PDA

View Full Version : paint cans, old maps, and shovels

CountryPrincess1016
03-28-15, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know where to get paint cans, shovels, and old maps? I do every delivery that shows up, and I rarely get paint cans and old maps. They are the two things I need desperately. I'm not spending my gems anymore to upgrade my barn that is full of expansion permits, land deeds, nails, and hammers. I can't use them though because I need paint cans and old maps. And I'm running out of room to put items because I need shovels. I only have saws and pickaxes.

angela3737
03-28-15, 08:03 PM
Paint cans and tools / shovels - I get mostly from pets ..I get maybe 1 of those when I tend to 6 animals most of the time ...old maps - any map / permits/ deed ..I get from newspaper ..train ...rare deliveries now a days :)

angela3737
03-28-15, 08:04 PM
Oh ...forgot ..been getting paint cans and tools from fishing too ..

queentina3
03-29-15, 05:22 AM
I get paint cans mostly from my pets and the train, and on occasion from the fishing pond. I rarely see a map doing anything on my farm so I'm relegated to the newspaper and other farms for those. Most of the shovels I get is from fulfilling a full collection of moles. I got 10 shovels when I turned in a collection the other day. On the rare occasion when forging in the mine I'll get a shovel as a reward instead of coins, ore, ruby, or even a gem.

I hardly get anything from doing plane deliveries so unless it is for something easily restocked or replanted, I ignore my plane now. TL said they haven't messed with the drop rate but I beg to differ there. I could do 10 plane deliveries in a row and not get a single drop, and my barn wasn't even close to full. Obviously there's something wrong with the drop rate there. :rolleyes:

CountryPrincess1016
03-29-15, 08:20 AM
What pets? Like cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep? I have four of each and haven't gotten anything from them. I'm level 21, so I don't have the mine or train yet. And the collections only give me 1 pickaxe or saw.

queentina3
03-29-15, 10:04 AM
What pets? Like cows, chickens, pigs, and sheep? I have four of each and haven't gotten anything from them. I'm level 21, so I don't have the mine or train yet. And the collections only give me 1 pickaxe or saw.

No, the cats, dogs, bunnies, and etc....Those are the pets. :)

CountryPrincess1016
03-31-15, 09:48 AM
They cost too many gems for me to get. And since I played other apps a lot longer, I can't get the gems from reaching certain levels in other apps. But I did get a paint can from fishing and 2 from the newspaper, so I only needed to buy 1 with gems to upgrade my barn

igottapi4
03-31-15, 10:19 AM
I get paint cans mostly from my pets and the train, and on occasion from the fishing pond. I rarely see a map doing anything on my farm so I'm relegated to the newspaper and other farms for those. Most of the shovels I get is from fulfilling a full collection of moles. I got 10 shovels when I turned in a collection the other day. On the rare occasion when forging in the mine I'll get a shovel as a reward instead of coins, ore, ruby, or even a gem.

I hardly get anything from doing plane deliveries so unless it is for something easily restocked or replanted, I ignore my plane now. TL said they haven't messed with the drop rate but I beg to differ there. I could do 10 plane deliveries in a row and not get a single drop, and my barn wasn't even close to full. Obviously there's something wrong with the drop rate there. :rolleyes:

I get everything from the newspaper and my god do I hate when I get something from the fishing pond, I start cursing whatever I got, spicy baits are too precious lol BUT I have notice that the higher level you are the less things you will get from plane deliveries. I recently got a LG tablet and decided to start a farm for my sis (though I use it for me mostly) and my god I would get so many expansion papers from the plane it wasnt even funny while in my big level farm I hardly get anything.

Now I stopped doing deliveries and just left the lil farm as a newspaper source since its so easy to find things when not competing with a million other items.

queentina3
03-31-15, 10:55 AM
They cost too many gems for me to get. And since I played other apps a lot longer, I can't get the gems from reaching certain levels in other apps. But I did get a paint can from fishing and 2 from the newspaper, so I only needed to buy 1 with gems to upgrade my barn

I've saved up my gems from doing train orders and then by doing the goals during the events (Valentine's and now Easter) by getting some pets. The Valentine's event was the first time I ever had a pet, as I didn't want to use that many gems for them either. I've also used some of my earned gems (which you can also get via mining, butterflies, turning in collections...) via Piper's Tree House game. I got very lucky and ended up just using the 4 extra dart package (40 gems) to get one of the Chinchilla's (thank you Diamond Quest, those gems came in handy).

