PDA

View Full Version : time too short for goal completion

ChefJeannie
04-06-15, 06:21 AM
I normally would not complain about running out of time for a goal, but the time management issue was clearly not mine this time. I got the mystery meat goal at the same time as I had to build the stove, and because I had to wait for parts, precious time ticked away when I could not cook. If there is a goal dependent on using a particular appliance, please calculate the time based on one stove, or at most 1.5, rather than assuming that both stoves are immediately available. Thanks. :(

Wipeout4321
04-13-15, 03:52 PM
Well, that is why they want you to have more neighbors. Like I have 300 so building an appliance is a breeze so they are trying to get you to skip this with gems, but don't! Visit other Restaurants and invite neighbors. I honestly hav to say that RS goals are too easy to me.

LionessLettie61
06-21-15, 09:46 AM
I agree, time limits are unfair, many nbrs like myself have to wait 1-3 days before our requests get filled, plz change.....

Wipeout4321
06-21-15, 11:21 PM
Hmm. I've suggested different levels of goals but IMO if you go around and look for IDs for ten minutes you can find at least ten new neighbors in that time frame.

bobbyrae
06-22-15, 06:32 AM
I normally would not complain about running out of time for a goal, but the time management issue was clearly not mine this time. I got the mystery meat goal at the same time as I had to build the stove, and because I had to wait for parts, precious time ticked away when I could not cook. If there is a goal dependent on using a particular appliance, please calculate the time based on one stove, or at most 1.5, rather than assuming that both stoves are immediately available. Thanks. :(

You don't need 300 neighbours. It is pointless to have that many for the purpose of completing goals. You only really need to have at least 25 really good neighbours who will answer your requests and send you the parts as gifts. You can only receive 20 gifts per day and can only have 20 of your requests for parts answered per day. If you send out more than twenty requests per day then you slow your ability to receive what you need since the system gets clogged trying to answer all your backlogged requests.

Fine tune your neighbourhood until you have at least twenty good gift giving neighbours. Then send out ONLY twenty requests to your neighbours per day for parts you need and ask your neighbours to send, as gifts, the parts you need. Usually neighbours who are trying to complete the goals will have no problem doing this, so long as you also do the same for them. If you do this then you will find the goals a lot easier to complete.

poisonedwaters
10-19-15, 10:40 AM
Another idea would to have your previous help request expire as soon as you send a new one out. I have noticed that I will get parts for an old request and my new request could potentially go unanswered due to filling up to 20 max items for the day.

deekathleen
10-19-15, 10:59 AM
Another idea would to have your previous help request expire as soon as you send a new one out. I have noticed that I will get parts for an old request and my new request could potentially go unanswered due to filling up to 20 max items for the day.

Only send requests to your twenty most reliable neighbors, any requests over twenty you send get sent the next day and they get back logged.

poisonedwaters
10-20-15, 03:24 PM
Well unfortunately the news feed is bugged and never shows me a full 20 people. If I am lucky my list gets to about 10. I have already reported this bug, no idea if it will ever be fixed.

And why should I narrow my request to just the 20 "most reliable" neighbors because the game "backlogs" requests? That is why I suggested that the old requests should expire when new requests are sent.

twospoons
10-20-15, 03:40 PM
that's not a bug. game is designed to show you 20 most recent neighbor contacts, 10 people who last visited you and 10 who last responded to your request. (unless you mean it only shows you 5 of each or something, in which case, yup, bugged.)

and your idea is a good one (i'd like it anyway), but it's not implemented and has no promise of being implemented, so why you should narrow your request as deekathleen suggested is that her plan works in game as it is, not as you'd like it to be.

poisonedwaters
10-21-15, 06:52 AM
Of course what deekathleen says works, as a workaround. And yes the news feed is bugged. For weeks I left my tables full so no tips notifications will show and send out help requests to very specific people, usually around 20 or so and even though I would be given the 20 parts, only 5 people showed up on the news feed. This is a bug. It is what I do for a living, so I wouldn't just say something was a bug if I had not at least analyzed it first.

But this is a suggestion and feedback section so that is why I am leaving suggestions and feedback.