PDA

View Full Version : Kitsune and Caboodle

Pages : [1] 2

FigmentValley
04-14-15, 11:32 AM
7 days
edit(KP)
Part 1: put any 2 animals in the breeding den... BUT since...
Part 2: hatch a solar simian you can save time by putting in fire & nature, which I did not know

Part 3
Feed Solar Simian 50 times.
Part 4
Collect Prickly Pear Cactus (240 I think) - From Harvesting Crops.
I believe that's the last step.

I guess I'm glad I did not get that 45 hour breeding!

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:33 AM
Part 1: put any 2 animals in the breeding den... BUT since...
Part 2: hatch a solar simian you can save time by putting in fire & nature, which I did not know

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:34 AM
You beat me to it!

Part 2 = hatch a solar simian.

So in part 1, if you breed fire + nature, you may save a lot of time that I wasted by starting a long breed with other elements. :( Ah, well. My forging ahead will save others' time if not myself.

LonePudding
04-14-15, 11:35 AM
I just learnt part 2 the hard way.... At least my breed time is only 6 hours...

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:36 AM
I thought there might be some sort of quest or event or something today. It looks fun. I planted rune prunes yesterday afternoon in anticipation and I need to remember to NOT collect them until we find out if collecting food is one of the later steps.

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:38 AM
I just learnt part 2 the hard way.... At least my breed time is only 6 hours...

You are lucky! Mine is a 12:00 fail. :(

Anyway, the other thread was started before mine so we should move discussion over there. Kooky will surely be along soon to either combine them into one, or lock this one.

FigmentValley
04-14-15, 11:39 AM
Thank you for taking the hit Zenobia. It helps everyone else. I'm sorry it is hard on you. :(

LonePudding
04-14-15, 11:39 AM
The prize is adorable! I hope she's not an ugly epic

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 11:40 AM
Yeah my fail is 12 hour also, who wants to bet we will only get fairy ferrets.

FigmentValley
04-14-15, 11:40 AM
Good idea on the food. I'm just trying to feedmy newly liberated Treent. I planted the 5 hour thingies, without thinking.

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:42 AM
The prize is adorable! I hope she's not an ugly epic

Here she is (from an outside site):
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/2/20/Cactus_Kitsune_Baby.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150414183059http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/b/bb/Cactus_Kitsune_Juvenile.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150414183100http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/3/3d/Cactus_Kitsune_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150414183059http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/1/18/Cactus_Kitsune_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150414183100

I think the epic is gorgeous!

Oh and 10:00 incubation, 11:00 evolution

ETA: super rare nature-earth... I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that the quest does not involve successfully BREEDING her. I sincerely hope the most difficult BREEDING required is the one to get the solar simian.

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 11:42 AM
I got a 12 hour fail also. Good luck.

LonePudding
04-14-15, 11:44 AM
Ohhh she's beautiful!! Now, how hard will it be to get her....

calvinxx
04-14-15, 11:46 AM
Part 3 you have to feed your Solar Simian 50 times. I sped the first two parts with gems but it didn't help me as now I only have a Level 10 Solar Simian and cannot feed it 50 times before it will become epic. Oh well I guess i just have to breed one anyway lol

jim23cash
04-14-15, 11:48 AM
Part 3
Part 4

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:50 AM
Part 3 you have to feed your Solar Simian 50 times. I sped the first two parts with gems but it didn't help me as now I only have a Level 10 Solar Simian and cannot feed it 50 times before it will become epic. Oh well I guess i just have to breed one anyway lol

Darn! Well, I took one for the team speeding my current breedings to see and share what part 2 is, and now being set back 12 hours. Thank YOU for taking one for the team to hopefully save others lost time as well by speeding to step 3. And I hope you manage to breed the simian quickly.

calvinxx
04-14-15, 11:56 AM
Darn! Well, I took one for the team speeding my current breedings to see and share what part 2 is, and now being set back 12 hours. Thank YOU for taking one for the team to hopefully save others lost time as well by speeding to step 3. And I hope you manage to breed the simian quickly.

Your welcome! I used about 100 gems to speed breed one. Then I wasted tons of apples feeding it when I realized I should have just used enough to lower the gem count I would need to finish the task lol oh well. Now I just need to harvest crops 240 times I assume? Do you think it has to be 1hour crops or could it just be 30 seconds?

jim23cash
04-14-15, 11:58 AM
Part 3
Part 4
It's too bad you don't get to start collecting the prickly pears until after you have to do all the feeding!
I'm not going to rush this part because its too expensive to rush crops. I'm pretty sure it's the last step, though. As long as we get a good rate on drops, it should just be a matter of figuring out how many you need per day.
As soon as I harvest my first crops, I'll post here what my drop rates are.
:D

jim23cash
04-14-15, 12:01 PM
Your welcome! I used about 100 gems to speed breed one. Then I wasted tons of apples feeding it when I realized I should have just used enough to lower the gem count I would need to finish the task lol oh well. Now I just need to harvest crops 240 times I assume? Do you think it has to be 1hour crops or could it just be 30 seconds?

Will you post what your drop rate is as you know? In the past, it has been one per hour of growing time. If you do the less than an hour ones, you either don't get them, or you get about an average of one per hour.

calvinxx
04-14-15, 12:05 PM
Will you post what your drop rate is as you know? In the past, it has been one per hour of growing time. If you do the less than an hour ones, you either don't get them, or you get about an average of one per hour.

Yes I certainly will! I have some 1hour crops going right now that should be done in 40 min

chippychan
04-14-15, 12:30 PM
Thanks to everyone who has contributed information for this quest! :)

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the cost in gems to speed through each step?

I see the 1st step is 10 gems to speed. If the others aren't too expensive I may just speed through with gems instead. I really love the look of this animal & REALLY want it.

tuffyjkitten
04-14-15, 12:32 PM
I already have 3 solar simians...don't want another. Can't I just feed the ones I have? That's probably too easy though....

calvinxx
04-14-15, 12:36 PM
Thanks to everyone who has contributed information for this quest! :)

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the cost in gems to speed through each step?

I see the 1st step is 10 gems to speed. If the others aren't too expensive I may just speed through with gems instead. I really love the look of this animal & REALLY want it.

If I recall correctly the second step is 25 so you won't have to breed the simian and then 250 gems to feed it 50 times. So I would only recommend skipping to step 3 if you have a simian that you can feed 50 times already.

calvinxx
04-14-15, 12:37 PM
I already have 3 solar simians...don't want another. Can't I just feed the ones I have? That's probably too easy though....

Yes just skip to step 3 and you can feed the ones you already have, assuming they can be fed 50 times collectively before reaching epic

infinitelove19
04-14-15, 12:44 PM
Many thanks to everyone who has posted details of the steps!!!

I bred fire and nature and got 6 hours. The Solar Simian is 6 hours and rare, but the Paradise Parrot is also 6 hours, but super-rare.
Given I don't yet have the parrot, I guess it's a win either way! Good luck everyone!!!

calvinxx
04-14-15, 12:56 PM
So I just harvested my crops and got 1 prickly pear per hour. I tried 30s and 3m and neither gave me pears.

jim23cash
04-14-15, 12:57 PM
I just collected my crops, and got 1 per hour for both types I had planted. I got I drop from the one hour crop, and five dropped from the five hour crops.
Good Luck Everyone!
:D

jim23cash
04-14-15, 12:58 PM
Wow Calvinxx, we are in sync today! :D

matiasabad94
04-14-15, 12:59 PM
So... if I don't have a Solar Simian does that mean I'm in trouble?

MaribouMay
04-14-15, 12:59 PM
Yes just skip to step 3 and you can feed the ones you already have, assuming they can be fed 50 times collectively before reaching epic

Thank you so much for the heads up!

I was trying for the Tessllama and started a new breeding before looking at the goal. Got an 18 hour fail. So it looks like skipping step 3 and feeding my level 4 Solar Simian is the best idea.

FigmentValley
04-14-15, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately my solar simian is a level 8. That is not going to allow me to feed it 50 times. Sigh. First breeding is a fairy ferret. I have to wait until the nest clears, though. Double sigh.

FigmentValley
04-14-15, 01:04 PM
So... if I don't have a Solar Simian does that mean I'm in trouble?

Not at all! You are just going to have to breed one like those of us who have one -but it has been evolved once to level 4. Sadly, those cannot be used.

A2TUDE
04-14-15, 01:14 PM
I have one at level 10 I feed that it worked but I needed to breed another to be able to feed it 50 times I really don't like having doubles unless there one of animals:)so feeding two sims works ;)

55lee55
04-14-15, 01:16 PM
Love her! She is adorable!

I also love the real quest to get her. It is challenging but doable. The fails are reasonable, not like the last one where I got two 24 hr. fails and still no win. I like that this is a multi part quest and not the usual just breedan animal.

This is a lot of fun!

calvinxx
04-14-15, 01:23 PM
Wow Calvinxx, we are in sync today! :D

Haha I'm loving it! This quest is really fun and I like to help out :)

vulpesvulpes1
04-14-15, 01:27 PM
Have about 13 hrs. until I can breed anything--shouldn't have started anything this morning.

mrhammy48
04-14-15, 01:39 PM
So, I tried to speed step 2 and hit the 25 gems button but now I don't have the simian. I checked my storage and he's not there. So I spent 25 gems for what? Now what do I do? Does that mean I still have to breed him? Thanks.

calvinxx
04-14-15, 01:43 PM
So, I tried to speed step 2 and hit the 25 gems button but now I don't have the simian. I checked my storage and he's not there. So I spent 25 gems for what? Now what do I do? Does that mean I still have to breed him? Thanks.

Yes, you will still need to breed him to continue with the quest. Speeding the steps won't actually give you a simian it just allows you to start the next step.

Also just a heads up to everyone, if you are able to harvest crops from 6 farms 16 times per day that will get you 96 pears. Over 2 days this will give you 192 pears. On the third day you will be able to reach the goal of 240 pears. So you will need to reach step 4 with approx. 2.5 days left of harvesting crops in order to complete this quest :)

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 01:52 PM
You got pears only when you reached step 4 ? Not before ?
And if you need to plant 1h ? What if you plant 20h ? Do you get 20pears ?

FFS event looks not as fun as in DS :(

Ca7007
04-14-15, 02:04 PM
You got pears only when you reached step 4 ? Not before ?
And if you need to plant 1h ? What if you plant 20h ? Do you get 20pears ?

FFS event looks not as fun as in DS :(
Yes, it appears they show up only when you receive the goal. :)
And yes, that's how it is, if you plant something for 5 hours you get 5 pears, 20 hrs = 20 pears, and so on.
Hopefully I'll be able to finish this goal in time, fingers crossed :D

tuffyjkitten
04-14-15, 02:06 PM

Nice! I have one at level 1, 4, and 10. When the game started I was trying for families...daddy, mommy, and baby based on level. So I will destroy my family but it might be worth it if I can't breed another. Thanks for the info! :)

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 02:15 PM
Nice! I have one at level 1, 4, and 10. When the game started I was trying for families...daddy, mommy, and baby based on level. So I will destroy my family but it might be worth it if I can't breed another. Thanks for the info! :)

What if you all ready have one level 15? Can you use him or do you need to start over?

nitro7764
04-14-15, 02:23 PM
I know this is off topic, but can someone tell me who the animal is in the purple region? You can get it by expanding there. Thanks in advance!

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 02:41 PM
I know this is off topic, but can someone tell me who the animal is in the purple region? You can get it by expanding there. Thanks in advance!

It is the herion and you need this animal to breed the money badger. The cost of expansion is 5,000,000.

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 02:49 PM
Skipping step 2 cost 25 gems
Anyone know how much for skipping step 3 ?
(They found how to force people to spend their gems :mad:
They used the same way than in Dragons World ! )

biologybrain
04-14-15, 02:52 PM
Does this one not pro-rate the gems? So if you have a Simian at a higher level you've fed x-number of times before reaching Epic, the cost speed to the next round is 250-x? I seem to remember the Puffalo goal was like that.

kooky panda
04-14-15, 02:55 PM
What if you all ready have one level 15? Can you use him or do you need to start over?
You will need to start over and get a new one.

rjazz
04-14-15, 02:59 PM
Step 3 costs 250 gems (to skip it).

sweetypies97
04-14-15, 03:11 PM
It toke me a long time to breed my first solar simian. I hope it isn't the same this time :(

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 03:35 PM
Step 3 costs 250 gems (to skip it).

Definitly not fun this quest ! Dragon Story event is more fun because it is do-able ! I sold all my solar simian except 1 because all my habitats were full !
And my solar simian is level 10 so i can only feed it 25 times :mad:
And of course they probably made it impossible to skip partially :mad:
So with step 2 i will have to use 275 gems !