That is one thing I like about this game is that there are many ways to get free gems - the mine, the fishing pond (that is rare), clicking on the butterflies/moles/otter, turning in a collection (even the otter gave me gems for a collection once), fulfilling a train order....I just let them accumulate and am very careful to not fall into a gem trap along the way.

PookieBear50
03-31-15, 12:05 PM

There are a couple of pets available for coins only, though they are expensive. Unless something has changed, the Dark Corgi and the Piebald Pony (not the Show Pony) can be purchased with coins alone.

queentina3
04-01-15, 05:50 AM
Well I just got 2 maps from gifts, thanks neighbors!!! It is rare that I get anything but a few coin or a piece of wheat, so getting a map, or any expansion type of paper, is thrilling!!! :)

CountryPrincess1016
04-03-15, 12:11 PM
I've saved up my gems from doing train orders and then by doing the goals during the events (Valentine's and now Easter) by getting some pets. The Valentine's event was the first time I ever had a pet, as I didn't want to use that many gems for them either. I've also used some of my earned gems (which you can also get via mining, butterflies, turning in collections...) via Piper's Tree House game. I got very lucky and ended up just using the 4 extra dart package (40 gems) to get one of the Chinchilla's (thank you Diamond Quest, those gems came in handy).

That is one thing I like about this game is that there are many ways to get free gems - the mine, the fishing pond (that is rare), clicking on the butterflies/moles/otter, turning in a collection (even the otter gave me gems for a collection once), fulfilling a train order....I just let them accumulate and am very careful to not fall into a gem trap along the way.
What is pipers tree house game? I don't have that on mine from what I can see. I click on the treehouse and nothing happens.

CountryPrincess1016
04-03-15, 12:12 PM
There are a couple of pets available for coins only, though they are expensive. Unless something has changed, the Dark Corgi and the Piebald Pony (not the Show Pony) can be purchased with coins alone.
I will check that out. Every pet I saw costs gems.

queentina3
04-03-15, 01:28 PM
What is pipers tree house game? I don't have that on mine from what I can see. I click on the treehouse and nothing happens.

Oh, are you on an Android device? If so, I'm not sure the Piper Tree House games are available to you guys yet. :(

CountryPrincess1016
04-04-15, 10:49 AM
Oh, are you on an Android device? If so, I'm not sure the Piper Tree House games are available to you guys yet. :(
Yeah. I'm on a galaxy s5. Alright. That's fine. I'm hoping this game gets on Kindle or they fix it on Facebook soon. That will help me a ton I think. But until then I wait I guess. I'm almost level 22, so hopefully the next pet I unlock doesn't cost gems.

puppynox
04-09-15, 11:21 AM
I'm level 57 and fully expanded for land, but still have expansions to make on barn and silo. My experience is not currently like what I'm reading here (although sometimes in the past). I seem to have a decent drop rate on most items, though of course paint is always the most rare item. I do probably between 20-40 plane deliveries a day, plus both trains if I can manage it or if I don't have to turn a train away (which I pretty much only do if it's asking for iron, since I use it to make expansion parts in the forge).

I get some kind of drop on probably about every 2-4 plane deliveries, which I consider a great drop rate. It's most often a saw, mining tool, or paper, but sometimes other things like hammers, screws, and rarely a nail or paint. Since I'm fully expanded, I only keep a few papers on hand and sell the rest. I usually sell a few each day, so that's not bad.

By doing the train twice daily most of the time, I am able to purchase one paint daily with the gems from it, sometimes two if I already have leftover gems. I usually have at least one other paint drop sometime during the day, so I'm okay on paint, though of course I always want more. That's the hardest item to get.

Like I said before, I use iron in the forge to make screws, nails, and hammers, so I have a pretty steady supply of those. That's where having a good drop rate on mining tools (from plane deliveries) comes in most handy. I figure that I would otherwise have to use gems to get enough expansion parts to expand as quickly as I like to be doing, so mining tools and the forge are very valuable to me. I almost always have the forge in constant use.

