PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 3/24/15 - Slippopotamus

Pages : 1 [2]

vulpesvulpes1
03-29-15, 05:24 AM
You're welcome

raythek14
03-29-15, 06:16 AM
13 losses on Round 28. 10 losses with my Epic Onyx Ox :( 27 -32 worst results EVER. My Onyx Ox which is one of my greatest fighters in tourneys is now an epic failure. I can't get past it. :(

Update Finally got passed rnd 28. Took the emerald dragon with my gold lion...after 17 battles against the dragon it was such a relief to see the critical hit message..2 more rounds to go.....good luck to all and congrats to those who have completed this tournament.

Here is a great example of how random this game is. There is 17 hours to go in the tourney and I need 3 wins. I'm reading people having 10 losses on round 28 which puts me in trouble. So I try my Onyx Ox against the Crystal Unicorn. Fire, critical hit, win. 

chippychan
03-29-15, 06:24 AM
Sooooo--only the ones who can afford to speed through benefit while the rest of us peons loose out--it figures.

Just wanted to say that not all people who finish the tournament early spend gems to speed through. I finished this a couple days ago by following zenobia's guide (which is SUPER helpful by the way :)) and being VERY lucky. I spent absolutely no gems to win. As has been said already, these tournaments seem to be based heavily on luck.

I had a very hard time with the first couple tournaments I tried (I failed to finish them) but have had good luck with the last 2.

Good luck to those still working on this one!

zenobia42
03-29-15, 06:54 AM
Still stuck on round 28 emerald. Not. fun.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 06:58 AM
Record 24-11 before Retriever round.
Now record is 28-30. Two rounds to go.

1 loss rounds 3, 5, 14, 18, 23, 26, 3 losses on rounds 20 and 22, 13 losses round 25, 5 losses round 28.

Currently 6 losses in round 29.

flowless
03-29-15, 07:37 AM
11 losses to the last round
OMG and still counting

I used unicorn twice
Emerland
Sloth three times
Grass
Eagle
Love dove
Poodle twice

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 08:21 AM
Highest rarest fire-nature, using nature attack. I used my Epic Vinatour. Goodluck :)

Thank you Buttercup. Lost twice with mine. Several times with Poodle. Starting to think this is totally random. I always seem to have one level which needs ultimate. Resisting so far. :(:mad::mad:

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 08:23 AM
It always seems pretty random to me which levels I get stuck on... it's always some level in the last 8 rounds or so. Sometimes more than one level. But it has nothing to do with which opponent it actually is, because it's different each tournament.

jim23cash
03-29-15, 08:27 AM
FYI: I tried shamrock against Treasure, and it was neutral. (No Weak/Strong attack message).

Lipand5kids
03-29-15, 08:42 AM
Finally got past Martipony with Racmoon 15. Now I can finally go against opponents that do have a weakness. I did finally see a Critical when I hit Martipony with Dark for the second time but third hit.

Lipand5kids
03-29-15, 08:46 AM
Record 24-11 before Retriever round.
Now record is 28-30. Two rounds to go.

1 loss rounds 3, 5, 14, 18, 23, 26, 3 losses on rounds 20 and 22, 13 losses round 25, 5 losses round 28.

Currently 6 losses in round 29.
Dang I had at least 8 loses on R20. Now I'm not sure on the rest.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 09:04 AM
8 losses in round 29 now.... gahhhhh.... After having one of my easiest ever tournaments through round 24, this is now becoming one of my worst. 28-38 currently, meaning the absolute best I can end is 30-38. My best tournaments are about 30-30, and the worst about 30-45.

The land shark flash tournament was the worst ever. Now this. For goodness sake TL, haven't enough players quit recently? Why are you making it worse???

Lipand5kids, I'm experiencing a lot of losses in these late rounds because I had such an easy time of it in the early tournament. Frustrating but not unexpected. Hopefully you will have good luck in the last rounds. But, I would be lying if I said I thought that you will actually finish just beating round 20 at this time :( There are only about 15 hours left in the tournament, so you'd have to beat 9 rounds in 15 tries if you battle every single hour and that seems unlikely :( I only say this because if I were you, I'd want to know that I should either be prepared to spend a lot of gems, or not continue. The absolute worst thing is to spend a lot of your gems and still not win the prize. I'd probably plan on needing at least 100. For speeding, plus a couple ultimate hits if necessary.

catsneezes
03-29-15, 09:19 AM
I definitely think that if you fail against a round enough times, that it should get easier. I have like... four or five losses at round 29

flowless
03-29-15, 09:25 AM
Finally beat level 30 on the 12 th try
With Santa

Good luck everyone who is still trying

Lipand5kids
03-29-15, 09:40 AM
8 losses in round 29 now.... gahhhhh.... After having one of my easiest ever tournaments through round 24, this is now becoming one of my worst. 28-38 currently, meaning the absolute best I can end is 30-38. My best tournaments are about 30-30, and the worst about 30-45.

