PDA

View Full Version : New update causing crashing

kaitelvara
04-08-15, 10:37 PM
Just installed the new upgrade.

The game SLOOOWLY loads, then crashes as soon as it's in. No error, no popups interferring, nothing- just "Hey, you're game...is...load....ing....CRASH"

I've cleared my safari cookies and history, restarted my ipod, and closed the game. I've tried at least 10 times to get the game open.

I've been playing since January 2013. I use an iPOD touch 4th gen.

Regina;1096885']We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, but the fix requires a version update so this may take a few days for Apple approval. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, to resolve this, you can restart your game and it'll reload your board. Thank you for your patience!

chewingthecud
04-08-15, 10:48 PM
Same here! No new event is loading either - just the new splash screen.

kaitelvara
04-08-15, 10:55 PM
I can't get ANYTHING to load. Of the now dozen times I've opened the game I've only gotten past the news screen twice and before my dragons can even smile at me it rage quits.

I've been dealing with the game crashing often for a LONG time now. I'm starting to get to the point that I realize I might just hang up the towel until such time as I have the money to buy the latest iPod because apparently you can only play this game for six months to a year before you'll put out hundreds of dollars on the newest hardware. Forgive my complete and utter frustration.

chewingthecud
04-08-15, 11:26 PM
Hopefully they will fix this soon. I also have a IPad. I have over 300 dragons - maybe that is also making mine crash?

kaitelvara
04-08-15, 11:34 PM
I'm sure with that many dragons (I've got that many) it's not helping but honestly, why should players be punished for using the game for its intended purpose? We're gathering dragons and since they don't always stick around or are part of events there is a mad dash to "catch them all". So it should be MY fault that I have so many dragons because they keep coming out with new ones? That I should have to sell my dragons because my 2 year old device that costs $200+ dollars can't support a game that keeps growing?

Ugh, sorry again, rather frustrated. I'm sure having a lot of dragons is not helping the crashing but I find it rather odd that it's an "update" for bug fixes among other things that has led me to be unable to load the game period.

chewingthecud
04-08-15, 11:37 PM
I just deleated and reloaded the app and now it seems to work. Give it a go.;)

kaitelvara
04-08-15, 11:53 PM
I'm always afraid to do that but sure...

...here's the test...

Sluggish to load. On the messages screen, neither allowing me to accept gold nor closing...finally closing. Thinking...thinking...only half my enclosures loaded and no dragons. There they ...are...sparkles from visiting players...not all dragons loading...there's my gold and money...trying to scroll to my nest. Little bit of movement...still sluggish. No dragon movement...

Well, I got the game to turn ON at least...

kaitelvara
04-08-15, 11:59 PM
After trying to zoom out a little it crashed again. Never saw a dragon move...an improvement, sure but still leaves the game unusuable.

Tried opening the game after the crash and it crashed before getting passed the new loading screen. Tried a second time and same thing.

DI3S3L
04-09-15, 03:47 AM
After this update, I can't zoom out very far. I have deleted and reloaded the game and still can't zoom out.

dwb69
04-09-15, 07:16 AM
likewise - and on an ipad mini its awful to use !! slow to load as well - thanks TL, I will be deleting unless a fix is released asap. I guess no testing is a good way to send an update out,

After this update, I can't zoom out very far. I have deleted and reloaded the game and still can't zoom out.

dwb69
04-09-15, 08:53 AM
Update - when I visit two nbrs then I loose ability to see their habitats, when I return home, I cant see my own without a force close

TL, this is garbage testing - when will it be fixed, I see others equally irritated and looking at quitting from another one of your "lovely updates"!!

likewise - and on an ipad mini its awful to use !! slow to load as well - thanks TL, I will be deleting unless a fix is released asap. I guess no testing is a good way to send an update out,

kaitelvara
04-09-15, 10:16 AM
To be honest, I've been frustrated for a while that it crashes so often. Lost out on my chance for a sunstone because I lost my bombs and sunstone pieces that left me 22 short.

