PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales : Birth of the Isles IOS

Pages : [1] 2

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 10:47 AM
wow ~ amazing!

I guess TL wants to spice up the quests this time!

There may be different tasks for different players!

I did ask about androids getting this new feature, and I was told that they are seeing how players feel about the Dragon Tales feature and gauging its success before venturing into other platforms with it. :)(KP)

Chapter 1:
1/2 : Plant buffbeets - Skip: 1 gold
2/2 : Harvest buffbeets (3mins) - Skip: 1 gold
>> Prize : Moonlight Dragon (white/blue)

Unlock chapter 2 : 5 gold

Chapter 2:
1/3 : Feed your Moonlight Dragon (hatching time 4 hours) - Skip: 1 gold
2/3 : Visit 3 neighbours - Skip: 3 gold
3/3 : Harvest Pumpwings - Skip: 10 gold
>> Prize : 410 XP + 21000 coins

Unlock chapter 3 : 10 gold

Chapter 3:
1/3 : Raise the Moonlight to level 4 (4 hours) - Skip: 10 gold
2/3 : Complete Mainland Magic Show (6 hours) - Skip: 18 gold OR you may get Mapping the Island
3/3 : Craft the Spell Scroll (6 hours) - Skip: 6 gold
>> Prize : 10 maps

Unlock chapter 4 : 20 gold

Chapter 4:
1/3 : Win 1 battle arena match - Skip: 30 gold
2/3 : Raise the Moonlight Dragon to level 5 - Skip: 25 gold
3/3 : Complete Maping the Island (8 hours) - Skip: 24 gold
>> Prize : 410 XP + 21000 coins

Unlock chapter 5 : 30 gold

Chapter 5:

1/3 : Mate a Light Dragon with another Dragon - Skip: 5 gold
2/3 : Win 3 Battle Arena matches - Skip: 90 gold
3/3 : Complete Volcanic Treasures (twice) - Skip: 36 gold
>> Prize : 1 Light banner

Chapter 6:

1/5 : Mate a Water Dragon with another Dragon - Skip: 5 gold
2/5 : Spend 100,000 Coins on Decorations - Skip: 20 gold
3/5 : Win 5 Battle Arena matches - Skip: 150 gold
4/5 : Raise a Moonlight Dragon to level 9 - Skip: 184 gold
5/5 : Complete Mainland Magic Show (twice) - Skip: 36 gold
>> Prize : 1 Water banner

Chapter 7:

1/5 : Mate a Moonlight Dragon with another Dragon - Skip: 5 gold
2/5 : Spend 250,000 Coins on Decorations - Skip: 50 gold
3/5 : Win 6 Battle Arena matches - Skip: 180 gold
4/5 : Raise a Moonlight Dragon to level 10 - Skip: 494 gold
5/5 : Complete Volcanic Treasures(twice) - Skip: 36 gold
>> Prize : Creation Dragon

Chapter 1 :

amerirish
04-09-15, 10:52 AM
First prize is Moonlight Dragon (white/blue). I spent 2 gold to skip Chapter One. Second chapter starts in 13 hours.

PepperWoo
04-09-15, 10:54 AM
Wow this is new! lol But sadly only available for iOS right now. Hope Android peeps would get them soon!

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 10:59 AM
Chapter 2 :

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 11:04 AM
Thank you for all the pictures meoconlunar!

Where did you get the statue shown in the second picture? I don't see it in storage or the marketplace.

ETA: I just realized that the statue was placed for me by the game.

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 11:10 AM
The statue will appear right after starting ;)

JED000
04-09-15, 11:14 AM
What's the time on a nest for the Moonlight dragon? Thanks!

DragonThruTime
04-09-15, 11:14 AM
Happy Anniversary, Dragon Story!

I like this new event. It's something new and different and with a little bit of a story to it. Of course I just planted a five hour crop, an hour previous to this. Lol. Should have known better too. Oh well.

xxxe
04-09-15, 11:16 AM
Oh man! lol I skipped the wait time on the 2nd goal and the goal is to feed the Dragon you just won. Which I haven't hatched and I have 16 hours left in my nest until I even can. Looks like I have to spend more gold to hurry it up!

Just a heads up to everyone. Don't skip the wait time unless you speed hatched the new dragon.

owa411
04-09-15, 11:17 AM

It is 4hrs ;)

xxxe
04-09-15, 11:21 AM
I just had to spend 21 gems for making the mistake of skipping the 13 hour wait time. Hopefully I won't need to speed anything else. Luckily the hatching time on the egg is only 4 hours.

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 11:24 AM
Chapter 3

orleansparish
04-09-15, 11:27 AM
We have to plant pump wings for one part. And then harvest them. And then do mapping the quest with the island dragon. So if you don't have one, try to breed one now. Or be prepared to have gold to skip!

I had about 60 gold so I skipped many parts since I anticipated a different kind of event and have pears planted.

viridium
04-09-15, 11:29 AM
How does this event work?Does it mean when I start tomorrow I have to finish until 17thApril?

Congrats on your birthday DS!I play it now for over a year now and it exploded if its dragons so much!So much beauties,so much pain!So much great cute dragons I spent so much gold for hard getting goals!Stay lovely and make DS more fabelous than yet!

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 11:42 AM
How does this event work?Does it mean when I start tomorrow I have to finish until 17thApril?

I doubt it. That is not consistent with other events but this is new so who knows.

sheera99
04-09-15, 11:46 AM
you have six days and 13 h once you activate it and this has to be done before the 15 th or so

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 11:59 AM
you have six days and 13 h once you activate it and this has to be done before the 15 th or so

Are you sure of this? The tournaments and world events all have fixed end times. You can start late but you'll have less time to complete the event. This event may be different, but I wouldn't assume that to be the case unless someone from TL says so.

I have received pop ups to join a tournament that was ending in a few hours. Late joiners will probably have to spend gold to finish. TL likes it when you spend gold.

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 12:01 PM
Chapter 4:

amerirish
04-09-15, 12:05 PM
If we just have to harvest the Pumpwings and just complete the quest, couldn't we start both of those tasks early so that they're done by the time we get to that stage? Then it's just a quick click and onto the next part.

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 12:06 PM
If we just have to harvest the Pumpwings and just complete the quest, couldn't we start both of those tasks early so that they're done by the time we get to that stage? Then it's just a quick click and onto the next part.

I think we can, but I am not sure :p

amerirish
04-09-15, 12:07 PM
I think we can, but I am not sure :p

Well, I'm going to give it a shot. I don't mind losing harvesting or questing time if it helps me finish this one on time :)

orleansparish
04-09-15, 12:16 PM

I'm sure you can. Now I have to go put that brat dragon on the nest.

zoomygirl29
04-09-15, 12:33 PM
4 hours

inesat
04-09-15, 12:34 PM
<-- Particularly sad bunny on Android... *sigh*

Secretly hoping this will be available soon like the Rainbow Sentinel goals.

PepperWoo
04-09-15, 12:54 PM

I think this Dragon Tales event is not time-sensitive unlike the past quests (Venetian, Rainbow Sentinel). The 6d 13hr timer may only pertain to the time left for a player to activate/start the event (see the bottom line from the event pop-up). The waiting time alone to unlock the chapters without spending gold up until Chapter 5 is already 8d 1h 30m total (Ch2 - 13h 30m, Ch3 - 1d 12h, Ch4 - 2d 12h, Ch5 - 3d 12h). And while we have had a very very time sensitive Rainbow Sentinel quest in the past, we can't deny that that quest requirement's duration fall within the time limit albeit extremely difficult to manage. I don't think TL will actually require us to spend gold for this in order to finish within 6d 13hrs... especially since this is kind of a 'birthday special' lol.

But then again, this is just my observation. I hope the mods will enlighten us soon regarding the duration of this event. :)

edd2309
04-09-15, 12:56 PM
I think this Dragon Tales event is not time-sensitive unlike the past quests (Venetian, Rainbow Sentinel). The 6d 13hr timer may only pertain to the time left for a player to activate/start the event (see the bottom line from the event pop-up). The waiting time alone to unlock the chapters without spending gold up until Chapter 5 is already 8d 1h 30m total (Ch2 - 13h 30m, Ch3 - 1d 12h, Ch4 - 2d 12h, Ch5 - 3d 12h). And while we have had a very very time sensitive Rainbow Sentinel quest in the past, we can't deny that that quest requirement's duration fall within the time limit albeit extremely difficult to manage. I don't think TL will actually require us to spend gold for this in order to finish within 6d 13hrs... especially since this is kind of a 'birthday special' lol.

