PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Expansions

SuziKaye
03-25-15, 06:01 AM
I finally expanded to the Truffle Forest, taking forever to gather 19 of each type of map, just to find out I need 16 hammers, bricks and wood before I can do anything else with it. Talk about frustrating and disheartening! I almost deleted the game right then.
Does anyone else get mad when you
Work so hard to expand only to find that you can't do anything with your expansion until you jump through even more hoops?
Also, what other expansions make you do this? (If there are a lot more I am definitely quitting this game.)

kimwood1
03-25-15, 06:10 AM
I feel your frustration!!!! And for that reason (along with the fact that the paper drops are so rare & take sooooo long to collect) I have stopped expanding. If I happen to get a paper drop from one of my pets, I sell it immediately in my side shop.

queentina3
03-25-15, 07:04 AM
If you haven't expanded to the Water Garden yet you'll find the same thing happens there. Once you get all the permits and coin, you then have to repair the plots (hammers, boards, bricks) and the dryer (screws, paint, nails). It's the same with the balloon as well, you'll need to repair it with hammers, bricks, and boards.

SuziKaye
03-25-15, 09:46 AM
That's good to know about the other expansions. It's just ridiculous to spend so much time collecting rare pieces of paper and then find out that you have to spend another couple of months gathering items before you can use the expansion. I think I'm just going to delete the game, it has become more frustrating than it's worth.
Plus, it has way too many ads. I think their goal is to make you spend money in order to be able to use the game in a way that's not frustrating, and that is not what I want to do.

kimwood1
03-25-15, 10:03 AM
I totally agree. Someone posted a comment the other day that I think sums it up best....the post said something along these lines:

For the most part, people play games on their phones, tablets, etc because they want to relax, take a break from 'real life' & take a break from real life stress. They won't continue to play this game if it's continuously frustrating or stressing them more than real life.

Now obviously, the person was being sarcastic about the game being more stressful than real life, BUT I think they also made a great point. I understand games aren't always "easy", but TL wrote the game program & I'm sure if they made just a few minor adjustments to the program, we could all be getting more frequent paper drops or paint drops, etc.

SuziKaye
03-25-15, 10:54 AM
My thoughts exactly, Kimwood1. I wonder of the developers have tried playing their own game to realize their settings are frustrating and discouraging?

I totally agree. Someone posted a comment the other day that I think sums it up best....the post said something along these lines:

For the most part, people play games on their phones, tablets, etc because they want to relax, take a break from 'real life' & take a break from real life stress. They won't continue to play this game if it's continuously frustrating or stressing them more than real life.

Now obviously, the person was being sarcastic about the game being more stressful than real life, BUT I think they also made a great point. I understand games aren't always "easy", but TL wrote the game program & I'm sure if they made just a few minor adjustments to the program, we could all be getting more frequent paper drops or paint drops, etc.

kimwood1
03-25-15, 11:13 AM
Suzikaye - they probably play it but they probably also have an unlimited supply of gems so when they want to upgrade, expand, etc, they just use that unlimited supply of gems they have, lol
That of course is purely speculation on my part but I can't imagine the people that wrote the program have the same frustrations as most of us do.
I'll probably be kicked off this forum or my game won't work now for making that comment, lol :D