PDA

View Full Version : strategy in having or not having new neighbors

cspencer13
03-22-15, 10:38 AM
I've noticed some folks will say things like "I'm not adding new neighbors" and I was wondering the strategy in that. My inclination has been to just add everyone and anyone, because it seems like the advantage is always having neighbors leaving tips. What is the downside to having a lot of neighbors?

queentina3
03-22-15, 11:13 AM
When they expect you to tip them back and you just don't have the time to visit hundreds of neighbors every single day. Plus, with the limited amount of tables we're allowed there's really no reason for a huge amount of neighbors if you can't go into your game every few minutes to clear the tips. It isn't like we need to request parts or anything else from neighbors and the gifting system is such a mess most people have just stopped gifting altogether.

ChefKK1
03-22-15, 12:40 PM
I agree! I loved BS because you gifted parts to Nbrs that helped with goals. It created a community environment and ppl loved the Nbr network. There isn't a sense of community with this game as the who, what and when you gift is completely confusing. IMO, TL would do better to stop gouging and alienating the players with ridiculous market prices and recipe changes and add the ability to gift parts and spices to NBRs. It would make the game more fun, build a NBR network and relieve the frustration of the arbitrary recipe chges, price gouging and erratic appearance of the stalkers Cid and Lily!

Beecause
03-22-15, 03:35 PM
One of the greatest things about RS2 is that our success is entirely our own responsibility.
If we want to be more social, that option is available to all of us but our game progress is not dependent on it.

bobbyrae
03-22-15, 04:50 PM
I've noticed some folks will say things like "I'm not adding new neighbors" and I was wondering the strategy in that. My inclination has been to just add everyone and anyone, because it seems like the advantage is always having neighbors leaving tips. What is the downside to having a lot of neighbors?

The downside of having a lot of neighbours: carpal tunnel syndrome if they all expect you to tip them.

ChefKK1
03-22-15, 07:16 PM
One of the greatest things about RS2 is that our success is entirely our own responsibility.
If we want to be more social, that option is available to all of us but our game progress is not dependent on it.

Oh yes - I really prefer to be at the mercy of the erratic Cid and ditzy Lily for my parts and spices as opposed to a mutually successful partnership with another player or 300 players. Very insightful! I must have misunderstood the hundred of posters that continue to vent their frustrations about Cid, Lily, and lack game continuity on this forum.

Beecause
03-23-15, 04:55 PM
Well I managed to make it to level 49 in less than 70 days without spending money or any assistance
from neighbors, all my buildings upgraded to level 4, 7 garden plots( one more seed to open #8) and
9 slots in the market.

It's all about time and strategy.

mamareader02
03-23-15, 05:04 PM
I accept all,and while I did visit at first to level up,I don't anymore,besides a few once in a while,and if my neighbors don't like that,they can delete me,no hard feelings:)