PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated (expensive) item?

EBJW
04-11-15, 10:06 PM
I just went through the market, checking out if there's anything else I want, and once again I was so surprised/annoyed when I stumbled on the:

Royal Cow:
240 gems
info: high chance for rare drops

I have one for a loooooooong time, and I always collect from it when possible. But I'm not aware it ever gave me anything else but ordinairy (excuse me) cow-stuff like milk and hide..... (my 2 white cows are letting me down as well, by the way, but at least they are less expensive).

I'm so glad I got the Royal Cow from a knight who came back from adventure, otherwise I would have felt soooooo *****ed! 240 gems!!
Royal Cow? I think Baron's Cow is a better name: very demanding, and little to offer in return :p

Anyone else having such feelings of disappointment about other items?

Korlcek
04-11-15, 10:15 PM
Since I got the royal cow from an adventure, I've been able to feed the baron regulary, it drops prime cuts quite often. But I agree, it"s expensive.

AnniePMH
04-11-15, 10:44 PM
I just went through the market, checking out if there's anything else I want, and once again I was so surprised/annoyed when I stumbled on the:

Royal Cow:
240 gems

I have one for a loooooooong time, and I always collect from it when possible. But I'm not aware it ever gave me anything else but ordinairy (excuse me) cow-stuff like milk and hide..... (my 2 white cows are letting me down as well, by the way, but at least they are less expensive).

I'm so glad I got the Royal Cow from a knight who came back from adventure, otherwise I would have felt soooooo *****ed! 240 gems!!
Royal Cow? I think Baron's Cow is a better name: very demanding, and little to offer in return :p

I scrolled through the Market trying to find something, but I feel I might need all of the stuff in there to make the 200 inventory pages u-goal, so no, lol!:D I have to say in defense of the royal cows that they drop hides much more frequently than the regular cows (for me at least), and also gives you royal points! Besides, it's a lovely light brown cow, delightful to look at compared to, for instance, psychedelic shrooms...:rolleyes: But you're right in that it is expensive and I would be happier if it could drop from the dark caves or desert for me sometimes...:mad:

EBJW
04-12-15, 12:17 AM
Since I got the royal cow from an adventure, I've been able to feed the baron regulary, it drops prime cuts quite often. But I agree, it"s expensive.

I scrolled through the Market trying to find something, but I feel I might need all of the stuff in there to make the 200 inventory pages u-goal, so no, lol!:D I have to say in defense of the royal cows that they drop hides much more frequently than the regular cows (for me at least), and also gives you royal points! Besides, it's a lovely light brown cow, delightful to look at compared to, for instance, psychedelic shrooms...:rolleyes: But you're right in that it is expensive and I would be happier if it could drop from the dark caves or desert for me sometimes...:mad:

Prime cuts and hides are nice, but I'm always maxed on that; not rare items to me ;)
And what I don't get HIGH chance of dropping rare items: high??? Never received any...

Personally I like all the other cows' looks much better! And 240 gems for decoration is quite a lot then especially when I can only collect once an hour... No, I prefer my ordinairy cows, my Milka cow, and of course Dracula much much more.... :rolleyes:

parlski
04-12-15, 05:28 AM
I managed to get a royal pig from an adventure and it's just as valuable as a royal cow. just gives normal pig items.
i too am always maxed on truffle and prime so that doesn't matter much to me. I rarely 'feed the baron'

jbfps116
04-16-15, 05:29 AM
Got my two royal cows from the Dark cave adventures.
I think the Royal Pig is more outlandishly priced. I WANT to get a black sheep but he keeps eluding my knights!

and if this new tent thing makes you LOSE the cabbages you buy every day ie you can't save cabbages then the prizes are sinfully priced, considering you might have to spend up to 180 gems to get ONE prize and there are seemingly dozens of prizes.

EBJW
04-17-15, 03:45 AM
Got my two royal cows from the Dark cave adventures.
I think the Royal Pig is more outlandishly priced. I WANT to get a black sheep but he keeps eluding my knights!

and if this new tent thing makes you LOSE the cabbages you buy every day ie you can't save cabbages then the prizes are sinfully priced, considering you might have to spend up to 180 gems to get ONE prize and there are seemingly dozens of prizes.

You'll probably know already: bought cabbages save up (but weird: you don't get free cabbages when you have bought ones left).

And it's even worse I concluded: you can spend up to 180 gems in 1 try and still (!) miss out on the prize...! Now that's certainly overrated!

