PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon Marmot - 3/27/15

readysetgo888
03-27-15, 11:33 AM
New dark-water super rare.

16 hour breed time.

It is breedable, but it's also on sale for 200 gems. The sale will end at 2pm est this coming Tuesday.*

There is a goal to breed this animal. It lasts for 15 days and has a 5 gem reward. This DOES NOT MEAN that the animal is only available for 15 days. The animal will still be available to breed after the goal has expired, you will just not receive a 5 gem reward. **

*I'm not an authority but this is what they've done every single other time, so I think we can be pretty confident.
**Again I'm not an authority, just a long time player, and this is what they've done every single other time. Unless something drastic changes it will happen the same way again, and absolutely no one should be worried that this animal is only available for 2 weeks!

It will likely be available for about 5 weeks. Here's why I think that:
I believe this is the 4th time they've done the 200 gem sale on a new animal. First time was Unicornucopia... it was available for over a month before going limited. Next was Snowpossum... again available for over a month and them limited. Third time was Pygmy Giraffe... it's still available and has just now hit one month of being available.

ArcadiaTofu
03-27-15, 11:37 AM
New dark-water super rare.

It is breedable, but it's also on sale for 200 gems. The sale will end at 2pm est this coming Tuesday.*

*I'm not an authority but this is what they've done every single other time, so I think we can be pretty confident.
Whenever they have new creature sales like this it tends to indicate that the creature is not limited... yet.

Much like the Pumpkin Panda, I'd guess we'd have a month or so for breeding this, so while the sale price is nice, I'd rather take my time on this one since it's not yet limited. Good luck, everyone :3

Melis2a84
03-27-15, 11:39 AM
Just got him 16hrs, I thought il try to breed him if not il buy him but I got him first try yay frostfang and Skyger

rjazz
03-27-15, 11:40 AM
Anyone know breed time yet? Whoops not as fst as Mel lol

ninasidstorm8
03-27-15, 11:42 AM
Just got him 16hrs, I thought il try to breed him if not il buy him but I got him first try yay frostfang and Skyger

Congratulations, I got 15 hours, so I guess mine is a Sea Lion.

readysetgo888
03-27-15, 11:43 AM
Whenever they have new creature sales like this it tends to indicate that the creature is not limited... yet.

Much like the Pumpkin Panda, I'd guess we'd have a month or so for breeding this, so while the sale price is nice, I'd rather take my time on this one since it's not yet limited. Good luck, everyone :3

Agreed... I believe this is the 4th time they've done the 200 gem sale. First time was Unicornucopia... it was available for over a month before going limited. Next was Snowpossum... again available for over a month and them limited. Third time was Pygmy Giraffe... it's still available. I'll have to go check whether it's been over a month yet. But yes, I would give this animal about 5 weeks, just based on what they've done before. As you say, plenty of time to breed it without buying.

I was keeping my opinions out of the first post, but here they are... haven't seen the adult, just the baby, but another armordillo type animal? Really??? Are we not all sick of these yet? Talk about no creativity.

Also a dark-water super rare is no big excitement for me, since both Psyena and Land Shark were recently available in tournaments and I got both, and I also have a Sea Drake. I actually did buy the Pygmy Giraffe for 200 gems because it was so unique and I loved it, but this one is meh. I'm excited to try for it though, because I can breed Unicorn X dark-water and also have the chance for Cthulhu and Cyclops, both of which I'd love to get. But I definitely won't be buying it and if I didn't get it, no big loss.

Except Cyclops isn't dark after all... oops. I forgot that. Oh well, I guess I can still breed Unicorn X dark-water and just really hope for Cthulhu.

readysetgo888
03-27-15, 07:05 PM
Guess no one cares about this animal. Really, it seems like a lot of the older players have lost interest in this game. Can't say I blame them, but it's sad, because it didn't have to be this way. It could have stayed a really fun game, but greed has ruined it.

Also, this thread should be a sticky... more people could find it then....

sweetypies97
03-27-15, 09:48 PM
I already have a good dark water super rare (sea drake) so I don't really feel like I need this one. I think my son is considering buying it though. He has heaps more gems than me (I bought the stormy shore habitat, he didn't).

calvinxx
03-27-15, 09:59 PM
I might buy it if I can't breed it before the sale ends since it is quite cheap for a super rare

ArcadiaTofu
03-27-15, 10:34 PM
Guess no one cares about this animal. Really, it seems like a lot of the older players have lost interest in this game. Can't say I blame them, but it's sad, because it didn't have to be this way. It could have stayed a really fun game, but greed has ruined it.