Sometimes I wonder about what people expect from this game and what would satisfy them as far as drop rate and how fast they can expand. I look at it as the game is not designed to be whipped through quickly and easily. Sometimes it's frustrating to be waiting on a couple papers or paints to be able to move forward, but wouldn't it be boring if the game were too easy?

queentina3
04-09-15, 11:28 AM
puppynox, like you said your experience differs from what others have stated. I can do 10 to 15 deliveries in a row with the plane and not get a single drop of anything afterwards. Not only am I losing possible money by submitting my goods via the plane (as the market would get me more coin), but then it doesn't even drop me anything??? What's the point in doing the plane order except to get rid of excess goods that I know I can't sell in my market and most likely the next train wouldn't ask for anyways?

I don't expect to have my farm fully expanded anytime soon, but when the plots ask for 20 or 30+ of each paper and it takes months to get them, well then I have a problem. I don't think it should take years to fully expand your farm, and I'm lucky if I can expand a plot in a month. The rate I'm going it will take years. :rolleyes:

So, like you said, your experience differs as you seem to have a steady drop rate. Others just aren't as lucky as you.

puppynox
04-09-15, 12:04 PM
I have always wondered if the drop rate is at all related to the level one is at. At very low levels, it's pretty easy to expand. Up until about level 15-18, I was expanding almost daily. Then it got a lot harder to get papers. After opening the mine, I noticed I was getting more drops on picks and shovels. After the level where you can buy ash trees to cut down, I noticed I was getting more saws. And so on.

But those middle levels are ****er for getting papers, or at least they were for me. I was only able to expand maybe once a month most of the time back then. It was frustrating. Since about level 50 or so, my drop rate feels like it has improved.

oledoeeyes
04-09-15, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen a land deed since before the Easter event. So about eighteen days and over a hundred deliveries. All I am getting are saws and picks. Anyone else seeing less expansion parts?

queentina3
04-09-15, 01:15 PM
I have always wondered if the drop rate is at all related to the level one is at. At very low levels, it's pretty easy to expand. Up until about level 15-18, I was expanding almost daily. Then it got a lot harder to get papers. After opening the mine, I noticed I was getting more drops on picks and shovels. After the level where you can buy ash trees to cut down, I noticed I was getting more saws. And so on.

But those middle levels are ****er for getting papers, or at least they were for me. I was only able to expand maybe once a month most of the time back then. It was frustrating. Since about level 50 or so, my drop rate feels like it has improved.

That could possibly be the issue, the level. I'm 39 now, just leveled up this morning, and it really is brutal trying to get all the papers. I've yet to expand to the Truffle Forest, Water Garden, Balloon, Well, or the Alpaca due to not only the amount of papers they want, but then the coin as well, not to mention the parts to then fix them. UGH! They just want so much....too much, IMO. That is one of the reasons I stopped doing the deliveries via the plane with the exception of excess....I need the coins and am able to make about 80k in about 2-3 days just by selling in my market.

Right now I'm trying to get the papers for the Truffle Forest and will most likely use my 82k on getting the Candy Maker in the meantime, since by the time I get the papers, I'll probably make it all back and then some. I'll be lucky if I can expand there before the end of the month, and that is only if I'm very lucky when scrounging through the paper in the wee hours of the morning. LOL!!!

queentina3
04-09-15, 01:17 PM
I haven't seen a land deed since before the Easter event. So about eighteen days and over a hundred deliveries. All I am getting are saws and picks. Anyone else seeing less expansion parts?

None via deliveries. I did get a land deed from one of my pets yesterday and I think I got the yellow-expansion paper from my train, but otherwise, nothing. :(

puppynox
04-09-15, 03:04 PM
That could possibly be the issue, the level. I'm 39 now, just leveled up this morning, and it really is brutal trying to get all the papers. I've yet to expand to the Truffle Forest, Water Garden, Balloon, Well, or the Alpaca due to not only the amount of papers they want, but then the coin as well, not to mention the parts to then fix them. UGH! They just want so much....too much, IMO. That is one of the reasons I stopped doing the deliveries via the plane with the exception of excess....I need the coins and am able to make about 80k in about 2-3 days just by selling in my market.

Right now I'm trying to get the papers for the Truffle Forest and will most likely use my 82k on getting the Candy Maker in the meantime, since by the time I get the papers, I'll probably make it all back and then some. I'll be lucky if I can expand there before the end of the month, and that is only if I'm very lucky when scrounging through the paper in the wee hours of the morning. LOL!!!

