PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring the cash register?

kripzcafe
03-19-15, 10:46 AM
Hi, I had my bakery set up once where the customers didn't even walk up to the register, they would just walk in and go straight to a seat. Does anyone know this method? Pls post it : )

PepperWoo
03-19-15, 12:19 PM
Is it the customers 'teleporting' thing? I wasn't around when this happened but I've read a discussion from way back that it was a bug and TL has fixed it since. You can't do it anymore.

kripzcafe
03-19-15, 12:21 PM
No, no teleporting or exploting/bugging. They would just walk in normally and go straight to a seat. I just had it ike this in february this year

twospoons
03-19-15, 04:04 PM
weird. the closest i can think of is when your register is a few steps away so the customers don't pause at it when they walk to a seat, but i've never seen them avoid it entirely.

chusy8id
03-21-15, 12:06 PM
Did the customers stop for a little while at the door with a clock?

kripzcafe
03-22-15, 11:12 AM
Possibly CHUSY, but yeah - they didn't even walk up to the register they'd just come in and find a seat - can't remember 100% on it

VanaCatu
03-23-15, 05:15 AM
it's a question i'm curious about already over 2 months...
i have one neighbour, and i've just rechecked again.
no matter whch layout she uses, she's changing often enough, - but her guys never go to register.
they come in, stick for a second in a door, and then just go to the seats.
cash register is always far from door.
and nobody goes to it.
i was wondering, maybe it's because she uses digital register i/o usual?..

kripzcafe
03-23-15, 12:01 PM
No I think I only have one default register, do you know her s8id?

VanaCatu
03-26-15, 11:44 AM
they stick on door for the same time as if register were right behind the door...

twospoons
03-26-15, 02:26 PM
oh, that's neat. thanks for tracking down that info, vanacatu! i have a small place and usually only have 1 door, so i'm probably going to use this tip--if nothing else, to amaze my neighbors who don't read the forums!

bobbyrae
03-26-15, 02:42 PM
*sigh*
Guys, some things are better done via pm. I suspect this little trick already known by some players will now be removed from the game in the next update, just like "teleporting" was.

twospoons
03-26-15, 05:05 PM
um…oops? sorry, that really never occurred to me. i hope nothing happens!

VanaCatu
03-27-15, 03:08 AM
well, i got it, ok.
but anyhow i don't think it's a big deal... i see the guys in this case stick on door for the same time as if register were there. thus, in both parts / from both doors of bakery clients flow goes with the same speed.
so, it cd be helpful if only u don't wanna put register right behind the door as per optimal layout.
otherwise, same result.

kripzcafe
03-28-15, 04:40 PM
Its OK I found it out. I have a straight line with about 12 tables on each side and the register at the last square, if you have the register set so the clerks back is facing the door they'll walk in, pause, and find a seat.

FrozenTurtle
03-30-15, 10:56 AM
We do not recommend setting up your Bakery in any way which will circumvent the intended gameplay mechanic. Doing so may result in unforeseen consequences and we're not responsible for any losses that occur as a result of this.

Closing to prevent further discussion on the topic.