PDA

View Full Version : Event: Tropical Cruise Catering

Pages : [1] 2 3

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 11:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NICxLWc.png
Ahoy there! The S.S. Cruisy has docked at the Southern Port and its passengers are all craving some local eats. Help out the Cruise Director and provide your catering services to all his passengers. We're happy to introduce our first Catering Event, where you will have the opportunity to earn Cruise Coins for your efforts and unlock special rewards!

http://i.imgur.com/t5UYXIw.png?1
The Ship will only be docked for the next 10 days. Each day, the Director will give you his menu and it is your task to fulfill the orders and keep his passengers happy. Each menu item or ingredient you provide to the passengers will earn you a certain number of Cruise Coins.

http://i.imgur.com/zGDDCGI.png http://i.imgur.com/sNSiUey.png?1http://i.imgur.com/zGDDCGI.png
Earn enough Cruise Coins and you will earn a special reward for each day. Running low on an ingredient? You can trash a menu item and replace it with something else. However, you will need to wait to hear back from the Director to find out the new menu item. Need a little help earning enough Cruise Coins to unlock your rewards? Hire a helper, who will give you Cruise Coins every 4 hours!

http://i.imgur.com/IYJj21n.png http://i.imgur.com/GOA8PG8.png
Complete all 10 days and persuade Luana to stick around for a bit longer. She will come visit your Restaurant at least once a day and leave you with some very valuable tips! Have any questions or feedback? Share it here!

Frequently Asked Questions:

What level do I need to be to access the event?
You will need to be at least level 15.

Do I really need to cook a dish 500 times?
The number for each menu item is the amount of servings you need to provide. The amount of servings varies for each recipe.

I started the event after my friend. Will she get more days to complete the event than me?
No, everyone will get 10 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you did not start the event by Monday, it was automatically started for you.

queentina3
04-16-15, 11:05 AM
Elsa;1100291']To address this, this change wasn't arbitrary. The change was an emergency resolution for players who had an issue collecting Luana which caused their game to freeze and crash. We apologize for any inconvenience and understand your frustration, but we hope that people are able to understand that this was made to help players with a serious problem in the game.

We'll be evaluating this today for a better solution and to make sure players who completed but didn't get Luana receive their reward.

Thank you everyone for understanding!

One question that I can think of, do you have to be a certain level, like with the Valentine's event? There are still appliances I have yet to unlock and recipes I can't cook as I'm not a high enough level to unlock them, or their ingredients, so is that going to hinder players or are the Cruise Ship items geared towards each players current level of play?

Hey there! You will need to be a minimum level of 15. :) As for the requests given from the Cruise Master, they are geared towards each player's current level of play. Hope that helps!

Hey there again! If it requests 300 lox bagels, it means 300 servings of lox bagels. Since 1 Order of Lox Bagel is 320 servings, just by completing it, you will complete the request from the Cruise Master. Once the Lox Bagel is done, you can hit deliver and receive your Cruise Coins. Sorry for the confusion.

Additionally, you will have to complete the first request before you are able to go to the second one. However, if you finish the request before the 2nd day starts, you will have to wait or you can pay Gems to start early onto the next day. As for the reorder, they will be 30 minutes every time. It won't increase if you decide to throw any orders.

If you are at the right level where you are able to purchase the ingredients needed, it will show up as a request from the Cruise Master. However, let's say you are level 20 and the Lobster is unlocked at level 25, it will not ask you for Lobster Bisque. Additionally, it shouldn't ask you for recipes where they are locked by Goals if you haven't unlocked it. Hope that helps and good luck on the event!

----If you are close to completing a day and have multiple items that can be given to the cruise ship, they will roll over to the next day. I had Bitterballen, Cheesecake, and give 10 bags of Rice left and when I retrieved the Bitterballen from the appliance, it greyed out Cheesecake and the 5/10 Rice I'd already given. However, when I checked the game this morning, the Cheesecake and Rice were still there, allowing me to complete them and counted towards today's total!

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 11:13 AM
Hey there! You will need to be a minimum level of 15. :) As for the requests given from the Cruise Master, they are geared towards each player's current level of play. Hope that helps!

sashahoney
04-16-15, 11:22 AM
Is one player expected to cook 550 Stuffed Mushroom dishes or is it as a collective? Mushrooms have a extremely long cool down period so is this event yet another scam to sell gems? ��

queentina3
04-16-15, 11:26 AM
It does help, thanks!

One last thing:

My first orders were to fulfill one of the following: 500 antipasto, 300 lox bagel, or 500 quiche (lox and quiche may have been switched). I obviously would have trouble filling even 5 of these in a day, let alone 500 or 300 due to the length of time it takes the ingredients to replenish, so I asked for new meal items.

Turn-around is 30 minutes for new meals.

Now, when the new orders come in, whatever they are, I'll have to try to fill as many as I can before the next day starts and new orders are asked for, correct? Every day we'll have new orders and those we were working on don't carry-over, right? Also, how many times can we ask for a re-order and does the timing go up for wait time with each asking?

I'm asking these questions as it will determine on if I even bother attempting this event as it seems really far-fetched with the recipes being offered (time wise for cooking and ingredient replenishing), that I'll even fulfill a few orders a day to make it worth attempting. I'd rather bow out of an event then end up getting frustrated and annoyed. :)

greenpenguin111
04-16-15, 11:34 AM
Hey! It's collective meaning you'll only need to cook it 2 times for it to collect 500 servings of stuffed mushrooms! I just did it for mine since mine was 50 hamburgers only :)

sashahoney
04-16-15, 11:36 AM
Ok that's good to know. Thanks ����

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 11:40 AM
Hey there again! If it requests 300 lox bagels, it means 300 servings of lox bagels. Since 1 Order of Lox Bagel is 320 servings, just by completing it, you will complete the request from the Cruise Master. Once the Lox Bagel is done, you can hit deliver and receive your Cruise Coins. Sorry for the confusion.

Additionally, you will have to complete the first request before you are able to go to the second one. However, if you finish the request before the 2nd day starts, you will have to wait or you can pay Gems to start early onto the next day. As for the reorder, they will be 30 minutes every time. It won't increase if you decide to throw any orders.

enaid03
04-16-15, 11:50 AM
I will say at looking just at the game, I have no idea. It isn't really clear. I just tossed an item thinking I had to cook 300 of them.

I don't understand the basics. Still don't. The above questions have been helpful. But more direction is really needed.

dragon2046
04-16-15, 11:54 AM
I've just noticed if u get a item requested that u already have out on your counter tops on the ship under that item it will show a counter top and if u press add it'll take that item from your counter top and add it to your ship order.

Also noticed u can refresh as many times as u want it appears cuz I did it like three times on one item.

Question has anyone bought this caterer for 250 gems if yes what does he do ?

enaid03
04-16-15, 11:55 AM
As for the requests given from the Cruise Master, they are geared towards each player's current level of play. Hope that helps!

It's odd but not unexpected that the orders ask for recipes not yet learned.

queentina3
04-16-15, 12:02 PM
I will say at looking just at the game, I have no idea. It isn't really clear. I just tossed an item thinking I had to cook 300 of them.

I don't understand the basics. Still don't. The above questions have been helpful. But more direction is really needed.

My new orders are:
50 Ravioli - serving size 30 so I just need to cook 2 of them to fulfill the order and get 1 cruise coin.
550 Stuffed Mushrooms - serving size is 375 so I just need to cook 2 of them to fulfill the order and get 2 cruise coins.
150 Sfogliatelle - serving size is 90 so I just need to cook 2 of them to fulfill the order and get 1 cruise coin.

The cruise coin shows up under the meal and above the amount you need to cook (the amount is serving size). The more cruise coins the get, the better. When there is an order you know you won't be able to fulfill, say with Lobster and you have none, you can use the rotate button and get a new order. A new order will show up in 30 minutes.

Does that help?

ETA: When you cook a meal that is also in your Cruise, the Ship will show up above your appliance.

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 12:03 PM
I should finish my first batch of orders in a few hours: BitterBallen (which I exchanged for sugar), veggie juice, and carrots.

It was a little harsh that all three of my original orders required carrots, but I'll stalk the street market and hope for good fortune.

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 12:12 PM
It's odd but not unexpected that the orders ask for recipes not yet learned.

If you are at the right level where you are able to purchase the ingredients needed, it will show up as a request from the Cruise Master. However, let's say you are level 20 and the Lobster is unlocked at level 25, it will not ask you for Lobster Bisque. Additionally, it shouldn't ask you for recipes where they are locked by Goals if you haven't unlocked it. Hope that helps and good luck on the event!

dragon2046
04-16-15, 12:15 PM
Just FYI after u complete first days order it requires 10 gems to move to next day or u can just wait. :)

Beecause
04-16-15, 12:20 PM
Confusing - but cute.

So there's two caterers over there in the sand pit for 250 gems each??? Yikes.

Hope they are one of the special items we can earn 'cause them sitting over there with
appliances I can't touch is going to be an issue for me. ;-)

I really like how they have the recipes you need to cook pop up to the top of
the list on the appliances and that they visually changed - nice.

MysticOrchid
04-16-15, 12:22 PM
I am not even going to touch this event. To much work and they literally push gems in your face this time.

If you can, disable it in my game.

I've done my own share of buying gems in Bakery Story and they still treat that game as a piggy bank. No thanks.

queentina3
04-16-15, 12:23 PM
Just FYI after u complete first days order it requires 10 gems to move to next day or u can just wait. :)

Ohhhh, waiting is not in my virtue, I get impatient fast. Thank goodness I only have 2 gems otherwise........

Thanks SparklyOctopus for being here to answer our questions!

Beecause, I like that as well, makes it very easy to know if I have the ingredients needed and want to pursue it without having to go over to the ship all the time. So far I actually like this event. It seems fun and not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be. *crosses fingers it stays that way*

Beecause
04-16-15, 12:30 PM

That's good to know - thanks.

Appreciate the option to swap recipes too - this allows each player to direct their game play to suit their needs.

Figured everyone was getting the exact same set of goals - I just about died when I saw I had to make 250
cucumber sandwiches - thanks to some of you for settling my heart rate back down to normal with
the information that it's servings not orders.

xxangelmariexxx
04-16-15, 12:34 PM
Great...this is going to be exciting to do :) already enjoying trying to complete the requests.

cquinn32
04-16-15, 12:37 PM
Really like the layout of the event so far!!

A couple ?'s
At what time every day will the next step be unlocked?
I'm assuming this cruise ship is going to periodically stop in and if I was to buy a caterer would I have them every time the ship stops in or just for this time?

orleansparish
04-16-15, 12:41 PM
I'm missing everything! Dang it grocery store! This looks...promising.

Beecause
04-16-15, 12:44 PM
The first goals I was stressed & couldn't really enjoy - new game, new goals & none of us knew how they were going to
run. The egg goal I completed, but I didn't care, so wasn't stressed. ;)

Oh dear - I have access to a lot of stuff I just haven't unlocked yet - so that stuff will show up?
Guess I'll be using that swap button.

Oh great - I just completed two orders of steak & eggs and they didn't count towards the goal?? WTH!
But a previous steak & egg did count?? What went wrong there?
I should be done with that one & have a new recipe listed. :(
** Now I know why - it's not steak & eggs, it's "steak" from the meat market! duh!

ps
I just payed attention to the row of the 10 locked items -duh- so none of them are the stoves with
the special caterers.

I just finished cucumber sandwiches & got 450 chicken broccoli casserole - under which it had
buy a counter 260 - I did that as I thought it would just make me put out a stored counter but
all it did was add 260 to the 450 casseroles I need so serve -
-queen provided the technical answer, I would have gone through half the goal before I figured
that one out. :p

I'm kinda afraid to cook anything, serve anything, or collect any ingredients. LOL

007war
04-16-15, 01:10 PM
I switched my first 2 orders because they were both sushi requiriring ginger. I have not seen ginger since the flowers fiasco began. Waiting for the next ones.

queentina3
04-16-15, 01:22 PM
The only downside to this event is that whatever we give to the cruise ship does not also go on our counters, so we lose money by not selling it. That may make me think twice now about which dishes I'll do for the ship and which ones I won't. High profit or yielding recipes may get swapped as I can't afford to not actually sell those dishes to my customers.

travelingcircus
04-16-15, 01:30 PM
I'm trying to understand but don't really. I originally only had 3 slots asking for stuff and I hit the 4th one cause there was no food there and now it's showing salmon sushi and a counter below it. I have counters free in my cafe, so not sure why there is a counter offer there.

Can someo19753ne help me understand what is going on?

Beecause
04-16-15, 01:34 PM
You bought that slot for 300 gems. That's what it is on my game.

If you hit counter button then what ever #(31) is there will be added to the number you need to serve.
31 of 1,050 will be completed.

Cool - counter thing answered

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 01:34 PM
The counter underneath is how many servings of that dish you have currently on a counter, you can use already made dishes to fill orders.

travelingcircus
04-16-15, 01:37 PM
I did not want to buy anything with gems. I am so mad!!! It is not very clear. I still don't know why there is a counter there. They can reset my cruise tour and I can start from scratch.

I want my gems back :(. I was saving them up.

queentina3
04-16-15, 01:38 PM
I did not want to buy anything with gems. I am so mad!!! It is not very clear. I still don't know why there is a counter there. They can reset my cruise tour and I can start from scratch.

The counter is telling you how many you have already cooked that are on the counter in your restaurant. If you click the "add 31" button, it will take those 31 off your counter and place them in the cruise ship to help fulfill the 1050 you need to complete the order.

travelingcircus
04-16-15, 01:42 PM
They were typing the answer at the same time as I was, so did see the counter explanation after I posted.

I am really upset about losing that many gems though. Hopefully someone here learns that lesson and I would appreciate them giving me my gems back. I have no idea how it even happened to be honest with you.

sashahoney
04-16-15, 01:45 PM
This event seems like it might force people to play since there isn't 2 icons for made food just 1 to send the food to the boat. It would have been nice to have the option to send the food to your counter or the boat. Maybe hitting the pass option on the dish may solve that?

Beecause
04-16-15, 01:49 PM
They were typing the answer at the same time as I was, so did see the counter explanation after I posted.

I am really upset about losing that many gems though. Hopefully someone here learns that lesson and I would appreciate them giving me my gems back. I have no idea how it even happened to be honest with you.

