PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty obtaining Volumes of Encyclopedia Bestiary for Dragon Goal

akocek
04-15-15, 07:58 AM
Hi all, I found my dragon egg about 2 weeks ago and have been checking my lvl 5 Library regularly since then and haven't gotten a single volume of Encyclopedia Bestiary to complete this goal. Has anyone else had similar issues? Do I need multiple Libraries to accomplish this goal? Many thanks for any help!

flovisa
04-15-15, 08:31 AM
You're not the only one having troubles finding the books... I guess we just have to be patient and they will star dropping, but I have heard some say they found their books on lower level libraries... Idk ;) just keep it up!!

tigarlilyvol
04-15-15, 09:07 AM
This will take a long time, if you can, think about having more libraries (I ended up with 3).

GarfieldandPookie
04-15-15, 09:15 AM
I have six libraries- one is at level 5, one at level 4, and 4 at level 2. I got the dragon quest less than 1 week ago and I currently have 4 encyclopedias of bestiary. I think the best strategy is to build multiple libraries. It only requires wooden beams and blocks to build to level 2.

mehershey
04-15-15, 09:21 AM
I've had the quest for almost two weeks. I thought I'd only gotten 6 so far but when I looked at my inventory, I actually had 8! I have two libraries (level 5 and level 3), and I'm getting as many drops from my level three as my level 5. I hope I get the last two soon - I'm also working on the Glimmergate quest and I'm going to need dragon scales!

withywindle
04-15-15, 11:22 AM
Same here, dragon egg dropped four days ago and still no bestiary from my level four library. Comforting to know i am not alone needing patience ! I wish us all good luck!

Castloninian
04-15-15, 11:38 AM
My experience was that L1 dropped as much (or as little) as higher level libraries. I think I had 3 or 5 libraries of which only 1 level 5 but it still tooks many weeks to get them all.

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 11:47 AM
Yep... this goal is ridiculous. :rolleyes: I've had it for over a week, two libraries, two books. I'm thinking about building another couple, but I hardly have the space.

Honestly, it's tempting just to skip it. It only costs 5 gems per book. I may try to get just a couple more and then skip the rest.

meme1098
04-15-15, 11:56 AM
This is another goal that requires patience. I had about 4 libraries at the time & the books drop sporadically to say the least. Wait til you need the spellbooks for upgrading the wizard schools. Each level requires more & more books, level5 requires 75.

***Remember!!! Patience is a virtue! :) Many future goals will continue to test your patience but just keep collecting every time you can & the goal will eventually be done.

mehershey
04-15-15, 12:05 PM
I'm at wizard school level 3 and I currently have 95 spell books - will I get a goal to upgrade all the way to 5 or should I work on that now?

meme1098
04-15-15, 12:11 PM
Don't think there's a goal associated with the wizard school.:confused:

I just upgraded both of mine as I could since level 5 gives you 10 (1 energy to collect actually gives you 9).
Kept the workshop & potion shop crafting constantly to help that along since upgrades require builders pastes & royal blocks too besides just collecting for spellbooks.

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 12:27 PM
Yeah I haven't had time to focus on upgrading my wizard schools... getting them both to level 3 was relatively easy but to go to level 4, the spellbooks are the least of my problems. 150,000 coins? Never can spare that. 8 royal blocks isn't too difficult except now I'm always short on silver ore. And 4 builders paste? I'm currently trying to make 3 magic cement for faerie respite. Soooo the wizard schools have to stay at level 3. They are still awesome.

Maybe I should make it a priority to upgrade them further.... it seems like I'm going to be hitting a roadblock waiting for mithril soon, so I guess I can do it then.

withywindle
04-15-15, 01:32 PM
I will be patient and wait it out with my one library, it will take the time it takes. Am currently working on fairy respite and expanding toward the glimmer gate. i move slowly but love this game so not looking forward to running out of goals !

tuffyjkitten
04-15-15, 02:21 PM
Yes the bestiaries took quite a long time but then I only have 1 library. But that was nothing compared to the rest of the steps and the burning ember. Just takes patience. For the first dragon egg I got the ember on the first try. Then I got the second dragon egg in February...no ember yet.

roguebee
04-15-15, 06:13 PM
The second ember can take a while, especially if you don't do that many adventures to the Burning Sands. I'm still waiting on my second ember and I have 7 eggs in storage.

