PDA

View Full Version : More bad press for Team Lava and its shady ilk

Unregistered
02-08-11, 08:32 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/07/AR2011020706073.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2011020706437

Enjoy your pricey clip art now, folks. Team Lava and its fellow predatory companies might soon get shut down.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 09:18 AM
Nah they won't. Didn't you read the snippet they snuck in the last line?

"Apple takes a 30 percent cut of in-app sales."

Holy ****.

So for the people *****ing at TL, now you know where your money is going. I actually feel slightly bad for TL after reading that. They probably have to price this way to pay employee salaries, buy equipment, office rental...AND give the Big Bad its cut.

Thanks for posting the link, interesting read. Just wish they had researched TL as well.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 09:24 AM
There is no mention anywhere in the article about shutting down free download aps. Plus, this article only makes teamlava look mild in comparison. Bakery Story and Restaurant Story are not what I would consider kid-targeted games. And, there isn't a single item on their game that costs $99!!! or even $19 for a single purchase. Yikes.

I thought the price of gems was expensive before I read this.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 09:30 AM
Nah they won't. Didn't you read the snippet they snuck in the last line?

"Apple takes a 30 percent cut of in-app sales."

No kidding. Maybe people should start calling apple the greedy, slimy *****s.

Except, I won't. Because they are entitled to charge what they want - even though it sucks that the cost gets passed down to me. But, even if its overpriced, its only a game and I can live without a Bakery filled with heart-shaped tables and pink tiles. I don't expect TeamLava to work for free - or even to work for cheap.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 10:47 AM
It's called business folks! Supply and demand- that's why they get the whopping 30%. If you got through high school you should know that. It's not a sophisticated principle of economics.
And I laughed when the poster predicted in store apps and/or games like these will be " shut down!" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Unregistered
02-08-11, 10:54 AM
I purchased gems yesterday morning. I went to purchase more again later-yeah, chasing that table with the hearts and balloons. I got a message that I had to contact iTunes to complete the purchase. It took forever to do that and get it released, but the local Apple Store said iTunes is now doing this on multiple in app purchases, or those over a certain amount, or maybe just randomly. They are well aware of the press!

Unregistered
02-10-11, 12:33 AM
Maybe those parents should pay more attention to what and how their kids are playing. I'm an adult but I keep in-app purchases turned off, just so I don't make an unintentional purchase. That article, with the usual media dramatics, says that it's difficult to turn off in-app purchases when in reality it takes about 3 taps. Well at least the kids just spent some money. They could have been doing far worse, being unsupervised on the Internet!

Unregistered
02-10-11, 12:37 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/07/AR2011020706073.html?hpid=topnews&sid=ST2011020706437

Enjoy your pricey clip art now, folks. Team Lava and its fellow predatory companies might soon get shut down.

Well, actually, no. Team Lava isn't even mentioned In that article!

Unregistered
02-10-11, 08:20 PM
They're not shutting off in-app purchases. There are far too many apps that aren't for children and aren't games that are bringing in revenue for Apple for them to take that feature away.

Unregistered
02-10-11, 08:37 PM
I really don't know how can these parents can so irresponsible til letting their kids spent so much on their device. And more unbelievable is they are blaming it on Apple/iTune or what ever company which supply the app.

What these parents should do is to learn more about their own device and app their use b4 letting the kids take control of it. How does iTune or Apple know who is using the device? But, parents, you know who is using it, and you also should know what can your kids do on this device.

BTW, I don't see TeamLava mentioned in the article .....

Donnahh
02-11-11, 06:01 PM
Oh, you posted it in every section of the forum?
Here, let me post my reply again then. Cause I thought you only put it in the Farm Story section.
(I should know better than to feed the trolls but meh)

Ok I read all of it. Essentially careless parents allow their kids on iPods and iPads UNSUPERVISED and wonder why they have bills racked up. My kids are not allowed to touch my iPod. We don't have a "family" iPad. There is no way in heck I would tell anyone my iTunes password. Hence, I've never been charged for anything I didn't download myself.

See, I have the solution. Be a responsible parent, or wear the expensive consequences. My children have DSI's and no problems yet with what they have downloaded. I just refuse to pay for Microsoft Points cards so they can download things they want but don't need. I have the restraint, because I am a parent. They don't. All that article did was point out how essential it is for parents to be vigilant and not leave their kids unattended on devices that have your credit card details attached to them.

Or maybe I just read the article differently to you? Or another article? Cause nowhere in it did I see blame apportioned to TeamLava, or their in-store Gems. It was Smurf Village, a 2nd grade child and her use of the 15 minute window "loophole" within the iTunes password cache. And she gave her parents a bill of $1200.

Again, I'm not letting my girls near my iPod. And they are grade 5 and 7. I just exercise common sense I guess?