But then again, this is just my observation. I hope the mods will enlighten us soon regarding the duration of this event. :)

I hope you're right. But TL sure does love for us to have to spend gold

edd2309
04-09-15, 01:01 PM
The pop up makes it seem like you just have to start the event before the 16th or whatever and then take your time to complete it. But once you start the event it really seems like you only have 6 days and 10 hours to complete the whole thing...

PepperWoo
04-09-15, 01:08 PM
The pop up makes it seem like you just have to start the event before the 16th or whatever and then take your time to complete it. But once you start the event it really seems like you only have 6 days and 10 hours to complete the whole thing...

Yeah it sure seems to be like that! I hope Kooky or Elsa could clarify it for us asap. XD

LonePudding
04-09-15, 01:09 PM
Can't believe I saw this late!! I wanna cry.:(

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 01:12 PM

I still haven't started yet :p ~ 3 mins to go (after collecting food)

amerirish
04-09-15, 01:12 PM

Aw, don't cry :( the first couple of chapters are really cheap to skip if you are worried about having enough time. You'll make it! :)

edd2309
04-09-15, 01:14 PM

I think you're fine, timer doesn't start til you start the event

freshfunin2008
04-09-15, 01:19 PM
<-- Particularly sad bunny on Android... *sigh*

Secretly hoping this will be available soon like the Rainbow Sentinel goals.

So I guess Android does not enjoy full parity here like some would think. There should be no reason at this point that this event could not work on both platforms. Does Android not get to celebrate in the birthday festivities?

LonePudding
04-09-15, 01:27 PM
I still haven't started yet :p ~ 3 mins to go (after collecting food)

Aw, don't cry :( the first couple of chapters are really cheap to skip if you are worried about having enough time. You'll make it! :)

Didn't realise WE have to start it ourselves. In excitement I pressed start. Got buff beets on the growing right now, hoping I can catch up. I hope we can all get this moon??????? Dragon! (Moonlight, moonshine...don't remember:p)

LonePudding
04-09-15, 01:28 PM
I think you're fine, timer doesn't start til you start the event

I accidently started it!! My wifi is mucking around a bit, so I'm having a minor panic attack at the moment. Should fix up soon though!

pernmagic
Hint..... Make sure you have an empty food space , an empty nest and empty evolution temple ...... I just got caught with my temple being occupied luckily only one hour to speed it up for the baby dragon ....... Good luck

mimiamelia
I don't think the waiting time is the same for everyone because we started at different times. I saw someone having a waiting time of 13hr and 10min after she/he finished the first chapter, while for me it was only 12hr and 20 min. I think this means that the next chapter will unlock at the same time for both of us, even though I started a little late.

If my theory is correct, I think it is designed to unlock 1 chapter per day. So if I did not skip, chapter 2 will unlock tomorrow and chapter 3 the next day and so on (the waiting time will always be 1day or something like that). If I skipped and reached chapter 4 today, the waiting time will be 3day for me, but ultimately all the players who started the goal today will have their goals unlocked at the same time, unless you skipped through the whole 7 chapters.

But, that's just my theory. If so, there really isn't a point in speeding unless you are stuck on some goal. Good luck everyone and I hope a mod can explain the whole timing thing soon :)

edd2309
04-09-15, 01:34 PM
So I guess Android does not enjoy full parity here like some would think. There should be no reason at this point that this event could not work on both platforms. Does Android not get to celebrate in the birthday festivities?
Android doesn't even get the album. I kinda get why we don't have the arctic isles, but the album? It's ridiculous

amerirish
04-09-15, 01:38 PM
Another thing to consider when you start is the time that you have to wait between chapters. I know it's 13 after one to get to two so my next chapter will be available at 1:30 AM :p I actually should've waited to start but didn't know how it worked.

LonePudding
04-09-15, 01:46 PM
Ohh. Chapter 1. Done. Stress over :D

freshfunin2008
04-09-15, 01:47 PM
Should the title not state iOS only??????

freshfunin2008
04-09-15, 01:49 PM
Hint..... Make sure you have an empty food space , an empty nest and empty evolution temple ...... I just got caught with my temple being occupied luckily only one hour to speed it up for the baby dragon ....... Good luck

good point and at some point the qwest needs to be available because there are multiple qwests that need to be done as well as you go through the various chapters.

dala12
04-09-15, 02:07 PM
What do they mean by compleet mapping the island? I cleared out everything?? So no land left!

saghaven
04-09-15, 02:14 PM
They're probably talking about the quest. Check the quest area.

Yeah, I have two full nests and an evolving dragon. I figure no point in speeding to the next step since it'll actually cost way more than 5 gold since I need to speed up the nests. I'll know for the future though.

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 02:18 PM
I will not speed up and just do it step by step :D

igames4me
04-09-15, 02:19 PM
The outpost quest
Sending island dragon on quest 8 hrs

kooky panda
04-09-15, 02:22 PM
What do they mean by compleet mapping the island? I cleared out everything?? So no land left!
This quest is in your Quest Outpost. Use the one with the island dragon.
Its called " Mapping the Island" 5th quest down. (chapter 4)

L60Dragons
04-09-15, 02:25 PM
Well, I'm going to give it a shot. I don't mind losing harvesting or questing time if it helps me finish this one on time :)

Plz let me know if planting ahead works? Quest ahead?

kooky panda
04-09-15, 02:32 PM

Yeah it sure seems to be like that! I hope Kooky or Elsa could clarify it for us asap. XD
I am getting some clarification .

PepperWoo
04-09-15, 02:36 PM
?
This quest is in your Quest Outpost. Use the one with the island dragon.
Its called " Mapping the Island" 5th quest down.

Hi Kooky! Can you please clarify how the timing works with this one? It's quite confusing for us... like does it unlock 1 Chapter per day for all players?
For example: If I activate the event for the first time on Sunday, will the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Chapters be already unlocked by then or just like those who activated today, will I still have to wait 13h 30m to unlock Chapter 2?
Will this event expire at the same time for all of us on April 16th 10:30am? Or do we only have to activate the event by that date and finish whenever?

EDIT: Ooops didn't see your reply above. xD Thanks!

kooky panda
04-09-15, 02:37 PM
Hi Kooky! Can you please clarify how the timing works with this one? It's quite confusing for us... like does it unlock 1 Chapter per day for all players?
For example: If I activate the event for the first time on Sunday, will the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Chapters be already unlocked by then or just like those who activated today, will I still have to wait 13h 30m to unlock Chapter 2?
Will this event expire at the same time for all of us on April 16th 10:30am? Or do we only have to activate the event by that date and finish whenever?

EDIT: Ooops didn't see your reply above. xD Thanks!

I will also check on the chapter question.

owa411
04-09-15, 02:59 PM
Hmm, have to wait an hour untill 2nd chapter is done. Is it smart to begin the mapping the island quest early, so when the task is there, I could finish it quickly??

gail66
04-09-15, 03:17 PM
Why haven't I got this :-(

LonePudding
04-09-15, 03:20 PM
Hmm, have to wait an hour untill 2nd chapter is done. Is it smart to begin the mapping the island quest early, so when the task is there, I could finish it quickly??

I'm thinking the same thing..

Anaboe
04-09-15, 03:59 PM
I think this is an AWESOME update! I must refrain myself from speeding through all the parts, just because I'm so curious and exited! Happy :D :D

tuffyjkitten
04-09-15, 04:02 PM
Just started this now at almost 4 pm TL time and after completing part 1 it said I had just over 8 hrs to wait before part 2 unlocked. That makes me think it unlocks at the same time for everyone but hopefully Kooky gets an official answer to this question soon.

Megalloo
04-09-15, 04:08 PM
Hmm, wondering if I can begin crafting the spell scroll now, and just wait until I reach chapter 3 to collect the scroll.

Anaboe
04-09-15, 04:08 PM
Those 5 and 6 Battle Arena Matches in step 6 and 7 can be a real hassle to many of us... I usually don't win 5 or 6 times a day... I am happy if I even win 4...

I already started crafting the Spell Scroll, and have planted the Pumpwings. Will start Mapping the Island too. If collecting/finishing it isn't enough, atleast I won't have lost any time to it.

Dcdonn
04-09-15, 04:39 PM
Hi All,
Happy 3 Bday TL/DS! How cool is that?! I'm on an iPhone 6 plus and mine updated automatically. I kept thinking something went wrong with my zoom becuz it doesnt go out as far. Nothing like the rest of you. I hope yours are fixed soon. 🙏 I do know that the display setting has caused other game updates grief as well. There is a display setting under the General tab and you can choose standard or zoom. But I'm not sure if that helps ;-(
I started the quest and if you get to the end of Chapter 2 - you then wait 1 day and 7 hours which works better for me than 10 bars of gold.
I love the Moonlit Dragon and the quest prize dragon both! Feels like our Bday :-))

kooky panda
04-09-15, 06:28 PM

Every player gets his/her own unlock schedule. Every player has the opportunity to participate in this event. The only thing that happens at midnight on 4/16 is that you are force-activated to play the event, and you would have until 4/23 to finish it. No one is left out!