The land shark flash tournament was the worst ever. Now this. For goodness sake TL, haven't enough players quit recently? Why are you making it worse???

Lipand5kids, I'm experiencing a lot of losses in these late rounds because I had such an easy time of it in the early tournament. Frustrating but not unexpected. Hopefully you will have good luck in the last rounds. But, I would be lying if I said I thought that you will actually finish just beating round 20 at this time :( There are only about 15 hours left in the tournament, so you'd have to beat 9 rounds in 15 tries if you battle every single hour and that seems unlikely :( I only say this because if I were you, I'd want to know that I should either be prepared to spend a lot of gems, or not continue. The absolute worst thing is to spend a lot of your gems and still not win the prize. I'd probably plan on needing at least 100. For speeding, plus a couple ultimate hits if necessary.

Oh I understand that I will not make it but will see how far I can get. I haven't gotten to finish many of these tournaments.

zenobia42
03-29-15, 09:41 AM

I am in the same boat as you - 1 more loss, 1 round behind you. I have 39 losses and I'm still stuck on round 28. I am having to spend freaking GEMS to freaking SPEED between rounds on a FULL-LENGTH freaking tournament to have any chance of finishing it! Friday, the whole freaking day, in 13 battles, I got TWO FREAKING WINS. Saturday, the whole freaking day, 13 battles, TWO FREAKING WINS. Today, 0-for-4 and counting.

This is NOT RIGHT of TL to do to us. When I had only a handful of level 15 animals, and NONE of them ultra rare, I always finished tournaments around Saturday morning, without speeding. Now my selection of level 15 animals is 10x better and I will freaking LOSE this tournament if I don't spend gems. WTF? Seriously? What. The. Frack. If I spend 27 gems and still don't finish this freaking round, I am DONE with this game. When I have a level 15 ultra rare that is 2x strong vs. the opponent, it is NOT RIGHT to make the odds so incredibly freaking poor that I can only win using a mother-freaking ULTIMATE attack. I worked freaking HARD to get these freaking awesome animals that are supposed to kick freaking butt in the arena. And I am losing 10x as many battles as freaking newbs are. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. If it takes me an ultimate to win this mother-freaking tournament I am not just done with freaking tournaments but done with this whole GAME.

NOT COOL, TL. Stop making it freaking impossible for those who won every tournament in the past to win current ones.

monkeymerlin
03-29-15, 10:06 AM
Hmmm I thought levelling up and getting better animals would make the game easier, it appears not to reading your posts guys.

I've struggled with this tournament and only continued battling for the extra food really, but breezed through the last 5 rounds? (Which I thought would get harder the higher up they went)
It appears to be all down to luck or numbers or something unexplainable.
Just beat golden retriever with my level 10 fairy ferret, maybe each level has a secret weakness. Tried my level 4 Racmoon on the emerald dragon lol but he got slaughtered.
I hope you have an easy last 2 levels

Lipand5kids
03-29-15, 10:25 AM
R21. Glacial Griffen < Vinataur 15 Nn
R22. Treasure Toucan <
R23. Psyena <
R24. Steamtrunk <
R25. Golden Retriever<
R26. Nightmare <
R27. Sea Horse<
R28. Emerald Dragon <
R29. Rumblebee <
R30. Slippopotamus <

CoodieBug
03-29-15, 11:14 AM
Finally beat level 30 on the 12 th try
With Santa

Good luck everyone who is still trying

On 5th try I finally beat seahorse with Thorilla (elect). I dread the rest of this game and will loose rather than buy gems like I do too often!

saucysammis
03-29-15, 11:17 AM
I usually have a difficult time, and either finish in the last couple of hours or not at all. I really wanted the land shark and it's the only time I speeded in a tourney. I wasted gems speeding and ultra attacking and still lost. I Feel for you all having a hard time coz I've been there for EVERY other tourney.

I do think winning it should not involve the level of chance that it does. There should be a formula whereby some strategy is involved to make it a challenge, but it is always winnable with effort, rather than insane effort. I cannot win flash tournaments because of the days of the week that they fall on. They really require one to give up on Friday night and Saturday. How mean is that? Shouldn't the flash have automatic wins if you play every hour and use the stronger elements? Shouldn't every tournament play that way?

