PDA

View Full Version : Macaw Dragon 4-3-15

kooky panda
03-31-15, 06:25 PM
12 hours

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e43cc8c030c9d5419ec48bb942d6ffa4/tumblr_inline_nm3bxsufCX1qm7yoc_540.pngSprin

g is all about bursting with color and welcoming the warmth! A beautiful Macaw Dragon will soar proudly with a plethora of colors in Dragon Story (https://www.facebook.com/DragonStoryApp)!
Check out the rest of this week?s update below!

redstar177
03-31-15, 08:00 PM
I love it! Air would have been a good base to use also, but I like this one with the Diamond base too.

I'm guessing it will be Red/Rainbow or Red/Blue/Yellow

PrincessCouture2014
04-01-15, 01:16 AM
Must be rainbow and fire and I still don't have rainbow

LonePudding
04-01-15, 02:31 AM
So colourful!
If it has rainbow in it I'm doomed :/
My rainbow loves to split :(

813vv
04-01-15, 03:34 AM
So colourful!
If it has rainbow in it I'm doomed :/
My rainbow loves to split :(

Mine too, jst gave me Mist in a row :(( or Mindvolt which took 22h to breed :( or split st else which I dont need :|

barbaraann72
04-01-15, 09:23 AM
Ooooo... really beautiful!

PernReloaded
04-01-15, 12:02 PM
If I managed Chameleon, I think I can do Macaw <3 I'm actually hoping it's a rainbow hybrid.

But I imagine it might also be a triple hybrid, blue red and yellow.

LonePudding
04-01-15, 12:08 PM
I see red, blue, green and yellow on this macaw dragon, so I'm guessing it will be rainbow (the blue and yellow) with red and green. That's a whole lotta outcomes!! Calc says 38 outcomes, not as bad as I thought..

rubyhummer
04-01-15, 04:35 PM
Beautiful!

owa411
04-01-15, 05:56 PM
Looks nice. Really hoping it's not a rainbow... It's a pain in the butt to get one...

Natasha_07
04-01-15, 08:17 PM
Nice, hope it's not hard to get. Must be Tropic's brother or something! :)

Mythdefied
04-02-15, 11:20 AM
Oooh, it's gorgeous! I bet it'll be a hard one to get though. It'll certainly be worth trying!

amerirish
04-02-15, 01:01 PM
That really is a beautiful dragon, please don't let it be limited & super rare :rolleyes:

maizee0404
04-03-15, 10:35 AM
In the market now guys

maizee0404
04-03-15, 10:37 AM
12hours

Drachenia
04-03-15, 10:52 AM
Ouch ouch ouch that's a stupid time 12 hours it can Firestorm, Easter or Macaw be. I breed with Mirage / Mercury and have 12 hours :rolleyes:

maizee0404
04-03-15, 11:24 AM
Ouch ouch ouch that's a stupid time 12 hours it can Firestorm, Easter or Macaw be. I breed with Mirage / Mercury and have 12 hours :rolleyes:

I tried mirage and diamond..14 and mercury and eagle 16hrs

kirby52
04-03-15, 12:21 PM
First try..Fire and Rainbow..woohoo.good luck all��

awsumum
04-03-15, 12:37 PM
I never get anything first go, it usually takes a few hours of speed breeding (or days ) but I got macaw!

Combo used was comet/water

12 hours

Pic of egg

Good luck everyone :)

owa411
04-03-15, 02:35 PM
Won't be an easy one for me...
Congratz awsumum and kirby52 :)

awsumum
04-03-15, 02:43 PM
Won't be an easy one for me...
Congratz awsumum and kirby52 :)

Thankyou, owa411 :) good luck to you, sweetie

LonePudding
04-03-15, 03:03 PM
Waaaa... I have to wait for my virtue fail to finish....it's not even half way through yet *weeps in corner* when I do eventually get to try for it, I'll use crusader x rainbow and hope for a diamond prism lol (a girl can dream)

Congrats to kirby and awsumum! Life must feel so much easier when you get a dragon first try right?! Lol

owa411 you never know, you might just surprise yourself :D

chaselance
04-03-15, 08:47 PM
Finally got it with fire x rainbow after 10 firestorm, 6 mists, 2 butterfly, and 1 social fails now back to trying for neon

LonePudding
04-04-15, 05:15 AM
Crusader x rainbow = 14 hrs...
I wonder what that could be :rolleyes:...