That typing while some body else is posting happens to me too. :rolleyes:

A confirmation on purchase button would fix this gem trap.

sashahoney
04-16-15, 01:51 PM

It does say Buy Extra Slot For 300 Gems. But it is frustrating that there isn't a confirmation letting you know that you're spending your gems. A classic trap perfected by a lot of companies :mad:

fatbearsecondary
04-16-15, 02:06 PM
How can we tell how many coins we've accumulated for the day? For instance, my ship for the day looks like:

And I have 2 possible tasks that would complete it, one for 2 coins and one for 3 coins. The question is, do I need to do the 3 coin task, which requires much more valuable ingredients, or can I do the 2 coin task? I can't really tell from the image above whether I'm 7/10 or 8/10 for the day. Is there a reason we have this unlabeled progress bar rather than something that tells our progress more accurately?

fatbearsecondary
04-16-15, 02:08 PM
The only downside to this event is that whatever we give to the cruise ship does not also go on our counters, so we lose money by not selling it. That may make me think twice now about which dishes I'll do for the ship and which ones I won't. High profit or yielding recipes may get swapped as I can't afford to not actually sell those dishes to my customers.

Totally agreed. Are you done for the day? Mind letting me know what happens when you finish? Specifically, will I be able to serve dishes that are currently part of a task, if I finish my 10 for the day without needing them?

Edited to add: on reading this back over, it seems super unclear, so let me see if I can clarify...

Let's say I can do two tasks, either of which will finish my coins for the day, call them Task A and Task B. If I do A, will B still have the cruise ship icon? Or will B now be free, until tomorrow when this whole mess starts again? :P basically, what does your UI look like now that you're done? Thank you!

kuppikahvia
04-16-15, 02:11 PM
the game asks me whether I want to start the event now or later: if I wait, as I am on a trip with only little time to play, do I lose time or will I have 10 full days all the same, from the day I click on "start"?

Thank you

In other words: is there a common timer on this or does every player have their own based on when they started the event on their game?

Beecause
04-16-15, 02:43 PM
I would think/hope we have 10 days no matter what & some people will take fewer days to complete
this goal.

The new deco items are really cute!! Be fun to see some of your places decorated with this stuff.
A bit too expensive for me though. I'm trying to save my gems for the fountain or pond.

I might say screw it and buy the stuff though - kinda hard to resist.

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 02:55 PM
Totally agreed. Are you done for the day? Mind letting me know what happens when you finish? Specifically, will I be able to serve dishes that are currently part of a task, if I finish my 10 for the day without needing them?

Edited to add: on reading this back over, it seems super unclear, so let me see if I can clarify...

Let's say I can do two tasks, either of which will finish my coins for the day, call them Task A and Task B. If I do A, will B still have the cruise ship icon? Or will B now be free, until tomorrow when this whole mess starts again? :P basically, what does your UI look like now that you're done? Thank you!

When you finish for the day, everything greys out. You can't fill anymore orders until the next day unless you pay the gems to move on. The new day refreshes at normal daily refresh time, about 9 hours from this post.

Beecause
04-16-15, 03:09 PM
When you finish for the day, everything greys out. You can't fill anymore orders until the next day unless you pay the gems to move on. The new day refreshes at normal daily refresh time, about 9 hours from this post.

That's 10 gems?

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 03:14 PM
That's 10 gems?

10 gems to move on to next day, yes.

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 03:21 PM
I paid the 10 gems because I had 5 easy to fill orders left from the first day. I just hope it's not like the dragon story event, where paying to start early had no real advantage in the end because you still had to wait for the next daily refresh.

reward for second day is 5k coins.

Beecause
04-16-15, 03:44 PM
Thanks for information. I'll probably spend the 10 precious gems too and hope it's worth it.

Just hope that price doesn't go up each day either.

I was seriously considering using what ever gems I have on the new style deco stuff &
changing the look of my restaurant. Neither of which I have done up to this point.
I barely have enough coins for the sandcastle & wallpaper...

I just did expansion 16, finally bought Chateau Stove & payed for gingersnaps &
creme brulee - went from over 1million coins down to below 30,000.

But the cruise ship stuff is irresistible to me.

dragon2046
04-16-15, 03:54 PM
Thanks for information. I'll probably spend the 10 precious gems too and hope it's worth it.

Just hope that price doesn't go up each day either.

I was seriously considering using what ever gems I have on the new style deco stuff &
changing the look of my restaurant. Neither of which I have done up to this point.
I barely have enough coins for the sandcastle & wallpaper...

I just did expansion 16, finally bought Chateau Stove & payed for gingersnaps &
creme brulee - went from over 1million coins down to below 30,000.

But the cruise ship stuff is irresistible to me.
It does go up the next day it was 15 gems to get too. So I'm guessing maybe 5 extra gems per day to not have to wait the timer out. :)

Beecause
04-16-15, 04:51 PM
Yikes & yikes you are on two. ;)

I decided to use my gems on redecorating. Looks like it's possible to complete each days tasks so
there is no worries for me there.

I'm thinking I'd rather have something substantial ("an item") for the limited gems I have so
I decided to wait it out. 8-9 hours means no goal activity until tomorrow when I get up &
first open my game. :(

sashahoney
04-16-15, 05:29 PM
My game has suddenly started to crash every time I click on the cruise event area. Before today my game NEVER crashed! Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've already uninstalled/reinstalled and restarted my iPhone and it's still happening :(
OK now I'm REALLY mad! I logged out and when I logged back in my game has totally reset to level 1 I didn't panic because I assumed if I connected to my FB all my data would be there but oh no I'm still at level 1! What's up with this game tonight?

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 05:53 PM
My game has suddenly started to crash every time I click on the cruise event area. Before today my game NEVER crashed! Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've already uninstalled/reinstalled and restarted my iPhone and it's still happening :(
OK now I'm REALLY mad! I logged out and when I logged back in my game has totally reset to level 1 I didn't panic because I assumed if I connected to my FB all my data would be there but oh no I'm still at level 1! What's up with this game tonight?

Hey there! Sorry to scare you. We're currently looking into this. Please force close and you should have your account back. :)

sashahoney
04-16-15, 06:05 PM
Hey there! Sorry to scare you. We're currently looking into this. Please force close and you should have your account back. :)

Thanks. I have no idea why this has happened because I have uninstalled/reinstalled my games various times and this has never happened. The thing that is most confusing is that I had logged in after the unistall and everything was fine so I logged off was about to go to bed when I had to check on something and everything has reset! I will try and log in again and see if it's fixed.

Nope still at level 1. I have no way to log in from the game because it's asking me to create a storm ID and when I try the one I have it's saying that ID is taken. If the game allowed me to log in using my details I'd not have this issue. I connected my FB and I was still level 1

stompsy
04-16-15, 06:11 PM
I have a question: if you do not complete your recipes for one day, do you lose that day? Or do the next day's recipes "queue up" so that of you don't finish day 1 until day 2, when you finish them on day 2 the day 2 recipes automatically pop up?

sashahoney
04-16-15, 06:19 PM
Sweet Jeppers and the dancing lambs of Kalkuta! I had to do some crazy transfer process and everything has returned to normal! If I had of lost all my game progress my iPhone would be smashed to smithereens!

My game is still crashing when I click on the cruise area ><

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 06:21 PM
Sweet Jeppers and the dancing lambs of Kalkuta! I had to do some crazy transfer process and everything has returned to normal! If I had of lost all my game progress my iPhone would be smashed to smithereens!

Glad to hear you got back into it! We're looking into the crash right now. :)

sashahoney
04-16-15, 06:37 PM
Thanks. I've gone to neighbours restaurants and clicked on their cruise area with no crashes it only happens why I click on my own. Thank goodness I've already completed todays goals but if this crashing business isn't sorted by tomorrow I'll be forced out of the event which would be extremely unfair. I have faith in you guys to fix this! :D

SparklyOctopus
04-16-15, 07:03 PM
Hey there! Could you force close the game and log back in and see if you can tap on the Cruise event?

sashahoney
04-16-15, 07:13 PM
Hey there! Could you force close the game and log back in and see if you can tap on the Cruise event?

Thank you sooooo much! * Hugs and Smooches * it seems to be fixed now, so yay! :D Thanks again for your speedy fix x

deucedeuce22
04-16-15, 07:37 PM
I just finished day two, and it was as feared-- paying gems to speed things up has no real benefit in the end. I now need to wait 1 day 5ish hours for day three to unlock.

tokyostyle
04-16-15, 07:44 PM
The cruise master is asking for fruits but I am stuck as Cid is not dropping hammers for me to expand. Please make Cid drop more hammers!!!

mrorangecat
04-16-15, 08:09 PM
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does this timer reset universally (for everyone) each day at midnight PDT?

441sogo
04-16-15, 08:21 PM
I have a question: if you do not complete your recipes for one day, do you lose that day? Or do the next day's recipes "queue up" so that of you don't finish day 1 until day 2, when you finish them on day 2 the day 2 recipes automatically pop up?

I am wondering this same thing! If I completed the tasks for day 1, and the partially completed tasks contain 2 beef & 500 prepared salmon dishes, are those items lost at reset?? Or, are they carried over or given back to us (in pantry or on counters)???

Thanks to anyone who can share their knowledge!! ;)

rosewaterlily
04-16-15, 08:36 PM
The cruise master is asking for fruits but I am stuck as Cid is not dropping hammers for me to expand. Please make Cid drop more hammers!!!

Hit refresh on the order to discard and you will get another one in thirty minutes asking for something else. I discarded an order asking two batches of creme br?l?e earlier today.

myhsplace
04-16-15, 09:03 PM
i just got this update earlier today so still on first day, i cannot remember what time i started though so i was wondering if there is a countdown later on in day to let you know when your day is almost up OR does the day just automatically reset at same time each day, if so what time of the day is that.. thanks ahead of time for answer :)

shaumilin
04-16-15, 11:49 PM
It does say Buy Extra Slot For 300 Gems. But it is frustrating that there isn't a confirmation letting you know that you're spending your gems. A classic trap perfected by a lot of companies :mad:

I also did the same thing, spending my precious gems while I did not want to.
I am wondering if Storm8 Staff can put those gems back to my account. I only need 3 slots, I don't need 4.

sashahoney
04-17-15, 01:30 AM
I also did the same thing, spending my precious gems while I did not want to.
I am wondering if Storm8 Staff can put those gems back to my account. I only need 3 slots, I don't need 4.

I no longer buy gems after the recent changes. That was my reply to someone who like you spent their gems by mistake. As for you getting your gems back, I'd say you have more chance of the ship arriving at your door to take you on the cruise! :p

queentina3
04-17-15, 04:40 AM
The information I posted last night in my 2nd post of this thread yesterday was incorrect. Here is the new information, and should also help those few that had questions overnight, that I've yet to see answered. :)

If you are close to completing a day and have multiple items that can be given to the cruise ship, they will roll over to the next day. I had Bitterballen, Cheesecake, and give 10 bags of Rice left and when I retrieved the Bitterballen from the appliance, it greyed out Cheesecake and the 5/10 Rice I'd already given. However, when I checked the game this morning, the Cheesecake and Rice were still there, allowing me to complete them and counted towards today's total!

Jennerwein1
04-17-15, 05:37 AM
That typing while some body else is posting happens to me too. :rolleyes:

A confirmation on purchase button would fix this gem trap.

Good luck with that one! They have not fixed that in CS forever!

Simdiva
04-17-15, 08:10 AM
Actually very impressed with this event! It's not difficult at all to complete your deliveries in five hours or less even if you throw out an item or two. I am currently on level 40 and got sone difficult items some of which I did for the points but also got easy items like chicken Alfredo and ten boxes of spaghetti. There should be no need to hire the chef unless it gets progressively harder or you can only play an hour or two a day. The only thing you need to watch for is that you have items in stock if it's near the end of the day. For example on day one, I never started till nearly three hours till the end of the day due to my recent eye surgery. Had I realized ipthere was a time limit before I started I would have waited but I challenged myself. Anyhow my first cook was for salmon sushi. Unfortunately I did not have enough salmon and not enough time to get more so I skipped it and prayed I would get something that I could complete in time and was lucky enough to do so. I finished with 42 minutes to spare and then did today's challenge in less than four hours - sore eye and all. That is an addict for you! Happy cooking!

cquinn32
04-17-15, 09:46 AM
I too am actually really enjoying this event. Great job!!

midgetsocks
04-17-15, 09:51 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to complete 2 cruise ship days (as in move through 2 reward bubbles) in one Restaurant Story Day?

midgetsocks
04-17-15, 10:01 AM
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does this timer reset universally (for everyone) each day at midnight PDT?

I have the same question: When do the cruise ship days begin and end?

queentina3
04-17-15, 10:08 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to complete 2 cruise ship days (as in move through 2 reward bubbles) in one Restaurant Story Day?

I have the same question: When do the cruise ship days begin and end?

Yes you can. The day ends/begins at TL's reset time 12am Pacific. You'll need to spend gems to start the next day ahead of time, and I think to start day 3 it is 15 gems. I've already finished day 2 and my day 3, if I was to start it, would cost 15 gems. :)

midgetsocks
04-17-15, 10:13 AM
Thank you queentina3 :)

orleansparish
04-17-15, 12:09 PM
This event IS fun. Its been easy to complete and the 30 minute refresh time has made it easy to complete orders. You can really do it without needing to rely on gems. Like I totally wasted on the dragon story event.

I was going to get gems to buy a caterer but dont think I need one now. Because Im not checking in often, by time I finish one day the next day has started. So im on the 5000 coins, day 2 part. Im just wondering what the hula girl will drop. And I saw a pic of a new recipe. Does the stove the boys are behind holding new recipes? I dont see it being unlocked as any part of the next days prizes to come.

Im all for new food! Im giddy because I finally unlocked the diner breakfast after mastering all the breakfast foods.

nmishii
04-17-15, 12:50 PM
This event IS fun. Its been easy to complete and the 30 minute refresh time has made it easy to complete orders. You can really do it without needing to rely on gems. Like I totally wasted on the dragon story event.

I was going to get gems to buy a caterer but dont think I need one now. Because Im not checking in often, by time I finish one day the next day has started. So im on the 5000 coins, day 2 part. Im just wondering what the hula girl will drop. And I saw a pic of a new recipe. Does the stove the boys are behind holding new recipes? I dont see it being unlocked as any part of the next days prizes to come.

Im all for new food! Im giddy because I finally unlocked the diner breakfast after mastering all the breakfast foods.

Its starting off easy to get you hooked, but later on I bet they'll make it so you can't get to the end without the caterer or by playing 24/7.

I was wondering what happened if you didn't finish by reset time, so I guess if you don't finish Day 1 on Day 1 you can still finish it but won't get Day 2 until its complete, is that what you just did?

