PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update: April 1st 2015

jandtandn
03-30-15, 06:49 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/vziwll.jpg

I'm interested in seeing what tomorrow's preview is going to be. Are there any retired ovens that may be brought back like the Egg Stove?

vonnw
03-30-15, 07:01 PM
The egg stove is already available on iOS and android on appliances

jandtandn
03-30-15, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I bought a bunch of them already. I'm wondering if any more will be re-released? We've had a handful come back in the last couple of months.

orleansparish
03-30-15, 07:43 PM
Other than the egg stove there aren't any additional seasonal appliances to bring back. Or removed recipes. Decor perhaps, but not very much to be honest. Unless they're from an old box.

tdwhitt
03-30-15, 09:57 PM
I have been noticing fellow nbrs cooking bagel sandwiches in RS from the easy stove but it is not on mine so how do i go about getting those bagel recipes. Thx for any help u could give

LalaSmooth
03-30-15, 11:16 PM
I would like to see Easter goals and maybe another Easter stove.

LalaSmooth
03-30-15, 11:17 PM
I have been noticing fellow nbrs cooking bagel sandwiches in RS from the easy stove but it is not on mine so how do i go about getting those bagel recipes. Thx for any help u could give

You need to download the new version for android.

vonnw
03-31-15, 07:19 AM
Is there new goals this week or new receipe

keio_b
03-31-15, 08:03 AM
Is there new goals this week or new receipe

Hi, I believe goals for RS come out the Wednesday of the first FULL week of the new month.

vonnw
03-31-15, 08:05 AM
Ok thanks I know usually we can see a preview of what the ne update is

jandtandn
03-31-15, 08:14 AM
Hi, I believe goals for RS come out the Wednesday of the first FULL week of the new month.

Not always, I don't think.

bobbyrae
03-31-15, 08:17 AM
Pretty much that's the pattern.

jandtandn
03-31-15, 08:19 AM
Whatever it is, I just hope it's something Spring related. They've made such nice things in the last few months.

vonnw
03-31-15, 08:21 AM
I agree I hope it's spring related too.

joeybasenji
03-31-15, 12:00 PM
Easter goal or more related Easter stuff please

USMCwife11
03-31-15, 02:04 PM
Are they going to do a goal where you get gems to download the newest version Bagel Cafe? I've been waiting to download it.

jandtandn
03-31-15, 02:25 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/vziwll.jpg

Uh...did anyone buy the sopping wet bears from last year? You can take them out of storage now...

The Blanket Fort is cute. While I like the shape of the chairs, they kind of look like they have holes in them.

barbaraann72
03-31-15, 02:56 PM
OMG - French Bulldog!!!!
Raining Cats n Dogs - very cute!

jmterao
03-31-15, 03:12 PM
I am luke warm on this one. If the food only gives two coins I think I am going to pass on it.

orleansparish
03-31-15, 03:14 PM
I am luke warm on this one. If the food only gives two coins I think I am going to pass on it.

It'll suck because Im sure they will be $2 each. But free gems are free gems. And gems are much more important in the game than coins. At least to me. So yay! More gems. Problem is I haven't even mastered the last two ovens. I'm bored

aiyoosha
03-31-15, 04:29 PM
:( i doubt we even gonna get ltos :(

twospoons
03-31-15, 05:03 PM
i'll be buying the bare minimum to advance in goals and storing it immediately, sticking with my lovely sunny garden & easter designs. i have rain in real life. but i might want the blanket fort again at christmas, so i'll slowly work my way through.

the tufted chairs might have been good, except the colors aren't the best, especially not together. and i'm wondering what's on top of the decorative table near the umbrella stand?

kjbrogren
03-31-15, 05:29 PM
I like the window with the lighting storm in the background. Its very original. Also the blue appliances and the umbrella holder. The blanket fort is a neat idea. I hope the servings will be 4 coins. Fingers crossed

ElaineCarrel
03-31-15, 06:06 PM
I'm glad we're getting a new challenge. I'm not sure how much I'll like this 1 but I already love the baseball 1 in BS.

deekathleen
03-31-15, 06:26 PM
What does ltso stand for?

Natasha_07
03-31-15, 07:21 PM
What does ltso stand for?

Limited Time Offer

alexnfriends
03-31-15, 07:58 PM
I will not be redecorating my RS or BS...

AuntyRose32
03-31-15, 08:05 PM
I love rainy days so I'm okay with this, not sure about the blanket fort but it might be nice to pull out at Christmas time. Love the windows.

queentina3
03-31-15, 08:34 PM
Ok, I'll admit I'm not a fan of the wallpaper or the blanket fort. I have this issue with any pet type of things in RS, but that's just me. I've never purchased those little gem animals as I don't feel like I want to see or have a pet in my RS. Just like I wouldn't want to see a real pet in a restaurant, I don't want one in my fake one either. :p

The chairs are 'meh' but only because of the tannish-yellowish color of the cushions. They may work with another table, just not that one. I do like the table and the counters, so will probably get a bunch of those.