Well, it does make sense that the drop rate would get better at high levels. Imagine if you make it to level 60 and still haven't managed to expand all the way. That would be infuriating.

oledoeeyes
04-09-15, 03:29 PM
Ten more deliveries today and received one pick ax and one saw. I have received one gem from six animals and only coins. Looks like at this rate I will never expand again. ��

CountryPrincess1016
04-09-15, 03:40 PM
I don't want to expand fast. I just wasn't to expand at a good rate. I have no room for anything because of my expanding supplies. I need old maps, so the other things take up my barn. And then unlocking more slots is a pain. I can only make 7 of the 8 feed I need because I don't have another slot open to make feed. This game is supposed to be relaxing. It is very frustrating. And I wish I could start over. I tried on Facebook, but the game is broken on there for some reason.

igottapi4
04-09-15, 04:40 PM
I don't want to expand fast. I just wasn't to expand at a good rate. I have no room for anything because of my expanding supplies. I need old maps, so the other things take up my barn. And then unlocking more slots is a pain. I can only make 7 of the 8 feed I need because I don't have another slot open to make feed. This game is supposed to be relaxing. It is very frustrating. And I wish I could start over. I tried on Facebook, but the game is broken on there for some reason.

Look for them in the newspaper. Once the timer start at 5m the items are very basic but if you wait until the end of 3m new items are put up and thats when you will find these type of items. Also in the last 30 second new items are sometime put as well.

In one day I can get over 20 of each of the expansion papers and a LOT of tools/upgrading things. Im only level 31 and I already expanded everywhere except for the balloon and well, which are useless IMO, and the Alpaca, which is too expensive and right now Im lazily looking for papers to open space for future plots and trees.

The hardest thing to find is always land deeds and paint but if you spend enough time you can find them.

puppynox
04-10-15, 12:49 AM

It can be hard to make (and store!) necessary feeds on lower levels, but it got easier for me as I added more feed machines. I have all five now. I made it so that I have 3 slots available on four of the machines, and the fifth machine still has just the original 2 slots. I have all 12 chickens, cows, and sheep, plus 4 alpacas and 8 pets, so it can still be challenging to make all the feeds.

When I'm going to be actively in the game, I use 4 machines to make cow feed in all 12 slots (giving me 24), then do the same with chicken feed if needed (giving me 24), which takes about 36 minutes total. Then I switch 2 machines to pig feed and 2 machines to sheep feed (giving me a whole set of 12 each). When those are done, I switch back to making a round each of cow and chicken feed, if needed. Anything extra that I make and don't need, I sell, resulting in fairly decent profit. I only keep enough pig and sheep feed on hand at all times for one feeding.

The fifth machine is always in use making first pet food to have enough on hand (I keep enough for 2 feedings on hand, so 16), then alpaca food (I only need 4 feed every 9 hours, so I sell any excess).

Do you have a certain way you plan for enough feed?

oledoeeyes
04-10-15, 09:54 AM
Eight deliveries in a row and didn't receive anything. Neighbor gifts have been coins for the last couple weeks also. I still think the drop rates are very poor. I tried watching the newspaper and still didn't see any land deeds. I wish they would loosen the reigns and let us expand so we can place more factories.

tini9876
04-12-15, 03:13 AM
Doeeyes I added you. I'm done expanding so I can help you out if you want.

igottapi4
04-12-15, 10:36 AM
It can be hard to make (and store!) necessary feeds on lower levels, but it got easier for me as I added more feed machines. I have all five now. I made it so that I have 3 slots available on four of the machines, and the fifth machine still has just the original 2 slots. I have all 12 chickens, cows, and sheep, plus 4 alpacas and 8 pets, so it can still be challenging to make all the feeds.

When I'm going to be actively in the game, I use 4 machines to make cow feed in all 12 slots (giving me 24), then do the same with chicken feed if needed (giving me 24), which takes about 36 minutes total. Then I switch 2 machines to pig feed and 2 machines to sheep feed (giving me a whole set of 12 each). When those are done, I switch back to making a round each of cow and chicken feed, if needed. Anything extra that I make and don't need, I sell, resulting in fairly decent profit. I only keep enough pig and sheep feed on hand at all times for one feeding.