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 03:52 PM
You will need to start over and get a new one.

thanks kooky panda for your response

Hawksmoor
04-14-15, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't you know it. I only have around 3 or 4 level 15 animals, and the Solar Simian is one of them, lol. Oh well, back to the ole drawing board.

Buttercup0001
04-14-15, 04:14 PM
Hi all. I saw the goal pop up when I opened my game this morning and came here to read up about it before commencing. My 1st pair, (nature - fire) resulted in a 3 hrs fail, which isnt to bad, but I still need to hatch a Solar Simian. I think the Cactus Kitsune is absolutely adorable and doable.

matiasabad94
04-14-15, 04:44 PM
Not at all! You are just going to have to breed one like those of us who have one -but it has been evolved once to level 4. Sadly, those cannot be used.

In less than a week... Besides, there are SO MANY nature/fire breeds it is very unlikely I'll get one.

readysetgo888
04-14-15, 05:00 PM
I'm not liking this very much.... yes the solar simian is only a rare, but it is a very limited amount of time to breed one, and the longer it takes, the less time you have for the rest of the steps.

If they adjusted the odds for the solar simian so that most everyone could breed one within a few tries, it would be better. But, if it still relies on any amount of luck, someone is going to be the unlucky one and not get one on time, no matter how good the odds are. This just seems so unfair.

And if this is a TL quest (oh look, it is) then they've probably LOWERED the odds on the simian and this won't be much better than a one week limited animal.

You know what? This should be a PERMANENT goal. As in, whenever you get around to breeding a simian, you can go through the steps and get the prize animal. Now that would be fair and fun. But nope, it's a one week goal that relies on getting lucky during breeding. Perhaps they didn't make enough money on the Puffalo quest and so they felt the need to make this one harder and more about luck. And I really don't care for that.

nitro7764
04-14-15, 05:12 PM
Thank you so much saphiraetti!

judyandthecat
04-14-15, 05:38 PM
I have a level four solar Simian that can therefore be fed fifty times. I just skipped the hatching part so that I can feed it.
Can I not use it? Before I waste all my food. I have it evolving to level ten now and says it has been fed 26 times.

cocauina
04-14-15, 05:54 PM
I think this has not being said, but

For the ones who don't want to breed and hatch the Solar Simian animal because the game currently has 6 nature/fire hybrids the goal that ask for this, only costs 25 gems to skip the step.

Unfortunately.. This is only useful for the players that have a Solar Simian baby already in their forest.

judyandthecat
04-14-15, 06:02 PM

For the ones who don't want to breed and hatch the Solar Simian animal because the game currently has 6 nature/fire hybrids the goal that ask for this, only costs 25 gems to skip the step.

Unfortunately.. This is only useful for the players that have a Solar Simian baby already in their forest.

Is my level four considered a baby beings it can be fed fifty times

readysetgo888
04-14-15, 06:03 PM

Yep... I had a baby that I was keeping as a baby, but had to sell it due to the ridiculously long time it takes to expand. :mad:

I'd rather this have just been another one week limited. It more or less is. I really don't see the difference.

So over this game.

stormmmeee
04-14-15, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone :) Been enjoying reading the forum for awhile, but first time to write a reply. Just want to share my experiences

Already have a just L4 Solar Simian
Gem speed part 1 & 2
Feed L4 Solar Simian to L9 ( 30 TIMES )
Evolved to L10 ( 6Hrs ) Gem Speed
Feed 20 more TIMES (50 TIMES done ), Solar Simian is L14 now
Up to last step Collecting Prickly Pears

So a already have just Level 4 Solar Simian will work
Good luck everyone

cocauina
04-14-15, 06:16 PM
Is my level four considered a baby beings it can be fed fifty times

50 times equals to 10 levels, so if you had your baby at level 5 you could feed it 50 times also :p

Yep... I had a baby that I was keeping as a baby, but had to sell it due to the ridiculously long time it takes to expand. :mad:

I'd rather this have just been another one week limited. It more or less is. I really don't see the difference.

So over this game.

I had the opportunity to have a baby, but I was selling the eggs right from the nest when I was trying to get the Christmas creatures, I wish I stayed with a baby Solar Simian, baaaah

judyandthecat
04-14-15, 06:23 PM
Thank you stormmmeee and cocauina

I did not want to waste the rest of my food

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 06:41 PM
Honestly such quest is the best way to make people quit this game !
I have Armodillo in nest and fairy ferret in the Den
I don't want to use my gems because i will need them to skip :mad:

My baby account got tesllama in nest and fairy ferret in Den (19 gems if i want to speed ! )
This game is definitly not worth to play if we can't have a second nest ! :mad:

Better focus on DS quest and tourney !

saphiraetti
04-14-15, 06:48 PM
Thank you so much saphiraetti!

You are very welcome

cocauina
04-14-15, 07:08 PM

You're welcome! :)

Honestly such quest is the best way to make people quit this game !
I have Armodillo in nest and fairy ferret in the Den
I don't want to use my gems because i will need them to skip :mad:

My baby account got tesllama in nest and fairy ferret in Den (19 gems if i want to speed ! )
This game is definitly not worth to play if we can't have a second nest ! :mad:

Better focus on DS quest and tourney !

Honestly, I prefer the goals we had to do for the Puffalo animal, needing to have a specific animal to do 2 different things so we are able to win a certain animal, it's really annoying.

At least with the Puffalo animal we only needed to breed 2 random animals, hatch random eggs and harvesting food for pears and inviting and having neigbors and playing their animals. It was more easy and fun, I remember of receiving and sending invites like rain falls down xD

LonePudding
04-14-15, 07:18 PM
Fairy ferret #1 is on the way!

forestwald
04-14-15, 07:54 PM
I see a lot of ferrets in my future...

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I prefer the goals we had to do for the Puffalo animal, needing to have a specific animal to do 2 different things so we are able to win a certain animal, it's really annoying.

At least with the Puffalo animal we only needed to breed 2 random animals, hatch random eggs and harvesting food for pears and inviting and having neigbors and playing their animals. It was more easy and fun, I remember of receiving and sending invites like rain falls down xD

Same for me ! i had lots of invit too XD i was wondering what was going on until i saw the goal in forum LOL

stormmmeee
04-14-15, 08:00 PM

You are very welcome:)

cocauina
04-14-15, 08:00 PM
Same for me ! i had lots of invit too XD i was wondering what was going on until i saw the goal in forum LOL

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I already was informed, so I didn't though that was being weird but it was funny having the community doing that only because of one animal xD

Buttercup0001
04-14-15, 08:02 PM
Hi all. I saw the goal pop up when I opened my game this morning and came here to read up about it before commencing. My 1st pair, (nature - fire) resulted in a 3 hrs fail, which isnt to bad, but I still need to hatch a Solar Simian. I think the Cactus Kitsune is absolutely adorable and doable.

2nd try to breed a Solar Simian resulted in a SR 7hr fail. Maybe this isnt going to be as easy as I first thought.

LonePudding
04-14-15, 09:26 PM
2nd fairy ferret...

cocauina
04-14-15, 09:43 PM
2nd fairy ferret...

I can join your club, 2nd Fairy Ferret also

Phaedrakiki
04-14-15, 09:44 PM
I love it! I want it! I'm thrilled to have a better chance at getting this (than limited animals.) Come to my forest, pretty Kitsune...

MaribouMay
04-14-15, 10:08 PM

Me too! I also notice that all those new neighbors that came in with 3 & 4 stars have 0 stars now and never visit. I got a few good neighbors and a lot of duds.

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 10:39 PM
Probably because they don't find FFS enough attractive.
I'm sorry to say it (i know that most of the people in this forum do love playing FFS ) but compared to dragon Story , i found FFS less and less attractive.
Dragon Story surprised me sometimes with new stuff like the last Creation quest, but not FFS.
I kept playing FFS because i can breed new eggs. But like zenobia posted in another thread, new eggs are more and more hard to get, and often limited in time.
Besides most of the players in DS got 2 nests or more , so speeding the breeding is easier, and of course more chance to get a new egg.
With FFS , if you want to speed breeding, you have to speed nest before ! You spend double gems !
I'm losing interest for FFS since awhile, and rather use my playing time on ds than on FFS .

sweetypies97
04-14-15, 11:22 PM
Me:
Paradise parrot (yay I didn't have one)
Fairy Ferret
Solar simian

DS:
Fallaby
Jackalope
Fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
solar simian

Phew!!

sweetypies97
04-14-15, 11:23 PM
Me too! I also notice that all those new neighbors that came in with 3 & 4 stars have 0 stars now and never visit. I got a few good neighbors and a lot of duds.

I have noticed that every few weeks that one of my gem buddies disappears.

Clark_Wayne
04-14-15, 11:53 PM

Agreed. When i started , i had lot of daily players. Now most of them disappeared and new neighbors don't stay long

MaribouMay
04-15-15, 12:15 AM
Probably because they don't find FFS enough attractive.
I'm sorry to say it (i know that most of the people in this forum do love playing FFS ) but compared to dragon Story , i found FFS less and less attractive.
Dragon Story surprised me sometimes with new stuff like the last Creation quest, but not FFS.
I kept playing FFS because i can breed new eggs. But like zenobia posted in another thread, new eggs are more and more hard to get, and often limited in time.
Besides most of the players in DS got 2 nests or more , so speeding the breeding is easier, and of course more chance to get a new egg.
With FFS , if you want to speed breeding, you have to speed nest before ! You spend double gems !
I'm losing interest for FFS since awhile, and rather use my playing time on ds than on FFS .

I largely agree with you. FFS is a bit slow and sleepy. I prefer DS too though I am losing long term neighbors there as well.

Monkeh2369
04-15-15, 01:07 AM
Agreed. When i started , i had lot of daily players. Now most of them disappeared and new neighbors don't stay long

I have noticed this too. I haven't got a massive amount of nbrs now anyway (by my choice as I cleared out a lot of 0 star nbrs a couple of months back) and most of the ones I have left have now run down to 0 star. Some of them as well have, quite clearly on looking at their forest, been big gem spenders in the past. The game is so frustrating, that is the problem!!!

Ratisorn
04-15-15, 01:25 AM
Trick(requires only simon simian)
Part 2: buy 25 gem
Part 3: feed solar simian 50 time (I have solar simian level 4) use gem speed evaluation
Part 4: collect prickly (rune prunes 20 hours is work)

Lucky guy.

RLrox
04-15-15, 02:09 AM
Why do I get the feeling that trying to breed a solar simian is suddenly going to be very difficult, as in, like a limited animal? This game is making me all cynical now, is it? Given my track record with breeding time limited animals, I'm not holding out much hope!

sweetdeda
04-15-15, 02:13 AM
When challenge started I already had 1 solar simian but he was lvl 11 so I had to breed another, I did some speed breeding, which I rarely do. ( I really like this animal and don't want the big disappointment of not getting him like chocolate bunny). 18 fails and I finally got him. My issue now is I'm low on food, been working on getting certain animals up to epic since last battle, has taken a huge chunk of food. So now to finish feeding him.... At least I'm pretty certain I will get this little guy, only 5 feeds away now. Oh and during my speeding I did get 2 jackalopes, which is a new animal for me, still missing the parrot though.

sweetypies97
04-15-15, 02:22 AM
Why do I get the feeling that trying to breed a solar simian is suddenly going to be very difficult, as in, like a limited animal? This game is making me all cynical now, is it? Given my track record with breeding time limited animals, I'm not holding out much hope!
I have had hot and cold luck with limited animals and I just bred my solar simian. I hope you have good luck this time too!

Buttercup0001
04-15-15, 03:22 AM
So far 2 Fairy Ferrets, 1 Vinotaur and now another Fairy Ferret. Where is a Solar Simian when you need one. But try for another fire-nature breed and all you get are Solar Simians.

sweetdeda
04-15-15, 03:38 AM
All feed, now on to collecting prickly pears.

FigmentValley
04-15-15, 05:19 AM
I was breeding for Emerald dragon or Ruby piggie. I got 756564555658867869889687 fairy ferrets and solar simians. Unfortunately, now that I WANT one, all I get is fairy ferrets. Figures.

And yes, I find it distressing that my gold buddies are going AOL one by one. Very sad.

Doompicnic
04-15-15, 05:29 AM
Love this animal. I hope I can get it in time. I have had about 10 fails so far lol just my luck.

ArcadiaTofu
04-15-15, 05:37 AM
TL made a huge mistake by making this one only attainable if you manage to breed out a Simian. Don't know about you guys, but all I get are ferrets and Vinotaurs when I try to breed. No doubt they've lowered the odds for the Simian like any limited so most people don't get the goal or are so desperate to reach the goal they shell out 400 gems for an annoying Simian.

The Puffalo was great because we didn't have a hybrid 'goal' we had to get to advance the next stage. Seems to me this is just another money grab that will make players leave en masse all the faster.