Mythdefied
04-04-15, 10:25 AM
Going to try Fire x Rainbow after this last fail gets off the nest. I wouldn't mind an Easter fail on this one, but I'd rather have the Macaw. Crossing my fingers!

ETA: 14 hr fail :(

LonePudding
04-05-15, 06:50 AM
I'm pretty proud of the new combo I came up with....Are you ready for it?

Crusader x Rainbow Sentinel!
I think it's pretty good because I can get myself another diamond, or a dark angel, or a mercury..or a gold! Ohh and an anubis...or diamond prism! :D I can also get those cheeky goblin and dapper dragons who won't come to my island. Obviously I can also get macaw and Easter from it. And some other tricolours I needed such as mirage, Tricorn, super and horizon. I think this is the perfect combo! First try netted me 12hrs.

Could be a macaw, Easter, firestorm, dark phoenix, Mistmoth, iridescent, or a dapper. All the ones in red are the ones I haven't got yet. Fingers crossed!

mbyte68
04-05-15, 06:58 AM

I think it's pretty good because I can get myself another diamond, or a dark angel, or a mercury..or a gold! Ohh and an anubis...or diamond prism! :D I can also get those cheeky goblin and dapper dragons who won't come to my island. Obviously I can also get macaw and Easter from it. And some other tricolours I needed such as mirage, Tricorn, super and horizon. I think this is the perfect combo! First try netted me 12hrs.

LOL Lone was thinking about that 1 myself last night :)

LonePudding
04-05-15, 07:00 AM
LOL Lone was thinking about that 1 myself last night :)

Lol I think it's an amazing combo! Can't wait to see what it gets me!

LonePudding
04-05-15, 08:50 AM
First try netted me 12hrs.

Could be a macaw, Easter, firestorm, dark phoenix, Mistmoth, iridescent, or a dapper. All the ones in red are the ones I haven't got yet. Fingers crossed!

Sped it up, it was a firestorm. 2nd try 12 hours again...

PrincessCouture2014
04-05-15, 08:56 AM
What combo is good to get this one?

LonePudding
04-05-15, 09:07 AM
What combo is good to get this one?

For the least outcomes, mix a hybrid with a pure. Eg. Mist x fire, firestorm x water, athletic x air etc. If you're also trying for a rainbow or mythic, I suggest the athletic x air for a chance at all 3.

MaribouMay
04-05-15, 09:22 AM

Nice combo! I think I will try it next.

LonePudding
04-05-15, 09:34 AM
Nice combo! I think I will try it next.

Good luck! Hope it gets ya something good! :D

PrincessCouture2014
04-05-15, 10:10 AM
For the least outcomes, mix a hybrid with a pure. Eg. Mist x fire, firestorm x water, athletic x air etc. If you're also trying for a rainbow or mythic, I suggest the athletic x air for a chance at all 3.

Wow I love u LP gonna try this one now.

Dcdonn
04-05-15, 11:17 AM
I sure wish they would put that darn Rainbow Sentinel up for sale ... But I certainly can't complain. I've had an amazingly fortunate week with the wheel and my combos. One of my new dragons is a tropic so I tried that with mirage but also got the firestorm ... I think I'll try firestorm and air now since I still have a rainbow either. Although they aren't good in battle, they seem helpful with breeding?!