Everyday there is a new Chapter to work on, if you do not use Gold Bars to speed it up. Every player will be on a different time, but like the games, it will reset at midnight.

So let's say you started today, and I start it over the weekend, say Saturday, I will get my 6 Days starting Saturday to finish the Chapters, and you will have your 6 Days from when you started today.

knowitnot
04-09-15, 07:16 PM
In my Chapter 3, I was only asked to raise my Moonlight Dragon to level 3 and I have to complete the Mainland Magic Show quest (not Mapping the Island). So it could be different for everyone. It might not pay to try to work ahead.

mailava
04-09-15, 07:26 PM
Is it possible to not spend any gem to complete this event in time?

RocioBM
04-09-15, 07:28 PM
I still have a doubt: I have just 6 days to do everything? or I can do it all in more days if I want until April 23?

Tomblue
04-09-15, 08:07 PM
whether we have enough time to do the task without the use of gold ??

DeeDeeBird70
04-09-15, 08:16 PM
In my Chapter 3, I was only asked to raise my Moonlight Dragon to level 3 and I have to complete the Mainland Magic Show quest (not Mapping the Island). So it could be different for everyone. It might not pay to try to work ahead.

I have the same Magic Show quest. I think maybe the first post is in error and it has Chapter 4 also doing the mapping. While there are repeats of quests, those are not consecutive.

I have sped up these first chapters as I will have limited play on Saturday.

DragonThruTime
04-09-15, 08:25 PM
I have the same Magic Show quest. I think maybe the first post is in error and it has Chapter 4 also doing the mapping. While there are repeats of quests, those are not consecutive.

I have sped up these first chapters as I will have limited play on Saturday.

No, the pictures are there. They are the same as what was posted in text. From what has been said, it looks like there are different quests. Maybe it's based on the level of the player......or maybe it's random. Interesting. They've thrown us a curve ball. Lol

Kennedward
04-09-15, 08:33 PM
Not sure if I'll finish it on time, but I'll sure try

redstar177
04-09-15, 08:58 PM
Every player gets his/her own unlock schedule. Every player has the opportunity to participate in this event. The only thing that happens at midnight on 4/16 is that you are force-activated to play the event, and you would have until 4/23 to finish it. No one is left out![COLOR=#333333]

HA! Apparently not every player gets to participate in this event. Android is once again left out of the fun. This is getting really old TL.

DeeDeeBird70
04-09-15, 09:03 PM
No, the pictures are there. They are the same as what was posted in text. From what has been said, it looks like there are different quests. Maybe it's based on the level of the player......or maybe it's random. Interesting. They've thrown us a curve ball. Lol

I'm at Level 150. Also it seemed my countdown clock started at 6 days 10 hours. I had waited until my farms were clear.

AMuffins
04-09-15, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=kooky panda;1089208]

Every player gets his/her own unlock schedule. Every player has the opportunity to participate in this event. The only thing that happens at midnight on 4/16 is that you are force-activated to play the event, and you would have until 4/23 to finish it. No one is left out![COLOR=#333333]

SORRY to say that ANDROID and Kindle players are left out..... Just like we were left out of the Rainbow Sentinel event when it first came out..

Is Android going to get this event several weeks later? like we did with Rainbow Sentinel event... We should not be excluded from celebrating.

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 09:39 PM
I still have a doubt: I have just 6 days to do everything? or I can do it all in more days if I want until April 23?

Once you start the clock is ticking and you get 6+ days. As I understand it, the clock for each chapter ends at midnight California time which is PDT (UTC - 7hrs). By this thinking, if you start at 11pm PDT you will get 6 days plus 1 hour. The only way you have until April 23rd is if you don't start the event and it force starts on April 16th at 12:00am PDT or you happen to start the event yourself at that time.

PepperWoo
04-09-15, 11:05 PM
Uh oh, looks like I've caught the curve ball too. Dang... just when I have the Mapping the Island quest done and ready to be clicked in anticipation of Chapter 3 Act 2. Now I have to wait 6 hours more for the Mainland Magic Show. Anyone with the same set knows what's Chapter 3 Act 3?

http://i.imgur.com/HmDtxKo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xPV4WYR.jpg

frenchmarketgirl
04-10-15, 12:02 AM
Is android getting this?

JustBeKind
04-10-15, 12:18 AM
Yes, I expected Mapping the Island quest
But I had
2/3 : Complete Mainland Magic Show (6 hours) - Skip: 18 gold

PepperWoo
04-10-15, 12:28 AM
Yes, I expected Mapping the Island quest
But I had
2/3 : Complete Mainland Magic Show (6 hours) - Skip: 18 gold

So you had raise to level 4 (from one set) and the mainland magic show (from another set) combined?! Woah this event is really random...

Annica5
04-10-15, 02:21 AM
Call me crazy but I like that we have slightly different quests :) Probably am crazy, I've played DS every day for 2 years.
Happy birthday!

pernmagic
04-10-15, 02:32 AM
I'm on 2/3 and on the magic show section , but have a spell scroll already to start crafting when it tells me ..... I hope anyway ...... Seems as if we are all plodding through a dark tunnel without a torch at the moment ...... I'll be in trouble once the arena sections start I think but will see then I hope ..... Good luck everyone ;)

Kennedward
04-10-15, 06:59 AM
The time seems a little tight for me, especially due to work, but I'll play whenever I can

dwb69
04-10-15, 07:40 AM
I am getting different wait times on different accounts - so can you please confirm this event is possible without speeding things up with gold, which if it is, is a typical TL money grab :(

thanks

Every player gets his/her own unlock schedule. Every player has the opportunity to participate in this event. The only thing that happens at midnight on 4/16 is that you are force-activated to play the event, and you would have until 4/23 to finish it. No one is left out!

Everyday there is a new Chapter to work on, if you do not use Gold Bars to speed it up. Every player will be on a different time, but like the games, it will reset at midnight.

So let's say you started today, and I start it over the weekend, say Saturday, I will get my 6 Days starting Saturday to finish the Chapters, and you will have your 6 Days from when you started today.

maizee0404
04-10-15, 08:46 AM
Ok im very confused now.......can someone confirm the chapter 3 goal...is it mapping or mainland magic show.....cz on the 1st page here its mapping..and then someone posted its the other???

LonePudding
04-10-15, 08:50 AM
Ok im very confused now.......can someone confirm the chapter 3 goal...is it mapping or mainland magic show.....cz on the 1st page here its mapping..and then someone posted its the other???

I think it varies between players.

maizee0404
04-10-15, 08:55 AM
I think it varies between players.

Thought so ah well take it as it comes :)

JustBeKind
04-10-15, 08:56 AM
I think it's must be Magic, cos if u look how many gold u can use if u want skip, it's 18 gold ( Magic is 6 h by 3 times will 18 gold, if it's will Island will 8h by 3 for skip need 24 gold) . I guess, it's was mistake.

maizee0404
04-10-15, 09:00 AM
Guessing game!

amerirish
04-10-15, 09:06 AM
Plz let me know if planting ahead works? Quest ahead?

Planting the Pumpwings early & harvesting them after getting the task worked for me.

viridium
04-10-15, 09:08 AM
Im finished on 3 but now they say 20G or waiting.
I wonder if it will shrink the amount of Gold if I wait until tomorrow morning.I cant stop waiting getting the second dragon!

maizee0404
04-10-15, 09:14 AM
Planting the Pumpwings early & harvesting them after getting the task worked for me.

Questing i would plan ahead as it varys some are gettin one some are getting the other...i just hope iv the right one in when the task comes up

maizee0404
04-10-15, 09:14 AM
Questing i would plan ahead as it varys some are gettin one some are getting the other...i just hope iv the right one in when the task comes up

Wouldnt

pernmagic
04-10-15, 09:32 AM
I had the scroll ready so could start crafting when told ......a bit wary of trying to complete other tasks early except I've fed the dragon early and he's 1/2 way to completing L 7 to try to save time so I can feed the rest of "herd" as well ...... Hoping it works ;)

Crafting of scroll finished but now have to wait one day and 14 hours or pay 20 gold ...... I'll wait and see what happens .....

VenomDragon1
04-10-15, 09:34 AM
Why has TL staff not posted a New Feature Overview like they usually do when a new feature is introduced? This has been a big guessing game... :P

DeeDeeBird70
04-10-15, 09:47 AM
Im finished on 3 but now they say 20G or waiting.
I wonder if it will shrink the amount of Gold if I wait until tomorrow morning.I cant stop waiting getting the second dragon!