It would be another story if they made this goal a month long or something realistic, especially if they lowered the odds for a simian. But... that would defeat the purpose of why they chose a specific hybrid to advance, now wouldn't it? :\

Getting more and more disillusioned by the day...

chippychan
04-15-15, 05:38 AM
If I recall correctly the second step is 25 so you won't have to breed the simian and then 250 gems to feed it 50 times. So I would only recommend skipping to step 3 if you have a simian that you can feed 50 times already.

Thanks so much for the info!

I decided to spend gems to skip steps 2 & 3 on my main account, effectively costing me 275 gems for this animal which is an amount I'm willing to spend my saved-up gems on. Now I'm just planting and should get it once I hit the required prickly pears.

However, I *won't* speed through on my second account. I'll try to meet the requirements with luck and see if I get it.

My second account is sort of an experiment to see how a forest does without spending lots of gems or real money. I did buy a small gem pack to help me buy the Money Badger when it was on sale, but since that account has never gotten 1 gem sale since I started it 2.5 months ago I refuse to spend any more money it (my main iphone account gets them all them time, but my ipad account hasn't gotten one).

I'll just see what luck gives me. Good luck to everyone trying! :)

cocauina
04-15-15, 05:54 AM
After 2 Fairy Ferret's I get a 6hrs timer, but I'm sure that's a Fallaby and not a Solar Simian, with my luck I can dream about the Paradise Parrot on my forest..

freesiawoods
04-15-15, 05:55 AM
I'm a very new player and it's my first event, and I went ahead with the first step to breed any two animals (they should have specified fire and nature). But I guess I was very lucky that the egg on my nest was already a solar simian! Now I am just struggling to grow more food.

LonePudding
04-15-15, 06:01 AM
Got 6hrs!!! Could be a simian, paradise parrot or fallaby.. I need a fallaby or simian, so I'll probably get the 'super rare' paradise parrot :rolleyes:

greywagtail
04-15-15, 06:14 AM
Got 6hrs!!! Could be a simian, paradise parrot or fallaby.. I need a fallaby or simian, so I'll probably get the 'super rare' paradise parrot :rolleyes:

Same here - have fallaby though - so that is what I will get

bubz94
04-15-15, 06:17 AM
Loving this goal :) TL don't make it easy though, thank god I got solar simian first try :D I never get anything first try :D A little confused on the pears though, can you plant any crop & you'll get 1 pear for every hour? Or do the pears appear in the farms?? Little bit of help please & Thankyou :)

STORM ID : DS & FFS - bubz94

Accept all neighbours & play everyday:D

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 06:21 AM
TL made a huge mistake by making this one only attainable if you manage to breed out a Simian. Don't know about you guys, but all I get are ferrets and Vinotaurs when I try to breed. No doubt they've lowered the odds for the Simian like any limited so most people don't get the goal or are so desperate to reach the goal they shell out 400 gems for an annoying Simian.

The Puffalo was great because we didn't have a hybrid 'goal' we had to get to advance the next stage. Seems to me this is just another money grab that will make players leave en masse all the faster.

It would be another story if they made this goal a month long or something realistic, especially if they lowered the odds for a simian. But... that would defeat the purpose of why they chose a specific hybrid to advance, now wouldn't it? :\

This is more or less exactly what I said earlier in the thread. I actually find this goal more disgusting than a week limited animal. For a few reasons.

They know that people were fed up with week limited animals. This is exactly the same thing! Except worse. Because the fails are so short, it is very tempting to speed breed here to try to get the Simian. I bet they are going to make MORE money on this then they would on another one week limited animal. I bet that's why they did it.

It's the perfect trap. It doesn't LOOK like a one week limited. It's cleverly DISGUISED. It is a one week limited animal disguised as a quest. Just think of how many players, who are sick of one week limited animals and are refusing to ever spend money on them anymore, will be really excited and speed breed and pay for this animal! Just because they've been fooled into believing it isn't the same thing. Well, I see no difference.

As you say, ALL they had to do to make this fair and fun was to give us a longer time. If this was a two month quest, or better yet, an unlimited quest, it would be fair! I would totally support some fun, cool quests like this in the game. But, they need to be permanent! Otherwise they are absolutely no better than one week limited animals!

And if you spend money to get this animal, you are contributing to the demise of this game. They're certainly going a long way to ruin the game on their own, but if this type of quest proves profitable for them, we're going to see it all the time, and with worse odds. First one week limited animals, limited element animals, then they messed with the tournament odds so that they are barely beatable now, and now this! People gave them positive feedback on the puffalo quest, so now they disguise a one-week limited gem draining trap as another quest. Brilliant. It really is.

CoodieBug
04-15-15, 06:59 AM

ffs certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth--getting tedious

stormmmeee
04-15-15, 07:30 AM
bubz94
You can plant any crops, you'll get one Prickly Pear for every hour :)

zenobia42
04-15-15, 07:50 AM

TL made a huge mistake by making this one only attainable if you manage to breed out a Simian... Getting more and more disillusioned by the day...

I actually find this goal more disgusting than a week limited animal.

ffs certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth--getting tedious

I started collecting others expressing the same sentiments as me, but there are just too many to quote - I put a few up. RLox: welcome to the FFS cynics club. Many people joining the forum think we are just overly critical. Until they've played a while. Then those who are willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt, eventually either turn into cynics or leave. A veteran player would need really rose-colored glasses, or able to tune out all of TL's particularly disgustingly manipulative tactics, to believe they are in any way, shape or form FAIR to or HONEST with the players.

As ready said early on, [b]This is essentially the same as trying to breed a 1-week limited animal.[b] Only it's WORSE! You have LESS than a week because you need to add the time to clear whatever was in your den and nest, the 12 hours to breed and hatch your solar simian (chosen due to it having the same timer as not one but TWO other animals of the same elements - that is NOT an accident, friends, it is one of their favorite tactics for twisting your arm into speeding because you get the timer you want, you still don't know if you got the animal you need), feed it, evolve it for 6 hours, feed it, THEN collect 40 hours worth of crops in all your farms (assuming you ave 6 farms). Unless you can plant rune prunes and remember to NOT collect them until you've successfully evolved a solar simian, the quest to breed a very specific animal, which has 5 different possible fails, is NOT EVEN a week. It's less than 5 days. So it's WORSE than a typical 1-week limited. For that, you only have to clear your den & nest, then you have the full rest of all 7 days just to get the magic number in the den - you don't even have to subtract breeding & incubation time from the 7 days. If you breed it one minute before time is up, the breeding and incubation can happen after the timer is up. This is MUCH WORSE for time than a 1-week limited. And if anyone truly believes they did not make a solar simian worse odds for breeding during this event, keep playing and let me ask you again in 6 months if you still believe they are fair and honest in that way. This is a trick. To make us think it is easier to get this 5-day limited than a 7-day limited. It is NOT. It is HARDER.

It may sound strange, but while I really miss a lot of great people who have become so disillusioned they just can't play any more, I particularly miss the great debates I used to have all the time here with Vodelle. He/she was as cynical about "free" games in general as I, but thought it implausible that TL would resort to some of the truly underhanded tactics most of us veterans believe they use. And wrote off all the incredible "bad luck" experienced by some us us fully explainable by totally legit odds. They didn't end up playing that long (as one might predict of a player cynical from the get-go), but I wish they were around now so I could know if they still believe the odds are exactly the same for newbies as they are for veterans on everything. If they still believe every player of every level has the exact same odds as every other of breeding a unicorn or gem hybrid. I suspect enough experience in the game may have changed that trust in the fairness of TL that I believe is misplaced.

Anyway, my attempts to breed a solar simian. Like most or all veteran players, my simian is too high a level to just gem-skip part 2 of this quest. I need a new simian to move on.
3:00 fail

I do not have a paradise parrot yet, so if I breed that, I would not consider it a fail. EXCEPT that the shortest quest timer EVER in this game (when you subtract 2 days for the other time-intensive steps) means every animal not a simian MUST be considered a fail even if it fills an album hole, because it means losing another 6 hours of the ?5 day timer.

FigmentValley
04-15-15, 08:13 AM
DS was better. Unfortunately, since I played from its inception, I ran out of room and everything else. I tried a few other replacements for DS (a few TL games included) but they were all fatally flawed. FF is greatly flawed but, at least not yet, it still gives a bit of entertainment. It is NOT worth spending any real money on that entertainment. There are other games more worthy of that. Instead, I have let FF step dramatically down in my level of importance.

I can still enjoy without finishing a quest. I can still breed things (given enough time, patience and a bit of luck). I can still win an occasional tournament.

I have started thinking about this in the same light as many other things in life. I am NOT going to succeed at everything. Failure is what makes success worth something. Just as I refuse to give my students an "A" for learning everything they were told to learn, I refuse to assume that in FF I will get every creature offered just because I try. To learn a given set of information is what is EXPECTED of a student. To earn a "higher grade", one must do above and beyond the average. To get the more difficult creatures, I must strive "above and beyond" the average.

In the same way, every player is not going to succeed at every quest or every tournament. Winning is going above and beyond. Playing the basic game is what is average.

This game is much the same. Everyone is not going to get every creature. That is a flawed goal. There will not be room enough for one thing. You don't need every animal to play well. The strategy includes knowing which ones are worth getting/keeping. Many are not.

Yes -this is a nice looking virtual creature - but it is still a common combination of elements (super rare, but there are many). It will be mentally "worth more" to those that accomplish the quest if everyone else does not get it. Everyone is not the same. "Creature equality" (game equality? Outcome equality? Good grief!) is NOT a guarantee. With guaranteed outcome there would be no challenge, no game.

Give it a try. Give it as much time or effort you are willing to give. I hope you succeed. But if you do not, you do not. It will make your next success that much sweeter.

Clark_Wayne
04-15-15, 08:14 AM
This is more or less exactly what I said earlier in the thread. I actually find this goal more disgusting than a week limited animal. For a few reasons.

They know that people were fed up with week limited animals. This is exactly the same thing! Except worse. Because the fails are so short, it is very tempting to speed breed here to try to get the Simian. I bet they are going to make MORE money on this then they would on another one week limited animal. I bet that's why they did it.

It's the perfect trap. It doesn't LOOK like a one week limited. It's cleverly DISGUISED. It is a one week limited animal disguised as a quest. Just think of how many players, who are sick of one week limited animals and are refusing to ever spend money on them anymore, will be really excited and speed breed and pay for this animal! Just because they've been fooled into believing it isn't the same thing. Well, I see no difference.

As you say, ALL they had to do to make this fair and fun was to give us a longer time. If this was a two month quest, or better yet, an unlimited quest, it would be fair! I would totally support some fun, cool quests like this in the game. But, they need to be permanent! Otherwise they are absolutely no better than one week limited animals!

And if you spend money to get this animal, you are contributing to the demise of this game. They're certainly going a long way to ruin the game on their own, but if this type of quest proves profitable for them, we're going to see it all the time, and with worse odds. First one week limited animals, limited element animals, then they messed with the tournament odds so that they are barely beatable now, and now this! People gave them positive feedback on the puffalo quest, so now they disguise a one-week limited gem draining trap as another quest. Brilliant. It really is.

Trap or not trap , they are not getting any money from me : i can't afford. All the gems i got are from neighbors and free games that give 30/15/15/15 gems. But they are so difficult to get that i try to use them carefully , without speeding except when it is worth

But if this is going the way it is going, all they got is losing players.

bubz94
04-15-15, 08:19 AM
bubz94
You can plant any crops, you'll get one Prickly Pear for every hour :)

Thank you :)

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 08:24 AM
It may sound strange, but while I really miss a lot of great people who have become so disillusioned they just can't play any more, I particularly miss the great debates I used to have all the time here with Vodelle. He/she was as cynical about "free" games in general as I, but thought it implausible that TL would resort to some of the truly underhanded tactics most of us veterans believe they use. And wrote off all the incredible "bad luck" experienced by some us us fully explainable by totally legit odds. They didn't end up playing that long (as one might predict of a player cynical from the get-go), but I wish they were around now so I could know if they still believe the odds are exactly the same for newbies as they are for veterans on everything. If they still believe every player of every level has the exact same odds as every other of breeding a unicorn or gem hybrid. I suspect enough experience in the game may have changed that trust in the fairness of TL that I believe is misplaced.

Me too :( I feel like my opinion was always somewhere between yours and hers... I have believed for a long time that they mess with the odds on different outcomes when there is a limited animal out, but I don't believe they mess with the odds for individual accounts. It MIGHT be that newer players have better odds, but it doesn't HAVE to be... because so many animals are new to new players anyway, it helps sustain interest in the game even if they don't get specific limited animals - so they are happier with the game even if their odds are the same. That being said, it wouldn't shock me if I found out that they give newbies better odds and then drop them off as they level up. That seems totally plausible to me. Messing with odds for different individual players, I doubt it.