The world events, and the puffallo event are examples of events in which it is always winnable with effort.

any ways, I did post my results for this tourney in post # 9 on the first page. Maybe it will help someone get the little guy. I have never fought with a gem animal and use a lot of commons with great success. I know it's random, but... never know. Best of luck to everyone.

GC5410
03-29-15, 11:20 AM
I'm in shock, I've completed levels 21 to 26 without any loses!!!

On to 27 now, so fingers crossed I can get done by the deadline (wasn't looking good when I started on 21 this morning!)

CoodieBug
03-29-15, 11:25 AM
On 5th try I finally beat seahorse with Thorilla (elect). I dread the rest of this game and will loose rather than buy gems like I do too often!

Well well--I spoke too soon--they rolled it back on me even though I took photo and completely closed it down after winning. I just fought and lost AGAIN ---this is becoming disgusting!!!!!! It's a joke and we are on candid camera hahaha--I wish it was that innocent !

sweetdeda
03-29-15, 11:37 AM
Finally through the tournament! 35 losses and I did use one ultimate hit on emerald dragon was so tired of loosing and was worried about getting stuck on the last 2 rounds and running out of time. Ancient Sloth definitely my hero he won several rounds including last 2, first try. Good luck to all still battling.

bookadey
03-29-15, 12:26 PM
Zenobia - sorry you are having such a hard time this tournament! It's your posts and guides that help me get a far as I do on these tournaments.

This is was the first tournament I won where I did not have to spend gems to finish. My record was 30-40 with the majority wins by Ancient Sloth, Gold Lion, Santa and Poodle. I don't have crystal or treasure animals, but I can still win battles without them (unlike in DS where no Diamonds means you have to rely solely on luck).

TL (or should I say storm8) obviously adjusts things during the tournament or we wouldn't have seen the Valentine element change or the coin glitch happen, so maybe it's more than picking the right opponent and luck.

Good luck to all still battling.

zenobia42
03-29-15, 12:27 PM
It took me 17 tries, but I FINALLY took down the emerald. If the last 2 are like that, I won't finish. I won't spend a ton of gems to finish a regular tournament that by all rights I should have finished with 1.2-2 days to spare. This is ridiculous.

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 12:34 PM
Zenobia: you said the two operative words here: GEMS and SPEED. That is how they have it set up. In the past, when I have gotten stuck at a level and used gems, the next ones were fairly easy or at least winnable. Still loosing to Retriever with Vinotaur15 and several others. (Gonna try the ferret next, see post by monkeymerlin). I will NOT spend gems on this tournament, not to speed and not to use ultimate. Even though I have over 700 and a few here or there would not hurt too much. On principle !! NO. N.O. And I will NOT buy the animal with real money later either ( this is another TL tactic; make you spend gems in the tournament, still loose, and then you want it so badly you spend real money).
I will just play all their games for free (or not at all) until TL become more customer oriented or at least fair. I don't think that is asking too much.
Not sure what happened to TL (bought out maybe?, change in management?, but their games (at least the ones I play) have changed for the worse. A shame, really.

punjet
03-29-15, 12:41 PM
Having trouble with round 28. :((( starting to get worried that this means I won't be able to finish the tournament.

Me too I'm getting worried. I am stuck in level 28 since yesterday. I don't have onyx so tried using all my fire or dark animal and nothing... Argh!!!!

CoodieBug
03-29-15, 12:42 PM
Zenobia: you said the two operative words here: GEMS and SPEED. That is how they have it set up. In the past, when I have gotten stuck at a level and used gems, the next ones were fairly easy or at least winnable. Still loosing to Retriever with Vinotaur15 and several others. (Gonna try the ferret next, see post by monkeymerlin). I will NOT spend gems on this tournament, not to speed and not to use ultimate. Even though I have over 700 and a few here or there would not hurt too much. On principle !! NO. N.O. And I will NOT buy the animal with real money later either ( this is another TL tactic; make you spend gems in the tournament, still loose, and then you want it so badly you spend real money).
I will just play all their games for free (or not at all) until TL become more customer oriented or at least fair. I don't think that is asking too much.
Not sure what happened to TL (bought out maybe?, change in management?, but their games (at least the ones I play) have changed for the worse. A shame, really.

Thank you for capturing what I've been feeling--very well put!

