PDA

View Full Version : Wall displays on outdoor scenes.:-)

stereo38
04-08-15, 12:48 PM
This is just a silly observation. I sometimes see (and have done so myself) wall displays (paintings, food signs, etc.) which would normally be placed on walls (indoors), hanging in mid-air, on outdoor wallpaper. Even now, with the Spring wallpaper, which is beautiful, I placed the wallpaper, and then noticed that the door to my bakery was right in the middle of the 'outdoor' scenery:-) I looked so odd that I surrounded the door with actual walls (on either side). Just a silly observation.

jandtandn
04-08-15, 12:57 PM
I use the white siding wallpaper to kind of sort of avoid that. It makes it look more like the door is in a wall. Then again, it looks like it's in the middle of a wall which is in the middle of the outdoors! Oh well! lol

bobbyrae
04-08-15, 02:48 PM
I know. I always hate that. I use the brick wall or the Awning window to try to make it look like the bakery is inside when I make an outdoor space.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/2b8e9c767268bc86dec49d9af543d9bc.jpg

Or create an indoor space (and stick the door in there) which leads to the outdoor space. Sometimes i'll just try my best to hide it too. But that can be hard since a lot of the columns and decorations just are not tall enough and you can sometimes still see the door opening and closing above it.

deekathleen
04-11-15, 09:55 AM
I wish we could hang stuff on the dividers.

pixiegamer
04-11-15, 12:23 PM
I know. I always hate that. I use the brick wall or the Awning window to try to make it look like the bakery is inside when I make an outdoor space.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/2b8e9c767268bc86dec49d9af543d9bc.jpg

Or create an indoor space (and stick the door in there) which leads to the outdoor space. Sometimes i'll just try my best to hide it too. But that can be hard since a lot of the columns and decorations just are not tall enough and you can sometimes still see the door opening and closing above it.

Completely off-topic, but your bakery looks gorgeous in that screenshot :o If I hadn't redecorated recently, I'd definitely be using it as inspiration! :)

bobbyrae
04-11-15, 01:11 PM
Completely off-topic, but your bakery looks gorgeous in that screenshot :o If I hadn't redecorated recently, I'd definitely be using it as inspiration! :)

Thanks much. That's actually not my main bakery. It's one I use mainly for sending myself gifts on my main account. But I have so many coins over at that small one that I wish it really were my main bakery!!

deekathleen
04-14-15, 04:17 PM
They need to make flying birds to hang up lol