PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Story problems with Android update

kifflekiffle
04-05-15, 06:27 AM
I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet. I just updated to the new lollipop 5.0.2. Now when I visit a friend the screen is black. I can not leave tips. I can do other things. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it's the same. Is anyone else running into this problem? Restaurant Story is the same. Other apps are fine. Just Storm 8. Thanks

Beecause
04-05-15, 07:28 AM
It's a holiday weekend - you might not hear anything from S8 or mods.

I have a tab3 - but not this lollipop version.

Try going into your settings, applications and clear the cache for your storm8 games.
After, when you reload your game & your neighbors it will take a couple minutes for
all items to "load" back up.
BUT this is needed from time to time.

The other thing to try is to turn your tab off for a minute then back on.
Or just "restart" it.

It's a lot like a pc where you need to "defrag" it or a new program or updates require
you to restart your pc.

kifflekiffle
04-05-15, 07:46 AM
It's a holiday weekend - you might not hear anything from S8 or mods.

I have a tab3 - but not this lollipop version.

Try going into your settings, applications and clear the cache for your storm8 games.
After, when you reload your game & your neighbors it will take a couple minutes for
all items to "load" back up.
BUT this is needed from time to time.

The other thing to try is to turn your tab off for a minute then back on.
Or just "restart" it.

It's a lot like a pc where you need to "defrag" it or a new program or updates require
you to restart your pc.

Thanks. Tried all that. Still nothing. I think it's the update. I will have to wait till they update the app I guess.

kiwi445
04-05-15, 08:59 AM
I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Version 5.0 and have had the lollipop updated. No issues for me other than a few glitches here and there like crashing. But it got fixed when i reported the problem to google. I believe it's the google issue not Team Lava issue. Whenever the game would crash i'd get a pop up that would ask if i would like to report the issue to google. I did that a few times and the problem got solved. No issues then. Also i did a factory reset so i don't know if the reporting or the factory reset that had solved the problem..... If you try a factory reset make sure you have your files backed up. Or if you're not comfortable with that take your phone back where you bought it from and have them factory reset for you.

geordieprogman
04-05-15, 10:24 AM
Are you playing the most up to date version? There has been a new android version (my wife says it's called pastry shop) since lollipop was released. Hers is running fine now.

kooky panda
04-05-15, 02:59 PM
I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet. I just updated to the new lollipop 5.0.2. Now when I visit a friend the screen is black. I can not leave tips. I can do other things. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it's the same. Is anyone else running into this problem? Restaurant Story is the same. Other apps are fine. Just Storm 8. Thanks
There was an issue with the lollipop version,
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78267-Android-5-0-lollipop-update&p=1080998&viewfull=1#post1080998)
What version of the game are you playing?

LalaSmooth
04-06-15, 05:33 AM

I remember I couldn't get in my bakery for a few weeks since updating to the lollipop version but since they had a new version, everything works fine even though sometimes it does crash. Have you tried clearing the cache and force stopping the app or even turning on and off your phone?