Lipand5kids
03-29-15, 12:47 PM
R21. Glacial Griffen < Vinataur 15 Nn
R22. Treasure Toucan < Vinotaur 15 nN (Lost Vinotaur)
R23. Psyena <
R24. Steamtrunk <
R25. Golden Retriever<
R26. Nightmare <
R27. Sea Horse<
R28. Emerald Dragon <
R29. Rumblebee <
R30. Slippopotamus <

zenobia42
03-29-15, 01:24 PM
To those stuck on round 28 like I am, maybe try the highest level dark-fire you have, no matter how rare it is. I had been using an ultra rare in that round and it got nowhere. I switched to a super rare (nightmare) and it won the second try. Others are winning with commons. I think when stuck, just go for the best elements period. That seems to be working this tournament... when anything works this tournament.

After it taking 17 tries to beat that emerald, I downed the next (rumblebee) in one with earth-fire.

raythek14
03-29-15, 01:46 PM
Now I'm in trouble. I can't beat the stupid Rumblebee at 29. My Ancient Sloth (Earth) epic has lost 7 times. Do I switch or keep going? Why does this exact animal work for others and not for me? I don't get it.

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 01:53 PM
Just lost to Retriever with Fairy Ferret. Predictable.

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 01:54 PM
Now I'm in trouble. I can't beat the stupid Rumblebee at 29. My Ancient Sloth (Earth) epic has lost 7 times. Do I switch or keep going? Why does this exact animal work for others and not for me? I don't get it.
Because it is random and rigged (if that makes sense).

zenobia42
03-29-15, 01:57 PM

It's because tournaments are now 95% luck. It used to be that if you put in the best or very good animals, you'd win. Maybe get hung up a few times, but still win. Now it doesn't matter WHAT you have. You could put in a magical animal that is strong 4 times over and 3 times more rare and 14 levels higher than the animal you are facing and still lose a dozen times or more. It's pretty much ALL luck now. The ONE aspect of the game that you could win with hard work leveling animals and good strategy is ruined. There is NOTHING in this game now, other than collecting shamrocks, that is not 95-100% luck.

That said, maybe try your highest-level earth-fire. That should be double-strong.

ETA: or what Jenn said lol.

CoodieBug
03-29-15, 02:24 PM
Well well--I spoke too soon--they rolled it back on me even though I took photo and completely closed it down after winning. I just fought and lost AGAIN ---this is becoming disgusting!!!!!! It's a joke and we are on candid camera hahaha--I wish it was that innocent !

Just won again against seahorse (after3 more losses since the rollback after winning)--this time reindeer won (Xmas). Hopefully the win will stick!! Running out of time though--9 hours with 3 to go

my607
03-29-15, 02:25 PM

I beat it with a gold lion.

catsneezes
03-29-15, 02:50 PM
Done!!!! the first time I've beat a tournament :D sadly my nest has an armodillo egg incubating and so I won't be able to nest (hatch?) the hippo in time to get the gem award. soooo relieved to have completed it!

zenobia42
03-29-15, 03:01 PM
Done!!!! the first time I've beat a tournament :D sadly my nest has an armodillo egg incubating and so I won't be able to nest (hatch?) the hippo in time to get the gem award. soooo relieved to have completed it!

Congrats - that's awesome!

maizee0404
03-29-15, 03:20 PM
Done :) and i did a hippo dance :) nest still waiting so cant place yet cant wait to get this super cute baby on my island :)

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 03:24 PM
Congrats to everybody who won ! Awesome! As for me, just lost again to the freaking dog! Oh well, will continue while awake just to see how far I can get.

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 03:29 PM
Final tournament record: 30-38. Not my worst, not my best. On the worse end, though.

1 loss rounds 3, 5, 14, 18, 23, 26
3 losses on rounds 20 and 22
13 losses round 25
5 losses round 28
8 losses round 29

readysetgo888
03-29-15, 03:33 PM
I am definitely frustrated by how much these tournaments seem like luck. It helps to use the correct elements. Otherwise, I don't even know how much level/rarity matters at this point... it is supposed to, but I honestly feel like the game deliberately "sticks" you on certain rounds just to slow you down / see if you will spend gems, and it doesn't matter what fighter you're using when you encounter one of those rounds.

Maybe that's exactly what's going on here... your fighter selection matters sometimes, but then there are some rounds that the game has decided that you get stuck on. It takes 6-20 tries or whatever, and it doesn't even matter what your fighter is, because the game has already decided that you're stuck. Then, whether you are patient and wait it out, or use gems, the next level tends to be beaten in 1-2 tries. I've had that experience in every single full length tournament.

Foxy_Kit
03-29-15, 03:45 PM
I've just been in the Matripony round, used ampeater lvl 12 just for interest.

Lightning got a critical attack, rock got a neutral. Matripony went down in 2 hits.

