PDA

View Full Version : Expansion

travelingcircus
03-23-15, 09:46 PM
I have read a lot of these threads trying to figure out what to do, but have no idea.

With maps, deeds, etc at a premium I want to make sure I proceed in the right direction. I have opened the mine, the pond, and the train and am on level 27. Because I had no idea what I was doing, I have been doing all kind of plane deliveries and only have around $35,000 and 30 gems (just opened train and did 2 deliveries so far). I am right next to beehive, so should be avail around level 30 for me.

I can go towards truffle farm, alpacas, herb plot (2 plots away) or wherever else may be better. I read somewhere that alpacas are a waste. I do not have even close to the money needed for water garden or hot air balloon at the moment.

I just bought a bunch of maps, etc so can go in a direction, but not sure which way to go. My barn keeps filling up, so need to use them soon 24 deeds, 17 expansion, and 17 old maps.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

PookieBear50
03-23-15, 11:23 PM
If you need to expand now and cannot hold out until you can expand to the Beehive, I would suggest doing the Herb Garden. Initially they will be next to useless, but once you have the Jelly Maker, you will need herbs to make the very first item, the Apple Butter. You cannot make that without the Honey, of course (so you will need to get to the Beehive as soon as possible), but since you can only get 2 herbs every so many hours (I think it is somewhere between 5 and 8, but I can't recall), building up your stores now will come in handy later.

I know some players will disagree, but I think there is nothing wrong with doing plane and train deliveries as well as selling in the Side Shop. Although you might spend all your time crafting for orders, not all the buildings will be used, nor all the basic ingredients for the recipes. So, while you are preparing orders, you can be selling other things in the Side Shop. That will help you start earning coins one way, as well as earning coins and stars another way.

I would also recommend, as much as possible, try to only fulfill orders you can (mostly) make yourself and avoid buying too many finished products from the Newsstand. It is guaranteed you will lose money that way. On the other hand, buying basic ingredients and crafting them yourself may cost you time, but in the end you might still come out slightly ahead in coinage.

queentina3
03-24-15, 05:41 AM
I agree, go for the herb garden first and then the beehive. I also agree that there's nothing wrong with doing plane/train deliveries, but I save the plane ones for items that I know won't sell well for me, wouldn't make much money if I did sell them anyways, or have crops in the order as well. I can gain back crops fairly quickly so to me it isn't really a loss by using a plane order for them, especially if it is an order that happens to drop me tools or needed expansion items. :)

The train is a whole other beast and I get way too many that want iron/silver/gold/jewelry in general. At one point I was just sending those away, but it annoyed me as everything else in the order was easy to fulfill and worth doing the train for. So now I've started doing those trains again but just leaving that one portion alone and only getting 2 gems. I HATE having to do that, and normally I'd find a way to fill it, but with the events taking place every other week, I won't give up those rare supplies right now, not even for the extra 3 gems. I also HATE that we can't just send the train when we've filled it as much as is possible. No, it has to sit there glaring at me for not fulfilling the full order until it is time to leave. :rolleyes:

travelingcircus
03-24-15, 07:22 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I was able to use the stuff for the last two plots and the herb garden is on a countdown now ( not sure for what). This has given me more room to collect stuff, so I am grateful.

The train gives me anxiety. I feel like I need to fill it immediately. There was one that I could not complete because I don't have a jewelry machine and they wanted something like 8 earring. Yeah, right! I filled it with what I could and had to wait a long time for it to ship off...

I accidentally used up some gems somehow clicking around and now down to 13. Funny thing is, I have no idea what it was used on or where they went. It was heartbreaking because it took me so long to get there and it seems like everything needs quite a bit of gems :(