As far as this quest goes, I might... might... be willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt IF it appears that most people are getting their Simian within a couple of attempts. The fair thing to do here would be to raise the odds of the Simian and/or program the game to give it to everyone within a few attempts. I highly doubt they would write in anything as a guaranteed success, and even if the odds of a Simian were 90% (and they never would be), some people would still be the unlucky ones that kept rolling in the 10% and didn't get the Simian on time.

And as I said, this is TL so it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they made the odds on the Simian worse. Did they have to? Nope, probably not. The fact that the fails are short (which, believe it or not, will lead to MORE speeding than if the fails were long), and the fact that there are 3 other possible rare animals from this combo and 2 of them have the exact same breeding time, is enough right there to make this extremely difficult even if they didn't change the odds of a Simian when this started.

Let's think about it... We're putting the chance of a rare around 20%. There are 4 possible rare outcomes, so that means the chance of a Simian would be 5%? Which brings it to the same odds as a super rare.

That's assuming that there's a 20% chance of a rare for ALL breeding pairs regardless of how many possible rares there are. If they adjust the odds to compensate for there being more outcomes, then possibly the chance of getting a rare from nature-fire is higher than the chance of getting a rare from say, dark-fire where there is only ONE rare outcome. I don't know. This is something I'd never even thought of analyzing from my breeding data, but I'd definitely be curious to try to draw a conclusion.

I've been thinking out loud here in this post, but the possibilities are 1) there is a 20% chance of ANY rare from a particular breeding combo, and the more possible rare outcomes there are for that pair, the worse the odds are on any one of those rares in particular.... OR 2) when there are more rare animals for a particular breeding pair, the overall odds of getting ANY rare from that combo are higher.

Since there are so many nature-fire rares, it makes a huge difference when talking about the fairness of this quest.

Anyway, I think the prize animal is beautiful but I'm already setting myself up not to get it unless I'm willing to spend a bunch of my saved gems. This quest is just SO unfair. :mad: WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE BEEN A PERMANENT QUEST? Oh right because that wouldn't be GREEDY AND MAKE BUCKETS OF MONEY. Anyone who DOESN'T think this quest is just a shameless attempt to bilk people out of money is naive.

Annica5
04-15-15, 08:43 AM
I got a Paradise Parrot and a Fallaby back to back. Both new in my forest. Nice but also a bit creepy... Next is another Ferret.
The thing about these relatively short breeding times 3/6/7 hours is that I feel much more inclined to spend gems speeding. Again and again and...

cocauina
04-15-15, 08:46 AM
Like I already said: The Puffalo Goals were most fair and funny for every player. Requiring a animal to have another different animal is so unfair and disgusting. At least on DS this goals for new dragons, fortunately, until now only required to hatch a Dragon that every player had because they won from an World Event and complete certain quests so we could receive the items needed to craft the egg, or craft a certain building (that was needed to earn the egg) or we didn't needed to hatch a Dragon.

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 08:52 AM
The thing about these relatively short breeding times 3/6/7 hours is that I feel much more inclined to spend gems speeding. Again and again and...

Yep. Who thinks this was an accident?

Disgustingly brilliant on their part....

LonePudding
04-15-15, 08:55 AM
Same here - have fallaby though - so that is what I will get

I really hope we both get it soon! It's time to move on from the 2nd quest now!!

EDIT: I just sped mine; it was a fallaby. Next try was 5hrs. Looks like this Kitsune isn't in reach:(

cquinn32
04-15-15, 08:58 AM
TL why must you fail at everything?

Sorry to everyone that is enjoying this quest, but I think it is completely ridiculous and even though I've been playing this game since it was born it will finally give me a reason to put this game to rest for good.

Hawksmoor
04-15-15, 09:14 AM
As far as this quest goes, I might... might... be willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt IF it appears that most people are getting their Simian within a couple of attempts. The fair thing to do here would be to raise the odds of the Simian and/or program the game to give it to everyone within a few attempts. I highly doubt they would write in anything as a guaranteed success, and even if the odds of a Simian were 90% (and they never would be), some people would still be the unlucky ones that kept rolling in the 10% and didn't get the Simian on time.

Hi ready, in the interest of science ;-) I already had an epic Solar Simian so I threw Pandaffodil and Pyro Pony in the nest hoping for the best.
I was able to get the Solar Simian again after 5 attempts:
1- Jackalope
2- Jackalope
3- Fairy Ferret
4 - Jackalope
5 - Solar Simian

tuffyjkitten
04-15-15, 09:41 AM
I'm so happy that I had my solar simian family and could get the 50 feelings in without destroying it. I am only evolving the Dad up to level 15 and the others are staying at their respective Mom (level 4-9) and Baby (level 1-3) sizes. It was worth the 25 gems to skip the breed step.

I got the 3 of them early on in the game. Oddly enough I haven't bred another one since...they're always FerretFails.

matiasabad94
04-15-15, 09:44 AM
This was pretty easy, thank god. I got my Solar Simian on my second attempt and then I bred a Tesllama.

cocauina
04-15-15, 09:46 AM
TL why must you fail at everything?

Sorry to everyone that is enjoying this quest, but I think it is completely ridiculous and even though I've been playing this game since it was born it will finally give me a reason to put this game to rest for good.

I kinda like this goal things for a animal, but honestly, needing to hatch a specific animal so we can win the goal animal it's just ridiculous.

matiasabad94
04-15-15, 09:50 AM
This was pretty easy, thank god. I got my Solar Simian on my second attempt and then I bred a Tesllama.

I just read the other posts and now I feel that my reply comes across with a bad taste. I apologize. I understand everyone's frustration, this goal is as flawed as the game itself, it truly represents everything that makes us loathe iFantasy Forest Story more as the days go by. If you're still trying to get a Solar Simian, good luck. If you already gave up, don't worry, this game has given us enough frustration for us to be entitled to not care anymore.

sparklegirly
04-15-15, 09:57 AM
Can someone tell me how many gems to skip step 4 to receive the Kitsune?

mrhammy48
04-15-15, 10:44 AM
Five ferrets and counting. Might try once more and then I give up. I haven't been able to breed anything new in weeks. I barely made it thru the last tournament.

kooky panda
04-15-15, 10:47 AM
275 gems

chippychan
04-15-15, 10:47 AM

I just checked and the 4th step (collecting prickly pears) is showing it will cost 257 gems to skip right now, BUT I have already collected 49% of them. I can't remember the amount when I first started step 4. I wonder if the gem cost changes as you collect pears?

EDIT: nevermind, kooky answered before me. :)

cocauina
04-15-15, 11:06 AM

I have a screenshot of the last goal and the amount of gems needed is 500 gems.

tuffyjkitten
04-15-15, 11:06 AM
I kinda like this goal things for a animal, but honestly, needing to hatch a specific animal so we can win the goal animal it's just ridiculous.

Totally agree with this. Even if they would have specified what to breed in the first step instead of a generic breed anything it wouldn't have helped. I'm lucky as I already had simians I could feed. I sympathize with anyone trying to breed a specific animal for any reason, especially a timed goal to win a completely unrelated animal.

CuteTali
04-15-15, 11:18 AM
I already have a simian, trying to re-breed a very specific type of animal is really annoying. They should've made it just breed any nature with any fire, the outcome is always different, I could spend an entire week just trying for one specific outcome and not get it.

Doompicnic
04-15-15, 11:53 AM
I already have a simian, trying to re-breed a very specific type of animal is really annoying. They should've made it just breed any nature with any fire, the outcome is always different, I could spend an entire week just trying for one specific outcome and not get it.

I agree. I've had about 14 fails now. I will not be happy if I don't finish in time.

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 12:04 PM

Yep and think of how many gems everyone is going to waste trying...

I'm not going to waste any. I'm not speeding my fails at all. This quest is absolutely ridiculously unfair and I'm not letting it suck gems from me. No one else should either.

greywagtail
04-15-15, 12:04 PM
I really hope we both get it soon! It's time to move on from the 2nd quest now!!

EDIT: I just sped mine; it was a fallaby. Next try was 5hrs. Looks like this Kitsune isn't in reach:(
And I got the fallaby, next one is 3 hrs 😢

LonePudding
04-15-15, 12:38 PM
Yep and think of how many gems everyone is going to waste trying...

I'm not going to waste any. I'm not speeding my fails at all. This quest is absolutely ridiculously unfair and I'm not letting it suck gems from me. No one else should either.

I wish I had the mindset of you and the many other veterans....I'm sure I'll catch it soon enough though.

mimiamelia
04-15-15, 12:44 PM
Yesterday when the goal first came out, I breed two animals and got 18 hr before I read the forum, so a day wasted. Today I put in vinotur and ocean owl and got 24 hrs, so....I guess I won't be trying for this animal anymore. At least I got something very nice out of this :)

Anyway, good luck everyone! This animal is very pretty! I hope you guys are all able to get it.

LocalNews
04-15-15, 01:09 PM
I just read the other posts and now I feel that my reply comes across with a bad taste. I apologize. I understand everyone's frustration, this goal is as flawed as the game itself, it truly represents everything that makes us loathe iFantasy Forest Story more as the days go by. If you're still trying to get a Solar Simian, good luck. If you already gave up, don't worry, this game has given us enough frustration for us to be entitled to not care anymore.

Another slap in the face to the veteran players. We have most of the older animals at epic levels like solar Simeon's and with so little extra room, that is one animal we would not have extras of. I have not been able to breed a new one and had a higher hourly egg in the nest and one set of animals breeding when this came out. Then I have had about 6 fails with jackalopes and ferrets. I sped up the ones I had on my nest but I refuse to use any more gems on this. As much as I would like it, I don't think I will have enough time. I was so frustrated from the last event and now this. They obviously don't want veteran players anymore. I am at a stage where I am no longer going to purchase gems anymore. I am just too frustrated by all this and making the solar Simeon harder than normal to get. Hopefully they will start to realize that they are not making this fun anymore so people will quit if they don't change and make things a bit more attainable. I keep getting the same old animals when I do breed so it is hard to feel good about playing.

MaribouMay
04-15-15, 01:44 PM

Congratualtions! You are lucky indeed! Don't feel bad for having good luck. It gives me hope which is a good antidote to the cynicism this game breeds in me.

Hawksmoor
04-15-15, 04:03 PM
Ok, I have a question. I'm at stage 4 of the goal (collecting 240 prickly pears). In anticipation of this, I planted 6 20hr. rune prune crops yesterday. Just now I went to collect from them and only got 5 prickly pears per 20hr. crop (30 total prickly pears). At that rate if I continued planting and collecting the same (30 a day for 6 20hr crops) it would take 8 days to collect 240! There's only 6 days left in the goal....is that correct?? Should I have received more? Does anyone know how many prickly pears you would collect if for example you planted nexus nuts instead? Thanks.

MaribouMay
04-15-15, 04:23 PM
Ok, I have a question. I'm at stage 4 of the goal (collecting 240 prickly pears). In anticipation of this, I planted 6 20hr. rune prune crops yesterday. Just now I went to collect from them and only got 5 prickly pears per 20hr. crop (30 total prickly pears). At that rate if I continued planting and collecting the same (30 a day for 6 20hr crops) it would take 8 days to collect 240! There's only 6 days left in the goal....is that correct?? Should I have received more? Does anyone know how many prickly pears you would collect if for example you planted nexus nuts instead? Thanks.

You should get 1 prickly pear per hour of crop. If you only got 30 from your 6 farms you should talk to a moderator or report it in the bugs forum or email support.

Hawksmoor
04-15-15, 04:28 PM
You should get 1 prickly pear per hour of crop. If you only got 30 from your 6 farms you should talk to a moderator or report it in the bugs forum or email support.

Thanks. That's what I thought but really didn't know for sure.

zenobia42
04-15-15, 04:51 PM
Okay, in the interest of hopefully helping people to CONSERVE gems while hopefully completing this quest, I put together something like the Daily Reality Check I do for events. This will be an unchanging deadline as to when exactly you need to have your simian in the nest, to complete the goal without spending further gems. You can read the lists, find out which one fits you, and note the deadline in your calendar. The thing is, this kinda needs multiple timelines, based on how you play. And unlike the Daily Reality Check this is a one-time posting of a deadline. I will post a couple dates & times. In each case, I will list the conditions under which that deadline is the one you should look to. For all goals, I am working under the assumptions that you do not want to pay 2 gems per hour to speed your farms unless absolutely necessary. Speeding the den and nest is half the price. So if you want to conserve gems, you will try breeding without speeding until the last minute that you can complete everything else in the quest for free.

I am basing this on the final hour, counting backwards to a due-time for your simian egg to be in the nest. If this were a goal to breed an animal with a unique breeding time, the deadline would be to see the correct timer in your den. However, coincidentally :rolleyes: the goal is to breed an animal that has not one but TWO other animals of the same element combo have the SAME breed time. (For those unfamiliar with TL's manipulative tactics, this is something they pretty much ALWAYS do on limited animals - give it the same timer as another of the same elements, trying to twist your arm into speeding when you get the correct timer to see if it is indeed the animal you want or just yet another fail.)