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 03:45 PM
I am definitely frustrated by how much these tournaments seem like luck. It helps to use the correct elements. Otherwise, I don't even know how much level/rarity matters at this point... it is supposed to, but I honestly feel like the game deliberately "sticks" you on certain rounds just to slow you down / see if you will spend gems, and it doesn't matter what fighter you're using when you encounter one of those rounds.

Maybe that's exactly what's going on here... your fighter selection matters sometimes, but then there are some rounds that the game has decided that you get stuck on. It takes 6-20 tries or whatever, and it doesn't even matter what your fighter is, because the game has already decided that you're stuck. Then, whether you are patient and wait it out, or use gems, the next level tends to be beaten in 1-2 tries. I've had that experience in every single full length tournament.

Same here. The lvl 10 Ferret fought as well (or not) as the lvl 15 Vinotaur. I have lost count how many times I fought that particular level. What is the point of leveling up animals or breeding Rares or Superrares ? It is all predetermined and luck. Bah!

Ellerslie6
03-29-15, 04:22 PM
Same same. Still only on L28 and will probably have to use 30 gem ultimate attack to finish in time. Disallusioned and hunting for new game
Any suggestions?

GC5410
03-29-15, 04:26 PM
I did it! 4 loses for round 28 and 2 loses for round 30, but 6 loses for rounds 21-30 is unheard of for me, making this my easiest tournament in ages.

zenobia42
03-29-15, 04:39 PM
I finished! Toy Poodle FTW, taking down the slippopotamus on the 3rd try.

GOOD LUCK to everyone still trying - you'll need it!

ninasidstorm8
03-29-15, 04:46 PM
I finished! Toy Poodle FTW, taking down the slippopotamus on the 3rd try.

GOOD LUCK to everyone still trying - you'll need it!

I am glad to see that you finally managed to win the tournament, I see that it was quite a struggle.

Congratulations to you and all those who managed to slay the Slippopotamus and by best wishes to all those still battling.

zenobia42
03-29-15, 04:51 PM
I didn't keep track of my wins and losses in tournaments until January. In the full-length tournaments since then I had:

15 losses, and while I did not actually count before then, it was a typical number
27 losses (and freaked out I had nearly twice as many losses as I used to)
26 losses
this one: 46 losses

My animals are not getting worse. Clearly the odds are. First it became twice as bad in February, then twice as bad as THAT in this tournament. SOMETHING has changed. Maybe odds play a bigger factor now. Maybe rarer animals no longer perform better than less-rare ones. Maybe there is a factor making it easier the fewer tournaments someone has won, and harder the more someone has won. I don't know what they did. But they did SOMETHING to eff with tournaments for veterans.

Again, GOOD LUCK to everyone still trying!

catsneezes
03-29-15, 05:06 PM
Congrats - that's awesome!

Thank you!! Best wishes to everyone still fighting~

biologybrain
03-29-15, 06:09 PM
I'm just now on Rnd 27... Unless I spend a bunch of gems, I guess I won't be getting this tournament animal either. I did better this time than in any recent tournament though, I guess that's something. :rolleyes:

TokiChunsa
03-29-15, 06:25 PM
I feel like giving up. The retriever wouldn't go down. Puppy needs to go home!!!

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 06:45 PM
So, finally beat the doggie, with 5 hrs to go. Now I will sleep. Guess I'll miss this one.

CoodieBug
03-29-15, 06:56 PM
Same same. Still only on L28 and will probably have to use 30 gem ultimate attack to finish in time. Disallusioned and hunting for new game
Any suggestions?

Yes, I'm looking for a new game also --definitely by some group other than TL--I'm tired of their shoddy treatment and cash-squeezing techniques ! I'm still on L28 --after too many rollbacks I refuse to buy gems to make it through--couple more chances than that's it !

keller63
03-29-15, 07:07 PM
Right well that's me finally done with this one, did a little speeding to get attempts in but that's mainly because I've been having MAJOR crashing issues with the game and had to reinstall the game over 10 times through this tournament....soooo glad it's over so I can now destress, so hard to do a tournament when you can't open the app!!

Also got last individual prize on event so I can relax a bit more. Can't scroll through my forest wihout the game crashing :(

TokiChunsa
03-29-15, 11:07 PM
On the emerald dragon, but giving up. I'll just end up using all the gems again. It's ridiculous.

sweetypies97
03-29-15, 11:16 PM
My son and I both had level 15 creatures beaten by the Pandaffodil!

I managed to get WEAK attacks against it with my glacial griffin. My son got strong attacks with a pyro pony but no criticals.

