PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon IOS Update- 4-9-15

GDude118
04-08-15, 05:50 PM
It's description.

Come and celebrate Dragon story's 3rd birthday with this fantastic update!

-New Dragon tales event - learn the mysterious origins of the Dragon isles through an epic journey.
-birthday celebrations - collect new party dragons in a spectacular new world event and enjoy special birthday offers along the way! Be on the lookout for both new dragons and some of your favorite classic dragons!
- bug fixes and improvements.

Happy birthday teamlava and Dragon story!!!! Can't wait to see the new Dragon tales event!!!

Elsa;1097953']For the issue where the art of Dragons/habitats doesn't show after visiting, we're working on resolving this asap. This may take a few days because it requires a version update. Thanks for everyone's patience! Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^

LonePudding
04-08-15, 06:05 PM
✨✨✨HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!!!!✨✨✨

When I saw the thread title, my eyes nearly popped out my head!! Two updates in one day!!(other one being rs2)

The fire dragon is holding a cupcake, how cute!

mimiamelia
04-08-15, 06:11 PM
After the update, I can no longer see my entire front island in one screen....Does this happen to anybody else?

LonePudding
04-08-15, 06:26 PM
After the update, I can no longer see my entire island in one screen....Does this happen to anybody else?

Me too. I can't zoom out far, but I can zoom in super close, like, all up in their business.

LonePudding
04-08-15, 06:26 PM
Had a look around, nothing new YET...

mimiamelia
04-08-15, 06:31 PM
Me too. I can't zoom out far, but I can zoom in super close, like, all up in their business.

Same. I hate not being able to see my entire front island. it's so much work to always drag the island around, and so inconvenient. I hope they fix it soon. But other than that, I'm glad we have a new update! Can't wait to see what they have in store for us :)

GDude118
04-08-15, 06:34 PM
After the update, I can no longer see my entire island in one screen....Does this happen to anybody else?

I usually keep mine zoomed to the natural zoom when you enter the game, so I didn't and probably won't notice this. ;)

mimiamelia
04-08-15, 06:39 PM
I usually keep mine zoomed to the natural zoom when you enter the game, so I didn't and probably won't notice this. ;)

That's good:) Then you probably won't have a hard time with the whole zooming in/out problem. I guess I'm just not used to it.

LonePudding
04-08-15, 06:40 PM
Usually I can get around my whole island in about 10 drags (on a small iPhone screen)...lets think about tripling that number now.

Are we having a special birthday world event do you think? I mean, I know that's what it says, but I wasn't expecting another world event so soon. But I'm not complaining :D

newzealander
04-08-15, 06:42 PM
Ditto to all of the above. I can no longer "pinch" and zoom out. My island is quite big so it takes me ages to get around. Please please fix this soon, TL!!

GDude118
04-08-15, 06:49 PM
Usually I can get around my whole island in about 10 drags (on a small iPhone screen)...lets think about tripling that number now.

Are we having a special birthday world event do you think? I mean, I know that's what it says, but I wasn't expecting another world event so soon. But I'm not complaining :D

It was a long time(longer then usual anyways) between the Valentine's world event and the spring one that ended a week ago. So I personally don't mind another one perpetually since it will be birthday dragons!! Besides let's all let baklava have some fun on there birthday ;)

SmoovMoov
04-08-15, 07:35 PM
Thumbs down for the "overly zoomed in" update. Happy Birthday Dragon Story, but Storm8 you folks really need to fix this.

rusticjess
04-08-15, 07:37 PM
Poo, I don't see the update yet. I wanna be close enough to see what kind of make up they wearing, just like everyone else :(

cocauina
04-08-15, 07:59 PM
The update didn't change anything for me, the zoom is the same has before the update. What did change for me is the game being more faster then before and doesn't lag when I'm viewing my all island.

I'm quite curious about this events for DS.

LonePudding
04-08-15, 08:16 PM
The update didn't change anything for me, the zoom is the same has before the update. What did change for me is the game being more faster then before and doesn't lag when I'm viewing my all island.

I'm quite curious about this events for DS.

Yes I noticed the speed too. Mining was amazing, never experienced it without a freeze before.

AMuffins
04-08-15, 08:19 PM
I do not see the update in Google Play Store.

What device are you all on where you see the update? would be helpful seeing that there are 3 app stores.

I am on Android.

GDude118
04-08-15, 08:29 PM

What device are you all on where you see the update? would be helpful seeing that there are 3 app stores.