The amount of gold to open a chapter early does not go down as you get closer. I'm now at 1 day and 14 hours to open chapter 4. I've got a mapping quest ready to collect as I jumped ahead to have that done, but got the magic show quest instead. I did use gold to skip that and open chapters 2 and 3, but NO MORE. I did get level 3 for the Moonlight as step 1. Step 3 of chapter 3 seems to be the Spell Scroll for all.

kooky panda
04-10-15, 10:10 AM
I had the scroll ready so could start crafting when told ......a bit wary of trying to complete other tasks early except I've fed the dragon early and he's 1/2 way to completing L 7 to try to save time so I can feed the rest of "herd" as well ...... Hoping it works ;)

Crafting of scroll finished but now have to wait one day and 14 hours or pay 20 gold ...... I'll wait and see what happens .....
I crafted by scroll yesterday and when I reached the goal today to craft it, I collected and it counted!

BiteMe111
04-10-15, 10:12 AM
Could any moderator please try to find out from The Powers That Be when/if this will be released for Android?

kooky panda
04-10-15, 10:12 AM
Ok im very confused now.......can someone confirm the chapter 3 goal...is it mapping or mainland magic show.....cz on the 1st page here its mapping..and then someone posted its the other???I just got to chapter three and it is Mainland Magic with the magic dragon. ( I sent that out early and when I received the goal, I collected and it counted!)

It was posting yesterday that the quest was the mapping with the island dragon.
I am checking to see if this changed, or if different games will get different quests.

belbar22
04-10-15, 10:28 AM
If you go skip the waiting time for new chapters do you just have to wait longer for new chapters further down the line or does it save you time overall as I want to have more time for battles at stage 6 and 7.

Varinamom
04-10-15, 10:29 AM
Is it ok to go ahead and feed and evolve the moonlight dragon before you get to the chapter to do that? I've finished chapter 2 but wondered if I could go ahead and feed and evolve before it tells me to, can't exactly unevolve and redo that part.

pernmagic
04-10-15, 10:35 AM
I just got to chapter three and it is Mainland Magic with the magic dragon. ( I sent that out early and when I received the goal, I collected and it counted!)

I am checking to see if this changed, or if different games will get different quests.

Thanks Kooky good to know you are doing it with us and sorting the difficulties which happen ;)

pernmagic
04-10-15, 10:37 AM
Is it ok to go ahead and feed and evolve the moonlight dragon before you get to the chapter to do that? I've finished chapter 2 but wondered if I could go ahead and feed and evolve before it tells me to, can't exactly unevolve and redo that part.

I've taken the chance because he's going to be a hungry beast as he grows, mine is 1/2 way to L 7 ..... Hope it works

maizee0404
04-10-15, 10:47 AM
I just got to chapter three and it is Mainland Magic with the magic dragon. ( I sent that out early and when I received the goal, I collected and it counted!)

Thanks kooky :)

maizee0404
04-10-15, 10:49 AM
I've taken the chance because he's going to be a hungry beast as he grows, mine is 1/2 way to L 7 ..... Hope it works

Mines at level 10 on both accounts

synasuga
04-10-15, 11:42 AM
My chapter 5 says to complete the Volcanic Treasures quest twice- anyone else??

saghaven
04-10-15, 12:02 PM

I'm thinking it's ok. I got to chapter 3, just placed him in the temple to evolve from 3 to 4 and it counted. He didn't even have to finish evolving.

kooky panda
04-10-15, 12:03 PM

knj00
04-10-15, 12:06 PM

Mine did.

maizee0404
04-10-15, 12:30 PM

Thats what im thinking...cz we would be able to get ahead with questing amd crafting if everyone had the same...ill know in 13hrs...hope i have the right one in the questing portal..set it off on both accounts

bacon_narwhal
04-10-15, 12:40 PM
**Okay... one of the pics posted earlier showed "The next chapet unlocks in 2 days, X hrs"..

Does this mean if we unlock the next chapter early, we still have to wait for the game/days to catch up?

7 chapters, 7 days.. so if we unlock, say, chapters 1-3 early, will we have to wait until day 4 for Chapter 4 to unlock on it's own?

If so, then I will just stop unlocking chapters early & save my gold...

LonePudding
04-10-15, 12:46 PM
**Okay... one of the pics posted earlier showed "The next chapet unlocks in 2 days, X hrs"..

Does this mean if we unlock the next chapter early, we still have to wait for the game/days to catch up?

7 chapters, 7 days.. so if we unlock, say, chapters 1-3 early, will we have to wait until day 4 for Chapter 4 to unlock on it's own?

If so, then I will just stop unlocking chapters early & save my gold...

That's what it seemed like to me. I was trying to rush through it, but got confronted first by 6 hr wait, rushed through again and got a 17hr wait....
I'm just confused all round.

awsumum
04-10-15, 01:13 PM
That's what it seemed like to me. I was trying to rush through it, but got confronted first by 6 hr wait, rushed through again and got a 17hr wait....
I'm just confused all round.

Was trying same thing, and my next wait time is 1 day 10 hours, price of gold to speed through is also getting a bit steep!

freshfunin2008
04-10-15, 01:21 PM
Kooky, can you update title to iOS only if Android doesn't have this option.

PepperWoo
04-10-15, 02:17 PM
I'm most concerned about the battles requiring 4/5/6 wins that should be finished within a day if we don't use gold to unlock early. It's hard enough to get by with 3 wins on normal days sometimes... *sigh*

I wish the price to unlock early decreases when you unlock closer to the day that chapter is supposed to open. And a new tourney next week to help with the crazy battle win requirement, please! xD

freshfunin2008
04-10-15, 02:38 PM
Maybe everyone is not meant to win this with out spending gold.

jptheripper
04-10-15, 02:54 PM
If I evolve before I get the goal, (while I'm waiting for chapter to unlock) will I have to pay to skip or will I get credit for it

maizee0404
04-10-15, 03:01 PM
If I evolve before I get the goal, (while I'm waiting for chapter to unlock) will I have to pay to skip or will I get credit for it

Well i hope we get credit for it as iv evolved mine on both accounts :)

Anaboe
04-10-15, 04:21 PM
It seems like, if you unlock a goal earlier, the next goal will be at the "original" time, and you will still have 24 hours before the next step unlocks.

So it's better to unlock the later, more difficult steps (like the ones that require 4/5/6 arena matches) the moment you finish the previous step, then rush through the early steps and not wanting to spend more gold.

clarity625
04-10-15, 05:09 PM
I have no idea if I am on schedule or way behind. I am doing chapter 3 act 2 - waiting waiting for Mainland Magic Show Quest to complete (2hr 50min to go.)
I had an idea that each chapter will open same time next day regardless of when you complete current chapter, so speeding things does not pay. On the other hand something may need to sped because there is not enough time to do all steps and wait for chapters to open. Really, I have no clue what is the best way to do this event.

saghaven
04-10-15, 05:28 PM
I think it's impossible to do this without spending gold. The next chapter for me opens in 1 day and 6 hours! Come on now. How am I supposed to finish this in the limited time given if the spacing between chapters is days apart? Answer: spend gold.

PernReloaded
04-10-15, 05:31 PM
Ugh >.< I'm really worried about getting this underway and done in time. I started a day late - I was super busy!

bakerystoe
04-10-15, 06:43 PM

4 hours:)

bookadey
04-10-15, 07:05 PM
I LOVE this update! It's really fun - and has a bit of mystery to it as well! I was so excited that I used gold to speed up - had 5 hours left - I had my quest ready to collect as well as the spell scroll. When I completed the chapter, I now have 1 day and 5 hours left until the next chapter.

I am thinking that you have 1 day for each chapter and if you speed up, you still have to wait until that day. For example - If you start on Friday, chapter 1 is Friday, Chapter 2 is Saturday, Chapter 3 is Sunday etc. If you speed up Friday- you still have to wait for Sunday for chapter 3. Just my thoughts - I don't plan on speeding up anymore to test my theory. For those that that have sped up - did the wait time increase by 24 hours each chapter?

Also - I'm wondering if it takes more than 1 day for a chapter, if it unlocks right away - I have 2 accounts and I know on my 'baby' account that it will take me more than 1 day when I get to the battle arena. will post when I get there.

lunarpurple
04-10-15, 07:05 PM
And my problem is evolving this dragon to level 10 in such short time, because it always takes me a while to grow all that food.

Kennedward
04-10-15, 08:18 PM
Maybe everyone is not meant to win this with out spending gold.

I agree, I'll be playing during the weekend but I seriously doubt I'll finish it

spiritanimals000
04-10-15, 08:56 PM
Wow! I wondered what the update was for!