Now that I can't even turn on the game, it may be the final straw. I don't want to give up my dragons, I quite like them but...I'm just at the end of my patience.

laraelyn
04-09-15, 03:54 PM
Same problem here the new update is terrible can't play at all really frustrating

[S8] Regina
04-09-15, 05:07 PM

This is a known issue and the team is looking into it. Sorry about that!

[S8] Regina
04-09-15, 05:29 PM
In regards to the crashes, can you please try closing any background apps you may have running? This should free up some resources and improve the performance of your game. If you still need assistance with your account, please email support@storm8.com. Hope this helps!

Passera
04-09-15, 08:44 PM
I have forced closed shut off my iPod and deleted and reinstalled four times the game works after reinstalling but after that I maybe get to the message screen before the game crashes again! I shouldn't have to delete and reinstall every time I want to play! Please fix this!

kaitelvara
04-09-15, 10:07 PM
Regina;1089187']In regards to the crashes, can you please try closing any background apps you may have running? This should free up some resources and improve the performance of your game. If you still need assistance with your account, please email support@storm8.com. Hope this helps!

All background apps are closed, the iPod is freshly restarted, all data/cookies and history are clear. Game has been deleted off iPod and re-installed. Still can't get it to load past the opening screen.

I'll try to email them soon.

bubbies88
04-09-15, 11:21 PM
Update - when I visit two nbrs then I loose ability to see their habitats, when I return home, I cant see my own without a force close

I'm also having that same problem and would really love the ability to zoom out again on our islands. It takes so long now to find habitats to "play" because we can't zoom out. Hope you can fix this soon, TL.

LonePudding
04-10-15, 05:43 AM

TL, this is garbage testing - when will it be fixed, I see others equally irritated and looking at quitting from another one of your "lovely updates"!!

Same with me. A neighbour of mine commented on my wall advising me not to update because it made all their stuff disappear, I comment back on their wall saying it hadn't happened to me yet. Return to my island. EVERYTHING GONE. It's like a contagious bug.

dwb69
04-10-15, 06:13 AM
if its a known issue then will the quest "expiry date" be pushed out ?
why would I upgrade to a buggy version, yet I am being forced to if I want to do the quest - that makes no sense

thanks

Regina;1089174']This is a known issue and the team is looking into it. Sorry about that!

kareichan
04-10-15, 08:45 AM
All background apps are closed, the iPod is freshly restarted, all data/cookies and history are clear. Game has been deleted off iPod and re-installed. Still can't get it to load past the opening screen.

I'll try to email them soon.

I have the same problem and have done the same things, it's not just you. Haven't found a solution :(

Passera
04-10-15, 09:05 AM
I have the same problem and have done the same things, it's not just you. Haven't found a solution :(

I am having same issues sent e-mail this morning hopefully they will resolve this issue soon! I even tried logging in on friends (she doesn't have theses issues) device and my game still wouldn't load even though hers does!

laraelyn
04-10-15, 12:04 PM
Game still not working cant even get into it loads and crashes before I can do anything so frustrating can't collect gold or food can't do anything TL fix this please

TinksThots
04-10-15, 04:15 PM
Is it possible to revert back to the previous version until this is fixed?

[S8] Regina
04-10-15, 05:06 PM
We've forwarded these info to the team and they are looking into it. Thank you for your patience!

debosden
04-10-15, 05:19 PM
i just lost almost all of my habitats and decorations....anybody else gave this problem?

Passera
04-10-15, 07:25 PM
Got a response back from storm8 support basically saying that the problem is my device a device that played the game perfectly well before the update. Seriously?

chewingthecud
04-10-15, 08:26 PM
Hello All. I reloaded the game but it still is crashing. I play on an iPad but I have over 300 dragons. Maybe the new update is jaut too much for my iPad to handle. I make sure all other apps are closed but it does not help. If TL can look into this I would be very appreciative. Oh yes, this did not happen before the new update.

Thanks TL. I love this game so I want to keep on playing if possible.

kaitelvara
04-10-15, 10:02 PM
Got a response back from storm8 support basically saying that the problem is my device a device that played the game perfectly well before the update. Seriously?