My guess is the boys behind the stove are your 250 gem caterers and the extra chafing dish is the extra slot you can buy for 300 gems, but am afraid to tap on them.

pivolet
04-17-15, 01:33 PM
I actually didn't finish day one on time so I finished it on day 2 and I was able to start day 2's challenge right away. I also had a catering goal that was halfway complete when I started day 2 and it didn't get reset so I was able to put that into day 2's goal.

myhsplace
04-17-15, 01:48 PM

yes, i started event late yesterday afternoon sometime and i will be finish with day two in 10-15mins from now.. other than first recipe that required mushrooms i already had and spending gems on one extra one to complete it, i made sure to refresh every recipe afterwards that required mushrooms or items that required over 3-4hrs wait that i did not have in storage or was ready to buy. I also made it a point to make a different recipe on each appliance and left them there in hopes next order would be one of them (i got lucky three times this way so it helped).

Simdiva
04-17-15, 02:42 PM
This is in response to the person who wanted to do two days of cooking and wondered if it's possible: It is if you pay fifteen gems to start the next day early. I would love to do them all at once but loathe to pay the gems as far as the person who was afraid to click on the stoves, it does not takes the gems unless you confirm and the man behind the stove is indeed the extra chef. It does not give new recipes just extra cooks or ships credits per se. Hope this helps

insomniadreams88
04-17-15, 03:48 PM
Didn't get the pop-up until today for the event for some reason. (App updated and everything) Just happy it seems to be like the event on DS - you have 10 days to complete it from the time you start. Also, glad that the refresh time if you skip one of the recipes is only 30 minutes.

mrslugo
04-17-15, 04:18 PM
Now there's a limit to what we can put on the boat a day I was making the food it requested and now it says that I'm done for today c'mon y wud it change like this midday

Simdiva
04-17-15, 05:17 PM
Now there's a limit to what we can put on the boat a day I was making the food it requested and now it says that I'm done for today c'mon y wud it change like this midday

Once your orders are done for the day and delivered to the ship master, the ship is locked till midnight pacific daylight time when you can start your next order. Nothing changed. If you had food that was not yet delivered but was added, it will still be there when you start the ne t rider. This is a bit of a bonus because you can prepare for the next day as you know what the first three items will be. If this is not the stop you are referring to, you should submit a bug report in the bugs section.

LonePudding
04-17-15, 05:23 PM
Been off the game for a while!!! Hope I can catch up!

queentina3
04-17-15, 05:28 PM

Once you've reached the required cruise coins for the day it will lock up until the next day, that is the purpose - to get the coins so you get the reward for the day and can move on to the next day, on the next day.

Tomorrow morning when you get up you'll see the orders you were working on will still be there ready and waiting for you to load. That is what happened to me. I had a Bitterballen, 2 Cheesecakes, and 5/10 Rice. When I removed the Bitterballen from the appliance and delivered it to the ship, my orders for the day were fulfilled. This morning, the 2 Cheesecake and 5/10 Rice that had been greyed out, where there, and I could use them towards today's cruise coin count. :)

queentina3
04-17-15, 05:29 PM
Been off the game for a while!!! Hope I can catch up!

Don't worry, the event starts as soon as you start it. Some people are only working on day 1 today while others that started yesterday, are already on day 2, and they still have 10 days left while we have 9. :)

LonePudding
04-17-15, 05:51 PM
Can someone quote me the post (or explain to me)how this day thing works? Do the requests automatically refresh everyday?? Or are people referring to when they started this? I'm lost right now lol

Thanks Queen, I didn't realise I had to start it myself!!! It's just like the dragon story tales (that I didn't complete. Not looking forward to this!)

fahrensland
04-17-15, 05:59 PM
Thank you TL/S8!

So far I like the design of this limited event. It's forcing me to cook dishes I don't usually bother with, the option to refresh the required dish at such a reasonable wait time is great, and the rewards look promising. Overall I think it was well designed and is a success. Thanks again :)

CindysTNFarm
04-17-15, 07:35 PM
I spent the 250 gems or whatever it was to get the extra caterer. I have yet to know what it's actually doing for me. Can someone please explain? I see no difference at all!

ElaineCarrel
04-17-15, 08:02 PM
I decided not to do this event. Y? Mainly bcuz my 1st day orders had 2 different types of sushi, both requiring ginger. It's ridiculous. There's no way I could've completed those orders. I was not going to fork out gems to get helpers since I' would've had to buy those and then reading thru here and seeing u had to use gems to advance to the next day? Sorry, I got screwed over by trying to complete the Easter event and I'd barely been able to finish the Valentines event.

So no, I'm not going on this tropical cruise. The ship will sail without my food contribution. Hopefully the passengers won't starve.

orleansparish
04-17-15, 08:13 PM
I decided not to do this event. Y? Mainly bcuz my 1st day orders had 2 different types of sushi, both requiring ginger. It's ridiculous. There's no way I could've completed those orders. I was not going to fork out gems to get helpers since I' would've had to buy those and then reading thru here and seeing u had to use gems to advance to the next day? Sorry, I got screwed over by trying to complete the Easter event and I'd barely been able to finish the Valentines event.

So no, I'm not going on this tropical cruise. The ship will sail without my food contribution. Hopefully the passengers won't starve.

You didn't HAVE to do the orders. Just push the refresh button next to the order and it will give you a new set of orders in 30 minutes. I got an order for lobster sandwiches right after I put two stoves of bisque on. I tossed it and got two apple pies, much simpler.

You should give it a try, it's really fun and non headache Inducing. No randomness. It's up to us if we want to fulfill an order and we can win some cute stuff and hopefully the new recipe I saw.

queentina3
04-17-15, 08:15 PM
Can someone quote me the post (or explain to me)how this day thing works? Do the requests automatically refresh everyday?? Or are people referring to when they started this? I'm lost right now lol

Thanks Queen, I didn't realise I had to start it myself!!! It's just like the dragon story tales (that I didn't complete. Not looking forward to this!)

Go the event area, the big screen with the Luau girl and click on the blue hot plates. That brings up a huge pop-up that lists 3 dishes you'd need to cook with cruise coins listed right below the dish, and then the amount of servings (all dishes I've had so far made me cook the dish twice to meet the servings amount). Next to the dish you'll see a green/white circular arrows, those are if you don't want to do that dish for whatever reason (don't have the ingredients, takes too long to prepare, wouldn't want to lose the profit off the dish). You hit those arrows and a new dish will arrive in 30 minutes. If you don't like that dish either, you can hit the arrows again and another new dish will arrive in another 30 minutes.

Now, as you complete the dishes and remove them from the appliances, a little ship icon will show up above them. You'll then go back to the blue hot plates and open the pop-up again and then hit "deliver".

There will be times you won't have to cook a dish because:
1.) It will ask you to buy ingredients instead - anywhere from 5 to 10 of them depending on length of turn-around.
2.) You already have the dish on your counter. If that is the case then below the servings required will be a "counter add xxx" with the xxx being the amount you have on a counter already. You can decide if you want to move them from the counter and onto the boat. If you do, then click it and they'll be moved. Then you'll just have to cook the dish enough to meet the rest of the required servings.
3.) You may already have a dish cooking when a refresh of the menu happened so can just deliver it to the boat when it's done.

You'll notice that in the menu of each appliance, the dishes that the boat is requesting are moved to the very top, to help you remember you have a boat order waiting.

The more cruise coins under the dish, the less you'll have to do for a day. There is a counter in the middle of the pop-up and as you turn in each order, the counter moves. It doesn't tell you how many, but you'll be able to tell when you're getting close to completing a day. If by chance you have orders you were working on when you've completed a day, don't worry, you can submit them the next day when it reopens for you. Just don't remove the item from the appliance or use the ingredient until the day opens. This way you don't waste it and can use it for the boat.

I have no idea about the caterer as I didn't purchase him. The first day's reward was 5 quick serves. 2nd days reward was 5000 coins. 3rd day looks to be the Tiki Torch (found in the design tab) but not sure how many we get, probably just one.

I think that just about covers it and I hope I didn't confuse you further. :o

orleansparish
04-17-15, 08:15 PM

Also, we don't have to use gems to skip the next day. I just finished day two and needed to wait just five hours. I think using gems now is jumping the ***. Just look at what orders you have available and get them ready for when it's time to start again. I have hamburgers sitting on the stove. Flour waiting and have my apple cider cooking now. I won't touch them until the final two hours pass and then everything will be ready.

I can then go to bed and when I log on again the next set of orders will be waiting for me. Easy peasy.

queentina3
04-17-15, 08:16 PM
It's up to us if we want to fulfill an order and we can win some cute stuff and hopefully the new recipe I saw.

Whoa, what new recipe??? I didn't see any new recipe. :eek:

orleansparish
04-17-15, 08:41 PM
Whoa, what new recipe??? I didn't see any new recipe. :eek:

I don't see it anywhere either! But right before I started the event and the pop up came talking about it, there was a picture of the stove with the caterer and what looked like a burrito or a meat stuffed soft shell. What's why I thought we would win the stove or unlocking the caterers would give us the stove with new recipes. But nada is there now. I wish I was on the right level on my other thingy to snap a pic.

Maybe someone who hasn't started yet can take a pic?

queentina3
04-17-15, 08:48 PM
I don't see it anywhere either! But right before I started the event and the pop up came talking about it, there was a picture of the stove with the caterer and what looked like a burrito or a meat stuffed soft shell. What's why I thought we would win the stove or unlocking the caterers would give us the stove with new recipes. But nada is there now. I wish I was on the right level on my other thingy to snap a pic.

Maybe someone who hasn't started yet can take a pic?

Oh, I know what you're talking about. I actually just assumed that was a dish I hadn't gotten to yet to unlock. I refuse to purchase the Chateau Oven or unlock Milk or the recipes Creme Brulee, Ginger Snaps, Vanilla Milkshake and etc....Until I have enough recipes to make it worth it. Right now, at level 45, it isn't worth it to me to waste that much coin on something I'll never be able to make due to Ginger or Vanilla being a main ingredient. If I get Vanilla, I use it to make Master Spice to finish off Cucumber/BLT for the Triple Decker, and Ginger, as rare as it is, I use in Tuna Roll or the Spice. *shrugs*

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 12:05 AM
Just started day two, and it does get a little harder. I had 7 orders ready to go, and I'm only halfway done. I could see the caterer that gives 4 coins every 4 hours becoming very useful towards the end of the event.

Beecause
04-18-15, 01:18 AM
You mean day 3?? I'm on day 3.

I've had to refresh three times already but i kept a "collect 10 green peppers" - it was better that the other 2 requests i had.

Make that 4 times -I'm getting long restock ingredients or recipes that need them and two recipes I haven't learned yet.
Plus I'm not sure the things I did give to the ship didn't register.

Today is going to be a long one. Add the problems in bs & rs and I'm going to need a drink.

*just refreshed again - got surf & turf, another recipe I haven't learned yet.
All 3 slots are refreshing -again. I ditched the green peppers but got strawberry shortcake - unlocked but not learned yet.

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 01:44 AM
Day three, day two because I did two days the first day. Either way...lol

Yeah I got milk, which I never bothered to unlock. Then I got a 4 coin orange order, and a 3 coin sugar order, so it's definitely going to take a bit more time to finish.

Beecause
04-18-15, 01:54 AM
Ooh ok I get it ;-)

Yes - bit trickery today. Just got yogurt, had suger ready to collect so got that done - then beacon & i had all ten in pantry,
Then onion soup which is unlocked but not learned yet and that was just one slot as the other two were still refreshing.

So another refresh.

They shouldn't have included unlearned recipes.

You got unlocked milk??? What the heck. I haven't unlocked that either-my only one.
Oh yeah i got ginger tea another unlearned recipe.

Got broccoli - yeah. Lol

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 02:15 AM
I have a bad feeling that the excitement people had at this event will be gone when they realize how hard it is going to get. Later days will probably take 20 coins, then 25, and the 9th and 10th day, 30 coins each. You'll either need a lot of time, a lot of gems, or a high bankroll to finish.

Edit: and day three is done, now to save up for tomorrow's adventure.

LonePudding
04-18-15, 05:13 AM
The more cruise coins under the dish, the less you'll have to do for a day. There is a counter in the middle of the pop-up and as you turn in each order, the counter moves. It doesn't tell you how many, but you'll be able to tell when you're getting close to completing a day. If by chance you have orders you were working on when you've completed a day, don't worry, you can submit them the next day when it reopens for you. Just don't remove the item from the appliance or use the ingredient until the day opens. This way you don't waste it and can use it for the boat.

So when the counter fills up, what happens? How long do you have to wait to start working on the next prize? Thank you so much for your help!

cocoquillette
04-18-15, 05:35 AM
I have trouble understanding if we need a number of coins or to lower the number of gems needed to finish the day!
When I serve a 1 coin dish, the number of gems needed decreases by 5, when I serve a two coin dish, it decreases by 15, and for 4 coins 60.
Therefore 2 coins would actualy equals 3 x 1 coins, which is disturbing...
Anyone has an idea on the question?

myhsplace
04-18-15, 07:31 AM
This is in response to the person who wanted to do two days of cooking and wondered if it's possible: It is if you pay fifteen gems to start the next day early. I would love to do them all at once but loathe to pay the gems as far as the person who was afraid to click on the stoves, it does not takes the gems unless you confirm and the man behind the stove is indeed the extra chef. It does not give new recipes just extra cooks or ships credits per se. Hope this helps

I did not have to pay gems to start day two right after I finished day one. I started a day late so i think those of us that did not start on first day do not get charged until we catch up?? my day three did require me to wait or pay gems to unlock it.

queentina3
04-18-15, 07:55 AM
So when the counter fills up, what happens? How long do you have to wait to start working on the next prize? Thank you so much for your help!

A timer will go across the center of the pop-up alerting you to when the next day will start for you. If you hadn't been in the middle of a refresh for a recipe, you'll also see the first three recipes you can complete and prepare for them (if they weren't ones you'd already been working on). They will be greyed out and when the day reopens, you can submit them. Also, if you were in the middle of a refresh for a menu item, it will continue to count down the 30 minutes, and once it reaches it, it will show you that next item, you just can't do anything with it until the day reopens for you. Does that make sense? Sorry, in the middle of my first cup of coffee...... :p

I have trouble understanding if we need a number of coins or to lower the number of gems needed to finish the day!
When I serve a 1 coin dish, the number of gems needed decreases by 5, when I serve a two coin dish, it decreases by 15, and for 4 coins 60.
Therefore 2 coins would actualy equals 3 x 1 coins, which is disturbing...
Anyone has an idea on the question?

You want to get as many coins as possible, so doing the higher coin dishes is good, as that moves the counter quicker. Basically it is the same thing as the higher the coins, the less gems needed to skip the rest of the day. And yes, the comparison for gems to coins is...well I'll refrain actually.