*sighs heavily now* Please TL, that new stove and new oven will hopefully have some ORIGINAL parts as well, right????? I've got hundreds upon hundreds of original parts that are COMPLETELY USELESS when you keep giving us new appliances with NEW PARTS! I know you want to slow us down, but honestly, it doesn't really SLOW ANY OF US DOWN! Most of my neighbors are able to build their machines in a matter of a day, two at most, so really, how is giving us new parts helping you? They're not using gems to get the parts either, so please, start giving us appliances that will use parts we have in abundance so we can use up some of our stock, at least sometime in this lifetime! :rolleyes:

I'll be shocked if the dishes are worth more than $2. Once they start something, they usually don't stop. They want us to slowly gain money so that people will be forced to purchase gems for expansions since getting the amount of coin needed takes too long with $2 only meals. Thankfully I fully expanded years ago. :)

AuntyRose32
03-31-15, 08:47 PM
*sighs heavily now* Please TL, that new stove and new oven will hopefully have some ORIGINAL parts as well, right????? I've got hundreds upon hundreds of original parts that are COMPLETELY USELESS when you keep giving us new appliances with NEW PARTS! I know you want to slow us down, but honestly, it doesn't really SLOW ANY OF US DOWN! Most of my neighbors are able to build their machines in a matter of a day, two at most, so really, how is giving us new parts helping you? They're not using gems to get the parts either, so please, start giving us appliances that will use parts we have in abundance so we can use up some of our stock, at least sometime in this lifetime! :rolleyes:

Lol....agreed. One can hope :D

deekathleen
03-31-15, 09:53 PM
Limited Time Offer

Thank you :)

LalaSmooth
03-31-15, 11:30 PM
What on earth????

jandtandn
04-01-15, 03:03 AM
i'll be buying the bare minimum to advance in goals and storing it immediately

Same here.

minidemon88
04-01-15, 04:43 AM
This rainy theme will goes well with my wet bear! Hooray! LOL :p

I just hope the new recipes won't be $2. I need to recoup my coins fast from all these retiring sales! And I still haven't stockpile all the Easter items yet. =.=" Being coins broke suck! :(

BuddyB111
04-01-15, 04:51 AM
I quite like this theme. These days I'm happy if I like some parts of an update and will just play for those bits. This is better than the baseball theme we are getting in BS.

NinjaMau
04-01-15, 06:41 AM
Yes I agree too. haha :D

kmbrown624
04-01-15, 08:16 AM
You have to download RS Bagel Cafe

bobbyrae
04-01-15, 08:58 AM

You sure about that? I suspect a lot of people are out there buying gems and some of those gems are being used to build stoves because players can't bother with the wait time to build. Especially when the parts are not available to send as gifts.
I still have not expanded fully in either rs or bs. I have enough gems to do it but I'll wait and do it with coins. I'm in nooooo rush. :)

VanaCatu
04-01-15, 10:13 AM
ok guys, i don't remember when it starts, guess in half an hour or smth...

so i'm reserving the separate thread for goals guide >>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80316-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2015-Apr-01-Rainy-Day

will make another nice tables for u after cooking of my real dinner, LOL :)

deekathleen
04-01-15, 11:00 AM
I don't like the wallpaper, looks too much like snow. Sick of snow.

lorettasapron
04-01-15, 11:18 AM
The first recipe on the Stormy Stove is called Beef Pho and it is FOUR COINS PER PLATE.

Happy days!

queentina3
04-01-15, 11:41 AM
You sure about that? I suspect a lot of people are out there buying gems and some of those gems are being used to build stoves because players can't bother with the wait time to build. Especially when the parts are not available to send as gifts.
I still have not expanded fully in either rs or bs. I have enough gems to do it but I'll wait and do it with coins. I'm in nooooo rush. :)

For the older appliances that they brought back, I guess I could see that though none of my neighbors used gems from what they'd told me. These new appliances do have parts that we can gift and request, they are just at the very back of the gifts. I wonder how many people aren't going to realize that and think they can't gift these new parts???

meme1098
04-01-15, 12:24 PM
The recipe requires 3 taps instead of 2 after buying....but at least it's a 4 coin recipe...lol. Why would anyone spend gems to complete goal appliances when you have like 30 days to complete the goal. That's just a little silly, I think.
I sure wish they'd move those darn winter parts to the back!!!

queentina3
04-01-15, 12:36 PM
The recipe requires 3 taps instead of 2 after buying....but at least it's a 4 coin recipe...lol. Why would anyone spend gems to complete goal appliances when you have like 30 days to complete the goal. That's just a little silly, I think.
I sure wish they'd move those darn winter parts to the back!!!