These are only valid if you have 6 farms capable of producing rune prunes. If you have fewer farms than that, either buy /upgrade farms, or have your SS ready much earlier.
If you have 4 large farms, your deadline is 20-21 hours BEFORE what the list states.
If you have only 3 large farms, your deadline is 40-42 hours before the list deadline. a.k.a. you are screwed. :)

If you DO have a solar simian in your park level 5 or lower, and 25 gems on hand, I HIGHLY recommend you pay the 25g to skip step 2 and then finish steps 3 & 4 at your leisure. It's WAY too much stress and as a lucky baby SS owner, you have the luxury of not having to deal with that stress. If this is the case and you are a little shy of the 25 gems required for this, ask. People will probably help you out, possibly up to the game's limit of 20 gems received per day. Just please post again when you have received enough gems so people don't continue to hold out on their usual gem buddies to keep helping people who no longer need the help. :)

If you do not have a solar simian in your park level 5 or lower, and you do not want to pay gems to speed the level 3-4 evolution of your solar simian... and...
you do not want to plant rune prunes now in the hopes that you will remember to not collect them until it's time (I know myself - if I see farms ready to collect, I automatically collect them. Asking myself to remember to not touch the ripe prunes in my forest for days on end is like putting a small object on the edge of a surface right in front of an awake cat and hoping the cat will not knock said object off... so I will not plant the prunes until my simian is in the den - that way I can't accidentally collect them too early, and throw off my timing), and...
You can be online during the final hour of the quest (1-2PM EDT next Tuesday) to collect rune prunes... and...
You can be online 20-21 hours before that (4-5pm EDT Monday), to collect rune prunes... THEN...
Your deadline to have a solar simian in the nest is 8PM EDT Sunday.
Plant your first set of prunes as soon you have a SS in the nest. Just be sure to hatch it (after 6 hours), feed it 20 fruit, evolve it (5 hours), then feed it 30 fruit during the 20 hours your prunes are growing.

If all of this list applies except that you don't mind spending 5 gems to speed his evolution, your SS in the nest deadline 1AM EDT Monday.

If you do not have a solar simian in your park level 5 or lower, and you do not want to pay gems to speed the level 3-4 evolution of your solar simian... and...
you are a much stronger person than I who can leave ripe rune prunes sitting ready to be collected for days on end without accidentally tapping them... and...
You can be online at 10-11AM EDT Monday to to hatch your SS, feed it and put it in the flower... and...
You can be online 4-5PM EDT Monday to retrieve him from the evolution flower, feed him another 30 food, collect your prunes and plant another set of them... and...
You can be online during the final hour of the quest (1-2PM EDT next Tuesday) to collect the second batch of rune prunes, THEN...
Your deadline to have a solar simian in the nest is 4AM EDT Monday
and be online at all the times listed above to follow those step.

If all of this list applies except that you don't mind spending 5 gems to speed his evolution, your SS in the nest deadline is 10AM EDT Monday

If you want to keep trying up until the last minute, and can avoid accidentally collecting rune prunes planted in advance, remember that you need to save some gems to finish the rest of the quest: 6 gems to speed the egg when you finally get it + 5 gems to speed 1 evolution + 240 gems to speed 6 rune prunes = 251 gems total need to be not used up on last-minute speed breeding if you want to finish.

Sorry this is so long. I wanted it to be much shorted but I know people get confused when I don't type it all out. Any questions?

EDT = Eastern Daylight Savings Time = GMT -4. Used only because I had to pick one time zone to use so I chose my own. :p

readysetgo888
04-15-15, 05:09 PM
Wow zen... that was a lot of work. Very helpful list. :)

So, what I'm getting here is that Sunday evening is sort of the deadline to get it done without gems, and that's only if you have 6 farms.... and that since I only have 4 farms, I probably need one like Friday.

Worst quest ever. I should probably just give up now, but at least this has helped me to figure that if I haven't bred a simian by Saturday morning, I might as well quit trying and move on to something else. I'm not spending any gems on this ridiculous steaming pile. Not even to speed the last 3 hours of 6 hour fails. Because **** this money grabbing ****.

zenobia42
04-15-15, 05:30 PM
Wow zen... that was a lot of work. Very helpful list. :)

So, what I'm getting here is that Sunday evening is sort of the deadline to get it done without gems, and that's only if you have 6 farms.... and that since I only have 4 farms, I probably need one like Friday.

Worst quest ever. I should probably just give up now, but at least this has helped me to figure that if I haven't bred a simian by Saturday morning, I might as well quit trying and move on to something else. I'm not spending any gems on this ridiculous steaming pile. Not even to speed the last 3 hours of 6 hour fails. Because **** this money grabbing ****.

With 4 farms instead of 6 you need to add 20-21 hours is all (3 batches of 4 instead of 2 batches of 6). Your deadline is Saturday midnight EDT (technically Sunday morning). Or if you can resist tapping on farms with ripe prunes until then, your deadline is 8PM Sunday.

If anyone comes close to the times listed but not quite, your deadline is earlier by that amount of time. For example, let's say are in the same boat as me - you can't have runes in your park for days and remember to never ever tap them, and all the others in the second option. But you also know you will be busy at work during the 4-5PM Monday timeframe for that deadline. But you can hatch and re-plant some rune prunes at lunch that day, say 3 hours before that. You simply need to adjust the 8PM Sunday deadline for having your SS in the nest to 3 hours earlier, 5PM EDT.

zenobia42
04-15-15, 05:34 PM
My attempts to breed a "rare" :rolleyes: solar simian. Like most or all veteran players, my simian is too high a level to just gem-skip part 2 of this quest. I need a new simian to move on.
5:00 fail

fantasy12forest
04-15-15, 06:06 PM
I sure could use some neighbors that'll be gem buddies with me!

CoodieBug
04-15-15, 06:25 PM
I agree. I've had about 14 fails now. I will not be happy if I don't finish in time.

Going on 8 fails now--getting more ridiculous by the minute-- :-(

forestwald
04-15-15, 06:57 PM
Well, it took probably about 18 fails to get solar simian. I am really starting to dislike ferrets.....I have now planted rune prune sand ready to collect pears. According to Zen, I should be good to go, hopefully..... ;)

Buttercup0001
04-15-15, 08:02 PM
6 Fairy Ferrets, 1 Vinatour and 1 Jackalope but no Solar Simian...3hrs egg in the nest and 3hrs in the breeding den. There is NO WAY I will be spending my gems in speeding things up or buying a Solar Simian for 400 gems. My solar Simian is sitting on level 12 so I realydo need to breed and hatch one. Id rather miss out on this animal than to have no gems. The odds are just plain ridiculous. Ill keep trying but if I do not breed the solar simian in time well thats how it goes.

Zenobia thanks again for compiling your list to help other players. You are one selfless and thoughtful lady.

gnomerztribe
04-15-15, 08:10 PM
Im sick and tired of getting simian....if i skip it for 25 golds, can i also skip step 3?how much gold do i need to skip step 3 coz my simian is already at lvl 15?pls help guys....thanks.....

fantasy12forest
04-15-15, 08:32 PM
My SS has now been bred, hatched, fed until ready to evolve & is chillin in flower ☺️ I have prune runes already growing & it's about time for bed. I'm one happy girl to finally have my ducks in a row! Nighty Night and Good Luck!!!

I'm looking for ACTIVE gem buddies 😉

vulpesvulpes1
04-15-15, 08:53 PM
Thanks to Zenobia for all the work. I had critters like Thunder Mammoth and Fairy Ferret clogging the nest and breeding sites but have a lvl. 4 Solar Simian (and a lvl. 10 one). (Unfortunately, TM was placed in the "evolution" chamber and has a 16-hr. timer.)

cocauina
04-16-15, 12:32 AM
Well I just put my Solar Simian in the nest and apparently I've finished the gosl of hatching a Solar Simian when it's still hatching.. And my goal now is to feed this animal when I still didn't hatch it..

Is the goal wrong or is my game that it's crazy..?

Animenia
04-16-15, 02:17 AM
Zenobia you are crazy :) Thanks for all the work! And thanks for everyone - your information and suggestion are very very useful.

Luckily I have Solar Simian lvl 4, but I don't want spend my gems and I still try to breed it. I've get four Simians when trying to breed Paradise Parrot, but now I can't breed it of course :D

chippychan
04-16-15, 04:08 AM
Im sick and tired of getting simian....if i skip it for 25 golds, can i also skip step 3?how much gold do i need to skip step 3 coz my simian is already at lvl 15?pls help guys....thanks.....

The cost to skip step 3 is 25 gems and the cost to skip step 4 is 250, so it will cost you 275 total to go right to the harvesting food step (which is a pretty easy one).

To everyone who has mentioned buying Solar Simian for 400 gems: DON'T DO IT! If you feel the need to spend gems to get past the solar simian portion just spend 275 to skip steps 3 & 4. It's cheaper AND you don't have to waste food on feeding him.

My main account is almost done this quest ( I spent the gems on speeding through steps 3 & 4 since I had some saved & I really wanted this animal), and my second account was lucky enough to breed the simian 2nd try so that account will get this too.

I am so sorry to hear about all the fails that others are getting; I truly hope your luck changes. The fails are short at the very least, but incredibly frustrating nonetheless.

I know a lot of people are complaining about this quest, and it's understandable. Personally the only gripe I have with how this quest was handled is the first step; they needed to specify to breed fire/nature to be fair & decent. They KNEW people were trying for the llama (which has VERY long fail times) so they KNEW people would be tempted to spend gems to speed what was in their nest to have a chance at this quest. Very underhanded indeed...

YasminIssa
04-16-15, 06:04 AM
Another slap in the face to the veteran players. We have most of the older animals at epic levels like solar Simeon's and with so little extra room, that is one animal we would not have extras of. I have not been able to breed a new one and had a higher hourly egg in the nest and one set of animals breeding when this came out. Then I have had about 6 fails with jackalopes and ferrets. I sped up the ones I had on my nest but I refuse to use any more gems on this. As much as I would like it, I don't think I will have enough time. I was so frustrated from the last event and now this. They obviously don't want veteran players anymore. I am at a stage where I am no longer going to purchase gems anymore. I am just too frustrated by all this and making the solar Simeon harder than normal to get. Hopefully they will start to realize that they are not making this fun anymore so people will quit if they don't change and make things a bit more attainable. I keep getting the same old animals when I do breed so it is hard to feel good about playing.

Same situation here. I just feel bad for all the Solar Simians I sold in previous quests when we did not really wanted one and now we have again to go through all this hateful breeding experience in order to get an animal that I used to have many of only to end up having another Fallaby, Ferret, Jackalop......
As a long time player who used to be eager to finish each quest , I have to say that I really lost my passion to this game and i'm angry for that.

LocalNews
04-16-15, 06:22 AM
Same situation here. I just feel bad for all the Solar Simians I sold in previous quests when we did not really wanted one and now we have again to go through all this hateful breeding experience in order to get an animal that I used to have many of only to end up having another Fallaby, Ferret, Jackalop......
As a long time player who used to be eager to finish each quest , I have to say that I really lost my passion to this game and i'm angry for that.

Well, before bed last night I finally got a 6 hour breed. I was not optimistic it would be an SS but it was!!! I had plenty of food so I quickly got it to lvl. 10 and am now trying to get the prickly pear drops at a one hour rate. Hopefully your luck will change too. I felt all hope was lost but my poor luck FINALLY changed. Good luck to everybody.

YasminIssa
04-16-15, 06:31 AM
Well, before bed last night I finally got a 6 hour breed. I was not optimistic it would be an SS but it was!!! I had plenty of food so I quickly got it to lvl. 10 and am now trying to get the prickly pear drops at a one hour rate. Hopefully your luck will change too. I felt all hope was lost but my poor luck FINALLY changed. Good luck to everybody.

Congratulations!

Thanks to Zenobia's elaborations in previous pages, I still hope I can manage it before time finishes. I pray for that and to all who still trying to breed SS.

Doompicnic
04-16-15, 06:56 AM
I am so disappointed I still have not bred a Solar Simian yet:( I have been trying constantly since it started. I guess I won't be getting this animal.

zenobia42
04-16-15, 07:11 AM
My attempts to breed a "rare" :rolleyes: solar simian.
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

Foxy_Kit
04-16-15, 07:13 AM
A huge thank-you to zenobia for sharing some fantastic information with us, and everyone else also. :)

I'm trying to breed a solar simian but sadly, it doesn't want to appear. However, the elusive Vinotaur and Paradise Parrot (and the inevitable herd of Ferrets) has decided to come join me (been trying for 6 months to get a Vinotaur).

