PDA

View Full Version : TL double standards of "FAIR/UNFAIR" **NOT ABOUT EXPIRED GOALS"

KimWill
03-26-15, 02:27 PM
L double standards of "FAIR/UNFAIR"
TL's stand on not releasing expired goal ovens is "It wouldn't be fair to the players who completed the goals"

BUT they are introducing "Bundles" that includes items I've spend a ton of gems on trying to get some of the items that are no longer available. So how is that different?

That being said, I hope the bundles will be available on Android soon. I am willing to purchase gems for the bundles but even more so for the expired ovens.

BTW I took a break from playing and have seen some positive changes in the game. TL has been working hard to improve the game. They are the only games I've played that update EVERY week

I originally started this topic the other day and it was moved to a topic about expired goals That is NOT what this topic is about. It's about TL double standards on what's fair and unfair

lbakecakesl
03-26-15, 07:04 PM
What you see as being fair and what someone else views as being fair are likely to be different. You are argue that "bundles" and goals are fair game to be released to those who didn't get them when they were released. A lot of players argue that those goals take longer to complete, and the fact that they completed them in the given time frame means that they are more "special" than weekly released decorations.

KimWill
03-29-15, 10:54 AM
I feel that there is a difference in "goal rewards" and expired goal ovens. I don't think they should release goal prizes, but see no harm in making the ovens available for purchase with gems. I would also like the bundles on android.

BTW I'm 48 and I know nothing is ever fair and knowledge everyone has their own opinion. I was trying to make a point which you obviously didn't get.

sls0991
03-29-15, 01:19 PM
BTW I took a break from playing and have seen some positive changes in the game. TL has been working hard to improve the game. They are the only games I've played that update EVERY week

TL has recently changed to just Storm 8 AKA S8, which is why there have been many changes IN MY OPINION. I'm not sure if they're trying new things to help improve the playing experience and profit, or if they're completely cleaning house and bringing in new staff. Either way, I am liking what I am seeing with the LTOs almost every week. There is enough older content that people are BEGGING for to do that for a while. And until then, they can focus on new ideas for brand new content (instead of repeat updates or redesigned updates like those gemstone updates that were exactly the same just different colors.. very lame IMO). I don't think S8 has perfected their business model yet, they have a very long way to go, but they are trying and I will give them credit for that. They had to do something.. their credibility was completely shot and customer loyalty was almost down the toilet... profits probably painted it's own pretty picture, I'm sure.

bobbyrae
03-29-15, 02:35 PM
I feel that there is a difference in "goal rewards" and expired goal ovens. I don't think they should release goal prizes, but see no harm in making the ovens available for purchase with gems. I would also like the bundles on android.

BTW I'm 48 and I know nothing is ever fair and knowledge everyone has their own opinion. I was trying to make a point which you obviously didn't get.
I suspect ibakecakes did get your point but has a different opinion from you. Several players don't believe goal related ovens should be re released or unlocked for players who chose not to do the goals when they became available or who were not around when the goals were released. Some of those players don't even think that it would be fair to allow players to unlock them for gems.

Beecause
03-29-15, 02:50 PM
The goal ovens/stoves were earned and so were each of the recipes on those appliances.

Yes it would be nice but isn't the right thing to do to customers/players.

There were goals I didn't participate in - especially when in low level of game.
Some I just wasn't into and didn't think they were worth my limited resources.
I don't have anything from those goals. I regret it now but I couldn't or chose not to
make the effort.

I also have a couple goal earned appliances with locked recipes on them because I
didn't complete a goal - that's what I earned. Seeing that 3rd recipe locked to me is
a bummer.

That is all because completing those goals is not easy and takes major game-play time to
complete. Very Earned!

Bringing back non-goal related appliances from the old game versions is very appreciated.

I have an android & an iphone - so I have downloaded some of the old game versions
in order to get decorations, appliances and many of the recipes on basic appliances that
have disappeared over time.

