PDA

View Full Version : Where is CID?

queentina3
03-18-15, 01:26 PM
edit(KP)

Update
Cid is still making his rounds to everyone's Restaurants, but he may not be showing up as frequently. Also, Cid won't be dropping any Gems any longer. Sorry about that!

Please don't move this thread to the other one I created. This question needs to be answered as he's an integral part of the game and TL is currently ignoring us in that thread. We don't know if this is a BUG or INTENTIONAL!

Should I tell all my neighbors that they should email support@teamlava in reference to the disappearance of CID? Should all of us on the forum email them as well?

He used to come every half hour, now we're lucky to see him twice a day. He's the only way we receive parts in this game and if TL has decided to pretty much nix him coming into our restaurants, there's really little point in continuing to play as we'll never get the parts necessary to upgrade the shops, our restaurant, repair the shops to get ingredients in the first place, or even add to the garden or open it in the first place. There's also the fact that those that haven't maxed out their pantry at 130 won't be able to upgrade that either. Needless to say I doubt anyone is going to open the Street Market now, if they haven't already, nor will those that have add to it, so don't really care if he drops parts for that or not. You've raised those prices by 500%+ so.... :rolleyes:

TL, is CID disappearing a bug that needs to be resolved, or did you pretty much make this change willingly? How often should we now see CID? Many of us time going into the game on when CID will appear and right now, we don't know when that is except we're lucky if we see him twice in a day!

Please answer as it has been days now and enough people have posted about this in the Irish Goal thread as well as the Market Price/Recipe Changed complaint thread I started and you've yet to respond!

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 02:29 PM
I see CID coming in every once in a while. Lily is the one who seems to be missing in action for me.

nmishii
03-18-15, 03:04 PM
I see Cid more than twice a day, but not as often as he used to come. Maybe every couple of hours or so? Now I see Lily more than Cid.

The one I see more than I want to is the leprechaun guy. And it seems he drops more shamrocks per visit now that I have completed the goal and have no use for them.

queentina3
03-18-15, 03:52 PM
I see Lilly about the same as I did before, every hour if I haven't logged out of the game, or when I log in if I'd been gone a few hours. Liam doesn't leave me alone and I have almost 70 shamrock's now. :rolleyes:

CID, nada. I've seen him once so far today and I've checked my game 7 times today. Even when I've been gone hours he doesn't show up when I log back in. He's on a beach laughing at me drinking cocktails. "Yo queen, you want that shovel do ya? And a hammer to? Well tough!"

I feel like I'm going to have to start playing "Where In The World is CID?"

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 04:21 PM
I'll swap my cid for your Lilly. CID is useless to me right now. He only drops screws. I need wood. He brings only screws. Smh.

ElaineCarrel
03-18-15, 05:10 PM
I'm seeing Cid quite often also, at least 1x per hour. Like everyone else Liam's visiting me and unless I collect shamrocks from him he'll leave but come back in about 5 mins. I finished that goal yesterday so I defini don't need his shamrocks. I wish there'd been away to stop Liam's visit w the completion of the goal. O well
I know late this afternoon when I kept checking in to c whether or not my counters were clear I was seeing all 3, Cid-Lily-Liam ea visit I made like every 30-45 mins.

queentina3
03-18-15, 08:28 PM
Well he's not showing up for me. I was in my game 3 hours ago and I saw him for the 3rd time today. I've been in my game for 15 minutes now and no CID. He used to show up ever 1/2 hour and every time I opened the game as it was usually longer than a 1/2 hour I'd been gone, but now, after 3 hours being gone, and no CID even after waiting 15 minutes in my game putting on new dishes and gathering ingredients. Oh, and no Lilly either.

I did get Liam, how nice. He dropped me 4 more shamrocks bringing my total up to 76. Too bad I can't gift these to neighbors that need them. I finished these goals and don't need them, but like clockwork, he shows up. Real nice. Go away Liam and bring back CID and Lilly please!

caitlin1998thebest
03-19-15, 07:04 AM
Well he's not showing up for me. I was in my game 3 hours ago and I saw him for the 3rd time today. I've been in my game for 15 minutes now and no CID. He used to show up ever 1/2 hour and every time I opened the game as it was usually longer than a 1/2 hour I'd been gone, but now, after 3 hours being gone, and no CID even after waiting 15 minutes in my game putting on new dishes and gathering ingredients. Oh, and no Lilly either.

I did get Liam, how nice. He dropped me 4 more shamrocks bringing my total up to 76. Too bad I can't gift these to neighbors that need them. I finished these goals and don't need them, but like clockwork, he shows up. Real nice. Go away Liam and bring back CID and Lilly please!