2nd try - level15 pyro pony beaten by a level 1 Pandaffodil. Cmon TL this is ridiculous.
I'm currently stuck on level 5, where the level 2 thunder mammoth keeps beating my epic unicorn!

Results - I'm going to list the winning creature and attack, won't worry about too many other details.

ME:

1. Steam trunk (level 13). Fire
2. Reindeer (15). Fire.
3. Pandaffodil (15). Nature.
4. Glacial griffin (15). Water.
5. Ancient sloth (15). Nature. finally (took 8 tries)
6. Toy poodle (15). Nature.
7. Steam trunk (13). Water.
8. Steam trunk (13). Water.
9. Glacial griffin (15). Earth.
10. Glacial griffin (15). Water.
11. Toy poodle (15). Christmas.
12. Glacial griffin (15). Earth.
13. Glacial griffin (15). Earth.
14. Crystal unicorn (15). Gem.
15. Crystal unicorn (15). Gem.
16. Terrorier (15). Dark.
17. Crystal unicorn (15). Gem.
18. Crystal unicorn (15). Gem.
19. Steam trunk (13). Water.
20. Ancient sloth (15). Earth.
21. Toy poodle (15). Nature.
22. Toy poodle (15). Christmas. Finally - it took me 24 hours.
23. Smitten kitten (13). Valentine.

SON:

1. Steam trunk (level 11). Fire
2. Reindeer (15). Fire.
3. Toy poodle (15). Nature.
4. Glacial griffin (15). Water.
5. Ancient Sloth (15). Nature.
6. Toy poodle (15). Nature.
7. Steam trunk (11). Water.
8. Steam trunk (11). Fire.
9. Steam trunk (11). Water.
10. Glacial griffin (15). Water.
11. Toy poodle (15). Christmas.
12 Glacial griffin (15). Earth.
13. Glacial griffin (15). Earth.
14. Crystal unicorn (14). Gem.
15. Crystal unicorn (14). Gem.
16. Nightmare (15). Dark.
17. Crystal unicorn (14). Gem.
18. Crystal unicorn (14). Gem.
19. Glacial griffin (15). Water.
20. Ancient sloth (15). Earth.
21. Toy poodle (15). Nature.
22. Toy poodle (15). Christmas.
23. Reindeer (15). Christmas.
24. Smitten kitten (11). Valentine.

I won't be finishing this one. I was sick yesterday and had a huge day at work so I couldn't play either day. Oh well, I'm not upset about it. If I really wanted the slippo I would use some gems. My son just bought the marmot so I don't think he wants to spend gems on this either.

Monkeh2369
03-30-15, 01:10 AM
I managed to get finished early Saturday evening (UK time). Didn't enjoy this tournament at all if I am honest. I breezed through the first 19 rounds with a couple of losses and then had some problems from 19 onwards. As I said earlier in the thread I got stuck big time on both Treasure animals. I did spend some gems on speeding up some rounds but I managed to get through without using any Ultimate attacks when it looked like I was going to have to. I never keep track of my wins v losses but I am pretty sure I lost more than I won in the end. Despite me thinking I was having a hard time with this tournament on reading some people's experiences I wasn't that bad to be honest. I have been there though in past tournaments and haven't got through them as I have got hung up so I do feel people's pain and frustration.

By the way zenobia I am not sure if I have ever thanked you in the past so thank you for the time and effort you put in to help us all out :)

FigmentValley
03-30-15, 05:41 AM
I, too, owe a great big THANK YOU to Zenobia. Every tournament, you come through. It makes the game far more fun. I would not enjoy it anywhere near the same way were it not for your hard work.

Thank you, Zenobia.

monkeymerlin
03-30-15, 10:27 AM
No sloppopotato for me. Couldn't get past the emerald dragon, those last few easy rounds were just there to tease me into thinking I was getting him.
I started playing the game because it looked fun and gave me some cool looking creatures and a weird zoo to look after but recently it's kinda making me stressed and disappointed lol. So going back to my original reason for playing and that's to collect a menagerie, i think I'll get as many as I can and fatten up them up,...then have a barbecue.

P.s. Thanks for the thread Zenobia x

Ellerslie6
03-30-15, 04:40 PM
Hey Zenobia
If nothing strong against Valentine and Valentine not breed able what is point of any new players joining Fantasy Forest. Similarly with Xmas. I can't follow most of your suggested opponents because despite constant trying I didn't manage to breed any Xmas and only got love dove during Valentine period. I have Ruby, Emerald and Crystal yet couldn't get thru this tourney without using the 30 gem ultimate hit twice. Seems it will be impossible for new players to get thru a tourney if breed able animals are not strong enough to beat Valentine and Xmas. ???