PrincessCouture2014
04-05-15, 11:28 AM
My first attempt and I got 11 he's with athletic n air. Really hope its Butterfly but I think it will be most probably another Athletic or Mirage

LonePudding
04-05-15, 11:29 AM
I sure wish they would put that darn Rainbow Sentinel up for sale ... But I certainly can't complain. I've had an amazingly fortunate week with the wheel and my combos. One of my new dragons is a tropic so I tried that with mirage but also got the firestorm ... I think I'll try firestorm and air now since I still have a rainbow either. Although they aren't good in battle, they seem helpful with breeding?!

My only fighters who breed are my diamonds and now rainbow sentinel. By the way, firestorm x air can't get you a macaw as the blue element is missing (unless you meant you were going to breed one of them with your tropic!) And congrats on your good week. I don't think I've ever had a good week! A day? Maybe. Never more :(

LonePudding
04-05-15, 11:33 AM
Wow I love u LP gonna try this one now.

My first attempt and I got 11 he's with athletic n air. Really hope its Butterfly but I think it will be most probably another Athletic or Mirage

Hehe glad I could help! You're probably one of the very few people who managed to NOT get a firestorm first try!(apart from those who got macaw first try). I hope its flappy (butterfly) and not sporty (athletic) or ... Floaty (mirage)!

Dcdonn
04-05-15, 12:12 PM
You are right LP .. I meant Athletic & Air but it's 14 hours so not a macaw:-(. Maybe a rainbow though ??? It's breeding now with my thunderstorm hatching.
I bet you've had a good week😊, you just don't recall right now. I still wish we could transfer dragons to each other ... I received a dragon on almost every spin and the ones I needed to. I have an extra marshmallow in storage up for adoption. I'm going to save her until TL creates a trading option 😜

LonePudding
04-05-15, 12:17 PM
Only new dragon this week for me was a plasma..which I didn't really need because I already have twilight and origami as my pink/purple fighters. No good prizes from the wheel for me :( Hopefully next week is a good one for everyone with the upcoming tourney! Looking forward to that! And as for the trading, we might be waiting a long time for that day...

Dcdonn
04-05-15, 12:22 PM
Okay 2 new questions :-)
1. Do any of you think breeding Tropic with ?? Might generate a Macaw? If so - which dragon would you try?
2. Yesterday I had a strange result from breeding ... I ended up with a Topaz? Which blew my mind becuz I thought that the 'Crafting Dragons' could only be crafted... So now I'm wondering if any of you have had any success with Jade or Tigers Eye, Onyz, (the black ones) thru breeding vs crafting ???
As an fyi -after I hatched the topaz (which I already had) - I breed him with secret (black yellow) & recd a 4 hour March mayhem. It's so hard to get the blacks ... Any tips truly appreciated (as always).

Dcdonn
04-05-15, 12:24 PM
I'm scared of you with the Tourney LP.... You're ready ;-)))

LonePudding
04-05-15, 12:34 PM
I'm scared of you with the Tourney LP.... You're ready ;-)))

Okay 2 new questions :-)
1. Do any of you think breeding Tropic with ?? Might generate a Macaw? If so - which dragon would you try?
2. Yesterday I had a strange result from breeding ... I ended up with a Topaz? Which blew my mind becuz I thought that the 'Crafting Dragons' could only be crafted... So now I'm wondering if any of you have had any success with Jade or Tigers Eye, Onyz, (the black ones) thru breeding vs crafting ???
As an fyi -after I hatched the topaz (which I already had) - I breed him with secret (black yellow) & recd a 4 hour March mayhem. It's so hard to get the blacks ... Any tips truly appreciated (as always).

Ohh yes I'm ready!! Anyways,

1) Tropic x any dragon with yellow can make a macaw. I personally to keep the fails lower, would go for tropic x air. But if you need some black hybrids go for tropic x secret, need diamond hybrids try tropic x gold etc. EDIT: also if you won the snap dragon from the last world event, breed tropic x snap to try for macaw and all of the other tropic dragons at the same time! Also quite a few pink hybrid fails in the mix too.