I am on Android.

I am iOS. So must be iOS only right now? Or maybe iOS needed an update but the data is already in android so y'all don't require an update?

Mythdefied
04-08-15, 08:34 PM
Is this an iOS thing? The only update in the store on Android is the Spring one.

LonePudding
04-08-15, 08:41 PM

I am on Android.

iOS here. Since you guys have/had a spring update, the new features were probably already incorporated into your games.

AMuffins
04-08-15, 08:44 PM
Just found it at the iTunes store...

Not at Google Play Store yet...

Cant wait to see the new update.

cocauina
04-08-15, 09:10 PM
Probably the Android Users will have this new updates on Dragon Story: Spring Version, and the IOS users in the regular version.

Since Android Users have an update for the spring version and normally they have more seasonal versions has IOS, some new features are in the seasonal versions for Androids and IOS get's the updates on the regular version.
If you don't remember this, it's okay, but before the Android users had all the IOS features (except 2, unfortunatelly), those features were implemented only in the Dragon Story: Winter Version, for testing, after the tests, TL addded to the regular version.

MaribouMay
04-08-15, 09:18 PM
Hmm, I like being able to zoom in more. I used my iphone and have often felt I can't see my dragon well enough.

I am not happy about not being able to zoom out. It feels waaaay too tight. I regret updating.

MaribouMay
04-08-15, 11:01 PM
So in addition to not being able to zoom out, I am having trouble planting crops. The dialog box is sluggish and the arrow to scroll to other crops works only half the time. Now I am coming back to harvest and finding that the the crops I planted have unplanted themselves. Yes, this happens occasionally, but when it happens repeatedly it is a problem.

I would not recommend updating until they sort this out it.

chewingthecud
04-08-15, 11:25 PM
Hi Guys. Every time I try to log into the new updated version my game crashes. I play on an iPad. Anyone else having this issue?:confused:

meoconlunar
04-09-15, 12:25 AM
Ipad mini retina

Mining: I try 4 accounts and see that, at the first mining, the first tap, I tap at one place, and boom at the other. After that everything's ok
The word: too far, far, too close, close are so small

Zoom out/in: I can't not zoom in, and it is too big, more bigger than before!

Etini_PYF
04-09-15, 02:36 AM
I would not recommend updating until they sort this out it.

I didn't have a choice updating or not. It just happened. I must have it set on automatic updates I guess.

And as everyone says, the zooming out is ridiculous now. :(

I've thought it hasn't been enough at all even before. On FS2 for instance U can zoom out to see your whole farm & more. Here it's never been possible to see all of your isles. A shame, cause it's so beautiful with the steep walls down into the ocean. U can't see & appreciate the beauty when U can't zoom out enough.

Edit: forgot to say that the pic is how much (little) I can zoom out now.

orange3467
04-09-15, 03:13 AM
Same here. Can't get island to "shrink". Very difficult to move around. I deleted and reinstalled the game and no luck. I hope this gets fixed because it is too difficult to collect and visit.

MaryEllen821
04-09-15, 03:43 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. TL, when can we expect a fix?

chippychan
04-09-15, 04:05 AM
iPad account: My game updated automatically but can't zoom out like I used to. Glad to hear it's not just me. This is a *very* annoying problem. Visiting neighbors with huge islands will pretty much not be an option at this point.

iPhone account: I see the update in the iTunes updates section but when I click on it I'm just taken to the game *as-is* and nothing happens. :confused:

mbyte68
04-09-15, 04:21 AM
wish i read the do not update bit in eres 1st hate not being able to zoom much :/

MaryEllen821
04-09-15, 04:45 AM
Visiting neighbors with huge islands will pretty much not be an option at this point

Agree. This is not acceptable, ruins the social aspect of the game.

amerirish
04-09-15, 05:27 AM
Very excited for the birthday celebration, but I hate not being able to zoom out :(

LonePudding
04-09-15, 05:46 AM
Why hasn't anyone from TL noticed/commented yet? And when is the party starting :D???

Oops, forgot about the different timezones!

adabee
04-09-15, 06:08 AM
I have an iPhone6 ​​plus 128gb and , after this update , the game crashes and the islands appear too large (it's like there was a zoom enabled).

mbyte68
04-09-15, 06:25 AM
does that mean Clown confirmed for the party then LOL :) mybe Fireworks also lol :)

debhutchinson
04-09-15, 06:35 AM
I'm on iPAD Air 2. I did not do an update from the App Store. When I pressed the DS icon, I got the message that it was the 3-year anniversary of Dragon Story. Then when I'm in my game everything on my island is gone. When I visit my neighbours all I see are bits of decor. There are no habitats to tap. Even my Mine & Battle Arena have disappeared.

