PDA

View Full Version : toy maker - good investment?

ruthiy
03-28-15, 07:20 AM
Hello farmers
I have just reached level 45, and so far I have invested in nearly every builiding offered, yet some I never use, such as the forge. What do you think about the toy maker?

Thanks

mamareader02
03-28-15, 07:20 AM
Haven't used it in months

ciarjen
03-28-15, 08:09 AM
I don't use it either.

nicxole
03-28-15, 01:27 PM
I bought it during a sale, but I rarely use it.

queentina3
03-28-15, 02:30 PM
Wow, well, I guess I'll check toy maker off my list of future purchases. LOL!!!

ruthiy
03-29-15, 02:39 PM
Thanx everybody����

orleansparish
03-29-15, 02:42 PM
I use my toy maker often. Making wooden horses if I have wood sitting around. And the dolls because I can make bundles off of them. I wish the house didn't require so much effort though. I need five of them for the train and won't get it done in time. Overall, if you're at that stage and have the money, I say why not. I have every building, whether it's used or not. Though I wish I could take a hammer to the forge. Stupid building.

PookieBear50
03-31-15, 12:07 PM
Hello farmers
I have just reached level 45, and so far I have invested in nearly every builiding offered, yet some I never use, such as the forge. What do you think about the toy maker?

Thanks

True about the forge...mine very rarely sees any use. On the other hand, it IS an extra building that other players can click on for a heart, so I can get a few coins from it now and again.

The toy maker is useful, in that most of its crafts--though they take a lot of time to produce--can sell for quite a lot. However, at the present time, since the current Easter event has consumed all my wool and iron ore, it's sitting idle, like the forge.

igottapi4
03-31-15, 09:45 PM
I honestly dont get the hate about the forge. Mine has been working non stop since I got it. All you need is one iron and one plank to make picks or shovels and you can get 2 or 3 ores from the mine with it. How in the world is that useless?

orleansparish
03-31-15, 11:35 PM
I honestly dont get the hate about the forge. Mine has been working non stop since I got it. All you need is one iron and one plank to make picks or shovels and you can get 2 or 3 ores from the mine with it. How in the world is that useless?

Because it's redundant. Mine for iron and ore to then use it to make more shovels...just to use it to mine for more iron and ore. It stinks because we need hammers and wood to expand our barn and silo. To make nails and screws we need to take from those stock to make them. Again being redundant and making us work twice as hard to get parts, that we are better off waiting to find in the stand or get from deliveries.

neurotika
04-18-15, 09:36 PM
I only use the toymaker to replenish my stock for the train. Toys require difficult stuff to obtain. The house I try to make a lot because very rare will you see it being sold in the market.
I have only used the forge once. I just bought it to have all the buildings.

puppynox
04-19-15, 12:39 PM
I frequently use my toy maker, forge, and jewelry maker (all machines that a lot of people say are useless), so I'm probably a bad one to ask. We probably have different playing styles. I look at the toy maker and jewelry maker as extra profit machines. Since they would otherwise be left idle, I make whatever will make me any profit, however little.

I usually make dolls in the toy maker, but only if I find buttons to buy. I don't make buttons in my craft machine, because they don't give me as much profit as other things I can make in that machine. But if I find buttons in the store to buy, I still make some profit after materials cost on dolls. I also sometimes make rocking horses, if I have a ton of wood to use up and plenty of wool.

I use the jewelry maker the same way. I make wooden necklaces. There's less than 30 coin profit after materials, but since it would otherwise sit idle, I consider that extra profit for no extra work. If I have plenty of silver and wood, I might as well maximize my profits, right?

The forge is different for me. I'm genuinely baffled at the hatred for this machine, which I love and try to keep running constantly. I pick up plenty of mining tools from deliveries (and sometimes in the store), so I turn the iron found from mining into expansion parts. I have expanded my barn or silo every week or two for quite a while now, so it's working. Sorry, but I would rather not wait for a lucky chance at being able to buy nails and screws in the store, as I could be waiting for a very long time. I do train deliveries to get gems so that I can buy mostly paint, so why wouldn't I use the forge to make the other parts I need? It seems silly to just let it sit there when it could be working for me.