... the Kitsune is very cute, but if I don't manage to get one within the reasonable quest time, then I cannot do much about it :)

viridium
04-16-15, 07:31 AM
Small question when I got a lv4 sun Afiki can i feed it and skip the stupid P2 thing?
This would mean to feed it until lv 13 but better this than none of them to feed,I tried to boost it but I always get everything but not the sun ape!

How much days would it be to get part 4?240 :6 farms 40 of each farm means 2*20 hour crops .And strangely since june 2014 everything on crops costs twice per hour not one gold/jewel....So sad that most player forgot this change .
And how much crops needs the ape? I have now 30000 to not stress myself as with the moonlight dragon on DS

LonePudding
04-16-15, 09:01 AM
Ugh I've had 3 6hrs so far, and all 3 were the fallaby that were 'new' to my island. When it rains it pours :(

FigmentValley
04-16-15, 09:14 AM
Small question when I got a lv4 sun Afiki can i feed it and skip the stupid P2 thing?
This would mean to feed it until lv 13 but better this than none of them to feed,I tried to boost it but I always get everything but not the sun ape!

How much days would it be to get part 4?240 :6 farms 40 of each farm means 2*20 hour crops .And strangely since june 2014 everything on crops costs twice per hour not one gold/jewel....So sad that most player forgot this change .
And how much crops needs the ape? I have now 30000 to not stress myself as with the moonlight dragon on DS

You can skip the 2nd step of breeding a new sun Afiki, but it will cost 25 gems if I recall correctly. Once skipped, feeding the beast you have does not require very much food -they are cheap to feed. If I understand you correctly, you have 30000 food -that is WAY more than enough. If you already have that level 4 creature, feed it to 9, evolve it (6 hours) and when it comes out, feed it to 50 feedings. WHILE YOU ARE EVOLVING, plant 20 hour food. The creature will be ready before your food is out, but it will give you a head start on the food. All you need is two plantings of 20 hour food on 6 farms for step 4.

You have plenty of time. The only expenditure of gems needed is the 25 (? Correct?) to skip breeding a new creature in step 2.

readysetgo888
04-16-15, 09:36 AM
Ugh I've had 3 6hrs so far, and all 3 were the fallaby that were 'new' to my island. When it rains it pours :(

Yep.... several Ferrets and two 6 hour timers for me... Obviously I want the Simian, and the Parrot would also be new to me. Nope. Both Fallaby's.

Anyone still think this game isn't rigged? :rolleyes:

Sylvrthrne
04-16-15, 09:46 AM
For the last step, are we supposed to plant rune prunes, or power pears? I've seen both written.

Thanks!

zenobia42
04-16-15, 10:00 AM
For the last step, are we supposed to plant rune prunes, or power pears? I've seen both written.

Thanks!

Plant whatever you like. :) Every hour of something growing gives you 1 prickly pear.

viridium
04-16-15, 10:13 AM
Oh thanks this helps a lot! Maybe I get the simian tomorrow otherwise I have to feed the lil one i got once as fail

zenobia42
04-16-15, 10:19 AM
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

dragonloona
04-16-15, 10:35 AM
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

Your not the only having issues... this is my total in trying for ONE lousy solar simian!!!

Fairy ferret- 46

Fallaby- 9

Jackalope- 8

Paradise parrot- 2

Vinotaur- 6

Solar simian- 0

I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE!!!!

my607
04-16-15, 10:36 AM
Which habitat does this animal belong to?

MaribouMay
04-16-15, 10:47 AM
Your not the only having issues... this is my total in trying for ONE lousy solar simian!!!

Fairy ferret- 46

Fallaby- 9

Jackalope- 8

Paradise parrot- 2

Vinotaur- 6

Solar simian- 0

Wow! Are you saying you have bred 71 times trying for a Solar Simian? I would be pissed too! That is insane.

dragonloona
04-16-15, 10:50 AM

Fairy ferret- 46

Fallaby- 9

Jackalope- 8

Paradise parrot- 2

Vinotaur- 6

Solar simian- 0

Another 6 hour... if it's another paradise parrot or Fallaby then I QUIT!!! Im starting to think something is wrong with my game in not getting ONE RARE solar simian and a bunch of fallaby!!!!

dragonloona
04-16-15, 10:56 AM
Wow! Are you saying you have bred 71 times trying for a Solar Simian? I would be pissed too! That is insane.

Yah, I know I'm not the only one, Zen had such a hard time with the Christmas creatures and it hurts!!! I have so little money, and lots of Internet issues!!!! Sad that I'm having so many issues with a rare creature and not super rare or an ultra rare!!!

rjazz
04-16-15, 11:17 AM
I gave up trying to breed one.

MaribouMay
04-16-15, 11:27 AM
Yah, I know I'm not the only one, Zen had such a hard time with the Christmas creatures and it hurts!!! I have so little money, and lots of Internet issues!!!! Sad that I'm having so many issues with a rare creature and not super rare or an ultra rare!!!

Sorry you are having so much trouble! I feel bad for you.

ninasidstorm8
04-16-15, 12:26 PM
I am sorry to hear that so many players are having a lot of problems with this one. I started on this a bit late since I had a 17 hour fail in the breeding den when the goal started. I just put a Solar Simian on the nest after 8 tries. My failures included 2 Jackalopes around 5 straight Fairy Ferrets. Although it is not a new animal, it is the first animal that I actually was trying to get this month. I already have level 10 & 12 Solar Simians from my first month of playing the game (they were two of my primary fighters in the first two battlegrounds). Wouldn't have minded getting a Paradise Parrot along the way to finish out the Nature/Fire animals but I am glad to get this part of the goal out of the way. I don't anticipate any problems with the next two parts.

Still wondering what the Caboodle part of the goal is going to be. I don't think we'll find out tomorrow, probably next Tuesday. I believe we will get a mini (12 round) tournament tomorrow, since its been 10 days since the start of the last full tournament.

Back to failing to get a Unicorn/Tesllama/Monsoon Marmot. Another 17 hour fail in the Breeding Den.

Good Luck to those still trying,

zenobia42
04-16-15, 12:34 PM

omg, dragonloona, that IS almost as bad as my Xmas fails... and since you don't have it yet it could end up being even worse. :( I had 84 fails before I got an Xmas animals, and that was with TWO possible win outcomes (reindeer or poodle) where this quest has only one win (the simian).

zenobia42
04-16-15, 01:21 PM
My running count as of now:

fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

epinederose
04-16-15, 01:47 PM
I think s8 h?tes you, zen.....
:cool:

I gave up speeding after kitsune, now i am trying to breed the new super rare electric-earth animal, and got 22hours, it Is pterodactyl, which i havent got yet.. It Is a good surprise and i reache the point of "i dont care anymore"....

Good luck to all of you who stil try to win... I havent got the envy to go on with that... Just playing... No more hurry or Speed... Too much stress, not enough sleep.... I quit the stress....
;)

shakarov
04-16-15, 02:02 PM
19757 got it

calvinxx
04-16-15, 02:15 PM
I just finished the quest! She is on the nest now :) Such a pretty egg! My stormID is calvinxx if you wanna have a look :)

readysetgo888
04-16-15, 02:28 PM
I just got my 3rd 6 hour timer.... I swear if it's a 3rd Fallaby I will never ever spend another cent on this game. Oh wait that's an empty threat because I aleady am never spending another cent on this game.

LonePudding
04-16-15, 02:35 PM
I just got my 3rd 6 hour timer.... I swear if it's a 3rd Fallaby I will never ever spend another cent on this game. Oh wait that's an empty threat because I aleady am never spending another cent on this game.

Good luck! All 3 6hrs were the fallaby for me, I hope the game is a bit nicer to you. Maybe that's asking too much...

sweetdeda
04-16-15, 03:04 PM
Congrats to all that have made it through the quest already! And good luck to all still trying, I myself am 63% through prickly pears so it won't be long!

Listal
04-16-15, 03:07 PM
I have a level 8 solar samian, will that work to feed it 50 times before its epic?

if not, what combos have bred you the solar saimain? 3 faerie ferrets so far

shakarov
04-16-15, 03:21 PM
My was ferret and pony

ninasidstorm8
04-16-15, 03:34 PM
I have a level 8 solar samian, will that work to feed it 50 times before its epic?

if not, what combos have bred you the solar saimain? 3 faerie ferrets so far

You can feed an animal 5 times for each level. Depending on where your Solar Simian is in the process, you could feed it between 31 and 35 times, so that won't work if you only have 1. Any animals that have Fire and Nature components will work to breed a Solar Simian, for the best odds do not use creatures with any other elements. I prefer to keep it simple and use the Pandaffodil and the Pyro Pony.

Buttercup0001
04-16-15, 03:36 PM
Yep.... several Ferrets and two 6 hour timers for me... Obviously I want the Simian, and the Parrot would also be new to me. Nope. Both Fallaby's.

Anyone still think this game isn't rigged? :rolleyes:

Absolutely rigged. Ive been trying for the Solar simian constantly for 2 days now and all I've gotten are Fairy ferrets, Jackalopes and throw in a SR Vinatour. 2 solid days of breeding for what and reading recent post some players have either finished the goal or halfway through it. And here are veteran players still waiting to breed a Solar Simian just to get past stage 2 in the goal. What a joke. I think the joke is on us veteran players. Im totally disgusted. I think ill just leave this unfairly ridiculous goal. In all honesty I'd thought by now I'd be at least 1/4 of the way into the goal. Im not happy at all with the way this is panning out.

Listal
04-16-15, 03:55 PM
You can feed an animal 5 times for each level. Depending on where your Solar Simian is in the process, you could feed it between 31 and 35 times, so that won't work if you only have 1. Any animals that have Fire and Nature components will work to breed a Solar Simian, for the best odds do not use creatures with any other elements. I prefer to keep it simple and use the Pandaffodil and the Pyro Pony.

s0 level 8 won't work correct

zenobia42
04-16-15, 03:58 PM
s0 level 8 won't work correct

correct. If you have a level 8 AND another that you can level twice, it would work. But if all you have is a simian higher than level 5, sadly, you have to buy or breed or pay to skip the step.

LonePudding
04-16-15, 04:12 PM
correct. If you have a level 8 AND another that you can level twice, it would work. But if all you have is a simian higher than level 5, sadly, you have to buy or breed or pay to skip the step.

So it doesn't have to be the same simian? I have a lvl 10 one waiting around, he can get me my first 25 feeds. Still waiting on the second one to arrive though.

kooky panda
04-16-15, 04:15 PM
So it doesn't have to be the same simian? I have a lvl 10 one waiting around, he can get me my first 25 feeds. Still waiting on the second one to arrive though.
I used both of mine to feed to complete the goal.
You do not need to use just one.

LonePudding
04-16-15, 04:20 PM
I used both of mine to feed to complete the goal.
You do not need to use just one.

Thanks!:D

Listal
04-16-15, 04:42 PM

so if i pay to skip that step, then i be on raising the fruits from crops, or do I still need to feed a solar simain?

sorry a bit confused

readysetgo888
04-16-15, 05:20 PM
so if i pay to skip that step, then i be on raising the fruits from crops, or do I still need to feed a solar simain?

sorry a bit confused

No, you can pay 25 gems to skip the step to breed a simian, but you will still have to feed a simian 50 times. I believe it costs 275 gems to skip the feeding step... so 300 total to skip everything to do with a simian.

MaribouMay
04-16-15, 05:28 PM
Well I was at about 75% of the prickly pears that I need to get the Cactus Kitsune when I accidentally used gems to finish the quest. I went from about 140-150 gems to 22 gems. I had no desire to spend this gold as I had plenty of time to earn those prickly pears and my nest was full.The animal is still in storage and will remain there for a while as my nest is pretty busy. What do you think the chances are that I can get my gems back?

The last time I tried something like this it was to get a measly 36 gold at the end of a boosted breed for coins weekend because DS forgot(?) to change the graphic. The graphic said coins but charged gold. Clearly their fault right? I contacted support and did get my gold back but only after being treated like a criminal. Seriously? If I was going to try to get something for nothing, I would not go for just 36 gold.

Granted 120-130 gems is not that much, nothing like what others have lost to gold/gem traps. But, when dealing with a company (TL) that is so predatory, my fairness gene kicks in and I feel like I need to get some small amount of justice. Or maybe just leave the game all together.

So, think I can get my gems back? Think I can get them back without being treated like a criminal? Should I bother to find out?

ninasidstorm8
04-16-15, 06:13 PM
No, you can pay 25 gems to skip the step to breed a simian, but you will still have to feed a simian 50 times. I believe it costs 275 gems to skip the feeding step... so 300 total to skip everything to do with a simian.

I just started feeding the Solar Simian step. It appears that once you start feeding him, the number of gems required to finish the step is reduced. 15/50 feedings now needs 175 gems. I didn't pay attention to the initial number of gems but it looks to me that each feeding reduces the number of gems to complete the feeding step by 5 gems.