Ellerslie6
03-30-15, 04:54 PM
By the way
Thanks so much for your charts and win lists. Very valuable.
Cheers

readysetgo888
03-30-15, 04:59 PM
Hey Zenobia
If nothing strong against Valentine and Valentine not breed able what is point of any new players joining Fantasy Forest. Similarly with Xmas. I can't follow most of your suggested opponents because despite constant trying I didn't manage to breed any Xmas and only got love dove during Valentine period. I have Ruby, Emerald and Crystal yet couldn't get thru this tourney without using the 30 gem ultimate hit twice. Seems it will be impossible for new players to get thru a tourney if breed able animals are not strong enough to beat Valentine and Xmas. ???

Well.... having an Xmas or Valentine's animal doesn't help you beat Xmas or Valentine's opponents in the tournaments. All we're saying about there no longer being any strong attacks for a Valentine's opponent is that it doesn't matter what you choose. It used to be that you could choose an electric animal to fight a Valentine animal and have a better chance of beating it... now that's gone, so you can choose anything you want and have an equal chance. That's frustrating, because there's no longer a way to give yourself an advantage, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you yourself have a Valentine's animal.

And you definitely, absolutely, 1000% do NOT NEED holiday elements in tournaments. I NEVER use any of the holiday elements in battle... and there's no good reason why a regular permanent element can't do exactly the same thing. Just ignore the holiday elements whenever they appear on the chart. I promise, they aren't necessary and aren't actually better than the permanent element that is also listed.

You also need to know that these tournaments come down like 90% to luck, anyway, even with the right fighters, ultra rares, etc. Long time players get stuck on tournaments just like newbies. They are designed to be very difficult and aggravating to tempt people into spending money to beat them. Having a group of level 15 ultra rares doesn't at all guarantee an easier time of it.

Zen, maybe recommend putting the holiday elements at the end of your list of suggestions, rather than near the beginning?

You do not need holiday elements in tournaments. They are just one option, never the only good choice.

keller63
03-30-15, 06:07 PM
Did anyone think that tl made this tournament more ridiculously harder then the others?? 3-4 gems and 2 treasures seems a little extreme... Not to mention the matripony with no weak was... It's almost like they wanted NO ONE to win it

Also did anyone try shamrock against matripony? Might be the only thing to use on it to 'make' people use them

calvinxx
03-30-15, 09:04 PM
I tried Lucky Rabbit against Matripony and the attack was weak lol So Valentines is strong against Shamrock

PernReloaded
03-30-15, 09:15 PM
Did anyone think that tl made this tournament more ridiculously harder then the others?? 3-4 gems and 2 treasures seems a little extreme... Not to mention the matripony with no weak was... It's almost like they wanted NO ONE to win it

Also did anyone try shamrock against matripony? Might be the only thing to use on it to 'make' people use them
I did the first time around. Nothing going, it was weak all three hits.

Jennerwein1
03-30-15, 10:38 PM

I breezed by Matripony first try. Can't remember with which animal. I was stuck on Retriever with the "right" high level animals. As readyset mentioned earlier, it is all luck. Did not get Slippo, because I refuse to spend any gems as long as TL/S8 continues with their blatant money grabbing.
Zenobia, thank you a bunch for all you do for us.:)

LonePudding
04-01-15, 05:05 PM
Overall record: 30-46.
Day 1: 7-2
Day 2: 10-4
Day 3: 6-7
Day 4: 2-11
Day 5: 3-11
Day 6: 2-11, 7 speeds used

Hi, I'm kinda new to this game, not battling though as I'm used to DS. I wanted ask some questions but didn't want to disturb you guys during the hype of the tournament :p can anyone tell me what the above means?

LonePudding
04-01-15, 05:08 PM
Rd 1 Nightmare bt Pandafoddil 1-0

Also, what does the 1-0 mean? Thanks

readysetgo888
04-01-15, 06:17 PM
LonePudding, it's a record of the wins and losses. Some of us keep track of how many times we have to play each round of the tournament before we win. So 30-46 means 30 wins and 46 losses. If it takes me 4 times before I beat a particular round, I would write my record as 1-3 on that round. Some people also write how they did on each day, so 2-8 would be 2 wins, 8 losses on day 3 of the tournament. Hopefully this makes sense!

zenobia42
04-01-15, 08:38 PM
Hey Zenobia

Well.... having an Xmas or Valentine's animal doesn't help you beat Xmas or Valentine's opponents in the tournaments. All we're saying about there no longer being any strong attacks for a Valentine's opponent is that it doesn't matter what you choose. It used to be that you could choose an electric animal to fight a Valentine animal and have a better chance of beating it... now that's gone, so you can choose anything you want and have an equal chance. That's frustrating, because there's no longer a way to give yourself an advantage, but it doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you yourself have a Valentine's animal.