PernReloaded
04-11-15, 12:13 AM
Okay, so if you start late on this you're screwed. I started a day late and had to wait a full 14 hours for the second chapter to be unlocked. I'm only on Chapter 2! And I'll have to wait even longer for Chapter 3 to be unlocked.

This new way of doing limited time quests is insane. The Winter Solstice was great, there was lots of time to get started and finish things up, but with this (on top of the Rainbow Sentinel time issue!) I can only see Storm8 trying to squeeze players. There is NO give on this.

ShibuyaCloth
04-11-15, 01:02 AM
Well this update definitively ****ed my game on the iPad 1.

cafefrancafe
04-11-15, 02:00 AM
It looks like it would be impossible to reach the end of this without spending upwards of 100+ in gold. As soon as you start Birth of the Isles, you have less than 7 days to complete all of the quests, including waiting time between chapters. The waiting time goes up to 3 days before act 5, 4 days before act 6, and 5 days before act 7. To skip these wait times would take 30, 40, and 50 gold respectively, not to mention all the time it takes to run the quests, win the many battles, evolution/breeding time etc. Is anyone getting different info?

pernmagic
04-11-15, 02:10 AM
Go careful folks... I unwittingly blocked two section of general play by having those two sections ready to be activated when requested with 24 hours to go , decided I had to spend 20 in gold to speed up dragon isles to free up my general game so I could complete level 4, ok my mistake but now have to wait one day and twenty three hours to get to open level 5 ..... It can wait not spending more gold when the general game needs my attention during that time but at least there is a sale on buying gold so I can make up the loss ....... Hope this helps others avoid this

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 02:21 AM
Okay, so if you start late on this you're screwed. I started a day late and had to wait a full 14 hours for the second chapter to be unlocked. I'm only on Chapter 2! And I'll have to wait even longer for Chapter 3 to be unlocked.

This new way of doing limited time quests is insane. The Winter Solstice was great, there was lots of time to get started and finish things up, but with this (on top of the Rainbow Sentinel time issue!) I can only see Storm8 trying to squeeze players. There is NO give on this.

No you're not screwed! Happily, they are letting us define our own schedule. When she says midnight she means California time, UTC - 7 hrs.

To quote Kooky in post 60 on page 6 of this thread:

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 02:31 AM
It looks like it would be impossible to reach the end of this without spending upwards of 100+ in gold. As soon as you start Birth of the Isles, you have less than 7 days to complete all of the quests, including waiting time between chapters. The waiting time goes up to 3 days before act 5, 4 days before act 6, and 5 days before act 7. To skip these wait times would take 30, 40, and 50 gold respectively, not to mention all the time it takes to run the quests, win the many battles, evolution/breeding time etc. Is anyone getting different info?

Chapter 1 starts when you activate the event. You will have until midnight California time to complete each chapter. At midnight the next chapter is unlock without spending gold and you have 24 hours to complete it. A new chapter starts every 24 hours, the wait does not increase with each chapter. People may be referring to the total elapsed time since the event started for you.

So far I am on chapter 3 and they have all been pretty easy to complete. If you follow the chart in post 1 you will have a heads up, like being ready to craft a spell scroll or have a particular quest ready to complete or be ready to mate a particular dragon. It appears doable in the allotted time without spending gold.

One correction is that most people have had a Mainland Magic quest in chapter 3 not Mapping the Island quest.

xxxe
04-11-15, 05:37 AM
So what I'm getting out of reading all these posts is, the people who rushed through the first couple of rounds have longer wait times to complete goals 4-6. For the people who did not rush, your wait time will not be 3 days. Right? So it doesn't really pay to rush through this goals. I rushed through round 1 and it was just a waste of gems. Save your gems guys and just do the goals as they come.

roguebee
04-11-15, 07:12 AM
Mines at level 10 on both accounts

What was the amount of apples needed to finish level 9 to get the dragon ready to evolve to level 10? I have a feeling for the second account that the apples may be the choke point.

queenaseel
04-11-15, 07:13 AM
Hi, does this means that there's NO harm in raising the moonlight dragon to level 10 before reaching the final chapter?

PepperWoo
04-11-15, 07:14 AM
What was the amount of apples needed to finish level 9 to get the dragon ready to evolve to level 10? I have a feeling for the second account that the apples may be the choke point.

100,000 apples total

roguebee
04-11-15, 07:15 AM
Looking ahead, you can interpret there will be a tournament next week. The cost to skip the win Battle Arena matches is 30 gold per match, same as a tournament, rather than the 12 gold it costs just battling in the Arena on any given day.

roguebee
04-11-15, 07:16 AM
100,000 apples total

ugh! Thanks.

LonePudding
04-11-15, 07:24 AM
Ohh I think I get it a little more now! I'm waiting 17hrs for the 4th chapter unlock. Here, it's 3 o'clock(not on the dot), in 17 hours, it will be 8 am. That's California's midnight. Sorry if that had been already said somewhere in this thread.

PepperWoo
04-11-15, 07:27 AM
Looking ahead, you can interpret there will be a tournament next week. The cost to skip the win Battle Arena matches is 30 gold per match, same as a tournament, rather than the 12 gold it costs just battling in the Arena on any given day.

Oh I so hope you're right!! And we haven't had a tourney in so long, it's about time.

bookadey
04-11-15, 07:58 AM
I hope we have a tournament this week. I started this quest on Thursday, so I will be on Chapter 6&7 on Tuesday and Wednesday. According to the 1st post, Chapter 6 has 5 battles to win and chapter 7 has 6 - that works great for the earlier rounds of a tournament when wins come easier.

farmday0123
04-11-15, 08:16 AM
Iphone 6 now back zoom normal iphone 5 zoom out so far lol

tuffyjkitten
04-11-15, 08:52 AM
Well I got stuck by the mapping the island vs mainland magic quest by working ahead for chapter 3 but luckily the quest gave me 8 maps. That's never happened before! And I need maps still so that's good.

Everybody keep food planted....that's a ton of food to level up this dragon!

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 09:53 AM
Hi, does this means that there's NO harm in raising the moonlight dragon to level 10 before reaching the final chapter?

Yes, it is safe to feed your Moonlight right away. I just finished chapter 3 where it said feed your Moonlight to level 4, mine was already level 8 and it was fine. I plan to level it up asap just to have that part done.

pernmagic
04-11-15, 10:45 AM
Well I got stuck by the mapping the island vs mainland magic quest by working ahead for chapter 3 but luckily the quest gave me 8 maps. That's never happened before! And I need maps still so that's good.

Everybody keep food planted....that's a ton of food to level up this dragon!

Yup it is a hungry beast, mine is L9 and each meal is now 10000, guess it's the only one to get fed on my world !

B6x9js
04-11-15, 11:47 AM
Great! Skipped ahead to chapter 4 so I am totally invested gold wise just to run into an Infinity dragon in the arena and then learn after coming to the forum that I might not be able to harvest enough food to level up the Moonlight dragon to level 10 so either I spend more gold to complete this or just eat the gold already spent decisions decisions

roguebee
04-11-15, 12:58 PM
I hope we have a tournament this week. I started this quest on Thursday, so I will be on Chapter 6&7 on Tuesday and Wednesday. According to the 1st post, Chapter 6 has 5 battles to win and chapter 7 has 6 - that works great for the earlier rounds of a tournament when wins come easier.

That's what I am hoping for. May take a little steel resolve to stop at just 5 dragons on Tuesday if it is the start of a tournament.

roguebee
04-11-15, 01:07 PM
Looking ahead, since I have to spend coins on decorations, looks like I'll buy those banners I was always skipping. Royal banner at 100K, Virtue banner at 100K, and a Night banner at 250K. May end up getting a Dragonshrine at 90K.

Meanwhile busily harvesting rushrooms... Hope I don't run out of coins before I hit the decorations...

queenaseel
04-11-15, 01:25 PM
Yes, it is safe to feed your Moonlight right away. I just finished chapter 3 where it said feed your Moonlight to level 4, mine was already level 8 and it was fine. I plan to level it up asap just to have that part done.

Thanks 😻

hushkat
04-11-15, 01:26 PM

I also had to do Volcanic Treasures twice.

LocalNews
04-11-15, 01:36 PM
Yup it is a hungry beast, mine is L9 and each meal is now 10000, guess it's the only one to get fed on my world !

remember you can use mining to get extra food. I was short of food but after mining I had enough to get the dragon up a few notches.

B6x9js
04-11-15, 01:54 PM
remember you can use mining to get extra food. I was short of food but after mining I had enough to get the dragon up a few notches.

Yes but to get bombs to mine with you have to evolve dragons and to evolve dragons you have to feed them! I only got 50 food the last time I mined that's not gonna feed much!