I don't know if I should delete my game & reload but at this point I literally cannnot do a single action in my game. Not looking forward to the 7-day wait for help at Team Lava Support. If anyone gets any correction instructions, please post it for the rest of us.

Regards, Deb

MaryEllen821
04-09-15, 06:57 AM
I'm on iPAD Air 2. I did not do an update from the App Store. When I pressed the DS icon, I got the message that it was the 3-year anniversary of Dragon Story. Then when I'm in my game everything on my island is gone. When I visit my neighbours all I see are bits of decor. There are no habitats to tap. Even my Mine & Battle Arena have disappeared.

Things seem to have gone from bad to worse over the course of the last few hours. I now see all the "nothing" that you see, although earlier today I could at least struggle through, albeit very unhappy about the inability to zoom out. Maybe when they wake up in California, we'll see a fresh update.

freshfunin2008
04-09-15, 07:44 AM
Great! Mine auto updated on IOS and now every time I open it up I am reminded it has been around for 3 years and they still can't address bug issues and the horrible habitat limit and expansion limits. Come on.... its been 3 years lets fix some of this stuff.

judyandthecat
04-09-15, 08:01 AM
I play on an apple iPad and my game auto updates as do all of my apps.
I have the three year birthday picture going in but everything else seems the same.
Just came out of the mine it was the same.
Hoping I don't suddenly get this nothing everyone is seeing.

cocauina
04-09-15, 08:11 AM

I don't know if I should delete my game & reload but at this point I literally cannnot do a single action in my game. Not looking forward to the 7-day wait for help at Team Lava Support. If anyone gets any correction instructions, please post it for the rest of us.

Regards, Deb

Probably this update is required for everyone, and the ones that doesn't update have those things happening, don't know, it's strange.

But try to uninstall and install the app again, but before doing that, you need to make sure that your account has a password, so when you download the game again, in case your game starts a new island, you can have your island back, you can also have your island back if you have an Game Center account open on your phone, I already opened an account to Dragon Story from the Game Center account. Normally when you uninstall and install a game again, from TL, you don't need to transfer your account to your game again, if you do not do an factory reset or wtv do you call, your Storm8 ID will always be the same in your phone.

I play on an apple iPad and my game auto updates as do all of my apps.
I have the three year birthday picture going in but everything else seems the same.
Just came out of the mine it was the same.
Hoping I don't suddenly get this nothing everyone is seeing.

If you aren't having any problem, probably you will not have any problem, I had zero problems when I updated and it's the same.

I don't know why everyone in this thread has this problem of zooming, visiting islands and cannot plant crops..

I updated the game and don't have any single problem, my game is better now. Doesn't lag when I'm viewing my island, doesn't lag also when I visit high level players, I can view the community island much better now. I can see the main island all in my screen, the zoom it's exactly the same has before the update. I can mine without the game lagging a little bit a doesn't take a lot of time when entering the mine. Another thing I notice, is when I have my game open but I'm doing other things in my phone, and then open the game and doesn't laggs, I don't need to wait to view my island because the game is thinking. My game doesn't crash, besides, this game never crashed for me..

Do you all have IOS8? Because I don't..

LonePudding
04-09-15, 08:19 AM
@cocauina,

Yup, that might be the problem. I'm on iOS8. This is as far as I can zoom out. I hate it.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ex28tk.jpg

whymeonlyme
04-09-15, 08:28 AM
This update is a disaster... the dragons keep disappearing from my screen making the game unplayable - I have to keep restarting the game. And furthermore as others have said it now takes forever to navigate round islands as you cant zoom out. This has effectively rendered the game unplayable. If you select a dragon the habitat doesnt even fit on the page and often the dragon is out of sight. Have Storm8 stopped testing new releases? Could someone please tell me how to revert to the previous version!

cocauina
04-09-15, 08:38 AM
@cocauina,

Yup, that might be the problem. I'm on iOS8. This is as far as I can zoom out. I hate it.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ex28tk.jpg

Oh d*mn.. I guess it's form the IOS, my zoom out and zoom in it's the same.. and I'm still on IOS6

My zoom out it's this, the same has before.

