PDA

View Full Version : I cannot get accurate info about mystic maps.

buttonstc
04-11-15, 12:48 AM
I did a search and read numerous threads as well as asking my neighbors. I posted request desperately seeking maps and got 4-5 requests for me to send maps to them and,I still don't have even one and I really need to expand or I won't be able to,make any more progress .

Didn't even know there was a material request form until I received all of those. And I ended up wasting 1,000 coins because imthought thats all that was necesary. I also wasted at ton of time waiting for my expected space to complete..Good grief !

read one post which stated that when you click on expand a popup arises to request maps. But it DOES NOT (at least not on android) . The only pop up is a big red X to cancel.

Can someone please drop me a clue here before I just up and quit in frustration.

realize that this is designed as a social game but it was never this impossible to make any progress and have to sit on your h ands until somebody responds to a reasonable request when playing Nemos Reef. If you were willing to put in the work, even tapping your fingers to the bone, you made progress. People could help each other out but a lack of response from them could not hinder you.

It just shouldn't be this ridiculously difficult to do a simple expansion. Thats just crazy IMHO . I could tap my fingers sore here but if I couldn't use those rresources simply for lack,of space, something is wrong with that IMHO.

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 02:14 AM
read one post which stated that when you click on expand a popup arises to request maps. But it DOES NOT (at least not on android) . The only pop up is a big red X to cancel.

Can someone please drop me a clue here before I just up and quit in frustration.

You got half way there. Click on expand, some of the squares on you island will get 4-pointed arrows. Click on any of those squares and you will get a pop up where you can request maps from your neighbors. Always select Stormie's Park, it is the model island tended by the game developers and will always send you a map. You can receive up to 20 maps a day (1 per responding neighbor).

Good luck and hang in there!

buttonstc
04-11-15, 09:24 AM
Thanks so much for finally accurate info.

Interesting info you gave about SP. I wonder how many other players are aware of this?
SP is already in my neighbor list. Do you automatically send every new player a nbr request?

Anyhoo, thanks for your help.

buttonstc
04-11-15, 11:49 AM
OK I went back and clicked on one of the yellow Xs and now the cost is 4,000 but not a mumblin' word about maps anywhere. This is exactly how I lost 1,000 coins for nothing last time.

I'm a once burned twice careful type. I would much prefer to have the map already to combine with the coins so I don't end up losing 4K for nothing.

I mean, how long is the system willing to wait while I'm scrambling around for a map? And how many maps will I need?

It just seems so bass-ackwards to outlay the cash first and hope I get a map in time before it disappears like before. Am I being that crazy here?

Can't you just send me the map absent the material request form.. I have yet to see one other than the bunch of people requesting maps from me. And how did they get that request form without sacrificing coins first?

Its difficult for me to ask them how they got it because of being limited to only ONE LITTLE line on wall posts.

How does that make any sense at all? I didn't grow up with txtspeak I actually prefer to communicate in complete sentences. So I'm a dinosaur, I know :)

Getting simple things accomplished in this game should not be this convoluted.

I mean, I actually expected to see an option for a materials request form when I clicked on the yellow X as per your directions. Imagine that. Silly little me. ....

The last thing I was expecting was having to fork over 4X the amount as,last time being my ONLY option.

Sorry but I'm not in the mood to repeat the same experience as last time. I worked too hard for those coins.

AMuffins
04-11-15, 12:28 PM
Stormie Park is everyones first neighbor when you sign up to play any Storm8 games. that is automatic.

I do not understand what material quest form you are talking about. Never seen one in this game.

You do not pay silver first then get maps in.. That is not how expansions work.

You also cannot post on neighbors walls and ask them to send a map. You need to send a request for them to send map. You can ask your neighbors if they received a request for a map.

You can check your news feed to see if maps are received. Click menu then click News.

Tap the expand sign. Then tap on a square that is outlined in yellow squares. Another pop up will open and it will tell you how much silver you need and how many maps you need. Tap on the "ask friends" tab to request maps from your friends. Another pop up will open and this will be your friends list. Tap each square next to each friend and then tap the send button.

Now when you tap on the yellow squares and get the pop up that tells you how much silver and maps you need, if there is no "ask friends" next to maps you can now expand. You will not be able to send out requests for maps. Tap the "expand" button. Then sit back and wait for it to expand or go play with dragons.