BelleIsle78
04-11-15, 02:40 PM
I unlocked this Thursday. Spent gold Thurs and Fri to get through to level 4. Finished 4 Fri night and given 2d 17h before 5 will unlock. This means not worth it to unlock levels early unless you want to invest in unlocking them all early to finish early for some reason. You can queue certain things up to complete tasks as soon as a level unlocks which is helpful if you have a job and can't play whenever the mood strikes.

kooky panda
04-11-15, 04:58 PM
Yes but to get bombs to mine with you have to evolve dragons and to evolve dragons you have to feed them! I only got 50 food the last time I mined that's not gonna feed much!
When you mine for expansions you also get food.

mbyte68
04-11-15, 05:03 PM
I unlocked this Thursday. Spent gold Thurs and Fri to get through to level 4. Finished 4 Fri night and given 2d 17h before 5 will unlock. This means not worth it to unlock levels early unless you want to invest in unlocking them all early to finish early for some reason. You can queue certain things up to complete tasks as soon as a level unlocks which is helpful if you have a job and can't play whenever the mood strikes.
feeling slighty ripped of about using gold on all 3 accs to skip through to the 4th one now SMH TL ripped us there i think ;/

Anaboe
04-11-15, 06:36 PM
Argh! My opponent in the Arena is a lvl 12 Champion! Argh!

Anaboe
04-11-15, 06:45 PM

When I'm in need of bombs, I buy Water-dragons, and evolve them to lvl 4 and then sell them: Water-dragons are cheap to buy, and don't require a lot of food to evolve. It's a win-win :)

newzealander
04-12-15, 12:10 AM
Can anyone please confirm how the "mate a Light dragon..." one works? Can I start the breeding prior to that Chapter, or is starting it the trigger to ticking off that challenge?

aypeerez
04-12-15, 12:24 AM
Just started chapter 4 - used the link for the first task to go to the arena and won - but the task showed 1 battle still to do. So I sped up the arena to battle again won on my second attempt but the task is still showing one battle to win. Is anyone else having this problem?

Ok force close worked - thank goodness I didn't speed the arena to try again, going back in got the message that job was done - on to next task

Foxy_Kit
04-12-15, 12:34 AM
I've sped up chapter 3, only to have to wait over a day to access chapter 4.

First task is to win an arena match, against queztal. I'm struggling :)

pernmagic
04-12-15, 12:49 AM
I can unlock level 5 at 7 am Monday morning in UK haviing waited for two days so can prepare for that late tonight with the light dragon etc.
Might help anyone .....

babysx1
04-12-15, 01:41 AM
Can anyone please confirm how the "mate a Light dragon..." one works? Can I start the breeding prior to that Chapter, or is starting it the trigger to ticking off that challenge?

Starting the breeding is the trigger not finishing so don't start until you are asked

newzealander
04-12-15, 01:49 AM
Starting the breeding is the trigger not finishing so don't start until you are asked

Thanks Babysx1. As much as I am enjoying this update; it's quite confusing!

greywagtail
04-12-15, 02:09 AM
Finished 4 this morning (GMT) and was given 1 day 12 hours for level 5. This is crazy, what is the point of spending gold unlocking early. Now have 3days and 21 hours to complete. Taking off the 21 hours wait time now remaining for 5, that means 3 days for 5, 6, 7.

LonePudding
04-12-15, 02:56 AM
As much as I am enjoying this update; it's quite confusing!

I agree 100%.

owa411
04-12-15, 03:15 AM
Ok, chapter 5: in 20hrs :)

greywagtail
04-12-15, 03:25 AM
So which dragon should mate with Light to get the least possible breeding time? Fire gives Love (5 hours) but could end up with virtue (33 hrs) - which would take a huge chunk out of my available time.

PoshFaerie
04-12-15, 03:29 AM
So which dragon should mate with Light to get the least possible breeding time? Fire gives Love (5 hours) but could end up with virtue (33 hrs) - which would take a huge chunk out of my available time.

I would probably go with Olympus��

LonePudding
04-12-15, 04:03 AM

That's a good one. Just when you actually want a love, you won't get it!

For breeding water though, the fails can be quite lengthy. You could try for a 6hr cosmos, which could VERY easily become a mist. Blue and white for winter is 12 hours, blue and red could make a 20 hr magic OR if you're lucky, a 11hr athletic. Stay away from blue and green I say. I know islands are very attracted to my island so I won't do that combo.

pernmagic
04-12-15, 05:21 AM
Just forward thought? Once we can open L5 and have 3x tournament and then 5 x tournament in the next level to win in a set time .... does anyone know if these opponents are set for the dragon isles alone or where we are on the other running tournament for the fairground dragon poles?
The reason I ask is that being on L112 my opponents for the poles are now dragons I think are from the ? arctic isles as have never met them before and they are not easy to beat in a match ...... Rather hesitant to continue winning the poles if by advancing in that if I snooker myself to win for dragon isles matches....... Hope this makes sense to someone out there ;)

Decided to speed into L5 ...... Answered my own question...... The opponents for dragon isles are the same we would meet in the carousel dragon parts .... H-E-L-P this could get difficult for all ;( Battle onwards

judyandthecat
04-12-15, 05:37 AM

I am putting Light with Diamond and hoping for a 44 hour fail!

Kami365
04-12-15, 06:02 AM
Hi everyone,I'm on Chapter 7, 5/5 Volcanic treasure,hopefully complete by end of the day,.Just want to tell that if you don't unlocked the Chapter using Golds will be quite difficult to finished it on time, b'coz most of us are working & have less hours to play DS. Good Luck everyone & congrats those were completed the event.

gail66
04-12-15, 06:08 AM
I've got a life. So I've decided to give up its time consuming might have carried on if the prize ended up been a DIAMOND DRAGON GOOD LUCK TO ALL LOL

snowyglowy
04-12-15, 07:22 AM
I'm stuck on chapter 4 where, how can I win battle arena plz help me I have lost it always 

pernmagic
04-12-15, 07:25 AM
I'm stuck on chapter 5 where how can I win battle arena plz help me I have lost it always ��

Who is your opponent then one of us can help you ......

snowyglowy
04-12-15, 07:29 AM
Who is your opponent then one of us can help you ......

Glavier
Icicles dragon ultra rare 12 and I have daimond lol 10 to bit him but I don't have much dragon to bit with

roguebee
04-12-15, 07:31 AM

Thanks. That helps with planning.

roguebee
04-12-15, 07:34 AM

I was planning to go Water and Light for both tries. As long as I can keep the breeding under 24 hrs I'm safe. The expected outcome is a Winter fail at 12 hrs. However, I have a chance at a Metal, Blue Moon, and Cloud as they are the only other possibilities with this combo, all under 18n hrs. So my Breeding den is free the following morning.

snowyglowy
04-12-15, 07:35 AM
Glavier
Icicles dragon ultra rare 12 and I have daimond lol 10 to bit him but I don't have much dragon to bit with

Any idea guys??

Annica5
04-12-15, 07:47 AM
Any idea guys??

Icicles is very hard, Crusader would be my number 1 choice, or heal Diamond and try again. Against the other arctic dragons I use fire element, Landworm or Scorpion are good.

snowyglowy
04-12-15, 07:54 AM
Icicles is very hard, Crusader would be my number 1 choice, or heal Diamond and try again. Against the other arctic dragons I use fire element, Landworm or Scorpion are good.

Yes ur right it's really hard to bit him well I'm keep trying Tobit him thnx for ur suggestions ��❤️

Drachenia
04-12-15, 08:01 AM
I'm LVL 150 and have no more Island, I can send another Green / Blue Dragon of Quest send? :( :( :(
I have not Gold, the quest to skip with gold

JustBeKind
04-12-15, 08:09 AM
Any idea guys??

Hi, try use ur Diamond again, just try remember technic what did u use, I had Icicle 11 < Infinity 9 mb, my neighbour had Icicle 13 < Lacewing 10 mbm

Megalloo
04-12-15, 08:16 AM
Doubt I'll finish the quest. I'm at level 99, and lately I'm lucky if I win twice a day in the battle arena.

I have to wait 16 hrs before chap 5 opens. Not sure who to mate with light. Thinking of either forest or water. With forest, common outcom is 8hrs, or rare could be 8/13/26 hrs for fuzzy/lore keeper/Pegasus.

Water, common gives 12 hr winter, or rare 8/17 hr metal/cloud, or super rare 17 hr blue moon

MaribouMay
04-12-15, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone,I'm on Chapter 7, 5/5 Volcanic treasure,hopefully complete by end of the day,.Just want to tell that if you don't unlocked the Chapter using Golds will be quite difficult to finished it on time, b'coz most of us are working & have less hours to play DS. Good Luck everyone & congrats those were completed the event.

