PDA

View Full Version : Bakeries that look like bakeries

whoviankat
04-09-15, 02:08 PM
It's just a personal pet peeve, and i understand the reason for it, but I just prefer bakeries that look like they could be actual bakeries (or some combination of bakery/outdoor space) and not table storage warehouses :p

I guess I'm just too literal sometimes... lol. I have a hard time puting ovens in the corner and/or blocking them with counters so they can't be "opened".

Please tell me I'm not alone in my weirdness...

deekathleen
04-09-15, 03:28 PM
Yes the one's that are all tables (for tips I assume) aren't as fun to visit, but if everyone used the same it would be boring. Plus it just make the one's that are creative stand out that much more. I guess some people play to master dishes and make money and others are more into the decorating and some are in between. :0) I like the decorating part the most lol

kimandamelia
04-09-15, 05:30 PM
I feel the same way! Even with constant collection of a bakery full of tips, the money is just not worth it! I only play this game to decorate and love neighbors who give me inspiration! So many beautiful things to make your bakery unique, why fill it up with nothing but tables! Especially when they don't even have chairs! But, to each his own!

mytsa
04-09-15, 06:56 PM
I decorate my bakery as if it is a real one,
like I don't want the tables to be too close to the ovens cos it will be too hot for the guests,
like I put 2 chairs for each table, cos I don't expect my guests to eat alone,
like I don't pack the ovens together, cos the chef have to move among the ovens,
probably it's because I stop expanding after 10 million expansion, you know expansion is crazily expensive, people want to earn every coin and gem they can.

winterpumpkin
04-09-15, 08:04 PM
�� I agree!

sls0991
04-09-15, 09:36 PM
My favorite part of this game is that you can decorate your bakery however you want, and there has been enough content to really go nuts and make elaborate bakeries with all types of themes. I don't like being the same old type of player. I find routine to be very boring, so I go all out and crazy with outdoor fairytale themes, pirates and gnomes, and the awesome undead themes during halloween with mummies and vampires! I love that you can be creative and you don't have to just look like a "real" bakery. I would get bored really fast if that's all there was. I don't really understand people who don't even have a bakery at all, just a bunch of random tables everywhere and counters with food. Where's the fun in that?

Natasha_07
04-09-15, 09:59 PM
Glad someone else likes outdoors bakeries like me! :)

Ooh & I too hate them bakeries with a 100 tables.

My favorite part of this game is that you can decorate your bakery however you want, and there has been enough content to really go nuts and make elaborate bakeries with all types of themes. I don't like being the same old type of player. I find routine to be very boring, so I go all out and crazy with outdoor fairytale themes, pirates and gnomes, and the awesome undead themes during halloween with mummies and vampires! I love that you can be creative and you don't have to just look like a "real" bakery. I would get bored really fast if that's all there was. I don't really understand people who don't even have a bakery at all, just a bunch of random tables everywhere and counters with food. Where's the fun in that?

mytsa
04-09-15, 11:17 PM
The point is not whether you decorate it like "real" or "fantasy" bakery, it's whether you decorate it like a "bakery" or a "table warehouse".:D

PrairieGrass
04-10-15, 08:50 AM
I don't care for lots of tables that are in boring squares, but I do have creative neighbors that make designs out of these "table farms" with pretty hearts made up of many styles of tables, water gardens, flower gardens, crosses, and even shapes of animals. These places are sometimes more fun to choose what tables to tip than the traditional 6 tables and chairs grouped together places.

whoviankat
04-10-15, 10:32 AM

Oh, I'm all for fantasy! Dragons, pirates, castles in my bakery? Bring em on! I love all the decorating options :) But for me, the cooking and display space needs to kind of look like it can function or it makes me twitch, lol. It's really just the table warehouses that bug me the most though. Although, I did visit a bakery a few days ago that had a bunch of tables laid out in the middle like a pretty patterned rug.

rosewaterlily
04-10-15, 10:46 AM
Lol when I see someone with a huge amount of tables invite me and I've accepted them as neighbor because you can't see a person's bakery before accepting, I then quickly delete them because I bet that person wants lots of tips and I am not a regular tipper, plus when I do visit neighbors I want to admire their bakeries, and table warehouses don't fulfill that requirement, sorry.