Chaotarch
04-17-15, 02:31 PM
i love my rcows:o
lol, dont care about milk&hide, only for fertilizer

the rpigs are very expensive but the droprate is perfect for allways feed the baron with only 15 rpigs:o

overrated are the decos like flowerbeets and banners for gems, i dont understand:rolleyes:
hedges and arches for gems even overrated, dont understand the "system of worth"...

ShibuyaCloth
04-17-15, 02:43 PM
i love my rcows:o
lol, dont care about milk&hide, only for fertilizer

Hmm, you have an expensive dung-factory ;)

CottageRose
04-17-15, 05:08 PM
You'll probably know already: bought cabbages save up (but weird: you don't get free cabbages when you have bought ones left).

And it's even worse I concluded: you can spend up to 180 gems in 1 try and still (!) miss out on the prize...! Now that's certainly overrated!
Yes, if you are cautious and buy several smaller bunches of rotten cabbages, you can spend 180 gems and not get the prize.

If, however, you buy the largest bunch of cabbages for 180 gems, you get 22 cabbages. This plus the 3 free cabbages gives a total of 25 cabbages - a guaranteed grand prize if you really, really want it, even if you have to wipe out all 25 faces (5x5).

AnniePMH
04-18-15, 02:48 PM
overrated are the decos like flowerbeets and banners for gems, i dont understand:rolleyes:
hedges and arches for gems even overrated, dont understand the "system of worth"...

Maybe the principle of "supply and demand" has something to do with it...:rolleyes: Although with TL/Storm8, you can never be quite certain, they move in mysterious ways not always known to man...:confused:

orleansparish
04-18-15, 02:55 PM

Royal Cow:
240 gems

Only fools paid for those items. Or newbies who don't realize they aren't so important. Yes, we eventually need stuff from lambs but they're too darn expensive. Like absurd. I have 9 of them and they all came from adventures. Same with my royal pigs and cows. I have over 8 of each. The only thing I ever happily Spent gems on we're the fruit trees. Maybe two gates way back when. Otherwise the prices are super inflated and I'm still sitting on 500 gems gained from adventures since I haven't bought gems in almost a year or so. And don't anticipate doing so again. I watch where I tap, never bought anything or sped up anything Thankfully. And am fully ok with wanting some buildings but just enjoying them in others kingdoms because they aren't worth the cost to me.

AnniePMH
04-18-15, 03:04 PM
Only fools paid for those items. Or newbies who don't realize they aren't so important. Yes, we eventually need stuff from lambs but they're too darn expensive. Like absurd. I have 9 of them and they all came from adventures. Same with my royal pigs and cows. I have over 8 of each. The only thing I ever happily Spent gems on we're the fruit trees. Maybe two gates way back when. Otherwise the prices are super inflated and I'm still sitting on 500 gems gained from adventures since I haven't bought gems in almost a year or so. And don't anticipate doing so again. I watch where I tap, never bought anything or sped up anything Thankfully. And am fully ok with wanting some buildings but just enjoying them in others kingdoms because they aren't worth the cost to me.

Well I'm one happy newbie (just one year of play, lol) fool who love all my royal cows, royal pigs and sheep! Only regret I have is not buying them sooner, lol!;)

Chaotarch
04-19-15, 07:24 AM
Well I'm one happy newbie (just one year of play, lol) fool who love all my royal cows, royal pigs and sheep! Only regret I have is not buying them sooner, lol!;)

lol, i am one year older:rolleyes: and also a happy crazy fool with my royal army:o
and not to forget the ali squadron:p

AnniePMH
08-05-15, 09:17 PM

The current Sir Daisy-update is an example of Royal cows and the sheep being useful because of the high fertilizer drop rate:)

jbfps116
08-06-15, 06:11 AM
i think 30 gems for the yellow flowerbed is extreme but I got one cause yellow is my favorite color and I need to have everything in the game...
Golden towers are expensive but they are a pretty solid banking firm.... ;0
kingdom inn only gives on wisp a day but I got it cause it looks so nice!
back when the christmas present gift thing was out I got a second for 400 gems... I think it was worth it... got apple trees, pigs, sheep, etc I think the value was made up
expansion permits are way too hard to make and plots take too many!!! How many permits do you normally need for land?!?!?!? We need a second exchange: the Wall Street Market!

tvangstanke
08-06-15, 10:05 AM
Value is relative in a game where none of us take home RL cash rewards.
Whatever we produce goes into expanding, building and decorating our Queen- and Kingdoms. With that in mind I put far more value in a cleverly designed decoration, animal or building that adds to my enjoyment of the town I have made, than in wether or not the item drops any useful materials (that I'm probably full of anyway).

