PDA

View Full Version : Reindeer stable or harvest pergola?

foodpill
04-04-15, 12:21 PM
I am thinking about spending my precious gems on one of these. I cant decide which is more beneficial and i would love some advice.

Also, i am unclear on the drop rate for the stable. Description says 'chance'; so not every time?

I am almost lv. 39, and have a finished bountiful table. storywise i am crafting the evil queen statue and carriage for greselda and just finished the troll castle. Also waiting on the beastly bestiaries ;)

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

katbtodd
04-04-15, 12:42 PM
Depends on what you want,.. Raindeer drops sugar,ice cream ,fur and faerie jar

Pergola lots of food items to full meals

foodpill
04-04-15, 01:05 PM
Yep, i know what they drop, i just wanted opinions on what is more useful.:) From experience.

katbtodd
04-04-15, 01:40 PM
To me it depend on what drops you want or need ,,that help you in the game,, I would say both are very helpful , if you haven't got that many gems flip a coin and get the next one the next time you have the gems

88silver
04-04-15, 01:45 PM
I only have the pergola, but I like the variety I can get from it. It sometimes drops simple food items, like milk or fish. It sometimes drops crafted food items like wheat, sugar, or bread. It's even dropped a simple feast and a hearty feat for me before. It also tends to drop at least two items per collection.

tigarlilyvol
04-04-15, 01:46 PM
This depends on your style of play. If you are in expanding the reindeer helps in dropping wisps occasionally. I have expanded all I can and I have two pergolas, I rarely have to make the basic food items, so the pergolas are more helpful to me at this time. If you are trying for burning amber the ice cream drop from reindeer helps on desert sands adventure. Hope this helps you decide where you are in playing.

katbtodd
04-04-15, 01:53 PM
I never got a wisp from reindeer stable , but from the kingdom Inn I get wisps

tigarlilyvol
04-04-15, 03:28 PM
I never got a wisp from reindeer stable , but from the kingdom Inn I get wisps

Thanks I remembered wrong since I'm maxed on them.lol.

SpiritWind00
04-04-15, 06:17 PM
I have 2 pergolas... They are really useful and worth having if you can.

zoeee87
04-05-15, 03:14 AM
I have one of each. I prefer my reindeer stable since for me it's usually drops 2 sugar. And I use a lot of sugar.

My Pergola usually drops bread, water and noodles. And I love how pretty it looks!

So to sum up my reindeer stable is more useful for me.

8hat
04-05-15, 06:57 AM
I like them in the order I got them...Reindeer Stable 1st, then Harvest Pergola

I make a lot of sweet feast and the stuff for pie/lemonade trade so sugar and ice cream are nice (and the little reindeer with the blinking nose is so cute) then I got the Pergola (which is also visually appealing) and it drops all sorts of things so it's like, they are both nice items but if you are going to end up with both anyway the Stable is a little bit lesser (for drops but cuter for visual) so if you get it first you 'upgrade' to the Pergola later and it's not disappointing...if that makes sense :)

foodpill
04-05-15, 09:29 AM
I actually really like the look of the pergola, i think its a lovely design. Functionality wise, seems like the stable rates a bit higher; sugar is such a pain to make! Which is why i'm leaning towards the reindeer stable. Oh, decisions, decisions..

To be honest, i do have enough gems for both, but i think it makes sense to get just one of these for now and bank the rest towards the barracks. I am just starting to have a surplus of feasts. Then again, there's gem traps... :mad:

Thanks everybody for weighing in on this. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer. You've helped a lot!

CLOVERKAITO
04-05-15, 04:55 PM
I'd get the barracks first since adventures do drop gems.

foodpill
04-06-15, 08:37 AM
I'd get the barracks first since adventures do drop gems.

You think so? I'm a bit scared that i wont produce enough for adventures to justify the purchase of barracks. I just recently got to a point of not constantly having to scramble for feast ingredients... It would probably be okay, just a little less comfortable.

queentina3
04-06-15, 09:45 AM
You think so? I'm a bit scared that i wont produce enough for adventures to justify the purchase of barracks. I just recently got to a point of not constantly having to scramble for feast ingredients... It would probably be okay, just a little less comfortable.

I felt the same way as you, but then I noticed that I had a lot of meals saved up for the first adventure, but rarely do it as I'm usually going on the Dispel Love Magic (trying for another Horn), or the Feral Lands........I just purchased the Barracks for my main account and will have it built shortly, and figure I can use that to just send out the first adventure or even dark caves, and since it takes 2 days, by the time it is completed, I'd probably have another feast ready and waiting for it. I can then keep my Queen's for the adventures necessary for goals or even the shorter turn-around feasts, like the first one and just use the Barracks for the longer to make adventures.

readysetgo888
05-12-15, 03:19 PM
Ack! I'm here now, trying to decide between these two and I don't know!!! Help!

Reindeer stable is just sugar and ice cream, no other food items? I know it also drops fur and faerie jars.... anything else? Does it ever drop, say, a sweet feast or other sweet items? Do the faerie jars ever become super useful and hard to find?