I finished day 3 and it is Two Tiki Torches, for those that haven't gotten to day 3 yet. To the others, yes, it does get harder so you may want to start stocking up on your Lobster, Salmon, Mushrooms and not use them as those are the higher coin dishes.

deucedeuce22, I didn't open Milk either so have been tossing those recipes as soon as I see them. *snickers*

Beecause, somebody asked that earlier in the thread, about unlearned recipes, and SparklyOctopus said that as long as you were at a level to open something (recipe or ingredient), the game will give it as an option. I can't help but understand that as consider the logistics to the coding that would have to be done to not only look at a person's level, but then if they've unlocked an ingredient or learned a recipe? I can just see the bug reports flying...........Nah, I'd prefer to just refresh if I come across that, and I have, with Milk and Vanilla Milkshake, Creme Brulee - well anything on the Chateaux Oven actually. LOL!!!

Beecause
04-18-15, 12:41 PM
Yeah I remember reading that. I thought, "it's no big deal" as they built in that awesome refresh option but
man, when you get locked recipes one after the other it get's to be too much, especially since I have so many
other recipes available to cook. Why doesn't the captain ask me for those hehe.

I mean - goodness s8, just because a player has leveled up enough to unlock a stove, recipe or ingredient,
doesn't mean they've also had the coins or time to purchase the oven or ingredient or learn the recipes.

No biggie - The goal is really fun and all the deco stuff that's a part of is is really really adorable.

S8 did manage to get me to use that street market since "the change" LOL dueceduece ;)

enaid03
04-18-15, 12:48 PM
S8 did manage to get me to use that street market since "the change" LOL dueceduece ;)

I sheepishly admit I have also during this event. I have sworn it off. A new normal way of playing.

I am having fun with this event. It got hard today, so I'm expecting it to increase in difficulty as we get closer to the end of the event. It is annoying, however, to be continually discarding locked ingredients and recipes.

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 01:12 PM
Time, gold, or gems, you will pay no matter what. ��

And you WILL use your street market again. I feel bad for the people who tried to go without it. If anyone wants tips on what to buy, for how much, and what to make for profit, you can message me on my wall.

Beecause
04-18-15, 02:02 PM
Time, gold, or gems, you will pay no matter what. ��

LOL. Yep.

Well for me it's only during this event. I won't be using that market in everyday play.

So they turned the street market into an aide for this kind of goal event in my mind. Kinda smart.

At least that thing over there that I wasted so many tools on is a part of my game again -temporarily;)

orleansparish
04-18-15, 02:42 PM
I have all recipes and ingredients unlocked. Minus the last two locked by expansions. I'm discarding items that take too long to reload. Like the onions and tuna just now. I had vanilla milkshake. I used my happy hands to get some strawberry milkshake off the mixer, to put a milkshake on. Which I immediately felt like a dunce doing, because I had to discard the vanilla milkshakes. I needed to make two to fulfill the order and the next vanilla bean wouldn't be finished harvesting until two hours from now.

But yeah they're getting harder, however I'm making the most out of it. It all comes down to reset time for ingredients. As opposed to not having the ability to make dishes. I don't want to wait six hours, as opposed to getting something cooked now to get finished and move on to the next part. Time will pass before I know it and that's when the hassle of maybe needing to use gems will come. I'm doing all I can to avoid that. If I got gems I'd used them for all kinds of mess. I'm being patient and am about to do expansion 12 or 13. I just need one more axe.

deucedeuce22
04-18-15, 03:17 PM
I have all recipes and ingredients unlocked. Minus the last two locked by expansions. I'm discarding items that take too long to reload. Like the onions and tuna just now. I had vanilla milkshake. I used my happy hands to get some strawberry milkshake off the mixer, to put a milkshake on. Which I immediately felt like a dunce doing, because I had to discard the vanilla milkshakes. I needed to make two to fulfill the order and the next vanilla bean wouldn't be finished harvesting until two hours from now.

But yeah they're getting harder, however I'm making the most out of it. It all comes down to reset time for ingredients. As opposed to not having the ability to make dishes. I don't want to wait six hours, as opposed to getting something cooked now to get finished and move on to the next part. Time will pass before I know it and that's when the hassle of maybe needing to use gems will come. I'm doing all I can to avoid that. If I got gems I'd used them for all kinds of mess. I'm being patient and am about to do expansion 12 or 13. I just need one more axe.

Yeah, later on when you'll need a lot of cruise coins to complete the day, clearing orders as fast as possible is worth the potential coin loss. I finished today pretty fast only because I got huge orders for mandarin chicken and apple cider, both of which I stock up on and can make almost non stop. I got half my day done for a loss of about 8k coins worth in servings.

I'm debating now whether I should unlock milk, and the two recipes that need milk. It would take 300k, which I have, but I'm not sure I want my street market to get clogged with milk unless it's absolutely necessary.

queentina3
04-18-15, 04:39 PM

I'm actually starting to be a bit more cautious in what I'll give to the boat and what I won't and not just due to lost profit, but also due to the amount of Cruise Coins they'll offer me for the dish. For instance, my day 4 starts in 7 1/2 hours from now. The first three items:

-Orange Juice 0/100 for 1 cruise coin. - no problem and worth it.

-Stuffed Mushrooms 0/550 for 2 cruise coins - no problem as I have the ingredients ready and before I go to bed could put them on, but I won't! Why should I give that many stuffed mushrooms to the boat and ONLY get 2 cruise coins??? That is more of a 3 or 4 cruise coin dish just due to the mushrooms and 16 hour turn-around time on them!

-Greek Salad 0/450 for 2 cruise coins - no problem as I have the ingredients ready and before I go to bed could put the on, and the coins match the dish!

Now, tell me how TL can even think that Greek Salad and Stuffed Mushroom should be comparable for Cruise Coins??? That is insane. Other than the Onions in Greek Salad, the cucumbers and tomatoes are so easy to get! Stuffed Mushrooms has mushrooms and peppers! :rolleyes:

Now if they were going to give me 3 cruise coins for the Stuffed Mushrooms, I would've done it, but not for 2 Cruise coins. No, when the day starts that will be getting a refresh from me. :)

Dalnaar
04-19-15, 12:50 AM
This challenge is to difficult and time consuming for me to finish in the given time!! It ask for things for the ship I have not unlocked or is impossible to make with my shop lvl's mostly because the ingredients take a long time. More over it seems highly unfair as the price is a lady who helps in the game from that moment on so you will forever have a disadvantage to higher lvl players or players that can spend all day playing. Storms8 seems to "force" you to use gems and therefore spend real money or you will loose out. Not much off a fair game if you work hard for money in real life and therefore cannot spend the time or money on a game that should give you some joy in your spare time.������

ellyse99
04-19-15, 03:21 AM
This challenge is to difficult and time consuming for me to finish in the given time!! It ask for things for the ship I have not unlocked or is impossible to make with my shop lvl's mostly because the ingredients take a long time. More over it seems highly unfair as the price is a lady who helps in the game from that moment on so you will forever have a disadvantage to higher lvl players or players that can spend all day playing. Storms8 seems to "force" you to use gems and therefore spend real money or you will loose out. Not much off a fair game if you work hard for money in real life and therefore cannot spend the time or money on a game that should give you some joy in your spare time.😔😿😮

Did you not figure out that you can press the "refresh" button to change orders if you don't want to make them? Or are you complaining that after you refresh, it still gives you stuff that's hard to do?

Yesterday I think I finished my orders for the day in about 5 hours. No, I didn't buy the helper, nor do I use gems in any way.

Sure enough no one is forcing you to spend your hard-earned real-life money on the game. But whining that you lose out to higher-level players, or players who spend more time on the game, is IMHO unfair and silly. We didn't get gifted higher levels, I worked my way up just like most other people did, and without using gems. Why should those who spend time and effort not be better-off than those who don't?

xxangelmariexxx
04-19-15, 04:46 AM
Did you not figure out that you can press the "refresh" button to change orders if you don't want to make them? Or are you complaining that after you refresh, it still gives you stuff that's hard to do?

Yesterday I think I finished my orders for the day in about 5 hours. No, I didn't buy the helper, nor do I use gems in any way.

Sure enough no one is forcing you to spend your hard-earned real-life money on the game. But whining that you lose out to higher-level players, or players who spend more time on the game, is IMHO unfair and silly. We didn't get gifted higher levels, I worked my way up just like most other people did, and without using gems. Why should those who spend time and effort not be better-off than those who don't?

Well said...

LonePudding
04-19-15, 05:12 AM

Perfect explanation!

LonePudding
04-19-15, 05:16 AM
Today I saw a request that offered 4 cruise coins!! I think it was baked salmon or something. But my fish market hasn't been built yet lol. I keep getting request that offer 3 cruise coins - like 10 steaks, 10 broccollies etc.. This is very enjoyable so far...

m1stery
04-19-15, 08:16 AM
Did anyone manage to get any new recipes? I wonder when we'll get one in the picture?
http://i.imgur.com/bew2eTA.jpg

cocoquillette
04-19-15, 08:47 AM
i really don't feel like w?re gonna get any new recipe... I guess the image means that if you cook burritos (or fajitas, I don't know the names as my game is in French), you'll get a price such as the hammer.
The goal is clearly the hula danser.
Still haven't finished day 4 :(

What I find crazy about this event is that after mastering the sandwiches for the 3 story sandwich, I told myself I would NEVER cook these again, and here I am, cooking cucumber sandwiches :mad:;)

ellyse99
04-19-15, 09:10 AM
Today I saw a request that offered 4 cruise coins!! I think it was baked salmon or something. But my fish market hasn't been built yet lol. I keep getting request that offer 3 cruise coins - like 10 steaks, 10 broccollies etc.. This is very enjoyable so far...

I did get baked salmon today, but I have a huge stockpile of it so I just used that, and didn't notice how many coins it was. I also had 10 pieces of salmon for 4 cruise coins.

Tomorrow I have tuna casserole for 4 cruise coins... not going to give them that, since those are loaded with house spice.

That said, all my food on the counters has mysteriously disappeared and it didn't reappear when I force closed and reopened the app. :mad: Will reinstall and hope everything is back to normal!

ellyse99
04-19-15, 09:22 AM
Nope reinstalled and all the dishes still missing. Not happy! :mad:

queentina3
04-19-15, 10:18 AM
What I find crazy about this event is that after mastering the sandwiches for the 3 story sandwich, I told myself I would NEVER cook these again, and here I am, cooking cucumber sandwiches :mad:;)

OMG that happened to me too!!! I finished mastering the Cucumber Sandwich yesterday and then one of today's orders was to make more! I was like "NO, please NO!!!" LOL!!!!

LonePudding
04-19-15, 10:24 AM
I did get baked salmon today, but I have a huge stockpile of it so I just used that, and didn't notice how many coins it was. I also had 10 pieces of salmon for 4 cruise coins.

Tomorrow I have tuna casserole for 4 cruise coins... not going to give them that, since those are loaded with house spice.

That said, all my food on the counters has mysteriously disappeared and it didn't reappear when I force closed and reopened the app. :mad: Will reinstall and hope everything is back to normal!

I'm so sorry that happened. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put it on the ship?

ellyse99
04-19-15, 10:43 AM
I'm so sorry that happened. Are you sure you didn't accidentally put it on the ship?

LonePudding, I'm talking about more food than the ship would ever need over the 10 days! I had all 20 counters full of dishes. For example:

100k+ (I think it was closer to 110k) Ginger Tea
90k+ Lobster Bisque
90k+ Veggie Sushi
80k+ Baked Salmon
80k+ Baked Potato
50k+ Coq au Vin
30k+ Tuna Casserole
17k+ BLT
17k+ Tomato Soup
9k+ Cr?me Brulee
8k+ Chicken Salad
5k+ Bitterballen
5k+ Stew
2k+ Split Pea Soup
2k+ Cucumber Sandwiches
1k+ Pizza Bread

Also had Bruschetta and not sure what else since the last few slots are usually dishes that I make on a rotating basis eg Lobster Thermidor, Baked Onion Soup etc.

Even Pizza Bread which's only 30 servings every time you cook it, I had more than 1k of it, and possibly more. What I quoted above is a rough minimum, there were perhaps more servings that I don't remember.

There's no way I could've put all of THAT on the ship. I'm now about 2+ million coins richer but honestly I rather have the security of knowing I won't ever run out of food on my counters.

ellyse99
04-19-15, 10:44 AM
BTW the numbers I quoted above, is number of servings of each dishes, not the revenue (coins).

Dalnaar
04-19-15, 12:40 PM
Perfect explanation!

No I do know about the button but I do not have time to check the game every 30 minutes to change it until I finally get something I can cook or buy in the stores.

Dalnaar
04-19-15, 12:47 PM

I do know about the button but I just do not have time to check the game every 30 minutes to find something new that I can cook or buy. And I think your comment is rather rude! Whining, silly? Well, I am happy you get things you can make in the game somehow I only get things I cannot make or costs me two days to learn or things that take 6 ours to refresh and I have to refresh 3 times...

catfoodie
04-19-15, 01:23 PM
I think that events suppose to take time. Seems like some people expect to not work hard to get something, and then complain about it. Like I do get dishes I can't make, I refresh it and check it later on and eventually there is something I can make. So it obviously takes time. If people don't want to spend their time there is gem option which in my opinion fair alternative. And it also asks you to make dishes that are available on particular level, so for people on higher level it is hard to get recipes they can make because there is so many options to choose from, especially if a lot of them is not learned (like in my case).

queentina3
04-19-15, 01:40 PM
Actually this event is making me laugh, constantly. I mean really, TL, Stuffed Mushroom and Mushroom Risotto for only 2 coins but I get 4 coins for giving up 10 oranges? Seriously? LMAO!!! 16 hour turn-around on mushrooms and you're going to give me a measly 2 coins for giving you two dishes of those meals? I gleefully refresh when those come up and burst out laughing when the next thing that pops up is giving 10 oranges for 4 coins, or like last time, it was to give 10 lettuce. Talk about easy compared to what I'd just gotten.

If there's anyway you can tell us how you determined a dish coin's worth, I'd really love to know. It makes me giggle whenever I see a mushroom dish pop up for 2 coins, honestly it does. Somebody had to be smoking something when they decided that. :rolleyes:

ellyse99
04-19-15, 01:48 PM
Remembered wrongly... I had 10k+ for Pizza Bread and not 1k+!

ellyse99
04-19-15, 01:57 PM
I do know about the button but I just do not have time to check the game every 30 minutes to find something new that I can cook or buy. And I think your comment is rather rude! Whining, silly? Well, I am happy you get things you can make in the game somehow I only get things I cannot make or costs me two days to learn or things that take 6 ours to refresh and I have to refresh 3 times...