The fifth machine is always in use making first pet food to have enough on hand (I keep enough for 2 feedings on hand, so 16), then alpaca food (I only need 4 feed every 9 hours, so I sell any excess).

I really dont know how people do it with so many animals and pets. I have 2 of each animal but only 1 chicken and no alpaca, 4 pets, and 4 hogs. But seriously I had to invest in the fourth feed cause it just wasnt enough. All I know is that in no way am I getting the third cow, making that feed constantly is so annoying. Right know Im good with what I have.

CottageRose
04-12-15, 02:14 PM
I really dont know how people do it with so many animals and pets. I have 2 of each animal but only 1 chicken and no alpaca, 4 pets, and 4 hogs. But seriously I had to invest in the fourth feed cause it just wasnt enough. All I know is that in no way am I getting the third cow, making that feed constantly is so annoying. Right know Im good with what I have.
Really, I have not ever needed the 3rd set of cows or chicken, and I am almost topped out on levels. The only time I even think about it is during special events when you get event-related collection items. Otherwise, my 8 cows and 8 chickens are plenty. If we could store the livestock critters and pens, I'd consider it, but most of the time I really don't want more bouncing birds and cows. ;)

CountryPrincess1016
04-14-15, 09:54 AM

I usually collect from the animals and then make feed for them for the next collecting so 4 every time. But I never have enough room to make 2 more sheep, so I usually forget and have to wait for it to be finished and I feel bad for the 2 sheep not fed. I also collect all at once to conserve on feed because my barn gets full so easily.

puppynox
04-15-15, 05:01 PM
For cows and chickens, I don't feel like I need to collect from them constantly. I only collect from them when I need milk or eggs to make stuff. For the other animals, I try to collect every time, then sell off any bacon, wool, or alpaca wool I won't need in the meantime.

I used to try to collect from cows and chickens every time when I was low-level, but that gets old quick and is impossible to keep up with. Do I lose potential profit by not constantly collecting from them? Yes, but I need to be able to enjoy the game, not feel like it's a job.

norsky69
07-25-15, 05:15 AM
It was my lucky day today but he keeps refilling his shop with paint cans so I don't need anymore I already bought like 70 from him lol 2212322124

vjd007
07-27-15, 06:11 AM
It was my lucky day today but he keeps refilling his shop with paint cans so I don't need anymore I already bought like 70 from him lol 2212322124

Congrats. So short of paint, the above feels like a jackpot. Can you PM me the neighbor name :p ?

JustKay
07-28-15, 03:14 AM

I'm pretty sure I've come across this person's farm before via the newspaper. Bought a heap of paint, plenty for several barn upgrades. Wish I could have made a neighbour link with him but I think he wasn't really accepting. I did thank him though before I moved on.

I've seen others where they'll put up deeds or screws in chunks of ten. Thank heavens for these generous players :)

JustKay
07-28-15, 03:16 AM

You can start again, if you have a spare device you can borrow. You do have to start all your S8 games again though. So that's the big drawback.

LeAnastus
08-28-15, 03:05 AM
I have never received anything from the moles only a few coins probably got 3 items from fishing in 2 years playing this game iOS isn't good
Forgot to mention I do get drops from the moles but they are for the collections which when I finally get the whole set I get 1 item to work with too slow

LeAnastus
08-28-15, 04:15 PM
I'm wondering poppynox if you have an android your playing the game on as my friend seems to be getting along like you with drops I on the other hand play with Apple IPad iOS and I'm not getting much at all after 23 planes I got nothing so queentina3 I know what your talking about I'm in the same position almost over this stupid game lol and I'm certainly not spending my real life cash on it at this rate

eb757
08-31-15, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I've come across this person's farm before via the newspaper. Bought a heap of paint, plenty for several barn upgrades. Wish I could have made a neighbour link with him but I think he wasn't really accepting. I did thank him though before I moved on.

I've seen others where they'll put up deeds or screws in chunks of ten. Thank heavens for these generous players :)

Can I have the name of that farm?

3cala
09-02-15, 07:09 PM
That is unreal. How does he come across so many paint cans? Is it a hack?

LeAnastus
09-07-15, 07:53 AM
That is unreal. How does he come across so many paint cans? Is it a hack?

Must be that was what I thought when I read that she got 70 paint cans I've only picked up a few on my game must be a hack gotta be