Got the same email. I was told that my device may no longer be able to run it. As if a 2 year old device that could run the game about as well as could be expected BEFORE the update is "old".

glenngenius
04-10-15, 11:00 PM
Same here. The app keeps on crashing even if I deleted all the background applications. I tried to reinstall it and it worked for a few seconds then crashed. After that, I cannot get past the game as it crashes before I was able to continue. I hope TL fixes this soon.

adabee
04-11-15, 04:04 AM
Hi. The zoom problem is fixed but the game is still crashing and I'm still seeing deserted islands! I'm playing on Iphone 6+ 128gb: I cleaned the Safari data & history and I updated to iOS 8.3! I hope TL can solve all problems ad soon as possible.

TinksThots
04-11-15, 07:11 AM
Regina;1089814']We've forwarded these info to the team and they are looking into it. Thank you for your patience!

Again, can the previous version be made available? I was trying to gather 200 mining pieces, I don't care about this new goal or quest or whatever's going on, and I don't want to run out of time, because there's no way I'll be able to get a new device, I have kids and bills.

jim23cash
04-11-15, 07:43 AM
Mine was crashing at first, but it works great now! At first I would get a black screen, then about 30 sec later, splash screen, then it would open to my messages, and immediately shut down, kicking me out. I closed everything, cleared my browser history, and turned off my iPad mini for 30 seconds, then turned it back on, and voila, it worked! Better than before! No constant crashing now! Woo Hoo! I can collect from habitats, scroll across screen, breed, and mine, all with no crashing!
I am having one weird little mining glitch - the first time I mine, no matter where I touch, the bomb goes off in the upper left corner. Only the first bomb, after that, it's working great! Anyone else having this problem?

crikit
04-12-15, 06:45 AM
Reinstalled numerous times. Hard shutdowns on device. Impossible to play the game. Cannot complete the new event because will not stay in game more than 2 or 3 seconds

hellochloe28
04-12-15, 06:50 AM
The game keeps crashing on me, I've tried restarting the phone, deleting re-installing the game to no avail. I've had this problem before (usually when mining) but not to an extent that I can't even play the game anymore bc it crashes within seconds of opening. I don't know what else to do! :confused:

Using IOS, Iphone 3, updated to ios 6

Game version 2.0

crikit
04-12-15, 12:22 PM
I have same problem on iPad.

nilni
04-12-15, 07:55 PM
I also have the same problem. The game is very often to pop out once I log in the game at the first screen.
iPhone 4S, iOS 7
Please help to solve it, thanks.

kaitelvara
04-12-15, 10:36 PM
Mine was crashing at first, but it works great now! At first I would get a black screen, then about 30 sec later, splash screen, then it would open to my messages, and immediately shut down, kicking me out. I closed everything, cleared my browser history, and turned off my iPad mini for 30 seconds, then turned it back on, and voila, it worked! Better than before! No constant crashing now! Woo Hoo! I can collect from habitats, scroll across screen, breed, and mine, all with no crashing!
I am having one weird little mining glitch - the first time I mine, no matter where I touch, the bomb goes off in the upper left corner. Only the first bomb, after that, it's working great! Anyone else having this problem?

I'd say...probably not...nobody so far has mentioned being able to get into the game for long, all history closed, all apps closed and restarted device.

Still, congrats on being able to play the "update", I'll consider you one of the lucky ones. For five brief seconds I got past the splash screen to see my enclosures...but no dragons I've spent years collecting.

glenngenius
04-13-15, 05:59 AM
I cannot open DS anymore on my iPod touch (it keeps on crashing and crashing and crashing) that is why I decided to transfer my account on Android and neglected the chance of getting the dragon tales dragons. And guess what? I cannot see my dragons. All I have is empty habitats with dark circles somewhat moving.

I hope the quality of DS on Android is the same as iOS'. I also hope I haven't lost any of my dragons in my storage.

MaryEllen821
04-13-15, 11:54 PM
I am able to play, but can't make more than a few visits before habitats & deagons start to vanish.

It also seems there are more & more high level players whose islands are always full. I'm guessing these crashes & disappearances have made them quit playing.