For the Pergola, I get the impression it's usually just basics like wheat, flour, grits, and bread, and rarely a full feast. Is this correct? Is there a chance for any feast or just the basic ones (simple and hearty?)

How many items per collection? (for both)

I'll totally torn, no idea which one to get. Any and all opinions welcome!

shambalaya
05-12-15, 04:10 PM
Reindeer stable: 2 sugar or 2 fur or 2 ice cream (sometimes only 1), never saw a fairie jar or anything else.
Harvest pergola: all the basic food items as well as basic cooked items (flour, sugar, noodles, hearty stew), rarely a simple or a hearty feast. Various amounts per collection, usually around 3.

Tough choice, I love them both! The harvest pergola is really beautiful and the reindeer is really cute :)

29vanilla
05-12-15, 08:44 PM
I felt the same way as you, but then I noticed that I had a lot of meals saved up for the first adventure, but rarely do it as I'm usually going on the Dispel Love Magic (trying for another Horn),...

Could someone clarify. Is it only possible to obtain an Alicorn wing or horn from the Dispel the Love Magic adventure or will they drop from any adventure?

Chaotarch
05-12-15, 11:06 PM
Harvest pergola: all the basic food items as well as basic cooked items (flour, sugar, noodles, hearty stew), rarely a simple or a hearty feast. Various amounts per collection, usually around 3.

thats the point:eek:
i have two and one of them allways drop noodles - look what yoou need to craft noodles or hearty stew...
and feasts are not so rarely, lol:cool:

SpiritWind00
05-13-15, 12:00 AM
Could someone clarify. Is it only possible to obtain an Alicorn wing or horn from the Dispel the Love Magic adventure or will they drop from any adventure?

Clarification here! This is a once off post as its off topic for this thread, but alicorn parts will drop from all adventures EXCEPT Feral lands and Plume Hive. (Disclaimer for newer players: alicorn parts only drop if you have the Love Shack). ;)

29vanilla
05-13-15, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the info. And sorry for being off topic, but appreciate your reply. Hopefully will help others who see it.

no worries! Yes I hope it helps others too... :) SW

meer_kat
05-13-15, 02:30 AM
I've read the thread with interest because I can't decide, too...
Now I think I'll buy the Pergola first and maybe I've saved enough gems later in the year so the Reindeer Stable can arrive towards Christmas.

AnniePMH
05-13-15, 04:16 AM
I've read the thread with interest because I can't decide, too...
Now I think I'll buy the Pergola first and maybe I've saved enough gems later in the year so the Reindeer Stable can arrive towards Christmas.

I think this is a good choice:) I have both buildings, and always collect from the Pergola, while the Reindeer has to spend a lot of days in storage...But the Reindeer Stable is fun to display at Christmas, and it has some nice drops, too!:p

SpiritWind00
05-13-15, 02:38 PM
I agree with Annie too. Pergola first.... I can't tell you the last time I actually made the food that you need for a feast. I only really craft the feasts themselves for an adventure bc of the drops from the pergola. I have 2 and they always get collected from. ;)

readysetgo888
05-13-15, 05:01 PM
Thanks all, I went with the Pergola! I'll probably do the Reindeer Stable next time I have enough gems.

Daph499
05-13-15, 05:52 PM
I was thinking of going for a second harvest pergola, but I can't find it in the market anymore. Does anyone know what it's under?

icastled
05-13-15, 06:12 PM
I was thinking of going for a second harvest pergola, but I can't find it in the market anymore. Does anyone know what it's under?

In the market, go to buildings then select the "special". Scroll until you see it. Once you buy it, it will disappear.

Daph499
05-13-15, 08:23 PM
Ok, thanks! I guess it won't let me buy a second. :(

SpiritWind00
05-13-15, 08:29 PM
Oh, that makes sense. 1 was a goal reward and you could purchase an additional one only.... :) I might check on that!

Daph499
05-13-15, 08:32 PM
Thank you Spirit! I thought it still showed in the market after I got the first one a couple of months ago, but of course when I decide I want another, it's gone! :)

29vanilla
05-13-15, 09:11 PM
I'm so bummed. I've been following this thread too. I find the reindeer stable of great value bc of the ice cream and sugar drops for feasts, lemonade and pies. I just got the pergola but was planning on having two of each. I hope it's possible at a later date to be able to purchase a second of each. Thanks for starting this thread.

SpiritWind00
05-13-15, 09:25 PM
I sent through a question to TL about this just to double check.... Personally I'd buy a couple more if I could! I'll let you know when I hear back. ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-14-15, 07:11 AM
SW ~ I think this was cleared up awhile back. You can only purchase 1 harvest pergola. Those who have 2 pergolas were around during the time it was a quest (Thanksgiving '13?), so they made one for the goal and bought one.
I came around after the pergola quest but bought one from the market for gems. It's now no longer available in the market for me to purchase.

I may be wrong, but I think the same applies to the reindeer stable (Dec '13?).
(Or maybe that one is just one total, regardless of how you got it cuz I don't think I've seen additional ones of those anywhere.)
Hope that helps. :)

Ps. Wish they'd offer the summer gazebo & other limited time buildings in the market for a single purchase, too.