I don't know what level you are, but I'm level 49 and I still refresh quite many times. I don't have strawberry or milk unlocked (well, I just unlocked strawberry now), and the only drinks I've learnt are Ginger Tea and Orange Juice. So, I do end up refreshing anything that's a drink, or requires strawberry or milk.

Since the street market has gotten so expensive, I also spent lots of tools and coins recently upgrading my shops. General Store is at 6, Veggie is at 5, Butcher and Seafood at 4, and I've just upgraded Fruit to 2 (used to be 1). Of course things still take a long time to refresh but at least with each refresh I get more of each ingredient.

ellyse99
04-19-15, 01:58 PM
I think that events suppose to take time. Seems like some people expect to not work hard to get something, and then complain about it. Like I do get dishes I can't make, I refresh it and check it later on and eventually there is something I can make. So it obviously takes time. If people don't want to spend their time there is gem option which in my opinion fair alternative. And it also asks you to make dishes that are available on particular level, so for people on higher level it is hard to get recipes they can make because there is so many options to choose from, especially if a lot of them is not learned (like in my case).

+1000000000

ariffraff
04-19-15, 02:30 PM
Personally I'm enjoying the cruise ship challenge. Right now I'm cooking chicken noodle soup & giving up my bacon. It wanted me to make apple pie but I refreshed it. I do go with a lot of refreshes, but I set a timer and pop back in. Either play it & have fun or skip it and stop whining. Oh I'm level 41

orleansparish
04-19-15, 02:41 PM
Did anyone manage to get any new recipes? I wonder when we'll get one in the picture?
http://i.imgur.com/bew2eTA.jpg

That's the dish I was talking about! And why is there a pic of a hammer? I got four coins today from turning in mayo.

queentina3
04-19-15, 02:44 PM
That's the dish I was talking about! And why is there a pic of a hammer? I got four coins today from turning in mayo.

LOL, I thought of you when I saw that first posted! :p

I think the pic of the hammer is the prize for that day. Of course what they show in the pictures isn't necessarily what we get, but you get the point, I'm sure. :)

kooky panda
04-19-15, 03:06 PM
Okay guys, please keep your post civil. Insulting other members is against the forum rules.
The most recent posts have been removed.
Players are allowed to post how they feel about the update without any fear of being called out by other members.

codyduke24
04-19-15, 03:32 PM
What is a force close?

sashahoney
04-19-15, 04:19 PM
What is a force close?

A force close is when you shut the app down on your phone by double tapping the middle button. Not sure of the procedure on an iPad.

LonePudding
04-19-15, 04:44 PM
LonePudding, I'm talking about more food than the ship would ever need over the 10 days! I had all 20 counters full of dishes. For example:

90k+ Lobster Bisque
90k+ Veggie Sushi
80k+ Baked Salmon
80k+ Baked Potato
50k+ Coq au Vin
30k+ Tuna Casserole
17k+ BLT
17k+ Tomato Soup
9k+ Cr?me Brulee
8k+ Chicken Salad
5k+ Bitterballen
5k+ Stew
2k+ Split Pea Soup
2k+ Cucumber Sandwiches
1k+ Pizza Bread

Also had Bruschetta and not sure what else since the last few slots are usually dishes that I make on a rotating basis eg Lobster Thermidor, Baked Onion Soup etc.

Even Pizza Bread which's only 30 servings every time you cook it, I had more than 1k of it, and possibly more. What I quoted above is a rough minimum, there were perhaps more servings that I don't remember.

There's no way I could've put all of THAT on the ship. I'm now about 2+ million coins richer but honestly I rather have the security of knowing I won't ever run out of food on my counters.

That is amazing!!! How did you stack up that much food without the first batch selling out?! I can't even begin to imagine how angry and upset you must be!! Sent you a PM!

codyduke24
04-19-15, 05:40 PM
Ok... Thanks. If anyone knows on an iPad i would appreciate it

ElaineCarrel
04-19-15, 06:21 PM
I decided to give this a whirl since I was getting tired of looking at the cruise ship icons and had nothing better to do. lol
I managed to get thru 2 days in about 6hrs mainly thx to the refresh button and short cooks. I did get frustrated when they asked for stuffed mushrooms on 1 place and the other place was wanting mushroom risotto. I refreshed both since I only get 4 every 16hrs I believe. I'm currently working on Day 3 almost to Day 4.

queentina3
04-19-15, 06:42 PM
Ok... Thanks. If anyone knows on an iPad i would appreciate it

It is the same on an iPad. You double click the "home" button and when your app shows up, you swipe up and that force closes it. I would highly suggest you force close an app as soon as your done with it, as it saves on resources and allows the app you want to be in to run smoother. I always force close any app as soon as I leave it. :)

codyduke24
04-19-15, 06:59 PM
It is the same on an iPad. You double click the "home" button and when your app shows up, you swipe up and that force closes it. I would highly suggest you force close an app as soon as your done with it, as it saves on resources and allows the app you want to be in to run smoother. I always force close any app as soon as I leave it. :)
Thank you very much

LonePudding
04-19-15, 10:54 PM
So I earned the two tiki torches and it asked me to wait 1hr and 6mins...that's 8am for me, midnight where TL is. So we have to wait until their midnight to start a new day or was that just a coincidence?

Edit: Nevermind I found the answer!

ellyse99
04-19-15, 10:54 PM
That is amazing!!! How did you stack up that much food without the first batch selling out?! I can't even begin to imagine how angry and upset you must be!! Sent you a PM!

I play almost constantly when I'm at home. I actually left for 10+ days when I went on a trip to Japan earlier this month, everyday I could only cook once and yet I didn't run out of food.

LonePudding
04-19-15, 11:10 PM
I play almost constantly when I'm at home. I actually left for 10+ days when I went on a trip to Japan earlier this month, everyday I could only cook once and yet I didn't run out of food.

One day I hope to have that much food (in reality and in-game!! :p). It just feels like at my level, most of the dishes are not worthy of bringing in the big income (and I really want that chateau stove!!)

cathycathy1
04-20-15, 02:51 AM
L

90k+ Lobster Bisque
90k+ Veggie Sushi
80k+ Baked Salmon
80k+ Baked Potato
50k+ Coq au Vin
30k+ Tuna Casserole
17k+ BLT
17k+ Tomato Soup
9k+ Cr?me Brulee
8k+ Chicken Salad
5k+ Bitterballen
5k+ Stew
2k+ Split Pea Soup
2k+ Cucumber Sandwiches
1k+ Pizza Bread

Wow. That's pretty impressive.

mamareader02
04-20-15, 05:44 AM
Lmbo-they want to give only 2 coins for onion soup,REFRESH!:)

BiggerBubbles
04-20-15, 08:55 AM
Quick? Until yesterday I was getting a reduction in 5 gems to finish for 1 coin dishes, 15 for 2 coin, 35 for 3 coin & 60 for 4 coin. Suddenly I have 168 gems required to finish. 8? Can anyone tell me what all their dishes are currently worth, when they are delivered? I have 3, 4 coin deliveries that will finish about lunchtime tomorrow, depending on when I get up to start the second lot. However my calculations may be out, everything was a multiple of 5. Bit worried.

LonePudding
04-20-15, 08:57 AM
I keep getting stew for 4 cruise coins. Tempting but the potatoes just ruin it for me. 3rd stew refresh!!

orleansparish
04-20-15, 04:00 PM
Lmbo-they want to give only 2 coins for onion soup,REFRESH!:)

2 coins for vanilla milkshake, and strawberry shortcake too. Have they no idea how hard it is to make these things?! Got an offer now for salmon sushi. I'm sitting on a pile of ginger but don't see any fish for sale. Have to decide if I should wait for more to come. I wanna be done with this day! Bad enough I gave them five onions before I realized too late. But its three coins and I've been refreshing all day.

Hula girl should drop some spice. Now that would be cool.

BiggerBubbles
04-20-15, 05:10 PM
Quick? Until yesterday I was getting a reduction in 5 gems to finish for 1 coin dishes, 15 for 2 coin, 35 for 3 coin & 60 for 4 coin. Suddenly I have 168 gems required to finish. 8? Can anyone tell me what all their dishes are currently worth, when they are delivered? I have 3, 4 coin deliveries that will finish about lunchtime tomorrow, depending on when I get up to start the second lot. However my calculations may be out, everything was a multiple of 5. Bit worried.

Hi everyone,

I haven't heard any figures. This morning my 3 dishes were apparently worth 52,51&52 gems off the count. So 4 coin dishes that the previous day had counted for a 60 coin drop are now 52ish. I should have been finished, but still have 13 to pay off. Normally could go for a 2 coin dish previously worth 15, but had better play safe with the 3 coin dish I've been offered. This is TL changing the rules mid challenge. Would really like to know what others are getting if possible.

mommiedrayke
04-20-15, 06:25 PM
My whole problem is that even if you try to get one done a day you still can't complete it because of the sit time in between. I have gotten through 6 days but have used many gems not to wait the 1 day 8 hrs. I feel that I cannot waste any more money on gems so all the time and effort is lost. :( it would cost me about 250 more gems to complete. That's crazy.

queentina3
04-20-15, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't heard any figures. This morning my 3 dishes were apparently worth 52,51&52 gems off the count. So 4 coin dishes that the previous day had counted for a 60 coin drop are now 52ish. I should have been finished, but still have 13 to pay off. Normally could go for a 2 coin dish previously worth 15, but had better play safe with the 3 coin dish I've been offered. This is TL changing the rules mid challenge. Would really like to know what others are getting if possible.

I haven't been tracking mine but will try to remember to do so tomorrow. I can tell you that my orders today, that were very similar to previous days orders, are taking longer for me to get the green bar to the end. I'm hoping the Quiche I have on now finally pushes it over that proverbial edge so I can be done for the day. I can only hope the next days aren't going to be this difficult, but I have a feeling they are. The closer we get to the end the longer it's going to take to finish the green bar so that we'll want to spend gems to just have it over with. :(

royallaura13z
04-20-15, 10:06 PM
You need 50 gems worth of orders more each day. So if one day you need 300. The next day you need 350. Plus, today our gem to boat difficulty ratio dropped. It is becoming VERY difficult to finish. If it took people 5 hours to finish a couple days ago, imagine how long it will take when you need 500 gems worth instead of 200. Like always, the end is too difficult to be reasonably finished. People have school and work. Spending 5+ hours a day is unrealistic. If the pattern keeps up, the last days of this event will be impossible without hundreds of gems. It was fun at first. I thought this would be a good challenge. I am already starting to feel hopeless. I am only half way and i know i will never be able to finish even if i played all day besides work and sleep.

princessimogen
04-20-15, 10:22 PM
You need 50 gems worth of orders more each day. So if one day you need 300. The next day you need 350. Plus, today our gem to boat difficulty ratio dropped. It is becoming VERY difficult to finish. If it took people 5 hours to finish a couple days ago, imagine how long it will take when you need 500 gems worth instead of 200. Like always, the end is too difficult to be reasonably finished. People have school and work. Spending 5+ hours a day is unrealistic. If the pattern keeps up, the last days of this event will be impossible without hundreds of gems. It was fun at first. I thought this would be a good challenge. I am already starting to feel hopeless. I am only half way and i know i will never be able to finish even if i played all day besides work and sleep.

I am getting concerned about actually finishing this on time. With the st patty day challenge I was going away so I made sure to finish before I left. This one handicaps your progress and forces you to play more every day. I have a 48 hr volunteer event this weekend starting on Friday and Fri/Sat are going to be the most difficult days to finish. I'm not sure if it's worth continuing to get the hula dancer when it's not clear what types of tips she will bring.

It would also be nice if the day reset according to your own time zone. I like playing before bed but the new day doesn't start until 3am where I am. Also, it'd be nice if the amount of gems needed to skip to the next day went down as the next day approached.

LonePudding
04-20-15, 11:32 PM
I'm slipping behind a little! Day 4 starts in 30 minutes and I'm still half way through day 3!!

rorie9
04-21-15, 12:46 AM
I didn't plan to start this event for awhile since I'm busy with other things right now. The event window popped up when I wasn't expecting it and I accidentally hit start. I'm pretty upset because I do not have time to complete this.

nmishii
04-21-15, 02:08 AM
Day 6:

Start with 300 gems to complete
1 coin drops gems to complete by 6 gems
2 coins by 18 gems
3 coins by 42 gems
4 coins by 72 gems

So one 4 coin delivery gets you as far along as four 2 coin deliveries.

I completed all 3 recipes yesterday before delivering the last one so got a head start on today's deliveries. I also haven't played much since the last delivery so started off with almost all restocked ingredients. I usually make whatever shows up if I have the ingredients or they won't take much time to restock. I don't use gems or the street market to complete orders.

1 coin - veggie pizza
2 coin - 10 carrots, chicken noodle soup, 10 flour
3 coin - ?, strawberry smoothie, baked salmon, surf and turf
4 coin - tuna casserole

rosewaterlily
04-21-15, 02:17 AM
A got a request for coq au vin today, hit refresh without even looking to see how many coins. If had enough stock on my counters I might have considered cooking one batch, but 6 hours x 2 cooks on only one oven, using both mushrooms and onions? No thanks. It's hard to have stock of things because I don't want to use up the ingredients in case they're requested, but 2x of many hour recipes is just annoying, especially when limited to only one coin bought appliance.

royallaura13z
04-21-15, 06:39 AM
Day 6:

2 coins by 18 gems
3 coins by 42 gems
4 coins by 72 coins

I completed all 3 recipes yesterday before delivering the last one so got a head start on today's deliveries. I also haven't played much since the last delivery so started off with almost all restocked ingredients. I usually make whatever shows up if I have the ingredients or they won't take much time to restock. I don't use gems or the street market to complete orders.

1 coin - veggie pizza
4 coin - tuna casserole

Very interesting! Thank you for the info!!

queentina3
04-21-15, 07:38 AM
Day 6:

2 coins by 18 gems
3 coins by 42 gems
4 coins by 72 coins

1 coin - veggie pizza
4 coin - tuna casserole

That matches with what I've been tracking today nmishii, so it's nice to see that at least we're all getting the same results. I had Chicken and Cream x/10 with a 2 coin and dropped 18 each when I completed them (leftover from yesterday). The Peas were a 4 coin and dropped me 72 (had some already from previous day leftover as well) and now I'm getting mostly 1 coin dishes (Spaghetti & Meatballs, Sugar Cookies, Hamburgers...all dropping 6 each time). I do have a Carrot Cake for 2 coins that I was going to blow off, but figured it's quick and easy so I won't refresh it.