The amount of silver and maps you need always changes as you level up, also the time to expand changes too. My expansions take 3 days. Yes it suckss but nothing I can do about that.

Once your expansion has completed, you need to clear out the trees and rocks before you can place a habitat in your newly expanded area. Tap on the trees or rock and it will tell you how much silver is needed.

There is another thread about the one line messages for Android users. This has been reported to Storm8 since we got the update to include the new features. There has been no update from Storm8 to see if they are going to fix this or not.

I am an Android user, but maps works the same way on all platforms.

lubok
04-11-15, 12:56 PM
buttonstc, the first few expancions cost just coins, not maps. If you click to expand and see that offer to spend 4000, just agree to it, and you'll expand. I can't understand why do you consider it wasting. If you want to expand then pay for it, if you don't - then forget it. In future, every further expancion square will cost more coins and more maps. When you'll need maps, you'll be notified of it, then you'll get an opportunity to send the requests for maps to your neighbours. I'd recommend you to send the requests to every neighbour, in order to get as many maps as possible at once. If you get the requests from your neighbours, always press to 'accept' it, so you'll send maps to them. Of cause, you don't need to have your own maps to send them. You don't spend any materials when sending to the neighbours.
As for the limited message length, it is a known bug for android, I suffer it too. Teamlava is aware of this bug.

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 01:03 PM
OK I went back and clicked on one of the yellow Xs and now the cost is 4,000 but not a mumblin' word about maps anywhere. This is exactly how I lost 1,000 coins for nothing last time.

I'm a once burned twice careful type. I would much prefer to have the map already to combine with the coins so I don't end up losing 4K for nothing.

I am an iOS user, but I assume expansion is the same for android. If the game is taking your coins and not giving you an expansion, you may have a glitch. Report it in the bugs forum.

Also, expansions can take time and they look almost identical during this time. The difference being a time bar across the top of that square.

I recommend reading through the game guides: http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?258-Dragon-Story-Game-Guides. Lots of helpful information there.

buttonstc
04-11-15, 03:41 PM
@hubok

As I FIRST SAID, I paid 1000 either yesterday or day before and it was subtracted m from my total. But there was NO expansion. NOTHING.

That's b why I said WASTED. Had I gotten an expansion I would have been delighted.

Would you be happy paying for something and getting NOTHING in return?

That's my complaint, not that it costs but that there was no ROI.

It was my first time and I didn't know what to expect. So I waited.

buttonstc
04-11-15, 04:14 PM
@AMuffins

1) I said Materials REQuest because that's the game's own terminology. When I got all those people requesting maps from me, atop the list in BIG block letters it said those exact two words and since each request was exactly alike, I assumed it was some type of form.. What terminology should I have used?

2) Honest to God, there are no red squares surrounding anythihg And no ask friend tab anywhere ..All I,get is what I've previously described and ONLY TWO choices, amt. Of coins to pay or cancel. Thats all. Period. Nothing more.

Now one of my neighbors tells me I need to go to the quest hut. There is an option for sending a dragon t get maps. The ojly problem is that it has to be a particular dragon (which costs 200 gold bars.) Im not kidding. If that's the case, it will be a cold day in hell before that happens. (and I don't even believe in hell)

Now do,you see why I'm confused?

And now someone here says that maps are not needed for first few expansions.

If that were the case I'd already have my first expansion since I gladly paid the 1000.

This is my biggest issue wading through ton s of forum posts. Tons of contradictory advice and opinions same as now.

My brain is tired.

kooky panda
04-11-15, 04:18 PM
@hubok

As I FIRST SAID, I paid 1000 either yesterday or day before and it was subtracted m from my total. But there was NO expansion. NOTHING.

That's b why I said WASTED. Had I gotten an expansion I would have been delighted.

Would you be happy paying for something and getting NOTHING in return?

That's my complaint, not that it costs but that there was no ROI.

It was my first time and I didn't know what to expect. So I waited.

You may have a glitch. If the coins were deducted, you should of gotten the expansion. It is hard for us to see what you are seeing, so I suggest sending an email to support@teamlava.com so an agent can check your game.

AMuffins
04-11-15, 05:33 PM
@buttonstc

1) Yes it is Material Request.. sorry I am trying not to confuse you as I know you are already frustrated. No there is no form.