So if you do have a Solar Simian and want to skip the breeding step, you should feed the Solar Simian as much as you can before finishing the feeding step with gems.

JeannesThinkin
04-16-15, 06:28 PM
The only fail I am willing to have is a Paradise Parrot. I don't have one yet, and I can't afford month after month of breeding that animal.

The Kitsune looks superb, worthy of my tries.

ninasidstorm8
04-16-15, 06:54 PM

You may not want to do that depending on how much food you have and how much time is left in the goal. A New Solar Simian can be fed 15 times before it has to be evolved from level 3 to level 4 (6 hours to evolve). Then it can be fed 30 more times before it has to evolved from level 9 to level 10 (6 hours to evolve). Your cheapest and fastest route would be to feed the new Solar Simian until it is time to evolve to level 10 and then start feeding your level 10 Solar Simian. If you want to get your current level 10 Solar Simian to level 15 and you have plenty of food, then you might want to start feeding the level 10 Solar Simian. Remember as you move up levels the cost of feeding an animal goes up.

zenobia42
04-16-15, 07:37 PM
Well I was at about 75% of the prickly pears that I need to get the Cactus Kitsune when I accidentally used gems to finish the quest. I went from about 140-150 gems to 22 gems. I had no desire to spend this gold as I had plenty of time to earn those prickly pears and my nest was full.The animal is still in storage and will remain there for a while as my nest is pretty busy. What do you think the chances are that I can get my gems back?

The last time I tried something like this it was to get a measly 36 gold at the end of a boosted breed for coins weekend because DS forgot(?) to change the graphic. The graphic said coins but charged gold. Clearly their fault right? I contacted support and did get my gold back but only after being treated like a criminal. Seriously? If I was going to try to get something for nothing, I would not go for just 36 gold.

Granted 120-130 gems is not that much, nothing like what others have lost to gold/gem traps. But, when dealing with a company (TL) that is so predatory, my fairness gene kicks in and I feel like I need to get some small amount of justice. Or maybe just leave the game all together.

So, think I can get my gems back? Think I can get them back without being treated like a criminal? Should I bother to find out?

Sadly, you have about zero point zero zero zero chance of getting your gems back. We are not allowed to talk about our experiences with TL/S8 customer "support" :rolleyes: on this forum, but suffice it to say, purely hypothetically, that if you fall into one of a certain gaming company's cleverly placed gem traps, write and tell them you had no intention to spend those $15 worth of gems, and ask for help restoring them, you receive a denial so cold-hearted, so cruelly cutting, it seems impossible to believe a human being actually wrote it. Except that they include details of what you suffered in the reply so you know there is a "human" actually typing up the reponse. They must either hire people with no human capacity for empathy, or those they hire for the job of telling people who essentially had their money stolen by the game to eff off, somehow drop off their humanity & empathy in a basket at the door of their work office for the day, and pick it up again when they leave, like an umbrella.

cocauina
04-16-15, 07:38 PM

I already posted this, BUT the actual cost for this goal is 500 gems and not 275. ninasidstorm8 was able to explain to how the cost reduces works after you feed the monkey.

I have a screenshot of the last goal and the amount of gems needed is 500 gems.

babiiba
04-16-15, 07:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just skipped the 2nd step of the quest by paying the 25 gems instead of breading the simian, as in the last 2 days I managed to bread around 8 Fairy Ferrets.. grrr. I'm quite disappointed that the new goal is to feed the simian 50 times..as I have a lvl 10 simian, it'll take so much time to feed it 25 times (to Epic) then I would have to spend gems on finishing this goal.
What comes next? I've read that we should collect some pears? How many? Does it give one/farm/hour? I want to calculate if it is worth spending all my gems on the feeding part.(I have only 150 gems left, since last week my two year old had my phone and spent 500 gems on apples...-first I almost got shocked then all the family started laughing like stupid :DD)

Dear mates, thx for help!! I wouldn't care anyway, but I like this animal so much, it's so beautiful!

(Ps: has anyone managed to breed the lama? I managed Shock Fox at least 8 times, and nothing more. I cannot see any lama eggs in my neighbours' nest..)

cocauina
04-16-15, 07:43 PM
Hi babiiba,

Yeah, we need to plant 240 of food, this works like the world event, 1 pear per hour. To skip the goal is 500 gems, but the gems cost it will reduce when you harvest food. Have ready 20hrs in every farm so when you finish feeding the monkey, you have fodd ready to harvest.

(No Tesllama, only a 2nd Terradactyl, at least I just got a Bansheep - I'm using dark, earth and electric in the breeding)

babiiba
04-16-15, 07:58 PM
Hi babiiba,

Yeah, we need to plant 240 of food, this works like the world event, 1 pear per hour. To skip the goal is 500 gems, but the gems cost it will reduce when you harvest food. Have ready 20hrs in every farm so when you finish feeding the monkey, you have fodd ready to harvest.

(No Tesllama, only a 2nd Terradactyl, at least I just got a Bansheep - I'm using dark, earth and electric in the breeding)

240 pears? So if all the farms work all the time, it would take 40 hours, which is a little more than one and a half day. Thanks for help!!!
I think I can do the feeding part until that! I have to feed my lvl 10 simian 25 times (how many apples can it be?? I feed up all my apples all the time, so I have none now) then I'll have to spend 125 gems on the remaining 25 feed? If it's ready 40 hours before the end if the quest, then I'm okay.
Thx again!!

zenobia42
04-16-15, 08:05 PM

fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
6:00 timer - fingers crossed!

rjazz
04-16-15, 08:13 PM
Fingers crossed for you! (And all trying).

ninasidstorm8
04-16-15, 08:38 PM

fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

Sending good thoughts your way.

MaribouMay
04-16-15, 09:44 PM
Sadly, you have about zero point zero zero zero chance of getting your gems back.

Yes, I suspected as much. I'm starting feel like supporting this company in any way is morally wrong.

Ratisorn
04-16-15, 11:05 PM
Nice egg ,good luck guy.

babiiba
04-17-15, 01:52 AM

fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
jackalope
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret
fairy ferret

Fingers crossed for your having a simian. Plus I sent you a gem dear Zen, that's how I would like to thank you for your efforts you do to all the other players :) (my land is Forestyx) :)

chippychan
04-17-15, 04:14 AM

I already posted this, BUT the actual cost for this goal is 500 gems and not 275. ninasidstorm8 was able to explain to how the cost reduces works after you feed the monkey.

It's actually 250 gems to skip the step to feed the Solar Simian. It costs 500 gems to skip collecting the prickly pears.

So to clarify the total gem cost for each step:

Step 1 (breed any 2 animals) - 10 gems
Step 2 (breed a solar simian) - 25 gems
Step 3 (feed solar simian 50 times) - 250 gems
Step 4 (collect prickly pears) - 500 gems

NOTE that the cost of the 4th step decreases based on how many prickly pears you have collected.

idrispad
04-17-15, 04:26 AM
No luck in my forest yet. I haven't been keeping track though. I did manage to get a parrot out if it which was almost worth the disappointment of finding out that that 6 hour timer wasn't the solar simian.

cocauina
04-17-15, 04:29 AM
It's actually 250 gems to skip the step to feed the Solar Simian. It costs 500 gems to skip collecting the prickly pears.

So to clarify the total gem cost for each step:

Step 1 (breed any 2 animals) - 10 gems
Step 2 (breed a solar simian) - 25 gems
Step 3 (feed solar simian 50 times) - 250 gems
Step 4 (collect prickly pears) - 500 gems

NOTE that the cost of the 4th step decreases based on how many prickly pears you have collected.

Ooooops, I confused myself with the amounts of the last 2 goals... (Not very happy now xD)
I just payed attention and saw carefully the screenshots I have and the amount of gems is the one that you said.

I'm sorry!

CoodieBug
04-17-15, 05:43 AM

My sentiments exactly! I'm on my 16th fail and sick of it! I think there's something wrong with my breeding den!! TL can't be this vicious???!!! They certainly are ignorant "business" people😝

readysetgo888
04-17-15, 05:52 AM
I actually did get a simian from my third six hour timer, but this in no way decreases my disgust for this quest. I know I got incredibly lucky with this, and that many many players will not get their simian on time. This is a totally unfair, stupid, greedy quest. I guess that's all I can expect from this or any other TL game.

CoodieBug
04-17-15, 06:06 AM
Yes, I suspected as much. I'm starting feel like supporting this company in any way is morally wrong.

Ditto!!!!!

CoodieBug
04-17-15, 06:12 AM
I wonder if there's a Better Business Bureau to complain about Internet games. This is emotional abuse as far as I'm concerned. Wish I didn't like my little animals so much. My commitment is waning��

readysetgo888
04-17-15, 06:28 AM
I just started feeding the Solar Simian step. It appears that once you start feeding him, the number of gems required to finish the step is reduced. 15/50 feedings now needs 175 gems. I didn't pay attention to the initial number of gems but it looks to me that each feeding reduces the number of gems to complete the feeding step by 5 gems.

So if you do have a Solar Simian and want to skip the breeding step, you should feed the Solar Simian as much as you can before finishing the feeding step with gems.

Yes, I see this now... same thing happened to me.

readysetgo888
04-17-15, 06:29 AM
Has anyone tried breeding with their Solar Simian? My successful breeding pair was Simian X Fallaby... normally I don't think it makes any difference what animals you use, but I was just wondering, what if this is the one time it does? It would make the quest a lot less unfair.

Since there's nothing to lose, I might suggest that everyone try breeding with their Simian a couple times.

babiiba
04-17-15, 06:47 AM
Has anyone tried breeding with their Solar Simian? My successful breeding pair was Simian X Fallaby... normally I don't think it makes any difference what animals you use, but I was just wondering, what if this is the one time it does? It would make the quest a lot less unfair.
Since there's nothing to lose, I might suggest that everyone try breeding with their Simian a couple times.

Yes, I tried several times and it didn't make any difference :( I also use Pandaffodil, FF and Pyro Pony, but so far I had about 8 FFs, one Parrot (I'm happy with it, cause it is my 1st one, and now I have a 5 hour egg-perhaps the Jackalope? I cannot use the breeding calculator on my phone.) I used the Simian at least 5 times..

readysetgo888
04-17-15, 06:51 AM
Yes, I tried several times and it didn't make any difference :( I also use Pandaffodil, FF and Pyro Pony, but so far I had about 8 FFs, one Parrot (I'm happy with it, cause it is my 1st one, and now I have a 5 hour egg-perhaps the Jackalope? I cannot use the breeding calculator on my phone.) I used the Simian at least 5 times..

Awww, ok. So much for giving TL the benefit of the doubt that they really did make this quest fair in some way.

Nope, still back to being WORSE than a one week limited animal. The odds on a Simian are probably down around 5%. And you have maybe 4-5 days to breed one. Yep, most unfair thing they've put in the game to date.

zenobia42
04-17-15, 07:09 AM
I actually did get a simian from my third six hour timer, but this in no way decreases my disgust for this quest. I know I got incredibly lucky with this, and that many many players will not get their simian on time. This is a totally unfair, stupid, greedy quest. I guess that's all I can expect from this or any other TL game.

I, too got a simian from the 6:00 hour I posted about before bed last night. I'm very glad to be able to complete the goal myself, but it is tempered a lot by feeling bad for everyone everyone their tinkered-with odds are continuing to make game life miserable for.

ETA: And babiba, yes, 5 hours is a jackalope.

saucysammis
04-17-15, 08:27 AM
Yeah. Wow. Puffalo quest was different. A breath of fresh air. This game has become the torture of making the same mistake over and over again while hoping for a different outcome.

MaribouMay
04-17-15, 09:09 AM
I wonder if there's a Better Business Bureau to complain about Internet games. This is emotional abuse as far as I'm concerned. Wish I didn't like my little animals so much. My commitment is waning��

Ditto.

I have started looking for new games.

Doompicnic
04-17-15, 09:10 AM
So disappointed in this quest. I wish it was breed any fire/nature not a specific animal. So frustrating. I'm on my like 50th fail.

LonePudding
04-17-15, 09:17 AM
So disappointed in this quest. I wish it was bread any fire/nature not a specific animal. So frustrating. I'm on my like 50th fail.

Same here.:(

Hawksmoor
04-17-15, 09:36 AM

I, too got a simian from the 6:00 hour I posted about before bed last night. I'm very glad to be able to complete the goal myself, but it is tempered a lot by feeling bad for everyone everyone their tinkered-with odds are continuing to make game life miserable for.

Congrats, glad you both got your Simian!

babiiba
04-17-15, 09:51 AM

I saw it in your nest and was happy about it :) you deserve it so much, you make so much effort for all of us! Please don't feel bad for the others, it's only a game, (however it can be very annoying..) be happy for your Simian! :)

RLrox
04-17-15, 10:14 AM
Shortly after being initiated into the 'Cynics Club', I actually got simian on my first attempt - strangely enough this in itself makes me no less cynical! Anyway, have now got the little guy in storage waiting for my Tessllama fail to finish.