LMAO, I noticed as well, the 3 taps. I'll gladly tap 3 times as long as it stays at $4.

meme1098
04-01-15, 12:41 PM
For sure....at first I thought...huh??? What just happened? Then when the 2nd time I cooked I watched. First pasta, then meat, then salt...ok!?! Lol

queentina3
04-01-15, 01:43 PM
For sure....at first I thought...huh??? What just happened? Then when the 2nd time I cooked I watched. First pasta, then meat, then salt...ok!?! Lol

Did you notice it is less taps to remove it though? I guess they added a step to the beginning and removed a step from the end. LOL!!!

awesomejujubeans
04-01-15, 02:06 PM
I love the new windows, and also the blanket fort looks cute to me. Takes me back to my childhood...always loved rainy days! I set the umbrella stand next to the tea hat stand from last year. I think it looks good together.

maesus
04-01-15, 02:25 PM
Pretty cute theme. Definitely fits the mood of April showers. Maybe next month we'll have a floral theme? One can hope.

awesomejujubeans
04-01-15, 05:18 PM
Maybe wedding or birthday? That's what I think of for spring. A kitchen herb garden decoration would be awesome. ;)

meme1098
04-01-15, 06:43 PM
starting a new first recipe just now I noticed the taps are back to 2; just pasta & meat. I guess TL/S8's changed it back to normal this evening....lol.

spydre1
04-02-15, 06:04 AM
i'll be buying the bare minimum to advance in goals and storing it immediately, sticking with my lovely sunny garden & easter designs. i have rain in real life. but i might want the blanket fort again at christmas, so i'll slowly work my way through.

the tufted chairs might have been good, except the colors aren't the best, especially not together. and i'm wondering what's on top of the decorative table near the umbrella stand?

I do the EXACT same thing with most items. Some months, I like the monthly wallpapers, so I'll fill my back wall (where the appliances are) with it, and I may switch out some tables with the new theme, if I like them, but since I started this new account in February, every update (including this one) the wallpaper and tile has been switched back to what I had. But with the Irish update, I did get some of the Irish decorations.

I don't keep the counters, but if there are other decorations required, I may or may not keep those, depending on how they look, and how much space they take up. I'll have to think about the rainy day tables.

spicekida
04-02-15, 08:52 AM
ADD ME need neighbor for Restaurant . Thanks

Sb1957
04-03-15, 09:14 AM
ADD ME need neighbor for Restaurant . Thanks

Go to the section Social Casual Social Arcade - Add me.

minidemon88
04-03-15, 11:17 AM
Surprised updates!

Spring crate on sale for 18 gems.

Natasha_07
04-03-15, 01:01 PM
Surprised updates!

I have this in BS but not in RS. :confused:

PepperWoo
04-03-15, 01:11 PM
I have this in BS but not in RS. :confused:

You're right, I don't see the Spring Crate sale in RS Fast Food, only on iOS. Unless you need RS Bagel Cafe to see the sale...

LalaSmooth
04-03-15, 04:20 PM
I'm not even seeing Spring Crate in RS and I play on android..

LalaSmooth
04-03-15, 04:21 PM
Surprised updates!

There is no such box in RS, only in BS

queentina3
04-03-15, 04:29 PM
There is no such box in RS, only in BS

Yes there is, but it looks like it's only for iOS, as I have it available to me.

LalaSmooth
04-03-15, 04:32 PM
Yes there is, but it looks like it's only for iOS, as I have it available to me. ooh my bad. What do you get in there?

Sb1957
04-03-15, 04:54 PM
i made a mistake forget this

queentina3
04-03-15, 05:18 PM
ooh my bad. What do you get in there?

I'm not sure actually, as it is a regular 20 gem crate so if I click it, I buy whatever the prize is, and I hate chance boxes. LOL!!! I tried to look in the Master Box thread to see if any of the Easter crate pictures matched what the pop-up was that I got, and they don't. This must be a really OLD crate that they put on sale or something, as even ones back from 2011 are in that thread but this one wasn't. The one that is in that thread, isn't this crate, as we already have that in another box option.

Time limit on it is 7 hours left.

ETA: iOS has 3 things right now for Easter in a sale:

18 gem Spring Basket - 5 days left - you click it you bought a prize - I think this is the basket from the Master Goal Box Thread

20 gem Easter Chest - 7 hours left - you click it you bought a prize - I don't know where this came from????

