PDA

View Full Version : I can't keep my customers fed!

whoviankat
04-07-15, 04:26 PM
What's the secret to making enough food? I never have enough for my poor starving customers. :(

I am able to check in often, so I cook food with quick cook times so I have enough servings (might not be the best when it comes to profit, but I still try to make things that are $4 a plate) but I still run out of food SO FAST!

What are your best tips?

queentina3
04-07-15, 05:21 PM
Try to cook the same exact dish on all available appliance places. So, if you have 12 appliance spots, use all 12 for the stove, oven, grill, etc. and cook that same dish on all 12. It will increase the serving size you put in the counter.

Some people want to build up a supply of at least 50,000 dishes, to give them some wiggle room when making the smaller portion sized dishes (during goal time) so remove all chairs or turn the chairs so the customers can't sit down. If they can't sit, they can't eat, and your food will stay on the counter. You won't make money until you start to sell it again, but it will give you a day or two to get a nice stockpile going.

deekathleen
04-07-15, 07:30 PM
Don't block the door though because your food will still disappear.

bobbyrae
04-07-15, 07:50 PM
Look for the food that has the most servings. Be careful though. Some of them also have the least profit.

pieandcream
04-07-15, 08:33 PM
biscuits and gravy is quite good for quantity+quality. (i find)

deekathleen
04-07-15, 09:35 PM
Which oven do you make that on?

pieandcream
04-08-15, 07:30 AM
stove. (biscuit gravy recipe)

keeping customers fed: if you're low level, its ....very hard. as you gain in levels you unlock the ability to use more appliances at the same time. restaurant story has lower food quantities than BS, so I take a high quantity recipe or 3, and cook em, fill counters and move on to either gem earning or high profit recipes.

bacon and eggs is another good one.

high quantity recipes to keep counters filled:
all those 5min-30min recipes, otherwise the GRILL is pretty good with its 2h recipes, such as: NY Strip Steak, Black Pepper Chicken. The OVEN with: Smores, Kiwi Cake, Strawberry Crepe, Chicken Alfredo etc.

DLL137
04-08-15, 03:05 PM
Some people are adamant about not closing the door, and that's fine, however, I need to voice my opinion as it differs.
A couple of times I have blocked the doors and had food disappear the second I unblocked, close app and then went back in but more often then not, nothing happens. I prefer that method because I don't like seeing the sad and mad faces that happen from the other way. I don't need my games to be more emotional then myself..and my games affect my mood so I don't need them being a negative effect on me which tons of sad and mad faces do do to me.

queentina3
04-08-15, 03:07 PM
Some people are adamant about not closing the door, and that's fine, however, I need to voice my opinion as it differs.
A couple of times I have blocked the doors and had food disappear the second I unblocked, close app and then went back in but more often then not nothing happens. I prefer that method because I don't like seeing the sad and mad faces that happen from the other way. I don't need my games to be more emotional then myself..

LMAO!!! Have you played Diamond Quest yet? If you haven't, don't, as when you fail to get passed a level, the pet pals start to cry - it is big fat teary tears dripping down their little sad faces. It is absolutely heartbreaking and I have to immediately get out of the stage before they really affect my mood. It is horrible! LOL!!

DLL137
04-08-15, 03:17 PM
LMAO!!! Have you played Diamond Quest yet? If you haven't, don't, as when you fail to get passed a level, the pet pals start to cry - it is big fat teary tears dripping down their little sad faces. It is absolutely heartbreaking and I have to immediately get out of the stage before they really affect my mood. It is horrible! LOL!!

Oh don't get me started with the diamond quests/bubble bursts/jelly matching games that ALL have that! LOL I can laugh about it now but when I'm playing them it does make my eye twitch and just completely dread not completing a level and seeing those heartbreaking animations! They might as well Romeo and Juliet them, it hurts the same! I speed though those games to get the gems for RS and FTW lol

Anaboe
04-08-15, 05:04 PM
If you make a maze of your restaurant, costumers take longer to be seated, and to leave the door, since you can only have 25 (?) costumers at a time, if they take a long time, you have more time to bake :)

dingalingfarms
04-15-15, 12:29 AM
when you fail to get passed a level, the pet pals start to cry - it is big fat teary tears dripping down their little sad faces.

If I know I'm absolutely going to lose a level I actually use the "exit level" button and just throw the match because that way you don't have to see their sad little faces.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-16-15, 02:26 AM
What level are you? If you're above level 30 you should be able to keep food on your counters. If you are above level 32 or so and still having a great deal of trouble, it could be because you are attempting to cook too many different dishes at once. I agree with the other poster that recommended to try to have as many as possible of the same appliance so you can cook the same high-yielding dish on all of them to build up reserves.

You could also be having trouble if you are still doing the goals. Goal dishes often have tiny yields.

Check your appliances to find the fish and chips recipe. I believe that's unlocked fairly quickly and it yields a much higher amount than even the biscuits and gravy do. Biscuits and gravy is I think 1,300 servings & 3 hours to cook, and fish & chips is 800 servings and only take an hour. I think it's on the oven???
The only problem with the fish and chips is that it doesn't make as much money per serving, but I found it more important to keep my customers fed than to make money at first. As you level up and get more appliances you won't have to worry about keeping customers fed, as it's only a very short amount of time that it'll be a problem.

zZ_guera_Zz
04-16-15, 02:32 AM
And btw, I think it's 27 chairs and table sets that you need out to ensure enough seating to avoid broken hearts, but I used to put out 28 or 30 to even it out.

Also I've never had my food disappear from blocking my door, either. I'm not saying it's not a risk and never happens, but I've actually tried to make it disappear several times because I have a too much food problem. If anyone knows how to make it happen, phase let me know.

queentina3
04-16-15, 04:36 AM
And btw, I think it's 27 chairs and table sets that you need out to ensure enough seating to avoid broken hearts, but I used to put out 28 or 30 to even it out.

Also I've never had my food disappear from blocking my door, either. I'm not saying it's not a risk and never happens, but I've actually tried to make it disappear several times because I have a too much food problem. If anyone knows how to make it happen, phase let me know.

It probably does happen but because you have such a large stockpile of food, you don't notice that a lot of it went missing. Try blocking the door with an item and then click on each of your counters and record the amount of dishes on each. The next day, remove the block on the door and see how many you have left. You'll find that even though you blocked the door, food still sold but not all of it as you have too much. Those that lose everything don't have much to begin with.

I think it was determined a few years ago that about 30,000 dishes are sold a day in RS (if you keep your tables close to the door/podium), less if the bots have to walk more.

whoviankat
04-16-15, 08:08 PM
Well, now that I'm at level 36, I'm finding it a little easier to cook enough, but I'm nowhere near getting a surplus like I have in my bakery. I never block the door either, because the couple of times I did early on my food disappeared. It's a learning process...lol

Lenn_ann
04-16-15, 08:16 PM
With what exactly do you block your door?

I ask because before, I did it with the cash register and it sounded like pepole paid to serve themselves (greedies of them!) without entering the restaurant haha when I load the game I was stunned not having anyhing in my restaurant.

So now I block with anyting else but related to $ register or counters. Try to see if that help, it did for me :)