I started the day 300 gems to finish and am right now at 180 gems to finish, so not even halfway, but I figure if I keep getting the 1 or 2 coin dishes, I'll do them as they are quick and easy. I may have to change that if by 5p I still have too far to go, which is what happened last night. I never even finished the day until almost 10p and I started around 7a for my son. That is with checking the game at least every 40 minutes through-out the day. If I wasn't doing this for him while he's at school, there's no way he'd be able to finish. He doesn't have time before school and doesn't get home until 245p, then has homework. If he started after that, he'd never finish the day before bedtime.

KingdomNo735
04-21-15, 09:52 AM
Thanks, this explains a lot. I don't usually find these events nearly impossible, but I am really struggling now with this one. I had to use 5 gems and stay up until 11 pm to finish yesterday's. I was under the assumption that each day was about getting a certain number of coins, but now I see that the coins have different values. Would the strategy then be to only do 3 and 4-coin orders? Are you guys not cooking for anything else in order to stock up on ingredients?

queentina3
04-21-15, 10:12 AM
Thanks, this explains a lot. I don't usually find these events nearly impossible, but I am really struggling now with this one. I had to use 5 gems and stay up until 11 pm to finish yesterday's. I was under the assumption that each day was about getting a certain number of coins, but now I see that the coins have different values. Would the strategy then be to only do 3 and 4-coin orders? Are you guys not cooking for anything else in order to stock up on ingredients?

I'm still cooking other things but stocking up on the really long-term turn-around items like Lobster and Onions. Mushrooms on the other hand I'm just using as I get them as the two dishes I normally make with them, Mushroom Risotto and Stuffed Mushrooms, are only giving 2 coins, and I'm sorry, but TL is absolutely insane to think that I'll give either of those dishes to the boat for a measly 2 coins. LOL!!! Oranges x/10 give me 4 coins, but Mushroom dishes give me 2? SMH @ the absurdity of that!

deucedeuce22
04-21-15, 11:37 AM
I'm still cooking other things but stocking up on the really long-term turn-around items like Lobster and Onions. Mushrooms on the other hand I'm just using as I get them as the two dishes I normally make with them, Mushroom Risotto and Stuffed Mushrooms, are only giving 2 coins, and I'm sorry, but TL is absolutely insane to think that I'll give either of those dishes to the boat for a measly 2 coins. LOL!!! Oranges x/10 give me 4 coins, but Mushroom dishes give me 2? SMH @ the absurdity of that!

Just a note, oranges are far more profitable then mushrooms if you have the juicer and a good fruit market. Apple cider is one of the best recipes in the game, and orange juice makes a few hundred coins in 10 minutes even if you buy the orange off the street market. That orange order takes a lot of coins off your counter.

queentina3
04-21-15, 12:11 PM
Just a note, oranges are far more profitable then mushrooms if you have the juicer and a good fruit market. Apple cider is one of the best recipes in the game, and orange juice makes a few hundred coins in 10 minutes even if you buy the orange off the street market. That orange order takes a lot of coins off your counter.

Oh, I know that, and actually those two juices are what I make most frequently, and veggie when I can't make the others, but it's the point of the turn-around time for mushrooms and them only giving 2 coins for it, not really the cost/profit overall. There are only a few dishes I can make on the chateau stove due to the length of ingredients for many of the items - in fact I mostly make pea soup and prime rib on it, LOL!!! But with mushrooms taking 16 hours and they only want to give me 2 coins? Oranges only take 4 hours and they give me 4 coins for them, know what I mean? The way they price these things seems off in some cases is all. *shrugs*

KadeeDid
04-21-15, 01:00 PM

I am level 28. I do not see this option.

queentina3
04-21-15, 01:04 PM
I am level 28. I do not see this option.

Check the App store and see if there is a download that you've not done yet.

KadeeDid
04-21-15, 01:16 PM
Check the App store and see if there is a download that you've not done yet.

Thanks! Downloading now. Ihave not downloaded most recent apps in several games due to issues and crashing being reported.i thought best to wait until things were working properly. I had not been playing this game due to busy schedule, family issues, mentoring and providing support.

orleansparish
04-21-15, 01:46 PM
I just finished day 6. Now I'll stock up on peas and lemons while I wait 10 hours. If I had the gems to skip I would, because I could be doing a lot in that timeframe. It helps to have extra extra stoves and ovens. All that ginger came in handy when they threw ginger tea at me twice. Which was cruel but I didn't refresh thankfully.

I'll think about buying gems tomorrow so I can focus on the last three parts without a mad dash. Better than using gems to speed up dishes or finish the entire day altogether. Since I have things unlocked it makes it easier. Except for items with long refresh times. 2 coins for mushroom risotto is harsh.

I hope we get a bunch of those mastering spices.

amber006
04-21-15, 02:38 PM
If I need 12 gems to finish the day and I deliver a 2 coin dish (18 gems). What happens to extra 6 gems? Do I lose them or do they get applied for tommorows total?

riches19
04-21-15, 03:05 PM
So I ended up not completing a day on time yesterday - I am almost done Day 5 right now, and it says ship departs in 5 days... Will the ship depart on the 5th day in the morning or evening so I have time to finish last day? Cause if I have no chance of even completing the 10th day I'm not gonna struggle in the mean time.. haha, help!?

vanilla_vodka
04-21-15, 03:09 PM
how many Coins Do we need Each day to Complete Daily Goals ?

20 Coins ?

queentina3
04-21-15, 03:11 PM
If I need 12 gems to finish the day and I deliver a 2 coin dish (18 gems). What happens to extra 6 gems? Do I lose them or do they get applied for tommorows total?

They don't get applied. I checked that this morning as I went over yesterday but still started day 6 with the 300 gem total - same as nmishii.

So I ended up not completing a day on time yesterday - I am almost done Day 5 right now, and it says ship departs in 5 days... Will the ship depart on the 5th day in the morning or evening so I have time to finish last day? Cause if I have no chance of even completing the 10th day I'm not gonna struggle in the mean time.. haha, help!?

It is based off of TL's time - Pacific Time - 12am. That is when the event will end.

I just finished day 6. I hope we get a bunch of those mastering spices.

I just finished as well. Tomorrow I start with Eggs Benedict - 1 coin, Carrot Cake - 2 coins, and Prime Rib - 4 coins. I'll put a Prime Rib on before I go to bed and then swap it for another when I wake up. If I have enough helping hands then I'll speed it up so I don't have to wait the full 4 hours, though I loathe giving the boat Prime Rib (I love selling that). *sighs*

Oh, and I bet we'll just get 2 Mastering Spices, isn't that all we got of the House Blend Spice the other day, 2?

queentina3
04-21-15, 03:13 PM
how many Coins Do we need Each day to Complete Daily Goals ?

20 Coins ?

More than that I think and it changes daily. It seems the closer we get to the end of the event, the more coins you need to complete the day. I think today it was at least 25 coins to finish the day, but I may have gone over so can't be sure. I know I submitted at least 25 coins before the day ended for me - day 6.

vanilla_vodka
04-21-15, 03:27 PM
More than that I think and it changes daily. It seems the closer we get to the end of the event, the more coins you need to complete the day. I think today it was at least 25 coins to finish the day, but I may have gone over so can't be sure. I know I submitted at least 25 coins before the day ended for me - day 6.

OMG, it Requires More Coin Day by Day :eek:

now i am at 5th day
Still Need 108 Gems

How Many Coins Do i Need To Complete this day ?

queentina3
04-21-15, 03:38 PM
OMG, it Requires More Coin Day by Day :eek:

now i am at 5th day
Still Need 108 Gems

How Many Coins Do i Need To Complete this day ?

I think if you have two 3 coin dishes and then a 1 coin dish you should be able to finish with just those three. I think day 5 the 3 coin dishes were in the 50's gem wise and the 1 coin would push you over the limit without losing too much. I just started tracking from today - day 6 and nmishii posted the amounts earlier this AM:

1 coin - 6 gems
2 coins - 18 gems
3 coins - 42 gems
4 coins - 72 gems

So the 3 coin dish dropped by at least 10 gems from day 5 to day 6. :(

deucedeuce22
04-21-15, 03:54 PM
Day 4 gave 5 house spice.

My day seven will start with 500 lox bagels for 3 coins, 10 rice for 3 coins, and 10 salmon for 4 coins. Easy start if not for the fact that I pulled off finished lox bagels to use the deli station and will need to make more, wasting salmon I need for the salmon order.

amber006
04-21-15, 03:56 PM
Thanks queentina3 for answering, wish they would count but now I know. And thanks to everyone for posting their coins/gem count. It's much appreciated, so I can plan just a little 💟

queentina3
04-21-15, 04:33 PM
Day 4 gave 5 house spice.

My day seven will start with 500 lox bagels for 3 coins, 10 rice for 3 coins, and 10 salmon for 4 coins. Easy start if not for the fact that I pulled off finished lox bagels to use the deli station and will need to make more, wasting salmon I need for the salmon order.

Blimey, it was 5? I used that up fast! Hopefully we'll get 5 Master Spice as well, I could use it for the BLT (only thing left to master for that Triple Decker).

You may finish day 7 before me, can you post how many Master Spice it gives?

kelvinj08
04-21-15, 06:00 PM
What is the purpose of the catering helper?

queentina3
04-21-15, 06:07 PM
What is the purpose of the catering helper?

To give you some coins every 4 hours, I guess. I don't know of anyone that's actually hired one so can only go by what TL posted in the first post about them.

kelvinj08
04-21-15, 06:08 PM
You don't receive stars or coins for cooking for cruise ship?

Aud2007
04-21-15, 06:42 PM
Has anyone else noticed that you can set up two of your orders for the next day before you turn in your stuff? What I mean is that when you finish an order that you know is going to finish the day for you, you don't have to turn it in; you can fill the other two orders on the counter before pushing the button to redeem the daily prize, and then they will be ready to submit when you log in the next morning. For example, earlier I was 6 points away from finishing the day. I had yogurt parfait (1 coin), 10 lemons to collect (2 coins), and 10 chickens to collect (2 coins). I knew the one-coin yogurt parfait would finish the day, so I cooked them but waited to submit. I collected more lemons and chickens, then when they were ready I submitted the yogurt parfait and redeemed the daily prize. In the morning, the lemond and chickens I collected will still be there, so I will have 4 coins right off the bat..

If someone has already posted this and I missed it then I apologize, but it's been helping me. Yesterday the orders were harder, so I set up the two I could before finishing the day and then left the third order cooking while I slept.

kelvinj08
04-21-15, 08:13 PM
Thx. I hired one so we shall see what happens

orleansparish
04-21-15, 08:23 PM
Has anyone else noticed that you can set up two of your orders for the next day before you turn in your stuff? What I mean is that when you finish an order that you know is going to finish the day for you, you don't have to turn it in; you can fill the other two orders on the counter before pushing the button to redeem the daily prize, and then they will be ready to submit when you log in the next morning. For example, earlier I was 6 points away from finishing the day. I had yogurt parfait (1 coin), 10 lemons to collect (2 coins), and 10 chickens to collect (2 coins). I knew the one-coin yogurt parfait would finish the day, so I cooked them but waited to submit. I collected more lemons and chickens, then when they were ready I submitted the yogurt parfait and redeemed the daily prize. In the morning, the lemond and chickens I collected will still be there, so I will have 4 coins right off the bat..

If someone has already posted this and I missed it then I apologize, but it's been helping me. Yesterday the orders were harder, so I set up the two I could before finishing the day and then left the third order cooking while I slept.

I think you mean the option to submit them will be there, yes? If so, then yes you have an open window of what you will need for the next day. But if you see a dish and want to wait to turn them in, if they're on the counter they won't be saved.

What annoys me is sometimes I'm allowed to turn in a potion of a dish I have and wait for the rest to cook if I want. And then sometimes o Habe to wait until I have the entire total of a dish before I submit it all at the same time.

orleansparish
04-21-15, 08:27 PM
You don't receive stars or coins for cooking for cruise ship?

I'm being super cheap. I just collected the 40 helping hands and have to wait another day and some change for part 8. I thought for sure I'd be ok with buying gems for the servers to see what they do, but can't bring myself to do it. I did buy 120 gems and used it to speed up a couple dishes. And stupidily used it a couple times to speed up the refresh timer. And then to get to part 7 early. So now I'm out of gems but will have 4 days to finish the last 3 parts. Gonna be SO easy! Note...sarcasm.

DrP4ever
04-21-15, 09:59 PM
I can only play on WiFi a couple times a day. When it was easier to earn it was feasible for me. No longer realistic for me to get the final goal with the short time period to accomplish the goals unfortunately.

nmishii
04-22-15, 12:43 AM
Day 7:

Start with 200 gems to complete.

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 12 gems
3 coins = 28 gems
4 coins = 48 gems

Aud2007
04-22-15, 01:48 AM
I think you mean the option to submit them will be there, yes? If so, then yes you have an open window of what you will need for the next day. But if you see a dish and want to wait to turn them in, if they're on the counter they won't be saved.

What annoys me is sometimes I'm allowed to turn in a potion of a dish I have and wait for the rest to cook if I want. And then sometimes o Habe to wait until I have the entire total of a dish before I submit it all at the same time.

Not exactly; what I meant is that you can fill an order and not deliver it until the next day. Your progress is not lost when you log back in. Once you deliver your orders and collect your daily prize, you can't add to the cruise ship orders. If you wait to collect, however, and keep working on the other orders, then you can have full orders sitting there waiting in the morning.

kelvinj08
04-22-15, 04:08 AM
After day one the credit given for dishes is less. smh

queentina3
04-22-15, 04:43 AM
Day 7:

Start with 200 gems to complete.

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 12 gems
3 coins = 28 gems
4 coins = 48 gems

Yeah, that is what I'm seeing as well, a 33% difference. Though the percentage difference in needed gems is also 33%, 200 today and 300 yesterday, so.......At least they're being consistent. That bar is going to seem to move so slowly today, though I'm hoping the Prime Rib (4 coin)and the Mandarin Salad (3 coin) I have on right now may make it feel less intimidating. LOL!!!!

infinitelove19
04-22-15, 05:43 AM
Not exactly; what I meant is that you can fill an order and not deliver it until the next day. Your progress is not lost when you log back in. Once you deliver your orders and collect your daily prize, you can't add to the cruise ship orders. If you wait to collect, however, and keep working on the other orders, then you can have full orders sitting there waiting in the morning.

I have noticed this, too, and it is a nice way to 'get ahead' on the next day's dishes. I couldn't quite get 10 strawberries yesterday, so while that 4-coin order wasn't complete and ready to deliver, I completed it first thing and sent it off. Nice!!!

