PDA

View Full Version : When you decline a gift, does your neighbor know?

whoviankat
04-06-15, 09:09 PM
I see so many comments here about drama related to gifting! Is there a way for neighbors to know if you've declined their gift? I'd prefer usable parts, but when someone gives me brownies, I quietly decline them. Unless they're from my 7 year old... she doesn't quiet "get" the game and I'd have some mom guilt to deal with if I didn't accept her gift - lol! :)

algalesia
04-07-15, 09:08 AM
Wondering the same...I really hope they know that their so called gift is a waste of effort and irritating
.Android players will know the decline button is not as fast as the accept button.

why can't people read.I have Parts only written on my wall with my id.sometimes I feel they add u on purpose and send food gifts to irritate.A level 16 nbr of mine sent me croissants so I requested on her wall to send parts and how cappuccinos are more earning if she prefers to hv food gifts.....and next days the msgs are deleted and she sends me brownies. The devil me gifted her illuminated tubes .i want to do it a few more days and probably delete.

sorry I didn't answer ur question but I needed to let out.

jandtandn
04-07-15, 09:27 AM
No, your neighbor does not know if you decline a gift.

missquas
04-07-15, 10:35 AM
Why would you want to, though? If you decline brownies, as an example, it's not as if they are given a chance to give you something different that day... and they don't know you've declined so they'll not know the gift wasn't appreciated and "get the hint". Accepting the gift even if you don't want it doesn't hurt you at all. The thing just sits in your gifts pile and does nothing if you don't use it, right? So why would you decline?

Anaboe
04-07-15, 12:18 PM
You may want to decline it, because it gives another neighbor the opportunity to give you something you can use. After all, you can only accept 20 gifts a day. So, when I get 15 parts and 5 food-gifts, I decline the 5 food-gifts. Then my neighbours can sent me another 5 parts.

Besides, you can only have xxxxx of each gift. I know in Restaurant Story I can accept Stew, but it goes into void, since I already have the maximum in storage.

AuntyRose32
04-07-15, 01:26 PM
You decline it so it opens up that slot again for a gift that you would like/use....as Anaboe said.

If you decline a gift from someone, and that person goes back into their neighbour list to gift again later in the day (I always try gifting a few times a day if I don't get every one on the first go), they will see they have the ability to gift you again although they know they got a gift through to you earlier in the day...so by seeing that they should know you declined the gift. I have accidentally gifted my neighbours the wrong part the odd time and I bring it to their attention, they then decline my gift and I force close my game to make sure it's refreshed and go back in and I can now gift them the part they want.

I guess they wouldn't know you declined a gift unless they were positive they got a gift through to you earlier and now they can gift you again?

whoviankat
04-07-15, 03:11 PM
You may want to decline it, because it gives another neighbor the opportunity to give you something you can use. After all, you can only accept 20 gifts a day. So, when I get 15 parts and 5 food-gifts, I decline the 5 food-gifts. Then my neighbours can sent me another 5 parts.

Besides, you can only have xxxxx of each gift. I know in Restaurant Story I can accept Stew, but it goes into void, since I already have the maximum in storage.

This, exactly :) Thanks!

I didn't realize there is a maximum for gift storage though. How many of one particular item can you store?

jandtandn
04-07-15, 03:14 PM
This, exactly :) Thanks!

I didn't realize there is a maximum for gift storage though. How many of one particular item can you store?

It's something ridiculous, but I can't remember what the cap is. I think I read a thousand or maybe even more.

rosewaterlily
04-07-15, 03:32 PM
It's something ridiculous, but I can't remember what the cap is. I think I read a thousand or maybe even more.

It's around 32,000. So if you keep accepting multiples of 150 stew everyday on RS without serving, it's not that hard to hit the limit, which I have in the past. Probably won't hit the limit on parts though, no matter how many you accept.