This update is a disaster... the dragons keep disappearing from my screen making the game unplayable - I have to keep restarting the game. And furthermore as others have said it now takes forever to navigate round islands as you cant zoom out. This has effectively rendered the game unplayable. Could someone please tell me how to revert to the previous version!

I don't think that's possible..
I guess we need to wait so TL do something to fix those bugs..

Fraonl
04-09-15, 08:42 AM
Mine and everybody else's islands are to zoomed in for me too. I can only see a little bit of the game at a time. Makes it very difficult to play.

Now I can't see anybody's or my own dragons or habitats. Cannot play the game at all now.

adabee
04-09-15, 08:45 AM
Cocaina, this is your Island on my Iphone 19636

adabee
04-09-15, 08:52 AM
And this is my island: 19637

cocauina
04-09-15, 08:53 AM
Cocaina, this is your Island on my Iphone 19636

And this is my island: 19637

The way you see my island will be the same way how you see your island. I see the other islands like I see mine.

Do you have IOS8?

This is how I see your island, like mine.

The problem with the zoom and everything else it's because of the IOS you have, my IOS it's still IOS6..

Mine and everybody else's islands are to zoomed in for me too. I can only see a little bit of the game at a time. Makes it very difficult to play.

Don't know what the heck TL had done, that is so bad for most of the players..

maizee0404
04-09-15, 08:57 AM
My game is perfect :D

Passera
04-09-15, 09:02 AM
At least your game loads I've already deleted and reinstalled once and will probably have to do it again because it still won't load or it comes on and then poof! it's gone. UGH!

cocauina
04-09-15, 09:05 AM
My game is perfect :D

What IOS do you have maizee?

At least your game loads I've already deleted and reinstalled once and will probably have to do it again because it still won't load or it comes on and then poof! it's gone. UGH!

I wish everybody game didn't had any problem, seeing that poor zoom makes me sick..

maizee0404
04-09-15, 09:08 AM
My iphone is fully updated to ios8 :)

maizee0404
04-09-15, 09:09 AM
Theres a software update there but afraid to do it now incase it messes with my game

cocauina
04-09-15, 09:13 AM
My iphone is fully updated to ios8 :)

Theres a software update there but afraid to do it now incase it messes with my game

Hmm, weird, your game it's perfect like mine probably because you don't have the last software update.. really don't know..

saphiraetti
04-09-15, 09:41 AM
wish i read the do not update bit in eres 1st hate not being able to zoom much :/would you know about the event I do not see any difference. I am new to DS and I do not know were the event is??????:(

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 09:51 AM
This update is a disaster... the dragons keep disappearing from my screen making the game unplayable - I have to keep restarting the game. And furthermore as others have said it now takes forever to navigate round islands as you cant zoom out. This has effectively rendered the game unplayable. If you select a dragon the habitat doesnt even fit on the page and often the dragon is out of sight. Have Storm8 stopped testing new releases? Could someone please tell me how to revert to the previous version!

Have you tried force closing? That is when key double click on the round home key (assuming you are iOS) and you can see all your open apps. Swipe up on each app you want to force close. The same thing happens in Fantasy Forest Story and this is the work around that TL recommends. I find it repugnant that they suggest work arounds rather than fix a long standing problem, but there it is and it does seem to work in FFS.

cocauina
04-09-15, 09:55 AM
would you know about the event I do not see any difference. I am new to DS and I do not know were the event is??????:(

The World Event is a feature that TL releases from time to time. There are 2 fixed days that TL release this kind of features, these features are released on a Tuesday or Friday on a specific time, more exactly, between 10am and 10h30am from San Francisco if I'm not wrong.
The event didn't started yet, DS is not like RS2 xD

TL released this new update so we could had the new implements from the new events they wanted to add :)

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 10:02 AM
So my list of problems with this update is growing:

* excessive zoom is annoying, makes game harder to play, makes visiting more difficult which will probably negatively impact the social aspect of the game
* planting food is now messed up, it is sluggish and refuses to scroll to access higher level crops, have to swipe instead meaning far more "keystrokes" to plant crops, a process that was already annoying and now doubly annoying
* game resets more frequently causing work (such as planting and collecting coins) to get undone
* game crashes more frequently

I don't have the disappearing dragons and habitats, but maybe that is because I periodically force close the app?