MizCricket
04-10-15, 01:09 PM
It's just a personal pet peeve, and i understand the reason for it, but I just prefer bakeries that look like they could be actual bakeries (or some combination of bakery/outdoor space) and not table storage warehouses :p

I guess I'm just too literal sometimes... lol. I have a hard time puting ovens in the corner and/or blocking them with counters so they can't be "opened".

Please tell me I'm not alone in my weirdness...

I play for the decorating so my bakery always looks like some kind of indoor and/or outdoor cafe. I hate all the repetitive tip collecting so I would never have a table farm. I've seen some where they use all the tables to create a picture, and that's really cool. I'm not sure what the appeal is of having a bakery with just tons of rows of tables not even arranged as a picture. Sometimes I wonder if people do it because they are working to collect as much money as possible as quickly as possible to fully expand and then they plan to decorate, but I really don't know. That would take an awfully long time and be pretty boring until you make it to full expansion.

I like to play these games long-term so I'm in no rush to "finish." I decided after my last expansion not to expand my current bakery any further because I like the size it is now for decorating. I actually wouldn't mind if it was smaller, but I can't go back! LOL

kjbrogren
04-10-15, 06:07 PM
Ok Im guilty of having a "table farm" or warehouse but I only do this when Im trying to save to redecorate or to expand. I prefer to have a "real" looking bakery with some fantasy items mixed. I love outdoor bakery's and rest. too.

I do find that if I don't have enough tables out my nbrs get frustrated. Ive gotten messages on my wall about not having enough. I've even had someone delete me as a nbr because I didn't have enough tables to tip!

One of my nbrs just throws tables out along with wallpaper and tile from our monthly goals. They do it with no ryme or reason. Lol its just a bunch of randomness. I get anxious when I visit to tip. I wish this person would change it up. But maybe they just dont know what to do.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-12-15, 04:11 AM
I, too, am a so-called "Table Farmer" :D. The reason I do it has nothing to do with tips, although maybe it does kind of bec I hate, hate, hate clearing tables. As I usually have around 25 neighbors, though, that should serve as a clue that I don't care about tips, as the ones that care about tips are the ones with 300 neighbors.
I have a bunch of tables bec I have a bunch of doors. Every door needs a certain amount of tables and chairs to avoid blue hearts, so I need lots of tables. My many tables are organized by color and sit in their own rooms with coordinating wallpaper and tiles. THe only real "decorations" to be found in my bakery are the Candy Princess cashiers behind my registers and the waffle guy running around. I get compliments on my table farm quite regularly because it's rare to see a bakery as wacky and table-rific as mine. I have yet to see someone with more doors than I have, although I regularly see ugly masses of plain white tables so I can sympathize somewhat with your dislike of un-bakery-like bakeries.
I think there are only two types of BS players - Those with 775 neighbors and only 28 tables so they can ensure that they will always have a wall-full of "full"s or people like me that will never be satisfied with anything less than 55 tables :p.

maesus
04-12-15, 10:36 AM
You aren't alone! I prefer the bakeries that look like real-life bakeries. It ****s me that I have to bunch up all of my appliances to fit in the corner because I know it wouldn't be like that if I really did have a bakery, lol.

silentivy
04-13-15, 11:02 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to force myself to block an oven! lol;)
I end up having to most of the time because I spend all my gems and money buying things instead of expanding. Riht now I made a baseball field in my bakery so all my ovens are bunched up in a corner and it looks like I don't have any tables but it's fun. I could really use a tile that looked like dirt. I usd the sand one and it came out ok.

BuddyB111
04-14-15, 05:04 AM
I like my bakery to look like a bakery, but agree that appliances should not be on show, so I hide them behind tall furniture. I bought the items that came with the commercial and steam ovens, but then I didn't like them on show and put them in storage! I wish we could have internal walls to section off areas in a more realistic way. I have an outdoor area that I fence off and would like more things to use to do this.

I do like looking around all kinds of bakeries because even in fantasy bakeries, there's even often I can use in mine.