Now that is something I wish they would stop doing - pulling recipes! :-(

twospoons
03-29-15, 06:12 PM
I decided I didn't like my original comment. Take two:

If I spent a bunch of real world money, that I got by working at my real world job, to get a particular prize from a box, I would think of that as "earned" much more than I consider goal rewards that are unlocked for playing a game as being "earned." Sure, luck is an element in boxes, and you have to invest some time in goals, but it isn't that much time, and it's time I was going to spend playing anyway.

Anyway, obviously S8 doesn't agree with me, and I'm sure a lot of players don't either, not just the commenters here, but that's my take. (Side note: I do actually appreciate the box prize sales, because it's nice to actually have a first place prize that goodness knows I'd never win. I just feel bad for those who won it before.)

bobbyrae
03-30-15, 10:48 AM
double standards of "FAIR/UNFAIR"
TL's stand on not releasing expired goal ovens is "It wouldn't be fair to the players who completed the goals"

BUT they are introducing "Bundles" that includes items I've spend a ton of gems on trying to get some of the items that are no longer available. So how is that different?

I think it has the appearance of a double standard too. But I also appreciate that players who missed the opportunity to get limited decorations in the past can now do so.

If I spent a bunch of real world money, that I got by working at my real world job, to get a particular prize from a box, I would think of that as "earned" much more than I consider goal rewards that are unlocked for playing a game as being "earned." Sure, luck is an element in boxes, and you have to invest some time in goals, but it isn't that much time, and it's time I was going to spend playing anyway.

Anyway, obviously S8 doesn't agree with me, and I'm sure a lot of players don't either, not just the commenters here, but that's my take. (Side note: I do actually appreciate the box prize sales, because it's nice to actually have a first place prize that goodness knows I'd never win. I just feel bad for those who won it before.)

I'm one of those players who believes everyone should have the opportunity to have all the appliances and rewards from goals. It shouldn't matter whether the player started four years ago or this year. I also believe these goals should be available at the same cost to all players. I don't believe players should have to pay gems to unlock goal appliances or rewards unless the original goal required that.

twospoons
03-30-15, 05:24 PM
I'm one of those players who believes everyone should have the opportunity to have all the appliances and rewards from goals. It shouldn't matter whether the player started four years ago or this year. I also believe these goals should be available at the same cost to all players. I don't believe players should have to pay gems to unlock goal appliances or rewards unless the original goal required that.

I have no problems with goal content, decor or appliances, being rereleased as well. The thread about what do players want to see come back includes some plaintive requests for the tea time oven, which I got through playing those goals whenever they were, but I think it would be nice for newer players to have, much as I appreciated getting the candy hatchery!

I actually kind of like the compromise of unlocking with gems. Not for myself, I don't care if they jack up the prices or not, but to appease some of the players who object to goal re-release (although not all). The only thing that would annoy me is if they ever rereleased actual goal sets, because that would give newer players something to do but not older players, who are more likely to be waiting on goals every month.

Torkulon
03-31-15, 01:25 AM

I agree that word "earned" fits much more to real money spend on game. And I don't understand those players who complain about "working hard" to receive goal reward. You can work hard at real work, but game is created to bring fun and plesure. I'm always happy to receive new goals, I can't call completing goal a hard work. It's exciting, not hard for me.

(Side note: I do actually appreciate the box prize sales, because it's nice to actually have a first place prize that goodness knows I'd never win. I just feel bad for those who won it before.)

I won 1st place Swan Pond from Magic Bouquet in RS, before it was on sale. And I don't feel bad.

bobbyrae
03-31-15, 08:29 AM
The only thing that would annoy me is if they ever rereleased actual goal sets, because that would give newer players something to do but not older players, who are more likely to be waiting on goals every month.

You know, every new player gets a set of goals to complete to encourage them along as they ease into the game. The fact that they have those goals available to them doesn't affect our game play or our new challenges each month. I'm suggesting that the same be done with old goals. The timer could be set once the challenge becomes available or once the player opens the goal set. Their having the opportunity to complete the goals shouldn't affect the rest of us. TL has some smart people working for them. They could figure out the logistics of having it done.