For me the most overrated items in this game are the ugly and poorly scaled stuff that I hide away in the bottom of my inventory list.

rulerofjennyville
08-17-15, 06:11 PM
I'm trying to figure out the purpose of my purple cow and its purple hides. Are we going to do something with them later on?

cyndora
08-18-15, 11:48 AM
I don't have the royal cow or the royal pig, I was not sure if they were going to worth it in the long run. I have a few pigs and a lot of cows because EVERYTHING DEMANDS SOOOOOO MUCH DAM MILK!

I do wish we had another building we could get trade tickets from because they suck ! Too high demand on items I feel all I do is for the exchange...

And I am sitting on 600 gems wondering if there is something I can spend it on that will be worth the investment.

I have the wizard schools, all three fruit trees, two mushrooms, two ponds, two hedges, some little skunk house , the pergola , two multi colored trees and a living wood tree and the magic fruit tree. I feel I'm set up pretty good except milk is always a issue. Is the royal cows worth it for the price? ...

Xox
Cyndora

meme1098
08-18-15, 12:22 PM
I've gotten all mine from adventures but not sure which one.

EBJW
08-18-15, 11:05 PM
I don't have the royal cow or the royal pig, I was not sure if they were going to worth it in the long run. I have a few pigs and a lot of cows because EVERYTHING DEMANDS SOOOOOO MUCH DAM MILK!

I do wish we had another building we could get trade tickets from because they suck ! Too high demand on items I feel all I do is for the exchange...

And I am sitting on 600 gems wondering if there is something I can spend it on that will be worth the investment.

I have the wizard schools, all three fruit trees, two mushrooms, two ponds, two hedges, some little skunk house , the pergola , two multi colored trees and a living wood tree and the magic fruit tree. I feel I'm set up pretty good except milk is always a issue. Is the royal cows worth it for the price? ...

Xox
Cyndora

If it's just milk you want I would stick by the regular cows: they drop every 10 minutes, while the other cows give just as much but it takes much longer before you can collect....

Personally I don't see (experience) the advantage other than different looks.

AnniePMH
08-18-15, 11:34 PM

Xox
Cyndora

If it's just milk you want I would stick by the regular cows: they drop every 10 minutes, while the other cows give just as much but it takes much longer before you can collect....

Personally I don't see (experience) the advantage other than different looks.

I would say that one or two Royal cows wouldn't make that much of a difference if you need a lot of fertllizer. It's better value to build a lot of Conservatories, lev 1:) But if you have max amount of Royal buildings and cannot build Conservatories, then Royal cows are your best alternative for fertilizer. It's just that you need a lot of them, which means a lot of gems, or very very many trips to the Dark Caves. I got one Royal cow from Dark Caves in several months of going there. Then I gave up, bought the cows, and now only do the Desert adventure. From there I get Royal Pigs, sometimes, but sadly, no Royal cows yet...:(

cyndora
08-19-15, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I will stick with the regular cows and see what I recieve from adventures.

AnniePMH
08-19-15, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the tip.

I will stick with the regular cows and see what I recieve from adventures.

You're very welcome:) Lol, you might want to build some conservatories while you wait...:p:)

blackpearl9
08-23-15, 08:04 AM
I think the Royal Manor is the most overrated item. 120 gems and it does not give anything useful. Just coins. I think I bought it just because I thought there must be some hidden benefit like flour or rare drops of gem.

burritosprings
08-23-15, 02:34 PM
I think the Royal Manor is the most overrated item. 120 gems and it does not give anything useful. Just coins. I think I bought it just because I thought there must be some hidden benefit like flour or rare drops of gem.

Agree.. does give RP and can be upgraded into more RP if that's your fetish. At this point in the CS world its a status symbol that overrides its actual usefullness

AnniePMH
08-23-15, 11:29 PM

Agree.. does give RP and can be upgraded into more RP if that's your fetish. At this point in the CS world its a status symbol that overrides its actual usefullness

It's not very pretty, and only gives you 220 RP. And coins.:rolleyes: However, it's about the only thing that makes the Bountiful Table look normal sized, and the roof matches the Table's colors, so I keep it around for those reasons. So far, lol.:D

robotparade
08-24-15, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out the purpose of my purple cow and its purple hides. Are we going to do something with them later on?

I do like my purple cow because she will occasionally drop gems! But the hides have no evident purpose.