Really disappointing that TL hasn't acknowledged the issue.

[S8] Regina
04-14-15, 10:28 AM
I am able to play, but can't make more than a few visits before habitats & deagons start to vanish.

It also seems there are more & more high level players whose islands are always full. I'm guessing these crashes & disappearances have made them quit playing.

The team is aware of this and currently investigating a solution to this matter. We thank you for your patience.

annstrawberry
04-14-15, 11:17 AM

I have the same problem this is what they emailed me (Thank you for your email. Please note that apps running in the background may exhaust resources and can cause performance issues in other apps. Please try closing out applications that are running in the background and clearing your device's cache. This should free up some resources, which may improve the performance of your game(s).)

I don't think we all have the same device for it to be our devices that is the problem. I believe it's on there end.

MaryEllen821
04-14-15, 11:40 AM
Regina;1091283']The team is aware of this and currently investigating a solution to this matter. We thank you for your patience.
Thx for the acknowledgement! Makes it easier to wait.

kaitelvara
04-15-15, 10:47 PM
I don't think we all have the same device for it to be our devices that is the problem. I believe it's on there end.

I agree.

TinksThots
04-17-15, 10:19 PM
Any news on this? I've tried loading it once a day since the update, because it gets as far as showing me the daily bonus popup and I'm hoping that's maybe registering, but that's still as far as it gets. I'm running out of time to mine pieces for the radioactive dragon, and so far haven't gotten a reply on whether there's gonna be an extension for that one since this issue came up right in the middle of it.

Can you put the previous version of DS back in the app store alongside the new one until you get it working properly for everyone? I'm finding myself not even picking up my iPad a fraction as much as I did a week ago, and when I do, it's more for my nbrs' sake than because I want to actually play anymore, and that sucks, because life's been throwing handfuls of lemons at me lately, and escaping into my pixel worlds used to be not only fun but therapeutic, and now that's becoming a lemon too. :-/

Gingernut2013
04-18-15, 04:10 AM
SAME!! (thank gawd I'm not the only one!!!!)

I've tried the following:
* force quit
* turn phone off then on again
* erased from phone, the redownloaded it

I've confirmed:
* my internet speed it absolutely fast enough
* my operating system is compatible
* it is the only app open

Heeeeelllllppppppp!!!!!!!!

Gingernut2013
04-18-15, 04:15 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Please put the older version back in the app store so we can at least keep playing while they sort this out. :D

considering there's a timed challenge on, and there's a ton of us unable to participate as a result, it's very frustrating, to say the least.

And Tinks Thots, sorry about your overabundance in lemons. Thinking good thoughts for you. :)

Any news on this? I've tried loading it once a day since the update, because it gets as far as showing me the daily bonus popup and I'm hoping that's maybe registering, but that's still as far as it gets. I'm running out of time to mine pieces for the radioactive dragon, and so far haven't gotten a reply on whether there's gonna be an extension for that one since this issue came up right in the middle of it.

Can you put the previous version of DS back in the app store alongside the new one until you get it working properly for everyone? I'm finding myself not even picking up my iPad a fraction as much as I did a week ago, and when I do, it's more for my nbrs' sake than because I want to actually play anymore, and that sucks, because life's been throwing handfuls of lemons at me lately, and escaping into my pixel worlds used to be not only fun but therapeutic, and now that's becoming a lemon too. :-/

TinksThots
04-18-15, 12:40 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Please put the older version back in the app store so we can at least keep playing while they sort this out. :D

considering there's a timed challenge on, and there's a ton of us unable to participate as a result, it's very frustrating, to say the least.

