PDA

View Full Version : Trees - are there better drop rates for some than others?

CookingMonarch
04-13-15, 04:51 AM
I'm at a stage in the game where I am constantly running short of sap and living wood. I don't have enough gems at the moment for another maple tree or living tree.

I think the sap trees are very expensive to buy and don't give me a solution for living wood, so wondered if anyone had done any analysis on the other tree types to see how often they might drop sap or living wood? I'm looking for value for money here! I couldn't find anything in the hub

The ideal would be a chart that shows cost, how much tending required before fully grown, how may chops to cut down and what the odds are for sap and living wood. I know the cheaper trees don't give you as many chops and/or may take longer to become fully grown, but why is a yellow acer 200 coins more than a red? Is a 1000 pine tree more likely to give sap than an oak tree? Which one is more likely to give living wood?

ShibuyaCloth
04-13-15, 04:59 AM
I had the same issue before the introduction of the Maple, Sap and living Wood Tree. I ended up with buying a couple of thousand Pine Trees to chop down. I have not seen notable change in drop rate between trees (although I didn't make stats, just gut feeling) except a bit more sap for pines, the growth rate is the same for each! Pine trees have 10 chops each and a footprint of 1x1: so the best energy-drop-footprint ratio IMO. Coins are no issue, jut have some good coin generators (Cathedrals)

CookingMonarch
04-13-15, 05:14 AM
At the moment I have expand to the Forgotten Roost (300000 coins) and "How can you be so heartless" (500000 coins pet skunkupine chain) in my goals as well as trying to build the fairy respite, part 4 of the troll tribe and the last of the trails and tribute task to complete so I'm trying not to spend too many coins as I need them for those goals as well as for normal expansions.
I've only been playing since January and am well and truly addicted, but I get the impression that for those who have played for longer that these storylines would have been introduced to the game at different times so maybe your resource shortages were different to those of newer players. That's why I'm looking for value for money (plus some more living wood :) )

ShibuyaCloth
04-13-15, 05:37 AM
Yes I am a very long time player, so yes some of the resource constraints where not so acute as the storyline was progressing very very lowly. That said living wood was a ****er for me until I could afford a living tree, but I got the goddess tree around the same time so I have an overflow since.

Coins are also a rare resource in the beginning, try focus on 1 task at a time. So you do not dilute your resources. If you have enough energy go a for a farm farm, that is a good coin generator, but quite expensive in energy. I have 2-3 high level RP buildings, that generate a good cash flow a day, and yes I cannot afford to finish a quest, expansion or other each day. This game is about patience.

queentina3
04-13-15, 09:23 AM
I can't help you with Sap as I'm not sure which trees are best, but for Living Wood I'd go with the Dead Tree. There is no growing time, it is only 5 chops to get rid of, and gives you wood, living wood, mushrooms and glimmerdust. That is actually my favorite tree, even though it doesn't brighten up my place. I usually keep one or two out and when I chop them down, I immediately buy more and put them in their place as a reminder to go there first if I'm low and need to chop a tree.

CookingMonarch
04-13-15, 11:30 AM
Well well, I never noticed that before. I just assumed the dead tree wouldn't drop living wood...

shambalaya
04-13-15, 01:44 PM
The dead tree does not drop living wood... It's a dead tree :-) I've chopped hundreds of of them, zero living wood, but lots of normal wood, mushrooms and glimmer dust.

SpiritWind00
04-13-15, 04:04 PM
I can't remember the last time I chopped a dead tree, so I've just chopped though 5 of them for this thread to check on living wood. I also checked the inventory guide which says it does drop living wood. However..... I did not get even 1 living wood when chopping 25 times and if it did then I should have got 1 at least.

Might need further verification! :)

dragon2046
04-13-15, 04:49 PM
I can't remember the last time I chopped a dead tree, so I've just chopped though 5 of them for this thread to check on living wood. I also checked the inventory guide which says it does drop living wood. However..... I did not get even 1 living wood when chopping 25 times and if it did then I should have got 1 at least.

Might need further verification! :)
I just chopped 8 dead trees. I got glimmer dust, mushrooms and wood but no living wood. So a total of 40 chops with no living wood. Interesting though that the inventory guide said it does.

I think the Guide might be wrong! Hmmm. :) SW

queentina3
04-13-15, 05:31 PM
I just chopped 10 of them and got no living wood either, but I could've sworn I did in the past. Maybe they changed it??? I don't know how I would have gotten my stockpile of living wood before I got the Living Tree otherwise, as that was ALL I chopped and I was using it often enough that even my sawmills wouldn't have been able to keep up. Oh well, I still love that tree for the wood, glimmerdust, and mushrooms. :p

GarfieldandPookie
04-13-15, 05:56 PM
I chopped 5 dead trees today also. I only got glimmerdust and wood since I am maxed out on mushrooms. I did not get any living wood.

Taysom56
04-24-15, 09:56 AM
Hi, could anyone help with information as to how to get the goddess tree?

ShibuyaCloth
04-24-15, 10:46 AM
Hi, could anyone help with information as to how to get the goddess tree?

In the hub find the thread about the story of CS, there find the 3 parts about the Goddess Tree

chinchi22
05-03-15, 11:47 AM
Just adding that I have just chopped 5 Oak Trees, and 1 Crab Apple Tree totalling 50 chops, and got No living Wood at all, but loads of sap. The only place it seems I'm certain to get Living wood from is my Saw Mills and Living Wood Tree but waiting four hours for it to recharge is driving me mad!

icastled
05-11-15, 04:26 PM
I agree that the dead tree is a perfect choice for collecting wood, and quickly! No tending the tree multiple times before it's grown, which for me is a waste of time and energy. It takes 5 chops to clear the tree. The guaranteed item you will receive is 1 wood per chop with an occasional extra piece, and a bonus of frequent drops of glimmerdust and mushrooms. As stated in a previous comment, they aren't that pretty to have in your kingdom so I store mine in my troll kingdom section and around my fish market. It's a perfect decoration for either of these locations (unless you have a classy fish market lol).

Just to note... I have chopped countless dead trees in the past few weeks and have not received any living wood nor sap.

SpiritWind00
05-11-15, 08:29 PM
I think we all forgot about the living wood inventory update! I'll put that on my 'to do' list...

Update: I've amended the Guide to exclude dead trees as dropping living wood.