PrairieGrass
04-15-15, 08:19 AM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has to force myself to block an oven! lol;)
I end up having to most of the time because I spend all my gems and money buying things instead of expanding. Riht now I made a baseball field in my bakery so all my ovens are bunched up in a corner and it looks like I don't have any tables but it's fun. I could really use a tile that looked like dirt. I usd the sand one and it came out ok.
I also made a baseball field in my bakery with a batter and pitcher. I used limestone tiles for a light colored dirt for the infield between bases. I'll invite you so you can see.

deekathleen
04-15-15, 08:27 AM
I also made a baseball field in my bakery with a batter and pitcher. I used limestone tiles for a light colored dirt for the infield between bases. I'll invite you so you can see.
Can you post a picture so we can see, please? Thanks :)

deekathleen
04-15-15, 11:49 AM
I have a kitchen area in my bakery. all the appliances and most of the food counters are in it. Then the rest of the bakery is around it :)

Lenn_ann
04-16-15, 07:49 PM
I have a kitchen area in my bakery. all the appliances and most of the food counters are in it. Then the rest of the bakery is around it :)

Same here ^^ I'm in the BTLLB club:cool:

deekathleen
04-16-15, 07:59 PM
Same here ^^ I'm in the BTLLB club:cool:
Having to actually bake is just a necessary evil to get more money to decorate. Lol

Lenn_ann
04-16-15, 08:06 PM
Yeah, definetly this is it hehe ^^. The real matter is Decorate or die! ;)

PrairieGrass
04-17-15, 09:03 AM
Can you post a picture so we can see, please? Thanks :)
I'm looking into using photobucket but it has so many permissions and is a large file size. I've never posted pics here, but read the thread on how to do it, so I'll see what I can do.

VanaCatu
04-17-15, 09:35 AM
ms. Prairie's fields :)

http://fs131.www.ex.ua/get/160836440/BS-PrairieGrass20150417-1.png

and the whole shop under spoiler >
http://fs131.www.ex.ua/get/160836430/BS-PrairieGrass20150417-2.PNG

PrairieGrass
04-17-15, 10:01 AM
Thank you dear VanaCatu for posting pics!
As you can see, my customers have to play the infield. Any hit to the outfield is a grand slam like the cake out there.

talensnana
04-18-15, 07:23 PM
19838I have been playing a long time and also play long term. I like to redecorate and I like mine to look like something I would want to visit. Right now it looks like a music store / Barnes and noble theme. I keep around 100 tables however I have 3-4 areas which are efficient design to sale food the fastest. I never try to have more than 15 counters. I will post a picture but you are welcome to stop by and visit.

VanaCatu
04-19-15, 09:17 AM
my one just came to its last remodel.
i'm so lazy, it's ****ing me like i'm sticking the real wallpapers one by one! :)
so i cannot imagine whether i'm gonna do it again.

and this hellion counters... they are so florid! wasting my place and spoiling my precious monochrome, lol )))

but nevertheles, i don't like too when my ugly eaters seat on ovens, so i'm trying to put as much stuff as i can in natural places.
unless the places are over, lol )) and unless it's b&w - then i don't care whether it matches or not. my weakness )))

http://fs138.www.ex.ua/get/161084150/BS-My20150419.png

Wipeout4321
04-19-15, 01:31 PM
Yeah only tables are annoying! I do slightly agree with ya abot the bakery items but not every update should be I say!

sued465
07-07-15, 02:40 PM
This is my first time commenting in the forum. I visit every so often and enjoy reading the threads. I totally agree with you Whoviankat. It seems like every time I go into the community to tip, most of the bakeries look the same. There's no thought put behind the layouts. I don't like a bakery that has nothing but tables. In fact, I am very choosy of my neighbors. I don't have any that have all tables. I choose neighbors that have more creativity.

Also, I wish Bakery Story would come out with more realistic goals too, and I'm not talking about the recent goal using gems instead of coins, which was very disappointing anyway, I'm talking about the goals like the baseball one for instance that we had a few months back. I'm sorry, but putting a stand of cheering fans in a bakery setting or a hot air balloon is just not my idea of a bakery at all. Sometimes I feel that the bakery goals would go along better in Restaurant Story and vice versa.