I haven't seen Cid since I've finished the St Paddys goals yesterday? Help please Teamlava ,need to expand ,no room for any more tables / chairs/ ovens etc

queentina3
03-19-15, 07:23 AM
I haven't seen Cid since I've finished the St Paddys goals yesterday? Help please Teamlava ,need to expand ,no room for any more tables / chairs/ ovens etc

Not that this is good, but I'm glad it's not just me! I've been in my game 4 times since 630a this morning, I've seen CID and Lilly once. I've seen Liam all 4 times. I had to wait for CID the first time for almost 25 minutes!

TL, before the changes the other day CID was scheduled every 1/2 hour. Lilly was scheduled every hour. What is their new schedule? Is this a BUG or is it INTENTIONAL? Do I have to email support@teamlava to get some type of answer? Though most likely they'll either tell me to come to the forum or their first answer will be incorrect (almost always is when I email them for help), so that leaves me still waiting on a S8 CM to finally respond!

Please, this isn't a difficult question to answer! WHERE IS CID?

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure what schedule my three were on but whenever I'd check in on my game (not on an hourly basis unfortunately) i would see all three moseying on in. Now when I check in I see Liam, of course, and CID but miss Lily is missing and I see her maybe once or twice per day now. It used to be that Liam was missing in action when the other two would come in regularly, but now it seems they have switched. I can't even bother to click on CID now since he only drops screws. I feel like taking a 2 x 4 and smashing him over the head and beating some wood out of him. Smh.

Queentina, maybe you should lock LIAM up in your pantry and tickle him until he tells you what he did with CID.

queentina3
03-19-15, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure what schedule my three were on but whenever I'd check in on my game (not on an hourly basis unfortunately) i would see all three moseying on in. Now when I check in I see Liam, of course, and CID but miss Lily is missing and I see her maybe once or twice per day now. It used to be that Liam was missing in action when the other two would come in regularly, but now it seems they have switched. I can't even bother to click on CID now since he only drops screws. I feel like taking a 2 x 4 and smashing him over the head and beating some wood out of him. Smh.

Queentina, maybe you should lock LIAM up in your pantry and tickle him until he tells you what he did with CID.

I checked into my game about 20 minutes ago, still wasn't there. I did what I had to do then went to a few neighbors, and finally, after 20 minutes, he appeared again. So....from 655a to 1250p I get CID once. WTH???

I keep pulling the chair out from under Liam since he annoys me so much. He just comes back, unfortunately. It makes me feel good though. :p

OH, and Lilly showed up as well but it took her 10 minutes after logging into my game. In the past both CID and Lilly, if it was their time, came in right when I entered. Now I have to wait around and HOPE they show up. :rolleyes:

queentina3
03-19-15, 11:46 AM
Interesting, CID showed up the last time I checked into my game, and right away too. I'll update again next time I log in and see if he goes missing again.

I really wish I knew when he was supposed to show up now though, it would make it so much easier to know if there WAS a problem or not. *sighs*

queentina3
03-19-15, 06:06 PM
Well for the first time since early this afternoon, CID showed up again. That is 4 times only in 15 hours. What the heck is going on with CID, TL? Did you or did you not change his arrival time? Is this a BUG or INTENTIONAL? It would really be nice to know if there is an actual bug with your "special" customer.

God, why is this question so darn hard to answer for you people???? :mad:

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 06:33 PM
Well. It appears that your CID & my Lilly have a thing going on, because Lilly showed up twice today for me.

And. AND CID showed up with wood!! Not once, but twice this afternoon. O.o hmmmm...

nmishii
03-19-15, 06:39 PM
What I noticed about Cid is that he hasn't dropped a gem since the update. Okay, it hasn't been that long since the update and he doesn't come that often anymore, and I'm not as into this game as I was in the past, but he was dropping gems quite regularly.

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 06:49 PM
What I noticed about Cid is that he hasn't dropped a gem since the update. Okay, it hasn't been that long since the update and he doesn't come that often anymore, and I'm not as into this game as I was in the past, but he was dropping gems quite regularly.

I noticed that today actually because he used to come in pretty frequently with nails and gems for me.i figured that maybe he stopped dropping gems after we got to a certain level :)

queentina3
03-19-15, 07:11 PM
I think that the fact that S8 CM's have been responding to other BUG threads but not this one is very telling. They don't like us to assume anything, right? Well I have no choice now but to ASSUME that the issue with both CID and Lilly very rarely making an appearance for people is BY DESIGN, and not in fact a BUG.

So, with that being said, a player mod (Kooky/SpiritWind) go ahead and close this thread. It's obviously not getting any attention by those that need to respond anyways.

On that note, this has pretty much made my decision. If nothing changes with the game by Sunday then I'll be deleting it. I'm sick and tired of being their guinea pig, alerting them to probable issues, and just being ignored. Maybe in the future nobody should open up ANY bug reports, alert them to ANY possible problems, and just email support@teamlava directly and FLOOD their support with possible bug emails. It seems that may be the only way to get their attention, since the CM's obviously don't want to do the job assigned to them - monitoring this forum and answering our questions about possible bugs.