Anaboe
04-08-15, 05:09 PM
It's 32,767. My hubby, who's into IT, has explained me why this is a logica's number, but I forgot :)

whoviankat
04-08-15, 06:26 PM
lol... I don't think I'll ever have that much of anything ;)

bobbyrae
04-08-15, 06:52 PM
why can't people read.I have Parts only written on my wall with my id.sometimes I feel they add u on purpose and send food gifts to irritate.A level 16 nbr of mine sent me croissants so I requested on her wall to send parts and how cappuccinos are more earning if she prefers to hv food gifts.....and next days the msgs are deleted and she sends me brownies. The devil me gifted her illuminated tubes .i want to do it a few more days and probably delete.

sorry I didn't answer ur question but I needed to let out.
She may not be a native English speaker or she may not understand how capuccino could be more valuable than brownies, or she may want you to send her brownies so she sends you brownies, or she may be a player who never reads walls, yours or hers, or she may be annoyed that you are telling her what gift she is to send you or she may like brownies in real life and thinks it is a swell gift to send out to neighbours or she may be sending the brownies out of spite because she doesn't like you and your bakery. Who knows or cares what her reason is. If she wants to send you brownies and you want parts or capuccino then your individual play styles are different and so you may not be compatible as neighbours. if you look at any of the gifting threads here you will see that some players don't take too kindly to other players making what they consider as demands for certain gifts. Just delete her and find another player who likes to guve snd receive parts as gifts.

Accepting the gift even if you don't want it doesn't hurt you at all. The thing just sits in your gifts pile and does nothing if you don't use it, right? So why would you decline?
It "hurts" you if you are trying to collect parts to build an appliance or complete a goal. You can only receive twenty gifts each day. When someone sends brownies instead of a part it is counted as a received gift until it is declined. Therefore neighbours trying to send that valuable part to you might get that message indicating you have maxed out on gifts for the day if that brownie gift hasn't been declined by you. There are even times when you decline the gift but never get back another gift since your neighbours may not have time to try to send a gift to you again that day due to real life, time differences etc.

It's 32,767. My hubby, who's into IT, has explained me why this is a logica's number, but I forgot :) yes that's correct. There are a couple of older threads that discussed it and one even gave the complicated explanation for it. Here is one of those threads.
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?69246-delete-options-for-gifts&highlight=Maximum+number+gifts+inventory

magikkat13
09-03-16, 09:46 AM
So I came in here because I also had the question about declining gifts but Might I ask why android users are irritating?

saritadawn
09-03-16, 02:06 PM
Why would you want to, though? If you decline brownies, as an example, it's not as if they are given a chance to give you something different that day... and they don't know you've declined so they'll not know the gift wasn't appreciated and "get the hint". Accepting the gift even if you don't want it doesn't hurt you at all. The thing just sits in your gifts pile and does nothing if you don't use it, right? So why would you decline?

Well you decline if you get food and really need a certain part, since you can only receive 20 per day declining the food make way for the part you really want, and need.

twospoons
09-04-16, 01:45 AM
So I came in here because I also had the question about declining gifts but Might I ask why android users are irritating?

Not sure you're going to get an answer from her, seeing as how she posted that comment over a year ago. But I think it was "their so called gift is a waste of effort and irritating. Android players will know" etc., not "their so called gift is a waste of effort, and irritating Android players will know" etc.

Bakerling
09-06-16, 05:24 PM
There are always doubts to this question for many players here.

grannysj
09-07-16, 03:53 AM
Is there a way to delete some of the items you have in gifts? I have some things that are years old from I first started playing BS and I would simply like clear out for newer gifts. Thanks for any help----

SpiritWind00
09-07-16, 04:01 AM
Is there a way to delete some of the items you have in gifts? I have some things that are years old from I first started playing BS and I would simply like clear out for newer gifts. Thanks for any help----
no, unfortunately you can't delete anything from storage.... you never know when or if we may get to use those items held in storage in the future.

grannysj
09-07-16, 04:16 AM
Also, I would like to have the rewards (for completing old goals) changed to a purchase item so those of us who didn't get to complete the goal could still enjoy the rewards! And, like everyone else, PLEASE, more creativity and increased frequency in goal(s). Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas--the big holidays are on the way and some fun & cute goals and decorations would be a great way to start the season!

SpiritWind00
09-07-16, 08:07 PM
Hi all, given the original post has been answered and this is an older thread, I'm closing it for now. I'll pass on the feedback for the post above as well. Thanks! :) SW