2) Yes you can now breed all gemstone dragons (except amethyst)! Birthstone, however, can be bred but not crafted! I still have no Jade, Tigers Eye, Onyx, or Quartz...simply because I'm not very good at breeding black and pink hybrids. So I have nothing to trade for onyxes or quartzes. I've crafted all my gem dragons EXCEPT emerald which I got completely by accident! Sorry I couldn't really answer number 2. Blacks are too elusive!

Dcdonn
04-05-15, 12:53 PM
But you did ... Answer both questions ;-))
You sure understand all of this very well!! Plus you are really helpful... Nice combo yourself... Smiles.... Thx bunches LP. I think I'll start with Tropic & Snap .... Cheers

Mythdefied
04-05-15, 12:59 PM
I'm using Fire x Rainbow; I think it has the least amount of outcomes at 20. (LMK if I'm wrong on that.) I'm hoping I end up with an Easter fail today, but I kind of doubt it.

popcorn_belle
04-05-15, 06:33 PM

Thanks for your suggestion LonePudding. I tried this new combo and I got 14 hrs. Still wondering of the outcome.

LonePudding
04-05-15, 07:02 PM
But you did ... Answer both questions ;-))
You sure understand all of this very well!! Plus you are really helpful... Nice combo yourself... Smiles.... Thx bunches LP. I think I'll start with Tropic & Snap .... Cheers

Can't wait to see what you get!

Thanks for your suggestion LonePudding. I tried this new combo and I got 14 hrs. Still wondering of the outcome.

Your welcome! 14 hrs could be an eagle, mist, patchwork, Tricorn or horizon.

LonePudding
04-05-15, 07:46 PM
Mist, firestorm, firestorm, 12 hours...

PrincessCouture2014
04-05-15, 09:01 PM
Air x Athletic
1st fail Butterfly(no objection I needed that)
2nd try 16hrs I hope its fire flower coz I have lunar ram

LonePudding
04-05-15, 09:45 PM
Air x Athletic
1st fail Butterfly(no objection I needed that)
2nd try 16hrs I hope its fire flower coz I have lunar ram

I've noticed that you're quite lucky when it comes to breeding and that spin-to-lose. Wanna swap for a bit?? Lol

PrincessCouture2014
04-06-15, 12:06 AM
I've noticed that you're quite lucky when it comes to breeding and that spin-to-lose. Wanna swap for a bit?? Lol

Lol its been such a long time that luck is coming back to me. I remember there was a time my island was going to drown in mist and coral

LonePudding
04-06-15, 05:54 AM
Mist, firestorm, firestorm, 12 hours...

Mist, firestorm, firestorm, firestorm, 14 hours...

ghostiemom
04-06-15, 08:00 AM
Using LP's combo (nice one by the way! :D). On my main account: Coral. On my secondary account: Diamond Prism Wha???? :eek:

LonePudding
04-06-15, 09:04 AM
Using LP's combo (nice one by the way! :D). On my main account: Coral. On my secondary account: Diamond Prism Wha???? :eek:

Yess!! I knew it would get somebody something great!! Too bad it's on your second account though:(

PrincessCouture2014
04-06-15, 01:04 PM
A fire flower fail with air x athletic n all thanks to LP. now the breeding time is 6 he's so a cosmos.. Helpful in trading

PrincessCouture2014
04-06-15, 01:06 PM
Super happy I always wanted fire flower n finally its coming my island

LonePudding
04-06-15, 02:33 PM

Such a good feeling when you finally get that dragon you've always wanted!

Mythdefied
04-06-15, 02:41 PM

I envy you! I always hope I'll get that one as a fail and I never do. Congrats!

PrincessCouture2014
04-06-15, 09:55 PM
Such a good feeling when you finally get that dragon you've always wanted!