maizee0404
04-09-15, 10:21 AM
The World Event is a feature that TL releases from time to time. There are 2 fixed days that TL release this kind of features, these features are released on a Tuesday or Friday on a specific time, more exactly, between 10am and 10h30am from San Francisco if I'm not wrong.
The event didn't started yet, DS is not like RS2 xD

TL released this new update so we could had the new implements from the new events they wanted to add :)
Im hopin they release it tonight like they with the rs2 update :P we got the app download that day then the goals started that night...im so excited i cant wait :D

farmday0123
04-09-15, 10:41 AM
Yea keep zooming in when i log in , i dont like that, let it back to normal please

roguebee
04-09-15, 10:45 AM
I'm not having any issues on my iPhone 5s with the 8.2 operating system. Other than the splash screen, there is no apparent problems. DS looks and acts the same as yesterday prior to the upgrade. I wish I could say the same about the iPad. It was twitchy and over-zoomed this morning. Approaching unplayable. Not sure what OS is has, probably the same 8.2.

amerirish
04-09-15, 10:49 AM
Does anyone else have the scroll in the top right corner of your screen? It's a new event that tells the story of "Birth of the Isles". It has a personal timer, first chapter is to plant Buffbeets then harvest them (two steps, skip 1 gold each). Second chapter starts 13 hours & 15 mins after that is done (5 gold to speed up). I skipped the first two parts of chapter 1 because I had just put on 5 hour crops. I hope a Mod can give us actual info & screen shots! We have 7 days to complete. Grand prize is Creation Dragon (white/blue/yellow).

Chapter one prize is Moonlight Dragon (white/blue). Good luck everyone!!! So exciting :D

Badeky
04-09-15, 11:43 AM
I've started the quest and just skipped the harvest time and gave me 12 hours and 33 min of waiting

adabee
04-09-15, 11:57 AM
The way you see my island will be the same way how you see your island. I see the other islands like I see mine.

Do you have IOS8?

This is how I see your island, like mine.

The problem with the zoom and everything else it's because of the IOS you have, my IOS it's still IOS6..

Hi Cocauina,
I'm using an Iphone 6+ and I have IOS 8.2 installed.

kimandamelia
04-09-15, 12:26 PM
Is this a second update or feature this week that is only available to IOS?

AmaDrac
04-09-15, 12:31 PM
Ditto to all of the above. I can no longer "pinch" and zoom out. My island is quite big so it takes me ages to get around. Please please fix this soon, TL!!

Ditto here too. It's so difficult to collect coins & visit neighbors. Another problem is all my neighbors' & my dragons & habitats disappear. I've rebooted & they reappear for awhile then I need to reboot again. Too annoying to play.

adabee
04-09-15, 12:42 PM
Ditto here too. It's so difficult to collect coins & visit neighbors. Another problem is all my neighbors' & my dragons & habitats disappear. I've rebooted & they reappear for awhile then I need to reboot again. Too annoying to play.

I confirm: It has happened to me and to some of my neighbors :(

maizee0404
04-09-15, 12:50 PM
Oooo how exciting!! Good luck everyone :) im on chapter 4 unlocks in 1day and 11hrs

athena238
04-09-15, 12:58 PM

I am having the same problem. Please TL fix this issue.

dragonflyzee
04-09-15, 01:09 PM
I hope the operator this game can give solution with my problem,why I can't open my new update ? After update , I just can play it for a few minutes, than off n can't open it after that. I reinstall again, n got some problem.... , I didn't want lose my battle n my new dragon in 7 days...

AmaDrac
04-09-15, 01:17 PM
Everything has disappeared for the third time. I can't keep rebooting for just a couple of visits. Unfortunately, I started the 7 day challenge before I realized everything on my island was going to disappear. I'm afraid it will be very hard to finish in that time frame. Hopefully the 7 day starting time will be pushed back to when this issue is fixed.

3yumi
04-09-15, 01:18 PM
I thought it was just my new glasses causing the huge critters and habitats! Driving me crazy"

athena238
04-09-15, 01:24 PM
I thought it was just my new glasses causing the huge critters and habitats! Driving me crazy"

Lol, I thought I was the only one going crazy. TL has to do something about this. Makes it hard to visit when you have just one big screen with these critters.

awsumum
04-09-15, 01:53 PM
Poo, I don't see the update yet. I wanna be close enough to see what kind of make up they wearing, just like everyone else :(

Lol! Don't get disheartened, I personally can live without knowing what they had for breakfast. Seriously, it's like, RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!! Extreme closeup on a dragons pores is something I won't forget quickly :)

carolannann
04-09-15, 02:26 PM
Me too, exactly same. Hoping will be okay by tomorrow. Have re-booted iPad but just same. Please would you post if any change. Thanks

cocauina
04-09-15, 02:38 PM
Hi Cocauina,
I'm using an Iphone 6+ and I have IOS 8.2 installed.