Now that I understand the gem/coin conversion, I will be better able to decide what to make vs. refresh and probably won't go out of my way for anything less than three coins. Why 1 coin would only give us 4 gems credit and 4 coins would give us 48 gems credit seems a little bizarre to me though. Shouldn't a coin equal any other coin? I mean if it was equal, you would still have to do 4 1-coin dishes to equal one 4-coin dish, but it seems bizarre that you would have to do TWELVE 1-coin dishes ((4x12=48gems)) to equal ONE 4-coin dish which gives 48 gem credit toward the daily total. <<== That is just feedback to TL about the event; it seems very strange.

infinitelove19
04-22-15, 05:51 AM
Yeah, that is what I'm seeing as well, a 33% difference. Though the percentage difference in needed gems is also 33%, 200 today and 300 yesterday, so.......At least they're being consistent. That bar is going to seem to move so slowly today, though I'm hoping the Prime Rib (4 coin)and the Mandarin Salad (3 coin) I have on right now may make it feel less intimidating. LOL!!!!

I jut noticed the "extra slot" is now also 33% cheaper and only costs 200 gems instead of the 300 it cost yesterday and before. Of course, we are two thirds of the way through the event, so maybe they've discounted it as we only have a few days left? Probably still won't buy it, but if I had purchased anything with gems during this event, that probably would've been it!

Anyone think we'll get future cruises... or maybe daily cruise orders with rotating rewards?
Less intensive than this, but still something for us to do. I think I would enjoy that.

queentina3
04-22-15, 06:02 AM
I jut noticed the "extra slot" is now also 33% cheaper and only costs 200 gems instead of the 300 it cost yesterday and before. Of course, we are two thirds of the way through the event, so maybe they've discounted it as we only have a few days left? Probably still won't buy it, but if I had purchased anything with gems during this event, that probably would've been it!

Anyone think we'll get future cruises... or maybe daily cruise orders with rotating rewards?
Less intensive than this, but still something for us to do. I think I would enjoy that.

I hadn't even noticed the drop in price for the extra slot. I avoid that like the devil it is (gem trap, gem trap, gem trap) LOL!!!

I do hope we have more events like this as it is fun and challenging, but hopefully TL can modify it just a bit by giving us at least half the profit we'd make on selling the dish when we give it to the boat instead. Right now I cringe when I give a high profit dish over as I know I need that coin in order to unlock recipes/ingredients/increase capacity in Fruit Stand, but have to give it to the boat for the cruise coin. Maybe they can also give us half the profit when we hit "deliver" so we're not losing out entirely. Heck even a quarter of the profit would make me happy, anything but 0 profit. *chuckles*

Aud2007
04-22-15, 06:22 AM
I have noticed this, too, and it is a nice way to 'get ahead' on the next day's dishes. I couldn't quite get 10 strawberries yesterday, so while that 4-coin order wasn't complete and ready to deliver, I completed it first thing and sent it off. Nice!!!

Now that I understand the gem/coin conversion, I will be better able to decide what to make vs. refresh and probably won't go out of my way for anything less than three coins. Why 1 coin would only give us 4 gems credit and 4 coins would give us 48 gems credit seems a little bizarre to me though. Shouldn't a coin equal any other coin? I mean if it was equal, you would still have to do 4 1-coin dishes to equal one 4-coin dish, but it seems bizarre that you would have to do TWELVE 1-coin dishes ((4x12=48gems)) to equal ONE 4-coin dish which gives 48 gem credit toward the daily total. <<== That is just feedback to TL about the event; it seems very strange.

Exactly! I have 16 gems left to finish today, so I'm refreshing for a 1-coin and a 2-coin; I'll complete one of them and deliver it, then refresh my other two slots for 4-coin dishes to have ready for the morning before I deliver the second one and claim the daily prize. That way, I'll start out way ahead tomorrow.

Simdiva
04-22-15, 08:05 AM
I hired one and it turns out to be fairly helpful as you can plan much better. I have been able to stop delivering at least 3/4of the way thru and stacking three or four coin orders so that I get the best milage. Less cooking to the ship and I squeeze every single coin I can from the chef.

infinitelove19
04-22-15, 08:14 AM
Exactly! I have 16 gems left to finish today, so I'm refreshing for a 1-coin and a 2-coin; I'll complete one of them and deliver it, then refresh my other two slots for 4-coin dishes to have ready for the morning before I deliver the second one and claim the daily prize. That way, I'll start out way ahead tomorrow.

Haha, yup! I've got my quiche ready and waiting as my last delivery for today, just waiting for my peas to restock, so I can load the full 10 for a four-coin dish tomorrow. Also have a 3-coin Mandarin salad loaded and ready to deliver tomorrow, too. Not sure a salad would taste as good a full day later, but I can't be too concerned about quality, seeing as I can't even taste my dishes...and I doubt anyone has ever gotten digital food poisoning!! ;-)))

Simdiva
04-22-15, 10:23 AM
Using the chef you are able to work it so you can have all four coin dishes set up if you get up early enough and start right At midnight. You get a coin at the start of the day or more if they have been accumulating (the chef cooks even when your day is over) and then an additional coin every four hours. therefore what this means is you can easily plan your day so that when you are can pend in all three or four coin dishes as long as you have enough time for your chef to finish out the last part of the meter for you. In this manner, you can control all three dishes. for example, Today I only cooked antipasto, a couple rounds of stocking cucumbers and flour and one minor cook for one coin. I have ginger tea and a lobster dish prepping for tomorrow, and looking for another four coin. I will use the chef for the remainder and won't accept the coins till my cooking is finished as I am down to the two coin mark. This is with a midnight start, (barely, I was asleep before 12:30), and started the day again around eight. I worked the entire event essentially with one slot and I had to unlock the tea which was in the second batch as was lobster which I had to wait for. I so hate being short in coins, nearly half a mill yesterday and less than 50k today! These machines and recipes are getting pricey, I shudder to think what the chateau oven will cost. Queenie once you finish the blt it gets worse, the triple decker takes loads of beef and mayo lol.

LonePudding
04-22-15, 02:57 PM
Hi!

My gem total just went from 116 to 65 (51 gems) for sending 10 salmons for 4 cruise coins. Can anyone tell me which day I'm on? I've confused myself.

Aud2007
04-22-15, 03:27 PM
What is the prize for finishing? That will tell you the day.

Aud2007
04-22-15, 03:41 PM
Haha, yup! I've got my quiche ready and waiting as my last delivery for today, just waiting for my peas to restock, so I can load the full 10 for a four-coin dish tomorrow. Also have a 3-coin Mandarin salad loaded and ready to deliver tomorrow, too. Not sure a salad would taste as good a full day later, but I can't be too concerned about quality, seeing as I can't even taste my dishes...and I doubt anyone has ever gotten digital food poisoning!! ;-)))

Haha, you and I are on the same wavelength!

LonePudding
04-22-15, 03:44 PM
What is the prize for finishing? That will tell you the day.

20,000 coins. I'm sure I've slipped behind so I'm not sure if I'm on day 5 or 6:(

queentina3
04-22-15, 03:56 PM
20,000 coins. I'm sure I've slipped behind so I'm not sure if I'm on day 5 or 6:(

You're on day 5. In your game when you pull up the cruise ship, just count the rewards at the top and that will tell you what day you're on.

maizee0404
04-22-15, 04:12 PM
Mines in day 3...but the timer says 4 days left im lost?

queentina3
04-22-15, 05:11 PM
I think there is some confusion over when the boat leaves compared to when people start. The boat leaves in 4 days, regardless of how many days you have completed. If you're on day 4, day 5, day 6, etc... when the boat leaves, then the only prizes you'll get are those that you've finished the days for. You can start the boat anytime, but it would still leave 10 days from when the event initially started, at least that is what I think based off of the first post made by the Storm 8 CM.

Kooky, can you get clarification from TL on if the boat will leave for EVERYONE at the same time, or do people have 10 days from when THEY started the orders before it leaves?

maizee0404 and LonePudding, if the boat does leave the same time for everyone, in 4 days, you guys are going to have to rush and get caught up with the rest of us by doing multiple days in one TL day. At least you won't have to unlock the day with gems because as soon as you finish a day, you'll immediately have the next started since you're behind in days.

cocauina
04-22-15, 07:20 PM
I think there is some confusion over when the boat leaves compared to when people start. The boat leaves in 4 days, regardless of how many days you have completed. If you're on day 4, day 5, day 6, etc... when the boat leaves, then the only prizes you'll get are those that you've finished the days for. You can start the boat anytime, but it would still leave 10 days from when the event initially started, at least that is what I think based off of the first post made by the Storm 8 CM.

Kooky, can you get clarification from TL on if the boat will leave for EVERYONE at the same time, or do people have 10 days from when THEY started the orders before it leaves?

maizee0404 and LonePudding, if the boat does leave the same time for everyone, in 4 days, you guys are going to have to rush and get caught up with the rest of us by doing multiple days in one TL day. At least you won't have to unlock the day with gems because as soon as you finish a day, you'll immediately have the next started since you're behind in days.

I only started this today.. and honestly everyone should had 10 days to finish the event after they start it, at least the Dragon Tales feature from Dragon Story was like this, the players received a new event at the same day and time, and we had until a specific day to start the event or we could wait until the specific day and were forced to start the event, but whatever was the time and day that we started the event, the timer was the same for everyone, 7 days to complete the event.

cquinn32
04-22-15, 08:56 PM
Anyone else notice that in the first post one of the pictures shows a gem sale? I've yet to see any sale on gems.

nmishii
04-23-15, 12:28 AM
Day 8:

300 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 12 gems
3 coins = 28 gems
4 coins = 48 gems

Same coins to gems as yesterday, but need 300 total instead of 200.

Note that I sent 1, 2, and 4 coin deliveries, but need to wait 1:45 for my beef to restock for a 3 coin delivery. Assuming its 28 coins like yesterday. If not I'll correct it later.

deucedeuce22
04-23-15, 02:17 AM
Day 8:

300 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 12 gems
3 coins = 28 gems
4 coins = 48 gems

Note that I sent 1, 2, and 4 coin deliveries, but need to wait 1:45 for my beef to restock for a 3 coin delivery. Assuming its 28 coins like yesterday. If not I'll correct it later.

It is 28 for a 3 coin delivery today, all five of my orders have been 3 coin today and I'm at 140 done out of 300.

cathycathy1
04-23-15, 03:17 AM
I wasn't allowed to "close" my resteraunt last night while I waited for the 5 hours to pass for my timer to start again. So even though there was something blocking my door and there were no people in my restaurant all my food got sold. In the past blocking the door meant no sales and whatever food you had on your counters remained.

This means I had to recook all that food and i couldn't just click on the items when I was allowed to start the new day's order of the cruise. It's bad enough there are mandatory "rest periods" but now we aren't allowed to decided to wait?

queentina3
04-23-15, 03:54 AM
Everyone has ten days to finish from when they start. That's common sense. Read people.

I did read which is why I want clarification from TL. There are people that didn't start that first day yet their ship says it is leaving the same time as those that DID start that first day. So if they really had the same 10 days that I did, why would their ship state its leaving the same day?

Directly from the first post:

The Ship will only be docked for the next 10 days. Each day, the Director will give you his menu and it is your task to fulfill the orders and keep his passengers happy. Each menu item or ingredient you provide to the passengers will earn you a certain number of Cruise Coins.

Day 8:

300 gems

1 coin = 4 gems
2 coins = 12 gems
3 coins = 28 gems
4 coins = 48 gems

It is 28 for a 3 coin delivery today, all five of my orders have been 3 coin today and I'm at 140 done out of 300.

Thanks to both of you for keeping those that get up later updated with what to expect. :)

I wasn't allowed to "close" my resteraunt last night while I waited for the 5 hours to pass for my timer to start again. So even though there was something blocking my door and there were no people in my restaurant all my food got sold. In the past blocking the door meant no sales and whatever food you had on your counters remained.

This means I had to recook all that food and i couldn't just click on the items when I was allowed to start the new day's order of the cruise. It's bad enough there are mandatory "rest periods" but now we aren't allowed to decided to wait?

In order to not sell food you have to remove or turn the chairs away from the tables. If the customers can't sit, they can't eat. Blocking your door does not keep them from coming inside your restaurant, even if you don't see them.

Simdiva
04-23-15, 04:59 AM
I gather from reading the original post that the ship is leaving at the same time for everyone, it doesn't make a lot of sense for this particular event to be start and finish when you want. It is very obvious it is a timed event and it is nice that there are actually loopholes that allow us to finish early or to catch up If need be. Actually ground that one post to be a bit insulting, usually posts here are very friendly.

cathycathy1
04-23-15, 07:03 AM
In order to not sell food you have to remove or turn the chairs away from the tables. If the customers can't sit, they can't eat. Blocking your door does not keep them from coming inside your restaurant, even if you don't see them.

Thanks. Don't know why it never dawned on me that they would be so desperate for food that they are jumping through windows or something just to get in the place but refuse to eat if they can't sit while doing so. :rolleyes:

freesiawoods
04-23-15, 07:53 AM
Cocauina, I believe that like me, you were force started some three days ago. I got a notification and so started cooking. The timer started counting down so we have 7 days left.

LonePudding
04-23-15, 09:26 AM

Thank you for the help! My boat leaves in 5 days and I'm on the 5th prize. I didn't think I only started 1 day late but I guess I did!!

Queentina, will turning my chairs guarantee that I won't lose food and gain money? It's really hard to keep my counters fully stacked when my food is being eaten by invisible customers!!!

kooky panda
04-23-15, 10:15 AM

I think you are right, but I am trying to get some clarification.

queentina3
04-23-15, 10:18 AM
Thank you for the help! My boat leaves in 5 days and I'm on the 5th prize. I didn't think I only started 1 day late but I guess I did!!

Queentina, will turning my chairs guarantee that I won't lose food and gain money? It's really hard to keep my counters fully stacked when my food is being eaten by invisible customers!!!

You won't lose food as they won't be eating it, but you also won't gain money because they won't be eating it. It's a double edged sword. You have to figure out which is more important at the moment, getting a decent stock of food, or making money. Personally I just let my food run out as when I log into the game every morning, all my appliances are full and I immediately unload them onto the counters, so the customers can eat again. There have been a few times in the middle of the day where I can't unload an appliance as I don't have the counter space and have to wait for a dish to sell before I can move the one off the appliance - but it's rare and only happens occasionally and usually when I've made a dish to use up ingredients that I hadn't made in awhile. Overnight I've never kept my counters filled. Every day they're empty when I open my game. I like to think of my customers as gremlins....DON'T FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT! :p

There is another way to stop them from eating you out of house and home, and it may be easier for some....block the front of the host podium, or move it so it's a space away from the door, then use dividers on the two sides so the customers can only get at the host. They'll go to him, find they can't get at the rest of your restaurant, and turn around and head right back out again. I do that when I redecorate just to keep them out of my way. I do the same in RS 1, which I need to redecorate over there soon. :eek:

ETA: Thanks Kooky, it would be nice to know for sure, especially for those that are behind. I'd hate for them to think they have time and then the boat leaves on them earlier than they thought, missing out on Luana. :(

cocauina
04-23-15, 10:53 AM
Cocauina, I believe that like me, you were force started some three days ago. I got a notification and so started cooking. The timer started counting down so we have 7 days left.