IKR! Lol and when I say for almost all dragons that I always wanted it but its the truth. I want so many dragons and I am feeling like kicking myself that y I didn't became active since the time I joined forums coz I have missed so many good dragons like rose, cherry blossom, red rose etc

PrincessCouture2014
04-06-15, 09:57 PM
I envy you! I always hope I'll get that one as a fail and I never do. Congrats!

Aweee then try air x athletic coz it has not much outcomes so eventually u will get one

LonePudding
04-07-15, 06:18 AM
Mist, firestorm, firestorm, firestorm, 14 hours...

Mist, firestorm, firestorm, firestorm, mist, mist, 12 hours...

PrincessCouture2014
04-07-15, 07:14 AM
Athletic x air
3rd fail 14hrs really hoping for rainbow *fingers crossed*

PrincessCouture2014
04-07-15, 07:15 AM

I hope its either mascaw or easter

LonePudding
04-07-15, 07:47 AM

Thanks, I hope so too. My fingers are crossed for your 14 hrs! Silly me only went and managed to get macaw on my 2nd account :rolleyes: WHHYYYYY!
http://i59.tinypic.com/24pkowi.jpg

belbar22
04-07-15, 09:10 AM
Thanks, I hope so too. My fingers are crossed for your 14 hrs! Silly me only went and managed to get macaw on my 2nd account :rolleyes: WHHYYYYY!

Lol. That happens to me all the time. Haven't even started on this one yet. Still trying to get neon.

shellysstory
04-07-15, 11:38 AM
I got my diamond with acrobat and peacock . Why can't we delete are posts?

LonePudding
04-07-15, 12:35 PM
Lol. That happens to me all the time. Haven't even started on this one yet. Still trying to get neon.

Ugh it so annoying! Hopefully that option to trade dragons kicks in soon! Good luck with your neon! I got mine finally with black diamond x pansy.

PrincessCouture2014
04-07-15, 01:31 PM
Thanks, I hope so too. My fingers are crossed for your 14 hrs! Silly me only went and managed to get macaw on my 2nd account :rolleyes: WHHYYYY!

well at least u got it! Congratulations

gail66
04-07-15, 01:57 PM
Just got this. MACAW DRAGON With diamond and elements.

LonePudding
04-07-15, 03:03 PM
Just got this. MACAW DRAGON With diamond and elements.

Congratulations!

LonePudding
04-07-15, 03:07 PM
Whoever is using crusader x rainbow sentinel, just letting you know that we can also get the new emberglow with this combo!!! :D

LonePudding
04-07-15, 06:19 PM

Lol it was another firestorm. After that though I got a 4 hour March Mayhem...not bad I guess.

owa411
04-07-15, 06:21 PM
Whoever is using crusader x rainbow sentinel, just letting you know that we can also get the new emberglow with this combo!!! :D

I had Macaw with this combo: Rainbow Sentinel x Helios
Which also can result in getting the new Emberglow as well ;)

popcorn_belle
04-07-15, 07:21 PM

Thanks for the information, LonePudding. I'm now on my 3rd attempt using this combo.

1st try - 14 hrs (Mist Dragon)
2nd try - 13 hrs (Scorpion Dragon, I already have this dragon, will trade this for gemstones)
3rd try - 11 hrs (?)

PrincessCouture2014
04-07-15, 11:32 PM
Butterfly,fire flower,mist and now 12hrs time. Mythic or firestorm or mascaw. I hope for either mythic or mascaw

LonePudding
04-07-15, 11:51 PM

Mist, firestorm, firestorm, firestorm, mist, mist, firestorm, March mayhem, dark phoenix, 8 hours...

Either genie (common), lunar rainbow (rare) or godmother (super rare). And for once I don't actually need the super rare! Please be a lunar!!

PrincessCouture2014
04-08-15, 12:49 AM
Lol it was another firestorm. After that though I got a 4 hour March Maem...not bad I guess.