I have another account, high level also, and it's the same has before the update, the zoom out it's not exactly has on my main account, but I can see almost the all island were we start the game, but the IOS is the 8.1..

Probably the problems depend from player to player, probably because of the device and the IOS the player has, since in both of my accounts, high levels, the game is perfect, the device is the same, but the IOS is the 6 for one device and 8.1 for the other..

laraelyn
04-09-15, 02:41 PM
Did the update and games crashes can't even get to the screen deleted game and reinstalled it no luck, did a hard start and still no luck hope they fix this soon loosing precious time here

Mythdefied
04-09-15, 02:43 PM
Updated this morning and not noticing any changes other than a longer loading time on displays and dragons. I don't have to see them to battle, so I'm not worried over it. Mining is working fine, too. Don't understand the purpose of the update, myself, since nothing new has been added, at least for Android players.

ETA: I should mention that what I updated to was the Spring version in the Google store.

mbyte68
04-09-15, 03:28 PM
hoping they can hotfix this version to allow for more zoom

ASapphireStar
04-09-15, 03:29 PM

This needs fixing ASAP it make the game slow esp if you play more than 1 game. Driving me crackers, everything takes so long to get round to do grrrrr

Anaboe
04-09-15, 03:34 PM
I don't have troubles with the game.

I am on iPad Mini (first Edition, 32 gb), iOS-version 7.1.2. I just rebooted my device this morning, because it crashed often (causing me to loose bombs, which are very precious to me).

laraelyn
04-09-15, 03:48 PM
This is the worst update ever wish I wouldn't have updated can't play the game at all

mbyte68
04-09-15, 03:54 PM
my iphone jailbroke could roll back to last version but would miss the new tasks GRRRR ;/

athena238
04-09-15, 04:24 PM
This needs fixing ASAP it make the game slow esp if you play more than 1 game. Driving me crackers, everything takes so long to get round to do grrrrr

Please please TL, fix this issue.

Olena
04-09-15, 05:29 PM
Please, let zoom option be ad it was! I can't see my island, I can't move things around anymore. And there is no reason anymore at all to make your island beautifull!!! Nobody will see it because they can't zoom out to see around.

LonePudding
04-09-15, 06:04 PM
Everything disappeared on my island!!!

Every time I press one of the main features (breeding den, nest, arena, trading portal) it brings me to my invisible dragon carriage decoration... My neighbour is also having the same problem, and I cannot see anything on their island.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dua33t.jpg

Can someone else who I'm neighbours with tell me how my island looks? (I'm Dragon Forest lvl 112) thank you!

roguebee
04-09-15, 06:37 PM

Can someone else who I'm neighbours with tell me how my island looks? (I'm Dragon Forest lvl 112) thank you!

Your island looks as pretty as ever from my visit.

LonePudding
04-09-15, 06:56 PM
Your island looks as pretty as ever from my visit.

Ohh thank you so much!!! The problem might just be on my end then:(

kareichan
04-09-15, 07:24 PM
Cant even open my game since the update :(

Passera
04-09-15, 08:32 PM
I have to delete and reinstall in order to play the game at all totally frustrating! Might not reinstall if this keeps up! Used to love playing this game. Wonder how many players have left or are seriously considering leaving due to this "update"?

PrincessCouture2014
04-09-15, 09:34 PM
Is this for IOS only or TL will introduce it to android players too

MaribouMay
04-09-15, 09:41 PM
Ohh thank you so much!!! The problem might just be on my end then:(

Hardly a consolation! Clearly a fix is required.

dragonflyzee
04-09-15, 11:26 PM

Every time I press one of the main features (breeding den, nest, arena, trading portal) it brings me to my invisible dragon carriage decoration... My neighbour is also having the same problem, and I cannot see anything on their island.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dua33t.jpg

Hi Friend, still can't see anything on your island? Different problem with me, I can't enjoy the game, always off n off, for this I have to reinstall it but can't enjoy it for long time maybe just 1 minute n than gone... Where is the comment from TL? Can't wait for this..

catpaladin
04-09-15, 11:41 PM
Moderator is responding under Bugs and Issues

katzup
04-10-15, 01:55 AM
Really HATE not being able to zoom out! I have several areas to tend to also. Sucks having to drag screen around so much. PLEASE FIX THIS!

pernmagic
04-10-15, 02:26 AM
Hi Friend, still can't see anything on your island? Different problem with me, I can't enjoy the game, always off n off, for this I have to reinstall it but can't enjoy it for long time maybe just 1 minute n than gone... Where is the comment from TL? Can't wait for this..