And Tinks Thots, sorry about your overabundance in lemons. Thinking good thoughts for you. :)
Thanks :-) I don't even care about whatever the current timed thing is, I just want to get all the mined pieces I need for the radioactive dragon, but it's not fair for everyone getting robbed of the current challenge either. And it's not just this game, but I feel the same apathy about all my games lately... It's the middle of the afternoon and CS is the only one I've been on, and I'm in no hurry to get BS/RS gifting done or tips cleared... it's just all blah since this happened. :-/

ladybugrentals
04-18-15, 02:52 PM
TL The last response that I see from you was 3 days ago. Can you please take a min to update us on estimated time of corrections as well as if it is possible to extend battle and mine for atomic dragon.
Thanks

Gingernut2013
04-18-15, 05:32 PM
TL The last response that I see from you was 3 days ago. Can you please take a min to update us on estimated time of corrections as well as if it is possible to extend battle and mine for atomic dragon.
Thanks

I agree. It's been 5 days now. thanks.

mayday2001
04-18-15, 10:22 PM
I agree. It's been 5 days now. thanks.

The crashing is getting worse. After every 1 or two visits to neighbors game closes. I'm not having fun and it's very frustrating. Please respond as to when problem will be resolved or as others have said, give access to the previous version. Thank u!
Level 150 been playing over a year, never had this much trouble

kaitelvara
04-19-15, 10:58 AM
The only update I got was an email saying my inquiry was closed...

nilni
04-20-15, 08:45 PM
Almost 2 weeks passed, no any update about it...

MaribouMay
04-21-15, 12:53 PM
The crashing is getting worse. After every 1 or two visits to neighbors game closes. I'm not having fun and it's very frustrating. Please respond as to when problem will be resolved or as others have said, give access to the previous version. Thank u!
Level 150 been playing over a year, never had this much trouble

Force close your game by double clicking the round home button and swiping up on any app you wish to force close. I do this periodically now and it really helps game play. It is a work around not a fix to the problem, but at least you can keep playing.

[S8] Regina
04-21-15, 03:12 PM
We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, but the fix requires a version update so this may take a few days for Apple approval. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, to resolve this, you can restart your game and it'll reload your board. Thank you for your patience!

nilni
04-21-15, 11:43 PM
Force close your game by double clicking the round home button and swiping up on any app you wish to force close. I do this periodically now and it really helps game play. It is a work around not a fix to the problem, but at least you can keep playing.

For my case, I have to re-start my phone to release the RAM even I close all apps.

mayday2001
04-22-15, 06:48 AM
Regina;1096885']We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, but the fix requires a version update so this may take a few days for Apple approval. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, to resolve this, you can restart your game and it'll reload your board. Thank you for your patience!
Thank u Regina! Happy to hear it is being worked on! We will hang tough in the meantime and wait for update

laraelyn
04-23-15, 09:43 AM
thank you for letting us know something is going to be done about this, the constant crashing and having to uninstall the game and reinstall it is taking the fun right out of it.

MaryEllen821
04-25-15, 08:12 PM
I estimate about 20% of my neighbors have quit playing because of the crashing & disappearing dragons & habitats. I wonder if TL has a way to contact them to let them know about the progress toward correcting these issues?

nilni
04-26-15, 06:48 PM
There was a new update for iOS yesterday, but looks not good for this issue

preinsko
04-27-15, 08:29 AM

Thank you for validating our issue. Knowing that you are working in it lessens the frustration!

kaitelvara
04-27-15, 11:56 PM
Yes, there was a new update posted. I wasn't able to get any further the two times I tried it. Ah well, no luck for us poor schmoes who can't afford to get a new ipod/ipad every year...

TinksThots
04-28-15, 09:55 PM
Yes, there was a new update posted. I wasn't able to get any further the two times I tried it. Ah well, no luck for us poor schmoes who can't afford to get a new ipod/ipad every year...

No difference at all? I just saw it, I haven't been checking every day anymore. I'll probably download it later anyway since this is my last night with the wifi box from the library and I can't afford to download on data, but if it's not any better... what have they been doing this whole time? Adding more RAM-chugging content to further exacerbate the problem? I wouldn't think so... then again, yeah I would, I've been around over two years, that would be par for the course. XD

It's sure gonna be fun one of these days to add up how many coins I get when all my habitats are at max capacity, along with 5 lost gold a day from my level 10 whatshisface dragon, I can't even remember what he's called now lol, and multiply all that by how many days I've seen nothing but the splash screen, a split second of the game, and then my home screen. Yes... fun. At least my house is cleaner. ^_^

nukesters2
04-28-15, 10:18 PM
Came on here to see if there was an issue....game has been working perfectly until this latest update on the 28th, now my game (on my ipad mini 2) that was working perfectly is doing exactly what everyone else here has been complaining about for the last 2 weeks!! game opens to splash screen then crash... uninstalled and reinstalled game several times. have the most current ios....ipad mini 2 is only 1 year old. PLEASE HELP!

