PDA

View Full Version : Trapping Walking Characters

8hat
03-25-15, 12:42 PM
What are the rules that guide the walking characters? I know I have seen some king/queendoms that have trapped them. Is it certain categories of things that they prefer not to walk through or does every other space have to be full except their holding pen?

88silver
03-25-15, 01:01 PM
They prefer to walk on paths. So even though they can walk through walls, if the only area in your kingdom that has paths is surrounded by walls, they'll usually walk there anyway (looking like they're trapped). The new wrought-iron fences give it an extra "prison yard" effect in the kingdoms I've seen that have done it.

8hat
03-25-15, 01:13 PM
I have recently removed all my pathways (getting ready for a redecorate after this event is over) so I went back and filled my pen with the new filagree paths. Sabina gravitated to them like chocolate but after she toured the pen she casually melted out the other side. So now, I left 1 filagree in the middle and surrounded it with stone paths. I haven't had any takers again yet. I think I have removed all other pathways but I will check again in case one from the holiday events is hiding behind a building.

8hat
03-26-15, 06:26 AM
That didn't work at all. They just walk through the 'trap' like it's not even there. Any other ideas?

SpiritWind00
03-26-15, 04:20 PM
You cannot trap any of our avatars ... They are free spirits!

The thing with roads is that the other characters will be at a path when you visit a neighbour or open your game, but even then they will walk away and walk through anything. If you don't have a path, it still doesn't mean you can trap them somewhere... Sorry!

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:40 PM
Why would anyone want to trap them. I want the option to store them.

8hat
03-27-15, 05:39 AM
I have the enclosure pen with pathways on the floor and if you fill up the available space around the pen (looks like some kind of absurd yard sale) they hang out there longer but still slip away.

8hat
03-27-15, 05:40 AM
Why would anyone want to trap them. I want the option to store them.

I got bored with the flower event and this is what I came up with for a 'challenge' of sorts.

queentina3
03-27-15, 05:43 AM
I got bored with the flower event and this is what I came up with for a 'challenge' of sorts.

I think it's funny, and gives you something to do. I'd just be careful as burritosprings might come over and drop a bomb on the enclosure just to get rid of the walking characters. *hehehe*

Liloze
03-27-15, 08:33 AM
I think it's funny, and gives you something to do. I'd just be careful as burritosprings might come over and drop a bomb on the enclosure just to get rid of the walking characters. *hehehe*

Haha :D Well if this bomb could get rid of Thurston I'd welcome Burritosprings with open arms.
Gosh I cannot stand The idiot! ( Yes Thurston) lol Walking around while I fight the beasts!
What was Sabina thinking wanting to marry him? !
Good thing the wedding was cancelled in my queendom after the w-alinapping :P

robotparade
03-30-15, 09:00 AM
You cannot trap any of our avatars ... They are free spirits!

LOL! Yeah, I just enjoy seeing where they roam. It makes me laugh when they wander into the pig and cow pen and the just turn right around as though they are thinking: ""What am I doing here?"

8hat
03-30-15, 09:28 PM
I've abandond my trap for now as I am on vacation but next week I am redesigning my queendom and may designate a special place for walkers...based on my research I can recommend they go there, can't guarantee they stay there...wish me luck. :)

Liloze
03-31-15, 10:20 AM
I've abandond my trap for now as I am on vacation but next week I am redesigning my queendom and may designate a special place for walkers...based on my research I can recommend they go there, can't guarantee they stay there...wish me luck. :)

Good luck :) I want to trap Thurston so fill us in once it is done ;)

8hat
04-05-15, 09:31 AM
I don't have my cord right now to get the pics to the PC but I have made the enclosure bigger, padded the outside of it with buildings, animals, flowers, etc., the only path tiles I have out are in there, and I think they enjoy having something to walk around (so they go kind of in circles instead of aimless). I put one of the event topiary's in a first but since I have made it a bit of a prison I thought the friendly gallows was a better choice.

I'll get those pictures here soon.

lisman
04-05-15, 12:00 PM
If you have the loveshack then you can craft romantic path and after I did a redecoration of my kingdom and I put some of them in my royal buildings pen that leads to my castle. I saw that those roads attracted the avatars really good because I saw all of them having a meeting on the roads with my queen avatar as the ringleader and when I came in the game the they shouted "the big brother is here, dispurse" and they just went away and started on walking around in the kingdom as they usually do.
So I recomend to craft those roads if you can to your "prisons" or if you just want to attracted them.

Here is a photo and in the photo they have already started to dispurse

8hat
04-06-15, 12:49 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ppik36.png

They slip out on occasion but I think they've grown to like it. I've seen Thurston doing this one move where he walks through the gate and immediately turns around like 'oops, I was supposed to stay in there'.

AnniePMH
04-06-15, 12:58 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ppik36.png

They slip out on occasion but I think they've grown to like it. I've seen Thurston doing this one move where he walks through the gate and immediately turns around like 'oops, I was supposed to stay in there'.

Getting French Revolution vibes here...:eek:

queentina3
04-06-15, 01:36 PM
LMAO, it almost looks like they're playing musical chairs, but without the chairs. :p

8hat
04-08-15, 07:38 AM
LMAO, it almost looks like they're playing musical chairs, but without the chairs. :p

Someone posted on my wall, 'is there going to be a hanging?' It could be a really bad version of musical chairs where when the music stops the person closest to the gallows gets the noose