and third parts seem to be quite time-consuming..esp the monsters...i was hoping by the time i reach levels 32-33, timed events get a little easier, but now am beginning to doubt it..

katbtodd
04-19-15, 06:37 AM
I know I'm off topic here,, but these quests when they need a neighbors help, they come out of the wood work and take your ID and they add you they don't stop by they don't even leave a message , How rude! Guess you didn't want me to add you bad enough.
On topic love setting here and sending out all the request as fast as I can ,I wanted to leave a message on my wall last night saying I was going to go to bed. Didn't want people to worry I didn't send back, I was lucky had very few waiting since I got up around the time the TL clock turn over good luck every body

queentina3
04-19-15, 06:59 AM
I am painfully lagging in the event..still at 85% of the horse feed...its becoming a pain in the backside for me...and the second and third parts seem to be quite time-consuming..esp the monsters...i was hoping by the time i reach levels 32-33, timed events get a little easier, but now am beginning to doubt it..

I feel your pain as my 2tina account is still only about 85% with corn and 92% with feed, and that is level 34. I got very lucky that 2 of the 4 alicorn's I have on that account were ripe for harvesting this morning, so not only did I get the 80 extra energy from them, but my wizard school was ready with another 10, plus the normal 40. That jumped me from a little over 50% corn to the 85%. I may just be able to actually finish harvesting this afternoon and move onto step 2 on that account after all.

Queentina3 account is lagging behind in collecting from my own buildings, even with 12 farmhouses and longer term ones stored. That one is going to take forever.......My 2 alicorn's on that account have at least 4 or 5 days before I can collect from them, so they're useless right now. My w-ali and pink-ali have only been giving me 4 energy.....*sighs*

Chaotarch
04-19-15, 07:04 AM
With battling 50 monsters...any idea if the pink skunks will count?

lovecupines and the troll sparring pit didnt count!

posted before that at jousting arena, during the moster mash, spawn various monsters.
- i fight against 3 yellow skunkupine, 2 green fangbeast, 1 normal skunkupine, 2 normal fangbeasts, 1 dire boar - stop atm for collecting lucky monster pawns:rolleyes:

queentina3
04-19-15, 07:07 AM
lovecupines and the troll sparring pit didnt count!

posted before that at jousting arena, during the moster mash, spawn various monsters.
- i fight against 3 yellow skunkupine, 2 green fangbeast, 1 normal skunkupine, 2 normal fangbeasts, 1 dire boar - stop atm for collecting lucky monster pawns:rolleyes:

I just know people are going to hate me for this, but.........

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm glad the Troll Sparring Pit doesn't count, as those of us that haven't reached it yet would be at a HUGE disadvantage when it came to that part of the goal. At least now all players are on an equal footing when it comes to fighting the beasties! :p

*runs before she gets pummeled by the masses*

dragon2046
04-19-15, 07:10 AM
Info previously posted is correct. U can get 2 but have to pay 999 in gems to get the extra horse It takes 5 days to pet into an adult or skip at 88 gems per day. U do need I think it was 5 carrots to feed them and a couple of sugars. After the adult thing it is a weeks wait. I have not gemmed through that part cuz it costs like 700 gems and I am assuming it is just like an alicorn. Again that is just a guess I'm not for sure. Maybe someone else will gem through that part and post if it is the 40 energy like an Ali. Enjoy the quest :) Thanks TL the horses are awesome and yes I just contributed to the financial stability of your company. Lol. :)

eam13
04-19-15, 07:13 AM
I'm befuddled. If I collect from my workshops, kitchens, etc., does that count toward my second goal or not? It seems like so,eyimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Weird...

Chaotarch
04-19-15, 07:17 AM
I'm befuddled. If I collect from my workshops, kitchens, etc., does that count toward my second goal or not? It seems like so,eyimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Weird...

no, they didnt count.
only buildings that "can be hearted" if you visit your nbours:eek:

queentina3
04-19-15, 07:18 AM

It doesn't count. Only the items that you can "heart" in another kingdom count towards your tending of your own buildings. Any crafting building (greenhouses, kitchens, forges, workshops, potion shops) don't count.