TinksThots
04-29-15, 12:13 AM
came on here to see if there was an issue....game has been working perfectly until this latest update on the 28th, now my game (on my ipad mini 2) that was working perfectly is doing exactly what everyone else here has been complaining about for the last 2 weeks!! Game opens to splash screen then crash... Uninstalled and reinstalled game several times. Have the most current ios....ipad mini 2 is only 1 year old. Please help!
*blinks*

This is so backwards O_o

Update = Let's break it more... >_<

???

*flails*

Hottexas
04-30-15, 02:08 PM
Mine won't open.Last night it went to a black screen and I have to close it.Now it no longer opens.It says no internet connect but my other game plays just fine.Hottexas 4.4.2 Android phone.

lauraleighashby
05-01-15, 12:53 PM
Crashing keeps getting worse. First I was unable to post when visiting...gradually I had to decrease my visits til now I am unable to visit at all...I just crash when trying to getvto a neighbour. Now I just crash on my own island...while mining, battling,etc...so I lose credit for any thing I did prior to the crash. TL, between this mess and the recent BS fiasco you so poorly handled, am ready to just give up on you altogether.

nilni
05-06-15, 08:13 PM
Is there any update about this problem?

lauraleighashby
05-14-15, 10:36 AM
Today alone I have crashed twice while mining...lost two bombs and three pieces I had found....crashed before I could finish both times. Since mining for this current dragon I have lost about 12 bombs, probably 20 pieces. Since you earn one bomb for every 4 hours of evolving time, that adds up to 2 full days. Very aggravating.

echo005
05-14-15, 11:20 AM
Android here.been having a few minor problems all week but in the last two hours it's murder trying to even get into the dragons on both accounts and my daughter is in the same situation

TinksThots
05-16-15, 04:36 AM
Checking back again for any updates to the crashing thing, and again finding nothing, and also to see just how long it's been since I've been able to get more than 2 seconds into the game... didn't realize it had been a month and a half. :-/

What was the version we were using right before the broken update? I can't get in long enough to get version numbers on mine. Can that working one please be made available again until the crashing issue is truly fixed?

I can't wait to add up all my habitats at max capacity, multiply that by all the days I've missed, add in 5 gold per day for my level 10 gold dragon whose name I can't even remember, and see how much I've lost, just for morbid curiosity's sake, but I don't even care about that anymore. I just want back in the game. The radioactive dragon is long gone, no one's gonna do anything about that I'm sure, even though it's not my fault I lost out on mining time, but I don't care.

I'm not asking for any of that back, nor am I planning to. The old version, though, that's a possibility that doesn't ask you to hand out gold, or dragons, or anything else that requires determining what's fair to whom, only the ability to play for those who cannot afford to upgrade to the fanciest RAM capabilities every five minutes. Please. I miss my little scamps.

Sincerely,
Ashley 'Tink' B., a broke housewife in southeast Kansas with an iPad 1 and a wish
:-)

Yes, double posted from the update thread. I couldn't decide which it was more pertinent to, and finally decided on higher visibility.
Squeakiest wheel, and whatnot. I'll take whatever lashings you see fit. ^_^

ladybugrentals
05-17-15, 01:00 PM
What he said.:-(....all we ask for is update on progress

Checking back again for any updates to the crashing thing, and again finding nothing, and also to see just how long it's been since I've been able to get more than 2 seconds into the game... didn't realize it had been a month and a half. :-/

What was the version we were using right before the broken update? I can't get in long enough to get version numbers on mine. Can that working one please be made available again until the crashing issue is truly fixed?