Hi LP, just read this and checked your neighbour island and it looks fully normal to me , when I updated mine I temporarily lost all contents but it corrected itself in about 1 minuets and everything is working ok for me ... Hope yours is sorted soon x

LonePudding
04-10-15, 05:46 AM

Hi LP, just read this and checked your neighbour island and it looks fully normal to me , when I updated mine I temporarily lost all contents but it corrected itself in about 1 minuets and everything is working ok for me ... Hope yours is sorted soon x

This is really starting to bug me. It seems everything is fine, until I start visiting neighbours. I wasn't a frequent visitor anyway lol but I'm afraid no more visits until this is fixed. I hope TL can work it out soon. What a birthday surprise!

Thanks so much guys for helping :)

LittleBearFan
04-10-15, 07:23 AM
I started late last night and had to wait about 6 hours for chapter 2 to unlock. When I finished it today, I got 17.5 hours to wait for chapter 3 to unlock. I realized it is making me wait until 1:00am my time - when the game day starts over. My guess is it will release one chapter per day unless you speed it up with gold.

MaribouMay
04-10-15, 07:24 AM
This is really starting to bug me. It seems everything is fine, until I start visiting neighbours. I wasn't a frequent visitor anyway lol but I'm afraid no more visits until this is fixed. I hope TL can work it out soon. What a birthday surprise!

Thanks so much guys for helping :)

I got a ghosted habitat, force closed and all is well.

I learned about force closing because of FFS. To force close, double click on the home button and swipe up on any app you want to close. Then you can reopen and play, things should be normal. I make a habit of force closing periodically now.

isitmygonow
04-10-15, 02:30 PM

It is driving me mad not being able to zoom out, please fix this soon.

luna2cute
04-10-15, 03:47 PM
Wow so much complaining.

athena238
04-10-15, 06:47 PM
Thank you ty TL. I can zoom in small again, no more big critters :)

SmoovMoov
04-10-15, 07:36 PM
The zoom problem appears to be fixed now. Thank you Storm8 team, that almost unbearable.

glenngenius
04-10-15, 08:12 PM
If TL doesn't fix this constant crashing, I don't think I will be able to finish this event. :(

cocauina
04-10-15, 09:06 PM
Well, this is weird..

If the zoom thing is fixed why I can zoom out all of this like in Arctic Isle in both of my accounts?

newzealander
04-10-15, 10:24 PM
Yay my zoom is back! **Does a happy dance**

farmday0123
04-11-15, 08:55 AM
Zoome back to normal for iphone 6 and ipad but all zoom out smaller on iphone 5, why??

cocauina
04-11-15, 10:18 AM
Zoome back to normal for iphone 6 and ipad but all zoom out smaller on iphone 5, why??

Don't know, my zoom is weird, I even post an screenshot in here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80531-New-Dragon-IOS-Update-4-9-15&p=1089924&viewfull=1#post1089924)

luna2cute
04-11-15, 11:55 AM
My zoom is fixed as well as the mining issue too.

Happy!! :D

roguebee
04-11-15, 01:08 PM
I was very happy this morning to discover my zoom option on the iPad was restored.

MrsSchrute
04-11-15, 01:19 PM
Count me thrilled that the zoom is fixed! :cool:

Gradma65
04-11-15, 01:59 PM
After about 4 or 5 visits, my dragons disappear, then my habitats. I have to keep rebooting to fix it. If this keeps up I'll have to stop visiting. From the notes on people's walls, it seems that the problem is widespread. Is anyone working on fixing this?

MaribouMay
04-11-15, 03:12 PM
I am also very happy to have the zoom issue resolved. However, my game is crashing more now. Almost every neighbor I visit causes a crash. Not very fun or friendly.

cocauina
04-11-15, 03:33 PM
After about 4 or 5 visits, my dragons disappear, then my habitats. I have to keep rebooting to fix it. If this keeps up I'll have to stop visiting. From the notes on people's walls, it seems that the problem is widespread. Is anyone working on fixing it's?