Chaotarch
04-19-15, 07:19 AM
It doesn't count. Only the items that you can "heart" in another kingdom count towards your tending of your own buildings. Any crafting building (greenhouses, kitchens, forges, workshops, potion shops) don't count.

lol, 1min faster:cool:

inesat
Thank you for the info, dragon2046! This horse might actually contribute to the gameplay.
Completing my goals just became way more fun now that I have fewer reasons to suspect it's another case of the meadows.

sophiensissi

Even if you have too much corn, keep planting it. It's 3 minutes and will give you the feed you need in no time. :)

Seriously700
04-19-15, 07:24 AM
Info previously posted is correct. U can get 2 but have to pay 999 in gems to get the extra horse It takes 5 days to pet into an adult or skip at 88 gems per day. U do need I think it was 5 carrots to feed them and a couple of sugars. After the adult thing it is a weeks wait. I have not gemmed through that part cuz it costs like 700 gems and I am assuming it is just like an alicorn. Again that is just a guess I'm not for sure. Maybe someone else will gem through that part and post if it is the 40 energy like an Ali. Enjoy the quest :) Thanks TL the horses are awesome and yes I just contributed to the financial stability of your company. Lol. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Do you know if it's a one-time chance to purchase a 2nd horse?

I would hope that if it's being priced so much higher than an alicorn, that it would have a much better drop. I still like the expansion permit idea ��

queentina3
04-19-15, 07:36 AM
lol, 1min faster:cool:

The trigger finger approach. Remind me to never meet you in a cowboy draw situation. I'd lose every time. LOL!!!

kittensabc
04-19-15, 07:37 AM
Maybe it will be an *improved* alicorn that gives energy above the cap! I have had horrible luck with collecting wings so it would be nice to have another energy source.

dragon2046
04-19-15, 07:44 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Do you know if it's a one-time chance to purchase a 2nd horse?

I would hope that if it's being priced so much higher than an alicorn, that it would have a much better drop. I still like the expansion permit idea ��

One horse appears in the workshop and one in the forge. The one not selected shows deed for 999 gems. How long it stays in there I don't know. Maybe until the timed quest is over or maybe forever I'm not really sure on that I don't remember seeing any kind of time on it but I know the quest is timed so to be safe if u want 2 I would assume it goes away when quest timer runs out.
Yes I would love for them to drop expansion permits also but I would guess it's like an alicorn but again just IMO of course. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-19-15, 07:46 AM
What was needed to craft the horse?... Just the deed?
Puffy previously posted the back of the card for one of the seals, showing a limit of 2 (instead of 1).
Since the deed is the reward for the collection of the 3 seals, then that means there isn't a way to craft the deed from the 3 seals, correct? (Hence, why a 2-limit on ea seal?? Lol)

dragon2046
04-19-15, 07:52 AM
What was needed to craft the horse?... Just the deed?
Puffy previously posted the back of the card for one of the seals, showing a limit of 2 (instead of 1).
Since the deed is the reward for the collection of the 3 seals, then that means there isn't a way to craft the deed from the 3 seals, correct? (Hence, why a 2-limit on ea deed??? Lol)

Just the deed and no u can't craft anymore seals it is strictly a gem purchase of the deed for 999 gems. Bummer huh? No glitches there that I could find. Lol. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-19-15, 07:55 AM
Just the deed and no u can't craft anymore seals it is strictly a gem purchase of the deed for 999 gems. Bummer huh? No glitches there that I could find. Lol. :)
Lol, ok ... Yeah, I was searching for a cheaper-than-999-gems way to get that second deed. LOL

CharmOfLea
04-19-15, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the info! Feeding them with carrots and sugar sounds too cute. :) Please let us know in a week's time what the ponies drop.

How are they animated? I'm assuming they are.

dragon2046
04-19-15, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the info! Feeding them with carrots and sugar sounds too cute. :) Please let us know in a week's time what the ponies drop.

How are they animated? I'm assuming they are.

They stop their one foot it's cute u can add me and come visit. My ID is posted here dragon2046 my kingdom name is Tybug. If u don't need new neighbors u can just delete me. I won't be too crushed. Lol

CharmOfLea
04-19-15, 08:11 AM
They stop their one foot it's cute u can add me and come visit. My ID is posted here dragon2046 my kingdom name is Tybug. If u don't need new neighbors u can just delete me. I won't be too crushed. Lol

On my way. :) Thanks!

badbunny42
04-19-15, 08:13 AM
Just want to give a shout out to my awesome neighbors (there are only 96 of you). I sent out requests yesterday and this a.m. When I checked I had 39 per cent!! So I won't even need to send requests today. Appreciate you all!