totalwasteoftime
04-15-15, 11:59 PM
I agree... Books drop soooo slowly! My books for the dragon egg took forever even with multiple libraries (and my lower level seemed to drop just as well as the higher ones). The spell books take a long time too - my wizard school is a level 4 and it takes 70 to do the next level up but I'm only halfway there! But I'd save your gems for skipping timed goals (if we get more of those) or buying a gem item that helps with needed inventory (a mermaid pond, a sap tree, glimmer dust trove, etc). While you are waiting, work on other goals or use the Hub to look ahead to the subsequent goals (for the dragon) or level requirements (for the wizard school) so you have built up inventory for whatever you're going to need once the books finally come in!

akocek
04-16-15, 08:04 AM
I am definitely okay with patience but was worried that something was wrong with not a single book in over two weeks. I am building more libraries now despite not having space. Between this goal and hoping for a random lovecupine to pop up when I only have 1 pink alicorn, I will be waiting a while!

robotparade
04-17-15, 07:16 PM
I have one level 4 library and have 4 copies of the bestiary so far. I think it is just going to be a very slow process.

aceswfe
04-27-15, 03:49 PM
It's not registering when I visit my library. Anyone else having this problem?

queentina3
04-27-15, 03:52 PM
It will only register when you actually get a Bestiary Book from the Library.

See goal chain here >>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=627866&viewfull=1#post627866

aceswfe
04-27-15, 04:01 PM
Oh! So I'm visiting the library in the hopes of finding a book, with every book I find, it registers?

GarfieldandPookie
04-27-15, 05:16 PM
Yes, it will register with every book you find. A lot of people suggest building multiple libraries and then storing them when you are done. I had 6 libraries when I did this step and completed it in about 2 weeks. However, it takes longer for some people.

Korlcek
04-28-15, 12:36 AM
I've been collecting from a level 3 library for a week now and did not get a single bestiary. I'll upgrade the library after the timed event and see which are the "higher" level libraries that drop the book.

Chaotarch
04-28-15, 03:03 AM
I've been collecting from a level 3 library for a week now and did not get a single bestiary. I'll upgrade the library after the timed event and see which are the "higher" level libraries that drop the book.

lol, dont upgrade, didnt count:cool:
there must be meanwhile a four or five threads about that...

becachic99
04-28-15, 04:07 AM
Here is a picture of what you are looking for

SpiritWind00
04-28-15, 04:30 AM
Merged duplicate threads.... :)

robotparade
04-28-15, 12:55 PM
I just got two Bestiaries aar once from my library. Level 5

tigerlillyherron
04-29-15, 04:02 PM
You have to have 1 lvl 5 library and another lvl 1 library that you can collect from at the very same time.
You can't click on one library and then click on something else..then collect from the other afterward. It has to be succession.
i built my second library last week and maxed out the other at lvl 5.
I now have 5 books..
i've been working on other goals and storylines as well so i don't think much about it. I recommend just making a habit of collecting from libraries above all else and they will come in time. :)
goodluck :)

burritosprings
04-29-15, 05:25 PM
You have to have 1 lvl 5 library and another lvl 1 library that you can collect from at the very same time.
You can't click on one library and then click on something else..then collect from the other afterward. It has to be succession.
i built my second library last week and maxed out the other at lvl 5.
I now have 5 books..
i've been working on other goals and storylines as well so i don't think much about it. I recommend just making a habit of collecting from libraries above all else and they will come in time. :)
goodluck :)

what???

Korlcek
04-29-15, 10:28 PM
Got my fist bestiary today from a lvl.3 library.

tigerlillyherron
04-30-15, 07:30 AM
what???

You need to have at least TWO libraries built!
One of the libraries NEED to be UPGRADED TO LVL 5. The other lib can be lvl 1.
You have to collect from ALL libraries consecutively.
That means YOU CANNOT COLLECT FROM LVL 5 LIBRARY, then jump to the cows or crops and then go back to the other library
to collect.
I now have 6 books as of 10 mins ago. Only have two libraries. Lvl 5 and lvl 1.
Only been collecting for less than two weeks.

Korlcek
04-30-15, 07:56 AM
You need to have at least TWO libraries built!
You have to collect from ALL libraries consecutively.

I doubt the formula relaties to previous selection in the function that decides what drops. I'm pretty sure its just random with a certain probability.

shambalaya
04-30-15, 11:10 AM
It makes sense to collect from all libraries at the same time, but it will not affect the drop rate if you don't. Also, more libraries makes it go faster of course, but it isn't strictly necessary if you're blessed with infinite patience ;) I built 6 libraries for the occation!

BahSunFarms
10-30-15, 12:51 PM
Should I not expand to the glimmer gate (dragon scales) until I've had my dragon for a while?
I only have 1 encyclopedia in 4 days, so I'm thinking this will take forever to hatch my dragon egg.