PDA

View Full Version : High cost for items and time consuming

Unregistered
02-08-11, 01:23 PM
I think this game is very good. It does what it was intended to do. I would like team lava to consider moving the time limit on some of these foods. It take too long for some foods to cook. This is not real cooking. What i'm saying is by the time everyone eats all of the food your food is still cooking. I can choose a food for 1 day or 2 days, thinking I have time to get on with the rest of life but then people are still coming in and out of the restuarant and your food always need replenshing, usually before the selected time expires. How can I play this game and enjoy it without spending every waking moment on it.

Why do items cost so much? one floor tile 500 coins? a clock 20,000 coins?
As you might have guessed, i am not buying gems. the game is free and i thought it would be more enjoyable if i kept that way. (Be gentle)

Unregistered
02-08-11, 01:54 PM
Once you get a decent number of appliances you can balance out cooking food with short cooking times with food that takes longer to prepare.

Keeping food on the counter isn't a problem in RS - it's really pretty easy to maintain.

You can look at posts like these:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?8023-Making-the-most-per-hour&p=42887&viewfull=1#post42887

Roast Chicken/
Servings per cycle per appliance = 1,500
Time required per cycle = 48 hours (2 days)
Profit per serving (coins) = 6.33
Max servings per day with 11 appliances = (11 x 1,250)/2 = 8,250
Max profit = 8,250 x 6.33 = 52,222 coins

Bagels/
Servings per cycle per appliance = 100
Time required per cycle = 15 mins
Profit per serving (coins) = 2
Max servings per day with 11 appliances = (11 x 100 x 4 x 24) = 105,600
Max profit (capped at 43,200 servings per day) = 43,200 x 2 = 86,400 coins

Roast Turkey/
Servings per cycle per appliance = 1,100
Time required per cycle = 8 hours
Profit per serving (coins) = 2.9
Max servings per day with 11 appliances = (11 x 1,100 x 3) = 36,300
Max profit = 35,300 x 2.9 = 105,270 coins

----------

Given that you can make up to 105k coin a day, 500 for a tile isn't really a big deal. Besides, if you price everything too low, no one will have anything to work towards because they already have it.

Having too much money and nothing to spend it on it already a complaint that higher level players have.

The food cooking time is fine - the 1 hour items like kabobs and tbone steaks are very efficient and it's easy to keep counters stocked with them

Unregistered
02-08-11, 03:37 PM
Actually I think the array of times is fine. I don't have many times during the day I can load up these games and check my stuff, so I like the longer-time dishes best. Plus, I'm level 50-something with $3 million in the bank so I really don't care what brings in the most money per time, etc. Doesn't matter. There's nothing else I can get with coins anyway, and I don't buy gems. I did save gems from mastery, etc. and get a couple things like that wall scroll, but I'll never buy the other stuff.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 03:52 PM
I think this game is very good. It does what it was intended to do. I would like team lava to consider moving the time limit on some of these foods. It take too long for some foods to cook. This is not real cooking. What i'm saying is by the time everyone eats all of the food your food is still cooking. I can choose a food for 1 day or 2 days, thinking I have time to get on with the rest of life but then people are still coming in and out of the restuarant and your food always need replenshing, usually before the selected time expires. How can I play this game and enjoy it without spending every waking moment on it.

Why do items cost so much? one floor tile 500 coins? a clock 20,000 coins?
As you might have guessed, i am not buying gems. the game is free and i thought it would be more enjoyable if i kept that way. (Be gentle)

If you dont want customers coming in... block your door, that way you can stockpile the food. You might think things are expensive now, but when you get to the higher levels, and have decorated and redecorated 50 times, and still have 2,000,000 coins, then you wont care how much stuff costs. Also, time limits are fine, and as you increase the number of appliances you have, the amount of food you will be serving up will be more than enough. What you are going through is all a part of the process, and we all had to do it.