RLrox
04-17-15, 10:15 AM
Sorry,that is to say have I finished the quest, not got the simian in storage!

YasminIssa
04-17-15, 10:15 AM
I just got my Simian :)
After several fails breeding Pyro with Panda to get only Ferret and Jackalops, I still don't have Paradise Parrot, I decided to change my breeding combos. The lucky one which resulted in a Solar Simian was Crystal Unicorn with Fairy Ferret, strange ha?!
Congratulations to all who got it already and best wished to those still trying.

rjazz
04-17-15, 10:18 AM
Mine's on the nest, I'm happy to say. Sending luck to all trying!

cocauina
04-17-15, 10:56 AM
I will get my Cactus Kitsune in 4hrs and 30min, good luck for the ones who are still trying!

Tictoclolo
04-17-15, 02:45 PM
Just got mine today! I'm happy! That comforts me a little after the Chocolate Rabbit's disappointment. This creature is really magnificient! The only thing I don't understand is why in French Version its name is "Renard Cactus". Renard=Fox in French wich is not exactly the same thing than a Kitsune (Japanese mythic creature). It's just a detail, I know, but, for the Japan's fan I am, it troubles me a little, lol. Especially as Kitsune are some of my favorite creatures of the Japanese folklore. XD

sweetdeda
04-17-15, 03:04 PM
Cactus Kitsune is in storage! Glad I got this one! Good luck to all still working on the quest!

LonePudding
04-17-15, 03:07 PM
Still no simian :(

sweetdeda
04-17-15, 03:10 PM
Keep trying LonePudding, crossing my fingers for you!

YasminIssa
04-17-15, 03:48 PM
Just got mine today! I'm happy! That comforts me a little after the Chocolate Rabbit's disappointment. This creature is really magnificient! The only thing I don't understand is why in French Version its name is "Renard Cactus". Renard=Fox in French wich is not exactly the same thing than a Kitsune (Japanese mythic creature). It's just a detail, I know, but, for the Japan's fan I am, it troubles me a little, lol. Especially as Kitsune are some of my favorite creatures of the Japanese folklore. XD

I just googled it. this is what I found in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. According to Yōkai folklore, all foxes have the ability to shape shift into women.

Buttercup0001
04-17-15, 04:02 PM

Same here Pudding and to think its ONLY a rare animal. With this many fails (3 days of trying now) its like trying for an Ultra Rare. :(

LonePudding
04-17-15, 04:26 PM
Keep trying LonePudding, crossing my fingers for you!

Same here Pudding and to think its ONLY a rare animal. With this many fails (3 days of trying now) its like trying for an Ultra Rare. :(

I really don't want to give up but I think it's time to. Why can't they just make one thing doable in this game, not everything should need gems to get.

seascape9
04-17-15, 04:52 PM
Yes, I was lucky enough to breed the llama, after I can't count how many shock foxes! I was not happy at first because I thought I got the terra dactyl, it was a 22 hour breed and that's what the terra dactyl is. I was shocked to find an unidentifiable egg in my nest and used gems to hatch it!

Hello Everyone,

I just skipped the 2nd step of the quest by paying the 25 gems instead of breading the simian, as in the last 2 days I managed to bread around 8 Fairy Ferrets.. grrr. I'm quite disappointed that the new goal is to feed the simian 50 times..as I have a lvl 10 simian, it'll take so much time to feed it 25 times (to Epic) then I would have to spend gems on finishing this goal.
What comes next? I've read that we should collect some pears? How many? Does it give one/farm/hour? I want to calculate if it is worth spending all my gems on the feeding part.(I have only 150 gems left, since last week my two year old had my phone and spent 500 gems on apples...-first I almost got shocked then all the family started laughing like stupid :DD)

Dear mates, thx for help!! I wouldn't care anyway, but I like this animal so much, it's so beautiful!

(Ps: has anyone managed to breed the lama? I managed Shock Fox at least 8 times, and nothing more. I cannot see any lama eggs in my neighbours' nest..)

YasminIssa
04-17-15, 05:49 PM
Yes, I was lucky enough to breed the llama, after I can't count how many shock foxes! I was not happy at first because I thought I got the terra dactyl, it was a 22 hour breed and that's what the terra dactyl is. I was shocked to find an unidentifiable egg in my nest and used gems to hatch it!

Same here. I got 22hrs and thought it was Terradactyl I was happy though because I don't have one. To my surprise it was Tesllama :)

Tictoclolo
04-17-15, 05:56 PM
I just googled it. this is what I found in Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. According to Yōkai folklore, all foxes have the ability to shape shift into women.

Yeah, I know that it's the same word in Japanese for the mythical creature and the animal. But in French, it's like in English: we commonly say Kitsune for the creature because it's the original name. So what's the point translate a name wich it's the same in the both languages ? Especially when the translation doesn't mean the same thing anymore...
But, like I said, it's just a detail. ;) It's just my "Japanimania" which talking in my place, lol. XD What's really matter is that's a really beautifull creature this time. Nice job to the designers!

I hope that all those who are trying for get it will success. Good luck everyone! ;)

sweetypies97
04-17-15, 07:21 PM
I got mine, woo! Can't wait to get her out of storage.

idrispad
04-18-15, 01:31 AM
Still no luck despite breeding at every opportunity since the quest started. I'm not prepared to speed any of them up as its a waste of gems with no further a range of getting the right animal. In general I seem to have zero luck with breeding any of the limited animals.

Is this meant to be enjoyable?

Em_storm
04-18-15, 04:34 AM
I have started thinking about this in the same light as many other things in life. I am NOT going to succeed at everything. Failure is what makes success worth something. Just as I refuse to give my students an "A" for learning everything they were told to learn, I refuse to assume that in FF I will get every creature offered just because I try. To learn a given set of information is what is EXPECTED of a student. To earn a "higher grade", one must do above and beyond the average. To get the more difficult creatures, I must strive "above and beyond" the average.

In the same way, every player is not going to succeed at every quest or every tournament. Winning is going above and beyond. Playing the basic game is what is average.

This game is much the same. Everyone is not going to get every creature. That is a flawed goal. There will not be room enough for one thing. You don't need every animal to play well. The strategy includes knowing which ones are worth getting/keeping. Many are not.

Yes -this is a nice looking virtual creature - but it is still a common combination of elements (super rare, but there are many). It will be mentally "worth more" to those that accomplish the quest if everyone else does not get it. Everyone is not the same. "Creature equality" (game equality? Outcome equality? Good grief!) is NOT a guarantee. With guaranteed outcome there would be no challenge, no game.

Give it a try. Give it as much time or effort you are willing to give. I hope you succeed. But if you do not, you do not. It will make your next success that much sweeter.

Well said.

YasminIssa
04-18-15, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I know that it's the same word in Japanese for the mythical creature and the animal. But in French, it's like in English: we commonly say Kitsune for the creature because it's the original name. So what's the point translate a name wich it's the same in the both languages ? Especially when the translation doesn't mean the same thing anymore...
But, like I said, it's just a detail. ;) It's just my "Japanimania" which talking in my place, lol. XD What's really matter is that's a really beautifull creature this time. Nice job to the designers!

I hope that all those who are trying for get it will success. Good luck everyone! ;)

Got your point and you are absolutely right.
Congratulation to every one who already got it and good luck to the rest.

LonePudding
04-18-15, 07:52 AM
I just took yet another fairy ferret off the nest and it levelled me up to level 32 - at least they're good for something!

Got another 6hrs, a fallaby or paradise parrot is on the way!!

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 07:54 AM
I just took yet another fairy ferret off the nest and it levelled me up to level 32 - at least they're good for something!

Got another 6hrs, a fallaby is on the way!!

I hope not! Hopefully it's your simian!

I feel so bad for those that can't breed one... It's just so unfair. I don't know how anyone can keep playing this game when it's just disappointment after disappointment.

ninasidstorm8
04-18-15, 08:15 AM
Completed the Kitsume and Caboodle goal. I Need to find some time to hatch the Cactus Kitsume before Tuesday since I believe it will be required in some way to obtain the Caboodle. I find it rather strange for a goal title to contain the Caboodle, but have the goal completed and go away without doing anything about the Caboodle. I expect that Tuesday's update will have a new goal about the Caboodle.

I looked back at my breeding results for the Christmas event which is the last time I was trying to breed Nature/Fire on a consistent basis. I had 43 attempts to breed this combo and I bred 4 Solar Simians during that time or a little over 9%. At that time, I considered the Solar Simian a failure. For this goal, it took me 8 tries to get the Solar Simian a little better than the 11 tries, I might have expected from the xMas data.

This is too little data to draw any conclusions, but I hope it provides some hope for those still struggling to get the Solar Simian.

sweetdeda
04-18-15, 08:53 AM
Completed the Kitsume and Caboodle goal. I Need to find some time to hatch the Cactus Kitsume before Tuesday since I believe it will be required in some way to obtain the Caboodle. I find it rather strange for a goal title to contain the Caboodle, but have the goal completed and go away without doing anything about the Caboodle. I expect that Tuesday's update will have a new goal about the Caboodle.

I wondered what the Caboodle part was and why there wasn't two animals, never even thought about another quest. Wasn't too concerned about how soon I hatched Kitsune, but now I guess I better get on it.

readysetgo888
04-18-15, 08:57 AM

I looked back at my breeding results for the Christmas event which is the last time I was trying to breed Nature/Fire on a consistent basis. I had 43 attempts to breed this combo and I bred 4 Solar Simians during that time or a little over 9%. At that time, I considered the Solar Simian a failure. For this goal, it took me 8 tries to get the Solar Simian a little better than the 11 tries, I might have expected from the xMas data.

This is too little data to draw any conclusions, but I hope it provides some hope for those still struggling to get the Solar Simian.

You made me curious so I went back and looked at mine... I had 25 nature-fire breedings during the Christmas animal time, and got just one Simian. So that's a 4% chance for me. There were technically 5 nature-fire rares available during that time, and just 4 now, so the odds should be better now than they were then.

I'd still love to know whether:
1) the overall chance of getting a rare is always around 20%, and so the odds of getting a specific rare decrease as the number of different available rares increases
2) the overall chance of getting a rare is higher for element combos where there are more possible rare outcomes, and lower for element combos where there is only one rare outcome, and 20% is just the overall average

FridayFarms
04-18-15, 09:34 AM
Sorry, there is no enjoyment to this game anymore when all you do is depend on luck (or money) to move forward. No amount of my s**** or dedication to this game can influence the outcome of a particular breeding.

After multiple fails on this and on most recent limited animals, I decided to delete this game.

ninasidstorm8
04-18-15, 10:01 AM
You made me curious so I went back and looked at mine... I had 25 nature-fire breedings during the Christmas animal time, and got just one Simian. So that's a 4% chance for me. There were technically 5 nature-fire rares available during that time, and just 4 now, so the odds should be better now than they were then.

I'd still love to know whether:
1) the overall chance of getting a rare is always around 20%, and so the odds of getting a specific rare decrease as the number of different available rares increases
2) the overall chance of getting a rare is higher for element combos where there are more possible rare outcomes, and lower for element combos where there is only one rare outcome, and 20% is just the overall average

It would be interesting to know, but that information would rarely alter my style of play. I would like to know if any of the characteristics of the breeding pair change the breeding odds. Things such as:
1) Level of the animals
2) Rarity of the animals
3) The animal is no longer available

My feeling is that it doesn't but that is a discussion for a different thread.

I am guessing that the Caboodle will be another Nature/Fire animal which will make 15 Nature/Fire animals. That would match the 15 Earth/Fire animals that we have seen so far.

viridium
04-18-15, 11:59 AM

I see that 6 hours is not a guarantee to get the ape....
I got so much Fallabys in fall but then only monkeys but did give them all away...
Look the breeding is hating me and all gamers.( I guess when I attempt for simian with a vinotaur and ice owl I would get treasure toucan before a rare ape)
Grr

LonePudding
04-18-15, 12:31 PM
I hope not! Hopefully it's your simian!

I feel so bad for those that can't breed one... It's just so unfair. I don't know how anyone can keep playing this game when it's just disappointment after disappointment.

I hope so too! I find out soon. I really wish that the kitsune wouldn't be needed to get the caboodle. I will be really angry if the Kitsune is required :(

LonePudding
04-18-15, 12:31 PM
Congrats to everyone who was able to get this beautiful foxy:)

zombukidolls
04-18-15, 12:43 PM
I got really lucky and got a simian on the first try, just got the Kitsune a few hours back. I'm so happy because I've been SO unlucky with tournaments (I've only won 1 of the 5 I've played). Yay!!!