I think the biggest reason older users are losing interest FAST is because we tend to get super-long Lightning hybrids for the most part or 'repeat' hybrid breeds that we already have too much of as is (Water-Earth, Fire-Earth, Water-Nature, etc.). There's only so many Lightning-Water or Water-Earth animals we can stomach before it starts to get repetitive. (About the only breath of fresh air we seem to anticipate are the Treasure and Gem animals but those are few and far between in the grander scheme of things).

If they came out with new ELEMENTS like Lightning then the interest would pick up really, really quickly. I figure that they need to release a new PERMANENT ELEMENT every four months to keep interest alive for older whale players, otherwise repeat hybrids of too-many Lightning or Water-based elements makes users just not want to bother anymore. Plus, users were asked if they wanted Mythology hybrids and they all answered with a resounding 'YES!' a few months back. Haven't seen any mention or hint of that so far, which kinda tells users "We're not listening to you right now."

So, yeah... new elements (that are not based on a holiday) that are permanent, and more mythology-based hybrids will really get interest in this game back, imo. I also think the introduction of the useless Treent and ANOTHER Lightning hybrid (the Hareon) seemed like a big slap in the face to most users that were hoping for two new elements to breed with. We all know how that turned out, though... :(

The Monsoon Marmot is just another casualty that shows how quickly users are losing interest and how quickly they'll need to work to save it before it wanes completely. And, yeah... greed does play a significant factor, but mostly it's due to the reasons I've listed above and what seems to be an over-saturation of Limited breeds that we do or do not know will disappear, or when for that matter. The structure of this game is falling apart at the seams and it seems to me the 'rules' that dictated the game from Day 1 are changing without notice or are so random it seems nearly impossible to discover what's up and what's down in this game... All I know is these 'almost' rules that are 'unsaid' or aren't explained properly to users is dragging this game even further down, and sooner or later the complex 'rules' in this game (or constant changing of them) are gonna frustrate users so completely they'll just delete the game and be done with it :x

I guess it would just be nice if TL came out and said: "OK... anything that comes out with a Limited sticker on update day means that you'll have one week to breed it. Otherwise, all new animals that come out are more than likely to become limited after 90 days. Expect it unless otherwise stated."

THAT would help out a ton. Or just put a Limited sticker on every animal that WILL be limited some day and make sure to give it a small countdown clock when you click on the animal info box in the shop. I doubt this is hard to do in a programming standpoint, but the fact they fail to do this until the last week tells me that they want to make more money by purposefully confusing and panicking users to spend more gems. Not very nice, and sooner or later it's gonna bite them when users just grimace in disgust and delete the game after having had enough. I know, personally, that if SOMETHING doesn't change, and soon, I'll be playing this game less and less and probably will end up deleting it as a result. Let's just hope TL will take this lack of interest lately in the game as a canary in the coalmine that alerts to an impending crash if something isn't fixed soon >.>

Drachenia
03-28-15, 05:46 AM
Hello, after 11 or more Chromadile, 2x Rockodile, Ocean Owl and now Sapphire Cthulhu not yet Monsoon Marmot. One I bought, but I want 2 have. I breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Chromadile

chippychan
03-28-15, 08:00 AM
I'm just kind of 'meh' about this one because I'm not thrilled with how it looks. I am trying for it though (but I won't buy it).
On the plus side I didn't have any of the breedable water/dark yet (been trying for other limited with different combos) so at least most of my 'fails' will be new animals for me. :)

There does indeed seem to be less activity/interest on the forums lately. I think the frustration of getting tons of duplicates while trying for limited animals is taking it's toll. Not to mention how TL handled the glitches with the current tournament, I think that is turning a lot of people off.

I've noticed a lot of my neighbors are becoming inactive, and I am really starting to think we won't meet the final community goal for the world event either. :(

I hope I'm wrong!

Ratisorn
03-29-15, 12:17 AM
Lucky, frostfang and Skyger after many try.