See ya!

FrozenTurtle
03-20-15, 03:02 PM
Cid is still making his rounds to everyone's Restaurants, but he may not be showing up as frequently. Also, Cid won't be dropping any Gems any longer. Sorry about that!

bobbyrae
03-20-15, 03:32 PM

Hmmm... Part of the changes made to balance the economy of the game and to provide a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time, I suppose. Too bad.

queentina3
03-20-15, 04:35 PM
Thank you for letting us know. Is there a schedule or is it just random now? CID and Lilly may appear, they may not, we just have to hope?

CID is the only way to receive parts in this game and then it's random what he drops, we can't even decide, so if he only appears 3 or 4 times a day and drops a random part, how do you expect people to open up shops, expand shops, expand/open garden, upgrade the pantry? Let me guess, you don't expect them to without using gems, gems they have to pay for now, right? How very greedy of you. :rolleyes:

Yeah, ok, thanks. I guess this is another TL game I'm giving up. It's going the way Bakery did in '12 and I quit that instantly when you claimed game economics and longevity would prolong the experience and make it enjoyable. It wasn't enjoyable, it didn't prolong the experience - it ended it full stop. I'm not going to wait just to get continually frustrated with this game as well.

Sorry neighbors, but this is the end for me. The straw that broke this camels back for this game.

bobbyrae
03-20-15, 05:57 PM
CID is the only way to receive parts in this game and then it's random what he drops, we can't even decide, so if he only appears 3 or 4 times a day and drops a random part, how do you expect people to open up shops, expand shops, expand/open garden, upgrade the pantry? Let me guess, you don't expect them to without using gems, gems they have to pay for now, right? How very greedy of you.

Well, think about it. Having CID drop things (including gems) at regular intervals thus allowing you to expand and repair stuff at a challenging, yet satisfactory, fun and engaging pace is contrary to the goal of balancing the economy of the game and providing a fun and engaging experience that everyone, including you, I presume, can enjoy for a long time. Can't you see that?

queentina3
03-20-15, 07:58 PM
Well, think about it. Having CID drop things (including gems) at regular intervals thus allowing you to expand and repair stuff at a challenging, yet satisfactory, fun and engaging pace is contrary to the goal of balancing the economy of the game and providing a fun and engaging experience that everyone, including you, I presume, can enjoy for a long time. Can't you see that?

*sniffs arrogantly and pompously as I respond* I know a rhetorical question when I see one, bobbyrae. :p

ariffraff
04-02-15, 10:53 PM
If I see Cid once every 24 hours I'm lucky. I've gone as long as 3 days without him. I still get Lilly but no Cid. This doesn't seem right. I figure he should come at least once every 24 hours???

sweetcharts
04-03-15, 02:00 PM
I don't know the most times CID visits my restaurant is 14 for some reason

Simdiva
04-09-15, 06:31 AM
Is it just me or has cid drastically increased his time between visits? I dropped in a second chateau stove and it seemed as soon as I unlocked it cid stopped coming more than once every two to three hours whereas before he reliably came every 30 minutes. This is bad news for me as I am completely out if parts having just upgraded my pantry and expanded my restaurant to nine so i could get the awesome surf and turf.

Anyone else With similar issues?

queentina3
04-09-15, 07:01 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79896-Where-is-CID&p=1078535&viewfull=1#post1078535

That is the response I got when I complained about CID's recent turn-around time. They won't tell us even how often he'll come now, just that it has been increased in length between visits. Nice eh? The only way to get parts in this game and they go and make him appear maybe twice a day in my game. :rolleyes:

bobbyrae
04-09-15, 11:10 AM
The only way to get parts in this game

Lol. Really? I think you must mean the only way to get parts for FREE in the game. :p

queentina3
04-09-15, 11:21 AM
Lol. Really? I think you must mean the only way to get parts for FREE in the game. :p

*slaps forehead*

You're right, I forgot that I can get parts by spending my real money on gems. How silly of me to forget that is the whole purpose of all these changes, for TL to FORCE me to buy gems when I had been willingly doing it beforehand. Now, NO WAY! When I'm forced or you prove yourself as nothing but a greedy backstabbing company, you won't get my money. Sorry. :p

Simdiva
04-09-15, 10:49 PM
Lovely no wonder I've had to use gems, this is so annoying that they are forcing us to use gems in order to progress. Sigh, I hope this wasn't another mistake. I overlooked the street market issue and still use it iccasionally but the cid thing is making me bang my head.

WinnyWoos
04-10-15, 11:19 PM

Hahaha! EXACTLY! Couldn't have been said any better!

altheamae64
04-14-15, 11:47 AM
Cid is still making his rounds to everyone's Restaurants, but he may not be showing up as frequently. Also, Cid won't be dropping any Gems any longer. Sorry about that!Is this an appropriate manner in which to announce something so important to ALL players?

In a reply on an FMs thread?

Smh