The dragons, habitats and buildings start to disappear also after a couple visits, 4 or 5 like you, I need also to force close and open again so I can see everything again.

This needs to be fixed and the zoom out also that I currently have...

Gradma65
04-13-15, 07:40 AM
It's gotten worse. Now my game shuts down after two visits. Please fix!

kirby52
04-13-15, 08:53 AM
Yes, hope the issues get fixed real soon..it is not fun having your game crash when you are mining and lose what you should have gained.
Also the disappearing habs and dragons is even more annoying..makes visiting that much longer
Come on TL, you have not given us much of a birthday present and a nice compensation for our trouble would be very nice.
Pull up your socks and throw us a bone...lol

mbyte68
04-13-15, 09:03 AM
they will throw you a bone but it probly cost you gold :)

peppy903
04-13-15, 10:49 AM
Just because you don't have bugs that doesn't mean we don't! I'm ready to quit, team lava needs to hire people with code writing abilities, not hacks.

jim23cash
04-13-15, 11:14 AM
Well, I spoke too soon. After a couple of visits, it went back to crashing after the splash screen again. It will pull up my messages, then boots me out. I have to close out everything, dump my cashe, and restart iPad mini before it lets me back in. It works great when I get in, compared to before. I haven't had any crashing while moving/doing anything problems... I can plant, feed, collect and breed in one visit, where previously, it would crash after one activity.

Clark_Wayne
04-13-15, 12:46 PM
Crash ! Crash ! Crash ! Crash ! Crash ! So annoying !
The Birthday event is great but i can't play correctly ! :mad:
Hope they are fixing it before next tourney ! I can't think what this would be like if i have to fight 10 times the same round because it is crashing !

mailava
04-14-15, 12:57 AM
Please fix bug / glitch or whatever asap :| im out of patient :(

laraelyn
04-14-15, 04:04 AM
I'm still having major problems crashes after 1 st visit have to delete game and the. Rd lot works great for 5 minutes and the crashes and then I have to delete game and start all over real pain hope all is fixed before Friday new update gets here

Gradma65
04-14-15, 04:17 PM
They must be pretty swamped with complaints- I didn't even get the automated response email when I emailed support about it. Meanwhile, I quit visiting - just don't have time to reboot after each visit.

laraelyn
04-15-15, 07:43 PM
Yeah I'm still having the crashing problem getting real tired of deleting game and reinstalling game every 5 minutes

Gradma65
04-19-15, 08:32 AM
Nothing done about it so far, still no response from TL or whatever they're calling themselves these days, nothing on the the forum to indicate they have any intention of doing anything about it.

Gradma65
04-20-15, 04:08 PM
I sent them a message but didn't even get the auto reply thing. And the moderators who used to reply to these things on the forum are silent, too. Maybe they've just stopped supporting Dragon Story altogether.

[S8] Elsa
04-23-15, 09:57 AM
For the issue where the art of Dragons/habitats doesn't show after visiting, we're working on resolving this asap. This may take a few days because it requires a version update. Thanks for everyone's patience! Sorry for the inconvenience. ^^

Update: This was fixed in the latest version available today. Please update to 2.0.1 to resolve the issue with neighbor visits.

TinksThots
05-16-15, 04:26 AM
Checking back again for any updates to the crashing thing, and again finding nothing, and also to see just how long it's been since I've been able to get more than 2 seconds into the game... didn't realize it had been a month and a half. :-/

What was the version we were using right before the broken update? I can't get in long enough to get version numbers on mine. Can that working one please be made available again until the crashing issue is truly fixed?

I can't wait to add up all my habitats at max capacity, multiply that by all the days I've missed, add in 5 gold per day for my level 10 gold dragon whose name I can't even remember, and see how much I've lost, just for morbid curiosity's sake, but I don't even care about that anymore. I just want back in the game. The radioactive dragon is long gone, no one's gonna do anything about that I'm sure, even though it's not my fault I lost out on mining time, but I don't care.

I'm not asking for any of that back, nor am I planning to. The old version, though, that's a possibility that doesn't ask you to hand out gold, or dragons, or anything else that requires determining what's fair to whom, only the ability to play for those who cannot afford to upgrade to the fanciest RAM capabilities every five minutes. Please. I miss my little scamps.

Sincerely,
Ashley 'Tink' B., a broke housewife in southeast Kansas with an iPad 1 and a wish
:-)