And you definitely, absolutely, 1000% do NOT NEED holiday elements in tournaments. I NEVER use any of the holiday elements in battle... and there's no good reason why a regular permanent element can't do exactly the same thing. Just ignore the holiday elements whenever they appear on the chart. I promise, they aren't necessary and aren't actually better than the permanent element that is also listed.

You also need to know that these tournaments come down like 90% to luck, anyway, even with the right fighters, ultra rares, etc. Long time players get stuck on tournaments just like newbies. They are designed to be very difficult and aggravating to tempt people into spending money to beat them. Having a group of level 15 ultra rares doesn't at all guarantee an easier time of it.

Zen, maybe recommend putting the holiday elements at the end of your list of suggestions, rather than near the beginning?

You do not need holiday elements in tournaments. They are just one option, never the only good choice.

I do the list in order from best to great to good choices. The idea is that a LOT of people won't have the first, second, or middle animals on the list. You read the list until you find one you have. A period signifies the end of each tier. An "or" means the animals in that sentence are all just as good as each other. The holiday elements might be anywhere on the list. Often, the best is an ultra or two, followed by great elements combos that may include holiday elements or not, then animals with one strong element. If I put the holiday elements at the end of the list it would be out of order. People who have holiday element animals would be lead to believe that those animals are not as good as others when really the opposite is true.

I do understand, though, how vexing it can be to read the recommendations and have none of them until the end. I will think on how to make it easier for people with limited animal selection to find an animal they can use, while not misleading those with a fuller selection into choosing a less-good animal over the holiday due to me putting holiday at the end of the list when it should be in the middle. Perhaps I will put holiday animal choices in grey but leave them in the correct location? Then those with a large collection can know which animals are really best, great or good, and those who have no holiday animals can just skip over everything in grey? Anyone else have a good idea how to preserve the order and make it faster for people with smaller menageries to find an animal they actually have? Feedback is welcome!

And I want to reiterate what rsg88 said: you absolutely positively do NOT need holiday animals to win tournaments. You can win tournaments with no holiday animals AND no ultras - I did it before I got either. In fact, I had an easier time of tournaments back in the day when I had no ultras and there were no limited holiday elements to be had. I miss those days for a LOT of reasons.

chippychan
04-02-15, 04:21 AM
Perhaps I will put holiday animal choices in grey but leave them in the correct location? Then those with a large collection can know which animals are really best, great or good, and those who have no holiday animals can just skip over everything in grey? Anyone else have a good idea how to preserve the order and make it faster for people with smaller menageries to find an animal they actually have? Feedback is welcome!

Personally I don't think you need to change a thing about how you've been listing recommended animals. I don't have certain elements either (like gem or Xmas) but I like to see them in the list as they are. I like to see the all the options, even if I don't have them. :)

zenobia, you do an amazing job and are EXTREMELY helpful. I'm certain the only reason I've done well in the last couple tournaments is thanks to the list you compile for all of us. THANK YOU!

LonePudding
04-02-15, 05:08 AM
LonePudding, it's a record of the wins and losses. Some of us keep track of how many times we have to play each round of the tournament before we win. So 30-46 means 30 wins and 46 losses. If it takes me 4 times before I beat a particular round, I would write my record as 1-3 on that round. Some people also write how they did on each day, so 2-8 would be 2 wins, 8 losses on day 3 of the tournament. Hopefully this makes sense!

Perfect! Thank you, hopefully I can join in the next tournament, even though my animals are pretty lame...

zenobia42
04-03-15, 06:16 AM
Perfect! Thank you, hopefully I can join in the next tournament, even though my animals are pretty lame...

You should definitely give it a good try next time! They have been making the tournaments much, much harder for the veteran players... but at the same time easier for newer players. Which means that while those of us who have worked hard for 8 months to get great fighters to level 15 are now suddenly struggling, our hard work being met with punishment, newer players are being given the gift of it being much easier for you guys to finish, so you really should try - you might win where veterans with a roster of level 15 ultras are forced to either lose or spend a ton of gems to win now. Try and likely win these tournaments while you still can!

LonePudding
04-03-15, 08:19 AM
Glad I joined at the right time! Hope the next one follows that pattern too!