PDA

View Full Version : New version of Android shortens the amount of text you can input on messages?

spydre1
03-23-15, 07:44 PM
To clarify, this started before the spring fling update, I believe, but on my Lolipopped Nexus 7 I did not have this issue, but I also didn't have access to the crafting, the spells, or the battle arena. Essentially, I didn't have THIS game version. This only happened when I loaded the game on my Galaxy Tab S 8.4, and after that, when I loaded it to my Samsung Galaxy 4 phone to check that it wasn't just my tablet.

When I got my new tablet (4 weeks ago), I downloaded Dragon Story again for a new account (previous accounts, spydre and addspydre). Was very pleased to see that the version now included storage, crafting, spells, and a battle arena, which I THOUGHT previously was only for iOS users. The version I have is 1.9.8.4g. All was good. Except when it came to my wall - the message input line. I can ENTER text past the space where the normal white space ends, but the line doesn't scroll to the side, like in other games, and like it used to, and nothing past that last part that I could see will show up in the posted window - which is, in actuality, SHORTER than a line of text. Can someone help me with this? I thought it was my device, so I loaded it onto another device (which I've had to start doing anyway, because my tablet has been in for repairs for 2 - 3 weeks), and it's still the same on this device as it was on the tablet. Previously, I was using a Nook 7 (on my addspydre account) with, I know it was Lollipop, and didn't even have access to a version of the game with all the features I mentioned that showed up when I downloaded the game with this new account - the one I'm posting from now.

Sorry, this is Android 4.42 on the device I'm using now, on my previous device, and the one I should be getting back shortly, I believe it was Lollipop. This is on a Galaxy S4 phone, the tablet was a Galaxy Tab S 8.4

ndtrance
03-24-15, 05:02 AM
It's not just you. This has been a problem for Android since the update unfortunately.

[S8] Regina
03-24-15, 09:15 AM
This is a known issue, and the team is currently investigating this matter. Thank you for your patience!

ravnlocke
03-24-15, 09:28 AM
I have Samsung Galaxy S5. 'LOLLIPOP' has "HIJACKED" my phone as well! Not only do I have fewer characters, it also impedes me from using any capitalization or emoticons! :(

spydre1
03-24-15, 01:50 PM
I have Samsung Galaxy S5. 'LOLLIPOP' has "HIJACKED" my phone as well! Not only do I have fewer characters, it also impedes me from using any capitalization or emoticons! :(

See, that's the thing - the only device that I'm SURE had Lollipop was my Nexus 7 - and I didn't have a problem with that. It was only with the new version of the game that added thing that I BELIEVE were limited to iOS users previously that screwed mine up. At least, that's what I'm guessing.

MyRedBud
03-26-15, 05:59 AM
You are correct on several counts. If you reload DS Winter and start it up, and if you can keep it from crashing every 30 seconds, you will find none of the new options like the mine, craft shop, etc. The battle arena doesn't work either last I checked. I got back on myself and was able to use the message posts just fine, when it didn't crash. I can live with a broken message box for now because the game RUNS again! It has been so frustrating as each version released was more broken than the last. I found myself going back a couple of versions just to be able to play at all. I couldn't visit neighbors because it crashed every time. I couldn't post messages because it crashed every time. (if I deleted the cache and data in the system manager I could get it to work for a minute or two. But once a certain amount of dragons popped into the screen... crash!) So when this new version came out - as well as the base version being updated - it blew me away! It has never crashed on me, I can visit neighbors, shop in the market, open the social list, gift gold to more than one neighbor at a time and without restarting the game afterward, and the list goes on. If the monitor wonders if I reported it: YES! Until I realized that Android players were not going to get any upgrades or repairs for a very long time. I never got responses, except to tellmeto reinstall and reboot. Right.

Now, how long before we get the ice cave upgrade? There's a lot of stuff as well. Are we going to be given a chance to play catchup? Such as give us quests, goals, dragons and habitats that we couldn't have because we couldn't craft, etc. I know, wrong thread. It just flowed from the rest. ;-)