Congratulations its pretty good

PrincessCouture2014
04-08-15, 12:52 AM
Mist, firestorm, firestorm, firestorm, mist, mist, firestorm, March mayhem, dark phoenix, 8 hours...

Either genie (common), lunar rainbow (rare) or godmother (super rare). And for once I don't actually need the super rare! Please be a lunar!!

You know DS genie is very generous. It comes to everyone and anyone and almost every time in the 8hrs slot if it can though it is not the one we wish for lol...

PrincessCouture2014
04-08-15, 12:52 AM
But honestly I really really wish its Lunar for u

LonePudding
04-08-15, 07:19 AM
You know DS genie is very generous. It comes to everyone and anyone and almost every time in the 8hrs slot if it can though it is not the one we wish for lol...

Yup...genie it was :( tried again and got 16 hours.
Fireflower, lunar ram, charm or aether...I have them all.

PrincessCouture2014
04-08-15, 07:50 AM
Yup...genie it was :( tried again and got 16 hours.
Fireflower, lunar ram, charm or aether...I have them all.

Looks like I should wish reverse. I wish u don't get mascaw in the very next breeding after this.

PrincessCouture2014
04-08-15, 09:16 AM
I really didn't mean that. I really hope u get Mascaw

LonePudding
04-08-15, 09:46 AM
Looks like I should wish reverse. I wish u don't get mascaw in the very next breeding after this.

Haha I do it all the time. Reverse psychology never works for me...But I do it anyway :p

Mythdefied
04-08-15, 12:48 PM
I've had to give up on this one for now. I've had nothing but 12 and 14 hr fails and I'd like to try for the new dragon. Maybe some day I'll get this one.

LonePudding
04-08-15, 03:04 PM
I've had to give up on this one for now. I've had nothing but 12 and 14 hr fails and I'd like to try for the new dragon. Maybe some day I'll get this one.

Me too. I'm going for emberglow now.

AuntyRose32
04-09-15, 07:52 AM
Just put my Macaw on the nest now, happy to have finally got it. I did get a Seer Dragon and a Cosmos Dragon amongst my fails so it wasn't all bad as I didn't have them already.

Good luck to everyone still trying for this one.

B6x9js
04-09-15, 08:46 AM
Got it! Athletic and Air second try first time got a clockwork which I didn't have so all good!

chic4stylin
04-12-15, 10:40 PM
I can't get this one on either of my accts...have had NOTHING but fails since it came out...way too many to even begin to count :( Not only that, I can't get any fails other than the common ones over and over...each of which I already have! So no macaw and no new 'fails'!! Never did get rapunzel or manticore on my 2nd acct either...it's doing worse than my main acct. It's ridiculous to keep getting the same dragon fail over and over when there are multiple different possibilities of dragons available from whatever you're breeding. I mean come on...do something about fixing the algorithms already!!

inesat
04-18-15, 05:16 AM
Finally got this fine feathered fellow with Night/Mirage!

Started trying for it with Diamond/Mirage but that wasn't really working so I switched.
Also got two super rares as "fails" in the process: a Fireflower and a Godmother.

I liked how this pair worked out so much I'll keep using it, despite getting what I wanted from it, hoping for a tri-colour or any (and I mean ANY) dragon that won't have the black element split.

Mythdefied
04-25-15, 08:59 PM
Was trying for a Red Queen with Fire and Fairytale, and even though it's not on the list of possible outcomes, here it is.

mystctattoo
05-14-15, 05:54 PM
I don't know if anyone is still trying to get this dragon but I just got mine by accident not even knowing that it existed and was expecting another fail since the breeding calculator didn't give this as an option. Anyway I got mine with Fire lvl 10 x Holographic lvl 4

bossom360
08-17-19, 05:19 AM
It's so beautiful in epic form, but it's eyes kinda creep me out when up close. The baby is also soooo adorable! :D