Seriously700
04-19-15, 08:13 AM
Lol, ok ... Yeah, I was searching for a cheaper-than-999-gems way to get that second deed. LOL

NW, are you sure you'd want to spend 999 gems on a second horse? Think of all the other gem items you could buy instead for 999 gems. For example, there was that recent option to to pay 1000 gems to get 10 energy from the expired market trade. If you buy the second horse in haste, you might miss out on similar opportunities. ;-)

inesat
04-19-15, 08:27 AM
Stopped by dragon2046's to see the horses. HOW will I ever choose when the time comes? They're both adorable!

I would also like to thank my awesome neighbours again (I made sure I left msgs on everyone's wall) for helping out with the recommendation letters.

Turns out, for a player of my level with no additional energy sources except for a pink alicorn, the real challenge will be collecting from the buildings. I'm not even on track to have those finished by the time all the recommendation letters come in.

macdonald
04-19-15, 08:43 AM
Update: Dire Boars, Fang Beasts, drop claws.
Not sure on regular Skunks yet.

anurulz
04-19-15, 09:02 AM
Even if you have too much corn, keep planting it. It's 3 minutes and will give you the feed you need in no time. :)
Energy is the issue...replenishing at least 10-20 energy to harvest any crop takes at least an hour or so...still going on..92% done.. ~30 feeds to go...

valmommy
04-19-15, 09:06 AM
SpiritWind00

I just collected from my Spirals and Watch Towers. They DO NOT count as buildings for your "Care for Your Kingdom" under Step 2 - "Earn the Seal of Chivalry". :( I just started this and only collected from seven buildings with 5 of them being these. :'(

meme1098
04-19-15, 09:07 AM
I know I'm off topic here,, but these quests when they need a neighbors help, they come out of the wood work and take your ID and they add you they don't stop by they don't even leave a message , How rude! Guess you didn't want me to add you bad enough.
On topic love setting here and sending out all the request as fast as I can ,I wanted to leave a message on my wall last night saying I was going to go to bed. Didn't want people to worry I didn't send back, I was lucky had very few waiting since I got up around the time the TL clock turn over good luck every body

Haha...my sentiments exactly, kat. I have at least 5-10 nbr requests each hour or so. None both to even stop by. They can once an invite is sent but I'm not able to unless I accept but you don't bother neither do I.

Thanks to all my great nbrs I'm up to 41 letters. You guys rock!!!

So we have to craft a horse? How is that done? What crafting building?

kittensabc
04-19-15, 09:20 AM
Haha...my sentiments exactly, kat. I have at least 5-10 nbr requests each hour or so. None both to even stop by. They can once an invite is sent but I'm not able to unless I accept but you don't bother neither do I.

So we have to craft a horse? How is that done? What crafting building?One of the horses can be crafted in the workshop, the other one is crafted in the magic forge,

katbtodd
04-19-15, 09:28 AM

Can't wait to get my little pony,,I bet he's so cute .some body should post a picture of the baby

katbtodd
04-19-15, 09:33 AM
NW, are you sure you'd want to spend 999 gems on a second horse? Think of all the other gem items you could buy instead for 999 gems. For example, there was that recent option to to pay 1000 gems to get 10 energy from the expired market trade. If you buy the second horse in haste, you might miss out on similar opportunities. ;-)

Sorry ,just had to laugh at this one

katbtodd
04-19-15, 09:34 AM

Taking,a bow! Thank you thank you !!!!

mehershey
04-19-15, 09:54 AM
You're very welcome :) I send the requests out ever day to every neighbor. If you happen to be up , new requests can be sent out after 2 am our time, every day.

FYI - I did wake up to 39% letters and now I'm up to 44%, where I assume I'll stay until tomorrow. Looks like I'll finish sometime early Wednesday morning, which will give me 12 days to complete the third badge (currently at 77% for my buildings).

mehershey
04-19-15, 09:59 AM
I'm a mid - level player (36) and do not have a lot of the higher level buildings (still at the start of the Glimmergate quest so don't have anything that comes afteward, although I do have the troll castle and fairy respite. I started with almost all my carrots but less than 20% for corn and strawberries and was able to finish them in a little over two days. I built a bunch of farmhouses and in 36 hours I've managed to get to 77% visiting my own buildings. It definitely can be done by those of us lower than level 50 (I have a job and family too so I'm not just sitting around clicking on my game all day or setting alarms to go off every two hours.) I probably check 4 -6 times per 24 hour period, although when I was trying to finish my corn I did check a little more often. I also happened to level up in the middle of farming, which helped a lot. But don't give up - we will all be riding horses in a couple of weeks!