Are you saying that we need to do the Volcanic Treasure quest 5 times in chapter 7?

pernmagic
04-12-15, 09:24 AM
These are questions all of us are going to ask ourselves over the next couple of days ....
How much gold are we prepared to pay for a CREATION DRAGON , the final prize ....... Is it an ultra rare and is it breed able no matter how difficult .... how good in the arena will it be ...... If it's a one off and not repeatable ......
Because this is going to be one big beautiful dragon but very costly to over ride the daily time limits, heal damaged dragons and complete each stage and complete the whole thing .....
Not complaining just being realistic .... Have not made my own mind up yet just putting the thoughts out there to the really experienced players doing this quest ;)

I'm on the first volcanic treasure of level 5 survivd the tournaments ok and it going to be tight on time, going to have to speed the time of hatching light mating , my fault on choice ;)

LonePudding
04-12-15, 09:40 AM
I am putting Light with Diamond and hoping for a 44 hour fail!

I don't think that's a good idea, not with the tight time limit we have. That's if you get it first try. I doubt it though.

roguebee
04-12-15, 09:52 AM
Doubt I'll finish the quest. I'm at level 99, and lately I'm lucky if I win twice a day in the battle arena.

I have to wait 16 hrs before chap 5 opens. Not sure who to mate with light. Thinking of either forest or water. With forest, common outcom is 8hrs, or rare could be 8/13/26 hrs for fuzzy/lore keeper/Pegasus.

Water, common gives 12 hr winter, or rare 8/17 hr metal/cloud, or super rare 17 hr blue moon

Go with the Water. Fails are safer and you'll be ready again when the next starts.

charismabmw33
04-12-15, 10:40 AM
Does anybody know what Chapter 5 is?

hushkat
04-12-15, 11:16 AM
Does anybody know what Chapter 5 is?

All the chapters are listed on the first page of this thread.

freshfunin2008
04-12-15, 11:24 AM
These are questions all of us are going to ask ourselves over the next couple of days ....
How much gold are we prepared to pay for a CREATION DRAGON , the final prize ....... Is it an ultra rare and is it breed able no matter how difficult .... how good in the arena will it be ...... If it's a one off and not repeatable ......
Because this is going to be one big beautiful dragon but very costly to over ride the daily time limits, heal damaged dragons and complete each stage and complete the whole thing .....
Not complaining just being realistic .... Have not made my own mind up yet just putting the thoughts out there to the really experienced players doing this quest ;)

I'm on the first volcanic treasure of level 5 survivd the tournaments ok and it going to be tight on time, going to have to speed the time of hatching light mating , my fault on choice ;)

I will not pay gold for it that is for sure.

hushkat
04-12-15, 12:26 PM
Chapter 6 required that I complete the mainland magic show quest twice.

snowyglowy
04-12-15, 12:51 PM
Hi, try use ur Diamond again, just try remember technic what did u use, I had Icicle 11 < Infinity 9 mb, my neighbour had Icicle 13 < Lacewing 10 mbm

Yes I did, I win with diamond mb tyvm 😍

xxxe
04-12-15, 12:52 PM
I already spent 30 gold on this quest and just finished level 4. I'm not spending anymore. I don't really care if I get the dragon or not at this point.

bookadey
04-12-15, 04:30 PM
Are you saying that we need to do the Volcanic Treasure quest 5 times in chapter 7?

I think it means that it is step 5 of 5 Steps - the last step in the chapter.

DragonThruTime
04-12-15, 04:31 PM
I was away today and therefore didn't get started on my next chapter in time to be able to finish the quests for today. Does anyone know if this will effect my starting time for the next chapter? I'm currently on chapter 4 so will access to chapter 5 start immediately after I finish the chapter 4 goals (which will be tomorrow morning) or will i have to wait until the start of the next day....which would make it so I can't finish the event on time. Has anyone run into this?

bookadey
04-12-15, 04:39 PM
I was away today and therefore didn't get started on my next chapter in time to be able to finish the quests for today. Does anyone know if this will effect my starting time for the next chapter? I'm currently on chapter 4 so will access to chapter 5 start immediately after I finish the chapter 4 goals (which will be tomorrow morning) or will i have to wait until the start of the next day....which would make it so I can't finish the event on time. Has anyone run into this?

I'm really curious about this too. Can you let us know if the next chapter started right away?

Also - I plan to breed white with Pink when I get to that step. THe longest fail is 18 hours and I don't have any pink/white dragons yet. A win/win for me.

Draxana
04-12-15, 05:28 PM

Your thoughts are similar to mine. :confused:

Kami365
04-12-15, 05:31 PM

Not that mean but Generally you need to unlocked couple of chapters with Gold ,than most probably have more time to completed the whole event,and yes Chapter 7 have 5 Act and Volcanic treasures 2 times.

Kami365
04-12-15, 05:35 PM
Sorry ! Chapter 7, the volcanic treasures 2 times.The total Chapter 7 have 5 Act.

sipland
04-12-15, 08:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used Moonlight Dragon in battle?

Dragonvillian
04-12-15, 08:51 PM
I think the key to this is to have Moonlight at level 10 before you start chapter 7.That way you only have concentrate on your battles, & if you
need to skip the last act it will only cost you 18 or 36 gold.

MaribouMay
04-12-15, 08:56 PM
Sorry ! Chapter 7, the volcanic treasures 2 times.The total Chapter 7 have 5 Act.

Great! Twice is much easier than 5x. Thank you for the clarification.

MaribouMay
04-12-15, 09:04 PM
I think the key to this is to have Moonlight at level 10 before you start chapter 7.That way you only have concentrate on your battles, & if you
need to skip the last act it will only cost you 18 or 36 gold.

Yup. My Moonlight is evolving to level 10 right now and I start chapter 5 in a few hours. Getting ahead on evolving and have a quest ready to complete meant it took 5 mins for me to complete chapter 4.

freshfunin2008
04-12-15, 09:15 PM
Yeah if you only have 24 hours to complete each chapter it doesn't make sense to have 5 volcanic quests which would be a total of 30 hours if I counted that correctly. 2 sounds do able.

mayday2001
04-13-15, 12:33 AM
Just looking at the gold cost to skip items people if you're smart use ultimate in battle if you have to. 5x ultimate only cost 60 gold.Much cheaper to go that route. Also best breeding pair for both light and water dragons is Olympus. longest fail is nyx 10 hrs

amy7353
04-13-15, 04:11 AM
Can we do the acts within the chapter concurrently? For example I am on chapter six. Can I knock out my mainland magic show while doing my battles, or do I need to wait for that act within the chapter to open up

pernmagic
04-13-15, 05:02 AM
Just looking at the gold cost to skip items people if you're smart use ultimate in battle if you have to. 5x ultimate only cost 60 gold.Much cheaper to go that route. Also best breeding pair for both light and water dragons is Olympus. longest fail is nyx 10 hrs

Thanks very good advice both for water dragon x Olympus, shortest time for breeding, and to ultimate for 12 gold for a very difficult artic opponent, used it on my third match ...... 2 to go ..... Thanks ;)

ShibuyaCloth
04-13-15, 05:10 AM
I am struggling with the battle, as I don't have champion dragons I have ultra low changes to win. I would love to finish this without gold.

Anaboe
04-13-15, 05:38 AM
Pfff, my opponent is a lvl 13 Valkyrie...

ShibuyaCloth
04-13-15, 05:49 AM
Pfff, my opponent is a lvl 13 Valkyrie...

Lol, I have a sasquash! Well very similar issue. Low chance to win (1/3) :(

roguebee
04-13-15, 05:52 AM
Can we do the acts within the chapter concurrently? For example I am on chapter six. Can I knock out my mainland magic show while doing my battles, or do I need to wait for that act within the chapter to open up

Yes, in fact you almost have to do some of this concurrently. Start your Mainland Magic show at any time. Just don't complete it until that Act opens up.

Kennedward
04-13-15, 07:04 AM
I'm also stuck at a battle, my opponent is a Lv13 Dark Angel:mad:

DragonThruTime
04-13-15, 07:41 AM

I'm really curious about this too. Can you let us know if the next chapter started right away?

bookadey, the next chapter did start right away.....so no lost time. :)

knuffel19
04-13-15, 09:24 AM
Lol, I have a sasquash! Well very similar issue. Low chance to win (1/3) :(
Try Landworm, use magic, it works well for me on all arctic dragons

AuntyRose32
04-13-15, 09:59 AM
I'm on step 3 of chapter 2 (just started yesterday) harvest some Pumpwings. I've harvested them and it's not counting towards the goal. It seems like I just need to harvest them once, I've harvested them 3/4 times and the counter hasn't changed. Am I missing something here?

Tiamat68
04-13-15, 10:15 AM
The battles are ****ing me! 5 fails on the Apollo Dragon so far. I've used Cosmic, Champion, Diamond, Black Rose.... I can't touch it. Any suggestions?