I can't wait to add up all my habitats at max capacity, multiply that by all the days I've missed, add in 5 gold per day for my level 10 gold dragon whose name I can't even remember, and see how much I've lost, just for morbid curiosity's sake, but I don't even care about that anymore. I just want back in the game. The radioactive dragon is long gone, no one's gonna do anything about that I'm sure, even though it's not my fault I lost out on mining time, but I don't care.

I'm not asking for any of that back, nor am I planning to. The old version, though, that's a possibility that doesn't ask you to hand out gold, or dragons, or anything else that requires determining what's fair to whom, only the ability to play for those who cannot afford to upgrade to the fanciest RAM capabilities every five minutes. Please. I miss my little scamps.

Sincerely,
Ashley 'Tink' B., a broke housewife in southeast Kansas with an iPad 1 and a wish
:-)

Yes, double posted from the update thread. I couldn't decide which it was more pertinent to, and finally decided on higher visibility.
Squeakiest wheel, and whatnot. I'll take whatever lashings you see fit. ^_^

nilni
05-21-15, 06:44 PM
I almost lose my patience...

nilni
05-26-15, 06:02 PM
Come on. Please let us know the status of this problem. The issue make the game lose fun...

nilni
06-03-15, 05:08 PM

Hi Regina,
After your last reply. Time went more than 1 month. Does your team still work to solve this problem? Everyone stop talk about it. Does it mean everyone give up the game or they are still trusting your team are working on it.
At least give us a status about the problem solving status, thanks.

[S8] Regina
06-04-15, 04:54 PM
The team is still working on this matter, thank you all for your patience!

TinksThots
07-03-15, 06:25 AM
Just installed the June 30 update. Did a hard reset before running it just for because. It's doing the exact same thing: 2 seconds into the game, and bam, crash back to the home screen. I haven't been able to play this game since April 9th. Habitats sitting on max this whole time, including my level ten gold dragon, whatever his name was.

Come. On. :mad:

nilni
07-08-15, 05:11 PM
Just installed the June 30 update. Did a hard reset before running it just for because. It's doing the exact same thing: 2 seconds into the game, and bam, crash back to the home screen. I haven't been able to play this game since April 9th. Habitats sitting on max this whole time, including my level ten gold dragon, whatever his name was.

Come. On. :mad:

So sad, they updated couple times, but still cannot solve this problem.

Growlglen
07-26-15, 05:14 PM
No one in the world would believe how persistent I have been in my attempts to play on my ipod the past few months. The crashing has gotten progressively worse. I just dealt with it when it would take me sometimes half a dozen attempts to open and play the game. I just dealt with it when it crashed in the middle of play. Over the past couple of weeks it has gotten dramatically worse and worse with each passing day. I have deleted and reinstalled several times, cleared the cache, shut off, etc. All of the things that they say to try. Now, it has become completely unplayable. It will not even open and stay running to breed, send or collect gold, anything at all. Immediately when it opens it crashes, again and again and again and again even after hours of constantly trying to open. I am now done. I will no longer be playing. It has been a huge amount of fun, somewhat addicting in fact, but I am now finished.

TinksThots
07-26-15, 09:19 PM
I got in once, somehow. Sometime between my last post and this one, I don't remember exactly when. It actually loaded beyond just the daily bonus popup on top of blackness, so I rushed to zoom in all the way before it crashed, so it had to load as few animations as possible. I managed to collect all my coins and do a few other things before it crashed again by moving around suuuper slooooowly. I haven't been able to get it to do it again, though. :(

Hey, TL... You know, an "animations on/off" toggle option is child's play, coding-wise. If you really want happy players, that is. Players at all, in many cases, for that matter. Just saying. ;)

TinksThots
09-03-15, 09:18 PM
I've been downloading every update as they become available, and STILL cannot play this game. It crashes within milliseconds of getting past the splash screen. I've done every troubleshooting tip there is, so please don't tell me to email support, because I already know that's all I'll get from them.

Is an "animations on/off" toggle still not an option for people on older devices? That would be the simplest solution, and it would bring back, keep, and satisfy many players, because I know I'm not alone in this. Surely "upgrade your device or too bad so sad" isn't the final answer here? :-/