Don't know, but I only started yesterday with 8 days left and I started because I saw this event in TL's facebook page..

ElaineCarrel
04-23-15, 11:37 AM
WTF HAPPENED!!! I just switched from my iPhone to my iPad and immediately went to the game and the cute little cruise ship picture u press to discover what ur orders r has disappeared. ACCORDING TO THE DAY COUNT I STILL HAD 3 DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE SHIP LEFT PORT. I checked the dock and the ship is still there.

HELP HELP HELP

queentina3
04-23-15, 11:39 AM
WTF HAPPENED!!! I just switched from my iPhone to my iPad and immediately went to the game and the cute little cruise ship picture u press to discover what ur orders r has disappeared. ACCORDING TO THE DAY COUNT I STILL HAD 3 DAYS LEFT BEFORE THE SHIP LEFT PORT. I checked the dock and the ship is still there.

HELP HELP HELP

You can still see your orders if you click on the blue hot dishes at the event area.

biba999
04-23-15, 11:46 AM
Is there a way besides paying 250 gems for adding a slot?

ElaineCarrel
04-23-15, 11:48 AM
You can still see your orders if you click on the blue hot dishes at the event area.

Thx for ur quick response. It would've been nice if we'd been told about this b4 it happened all of a sudden. I really appreciate ur help w any questions or problems I have w this game. I know I can count on u.

queentina3
04-23-15, 12:03 PM
Thx for ur quick response. It would've been nice if we'd been told about this b4 it happened all of a sudden. I really appreciate ur help w any questions or problems I have w this game. I know I can count on u.

No problem. I noticed it as well and got worried, until I checked the hot dishes, then I breathed a sigh of relief. LOL!!!

mamareader02
04-23-15, 12:25 PM
My customers are starving,I keep all appliances at ready for orders for the ship

orleansparish
04-23-15, 12:49 PM
My customers are starving,I keep all appliances at ready for orders for the ship

I started blocking my door for a few hours a couple days ago. Making little dishes. Now I'm stocking crime br?l?e, tuna casserole, lobster Thermidor and bisque, plus a few other dishes. I serve the bots for a few hours, then lock the doors again to save ingredients. When my day started I was able to hand over six orders immediately. In an hour I'm blocking the door again while I stockpile more dishes and ingredients.

I should be finished with this day in about four hours. So a little maneuvering and I got done with everything in less than 8 hours. It sucked that I had to spend money on three more counters but I want hula girl, so bad!

I just hope it doesn't take super long to get to day 9. I'm out of gems. But I'll try to get my orders ready when I turn the last things in.

LonePudding
04-23-15, 02:22 PM

HELP HELP HELP

The side icon disappeared for me too. Now I have to scroll all the way over, but it's not like my place is massive so it doesn't take more than 2 slides to make it over there. My place is actually really small :(....

Thanks again queen!! I'm really not that bothered about the coins right now, so it's time to get stacking!!

Danielle1163
04-23-15, 03:22 PM
I started blocking my door for a few hours a couple days ago. Making little dishes. Now I'm stocking crime br?l?e, tuna casserole, lobster Thermidor and bisque, plus a few other dishes. I serve the bots for a few hours, then lock the doors again to save ingredients. When my day started I was able to hand over six orders immediately. In an hour I'm blocking the door again while I stockpile more dishes and ingredients.

I should be finished with this day in about four hours. So a little maneuvering and I got done with everything in less than 8 hours. It sucked that I had to spend money on three more counters but I want hula girl, so bad!

I just hope it doesn't take super long to get to day 9. I'm out of gems. But I'll try to get my orders ready when I turn the last things in.

What is HULA GIRL going to do that you want her so bad???

FrozenTurtle
04-23-15, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone, just giving some clarification (added to the first post as well):

Everyone will get 10 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you did not start the event by Monday, it was automatically started for you. Good luck! :)

queentina3
04-23-15, 05:28 PM
Thanks FrozenTurtle for the update! Many can breathe a sigh of relief now. :)

CindysTNFarm
04-23-15, 08:28 PM

YES!!! I would love an answer to this because the other prizes such as the pig and the fire don't seem to be anything at all. We've worked so hard to get through this for what??? All we're doing is giving up gems and food that is worth a lot of coin value and really getting nothing worth anything of value in return. I don't think the return on investment was worth anything in the end other than a few of the intermittent prizes such as the Quick Serves and Spices.

CindysTNFarm
04-23-15, 09:50 PM
Is there a way besides paying 250 gems for adding a slot?

No. That's the only option.

orleansparish
04-23-15, 10:32 PM

I don't know what she does. That's why I want her, to find out! Haha...

She can't be any worse than CID. Maybe she will drop some spices? Or gems? It's a mystery and I wanna unlock it!

nmishii
04-23-15, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone, just giving some clarification (added to the first post as well):

Everyone will get 10 days to complete the event from the time they tap to start. If you did not start the event by Monday, it was automatically started for you. Good luck! :)

So if a person started on Apr 16 11:05 am PDT (time stamp of first post in this thread), then that person has until Apr 26 11:05 am PDT to complete the event and unlock Luana, correct?

Since the 10th goal in the event starts for them at Apr 25 12:00 am PDT, that person has 35:05 hrs to complete that goal to unlock Luana by Apr 26 11:05 am PDT, correct?

And since I personally started the goals after 9:00 pm PDT on Apr 16, I have over 45 hrs to unlock Luana, correct?

If a person autostarted the event on Mon Apr 20, did the second goal unlock for them on Apr 21 12:00 am PDT? So on Apr 25 12:00 am PDT they are starting the 6th goal to unlock the pig when the people who started on the first day are starting the 10th goal to unlock Luana, correct? And the people who started on Mon Apr 20 will start the 10th goal to unlock Luana on Apr 29th 12:00 am PDT, correct?

All this assumes normal progression, i.e., gems are not used to unlock goals early.

Since we all tapped to start at different times, and many don't remember exactly when they started the event, will there be a count down timer that will be specific to each person? This would be nice so the event doesn't end for people before they think it should.

Hope to get this clarified on Fri since the event will end for many on Sunday.

gorikil
04-24-15, 12:07 AM
Day 9. : 500 cruise coin for quest completion

4 cruise coin = 66 /67 gems.
Any update for 3 , 2 and 1 ?

nmishii
04-24-15, 12:14 AM

I sent out two 3 coin deliveries. 38 / 39 gems.

So I think 3 coins = 38.5 gems and 4 coins = 66.5 gems.

cocoquillette
04-24-15, 12:17 AM

A 4 coin dish is 66, a 2 coin dish is 20, a 1 coin dish is 5.
Good luck everyone!

gorikil
04-24-15, 12:27 AM
A 4 coin dish is 66, a 2 coin dish is 20, a 1 coin dish is 5.
Good luck everyone!

I sent out two 3 coin deliveries. 38 / 39 gems.

So I think 3 coins = 38.5 gems and 4 coins = 66.5 gems.

Oke. It is not too bad afterall. Thanks for head up , guys.

cocoquillette
04-24-15, 01:49 AM
Oke. It is not too bad afterall. Thanks for head up , guys.

Just got 16 gems for a 2 coin dish...

CastielMC
04-24-15, 02:03 AM
I don't think I can finish the catering on time as I didn't have much time playing this week. I'm wondering if the event is one-time thing or will it come back some time in the future?

nmishii
04-24-15, 02:03 AM
Just got 16 gems for a 2 coin dish...

I got 17 gems for a 2 coin dish. That's 20, 16, 17 for a 2 coin dish. So maybe there's a range for each and what you get is random?

dragon2046
04-24-15, 02:47 AM
I don't know what she does. That's why I want her, to find out! Haha...

She can't be any worse than CID. Maybe she will drop some spices? Or gems? It's a mystery and I wanna unlock it!
SPOILER ALERT. If u want to to what Luana drops read below if not skip !

Luana so far has dropped me 1000 coins once and 2000 coins twice. So far for me anyways it's been coins. She is a very good tipper. Lol. Enjoy everyone. :)

queentina3
04-24-15, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the info, dragon2046. :)

This is what I've seen thus far:

Start = 500 gems
Cucumber - 10/10 - 2 coins = 16 gems
Mayo - 10/10 - 4 coins = 66 gems
Margherita Pizza - 1 coin = 6 gems
Cream - 10/10 - 2 coins = Not given yet.
Seaweed - 10/10 - 2 coins = 17 gems
Cheesecake - 2 coins = Not given yet.
Peas - 10/10 - 4 coins = 67 gems
Spaghetti & Meatball - 1 coin = 5 gems.

I'm wondering if when I give the Cream if it will give me 16 gems again, and then when I turn in the Cheesecake if it will give me 17 gems, almost like it just swaps between the two. The lower gem amount is given first, then the higher gem amount second, then it goes back to the lower gem amount maybe???

cocoquillette
04-24-15, 05:07 AM
I guess I wasn't woken enough this morning and that my 20 gems for a 2 coin dish were actually 17! :confused:

lizzpolselli
04-24-15, 05:27 AM
Just wondering if this is the last day? I'm on the volcano for 500 gems. Or is there one day left to actually unlock the hula girl?? My counter is gone on my phone. :/

Thanks for any help.

queentina3
04-24-15, 05:53 AM
Just wondering if this is the last day? I'm on the volcano for 500 gems. Or is there one day left to actually unlock the hula girl?? My counter is gone on my phone. :/

Thanks for any help.

If you click on the blue hot plates it will open up the order sheet and at the top it states how long before the boat leaves for you. I'm on the same thing you are, the Volcano, and my boat states it is leaving in 43 hours.

dragon2046
04-24-15, 05:54 AM

Thanks for any help.

Yes there is another day to unlock luana ! :)

Aud2007
04-24-15, 06:28 AM
Yes there is another day to unlock luana ! :)

What are the requirements for the last day? I'm on the volcano day where we need 500 gems, is it higher on the last day?

fatbearsecondary
04-24-15, 07:59 AM
I'm wondering if when I give the Cream if it will give me 16 gems again, and then when I turn in the Cheesecake if it will give me 17 gems, almost like it just swaps between the two. The lower gem amount is given first, then the higher gem amount second, then it goes back to the lower gem amount maybe???

So, for simple-minded folks (like myself) that want this info all in once place, here's the gem boosts for day 9:

Total: 500 gems, volcano reward

4 coins: 66-67 gems
3 coins: 38-39 gems
2 coins: 16-17 gems
1 coin: 5-6 gems

dragon2046
04-24-15, 09:04 AM
What are the requirements for the last day? I'm on the volcano day where we need 500 gems, is it higher on the last day?

I can't remember. Sorry :(

Aud2007
04-24-15, 09:25 AM
I can't remember. Sorry :(

That's ok, thank you for the reply! I guess I will find out soon enough;)

xxangelmariexxx
04-24-15, 09:53 AM
Playing this game nonstop and I feel like I am going no where.....I am on day 8 and the ship leaves in 39 hours.....not sure if I am going to make it...ugh

infinitelove19
04-24-15, 11:14 AM
So if a person started on Apr 16 11:05 am PDT (time stamp of first post in this thread), then that person has until Apr 26 11:05 am PDT to complete the event and unlock Luana, correct?

Since the 10th goal in the event starts for them at Apr 25 12:00 am PDT, that person has 35:05 hrs to complete that goal to unlock Luana by Apr 26 11:05 am PDT, correct?

And since I personally started the goals after 9:00 pm PDT on Apr 16, I have over 45 hrs to unlock Luana, correct?

If a person autostarted the event on Mon Apr 20, did the second goal unlock for them on Apr 21 12:00 am PDT? So on Apr 25 12:00 am PDT they are starting the 6th goal to unlock the pig when the people who started on the first day are starting the 10th goal to unlock Luana, correct? And the people who started on Mon Apr 20 will start the 10th goal to unlock Luana on Apr 29th 12:00 am PDT, correct?

All this assumes normal progression, i.e., gems are not used to unlock goals early.

Since we all tapped to start at different times, and many don't remember exactly when they started the event, will there be a count down timer that will be specific to each person? This would be nice so the event doesn't end for people before they think it should.

Hope to get this clarified on Fri since the event will end for many on Sunday.

Everyone has ten days from when they started, unless you started after Monday in which case it started automatically. However, each day ends at midnight Pacific time, so it ends at midnight, 10 days later, regardless of what time you started.

Everyone should have their own timer, but I am unsure as to what happens if you don't complete a day. Maybe it stays on day 1 until you complete it, and then day 2 starts automatically? Each new day unlocks at midnight, so I *think* the last day would expire at midnight, even if previous days did not. That said, the timer should indicate, in hours on the last day, how much time you have left. I would highly recommend getting "ahead" as much as possible. Good luck!

Edited to clarify that the last day *does* end at midnight Pacific time, regardless of what time of day you first unlock the event.

queentina3
04-24-15, 11:23 AM
The timer is already there for me and I'm on day 9 - Volcano. It is 2:22p where I am right now, 11:22a for TL, and I have 37 hours left from this moment to complete today and Luana (tomorrow). The event ends and the boat leaves for me at 12a Sunday morning/Saturday night. I'm pretty sure that once people get within the 48 hour window of the event ending it moves from days to hours, they just need to tap on the blue hot plates and look at the top of the Pop-Up, it will say "Cruise Ship Departs in xxx Hours".

infinitelove19
04-24-15, 11:28 AM
The timer is already there for me and I'm on day 9 - Volcano. It is 2:22p where I am right now, 11:22a for TL, and I have 37 hours left from this moment to complete today and Luana (tomorrow). The event ends and the boat leaves for me at 12a Sunday morning/Saturday night. I'm pretty sure that once people get within the 48 hour window of the event ending it moves from days to hours, they just need to tap on the blue hot plates and look at the top of the Pop-Up, it will say "Cruise Ship Departs in xxx Hours".

I just saw that on mine now. The icon of the boat on the main page still says 2 days, but the screen with the orders has the time left, displayed at the top of the screen, and it definitely ends at midnight Pacific time. :-)