2) Look around your island and find a brown sign that says "expand". Now click on that and then look for the yellow squares. They will outline several areas to where you can expand. The yellow squares will be next to where you already expanded. Try expanding where your red and yellow habitat is on the right side. Tap the yellow square and you will get a pop up telling you how much silver and maps you need to expand. There should be an "ask friends" blue button. Tap that then you will get a pop up with a list of your friends. Check each box and ask every friend including Stormie. Then click the send button.

3) I believe the first couple of expansions only cost you silver till you started leveling up. Then yes you need silver and maps to expand. If you are trying to expand and only getting the silver option then go ahead and pay the silver to expand. I do not remember what level you have to be to start asking for maps. Just watch the screen as you start leveling up and look for the "ask friends" blue button for maps.

4) Do not do the Quest outpost. You can breed a Water and Forest dragon to get the Island Dragon that is needed for the quest outpost. But he is not guaranteed to bring back maps everytime you send the Island dragon out. Do not worry about Quest Outpost till you level up some more.

I do not understand why people would tell you to use the quest outpost when you are only at level 12. And those people should know that when visiting your island.

I do understand why you are all confused. I will try to help you out. I am working on an expansion right now, so I cannot post pictures in the forum to show you what to look for as far as the yellow squares look like. When I am done expanding in 18 hours I will try to post pictures unless someone else is able to.

AMuffins
04-11-15, 06:03 PM
@buttonstc

If you paid coins for expansion the color of the trees will turn to a bright green. You have to clear out the trees and mushmold and rocks before you can place a habitat in its place. Tap on the tree that you want to clear and pay the silver to clear it.

buttonstc
04-12-15, 02:13 AM
@AMuffins

I dont know how to say it any other way without repeating, but as i said before, there are NO RED squares. Honest. None. Zip. Nada

I'll try to figure out how to take a screen shot. There are only squares with the four yellow arrows forming an X, each square outlined with yellow dotted lines. No red squares in sight only red X to cancel but no red squares.

just going to wait for a mod to check things out cuz if there's a glitch I could just keep losing coin til the cows come home.

I Don't enjoy exercises in futility. If the mods cant figure it out then this may just not be the right game for me so maybe best to just move on.

But I can't stand all those fighting games and Nemo has stopped development and I'm at level 150 with no farther to go. I really like this game. If it were logical, I'd like it better :)

lubok
04-12-15, 03:46 AM
Here are some illustration to AMuffins' instuctions.
http://s015.radikal.ru/i330/1504/31/bfb4f9b2e874.png (http://www.radikal.ru)
http://s017.radikal.ru/i404/1504/cd/4417ee73d551.jpg
http://s43.radikal.ru/i099/1504/26/46c0ddc2de6b.jpg
http://s42.radikal.ru/i097/1504/04/1a3509adb60e.jpg
http://s020.radikal.ru/i705/1504/48/4ce7411e28c2.jpg
http://i072.radikal.ru/1504/14/987e87057f69.jpg

AMuffins
04-12-15, 11:16 AM
@AMuffins

I dont know how to say it any other way without repeating, but as i said before, there are NO RED squares. Honest. None. Zip. Nada

I'll try to figure out how to take a screen shot. There are only squares with the four yellow arrows forming an X, each square outlined with yellow dotted lines. No red squares in sight only red X to cancel but no red squares.

But I can't stand all those fighting games and Nemo has stopped development and I'm at level 150 with no farther to go. I really like this game. If it were logical, I'd like it better :)

Ok they are yellow.. As I said I could not look cuz Im in the middle of an expansion. I was going by my memory..

Im glad someone was able to post pictures here. I just wish there was a thread here already with screen shots in the game guides. There isn't much information there as I have looked.

I don't like the fighting or violent games myself.

@ lubok thanks for posting screen shots. I know its easier to find things with a visual. That is how some people learn. Me included. :)

Hope these pictures help you.

lubok
04-12-15, 01:34 PM
I'd be glad if my pictures help. I have not seen detailed guides for the beginners either. May be I can copy these pictures in a thread with game basics, if I find any?
Here is the illustration of what happens when I have enough resources to expand.
http://s015.radikal.ru/i330/1504/31/bfb4f9b2e874.png (http://www.radikal.ru)
http://s017.radikal.ru/i404/1504/cd/4417ee73d551.jpg
http://s019.radikal.ru/i626/1504/09/e280132df9c3.jpg
http://s018.radikal.ru/i502/1504/bd/894f858ba45f.jpg
http://s018.radikal.ru/i504/1504/67/42b4718622dd.jpg