PDA

View Full Version : Question about importance of two buildings

BiteMe111
03-27-15, 06:35 AM
I'm level 34 and have somehow made it this far without two buildings that I see a lot of my neighbors (often on much lower levels) have: the cathedral and the windmill. What am I missing?

As far as I understand, the cathedral is only a coin building? Or am I wrong and it does drop something? I was considering getting it some levels back, when I was hurting for royal points to expand to Sabina, but then I expanded to the troll pit first and that gave me RPs. With the new garden fences and poles being 3 RPs each, i'm at 3600 RPs and not needing more at this point. So am I OK keeping my queendom secular, or are there some other benefits of this building (which takes quite a bit of room and resources to build) that I'm not aware of.

And the windmill? I seem to recall it takes wool and gives back some kind of cloth, but what do I need this cloth for? Am I missing some cool tasks that getting a windmill would activate?

roguebee
03-27-15, 06:46 AM
The windmill serves no purpose other than to give coins and a stray sack of flour. The Cathedral will be needed for future quests. You need to visit it from time to time.

BiteMe111
03-27-15, 11:00 AM
The windmill serves no purpose other than to give coins and a stray sack of flour. The Cathedral will be needed for future quests. You need to visit it from time to time.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I better start making room for that cathedral then.

vednir
03-27-15, 11:46 AM

Later in the game windmills can be quite useful as they relieve some strain off your kitchens. Any building that has the occasional rare drop of a food item (windmill, harvest pergola, reindeer stable) helps to alleviate the bottleneck that usually arises when you're trying to create a few food items simultaneously. Conversely, later in the game coins are useless and often the cathedral, unless needed for a quest, will no longer be needed.

ShibuyaCloth
03-27-15, 12:09 PM
Cathedral L5 have a pretty good coin/energy ratio, so for cheep coin harvesting they are nice.

PraxisOfGood
03-27-15, 01:39 PM
It's not clear from the guides what triggers the quest "Micro Managing" that eventually unlocks the trade with the fruit farmers, but that quest will require you to visit both a cathedral and an amphitheater. That's the only reason I built it.

88silver
03-27-15, 01:56 PM
The Cathedral is needed for both the Glimmergate and Troll story lines.