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 10:39 AM
I'm on step 3 of chapter 2 (just started yesterday) harvest some Pumpwings. I've harvested them and it's not counting towards the goal. It seems like I just need to harvest them once, I've harvested them 3/4 times and the counter hasn't changed. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you should need to harvest pumpwings just once though there has been some variability in the tasks.

Try force closing and then reopening your game. To force close in iOS, click on the home button twice and swipe up on any app you wish to close. If you have an android device I don't know how to force close an app.

If that fails, you could delete and reinstall your game.

bookadey
04-13-15, 10:46 AM
The battles are ****ing me! 5 fails on the Apollo Dragon so far. I've used Cosmic, Champion, Diamond, Black Rose.... I can't touch it. Any suggestions?

Have you tried Lightning or Lotus?

mbyte68
04-13-15, 10:47 AM
ikr bit of a joke theese arena matchs at min everyone ive battled been 14 or higher taken several attempts, no sign of a tourny of out yet SMH!!

bookadey
04-13-15, 10:55 AM
Thanks DragonThruTime - I am a little worried about time on my small account.

freshfunin2008
04-13-15, 10:59 AM
oh no... I just collected my island map but I did it before being prompted. I have to do it again. Ugh

DragonThruTime
04-13-15, 11:03 AM
You're welcome bookadey. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great.

bookadey
04-13-15, 11:15 AM
I looked for pictures of Chapter 5, but didn't see any. On Chapter 5, Act 3 - I have to do the Volcanic Treasures twice. I know I've read for Chapter 7, but I have to do 2 now.

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 11:25 AM
I looked for pictures of Chapter 5, but didn't see any. On Chapter 5, Act 3 - I have to do the Volcanic Treasures twice. I know I've read for Chapter 7, but I have to do 2 now.

I have to do Volcanic Treasure twice, that is where I am too. I wouldn't count on the pictures as there have been changes or variation for other players.

Kennedward
04-13-15, 11:37 AM
Will be losing the remaining time due to a business trip, good luck everyone though, I just won't be one of those players who completes it

freshfunin2008
04-13-15, 11:54 AM

I saw that for both chapter 5 and 7. chapter 6 is magic I believe.

roguebee
04-13-15, 01:29 PM
oh no... I just collected my island map but I did it before being prompted. I have to do it again. Ugh

So completing your quest out of sequence didn't count?

ShibuyaCloth
04-13-15, 01:39 PM
Try Landworm, use magic, it works well for me on all arctic dragons

He ended up in limbo as well. So one more dragon is the healing spring, soon I will have more Dragons in the spring as on the board :/ Not to mention that I have chapter 6 & 7 to go.

PernReloaded
04-13-15, 02:57 PM

Absolutely not.

If you complete the quest without the prompt to do so, it *does not* count.

So be careful!

AuntyRose32
04-13-15, 03:02 PM
Yes, you should need to harvest pumpwings just once though there has been some variability in the tasks.

Try force closing and then reopening your game. To force close in iOS, click on the home button twice and swipe up on any app you wish to close. If you have an android device I don't know how to force close an app.

If that fails, you could delete and reinstall your game.

Thanks for responding MaribouMay, I force close my app everytime I leave the game so I was synced with TL servers, I don't think it was that. I just harvested some more Pumpwings now and it counted towards the goal, I guess it was just a glitch. I had to harvest Pumpwings 4 times to make it count. A bit odd but I'm past it now, on to chapter three now. Thanks again.

tuffyjkitten
04-13-15, 03:11 PM
Absolutely not.

If you complete the quest without the prompt to do so, it *does not* count.

So be careful!

I had to put a post-it note saying "don't collect the quest until you win the 3rd battle" on my iPad to remind me not to do it out of order. I sent the first volcanic treasure off as soon as the chapter unlocked this morning. Finally beat the level 14 Angel dragon (seriously??) and was able to collect and send the second one off.

Anaboe
04-13-15, 03:26 PM
If you don't finish the last acts of the step before midnight, does the next step still unlock at midnight or do you loose time?

freshfunin2008
04-13-15, 03:50 PM

Correct. I have to send island dragon back out again.

PoshFaerie
04-13-15, 04:05 PM
Being extremely careful now. Just to clarify.. Ok to evolve moonlight dragon to level 10 before the goal for it comes up. That be right??

DragonThruTime
04-13-15, 05:15 PM
If you don't finish the last acts of the step before midnight, does the next step still unlock at midnight or do you loose time?

You don't lose time. I didn't get my goals finished yesterday but the next chapter still opened up for me today.

MaryEllen821
04-13-15, 06:36 PM
Chapter 6 starts in the wee hours. Has anyone gotten a quest other than Mainland Magic for chapter 6? If I have to do it twice, it'd be great to get the first one teed up now. I guess I don't have much to lose, though, if I have to do something else instead -- just the loss of the Magic's few coins for those hours.

And then I assume I have to win all the 5 arena battles first, before I collect on the quest?

freesiawoods
04-13-15, 06:54 PM
Have you tried Lightning or Lotus?

Try Kitsune or black swan

tanymarie
04-13-15, 06:55 PM
Hi guys Just a question what happened if you don't complete the acts on time?? Im stuck fighting with a dragon in the first of three battles of chapter 5!!! and I don't have any gold, I used it!!

Tiamat68
04-13-15, 07:08 PM
Try Kitsune or black swan

Thanks for the suggestions freesiawoods and bookadey. I tried my Razorback again with the 12 gold boost - I was frustrated at that point. I really want to complete this event, but I can't see how I can do the 11 battles in the last 2 chapters. These opponents are really hard!!!
BTW, is Diamond good for any battle? Any I've tried were fails. She's at max level.

LonePudding
04-13-15, 07:48 PM
In chapter 5 act 3 I have to do the volcanic treasure quest twice :(

DeeDeeBird70
04-13-15, 07:53 PM
For those of you not used to doing battles, Google "Dragon Story Battles" There is a Wiki site with a battle calculator (scroll down) It will give the percentage each dragon and level it is has in getting a winning hit against your opponent. Bash or Magic does not matter. And even a 10% has a chance. I've been using it for some time with good results.

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 09:28 PM
Being extremely careful now. Just to clarify.. Ok to evolve moonlight dragon to level 10 before the goal for it comes up. That be right??

You can evolve your Moonlight ahead of the requests. Mine was level 8 when it asked me to have a level 4. The request skipped by so fast I barely saw it. It is safe.

PoshFaerie
04-13-15, 09:36 PM
Yay! Thanks MaribouMay!

missroberta
04-13-15, 10:02 PM
I cant skip the arena and i cant seem to defeat the first one. Does anyone have a list of what dragons to use to get thru the arena event???

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 10:24 PM
I cant skip the arena and i cant seem to defeat the first one. Does anyone have a list of what dragons to use to get thru the arena event???

We are all getting different dragons on the arena so there isn't a list of opponents like with a tournament. What are you battling?

dala12
04-13-15, 10:34 PM
Dark Phoenix and it seems that the battles cannot be won with champions,it is strange! I must win six battles but I only won one so far...
Just lost again...what do you think I must do? What is good besides champion against dark Phoenix ?

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 10:47 PM
Dark Phoenix and it seems that the battles cannot be won with champions,it is strange! I must win six battles but I only won one so far...

Yeah, something weird is going on. I can't take done a Never Ending even though I have good dragons to battle with it.

Have you tried Parakeet, Lacewing, Jade, Wildflower, or Rainbow Sentinel?

dala12
04-13-15, 10:59 PM
I will try parakeet but it is so stupid that champs do not win this dragon?!

MaribouMay
04-13-15, 11:09 PM
I will try parakeet but it is so stupid that champs do not win this dragon?!

According to the outside website battle calculator there are a few dragons rated better than champs by a bit.

dala12
04-14-15, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I know but normally they do win and it is hard to win especially when it must be done in such a short time! But parakeet did the job! So four dragons to go! Hope you all are lucky!

black2205
04-14-15, 12:26 AM
Chapter 6
1Akt of 5. Mate by brading a Water Dragon.
2. Bay Dekoration for 10000 coin
3. And Then wie Must Win 5 Battles.
Oh Oh.
4. ?
5. ?

dala12
04-14-15, 12:54 AM
4. Raise moonlight to level9
5. Magic maps

And it must go later to level 10,making food and mining for this! I need now only 10000 food x2 yes it is a hard job! I think without speeding I will not make it!

pernmagic
04-14-15, 12:55 AM
Had to speed to L 7 as do not have the time tomorrow..... 1st Sterling silver just ****ed my Brazil but "just " have to get though these and hope to finish ...... Fingers crossed ..... Good luck everyone