Drachenia
03-29-15, 06:46 PM
Hello, after 11 or more Chromadile, 2x Rockodile, Ocean Owl and now Sapphire Cthulhu not yet Monsoon Marmot. One I bought, but I want 2 have. I breeding with Crystal Unicorn/Chromadile
So Sapphire Cthulhu have accelerated from the nest. I breed now with Puffalo / Sapphire Cthulhu Rainguin = 4x, Racmoon, Chromadile 3x, 2x Rockodile and 45 hours. I have also accelerated in the breed, do not expect to get back as quickly 45 hours. :confused:

keller63
03-29-15, 07:21 PM
In regards to the mythical creatures, kooky posted a response only the other day that he/she submitted the results so its only just been received at the other end. And they did start bringing in mythologicals when the cyclops was made and ofc the Cthulhu

biologybrain
03-29-15, 08:52 PM
I think people are losing interest in this game because it is almost impossible to win tournaments consistently or breed animals consistently. The algorithms change all the time for wins and breeding so often and are so stacked against the players that it's ridiculous to even try sometimes. I know this is a gaming business trying to make money, but it's kind of like the saying, "yiu can catch more flies with honey." If the game was consistent and fun, people would be more inclined to spend money to keep playing instead of feeling like the company is out to bilk the players for as much cash as possible.

I did finally breed a unicorn after a relatively short time. I have already gotten 3 rainguins & 3 chromadiles trying for this creature. I'm stuck on Round 26 in the tournament with less than 5 hours to go. I doubt I get either the Slippopotamus or the marmot. I'm just a casual player though that will never spend real money because I have real living animals - 3 cats, 2 dogs, 5 horses, 2 kids, & a husband to feed, clothe, and house. I do get frustrated with this game though. I play consistently daily - probably at least 8x a day to harvest crops & coins. If I don't get an animal I'm not usually terribly upset, although I was pretty torn up about not getting the Unicornicopia since I'm a horse-lover (the number of plantlers I got was ridiculous)... I'll just keep muddling through until this game bores me.

mikelfritz12
03-29-15, 10:00 PM
Does every one know What outcome with 17:01:30 breed with aqautler and banship in fantasy forest story

calvinxx
03-29-15, 11:24 PM
That's a Falconch!^ Congrats!

chippychan
03-30-15, 06:39 AM
Wasn't having luck with Frostfang & Skyger so I decided to throw Snowpossum & Twilight Troll together for a change just to see what happens. I got a 16 hour timer!

So it's either this or Aurora Pegasus.
I don't have Aurora Pegasus yet (and I *really* want one) so I feel like this is a win for me either way. :)

MaribouMay
03-30-15, 09:43 AM
11 hour fail, 11 hour fail, rinse, lather, repeat

upside: a short breed-time fail

downside: feels like Groundhog Day around here

monkeymerlin
03-30-15, 10:16 AM
Been trying with my unicorn and Chromadile and now have 7 more chromadiles lol. But I've not tried for water - dark before and have also gained a sea drake and a chameneon.

Just tried a new combo with Chromadile and chameneon and just got a 16 hour timer yay.

Makes up for that stupid slippopotamus that ran off.

matiasabad94
03-30-15, 10:19 AM
Yay!

calvinxx
03-30-15, 02:55 PM
I got the marmot with Rockodile and Frostfang! After probably 50+ sped up fails over two days... Lol it's on the nest now :)

willgb09
03-30-15, 04:34 PM
I got it! Only 5 fails too. I used the frostfang and skyger to get it.

keller63
03-30-15, 06:14 PM
This one is in the element mix I have of 4 elements but I don't Care if I get it or not

xxxe
03-30-15, 06:45 PM

Ever since Matripony I only go on once or twice a day. I haven't really tried in the last two tournaments and I won't reach the last prize in the world event. It's weird because I was so obsessed with this game at first. I just couldn't believe all the bad "luck" that happened during Valentine's Day. And before that with the Confetti Yetti. I'm sure I could make the list go on longer lol. I have been playing DS a lot more. I log in like 10 times a day. I guess just like that game more now. I still play BS and RS too so it's hard playing 4 games 24/7 especially with my 2 year old bossing me around all day.

I just got this new guy though so that's a plus. It's the first time in 75 tries that I have gotten something new. That's another reason I stopped playing as much. 75 times with nothing new? When I'm missing 20 something animals. Just made me crazy mad. Maybe if I can get a few new animals without another 2 month dry spell I will start playing again. I miss talking on the forums and setting timers for tournaments. At least I can still do the tournaments on DS.

sweetdeda
03-31-15, 02:28 AM
I got him! With land shark and frost fang!

mistynightv
03-31-15, 03:02 PM
Omg. I have it on First try...Tried to get unicorn. Didnt know about Animal until now.. Wow im Really surprised....