mehershey
04-19-15, 10:01 AM
I am gad that they count for you, but they definitely don't count for me. i have done several slow collects and not once did the progress sign blink nor did I get credit for them. I am not wasting any more of my rare energy on collecting from anything that doesn't pay off since I need 800 collections from buildings that do pay off. I still think it is a nasty thing to pull on us to not make it very clear from the start exactly wich buildings count for this quest. It is just more of the usual greedieness and trickery to try to force us to spend money.

I object, not so much for myself as I come here and find out the information from other players, but most of my neighbors don't visit the forums and Team Lava has pulled another fast one by not clarifying for everyone from the start.

I suspect that as most of the fine print for this quest is not easily accessable to players who don't visit forums there could be widespread civil unrest in our kingdoms when rulers discover that they don't get their steed at the end of this onerous and resource gobbling quest. It took days to clarify here that this is only the first part of a three part quest for the steed. It is still not clear to the majority of players. I think that Team Lava's lack of attention to what is going on with players of their game will come to bite them with this
sneaky greediness. Everyone has a breaking point and it seems from comments I am seeing on my wall that many are rapidly approaching that point after months of getting nothing of value for their money and effort. Just sayin'.

Did you buy your troves with gems or did you get them from quests? My two troves (both purchases), do count toward my total, but I wonder if troves that were won do not.

monkeystephan
04-19-15, 10:03 AM
Just noticed a little bug. Collected from kitchen and wasn't added on the second tier.

figththefire
04-19-15, 10:07 AM
PIKA or SW , can you check if the troll ****ing count triggered from the Troll Pit. If no, is this a bug??

queentina3
04-19-15, 10:08 AM
Just noticed a little bug. Collected from kitchen and wasn't added on the second tier.

It isn't a bug. Crafting Buildings DO NOT count. That includes potion shop, workshop, forge, tinker camp, kitchen, faerie workshop......

myzterious32
04-19-15, 10:09 AM
Can someone send me a private message on how I can get another kingdom? Would love to have a 2nd one. I started in December and lvl 30something. and yes I've contributed hundreds to team lava. And lost over 2000 gems by accidently speeding up alicorns! We need gem confirmation! ! Thank you kindly. Love Light n Blessings 🌹

mreames
04-19-15, 10:14 AM
Did you buy your troves with gems or did you get them from quests? My two troves (both purchases), do count toward my total, but I wonder if troves that were won do not.

In my case, troves from adventures work, also.

mreames
04-19-15, 10:18 AM
FYI - I did wake up to 39% letters and now I'm up to 44%, where I assume I'll stay until tomorrow. Looks like I'll finish sometime early Wednesday morning, which will give me 12 days to complete the third badge (currently at 77% for my buildings).

Wonderful! :) I'm sitting at 82% letters on this account but still collecting horse feed on my 2nd account but only started it yesterday afternoon. I'd still send out another round of requests so that all of the people that already responded get another chance to help. :)

monkeystephan
04-19-15, 10:21 AM
A little quote from firest page:

Notes:
* If you need more active neighbours, please post your ID in the ADD ME forum - not here though please! (April link added)
* all buildings count towards tending buildings count

I can be wrong but the kitchen looks like a building to me ;)

mreames
04-19-15, 10:21 AM

Count me as another wanting to see the horses. Lol sound familiar? ;)

mreames
04-19-15, 10:23 AM
A later edit added.... Anything that hearts can be collected from.

