PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I definitely can't get in anymore

Sicklefang
04-10-15, 01:24 PM
Hi.
(That Update in the title is (more or less) meant a joke, by the way (not that that brings my SD-Card back, but... you know... one can dream) and at this point, I don't even know if it didn't just re-partition it and deleted all that was on it in the process of doing so, so... that's going to be fun to undo!
...if that's possible at all, that is...)

Newest Dragon Story version (which is 1.9.8.4g), Android Version: 4.4.2 (and my phone is a Samsung 3 Neo)
Storm 8 username is Sicklefang.

I tried to get into the game today, got in (had just gotten on a Level in Restaurant Story and in Fashion Story at which I'm supposed to get 15 gold each) and was waiting for the game to react (aka, give me those 30 gold), but nothing happened, so I thought I might as well ping the server.
So, I tried to visit someone by loading that standard social-thingy and that little sign ("Processing" and the Fruitful Dragon) got displayed, before the game told me I need an online connection to play (so, the normal "Dragon Story is an online game [...]"-screen). I tried reloading, like it suggested and it didn't work.
So, I closed the app and re-opened it - and it still didn't work (just showed that "Dragon Story is an online game"-screen again).
So, I turned off my phone and turned it on again. Still just that "Dragon Story is an online game"-screen.
De-installed the game, re-installed: Still that freaking screen.
Turned off phone again and turned it on again: Still. That. Freaking. Screen.
I tried connecting with W-LAN on (and a steady W-LAN connection in place) and W-LAN off (at a place with steady cell coverage/a steady phone network) and both didn't work.

Earlier today, the game was working completely normally, just so you know. That issue started either just 1 hour ago, or around 6-7 hours ago (I remember getting frustrated with the game, 'cause I wasn't able to get in anymore, so it might've already started then).
And Restaurant Story is still fine, as is Fashion Story. i can get into both without a single issue (and Restaurant Story seems to respond even quicker now than it normally did - though Fashion Story keeps resetting all my orders all the time, but that's probably just their server messing up and me not pinging it before exiting the game, so who cares, really). (I can also still use my internet browser (on my phone) and it loads everything without any issues.)

Point is, I've got internet and can connect to everything besides Dragon Story.

Please someone tell me what to do here to fix this, 'cause I'm out of ideas.:(

EDIT: Just cleared the cache and moved the game to the SD-Card (as suggested in the "Current known Bugs and Issues for Dragon Story"-thread) and still nothing.

UPDATE: Putting it on the SD Card apparently corrupted my SD Card. So, now that is also an issue.
Oh, and Dragon Story is now com.teamlava.dragon in the App-page-thingy where it shows you information about that App and where you can move it.
And when I hit the thing that's supposed to make it move back into the internal save/storage or whatever, then it just tells me, that I don't have an SD-Card in my phone and I should put one in.
But that's probably just because it ****ed my SD-Card. I mean, let's be honest, it's not going to find anything on an ''empty'' (aka, corrupted/broken/wrongly partitioned?) SD-Card.

(I apparently already moved some Apps onto my SD-Card at some point, so it shouldn't have been caused by it trying to partition my SD-Card, because it should've already been partitioned.:confused:
(Of course, it might have tried to regardless.
But who knows what that thing really did?))

Not to get sidetracked, you probably can't help me with that freaking SD-Card anyway.
I still want to get the dang game going again, so any help would be really appreciated.
I want my SD-Card's sacrifice to not have gone to waste. It was a strong, healthy SD-Card and if it's life wouldn't have been taken from it this early, then it would have had a prosperous future in its... well, future.;)
(Goddangit, I'm getting sidetracked again...)

So, someone please just freaking tell me already how to get the game going again.
Really, I'll take any advice or ideas at this point.
You got one? Throw it my way!
I don't care how stupid it is or sounds or whatever. Having any idea is way better than not having any, y'know?
So please just freaking send me some help already...

Sicklefang
04-11-15, 08:27 AM
The problem solved itself.

"Deinstalled" (it's still on the dead SD-Card and that one's not even in my phone anymore, so you can't really call it that, in my opinion) the game another time and re-installed it and now it seems to be working fine again.

Got my gold, can do stuff,...
It's doing everything the way it's supposed to again.

(So, if you want to close this thread, then now is the time to do that.)