75 gem Easter Bundle - 3 days left - This holds the Bunny Waiter, Egg Chair, Bunny Clock, Spring Chick, Egg Stove, Egg Painting, Egg Table, Pink Bunny Waiter, Basket of Eggs.

twospoons
04-03-15, 06:53 PM
the easter chest was the box put on sale when the rest of the easter content & bundle went up. this one:

Easter Chest
4th Prize: Easter Centerpiece, Chocolate Bunny, Easter Basket, Carrot Patch
3rd Prize: Easter Treats, Marshmallow Fountain
2nd Prize: Egg Painting, Bunny Pen
1st Prize: Marshmallow Maker

http://i.imgur.com/pxOM7Azl.jpg

and from master box list:

Spring Basket
4th: Fruit Basket, Potted Sunflower, Ice Bunny Sculpture
3rd: Salad Bar, Indoor Garden
2nd: Spring Windmill, Spring Cake Display
1st: Confection Garden

queentina3
04-03-15, 06:55 PM
So it was the Spring Basket that popped up today, sorry, got them confused. I have no idea where the stuff in the Spring Basket came from, do you? I tried to look for the items that matched the pop-up, but couldn't find them in the Master Box thread.

twospoons
04-03-15, 07:01 PM
i'm nosing around a bit, but it looks like much of the RS stuff is the same as the BS stuff--the confection garden, windmill, cake, and fruit basket from pics in this 2011 thread:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?10668-Spring-update

all look the same as in the bakery box. i assume the sunflower is a double as well. no ice bunny or indoor garden pics, but this is the salad bar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/itsramen/saladbar.jpg

orleansparish
04-03-15, 08:46 PM
I like the salad bar. But am so confused by both boxes sharing similar prizes. I think I'll pass. Now if something was out of the box Id have considered. I'll spend money on bakery perhaps to get the display for sale.

queentina3
04-03-15, 09:34 PM
twospoons, you're right. I noticed a picture in that RS thread you linked that has a flowered windmill, and I KNOW that was one of the pics that showed up in the pop-up.

minidemon88
04-04-15, 12:14 AM
Yup, some of the prizes are identical to the one in bs. Man, I really like the salad bar. One thing I don't get it, why they put a ice bunny in a spring box? Lol

minidemon88
04-04-15, 12:18 AM
Yes there is, but it looks like it's only for iOS, as I have it available to me.

Thanks queen for clearing that out for me! :) I forgot to state I'm on ios device. Too excited probably. Lol

minidemon88
04-04-15, 06:02 AM
Yippee! I got the salad bar on my second try!! :o Although I did get the potted sunflower on my first try. =.="

queentina3
04-04-15, 11:40 AM
ooh my bad. What do you get in there?

Ok, this is the new one that we got yesterday. I made sure to take a screen shot today when it popped up. Have you guys on Android received this as well, in RS???? I know it was mentioned it was similar to a box released in BS, which I think you guys said you got, but not this one in RS, right???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/01d6e5ec75dce3cea8509c369de7636f1e08566894_zpsl8cw vbli.jpg

This is the one we received last week, I guess. I got it confused with the one above. Did you guys on Android ever get this offer at all???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/013fed66a8faf374cc530d1f9ff8da5c4276b225aa_zpsgk5y 5lkc.jpg

queentina3
04-04-15, 11:40 AM
Yippee! I got the salad bar on my second try!! :o Although I did get the potted sunflower on my first try. =.="

Oh, that's great!!! I'm not even taking a chance as I almost always end up with the worst 4th place item there is. LOL!!!

Natasha_07
04-04-15, 11:50 AM

Isn't the box sunflower pot the sale as the regular sunflower in game ?

LalaSmooth
04-05-15, 12:33 AM
I like the windmill and the salad bar but shame it's only available on ios and not android users

abowling
04-05-15, 11:16 PM
I got basket bunny , it's really cute >•<

twospoons
04-06-15, 03:53 PM
I like the windmill and the salad bar but shame it's only available on ios and not android users

i didn't even notice! thank goodness i didn't like this box.

last minute tries with the easter crate got me the basket bunny (cute, if not worth the gems) & marshmallow fountain (not that fond of). oh well! still say that marshmallow chick factory should have been in bakery.

deekathleen
04-06-15, 08:04 PM
Where is there a salad bar?

pmm72
04-06-15, 09:52 PM
Hi,
From yesterday When I close my window in RS or Bakery S, and then come back and open my Story, my coins don't change, I don't earn mony when I close the window of my Bakery Story or Restaurant Story!
Would you please help me?

queentina3
04-07-15, 05:02 AM
Where is there a salad bar?

I think that is in the Spring Crate box.

BuddyB111
04-07-15, 10:13 AM
Just got caught in a gem trap when I was collecting tips. Hard earned gems down the drain for a bunny statue :mad:

minidemon88
04-08-15, 04:04 AM
Isn't the box sunflower pot the sale as the regular sunflower in game ?

Nah, it's slightly different. The one for direct purchase is called the "Sunflowers", whereby there's only one lonely sunflower in the box. :p