A little quote from firest page:

Notes:
* If you need more active neighbours, please post your ID in the ADD ME forum - not here though please! (April link added)
* all buildings count towards tending buildings count

I can be wrong but the kitchen looks like a building to me ;)

gunnysmum
04-19-15, 10:26 AM
I hope that I am not repeating anyone. I found that in the button to buy things....any thing counts under"buildings". This has included that pumpkin and glimmer troves. Good luck. I am only at 13%. I have built 6 level one farmhouses because I can collect every 15 min. Will put them in storage when this goal is done.

myzterious32
04-19-15, 10:35 AM
My troves sawmills, hatchery and stables just counted. Just collected as just finished feed

queentina3
04-19-15, 10:36 AM
SpiritWind00

I just collected from my Spirals and Watch Towers. They DO NOT count as buildings for your "Care for Your Kingdom" under Step 2 - "Earn the Seal of Chivalry". :( I just started this and only collected from seven buildings with 5 of them being these. :'(

I'm sorry they're not for you, but they DO COUNT for me. So, it looks like for some people some things aren't registering but for others they are. My glimmer troves also count, while another player states it isn't counting for them.

sophiensissi
04-19-15, 10:38 AM
One of the horses can be crafted in the workshop, the other one is crafted in the magic forge,

I wonder if that means they give off different items? Which one is workshop?

mreames
04-19-15, 10:47 AM

I could easily be wrong but I suspect it's just because one is part of a quest and the other is a purchase. The quest allows you to choose between the two so I imagine those will all be crafted the same way. But I'm not speaking from experience. :)

dragon2046
04-19-15, 10:48 AM

Workshop was the brown horse the black horse was the forge for me. :)

CharmOfLea
04-19-15, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry they're not for you, but they DO COUNT for me. So, it looks like for some people some things aren't registering but for others they are. My glimmer troves also count, while another player states it isn't counting for them.

Just collected from my 2 watch towers. This time the pulsing progress indicator next to the quest book flashed with a delay of at least 2 seconds. For a moment I thought they were not registering. But since I'm s l o w l y collecting now... <-- that's really hard for me thou, LOL

CharmOfLea
04-19-15, 10:52 AM
Workshop was the brown horse the black horse was the forge for me. :)

Mean question for you: which one did u craft with the deed from the goal? ;)

dragon2046
04-19-15, 10:53 AM
Mean question for you: which one did u craft with the deed from the goal? ;)

The brown one in the workshop. The black one in the forge was the 999 gem one. :)

CharmOfLea
04-19-15, 11:01 AM
the brown one in the workshop. The black one in the forge was the 999 gem one. :)
:d:d:d

queentina3
04-19-15, 11:10 AM
Just collected from my 2 watch towers. This time the pulsing progress indicator next to the quest book flashed with a delay of at least 2 seconds. For a moment I thought they were not registering. But since I'm s l o w l y collecting now... <-- that's really hard for me thou, LOL

It is hard for me, too. I just checked on 2tina, as I've finally finished harvesting and moved on to step 2, and the Love Spires also count, and they're on a 2 hour turn-around, unlike the Watchtowers and regular Spires, which are 4 hour turn-around times. If you've got any, pull them out of storage. :)

sophiensissi
04-19-15, 11:32 AM
The brown one in the workshop. The black one in the forge was the 999 gem one. :)

So it seems like regardless of which on you choose, it will craft in the workshop. Then, if you buy the second one for 999 gems, it will be made in the magic forage? That's just what I've surmised thus far. I'm still trying to get letters from neighbors. Still have 42% to go...

This is certainly not an easy set of challenges. I hope the reward is worth it! :)

Solstice14
04-19-15, 11:35 AM
So, I must complete the Corny goal 1st? I do not have a resume builder goal in my menu.
Thanks

dragon2046
04-19-15, 11:36 AM
So it seems like regardless of which on you choose, it will craft in the workshop. Then, if you buy the second one for 999 gems, it will be made in the magic forage? That's just what I've surmised thus far. I'm still trying to get letters from neighbors. Still have 42% to go...

This is certainly not an easy set of challenges. I hope the reward is worth it! :)
Actually I'm pretty sure that they are just set up so that the brown one is in the workshop and black in the forge no matter which one u choose. At least that is how mine was. :)

meme1098
04-19-15, 12:04 PM
So, I must complete the Corny goal 1st? I do not have a resume builder goal in my menu.
Thanks

Check the 2nd post of this thread. Steps are there & updated by mods as they become known.

****Some posters are saying farmhouses regen in 15 min.

****Nope --- farmhouses regenerate every 10 minutes!!

Watchtowers & Spires are registering for me, as well as the glimmerdust troves. It's very hard for me to not do the 'quick' collection method but just tapping 2-3 buildings at a time and then watching for the progress flag by the goal book each time, I make sure all are registering.

Mylania
04-19-15, 12:09 PM

I have 5 troves, none bought with gems, all count toward my building total.